New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Falgorn View Post
    I assume we escape, and something?
    Mmmm, yup

But expect it about tomorrow....blame school, not me
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #482
    Banned

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XX: Because WAAAAGH isnt good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    Mmmm, yup

But expect it about tomorrow....blame school, not me
    DAMN SCHOOL!!!!!

KHANNN!!

3. - Top - End - #483
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xartyve2 View Post
    Randoooommm...
    Whadaya want?
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Randomizer View Post
    Whadaya want?
    Puppies...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

5. - Top - End - #485
    Banned

Whadaya want?
    I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want!

EDIT: Lemming what did you think of the comic.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-03 at 04:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486

In other news, someone should really make an FFF comic that moves the plot. I know I've said this before, but I think it deserves to be said again.
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Colossus in the Playground

I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want!
    Get on with it!
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

8. - Top - End - #488

EDIT: Lemming what did you think of the comic.
    It isn't horribly amazingly awful. I like it
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

9. - Top - End - #489
    Banned

It isn't horribly amazingly awful. I like it
    That's like a compliment.

EDIT: Oooh Ninja text!!
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-03 at 04:52 PM.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Firbolg in the Playground

Get on with it!
    Get on with it!
    Last edited by memnarch; 2009-05-03 at 04:53 PM.
    If you want a OotS style Touhou avatar, send me a request.

Steam name: memnarch. Same avatar.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I got the reference, but you guys obviously didn't get mine.

12. - Top - End - #492

I did, but it's not funny.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by memnarch View Post
    I did, but it's not funny.
    Oh, like yours was.

14. - Top - End - #494

It's just less not funny.

15. - Top - End - #495

Oh, like yours was.
    On the contrary, I found his quite amusing. That's for only giving me 8/10 on the avatar rating thread. :D
    Spoiler
    Show

ABR signature by Darklord Bright.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Ettin in the Playground

I'd make a comic but I'm gonna be kinda busy tomorrow between a date and making another Remember page somewhat sharpish. Plus the next two weeks are very exam-oriented for me.

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

I think toast might work.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

@ Q, I'm going to move to non-canon that last one, for several reasons.

1: Skimmer was working on a comic involving that scene.
    2: It's a fortress, not a shack. That means it's got thick walls intended to withstand siege weapons, you're little chest boxing-glove shouldn't be able to dent it, much less break through. Plus, you shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near the fortress without getting spotted and shot at, alot, with a very large number of very large guns.
    3: I'm pretty sure they were a ways inside the fortress, not right near the wall.
    4: How do you take out an entire squad of elite infantry with one boxing-glove punch? I don't really see how it would be possible to hit more than one of them per punch.
    5: We were going somewhere with the whole Escape plot thingy. Plans had been laid. Not very strict ones mind you, but yeah.
    6: The Dumbo Guns are still there yaknow, as well as all the other machinists in the fortress.
    7: How did you just waltz up to a fortress again? And punch through the walls?
    8: Those spooks didn't die yet, they just slipped off after chasing Xarty and co into the trap.
    9: Is the only non-prime odd number between zero and ten.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #499
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    @ Q, I'm going to move to non-canon that last one, for several reasons.

1: Skimmer was working on a comic involving that scene.
    2: It's a fortress, not a shack. That means it's got thick walls intended to withstand siege weapons, you're little chest boxing-glove shouldn't be able to dent it, much less break through. Plus, you shouldn't have been able to get anywhere near the fortress without getting spotted and shot at, alot, with a very large number of very large guns.
    3: I'm pretty sure they were a ways inside the fortress, not right near the wall.
    4: How do you take out an entire squad of elite infantry with one boxing-glove punch? I don't really see how it would be possible to hit more than one of them per punch.
    5: We were going somewhere with the whole Escape plot thingy. Plans had been laid. Not very strict ones mind you, but yeah.
    6: The Dumbo Guns are still there yaknow, as well as all the other machinists in the fortress.
    7: How did you just waltz up to a fortress again? And punch through the walls?
    8: Those spooks didn't die yet, they just slipped off after chasing Xarty and co into the trap.
    9: Is the only non-prime odd number between zero and ten.
    Buzza wha? We have a plot. I was just going to Explosion Array the lot of them leading to Xavik having to take things into his own hands.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

@ Q, I'm going to move to non-canon that last one, for several reasons

My counter point for all of those is: Giant Super-Powered Boxing Glove.

But whatever you say, Mad Mask.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Buzza wha? We have a plot. I was just going to Explosion Array the lot of them leading to Xavik having to take things into his own hands.
    Which would have made more sense than Shadesworth being able to walk up to the fortress and punch through the wall. And by "plan" I meant we had agreed Xavik would show up personally before they escaped. Okay, that's more of an intent than a Plan, so I'll conceed that point, but I stand strong on my others.

@Q: How does Super-powered boxing glove explain his ability to get to the fortress itself without being shot. Or to find them within the fortress, or to take out the entire elite squad with one punch.

And even if you ignore all the ways your comic dosn't make sense, you still have to contend with the fact that Skimmer said she was doing a comic involving that scene. so yeah.

And I still have trouble imagianing a boxing-glove that can break through a fortress wall.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #502
    Troll in the Playground

@Q: How does Super-powered boxing glove explain his ability to get to the fortress itself without being shot. Or to find them within the fortress, or to take out the entire elite squad with one punch.

And even if you ignore all the ways your comic dosn't make sense, you still have to contend with the fact that Skimmer said she was doing a comic involving that scene. so yeah.

And I still have trouble imagianing a boxing-glove that can break through a fortress wall.
    His super giant punching glove is called super for a reson. It can blast away entire armies and deflect bullets.

As for finding the place, I ignored that because saying that it's unfindable is stupid. They followed the people etting kidnapped! I wanted my character to join the action, whose you to say he can't?

But I suppose I must respect Skimmer. My comic is non-canon for that.

You all and your "logic". *spits angerly*
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2009-05-03 at 07:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

His super giant punching glove is called super for a reson. It can blast away entire armies and deflect bullets.

As for finding the place, I ignored that because saying that it's unfindable is stupid. They followed the people etting kidnapped! I wanted my character to join the action, whose you to say he can't?

But I suppose I must respect Skimmer. My comic is non-canon for that.

You all and your "logic". *spits angerly*
    Well, the fortress itself would be incrediably easy to find. It's not like you can hide a giant structure that's spewing smoke from smokestacks. I meant finding them within the fortress. And I have no objection to you joining the action, I have objection to you joining, and ending, it in one go by taking out the entire elite squad with a boxing glove that makes you unbeatable, then leading Xarty and co outside.

For example, had Shadesworth snuck up to the fortress, infiltrated it, and popped out of an air duct or something, boxing-gloved an elite squaddie or a spook or something, starting a fight scene, I wouldn't have minded at all. Heck, even if you took out the entire elite squad, I could just have some more run up to keep the action going. But by smashing the entire squad and leading them out, you've essentially ended the action.
    Now, I'm not trying to write your own comics for you, but that would have been, in my opinion, a better way to "Join the action".

Actually, you're current comic could work fine if you just declare the last panel non-canon. We just say you infiltrated the fortress VIA convinently sized air ducts or something, heard Xarty's voice through the wall, and punched your way into the main corridor to help. All we have to do is say Shadesworth is somewhat stealthy, and all my above complaints vanish into puffs of irrelevance. Turning what was an unstoppable Juggernaut deus-ex-machina into a stealthy dynamic entry to lend a hand. That would have had the added benefit of not-messing up Skimmers comic, as she specified "don't mess with the dumbo guns", apparently not minding if the elites get beat up.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-05-03 at 08:04 PM.
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #504
    Banned

And besides I wanted to Explosion Array some foot soldiers to emphasize how bad X2 is.

If he had a theme song, it would be "Bad" from Michael Jackson only without the creepy "Your butt is mine" lyric.
    Last edited by X2; 2009-05-03 at 09:00 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Orc in the Playground

I object for 2 reasons to the_q's comic..

1. Lynn would never be intentionally in the front line (there's a reason she's staying between the big robot-suited Brain and X2)

2. She'd never admit they're done for. She has to take care of X2's ego after all (and encourage him to attack so she can conveniently escape while the enemy is distracted).

26. - Top - End - #506
    Bugbear in the Playground

If it helps, I can pretty much work even with Qs comic. I think I just asked for not involving dumbo guns scene which he did.......so no problem with me
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Banned

Okay, Lawrence calling Tjal Private in my last comic got me thinking, I think we all need a rank. So any objections to this heirachy? From highest to lowest (although Civilian is a special case)

Major - Only X2, Brain and Damien (being the founders and all)
    Colonel - Katya and Skimmer (yay for gender equality. Well Katya gets in so high for being Home Base's caretaker)
    Lieutenant - Moss Agat, Falgorn (yep)
    Commander - Shadesworth, Lawrence, Digger Deb (lowest command rank)
    Private - Tjal, Howl, Albino
    Cadet - Redshirts and security guards (NPCs exclusively, lowest official rank)
    Civilian - Chang, Grafty, Lynn, Socks (either the best or the worst. Example: Chang and Grafty being rich investors get a lot of power in Home Base whereas Lynn and Socks being outsiders get fairly low privilidges)

28. - Top - End - #508
    Ogre in the Playground

Colonel - Katya and Skimmer
    I now request codec communication

29. - Top - End - #509
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Darklord Bright View Post
    I now request codec communication
    'splain! filler filler filler!!!!

30. - Top - End - #510
    Ogre in the Playground

'splain! filler filler filler!!!!
    In Metal Gear Solid, Snake communicates primarily through lengthy Codec-communication with his superiors and other characters. In the first game and most of the second, the primary superior was colonel campbell, refferred to simply as "Colonel!".

(Just look it up on youtube. Lord knows how many hours these must take up.)
    Last edited by Darklord Bright; 2009-05-04 at 02:01 AM.