New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 59 FirstFirst ... 20353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1747
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

From the looks of things, Both James and Talia Ins is going to have at least one of Them with him at all times in order to keep him in line, make sure they're saying the right things in public. Not counting of course Their influence in the speechwriting teams.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Squark View Post
    Errr...

For... Plot-moving-forward reasons

Although, if it comes down to it, I could have Ins arrange the explosion himself, since he's...

Well, I geuss there's no point in hiding it, since you're going to start speculating as soon as the reveal is done-

Here's a transcript of the conversation with MM, spoilered for length.

Spoiler
    Show

Again, I don't think Ins would have a problem with that

My plan is to introduce the characters here, with Ins either seizing an opportunity, or creating one, and adopting them when they're around age 8.
    Chaos, I love those kind of characters I am so planning on something similar (except he got away and it's a different thing he was used for) when one of my characters die.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

I wanted a pipe bomb or something similar, so I'll use Chriky...

Is your avatar the way you want to look in the comic? If not, I'll need a different image to base the drawing off of.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    From the looks of things, Both James and Talia Ins is going to have at least one of Them with him at all times in order to keep him in line, make sure they're saying the right things in public. Not counting of course Their influence in the speechwriting teams.
    I'm a bit confused about what you mean here. I thought it was kind of clear that the sovice nanites (in my original plan, I wanted Ins to have replaced their souls with sovice essences, in the same method that Ins was born), but if not, now you know.

5. - Top - End - #1325
    Ogre in the Playground

My plan is to introduce the characters here, with Ins either seizing an opportunity, or creating one, and adopting them when they're around age 8.
    Oh man, why do the evil children have to be on the side I'm in? ._.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Mask View Post
    I'm going to twirl my moustache and laugh villainously. Mwahahahahahaha !

Seriously, his argument would be valid if not for the fact that I intend FI to be "sandbox-style", with the characters able to travel anywhere any time as long as it makes sense.

Here are the rules to FI (may change):
    • Your character must be appropriate, setting-wise and be fair to the rest of the cast (no overpowered weapons or abilities). All characters must come from Avbaroy and related grounds.
    • Your actions must respect the setting and use common sense. So if you are with the Resistance, you do not have access to heavy weapons or massive armies. MacGuffins cannot be pulled out of a hat, either.
    • You can't force another participant's character to make any decision. If you want to go on a mission, ask their permission to bring their characters with you.
    • Whenever you enter a battle, you must accept that your character may die. After all, there's no element of risk if every body stays alive. However, you can only kill a given character if he has accepted to come in dangerous terrain*.

*Dangerous terrain is any area that is either openly contested between the ALF and the UNA or unoccupied by the same factions.
    Those rules are pretty much the same for FFF and every other plot, that’s not what I’m concerned about. What I am concerned about is all this preparation and planning that’s gone into it. We pretty much have the whole thing planned out in advance to the point where nothing interesting or surprising can happen, at least not to the extent of FFF. It seems to me that it’s just gonna be full of information and text blocks with little humour and the random fun early FFF had. Don’t get me wrong, FI is a great idea, but it’s too planned out and made us all forget or get bored with FFF because of the anticipation for FI. So we rushed the final battle with Threeshades which was a huge anti-climax and we’re about to go into something which is probably not going to be anywhere near as fun as early FFF. Which is a shame because it had a lot of potential.

Everyone who was around between ABR I and ABR IV, compare what it was like then to what it is now and tell me which one was better.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2009-08-02 at 03:21 PM.

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Avatar Battle Royale Discussion Thread XXIV: What is this "Haste" you speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by Fayte Graydon View Post
    Well surely the UNA would more likely take prisoners?
    And ALF would run XD
    But yeah... you cant just kill another character off... its not fair seing as you could do it without them having a chance... and that would make sniper characters over powered as their nicely out of harms way...
    Maybe just have a 3rd party taking the wounded to heal them? a secret society of clerics?
    Or just agree on a battle outcome with the person who might kill you.
    (also... no taking advantage of Fayte's blindness and retirement in the middle of nowhere!)
    Try reading manga, sniping never goes that easy (to use a realistic example the person shot at might have magical defences that either discovers the sniper or save his life and thus the sniper now have to fight someone likely a lot better at close to mid range combat than him)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Barbarian in the Playground

The Citadel incident...
    You have piqued my interest.
    Quote Originally Posted by -skimmer- View Post
    I'm sure I saw this exact scene somewhere.....

Come on! It's the Führer! He always wins!
    And I don't think anyone is going to be making a Homunculus.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemming View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't resist!
    FFF
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... When...

O,,o

Lemming is a god. You win three internets and a live chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy Days Falgorn View Post
    Well, here you go. Two respect points and a coupon for free cow tongue. Go nuts.

...Is that so?
    -Nobunaga Oda

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ogre in the Playground

@Squark: Will you use the "sovice nanites injection + brainwashing" method or the "reproduce the circumstances that lead to Ins' creation" method ?

In my opinion, the latter is a bit too unreliable and expensive, since it happened as a result of resurrection spell cast by a chicken who accidentally brought back the wrong soul. And brainwashing would be a lot more sinister, since otherwise the child would be enjoying an eternity in the Afterlife.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2009-08-02 at 03:21 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

By the time of FI, they'll be in their late twenties, and high placed government officials (James being the equivalent of the head of Homeland Security, and Talia being the equivalent of the Speaker of the House*)

*For those of you not familiar with American government... Look it up on Wikipedia...

EDIT: You've managed to convince me to go with the nanites, method. This being said, the nanites will have some degree of modification on them, to make them more loyal to Ins.

Also, The Citadel Incident was when I joined ABR... I blew up the citadel (non-canonically), was the only one with a weapon that could even scratch Mecha-Nightwing's armor, and Tryed to have one of my NPC's take over Nameless's job.

Essentially, that incident has become the textbook example of Godmodding in ABR.
    Last edited by Squark; 2009-08-02 at 03:24 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I'm a bit confused about what you mean here. I thought it was kind of clear that the sovice nanites (in my original plan, I wanted Ins to have replaced their souls with sovice essences, in the same method that Ins was born), but if not, now you know.
    It's not their souls I'm talking about, it's their mouths. Grandfather treats public opinion like some giant game of solitaire, so any major political figures need to be saying the right stuff. It's not so much they wouldn't want to say the right stuff, it's that they wouldn't know what to say, hence the handlers from Them.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    Those rules are pretty much the same for FFF and every other plot, that’s not what I’m concerned about. What I am concerned about is all this preparation and planning that’s gone into it. We pretty much have the whole thing planned out in advance to the point where nothing interesting or surprising can happen, at least not to the extent of FFF. It seems to me that it’s just gonna be full of information and text blocks with little humour and the random fun early FFF had. Don’t get me wrong, FI is a great idea, but it’s too planned out and made us all forget or get bored with FFF because of the anticipation for FI. So we rushed the final battle with Threeshades which was a huge anti-climax and we’re about to go into something which is probably not going to be anywhere near as fun as early FFF. Which is a shame because it had a lot of potential.

Everyone who was around between ABR I and ABR IV, compare what it was like then to what it is now and tell me which one was better.
    When did people start planning the stuff about FI ? I said it was supposed to be sandbox-style a while ago.

To anyone who planned anything about what's going to happen in FI: there's a good chance your plans are going to be ruined, since FI is not linear and the Status Quo will change as a result of other peoples' actions.

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

@Squark: Will you use the "sovice nanites injection + brainwashing" method or the "reproduce the circumstances that lead to Ins' creation" method ?

In my opinion, the latter is a bit too unreliable and expensive, since it happened as a result of resurrection spell cast by a chicken who accidentally brought back the wrong soul. And brainwashing would be a lot more sinister, since otherwise the child would be enjoying an eternity in the Afterlife.
    What about doing the same as in the Black Cat manga ("Eve, go play with him" *"him" is killed by the little girl*) it seems more evil to me (basically they are teached to think it's okay and/or see their creator as their parent and will do anything for them)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

14. - Top - End - #1334
    Barbarian in the Playground

I wanted a pipe bomb or something similar, so I'll use Chriky...

Is your avatar the way you want to look in the comic? If not, I'll need a different image to base the drawing off of.
    I want him to look more like this.

The avatar is just a piped up version of Chriky from FFF. Also Chriky has to seem dangerous but quite sofisticated as well because I want him to have grown up a bit since FFF.
    Awsome avvie by Fayt
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    *vows never to be a jerk again*
    The Fire Within:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Oh... Since the Sovice do have a collective consciousness, and the nanites within James and Talia are modified to better serve Ins, that won't be any problem.

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ettin in the Playground

EDIT: You've managed to convince me to go with the nanites, method. This being said, the nanites will have some degree of modification on them, to make them more loyal to Ins.
    They shouldn't need any, since Ins is the highest-ranking active Sovice intelligence on Avbaroy.

They may become a liability of the NSE decides to get forceful though.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

But the reproduce thing might show far more useful results (they would be cut from the other sovices and if Ins is lucky they can be reconnected to him and he could become immortal by using this method to have countless bodies at the same time, it doesn't need to have worked but it would have been worth a try for him)
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Oh... Since the Sovice do have a collective consciousness, and the nanites within James and Talia are modified to better serve Ins, that won't be any problem.
    Okay. In that case, Grandfather will just tell Ins, or some other sovice, what he needs them to say, and let the collective consciousness handle the rest.
    [/Center]

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Grandfather?

I'm a bit behind on some of FI, could MM expand and update the FI character list, probably with help form the rest of us?

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

When did people start planning the stuff about FI ? I said it was supposed to be sandbox-style a while ago.

To anyone who planned anything about what's going to happen in FI: there's a good chance your plans are going to be ruined, since FI is not linear and the Status Quo will change as a result of other peoples' actions.
    I would like to direct you to several threads of FI-related discussion.

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Grandfather?

I'm a bit behind on some of FI, could MM expand and update the FI character list, probably with help form the rest of us?
    Grandfather is my UNA character. He is Their leader.
    Last edited by BRC; 2009-08-02 at 03:38 PM.
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Grandfather?

Leader of Them, the UNA propaganda people, they also publish a magazine with the Truth but known to be an un-serious joke thus no-one believes you if you told them what the UNA are doing.

EDIT:
    Ninjaed
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-08-02 at 03:41 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Ogre in the Playground

... You know... i think that FI should be like... completely made up on the spot... Like my comics story lines were =D
    Speaking of which... *looks at time* Meh... i'll finish it tomorrow...
    I'm technically but I refuse to admit it!
    Dawn of Yesterday (Resuming now!)
    Currently Developing the "PASSIVE™" RPG system
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Deth Muncher View Post
    +1 to Fay being awesome, causing nosebleeds and etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.
    I'm an Artist!, If you want an Avatar just PM me your specifics - Avatar by Me!

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

... You know... i think that FI should be like... completely made up on the spot... Like my comics story lines were =D
    Speaking of which... *looks at time* Meh... i'll finish it tomorrow...
    Wasn't that what Mad meant with the sandbox stuff.

*looks at time too* I never thought that would happen, poor Xarty Secret Smalltongue smiley: :P
    Last edited by Mina Kobold; 2009-08-02 at 04:26 PM.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keveak View Post
    Wasn't that what Mad meant with the sandbox stuff.

*looks at time too* I never thought that would happen, poor Xarty Secret Smalltongue smiley: :P
    Probabbly... Its getting late and i havnt slept propperly in days...
    What does the UNA uniform look like?
    Anyone drawn a high ranking one? (needs a reasonably high ranking looking one for Character design...)
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    If Fay Graydon is visible to a male target, she deals d6 Nosebleed Damage per turn.

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Ogre in the Playground

Depends on the branch they're in.
    Anyone drawn a high ranking one?
    Yes, most high ranking positions have already had their incumbents drawn.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Ogre in the Playground

Probabbly... Its getting late and i havnt slept propperly in days...
    Anyone drawn a high ranking one? (needs a reasonably high ranking looking one for Character design...)
    *digs around computer*
    I think the blue and gold jacket is the only real trademark of a non-navy officer.
    Linkified

I should really update that.. I hate how his head turned out.

Edit - Bah, the file seems to be kaput. Gonna have to figure something out.
    Last edited by Tiffanie Lirle; 2009-08-02 at 04:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Depends on the branch they're in.

Yes, most high ranking positions have already had their incumbents drawn.
    Dang... well that sucks!
    What about a Tactical sorta role? Maybe a front line battle tactician?
    Got a sorta Uniform for that?
    Also whats the basic colour scheme?

EDIT:
    @Tiff:
    Hmmm says the image cant be shown...
    Last edited by Fay Graydon; 2009-08-02 at 04:37 PM.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie Lirle View Post
    *digs around computer*
    I think the blue and gold jacket is the only real trademark of a non-navy officer.
    The trim varies depending on rank. Lyle has a gold trim as he's UNIA's Director of Internal Affairs, his immediate superior has a white trim, and the Director of External Affairs has a silver trim.

Dang... well that sucks!
    You'd want to be a Peacekeeper if you want to be on the front line. They wear camo in combat situations, and grey longcoats for general duty, along with a blue helmet with the sovice logo.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Dang... well that sucks!

EDIT:
    @Tiff:
    Hmmm says the image cant be shown...
    There's the navy uniforms, the peacekeeper uniforms and several others but I don't think they work like that (your role in the squad is not important if you understand) the fronline tacticians could be in any of the branches.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.