New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2035363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,350 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1321
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play: MSPaint Adventure: GenGame!

Quote Originally Posted by AgentPaper View Post
    Wait a second. Did it just...why isn't it dead? How rude!
    >SM:Try the easy fix and hit it again.
    Last edited by Bucky; 2010-10-10 at 10:18 PM.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Ettin in the Playground

> SM: Try the easy fix and hit it again.

Huh. Still not dead.

Really, you'd think a minor minion like this would at least have the decency to fall down to a stiff breeze. I mean, what does it think it is, a mid-rank crony?

> SM: Quickly use SIDEWINDER SIDESTRIKE to take him out and keep up your rhythm!
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-10-11 at 06:12 AM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

3. - Top - End - #1323
    Ettin in the Playground

> SM: Quickly use SIDEWINDER SIDESTRIKE to take him out and keep up your rhythm!

There we go. Third time's the charm! Or, sixth time, as is the case. Anyways it's dead now, so no need to worry.

> SM: first, notice oncoming malefactors. Then, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!
    Last edited by AgentPaper; 2010-10-19 at 04:10 PM.
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Barbarian in the Playground

>BH: Get Bored and INVENT CALCULUS
    Hoc Dictum Videtur Esse Melius In Latine.
    This Motto Sounds Better In Latin.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.
    Nolite Hamena Machinae Timere, Nam Iusta Erunt.
    Do Not Fear The Reign Of Machines, For They Shall Be Just.

5. - Top - End - #1325

Those shadowbears are getting closer! Start aiming for two or three at a time to build up rhythm.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

The Sacred Flame must have been weakening the Shadowbears, we'd better avoid combat until we get it back. We can take one shadowbear easily enough, but I don't want us getting swarmed.

Proceed through that door and head upstairs! If you find lone shadowbears, use Springing Strike to take them out in order to keep up your Rhythm, but avoid being swarmed.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-10-11 at 10:16 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Proceed through that door and head upstairs! If you find lone shadowbears, use Springing Strike to take them out in order to keep up your Rhythm, but avoid being swarmed.
    This! 67890
    Demilich avatar by Smuchmuch. Thank you VERY much!

Old Extended Signature, last updated in 2012
    Awright, Supagoof, that's just awesome. Thanks!
    Spoiler
    Show

Infernal avatar by Savana. Thanks!

Nude version by SmuchMuch.

8. - Top - End - #1328
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

For the record, we need to keep our Rythm up so that, when we find that runed shadowbear, we can take it out with Dance of a Thousand Cuts.
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

9. - Top - End - #1329

For the record, we need to keep our Rythm up so that, when we find that runed shadowbear, we can take it out with Dance of a Thousand Cuts.
    Dance of a Thousand Cuts is for Mook Armies, IIRC. If you have a single enemy, you'd want Phoenix Style: Blades of Beauty, though my melee class knowledge is rusty.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    Dance of a Thousand Cuts is for Mook Armies, IIRC. If you have a single enemy, you'd want Phoenix Style: Blades of Beauty, though my melee class knowledge is rusty.
    You're confusing "Dance of a Thousand Cuts" with it's sister ability "Warriors Waltz". Each uses your Rhythm score to grant you lots of attacks, however "Dance" uses your Rhythm score to determine the number of attacks you get on a single target, hence the name. "Waltz" deals the same damage to each target, but uses your Rhythm score to determine the number of targets.
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-10-11 at 11:49 AM.
    [/Center]

11. - Top - End - #1331

But doesn't the Runed Shadowbear have high Soak? Multiple attacks wouldn't be good on it, so Phoenix Style: Blades of Beauty would be better, unless it has high evade.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by HypoSoc View Post
    But doesn't the Runed Shadowbear have high Soak? Multiple attacks wouldn't be good on it, so Phoenix Style: Blades of Beauty would be better, unless it has high evade.
    Yes,but it's also a caster. Dance of a Thousand Cuts has almost no warmup time, and, since it involves lots of attacks, works very well for locking down casters by interrupting their casting. Blades of Beauty has a few seconds of warmup and dosn't interrupt nearly as well. It also ends with your back to the enemy, so if the Runed Shadowbear isn't knocked down, killed, or staggered, it will have a chance to hit us with a Swipecast before we can turn around again.

And finally, we're building up a decent rhythm here, we might as well put it to good use.
    [/Center]

13. - Top - End - #1333
    Ogre in the Playground

It's obviously got a pretty good counter skill, and enough magic to swipecast as a counter.
    Three skills are for sure high: soak, counter, and magic.
    The last two must be over 15 each, just to do what it did.

the "pheonix style: Blades of beauty" maneuver IS useful against high soak, but if going up against a high counter...
    You'd be hit hard enough to knock your teeth out through your nose.
    And if going up against high magic, that self-same maneuver would channel energy along the blade in a backfire to send you to the high heavens.
    I can only imagine what would happen against BOTH a high counter AND magic.

No, I recommend Hidden Panda, Flying Monkey. It uses a pitifully weak attack to provoke a counter, and then uses the opponents own counter against him, which, by itself, is able to take out most mooks, and even many mid-rank cronies. His high magic will cause him to use a spell in his counter, bypassing his soak altogether.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1334

Yes,but it's also a caster. Dance of a Thousand Cuts has almost no warmup time, and, since it involves lots of attacks, works very well for locking down casters by interrupting their casting. Blades of Beauty has a few seconds of warmup and dosn't interrupt nearly as well. It also ends with your back to the enemy, so if the Runed Shadowbear isn't knocked down, killed, or staggered, it will have a chance to hit us with a Swipecast before we can turn around again.
    Maybe she has Flash of Awe? If so, she just uses that, while warming up as a secondary. Flash of Awe will effectively interrupt spell-casting to get in the Phoenix Style: Blades of Beauty. It'll be weaker, but if the rhythm is high enough, it'll overcome the soak and wipe it out anyways. Also, she might have Blindside Maneuver, negating the back-attack bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    No, I recommend Hidden Panda, Flying Monkey. It uses a pitifully weak attack to provoke a counter, and then uses the opponents own counter against him, which, by itself, is able to take out most mooks, and even many mid-rank cronies. His high magic will cause him to use a spell in his counter, bypassing his soak altogether.

Don't Runed Shadowbears have high Int? The AI will have it cast a Deflexive Shield in counter, and your Hidden Panda, Flying Monkey will just be countered repetitively. Deflexive Shield, IIRC, gets stronger with more force against it, while Hidden Panda, Flying Monkey has a limit, so it will backfire. Deflexive Shield is only a lvl 6 generic spell, so it is reasonable to assume it has it.
    Last edited by HypoSoc; 2010-10-11 at 12:52 PM.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

>SM: first: notice oncoming malefactors. Then; RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Told you we should have lit that sacred sword man! It wouldn’t have taken much! Just a small flame from the lantern! a little oil would have made up for the loss!
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1336
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, yes. Deflexive shield. Gawd, how I hate deflexive shield.

What if we used Lockdown Leap first? Very much an anti-caster maneuver, and it's classified as general anyways.
    It can both interrupt casting, and keep them from casting spells above the third generic level for a duration. non-generic spells may be prevented earlier or later, depending on the spell group. But this will definitely prevent deflexive shield.
    As a bonus, using it boosts rhythm pretty well, and will ensure the ability to use hidden panda, flying monkey. If we used flash of awe, it wouldn't be able to cast any spells, therefore not using spells like Trifractive Prison, which the AI would be forced to use in a Lockdown leap/Hidden Panda, Flying monkey combo. Under normal circumstances, we'd be utterly afraid of Trifractive Prison, but after our combo, we'd be able to whittle down the shadowbear at our leisure.

I'll admit Flash of Awe/Phoenix Style: Blades of beauty is useful, but leaves the shadowbear capable of physical attacks still, and our back is Still to the enemy.

However, the three-move combo Lockdown leap/hidden panda, flying monkey/phoenix style: blades of beauty, using both strategies, can even take down bosses such as the Superswarm Megaprawn Boss, which has been voted as the hardest boss without expansions. Expansion bosses, though... *shudder*

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1337

You have exceeded my minute melee-based knowledge.

As a Biomancer, I just let shadowfleas do my will.
    Cadimus Concordia.
    United We Fall.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Ettin in the Playground

> SM: first, notice oncoming malefactors. Then, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!!!

Ok, you are aware of them and their attempt to do evildarkbad things to you. Now to get to part two of the plan.

> ==>
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2010-10-12 at 09:25 AM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Ettin in the Playground

> ==>

You abscond southwards, escaping potential molestation. Hopefully you didn't run into a dead end.

> SM: TEASE the shadowbears staring at you from the other side of the door
    Last edited by Domochevsky; 2010-10-14 at 07:17 PM.
    Mah Badges!
    Spoiler
    Show

Hey, check out my site. (It has interactive comics, stories and coding efforts.)

20. - Top - End - #1340
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Ah, yes. Deflexive shield. Gawd, how I hate deflexive shield.

What if we used Lockdown Leap first? Very much an anti-caster maneuver, and it's classified as general anyways.
    It can both interrupt casting, and keep them from casting spells above the third generic level for a duration. non-generic spells may be prevented earlier or later, depending on the spell group. But this will definitely prevent deflexive shield.
    As a bonus, using it boosts rhythm pretty well, and will ensure the ability to use hidden panda, flying monkey. If we used flash of awe, it wouldn't be able to cast any spells, therefore not using spells like Trifractive Prison, which the AI would be forced to use in a Lockdown leap/Hidden Panda, Flying monkey combo. Under normal circumstances, we'd be utterly afraid of Trifractive Prison, but after our combo, we'd be able to whittle down the shadowbear at our leisure.

I'll admit Flash of Awe/Phoenix Style: Blades of beauty is useful, but leaves the shadowbear capable of physical attacks still, and our back is Still to the enemy.

However, the three-move combo Lockdown leap/hidden panda, flying monkey/phoenix style: blades of beauty, using both strategies, can even take down bosses such as the Superswarm Megaprawn Boss, which has been voted as the hardest boss without expansions. Expansion bosses, though... *shudder*
    I don't know, I tend not to play Melee classes, but I have a friend who loves them (He got to third in a Silver League Gentourney with a Blademaster). We frequently partner up (Minotaur Style focused blademasters+ Telekings make a devastating combo). He always cautions against using Phoenix Style moves to open a fight, since they tend to leave you exposed afterwards. They make great finishers though.

Say, since Pheonix Style dosn't burn our Rhythm too much, we might be able to chain Lockdown Leap (To break his spellcasting and give our Rythym a little boost)-> Dance of a Thousand Cuts (Knock off a chunk of his HP, lockdown his casting even more, deal some damage he can't Counter, stagger him)-> Pheonix Style: Blades of Beauty (Finish him off)

also: >Proceed down the hall
    Last edited by BRC; 2010-10-12 at 10:59 AM.
    [/Center]

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Colossus in the Playground

>END: Die.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Orc in the Playground

SM: Die Schwarze Sonne.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, task mage

STFUitP

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Troll in the Playground

>SM: Gesundheit!
    Truth resists simplicity.

24. - Top - End - #1344
    Dwarf in the Playground

SM: Check if you're feeling hungry

25. - Top - End - #1345
    Ogre in the Playground

Examine the DARKENED RUNES on the ground, then ACTIVATE them

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

have BH appear for some inexplicable reason then get pissed at the fact that SM has leveled up so much in her absence atracting the the attention of the bears who quickly suround the two only to be saved by some immposible fire breathing contraption created by MG
    this turned out longer than i thought it would.

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Troll in the Playground

> SM: Search for SECRET DOORS.
    Imagine if all real-world conversations were like internet D&D conversations...
    Protip: DnD is an incredibly social game played by some of the most socially inept people on the planet - Lev
    I read this somewhere and I stick to it: "I would rather play a bad system with my friends than a great system with nobody". - Trevlac
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelb_Panthera View Post
    That said, trolling is entirely counterproductive (yes, even when it's hilarious).

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Domochevsky View Post
    You abscond southwards, escaping potential molestation. Hopefully you didn't run into a dead end.
    Escape? No, that was just for loading zone abuse.

>SM:Use Swan Strike for free damage on whatever's on the other side of the doorway.
    The gnomes once had many mines, but now they have gnome ore.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Orc in the Playground

>Use the doorway to fight the enemies one by one.
    I'm not an English native speaker. If you find any mistake, please PM me.

Spoiler
    Show

(Dream & Matthew by kpenguin)

(Sharlaq by Soterion)

Check our Worldbuilding Project and Worldbuilding Project's Language Thread.

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Titan in the Playground

>SM: Examine fourth wall

>SM: peek into the doors to the west, one of them leads back to the RUNED SHADOWBEAR room right?

>SM: TEASE the shadowbears staring at you from the other side of the door
    Last edited by Draconi Redfir; 2010-10-12 at 03:25 PM.
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show