New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1474
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Disney Animated Canon.
    The films released under the Touchstone label.
    Pixar.
    Ever. This is everything they've released that can be classed as a film. I don't really count the Ghibli dubs as a separate category because all they're doing is translating/adapting an existing script.
    Also because Ghibli gets its own category. The category is: Best Ghibli Film Ever (Dubbed or Subbed).
    Damn, this is hard.

Animated: Mulan or Tarzan. Maybe BB.
    Pixar: Cars or Toy Story.
    Ever: Can't.
    Ghibli: Castle in the Sky or Kiki's Delivery Service.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: KuReshtin's Vociferously Ruminating Harbinger of Random Banter - #147

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Beauty and the Beast.

No question. Is AWESOME. <3
    It's in my top ten, maybe the top five.
    The music is grand, the story is simple yet complex, with a powerful three act structure and the story is all about character development.
    It is awesome.
    And that is why it was the first animated film to be nominated for the Best Oscar.

Mulan is 3 in my top 3 female disney heroes. (2 being Belle, 1 being Jasmine)
    I'd agree with Belle, she's smart and compassionate; I don't know about Iasmine.
    She'd maybe be third.
    Ah! But what if we expanded it to Top Three Disney Females? Because that's a whole new barrel of worms.
    Maleficent, Ursula, Madame Min, Lady Tremaine (Cindrillion's Wicked Step-Mother), the original WIcked Step-Mother, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, Cruella de Ville . . .
    All I can say is that Maleficent tops my list easily.

I'll almost certainly accept if I do get an offer, because Oxford looks awesome as well.

And I still don't know if I'll get an interview. All depends on if I do well in the Maths Entrance Exam and if my blasted chemistry teacher predicts me an A.

Picked out a college yet, or are you applying open? And the bias comes in 3, 2, 1: Oxford is frellin' amazing!

I think about 80% of applicants get an interview; it's the most important part of the process. The MAT's important, but realistically?
    Interview
    Results
    MAT
    That's how it goes. If you have an average MAT but an excellent interview, the MAT doesn't impact it. The exam is the tipping point on the scales really.
    If you do get accepted for interview, I could put you in touch with one of my friends whose subiect is closest to yours, so they can talk to you about the interview experience if you like.
    Personally, I'd say that when you get asked to interview, you should relax and enioy it.
    The want to find out what you know, and then push you to find out how you can deal with what you don't know based upon existing knowledge.
    The time you'll be up for interview is fun.
    I can guarantee that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

The music is grand, the story is simple yet complex, with a powerful three act structure and the story is all about character development.
    It is awesome.
    And that is why it was the first animated film to be nominated for the Best Oscar.
    Yeah. I just love it to bits. <3

Although, the one disney movie I don't really group with the others that I adore is Fantasia. That is one epic movie. That I need to rewatch *moves to youtube*.

I'd agree with Belle, she's smart and compassionate; I don't know about Iasmine.
    She'd maybe be third.
    Ah! But what if we expanded it to Top Three Disney Females? Because that's a whole new barrel of worms.
    Maleficent, Ursula, Madame Min, Lady Tremaine (Cindrillion's Wicked Step-Mother), the original WIcked Step-Mother, Flora, Fauna and Merryweather, Cruella de Ville . . .
    Jasmine's verreh intelligent as well as Belle. And in my opinion, is a little more assertive than the other princesses, without being all out like Mulan. And tbh, I prefer the more assertive ones to the wet ones. And while Belle isn't wet at all, Jasmine is a little less wet than her even so.

Picked out a college yet, or are you applying open? And the bias comes in 3, 2, 1: Oxford is frellin' amazing!

I think about 80% of applicants get an interview; it's the most important part of the process. The MAT's important, but realistically?
    Interview
    Results
    MAT
    That's how it goes. If you have an average MAT but an excellent interview, the MAT doesn't impact it. The exam is the tipping point on the scales really.
    If you do get accepted for interview, I could put you in touch with one of my friends whose subiect is closest to yours, so they can talk to you about the interview experience if you like.
    Personally, I'd say that when you get asked to interview, you should relax and enioy it.
    The want to find out what you know, and then push you to find out how you can deal with what you don't know based upon existing knowledge.
    The time you'll be up for interview is fun.
    I can guarantee that.
    Going open. Not sure on which college to apply to (as in, they all look nice D:), and picking one college over another isn't necessarily going to make my chances better or worse, so open.

I'm hoping I get an interview - from what I've been told, it's just like a tutorial, so I'll at least hopefully have learnt something from it when I leave, even if I don't get an offer. ^^
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Troll in the Playground

Wait, are we talking about the best Disney Movies ever made?

Oohh that one's TOUGH. I mean my nature tells me to say "Lion King", but even with everything I loved about it, I can't shake from my mind that it's just Hamlet with Lions. <.<;

Favorite Disney Pixar Movie is definitely Wall-E though. Up was very good, but Wall-E just took Pixar to a whole new level of awesome when it came out.

Hmm...animated Disney Movie...OH! The Secret of NIMH! <3 That movie was-er...not made by Disney at all. Darn.

It is awesome.
    *purrs* <3 Oh that movie is beautiful. AND...yup, I think that'll just be my favorite Disney traditional animated movie now. Second favorite is...probably Mulan.

She'd maybe be third.
    Maleficent is a DELIGHTFUL villainess. I mean, she basically destroys an entire kingdom and seeks to ruin all hope of happiness for one man just out of spite. And she has my favorite Disney Quote ever.

Spoiler
    Show

Now you shall face ME!

And all the powers...

of HELL!

So very awesome.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

My mom DIDN'T like Up. She needs help.
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2010-09-20 at 03:55 PM.

6. - Top - End - #1236

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    My mom DIDN'T like Up. She needs help.
    Knew a guy on another forum who looked almost exactly like the dude from Up. Not seen it myself so I don't know his name. The boy.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Troll in the Playground

The boy's name is Russell.

Also, I think I remember my grandmother saying she didn't like it either. I can't remember why though. Maybe it's just a generational thing?
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    Knew a guy on another forum who looked almost exactly like the dude from Up. Not seen it myself so I don't know his name. The boy.
    That's interesting and all, but how are those things related?

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Bugbear in the Playground

That's interesting and all, but how are those things related?
    By appearance, I presume.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    By appearance, I presume.

Are you insulting my mother?

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

I don't believe he was.

12. - Top - End - #1242

No. The last time I checked, your mother was not the Disney film Up.

13. - Top - End - #1243

This is officially the best thing I've read all microfortnight.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

14. - Top - End - #1244

Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    This is officially the best thing I've read all microfortnight.
    It could only be secondary to your posts.

15. - Top - End - #1245

Yeah. I just love it to bits. <3

Although, the one disney movie I don't really group with the others that I adore is Fantasia. That is one epic movie. That I need to rewatch *moves to youtube*.
    Oooh! I love Fantasia, but I still haven't seen it all the way through yet.
    I too shall relocate to YouTube and watch it through in its entirety.
    Can't wait for the Night on Bald Mountain/Ave Maria segments.

Jasmine's verreh intelligent as well as Belle. And in my opinion, is a little more assertive than the other princesses, without being all out like Mulan. And tbh, I prefer the more assertive ones to the wet ones. And while Belle isn't wet at all, Jasmine is a little less wet than her even so.
    Definitely out of all the princesses in their Princess range I prefer Belle and Iasmine. I've not actually seen Aladdin in years though for various reasons, so I don't have as firm a grasp on her personality as I do Belle and Mulan. Oh! I like Tiana too.
    As far as wet princesses go, I have a list of them, but now I think about it, most of them could actually do something.
    Except Ariel.
    Ariel Ariel Ariel.
    She's a total wet hen.
    Even Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella could look after themselves and had some sort of common sense even if they ultimately relied on others to save them.
    Think about it, all three were raised deprived of their natural priveleges making Snow White a very capable house keeper, the same goes for Cindrillion - and that would make a good basis for learning queening and govering and running a royal household and a kingdom. And Aurora was happy being a peasant, fell in love with a 'peasant boy' and was absolutely despondent when she found out she was being taken away from the life and family she loved!
    Unlike most princesses who were all: "Oh, one day I shall meet a prince, and I shall love him," Aurora was "I'm happy with my life, and I am attracted to this hunter. What? You lied to me?! I don't want to go, I want to stay here. I'm happy here." I know it's not much, but she at least stood up for herself in her own fashion. By becoming semi-catatonic.

Going open. Not sure on which college to apply to (as in, they all look nice D:), and picking one college over another isn't necessarily going to make my chances better or worse, so open.

I'm hoping I get an interview - from what I've been told, it's just like a tutorial, so I'll at least hopefully have learnt something from it when I leave, even if I don't get an offer. ^^
    That's true. I will say that St. Hilda's is godawfully ugly, resembling nothing more than a mix of secondary and primary school architecture. Keble looks like lego bricks, St. Catz is nice, but very modern.
    New College and Magdalen are extremely pretty, as are Oriel, Christ Church and Merton.
    But Magdalen has its own deer park. Inside college grounds.

And yep. The interview should be about half an hour long (some interviews, particularly for languages, math and Classics have a mini-mini-test before the interview) and with the second one you'll generally get something to analyse, solve or discuss.
    Even if you don't get in, the interview process is well worth applying.

Quote Originally Posted by Introbulus View Post
    Wait, are we talking about the best Disney Movies ever made?

Oohh that one's TOUGH. I mean my nature tells me to say "Lion King", but even with everything I loved about it, I can't shake from my mind that it's just Hamlet with Lions. <.<;
    There's nothing wrong with that. I love The Lion King.
    A shining new era
    Is tiptoeing nearer

And where do we feature?

Iust listen to teacher
    I know it sounds sordid
    But you'll be rewarded
    When at last I am given my dues

Favorite Disney Pixar Movie is definitely Wall-E though. Up was very good, but Wall-E just took Pixar to a whole new level of awesome when it came out.
    Wall-E's lovely, but I have a massive soft spot for Toy Story.

Hmm...animated Disney Movie...OH! The Secret of NIMH! <3 That movie was-er...not made by Disney at all. Darn.
    But it was made by Don Bluth who used to work for Disney. That's a weak enough connection to say that it's Disney.

And some of my favourite Disney films are The Nightmare Before Christmas and WHo Framed Roger Rabbit, and they were released under Touchstone and unofficially not-Disney.

Maleficent is a DELIGHTFUL villainess. I mean, she basically destroys an entire kingdom and seeks to ruin all hope of happiness for one man just out of spite. And she has my favorite Disney Quote ever.

Spoiler
    Show

Now you shall face ME!

And all the powers...

of HELL!

So very awesome.
    It's "ANd now you shall face me O Prince, and all the powers OF HELL!!"
    That entire scene is amazing. It's dark, threatening, Maleficent is invoking teh Satanz and generally beating the heroic prince to a bloody pulp until he's saved by three middle-aged single women.
    I think I can say with ease that Maleficent is the best thing about that film. SHe does everything because of one silly slight; and honestly, you know she'd have done it even if she was invited. Then the art, then the singing and music.

Okay.
    I'm definitely taking it with me to uni.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2010-09-20 at 04:36 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Or is she?

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Orc in the Playground

Or is she?
    I think that this requires...

...a DUN DUN DUUUUUN!
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

Ariel Ariel Ariel.
    She's a total wet hen.
    Yes, the mermaid is all wet. ...Duh!
    "'Intelligence' is really prolific in the world. So is stupidity. So often they occur in the same people." - Phaedra
    Pyrian's LiveJournal

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Wet hen?

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather? Seriously though, WHO?

What strange, blasphemous language is issuing forth from Koorly?
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2010-09-20 at 05:15 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah, but Iasmine the desert princess is hot.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Iasmine is the only hot one. The others are cute.

22. - Top - End - #1252

What would you call your favourite Disney film?
    Well, I love The Lion King. From Pixar I'd say Wall-E. Fantasia may be the one I consider the best, but I don't really count it in the same category as the others, since it's really a whole other thing.
    Also, I've come to realise I haven't seen enough Disney films. I didn't see that many when I was the age they're really aimed at, and then I got to the period of "I'm too old for this." Now I'm mature enough not to care about being immature I'd like to watch some more, but I don't have access to copies of them.

Like I said.

HAMLET AND THE LION KING DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.
    King's brother kills him and ascends to the throne instead of the Prince. The similarities end there. And the reasons for the second part are different, not to mention in Hamlet that all happens before the events of the play.
    The Lion King is. not. Hamlet.

Damn good music. Damn good animation. Night on Bald Mountain is one of the best bits in my opinion.

Ariel Ariel Ariel.
    She's a total wet hen.
    Now I'm imagining Magrat as a mermaid.

And some of my favourite Disney films are The Nightmare Before Christmas and Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and they were released under Touchstone and unofficially not-Disney.
    WFRR? is hilarious. And who doesn't love Nightmare Before Christmas?

Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather? Seriously though, WHO?
    The fairies in Sleeping Beauty?

What strange, blasphemous language is issuing forth from Koorly?
    How can she blaspheme? She's a Goddess!

Iasmine is the only hot one. The others are cute.
    Have you ever looked carefully at Iasmine's proportions? Her eyes are wider than her hips.

ION: And... now I'm worried about Ruddigore.
    Not for myself, my bits are fine. The principals in general are fine. This is why I'm only getting this concern now, because I haven't seen the chorus rehearsing that much, since I'm not in most of their scenes.
    The chorus need more rehearsing. The show is in 2 weeks. No wonder the director's stressed.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Troll in the Playground

It has been awhile...I should pop in our VHS copy and watch the whole thing again.

Definitely out of all the princesses in their Princess range I prefer Belle and Iasmine. I've not actually seen Aladdin in years though for various reasons, so I don't have as firm a grasp on her personality as I do Belle and Mulan. Oh! I like Tiana too.
    Hmm...if I recall correctly, she hates having to marry a suitor that is a blowhard and actively resists, tries to escape her home life and proves pretty capable (if totally naive) on the streets, and resists Jafar, even as he is an all-powerful sorcerer.

Jasmine is pretty awesome, though I think Belle is more believable.

How do you feel about Alice from Wonderland, Koorly?

Ariel Ariel Ariel.
    She's a total wet hen.
    Even Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella could look after themselves and had some sort of common sense even if they ultimately relied on others to save them.
    Ariel really is a bit useless. <.<; Years since I saw the movie though.

There's nothing wrong with that. I love The Lion King.
    A shining new era
    Is tiptoeing nearer

And where do we feature?

Iust listen to teacher
    I know it sounds sordid
    But you'll be rewarded
    When at last I am given my dues
    ...I have to say Koorly...ever time you write "Just" with an I, I replace the I with an L.

#<.<#

But the Lion King is still cool.

Long Live the King....

Wall-E's lovely, but I have a massive soft spot for Toy Story.
    Well, Toy Story was a groundbreaking cinematic masterpiece. I don't blame you.

But it was made by Don Bluth who used to work for Disney. That's a weak enough connection to say that it's Disney.

And some of my favourite Disney films are The Nightmare Before Christmas and WHo Framed Roger Rabbit, and they were released under Touchstone and unofficially not-Disney.
    True...of all of those I think NIMH is still my favorite, and definitely my favorite work by Bluth.

Mrs. Brisby is totally my favorite Disney Princess. :B

It's "ANd now you shall face me O Prince, and all the powers OF HELL!!"
    Darn. Usually I'm the one who remembers quotes word-for-word.

That entire scene is amazing. It's dark, threatening, Maleficent is invoking teh Satanz and generally beating the heroic prince to a bloody pulp until he's saved by three middle-aged single women.
    And then one of them is found with a sign on their bodies, and it reads "I Aien't Ded".

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Yes, the mermaid is all wet. ...Duh!
    Badum-Tish

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    HAMLET AND THE LION KING DO NOT WORK THAT WAY.
    King's brother kills him and ascends to the throne instead of the Prince. The similarities end there. And the reasons for the second part are different, not to mention in Hamlet that all happens before the events of the play.
    The Lion King is. not. Hamlet.
    ....Sowweh.

Now I'm imagining Magrat as a mermaid.
    I KNEW I wasn't the only one!
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-20 at 06:42 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1254

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gah. Do any other playgrounders ever shave and thing they're all clean-shaven only to discover that they'll still got a bit of hair left under the chin?

Or is it just me?

Also, due to a deal with his friend, Malfunctioned will be going to college tomorrow in his fancy bucklely goth shirt.

The friend is wearing a flouncy pirate shirt so we're kinda even for that.
    Last edited by Malfunctioned; 2010-09-20 at 07:22 PM.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post
    Gah. Do any other playgrounders ever shave and thing they're all clean-shaven only to discover that they'll still got a bit of hair left under the chin?

Or is it just me?

Also, due to a deal with his friend, Malfunctioned will be going to college tomorrow in his fancy bucklely goth shirt.

The friend is wearing a flouncy pirate shirt so we're kinda even for that.
    you aint alone. by the beard of zeus nothing annoys me more than finding stubble after i destroyed my beard

also, you just one 200 cool points for that shirt thing
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Troll in the Playground

Or is it just me?
    Happens to me ALL the time. Especially around the neck. :( Which sucks, because I kind of don't want a beard growing down there.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1257

Or is it just me?
    I have the Dr Watson problem - due to the placement of my bathroom window, one side of my face is shaved less expertly than the other.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Darn. Usually I'm the one who remembers quotes word-for-word.
    In this company, you've got serious competition.
    Though not so much for Disney in my case.

And then one of them is found with a sign on their bodies, and it reads "I Aten't Ded".
    Fixed.

Gah. Do any other playgrounders ever shave and think they're all clean-shaven only to discover that they'll still got a bit of hair left under the chin?

Or is it just me?
    Every freakin' time. Until some time this last year.

@^: Kudos for the reference there.
    Last edited by Thufir; 2010-09-20 at 07:38 PM.
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Though I'd drop this article on cars in here as it was pretty interesting.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Banned

Or is it just me?
    AAARRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!! This happens to me all the time! Although it's mainly little bits of hair on the two sides of my lower jawline.