1. - Top - End - #481
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: ITP- Battle for Alarra

Song as old as rhyme.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

Night 10

The Journalist rushed into the Professor's penthouse and slapped down a manilla folder. Out of the envelope slid four photos of a man of interest. I've got some info, Boss. This Otakuryoga guy is the alt of a playgrounder better known as da Goof, A.K.A. Supagoof.

My sources say he's a Careless Baner, Boss. What should we do about him?

The Professor picked up the photos and looked at them closely. Can he be brought over to our side? He could be a great asset to our organization.

I don't think so, Boss. Our insiders say he used to be a cop of a place known as "Old Town". They say he wasn't someone to mess around with.

The Professor frowned. Then send the Parent to rub him out. and he tossed the photos in the fireplace.

The Journalist smiled and nodded his head once. You got it, Boss.

+++++++++++++
    A couple hours later, Otakuryoga is relaxing in his garden, smelling the roses, when a pretty woman walks up. You da Goof?

Shading his eyes, Otaku tries to get a better look at her. Who's asking?

The woman reaches into an inside pocket, giving Otaku a suspicious look, then pulls out a business card. You won a free full-body massage from the Journal of Short Stories and Long.

Otakuryoga looks at the card, then looks up at her. I don't remember entering any contest.

You don't? She picks up the bag that Otaku hadn't realized she'd sat down. Well, I guess you don't want the massage then. And she starts to turn to leave.

Wait! Otaku jumps up. I didn't say that. He tries to take the heavy looking bag from her. I just don't remember it. But I guess.... I must have, right?

And as Otakuryoga leads The Parent into his house, she smiles an almost evil grin.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    Otakuryoga was "rubbed out". He was a Supagoof, the Neutral Careless Baner.

Missed 1 Day

Missed 2 Day

Day 11 Begins
    It lasts for 48 hours.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

Atreyu the Masked LLama I guess?

4. - Top - End - #484
    Dwarf in the Playground

This is what i originally posted last night. Ramsus can confirm as I PM it to him then. I removed it to repost now incase Tasroth had a power-role that wasn't a baddy. Something which has, now, become less likely than when I originally posted it

------------------------------

Until I hear some more I'll put a place holder point on Tasroth.

Since I know him in RL and have talked to him about the game (nothing that couldn't be done over PM) I've been trying to avoid this but I've got a feeling he's a wolf.

He seemed keen to agree with the sanity wagon...

Quote Originally Posted by Tasroth View Post
    Funny thing. I actually suspected Sanity702 for the Day 1 bit a few days ago. So, yeah I agree with this logic.
    ...even cited it's unstoppability as a partial reason for joining the Alarra wagon (I read this as a late-wolf hop on)

Well, not only is this unstoppable, but I agree with the logic. So, Alarra.
    and then his points have flown so far under the radar they're practically sub-terrainian.

I'll go with Zanshin I guess.
    *shrug*

Matt K I guess
    Sanity702.
    Revenge point at otakuryoga, because I can easily believe Thufir missed 2 days of pointing through RL distraction.
    Or possibly Team Fortress 2 :P

Seriously.
    Day 1 Random: Korias
    You think i've quoted too many of his posts...I agree. However, that's actually ALL of his posts. When I saw that i thought why not quote em all since it won't take very long.

He's been keeping a low profile since day 1 and I've seen him do this before when he had a power-role in Classic. I've waited this long because firstly I know him IRL and secondly I wasn't sure he's not a good power-role. I think most have been killed now though.

He still could be a good power role if we have any left but I think the odds of him being a wolf have got to be a little higher by now. Either way I want to hear more from him on the subject...hell on any subject.

I know it's nothing conclusive but since I could die at any time I wanted to raise my suspicions before it was too late.
    ----------------------------------------

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

I'll confirm that you did indeed pm that to me.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I think I can finally get the true professor.

Fleeing Coward used this logic to prove that either Alarra or Murska had a vote boosting ability:

Quote Originally Posted by Fleeing Coward View Post
    OK, time to out the Professor:

Yesterday (Day 7)
    Voted for Korias:
    Gray Mage
    Qwaz
    Otakuryoga
    Haruki
    IP
    Zanshin
    Ramsus
    Szilard

Voted for Gray Mage:
    Alarra
    cd4
    Murska
    Orzel
    mangosta71

Today (Day 8)
    Voted for Zanshin:
    cd4
    Ramsus
    Orzel
    Lady Tialait
    Tasroth
    otakuryoga
    Fleeing Coward
    mangosta71

Voted for Tialait:
    Murska
    Lord Fullbladder
    Eldritch Knight
    Szilard
    Alarra
    Qwaz

Yesterday, without taking into account powers, Korias should have been lynched as he had 3 votes more than Gray Mage. As both "Lex" and "The Professor" votes only count for 3, both of them needed to be on the Gray Mage wagon.

That means the only people that could be "The Professor" or "Lex" are:
    Alarra
    cd4
    Murska
    Orzel
    mangosta71

Today, without taking into account powers, Zanshin should have been lynched as he had 2 more votes however Tialait got lynched. The only way that is possible is if both "The Professor" and "Lex" were on her bandwagon as otherwise, they'd cancel each other out.

Of the five that could have been "The Professor" or "Lex", only Murska and Alarra were on Tialait's bandwagon. That means Murska and Alarra are "Lex" and "The Professor". As IP trusted Murska, I have to assume that he scried Murska day 1 as "Lex" and I'm going to take on face value Murska's claim to me that he's actually "Lex".

That means Alarra must be "The Professor" and has been trying to take herself away from the playground the whole time!
    Now the problem with this was Lex-kat's mistake:

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    I made a mistake Day 7. Somehow I miscounted the votes as 7-7, with Gray Mage reaching 7 first. Korias actually had 8 votes.

Now this completely screws things up, as Gray Mage shouldn't have died, which lead to Lady Tialait dying as well. Which in turn lead to Alarra dying instead of the real Professor.

So, I'm trying to figure out how to make this right, without breaking the game. Suggestions?

I'll give the weekend to discuss this, in thread or PMing the Narrators only, please.
    However using the numbers Lex gave one of the two vote boosters was on the Gray Mage wagon, with Lady Tialait being lynched a vote booster was on her wagon. As we know who was playing Lex-Kat (Sanity702) and was not on either wagon or the counter wagon on those days. We know that this person is the Professor. With the fact that Sanity702 on his own could have caused the Day 1 lynch (25% of 30 = 7.5 rounded down), we don't need to look for the professor there.

So we are left with the fact that Murska is the professor.

With the fact that IP trusted Murska it could easily be that IP was the fool when he scried Murska and Murska decided to string him along and make him think that he was the seer that night.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Titan in the Playground

While I'm open to the possibility Murska might be the professor your reasoning is off. If Murska claimed to be a seer all IP would have to have done was scried him and if he didn't come back as seer/fool he would have known Murska was lying to him.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

I think the vote shenanigans that Lex talked about were because of my role - Supagoof had me as Villager while Lex had me as Lex before they cleared it up.

Dun worry - I've been the GM a bunch of times and the smallest mistakes can get into big problems.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Bugbear in the Playground

This game really should be restarted then (or at least the villagers getting compensated in some way) imo. If Lex made such a mistake, then we lost a proxy and a killer because Zanshin should have been lynched instead of Tialait along with a neutral seer because of the earlier mistake.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-02-17 at 09:44 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Troll in the Playground

Nah, you lost the killer because the killer forgot that "Parent" meant "Beast" in this game.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    Nah, you lost the killer because the killer forgot that "Parent" meant "Beast" in this game.
    Hm?

Anyway, it also indirectly resulted in the death of the Disguiser.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Dwarf in the Playground

To throw my bit of logic in:

I think I can rule out quite a few people of being the Professor. This doesn't mean they aren't wolves, but anyway...

cd4, Haruki-Kun, Lord Fullbladder, and Szilard cannot be the Professor. They all voted for Orzel on Day 5, but since he didn't have a 25% majority, he wasn't lynched. The Professor's boosted vote would have pushed it over 25%, so none of them can be the Professor.

Ramsus was attacked but Baned on Night 6, and is therefore probably a member of Team Villager (unless the wolves talked a baner into protecting one of their own, then attacked him).

And while I cannot back it up, I'm just a villager. I was following the same train of thought as FC about who Lex-kat & the Professor could be, but since I didn't have anyone I was sure I could trust, I kept quiet.

Which leaves:
    Atreyu
    Eldritch Knight
    Murska
    Qwaz

Now, I doubt it's Murska following all the confusion (though that could be exceptional manipulation), and while it could be Atreyu, my money is on EK or Qwaz. I can imagine either of them picking Alarra as part of their team.

Oh yes, and the really bad bit: it's possible that if we don't lynch a wolf today, we lose. If there were 25% wolves to start with, there would be 4-5 left now. It can't be 5, cos we haven't lost yet, but if it's 4...

Anyway, those are my thoughts. I'm not sure who to point at yet, I need a bit more time to consider. I just wanted to put all that out there.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

13. - Top - End - #493

This game really should be restarted then (or at least the villagers getting compensated in some way) imo. If Lex made such a mistake, then we lost a proxy and a killer because Zanshin should have been lynched instead of Tialait along with a neutral seer because of the earlier mistake.
    Nah, mate. We're not being booked by Dusty Rhodes. The decision of the referees stand. As it is, I'm gonna vote for Eldritch Knight. He always tries to kill Alarra. He didn't try to kill Alarra in this game. Was it because they were both evil???
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

14. - Top - End - #494

Quote Originally Posted by mangosta71 View Post
    The killer would most likely not have been lost since Zanshin would have been lynched instead of killed.
    This is just too big a mistake for the narrators to keep silent about as it'd give the wolves a huge advantage when they already benefited from the neutral seer's mistaken lynching.
    Last edited by Fleeing Coward; 2011-02-17 at 06:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Well why not just continue playing this one as is for now (broken as things may be) and just have another one asap? (This time with a special role what is me! Ok self promoting done now.) There's still as far as I can tell a chance either side can win and...the confusion sorta amuses me anyway.

16. - Top - End - #496

Because it's too unfair to the villagers since that'd be 2 big mistakes that both greatly disadvantaged the villagers and the narrators as neutral parties should fix it in the interest of balance when they can.
    The Grey Mage lynch could be written off since he was technically a "neutral" even though he already showed villager bias by outing wolves through proxy but if this is true, then it can't be overlooked.

On that topic, the narrator would have to confirm such a mistake if it was true so on the other side of the coin, they have to deny it if it's false so either way, I don't see why the narrators are silent on the issue.
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

My lynch was your fault FC, just finish this game out, and there might be a sequel later.

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

Eldritch Knight sounds good.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

We shall discuss all this and likely more, after the game is ended.

As for a redo of this game, It will have to wait, unless Goof wishes to run it himself. I have an Assassins game coming up, and I don't wish to have two games running at once.

Done it before, it's not fun.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-17 at 08:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm...

I'm going to say Eldritch Knight for now. I just hope I'm right.
    What do you mean "Dungeon Master" isn't a proper job?

Thanks to Thufir for the avatar.

D&D Characters Past and Present:
    Spoiler
    Show

The Honest Man (3.5 LG human fighter), Princess Kailee (4e Good elf cleric), Elric (4e Good human paladin)
    Talia Dakashnit (3.5 CE human fighter), Gabriel Stryfe (d20 Modern fast hero), Tacin Willow (3.5 NG human fighter//bard)

GitP Blood Bowl Legacy League - Season 3 recruiting

21. - Top - End - #501
    Ogre in the Playground

A little late, but I'm 100% ok with this.
    I also have an idea for a role, the Gray Mage, he starts every day with a couple of points at him or something to make him be lynched more easily.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Dwarf in the Playground

You know, I'd expected a bandwagon to form against me earlier than this, considering the history of antagonism Alarra and I have. I'm just a regular player, this time out, however, but I can't say that I'm surprised that this has come about.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Day 11

Rumors got around that Lex was gone. That Real Life had taken her away from the playground.

And yet, Murska remained. Hadn't he claimed to be Lex? All eyes turned his eyes on him during the night. You're not Lex! You're the Professor.

No. The Narrator Lex made a mistake. And made me Lex, also. And she never corrected the mistake. Murska-Lex states.

The Playgrounders all turn to stare at Narrator Lex. Is this true? Ramsus asks.

Lex-kat? is the only reply they get.

Well, that's good enough for me. Ramsus then points a finger at Atreyu. Let's get the Llama then.

No, let's get Eldritch Knight. Atreyu diverts. He normally goes after Alarra all game. Why didn't he try to kill her in this one?

That's a good question. What do you say EK?

*Silence*

That's proof enough for me. Get him!!

And the playgrounders charged after Eldritch Knight, who woke too late and was carried away by them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch Knight disappeared. No one will say what happened to him. He was a Playgrounder.

Missed 1 Day
    Haruki-Kun
    Lord Fullbladder
    Murska

Missed 2 Day

Night 11 Begins
    It lasts for 24 hours.
    Please Send all Night Actions to Lex-kat & Supagoof. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-19 at 12:48 PM.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Night 11

One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three. Just three more! You can do it!

cd4 continued his excersises. He wouldn't be like the rest. He'd be ready when the Real Lifers came for him.

One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three. Aaaaand raise your hands into the air and streeeeetch.

cd4 jumped up and stretched. Then the doorbell rang. He released the stretch and looked out the window. There at the door stood a postal carrier. A large box in his arms. The doorbell rang again.

The carrier looked over at the window, squinting, trying to see inside. cd4 quickly released the curtain and tried to remain still, hoping the postal worker hadn't noticed. When he looked again, the carrier was gone, the box still on the porch.

Not remembering ordering anything, cd4 did not open the door. It was a trap! Instead he rushed around the house, shutting and locking every door and window leading to the outside.

Then phone began to ring, so he ripped the cord out of the wall. A few minutes later, his cell phone began to ring. He looked at the number, but it wasn't anyone he recognized. He opened his back door for the last time, and threw the phone out.

He went to his computer and tried to get onto the internet. He waited anxiously while the computer tried to log on, but after a minute went by, a message popped up saying access had been denied.

cd4 went to the kitchen to call his provider, then remembered he'd just removed it. He checked the jack, it'd been ruined when he yanked it free.

cd4 sat down on his favorite couch, wringing his hands anxiously. They were after him. They were just waiting for him out there. But he wouldn't let them get him. Oh no. He was safe right where he was.

He restarted the excerise DVD. They wouldn't get him without a fight. No, no they wouldn't.

One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three. One, Two, Three.

Summary
    Spoiler
    Show
    cd4 locked himself away in his own home. He was a Playgrounder.

Missed 1 Day
    Haruki-Kun
    Lord Fullbladder
    Murska

Missed 2 Day

Day 12 Begins
    It lasts for 60 hours.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2011-02-20 at 04:24 PM.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Atreyu the Masked LLama. Also looking at yesterday Szilard and Tasroth are probably also wolves. Hope people on town side actually vote this time.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Troll in the Playground

Sheesh, I was sure I had voted for Atreyu, but apparently I hadn't.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #507
    Dwarf in the Playground

Artreyu. Not as sure about him as I am abour Tasroth. I'm as convinced as I'll ever be that he's got a role and he's claiming villager. I mean, If you're the baner (i think that's our last good power left?) speak up now. You'll be protecting yourself anyway since the assorted seers are down and it would be nice to have an un-killable face to the town we can trust.

28. - Top - End - #508

Atreyu the Masked LLama. Also looking at yesterday Szilard and Tasroth are probably also wolves. Hope people on town side actually vote this time.
    Why me? I've given you many reasons why I'm not a wolf. I even gave a rather logical reason for voting for E.K. yesterday. So for my trouble I have you saying "Oh no, Atreyu is trying! Lynch him."

I'm not sure who is a wolf at this point. Although why you aren't pointing at one of the other likely wolves when you know its likely that I am not a wolf makes me rather suspicoius of you. However, since I don't want to pass away today, I'm going to vote for Tasroth.
    inner circle Legionary of Resiliance
    I love my Ceikatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

Not here as much. I am out Roman around.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Well my reasoning is that due to FC's maths it has to be you, Alarra (now dead), or Murska (who if lying about narrator mishaps is pulling a move I would personally feel is out of bounds).

30. - Top - End - #510

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Atreyu? But why?

*falls to knees, buries face in llama chest*

Why, Llama? Why did you do it? Why did you.... betray us?
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.