New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing II: Stop Making The DM Cry

1688. Getting the DMs mother to hit on me is unacceptable and likely to make rocks fall on my character.

1689. No longer allowed to play with a CHA over 10, lest my character befriend yet another BBEG.

1690. No more seducing NPCs. The DM doesn't like playing it out.

1691. Druid/wizard/cleric is no longer allowed multiclassing.

1691b. No longer allowed to play a caster in a party that already has a caster.

1692. I can't just awaken every animal or magical beast I see and convince it to lead it's species into sapience.

1693. I'm just plain not allowed to play a caster any more.

1694. Not allowed to hit on the other players, IC or IRL.

1695. Touch range healing spells don't require I lay hands on the other players IRL, whether or not they're enjoying it more than I am.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Pixie in the Playground

1696: There is a time and a place for negotiation. Whilst you are being robbed by desert bandits is not one of them.

1697: I will not feign insanity to scare off opponents

1697A: Even if it is unintentional

1697B: "I'm not crazy, I'm just right and you don't want to admit it" is not a valid response to accusations of insanity
    Last edited by TheNabster; 2011-11-13 at 04:25 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    I'm actually yet to see a "male only" class in any book.
    there's always eunuch monk from oriental adventures, although since it obviously requires you to castrate yourself first (at least you get to be immortal), it is the subject of some debate whether or not this technically counts as a "male only" class.

Quote Originally Posted by Kojiro View Post
    813. I may not say Pazuzu's name one time, let alone thrice.
    813a. Saying "Pazuzu" for the purpose of this rule is the exception to that.
    813b. Beyond that, though, I may not say "Pazuzu" again.
    uh oh...

1698: Neutral Jewish is not a valid alignment choice
    1699: I am not allowed to talk any more NPCs into killing themselves
    1699a:not even if I have a +25 to the roll at level 8
    1699b:after making said check, I am not allowed to talk them into paying me to reincarnate them later

1700: I am not allowed to do the mark hamil joker laugh, because it scares everyone OOC
    1700a: not even if I gave them fair warning by telling them exactly what I change myself into with the hat of disguise
    1700b: I am not allowed to be in my joker disguise while enacting 1699-1699b.

1701: I am not allowed to say anything to the party fighter after flying up the second story while she has to take the stairs

1702: I am not allowed to roll innuendo checks
    1702a: not even if I actually know what innuendo checks are

1703: I am not allowed to use my disguise skill on the corpse of a fallen enemy to smuggle him out of town less conspicuously.

1704: I am not allowed to attempt to try diplomacy on an inevitable
    1704a: not even as a full-round action at -10 (+15)
    1704b: I am not allowed to make fun of the fighter for not being able to use touch attacks against an inevitable

1705: I am not allowed to melt down any more inevitables after the party kills them to sell the precious metals that compose their bodies
    1705a: not even if I am the proud owner of a smithy and blast furnace
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Titan in the Playground

I think 1703 is actually kinda smart, and not really stretching anything too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamieth View Post
    ...though Talla does her best to sound objective and impartial, it doesn't cover stuff like "ask a 9-year-old to tank for the party."
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

1706: In PTA, I may not be a scarred up, chaotic borderline-evil female trainer from New Bark Town who started with a Totodile.
    1706a: Not even if I don't get the reference.
    1706b: Especially if the game is supposed to be horror.
    1706c: If I am exempt from this rule, I may not hit on Whitney. Doing so will cause the town to immediatly sink into a massive sinkhole.
    1706d: I may not throw my starter at the enemy. Dangit, I said no references!

1707: No, I don't care how smart they are, psychics can't do that.
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2011-11-13 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Profanity removed.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

6. - Top - End - #1116
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    I think 1703 is actually kinda smart, and not really stretching anything too much.
    gee, thanks

I've done it a couple of times, since I'm playing a chameleon and they make you have 8 ranks in disguise to qualify. I haven't used it for anything except disguising corpses. some trollocs attacked a town and killed some people and my character used disguise to get the looks of horror off their faces so an open casket was possible.

this happened three times.

the time after that, we had to fight at a castle with one group of enemies inside, one outside. we defeater a bunch of orcs and a pair of ogre magi. the wizard zapped one of the ogre magi who was 160 feet in the air with a maximised fireball, causing it to fall and for its corpse to take 16d6 points of falling damage. due to my OOC medical background, I tell the DM this will more or less break every bone in a human's body and the same would likely be true for an ogre mage since their regeneration only works when they are at ≤1hp.

he describes the corpse as being all burned and charred and stuff and looking from the outside that its bones are indeed pulped.

a fight with half a dozen elf/orc/dwarf fighters/rogues/etc (eberron) along with a pair of flying, invisible ogre magi really takes it out of a party of 3 at lvl 7. we're low on HP and the wizard's low on spells. I have to take... unconventional measures.

my familiar is able to scout and tell us there's about 6 more guys inside the castle and one of them is a necromancer. there's also a couple karnathie intelligent zombies.

I tell the DM that I crack open the ogre mage, scoop out the insides, buff with enlarge person, and roll disguise.

he is incredulous, but allows it after I remind him that in 7 levels, I have made 3 disguise checks, all of them on corpses. he tells me to roll it and I get a 31.

psionic rogue climbs onto my back and holds my ogre suit shut. I lumber in and she manifests cloud mind on the necromancer until I can get close to him . I mime that I killed everybody (its throat is all burned and I never heard it speak) and make a bluff check which, me being a chameleon, succeeds. he tells me to go get cleaned up and the rogue and I jump him for a combined 12d6+16 damage. the wizard follows after she hears fightan and we are able to make short work of the karnathie zombies and other mooks (one of which was an AoO spamming monk with a water whip and combat reflexes) and drag ourselves out with about 20 hitpoints among the three of us.

we find one guy from earlier outside and decide to interrogate him. I rip my ogre suit off like the incredible hulk and intimidate him.

we are able to learn plot relevant info from him as a result.

1708: I am not allowed to wear the skins of my enemies as disguises
    1708a: not even if it always works.

to be fair, it's not like I did this more than once or even planned to. I would not do this again, I only did it in this case since ogre magi can regenerate and I was disguising myself as a disfigured corpse, so it would be believable he'd be walking around in that condition. it wouldn't work with other things
    Last edited by Venger; 2011-11-13 at 11:32 PM. Reason: changed numbers
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Iron Chef Medals!

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Halfling in the Playground

BardGuy

1708: using a bag of holding to flood the throne room will only work once
    Last edited by Chookster; 2011-11-14 at 07:36 AM.
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ogre in the Playground

BA of holding?

Cool! I didn't know you could get an Egyptian soul to hold things for you!

1709: Not to use and abuse obscure mythological references.
    1710: 8-bit theater is not an example of ideal party mechanics
    1710.B: Yes, even if it turns out like that in practice.
    1711: There is no ice 9
    1711.B: nor are there ices 1 though 8, either.
    Can't write. Can't plan. Can draw a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "In his free time, he gates in Balors just so he can kill and eat them later!"

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    BA of holding?

Cool! I didn't know you could get an Egyptian soul to hold things for you!

1709: Not to use and abuse obscure mythological references.
    1710: 8-bit theater is not an example of ideal party mechanics
    1710.B: Yes, even if it turns out like that in practice.
    1711: There is no ice 9
    1711.B: nor are there ices 1 though 8, either.
    No, don't be silly, he doesn't have undead egyptians hold stuff for him.

What he's saying is that his base attack is so good that it has a physical presence and can carry stuff for him. he's so strong that the abstract manifestation of his strength can bear enough water to flood a large room

I would disagree with 1710. no matter what they do, they always forgive and forget in the end and keep adventuring anyway (like thief's "extra fine print" or black mage's repeated facemurdering of fighter)

there is always energy substitution (cold) meteor swarm which you will find does largely the same thing
    Last edited by Venger; 2011-11-14 at 01:21 AM.

Iron Chef Medals!

10. - Top - End - #1120

BardGuy

Friend computer says that post quite clearly does, and always did say bag of holding.

Reading it any other way is treason
    Last edited by Chookster; 2011-11-14 at 07:37 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chookster View Post
    Friend computer says that post quite clearly does, and always did say bag of holding.

Reading it any other way is treason
    Quote Originally Posted by Friend Computer View Post
    Last edited by Chookster : Today at 06:36 AM.
    Last edited by Chookster : Today at 06:36 AM.
    edited: Today at 06:36 AM.
    Are you putting words in friend computer's mouth?

That is treason.

Iron Chef Medals!

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Are you putting words in friend computer's mouth?

That is treason.
    It takes ultraviolet clearance to know that's reason...Comerade. I'm afraid you need to come with us for re-education.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    It takes ultraviolet clearance to know that's reason...Comerade. I'm afraid you need to come with us for re-education.
    Reason isn't a crime, you can't take him away for that
    Quote Originally Posted by flabort View Post
    Burnheart, thanks to you, everyday reality is just a little less desirable. Until this happens, I am just this much more insane.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

1709, when trying to enter a locked castle, "Catapult" is not an acceptable solution.
    1709a not even when the "ammo" has a constitution of 30.

1710, "There was a spider on his forehead" is not a legitimate excuse for bashing a random NPC's face in

1711, 3 +3 eplosive arrows in the eye does no qualify as a "Warning shot"

1712 I will never do the really annoying thing ever again.
    1712a no, not even then
    1712b or then
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    It takes ultra-ultraviolet clearance to give orders to an ultraviolet. Friend computer says that there is no echelon above ultraviolet. I think you might be confused, comrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnheart View Post
    Reason isn't a crime, you can't take him away for that
    true indeed

Iron Chef Medals!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

1713: May not PAO anyone into a bouncy ball.
    1713b: May not then give said bouncy ball to children.
    1713c: May not then cast contingency Ghost Sound to say "HI GIRLS" after PAO wears off.
    1713d: The mental scarring from the above is enough for an automatic alignment shift to EVIL.
    1713e: Doing the above with a unicorn or pegasus as the target of the spells will get you kicked from the table.
    Last edited by Ksheep; 2011-11-15 at 03:34 AM.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    1713c: May not then cast contingency Ghost Sound to say "HI GIRLS" after PAO wears off.
    1713d: The mental scarring from the above is enough for an automatic alignment shift to EVIL.
    1713e: Doing the above with a unicorn or pegasus as the target of the spells will get you kicked from the table.
    If you do so, do not taunt it
    Last edited by Venger; 2011-11-15 at 08:19 AM.

Iron Chef Medals!

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ksheep View Post
    *clap* *clap* *clap* Well done.

1714: When my players figure out that I've just been reskinning MLP:FiM villains and using them as my BBEGs, they are completely entitled to throw Player's Handbooks at me.

1715: Even though both Nightmare Moon and Discord would make /awesome/BBEGs.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

1716 under no circumstances may I load 37 acid flasks into the bucket of a catapult
    1716a neither may I do the same with alchemists fire

1717 I may not throw a vial of alchemist's fire into a room full of enemies and yell "Grenade!"
    1717a nor may I do so while yelling, "Frag Out", "Fire in the Hole", or "Heads Up"

1718 I may not modify a ballista (Scorpion/Giant Crossbow siege engine) to fire from a shoulder mount.
    1718a, not even if my character technically has enough strength to carry it
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Ogre in the Playground

1719: I may not research a "Field of enlarge any object."
    1719a: Attaching it to the front of a ballista is seen as bad form.
    Open the lid and snatch a homebrewed treat from Cookie's Jar

Ponytar by Dirtytabs

Quote Originally Posted by DudeWhyAreAllTheNamesTaken(Imgur)
    Chaotic neutral. Might rob you blind. Might save your life. Might do both.

21. - Top - End - #1131

BlueKnightGuy

1720: Knowledge Devotion and Compulsive Liar are not allowed to be combined

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    1720: Knowledge Devotion and Compulsive Liar are not allowed to be combined
    I can't find that anywhere, is compulsive liar a d20modern feat? what's it do? I'm a factotum/chameleon, so I love knowledge devotion

Iron Chef Medals!

23. - Top - End - #1133

BlueKnightGuy

I can't find that anywhere, is compulsive liar a d20modern feat? what's it do? I'm a factotum/chameleon, so I love knowledge devotion
    it's a flaw :p effectivley what I meant is being the guy who knows about the monster then lying to the other players about what's good/bad against it is a nono

I should have been clearer, however. This is the internet, anything mentioned will be viewed with a complete void of common sense to try and glean away the most meagre mechanical advantage

apologies
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2011-11-15 at 06:49 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm betting it's a homebrew flaw.
    Jude P.

25. - Top - End - #1135

SwashbucklerGuy

Looking around, found a homebrew trait that gives +4 bluff, +2 sense motive, -8 diplo. However, it seems that the original poster just meant the idea in general…
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BlackestOfMages View Post
    it's a flaw :p effectivley what I meant is being the guy who knows about the monster then lying to the other players about what's good/bad against it is a nono

I should have been clearer, however. This is the internet, anything mentioned will be viewed with a complete void of common sense to try and glean away the most meagre mechanical advantage

apologies
    ah, ok. you capitalised it. you can understand my confusion

Iron Chef Medals!

27. - Top - End - #1137

BardGuy

1721: the portable hole is not a toy
    1722: nor is it filled with toys

28. - Top - End - #1138

BlueKnightGuy

1722a: except for when it is
    1722b: a varies on what my defenition of toy actually is

29. - Top - End - #1139

1723. I may not make jokes with the works "wildshape" and "kinky" in the same sentence.
    1723a. Especially if I am a Druid
    1724. I may not throw a rock at "wierd rock" in the center of a lake.
    1724a. Especially if I just rolled a will save as soon as my feet touched the water.
    1724b. Upon breaking the above rule, your character shall forever have "-tarted" added to the end of his (or her) name.
    1725.Just because I have Trap Sense, it does not give me permission to cut a string tied to a small coin bag that is hanging in the center of a room.
    1726. Just because a character cannot fly does not give you permission to store them in a bag of holding against their will and wildshape into a bird.
    Last edited by bindin garoth; 2011-11-16 at 01:17 PM.
    homebrew

Interesting Stuff: Spellshapers, Metroid as Incarnum

Bindin's Bag o' Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by BelGareth View Post
    Bindin, this is why I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamshifter View Post
    ...I think my poor Monkadin just went to go get drunk. That's not a natural thing for him to do, at all. Thanks bindin.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bindin garoth View Post
    1723. I may not make jokes with the works "wildshape" and "kinky" in the same sentence.
    1723a. Especially if I am a Druid
    1724. I may not throw a rock at "wierd rock" in the center of a lake.
    1724a. Especially if I just rolled a will save as soon as my feet touched the water.
    1724b. Upon breaking the above rule, your character shall forever have "-tarted" added to the end of his (or her) name.
    1725.Just because I have Trap Sense, it does not give me permission to cut a string tied to a small coin bag that is hanging in the center of a room.
    1726. Just because a character cannot fly does not give you permission to store them in a bag of holding against their will and wildshape into a bird.
    1727: just because the pint of blood my character withdraws for crafting a homunculus does not incur any HP damage or con damage and I can do it for as long as I have xp even if that would drain more blood than I actually have does not mean that I have infinite blood.

1727a: the above does not mean that I can argue that nothing happens to me when a vampire uses blood drain.

1727b: I cannot drain infinite blood from myself to sell to vampires/use for ballast, or fill an extradimensional space with my own blood for use in a deluge/flood type attack

1727c: water breathing does not work for my own blood

1727d: flooding a room with my own blood does not give me a circumstantial bonus to intimidate checks

Iron Chef Medals!