New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 78 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2853686970717273747576777879808182838485868788103128 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,340 of 4053
  1. - Top - End - #2311
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Heads up. I'm dropping my signed art print for a normal one. With the game coming out, I can't justify the extra $25 to have something signed.

Hope someone grabs it.

Edit: And someone did. Sniff. Goodbye signed print.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-13 at 11:39 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2312
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Doooo it.....Doooooo it.....

What's the scouter say about their backer level?

IT'S AN ARBITRARY NUMBER!
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

3. - Top - End - #2313
    Troll in the Playground

....Fine. I'll fulfille the cliche.

*ahem*

It's over 9000!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

4. - Top - End - #2314
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Weimann View Post
    One thing I find notable is that while Double Fine went crazy and broke $1,000,000 within 24 hours, they seem to have pretty muck topped out during day two. The last couple days I've checked, they've barely moved $100,000 altogether, which is about $50,000 a day. That can be compared to OotS growth rate when it was at its peak.

Disclaimer: measurements may not be accurate and are based off memory more than anything.
    I had noticed that to. I reckon that they could take a leaf out if Rich's book about keeping interest in the drive going. They have only made one update, and that was just about hitting target. It's been all quiet since. They need to put more effort in.

5. - Top - End - #2315
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thumbs up Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

I pledge my online webcomic life and - more important to you - my money to you, Giant!

THE WHOLE STORY will be mine and I'm very happy to finally be giving something back for all these years of DnD pleasure!

6. - Top - End - #2316
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LightsOnNo1Home View Post
    I had noticed that to. I reckon that they could take a leaf out if Rich's book about keeping interest in the drive going. They have only made one update, and that was just about hitting target. It's been all quiet since. They need to put more effort in.
    Their problem is the same as Rich's problem. They now have more money than they can spend on a project people have pledged money specifically for. So what do they do with the extra money? They were going to include some "making of" documentaries from the extra money. At this point they can hire Martin Scorsese to direct these documentaries with the extra money they've collected over their initial cost requirements.

Any new projects they added would be money collected for projects that would not see the light of day until 2013/14 and they probably don't want to be on the hook for pledges to deliver a product a year or two later. This is just like Rich's situation with Book 5 and Book K. He doesn't want to leave people hanging, waiting a year or more for their pledges to be made good.

They both underestimated their potential audiences. I'm wondering when someone, having learned from these two projects, will come along with a pie-in-the-sky pledge drive and actually be popular enough to pull it off.

7. - Top - End - #2317
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Well ladies and gentlemen, we have once more gone off the charts. Awesome, no?
    Longtime lurker, Infrequent poster.

Avalanche in Hell of the Improbability Drive Fan Club

8. - Top - End - #2318
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by One Step Two View Post
    Well ladies and gentlemen, we have once more gone off the charts. Awesome, no?
    we need another $8,000 to get off the chart. I don't think it'll happen before Rich updates though.

9. - Top - End - #2319
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jmucchiello View Post
    Their problem is the same as Rich's problem. They now have more money than they can spend on a project people have pledged money specifically for. So what do they do with the extra money? They were going to include some "making of" documentaries from the extra money. At this point they can hire Martin Scorsese to direct these documentaries with the extra money they've collected over their initial cost requirements.

Any new projects they added would be money collected for projects that would not see the light of day until 2013/14 and they probably don't want to be on the hook for pledges to deliver a product a year or two later. This is just like Rich's situation with Book 5 and Book K. He doesn't want to leave people hanging, waiting a year or more for their pledges to be made good.

They both underestimated their potential audiences. I'm wondering when someone, having learned from these two projects, will come along with a pie-in-the-sky pledge drive and actually be popular enough to pull it off.
    In their case though, having a larger budget than the minimum budget is useful for improving the game, whether that's by being able to add more content, get more/better voice actors, ect. Tim's periodically making updates via his twitter, listing when they pass the budgets of past games, and there are still games they've made that have had bigger budgets than what they've currently earned via kickstarter.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

10. - Top - End - #2320
    Colossus in the Playground

11. - Top - End - #2321
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looks like the OOTS are in trouble.
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2012-02-13 at 05:08 PM.

12. - Top - End - #2322
    Pixie in the Playground

Imp

*Looks at latest update*

A monetary graph and a literary cliffhanger?

I'm honestly tempted to say I've seen everything now, but I know Rich Burlew alone is capable of proving that claim wrong at any time.

13. - Top - End - #2323
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think we can all agree that the new mystery prize rocks. Let's just hope the comic drought after the pledge drive won't be too... well, droughty.
    Not if my index finger has anything to say about it. And, as it turned out, it had quite the stirring dissertation prepared on that very subject.

Many thanks to half-halfling for the Spanish Inquisition avatar

14. - Top - End - #2324
    Dwarf in the Playground

We've been left without a goal to shoot for... which seems oddly appropriate given the way the graph story went today. I hope that once the dragon is defeated we will have a fun new goal to shoot for.
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

15. - Top - End - #2325
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is the best Mystery Prize ever. Yes, it's even better than the coloring book.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Oni View Post
    Well you've got two options - you can either wait for life to throw you a bone, or you can make your own by tearing it out of Life's quivering body, with your bare teeth and nails in a frenzied bloodied act of cannibalism.

16. - Top - End - #2326
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Hmm...

A comic a day for 8 days is AWESOME.

But no new line to aim for on the graph? That may well slow down pledges. There should be a new line, even if it's just "hey, we reached 3/4s of a million" or whatever. We're gamers, we like targets and goals :-)

17. - Top - End - #2327
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    Hmm...

A comic a day for 8 days is AWESOME.

But no new line to aim for on the graph? That may well slow down pledges. There should be a new line, even if it's just "hey, we reached 3/4s of a million" or whatever. We're gamers, we like targets and goals :-)
    Thus begins "A week of Updating"!
    Badly drawn helmet avatar drawn by me.
    Rest in Peace:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Miko Miyazaki, Thanh, Durkon- Order of the Stick
    Krunch- Looking For Group
    Bill- Left 4 Dead
    Soap Mactavish- Modern Warfare 3
    Sandman- Modern Warfare 3
    Ghost and Roach- Modern Warfare 2
    Gabe- Dead Space 2
    Dom- Gears of War 3
    Carmine Brothers- Gears of War series
    Uriel Septim VII- Elderscrolls Oblivion
    Commander Shepherd- Mass Effect 3
    Ned Stark- Song of Ice and Fire
    Apple Jack's parents

18. - Top - End - #2328
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

Awesome, comics every day! Go Rich!
    I'm the author of the Alex Verus series of urban fantasy novels. Fated is the first, and the final book in the series, Risen, is out as of December 2021. For updates, check my blog!

19. - Top - End - #2329
    Troll in the Playground

It is really too bad that the game and the books won't go into one box. I was planning on upgrading my all-the-books to all-the-books-and-the-game, but two times international shipping on top of it drove me to the very edge of what I was willing to spend and my fiancee clearly over the edge of what she would allow me to spend. A pity, but I could have seen that coming...

20. - Top - End - #2330
    Troll in the Playground

Can the game addition to the awards raise 10k in an hour?
    Apparently it can.
    Good thing we don't have a new line, we would have past it easily.
    Personally, I'd like to see a Breaks into Kickstarter top 5 (again) but that has a long ways to go (100k+ I think)

21. - Top - End - #2331
    Ogre in the Playground

Pledges have gone to warp drive again.

Hopefully we'll hit 700k by Midnight my time (just over an hour)
    "They couldn't know that the points from the mainline to the siding were frozen, and the signal should have been set at 'DANGER', but snow had forced it down."
    - The Flying Kipper

22. - Top - End - #2332

The package I wanted to buy is out of print. Annoying, since I thought it was safe to wait since it didn't say there was any limit.

(I wanted "One newly printed copy of War and XPs, plus one copy of Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales,". Was waiting to see if a similiar package plus Don't Split the Party was going to be added. Now it seems I might have trouble getting anything. )

Any chance of more being printed if people pledge more?

23. - Top - End - #2333

RogueGuy

Oh my cracking gods! Mystery Prize #6 is a OotS strip comic every day during a whole week!!

This is much way better than my wildest speculations!!
    Last edited by Blas_de_Lezo; 2012-02-13 at 06:05 PM.

24. - Top - End - #2334
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sylian View Post
    The package I wanted to buy is out of print. Annoying, since I thought it was safe to wait since it didn't say there was any limit.

(I wanted "One newly printed copy of War and XPs, plus one copy of Snips, Snails, and Dragon Tales,". Was waiting to see if a similiar package plus Don't Split the Party was going to be added. Now it seems I might have trouble getting anything. )

Nope. Snips isn't being reprinted.
    Piratebold-Bard by Elder Tsofu | Backer #121 of the Giantitp Kickstarter | My homebrew
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordJ View Post
    New law: Obey me or you'll be crushed by a MOUNTAIN.

25. - Top - End - #2335
    Dwarf in the Playground

So. I'm pledging across 2 accounts. $211. Art Print and Full Color and international shipping for both.

That is one HELL of a lot of swag. According to the chart I practically get a Swag Pack #1 worth of Mystery Prizes included. o.o

breakdown of swag:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So $211 gets me:
    4 full color books (in total according to Wikipedia, if I'm counting right, 964 pages... that's a lot of commentary and bonus strips! :D)
    8 pdfs
    1 art print
    2 coloring books
    3 hit point pads
    3 sheets of stickers
    2 Roy magnets
    Wallpapers! (at least 10)

Very, very pleased with this. My bank balance will only hate me for a little while; I get paid the week after I pay for this. :)

also YES @ new comics every day! 8D
    The above post probably made more sense in my head.

26. - Top - End - #2336
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ZombieMaster View Post
    It's possible that Rich just can't think of more things to fund.

On the one hand, I'm really tempted to upgrade my "whole story" reward to the "whole story and a game" reward. On the other hand, it'd be another $108. Given that the main reason I want the game is just to, well, have it, I can't justify that to myself.

The Mystery Prize is really nice, too! Hopefully, the quick updates won't reduce quality much.
    Quoth the raven, "Polly wants a cracker."

Pony avatar by the Great and Powerful DirtyTabs. Lotsa hugs!

Scourge Caste avatar by the illustrious Akrim.elf. Thank you!

27. - Top - End - #2337
    Troll in the Playground

#
    Rich Burlew 1 minute ago

June is the worst case scenario for the Sticky Shticks; it might ship sooner. It is not strictly exclusive to the drive in the sense that we will probably print few hundred extra and throw them up on Ookoodook when they come in for people who can't pledge due to not having a US credit card. But it is a limited edition, in the sense that we won't reprint it once those run out. And yes, the game packages get all the free stuff, too, except for the $16 pledge.

Rich Burlew less than a minute ago

Also, new goals tomorrow.
    Woo new goals to smash like a fudge ripple deprived thog.
    We've gone into OOTs Overdose, with a strip nearly every day on the updates page and now a strip every day here.
    I might need to get into OOTS rehab when this is over. The withdrawal is gonna be killer.
    Last edited by Forbiddenwar; 2012-02-13 at 06:13 PM.

28. - Top - End - #2338

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sylian View Post

You will be able to buy all the books from stores once they get printed again. If you want SSaDT you could buy one from ookoodok now. At least I think you can still order it now. If you do one less for pledge amounts that have it as a possible reward like mine, where you can pick a skinny book. In all honesty it would be better to order it now if you can. If you do it is money that Rich gets himself, and Rich deserves the money.
    Last edited by Balain; 2012-02-13 at 06:28 PM.

29. - Top - End - #2339
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    ....Fine. I'll fulfille the cliche.

*ahem*

It's over 9000!!!
    What 9000!?

30. - Top - End - #2340

Quote Originally Posted by Balain View Post
    You will be able to buy all the books from stores once they get printed again. If you want SSaDT you could buy one from ookoodok now.
    $17 shipping seems a bit pricey for just one book, but I guess I'll have to pay up...

Is there any advantage of buying the War and XPs + Don't Split the Party pack, instead of buying them each separately? The shipping for two is 37, while for each separately is 20, plus I'd get an extra fridge magnet and the other stuff, like color book.