New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 31 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #901
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking the same... but then while I haven't seen Beautiful Mind both movies are old and well-known enough to let it pass, I guess. Can't talk about media without some spoilers.
    Yes, I agree. Hence the .
    Witty sig here nosey, aren't ya?

2. - Top - End - #902
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Questionable Content 5: Suffers Occasional Outbreaks of Butt's Disease

John Nash...

John's X... from Fight Club!?

...Mind = blown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

3. - Top - End - #903
    Bugbear in the Playground

Whelp, I think that puts to rest any debate over Dora's sentiments concerning children. :v
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    : THOG NOW SCHRÖDINGER's ORC!
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    If you ever see Hitler riding a T-Rex in your direction - you, my friend, are a very unlucky person.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    "Ooh. Did you bring a biology textbook with you? No? Sorry, nothing personal." And then I dissect them.

4. - Top - End - #904
    Titan in the Playground

And then a one-night-stand knocks her up.

DRAMA.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #905

Zombie

If that does happen it wont carry to term
    Read the newspost underneath the comic
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

6. - Top - End - #906
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anecronwashere View Post
    ... I feel the strong urge to say something related to the CAD thread but I think I better don't.

So, doesn't handling Pintsize already entitle Marten to have any possibly kind of child, pet, or insane robot to take care of?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

7. - Top - End - #907
    Titan in the Playground

Less controversially, it's born off-screen and adopted by a very nice interracial couple from Miami.

8. - Top - End - #908
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I don't know, I think Pintsize might actually be responsible for a baby without killing it.

I mean sure, he's a jerk half the time or more, but usually to people he knows can take it.
    And it's been shown that during the first years or so he was actually a pretty good companion AI, just that he wasn't needed so much anymore after a while, once Marten got out and made human friends.

9. - Top - End - #909

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Morquard View Post
    I don't know, I think Pintsize might actually be responsible for a baby without killing it.

I mean sure, he's a jerk half the time or more, but usually to people he knows can take it.
    And it's been shown that during the first years or so he was actually a pretty good companion AI, just that he wasn't needed so much anymore after a while, once Marten got out and made human friends.
    I don't think infanticide is the concern here.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #910
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The bigger worry is Pintsize being allowed to have any influence whatsoever in the raising/upbringing of a child.

11. - Top - End - #911

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The bigger worry is Pintsize being allowed to have any influence whatsoever in the raising/upbringing of a child.
    And even Marten agrees that he's too lilly-livered to get rid of Pintsize if he had to for the sake of his hypothetical child.

There's ball-busting and then there's doing it to yourself...
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2013-01-03 at 03:51 PM.
    Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #912
    Titan in the Playground

So... Hanners asks the pizza boy in so she and Marigold can "tip" him without money... TO THE TYPEWRITERS! (No, please don't. It's Hanners) But I hope hijinks ensure.
    "What's done is done."

13. - Top - End - #913
    Titan in the Playground

So... Hanners asks the pizza boy in so she and Marigold can "tip" him without money...
    UNTZ UNTZ UNTZ

14. - Top - End - #914
    Firbolg in the Playground

Yeah, I was thinking the same... but then while I haven't seen Beautiful Mind both movies are old and well-known enough to let it pass, I guess. Can't talk about media without some spoilers.
    Spoiler: A Beautiful Mind and Fight Club are actually the same movie.

Yeah because what we need is more webcomics going through a miscarriage storyline.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

15. - Top - End - #915

Zombie

I have faith that QC is better than CAD at handling drama of that level
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

16. - Top - End - #916
    Troll in the Playground

This is a step forward. Marigold sees the Alliance Scum has morals AND is fairly decent when he's not stalking her. It certainly can't hurt...

17. - Top - End - #917
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Dale...your glasses...you forgot to turn off the Ominous Shine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

18. - Top - End - #918
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I have faith that QC is better than CAD at handling drama of that level
    Maybe, but why open this can of worms in the first place?

19. - Top - End - #919
    Titan in the Playground

Dave has learned from the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Dale...your glasses...you forgot to turn off the Ominous Shine.
    It raises the interesting question what Marigold does for a living... except destroying the alliance. I mean, that probably doesn't pay well enough.
    From any other character we actually know rather well what they do, mostly because they either work at the CoD or library.
    "What's done is done."

20. - Top - End - #920
    Titan in the Playground

I presume Marigold is unemployed and does studying through a long-distance online program for which she receives a grant or simply has parents wealthy enough to allow her to live elsewhere.

21. - Top - End - #921
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

IIRC, Marigold works as webmaster for her dad's website.

22. - Top - End - #922
    Troll in the Playground

Marigold has demonstrated considerable computer repair skills and lots of free time. And has enough money to buy lots of anime and manga and an expensive chassis for Momo. I suspect she does do 'computer things', freelance.

And Dale really gets under her skin.

23. - Top - End - #923
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    IIRC, Marigold works as webmaster for her dad's website.
    Yeah, this. It's mentioned very briefly, and I don't have time to track it down. She could probably pick up more money doing freelance work (She certainly seems to have plenty of spare time), but she's probably too shy to do the self promotion necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

24. - Top - End - #924
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Yeah, this. It's mentioned very briefly, and I don't have time to track it down. She could probably pick up more money doing freelance work (She certainly seems to have plenty of spare time), but she's probably too shy to do the self promotion necessary.
    One mention of it is here; pretty sure there's some more around her introduction.

25. - Top - End - #925
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IthilanorStPete View Post
    One mention of it is here; pretty sure there's some more around her introduction.
    So I see.

I also read a bit further from that strip, got to this one and I have to say that last panel is still my favourite. I just like how it looks, and it just feels shaded very nicely. The different angle (and with it, the slightly different look for both Momo and Marigold) is just great.

26. - Top - End - #926

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    So I see.

I also read a bit further from that strip, got to this one and I have to say that last panel is still my favourite. I just like how it looks, and it just feels shaded very nicely. The different angle (and with it, the slightly different look for both Momo and Marigold) is just great.
    Yeah, sure, the shading is why it's your favourite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

27. - Top - End - #927
    Titan in the Playground

Considering robots are asexual objects (and even if seen as not, Momo appears clearly underage) and the situation is depicted as awkward rather than any sort of tittilating, yes. Yes, it is shading.

There've been other times where panels were like that, but they're just so few and far between that I don't recall where exactly again, and I really like it when one of them pops up.

28. - Top - End - #928
    Troll in the Playground

That's it, Hanners, confuse her with logic and common sense!!

29. - Top - End - #929
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Looks pretty accurate to me, Jeph.

30. - Top - End - #930
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Marigold managed to gain a couple of jerk points with me for that...