New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Default Re: RaynnVerse: The Revolution IC

Robert Asterion

A touch, a touch I do confess

Robert spits out blood as he turns his head back at his assailant, battered from the blow.

"Of course, of course good sir. I understand. I have but one regret."

The mighty minotaur slides his elbow swiftly into the troll's chest, the blue skinned attacker staggering back, stunned from the attack.

"I won't get to finish my word-a-day calendar. Pity that. What's today's word...?

The minotaur throws a punch into the troll's left side, advancing.

"Ah, yes, defenestrate. From the latin de, down, and fenestra, window.

Another two punches, right in the ribs as the troll is further pushed back and Robert keeps stepping forward.

"Defenestrate. Verb. To throw something

Robert grabs the troll by the shoulder and pushes him down as his knee comes up. The troll is at the edge of the room now, as Robert advances on it.

"Or someone"

A big brown hand grabs the troll's right arm.

"Out a window"

He clenches hard and then swings Bartholomew around in a hammertoss, the troll flying out the window.

Robert peers down out the window before turning and heading for the door.

"Oh, wait. defenestrate was next Saturday's word. Today's word is sagacity. Oops.
    Visit the Chocolate Hammer IRC channel!
    (IRC Joining Guide Here!)

2. - Top - End - #332
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego paces as he waits. He wishes he could fly, but hospitals tend to frown on that sort of thing. Even so, he can't just sit still as he waits for the doctor's word. And he really can't just sit still after he receives it. He paces back, then forth, then back, and then he nods, rubs his neck, and runs out the nearest open window, to gasps from the other waiters.

He knows it's not his fault. He knows it. He wouldn't have understood the girl, and he couldn't risk a misunderstanding. He knows all too well what can happen to the average human body at the hands of a post-human. He knows it's not his fault...

He lands on a skyscraper, fists clenched. He still blames himself. All sources say it's their fault, but he blames himself. He leans against an air conditioner. He's supposed to be the friendly neighborhood falcon, the defender of the defenseless. And yet he's been blind to the more modern prejudice, he's failed them.

"RrrrrraaaAAAAAAAAAGHH" He lashes out at the air conditioner with his talons, tearing it to metallic ribbons. Then he kicks it. "Gah! Ouch ouch ouch!" He hops on one foot, grabbing the other in pain. He limps over to the edge of the building and sits down, legs hanging limply in mid-air. He sighs and gets his helmet to dial a friend.

"Hey, Harold? It's Diego. I'm gonna have to- yeah, I'm cancelling again. No it's not- no, it shouldn't be expected, I'm sorry. Yeah could you let Dina know? Thanks amigo..." He hangs up, sighs again, and stands on the corner of the building, a determined look plastered across his face. He brings up any files he has access to on Prometheus.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well-Informed roll on Prometheus
    (1d20+12)[22]

3. - Top - End - #333
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley nods in silence to Danielle as she picks out a particular dish that she fondly remembers as a child, Schweinshaxe served with boiled potatoes. It's a dish Ashley has only made once before but she has the ham and will to give it a try on her own. Ashley's focus however is taken away from the book by her cell phone going off. Finally someone answers. "Good to finally hear from you Len," she speaks over her cell in a tone that is a mix of frustration and relief. "I really don't want to hear that Camelot is in trouble again. Right now it needs to be un-troubled. My cousin Danielle and her baby is homeless and I want to register her as a citizen of Camelot. Where is Jake anyway? I tried calling him on his cell and I got dead silence."

Whatever is going on there, Ashley did not want another complication in her life. Danielle is safe in her apartment for now but Ashley does not want her to stay for too long. If what Ashley believes is true, then being at this apartment may be as bad an idea as it is staying at the homeless shelter.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-22 at 11:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Isiah replies

"I set up the Lighthouse Satellite to emit the signal that nullifies Omega's containment field whenever it detected such high levels of the Power Negative.

Jake Dire told you about the past universe right? Ever hear how Omega died last time? Infinite iterations of the Big Bang, overlapping, burning him up.

If she's Omega I don't even know how but I can tell you there is only way she's him, and that if she has his memories. Meaning after whatever you did to activate her, if I shut down that signal it is very likely she will receive billions of years of Omega's memories and revert into some new form to contain that power and knowledge. Harlequin and Winter II are gone Jake, Earth can be defeated again, and even if we beat him, how many of your friends will she kill before that happens?

Do you really think two and a half days swooning over you will cure the greatest despot in the multiverse?

Anyway, we both know you're not leaving American airspace, and similar legislation will be adopted by the E.U. and most of Asia by the end of the month. You want the band back together now, which means you'll be in Freedom City for a while.

You'd need to let her become Omega, and Marry her, and stop her from killing everyone you know, to stop her from being deported or dead.

Jake. I will let it be your choice, but any deaths she causes will be on your hands not mine. Accept that before you make your decision."

Robert Asterion

As Robert makes his way down through the Hotel he's met by worried, and sometimes terrified looks, before finally making his way out to the street where the Troll gentleman has landed in a crater.

Standing nearby atop an abandoned car is a teenager, about the Peregrine's age, wearing a bandoleer of potions in glass vials, and covered in different blades and firearms like some sort of trained assassin.

He draws a compact bow, extends it and readies an arrow that looks explosive, aimed at Robert's heart. He wears a utilitarian black and scarlet outfit.

"Hello Robert Asterion, Monster, my name is Arthur Strong, and I want you to send Mordred a message."

Diego Torres

Spoiler
    Show
    • Prometheus is the leader of the group Humanity First.
    • He is widely regarded to be a normal, but extremely charismatic, human.
    • He is considered by some to be a great humanitarian leader and by others to be a regressive bigot.
    • While his actual identity is unknown and he takes great pains to avoid the law he does make occassional surprise appearances in public.
    • He is believed to have a secret compound within the city.
    • Certain criminal elements may know the location of this base or a rally he may be due to appear at.
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-22 at 11:16 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Len Cope

"Well sorry to disappoint but we are extremely troubled here. There's been an incident." Len says, not sure how much he should say over the phone. He takes a breath an continues. "As for your cousin, you know any of your family is welcome in Camelot. Bring her up and we will find a place for her."

"Oh, and Jake is currently dealing with the fallout from the S***storm that just happened."
    Thog fan 4 life

Helios avatar by The_Architect

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

“Dire told me everything. But neither she, nor you have experience with what’s happening right now. She has my memories. And even while she was in the throes of whatever this was, her intent was to keep me and our friends safe from harm. I am not going to assume she’s going to kill us all, and pass judgment before I have to.”

He looks Isiah in the eye. “In a past life I was a betrayer. I murdered King Arthur. But that man is dead. So is Omega. We have to give her the chance to make her own choices.”

But Isiah was right. Legally, Jake was going to have problems with the Cullie Act. And apparently, Isiah wasn’t willing to accept his declaration from a moment ago.

“So… death or marriage?” Those are the options? He exhales quietly.

Sip.

The things he does…

“I’ll accept the fallout of whatever I do. I’m always prepared to.”

Sip.

“I want you to isolate us in an extra-dimensional space… then shut down the signal. If it goes wrong, I’ll deal with it.”

Guess this is the ultimate shotgun wedding, huh?
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #337

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley rubs her forehead as Len responds to her on how bad it is in Camelot. By this point she is getting very frustrated. "Fine, fine. Look, how long will it take for you to get here? I'm going to make something for Danielle so it would help if you can meet me here in two hours time." With that, Ashley hangs up and begins focusing on making dinner... Well lunch technically. She would call Clark later to let him know about the state of events. But now is the time to make a meal.

And some time later, it's finished. The ham is a little overcooked but otherwise it's a much better-looking meal than the last time Ashley made Schweinshaxe. "Alright, ready!" She calls out to Danielle as Ashley takes a seat with her serving ready.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-22 at 11:25 PM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

Jake Wallace

Isiah nods

"I hope you know what you're doing Jake. Good luck my friend."

There is a flash of light and suddenly Jake is standing alone in a field that seems to stretch on for miles in every direction. Nearby he sees her.

Her skin is as white as her hair, but her eyes have returned to normal and the symbol on her chest and her lips have turned a deep crimson. She uses the remnants of her clothes to cover herself and Jake gets a flash back to the first time he met her.

She doesn't scream, and nothing suddenly explodes. In fact aside from her change in appearance she seems exactly the same

"Jake . . . ? Why amn't I exploding?"

Jake grins.
    Loki Avatar by Me

9. - Top - End - #339

Len Cope

"I'll try to be there in 2 hours. Might be a little longer depending on whats going on up here. If I can't make it, I'll send someone to get you." he says, tone in his voice clearly not appreciative of Ashley's frustration considering what just occurred. With that he says his goodbyes and hangs up.

He spends some time coordinating the Camelot knights in cleanup and security duty, and arranges for Merle's body to be respectfully extracted from the ruins. He informs one of the knights that he will be heading off Camelot to pick up Ashley and to tell Jake when he returns if he is not back himself. He motions to Faith that she can either stay or come along.

-later-

Len flies himself down to Ashley's apartment, landing in front and shifting from a nimble speedy flying Pterosaur to his human form. He buzzes the intercom. "Ash, it's Len, buzz me in." he says.
    Thog fan 4 life

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Disclaimer:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "In the Raynnverse, a wild world of living cartoons, soft spoken Minotaurs and awkward German engineers the laws of the real world tend to be more lax or interpreted differently.

Typically this refers to the laws of physics, but in some cases can in fact have legal implications.

Like the reinterpretations of the laws of physics any "Comic book view" of legal systems or laws is intended simply to enhance the story and so forgive any mild discrepancy from actual world laws. Keep in mind most of you would have been arrested for assault etc for your vigilante ways by now if you operated in a realistic legal system.

-Raynn Out
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-23 at 12:12 AM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

11. - Top - End - #341
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

He looks down at the grass. Where exactly is this field? Sometimes Isiah’s powers were baffling and staggering simultaneously. “Signals and uh… containment fields and stuff? I really don’t understand how it works.”

He folds his arms, his expression heavy with thought.

“We need to have a chat.” He reaches a hand up to scritch his chin. “Isiah says that it’s likely you’ll download memories. Maybe that’s already happened, I don’t know. All I can do is stay in this bubble with you until I figure out… well, if you’re still you.”

He shook his head.

“And don’t even get into what happens if we leave this bubble. That’s a whole new can of worms. Maybe bells... maybe missiles."
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego stands on the corner of the building, feet together, then takes a swan dive off, free-falling for a good twenty stories before pulling up. He flies a bit to burn some energy, ducking between buildings and pulling off dangerous stunts. Eventually he maintains a cruising speed of 60 miles per hour above the tops of the skyscrapers. It's not enough, he needs to do something.

"Let's see if we can't send a little message..." He fiddles with some settings on his helmet, re-routing his radio to broadcast over a wide area. He smirks. "Vamanos." He speeds across the city, making sure his signal spreads to ever corner as he speaks it.

"Bienvendidos, damas y cabelleros! I'm El Peregrino, and I'll be your host this afternoon! Please standby for your regularly scheduled pop mierda and various dubsteps." He dips down low, flying between traffic, before pulling back up into the sky. "This is a message to that senor about town, the man on everyone's lips, Prometheus!" He lands on top of a building and crosses his arms, pausing for a moment of dramatic effect. "How's tricks, esse?" He jumps off, back to flying. "I know you're quite busy, with your anti-post-human bigotry and all taking up your time, but I just ran into some huge fans of yours, and they suggested a good old fashioned team-up!" He grimaces at the suggestion, but pushes forward. "And I gotta say, esse, it intrigued me. See, I'm a young up and comer like yourself, and I've heard a lot of things about you. Where you sit for a nice drink, what your favorite color is, the people you've allegedly murdered, et cetera." Whoops, dodge the pigeons dodge the pigeons.

"Point is, hearing is hearing, but seeing is believing. How about a simple meeting? Just a chat between strangers, to get to know one another a lil better. How's tonight at, oh, let's say sundown? Liberty Park, Heroes' Knoll?" He lands on another building, crossing his arms, grimace on his face. "I promise I'm 100% pure-blood human, hombre." He flies to a different part of the city and repeats until he feels the message is properly sent.

Spoiler
    Show
    Using a Hero Point in conjunction with Extra Effort to slap the Area Extra on my Radio Comm so that literally everyone in the city within earshot of a radio has heard what he has to say.
    Last edited by Phase; 2012-08-23 at 02:45 AM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Faith Winters

"I'll meet you when you get back, Len. I need to keep a finger on this Hope situation or I'll probably get fired..." Faith shrugged in response to Len's offer to come with. Then once he was gone she started sending a report in to her superiors with her earpiece as she picked her way through the debris. She tried to find wherever the old man, Merlin, had fallen. She wanted to see if he was really dead or just heavily injured and in need of medical attention.

She also needed to be there when Jake, Hope, and Isaiah came back.

If they came back.
    Paladin, Green Lantern, and Cyrine by DarthRaynn!

“I've never believed in the End of Times. We are Mankind. Our footprints are on the moon. When the last trumpet sounds and the Beast rises from the pit -- we will kill it.”
    ― Travis Beacham, Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero

Spoiler
    Show

Kismet and Deadshot by kpenguin.

14. - Top - End - #344

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Ashley decides it's best to stay quiet during "dinner" with Danielle. With her cousin just out of the shelter, Ashley didn't want to bring up the incident that occurred. Perhaps once they get to Camelot, once Danielle is settled in, Ashley can ask her what happened. Just from what Danielle has said before however, Ashley has a pretty good idea on what happened. "...I hope that was a good meal Danielle." She keeps a quiet tone as she watches her cousin. Is Danielle off the police force by this point? Ashley can assume so. She wonders if Faith might be able to spring a job offer in AEGIS for Danielle.

Just then, Ashley can hear Len's voice over the intercom. She opens the door to meet with her former classmate. "Thanks for coming. Sorry about yelling on the phone; life just hasn't been going anyone's way right now." She invites Len in. "Danielle, you remember my old classmate, Len? Guy who transforms into dinosaurs?" Way back at Claremont, Danielle had time to meet with Ashley's friends in the midst of everything that occurred. She may still remember some of them.

From there however, a very familiar voice begins talking over the radio. Ashley's mind is taken away and focused on the radio as she hears Peregrine over him, wanting to talk to Prometheus. Ashley's face is just in utter shock at what she is hearing. Does Peregrine have ANY idea who the leader of Humanity First is? Probably not judging by what he is saying. Ashley is just in complete surprise, she can't even find a word to say. It's pretty obvious to Danielle that Ashley knows who Peregrine, and to a lesser extent, Prometheus, is.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Anything you want to do before your untimely death at sundown?

Diego Torres

Faith Winters

Faith quickly finds Merlin's body and he is indeed as dead as expected. Glancing through the portal she sees that Isiah now sits alone in the Sahara.

Jake Wallace

Hope in her new form just kind of shrugs

"Umm. . . I don't feel any different? I don't think I have any new memories . . . Just you, and 2 and a bit days of awkwardness, life or death situations . . ."

she glances down at her hands

"I don't seem to be able to fly anymore, contrary to the snazzy new look,"

she looks back up at Jake worried again

"What happens if we leave?"

Ashley & Len

As Len came to the door Sarah reached out and touched Ashley's arm as she pulled away and suddenly she had teleported through Ashley to cling to Ashley's shoulder, scrambling manically not to fall to the ground below.

Taking Sarah Danielle takes a few steps away from Ashley and forces a smile in Len's direction

"Nice to see you again Len."
    Loki Avatar by Me

16. - Top - End - #346

Robert Asterion

"Monster is an energy drink. If you would like to address me by something other than my name, sir will suffice."

He spreads his hands wide. "Now, what message would you like me to send to my friend. I'm sure that any communication can be accomplished without explosive arrows sent in my general direction? Usually messenger shooting occurs after the message is delivered."

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert Asterion

Arthur lowers his bow

"Tell him Arthur is coming for the Throne he usurped."

With that he shoots a different trick arrow towards a nearby rooftop and grabs the line it leaves behind and a moment later is pulled away as the line is retracted, leaving Robert alone in the street with the unconscious troll.
    Loki Avatar by Me

18. - Top - End - #348

Robert Asterion

Robert groans and puts his palm to his face. His third day in Freedom. Third day. What a week.

Day One: Get almost murdered by your biological father.
    Day Two: Find out that you have terminal clone degneration
    Day Three: Have a sandwich ruined.

It just got worse each day. Tomorrow there might be two sandwiches ruined.

Robert sits down on Bartholomew, pinning the blue skinned troll to the ground, and waits for the STAR squad to arrive to cuff him.

19. - Top - End - #349

Len Cope

Len had no hard feelings towards Ashley from their phone conversation. "Everyone seems to be having a rough go with things lately, unfortunately. No harm done." he says, flashing his trademark grin.

He then turns to Danielle and returns her greeting. "Nice to see you too Danielle. Ash briefly mentioned your situation over the phone. You and your baby are of course welcome in Camelot. With things the way they are now, you may have to stay in some temporary housing until we can get you squared away with something more permanent though." he says, and watches with interest as Sarah teleports through Ashley onto her shoulder. "I'm sure she'll fit right in." he says, again grinning.

Len's grin slips slightly as he hears El Peregrino's message over the radio, and sighs. "What is that kid doing...he's gonna get himself killed." he says, and looks to Ash. "We need to get to him and stop him before he does something stupid. You with me Ash?" he says, and turns to Danielle. "Danielle, there is a helicopter waiting at the airport to take you up to Camelot. Here's some cab fare." he says, handing Danielle some money. "Also, here is your temporary Camelot visa." he hands her a packet with the necessary documents to allow her and her daughter entry into Camelot. "I'll arrange for someone to meet you at the Camelot welcome center to get you situated when you arrive. Hopefully, this doesn't take too long and I will join you on the chopper ride."
    Thog fan 4 life

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

If he was to take her at her word, no two billion years of evil downloaded. Perhaps… having his memories taking up that storage space defeated the transfer. But maybe it just delayed it. Frell.

“It’s good you can’t fly. That power is not a good thing. You should try to never use it again. Even if Faith, Len, me, and all our other friends are being ripped to shreds, you should never use it.”

She asks him what happens if they leave. He sits down on the grass. It feels nice. Oddly enough, this is the most peaceful moment he’s had in months. He motions for her to sit down with him.

“So, there’s a strong chance that you are the reincarnation of an extremely powerful entity that nearly wiped out all life everywhere.” He looks up at her. “But you’re also just Hope. And Hope's done nothing wrong so far. I promised to defend you, and as long as you haven’t gone all evil on me, I’m still going to do that.”

“And that’s where it gets complicated.”

“Isiah Washington has us sealed in an extra-dimensional bubble. He currently wants to send you to some distant uninhabited planet forever or convince me to kill you. I’m not prepared to let either of those things happen.”

His eyes are strong as he says this. Honor like steel.

“I made a declaration that you’re a citizen of Camelot. Isiah didn’t buy it. I doubt the U.S. will either, based on his reaction. So, when you step out… it’s likely he’ll try to ‘deport’ you with the Cullie Act. My options for stopping this are limited.”

He holds his hands out, like a scale, “On one hand. I could tell him to frak himself. This would probably spark an international incident. On the other hand, I could try a more,” pause, “legitimate," pause, "form of citizenship. Which, on the other hand… would probably still trigger a conflict if they find out exactly what happened here today.”

He gets to the point.

“Hope,” this is a very difficult position he’s in, and he’s feeling nervous now (for more than just the political reasons, obviously), “You know what a green card marriage is, right?”
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #351

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

Once she finally has the will to act, Ashley thwaps her hand on her head. "Good idea Len. Frankly our loose cannon Peregrine is in need of a lecture." She goes to grab her Kevlar gear and combat coat as she explains her plan to Len in a serious manner. "Okay, here's what we'll do. We're going to find this fool of a hero in the skies and get him to abandon this meeting. If he doesn't listen... We'll think of something, but I'd rather not resort to violence." She eyes Len cautiously. "Trust me when I say that we don't want to make it look like we're attacking a human."

As she finishes readying herself, Ashley takes a moment to look to Danielle as she softens up a bit. "Hopefully we won't be long but in the case we take longer than planned, do you want me to call a friend that can help escort you to Camelot?" She opens her phone, ready to call Clark if Danielle wishes it.
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-08-23 at 08:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #352

Len Cope

"There won't be any need for violence against Peregrine. Though if Prometheus shows up, we might need to throw a little violence his way." he says. "El Peregrino came to Camelot's aid in its hour of need, there is no way I would hurt him, especially not for pulling such a crazy stunt as this. We just need to make sure we get to him before Prometheus does."

Len waits until Ash is finished with her conversation with Danielle, then shifts into a quick flying Pterosaur and takes to the sky, searching for the young hero.
    Last edited by SuperMuldoon; 2012-08-23 at 09:37 PM.
    Thog fan 4 life

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

Robert Asterion

It doesn't take long for STAR squad to arrive and cart away Bartholomew into the back of a secure van, to where Robert could only guess, Blackgate maybe?

As he settled in to be pestered by questions from law enforcement, sadly he knew lacking F.L.I. membership he didn't get away with a "I'll fill out the paper work later" like more official heroes, and he wasn't the type to leap away into the darkness either.

At least he was lucky that he recognized the girl who approached him in full STAR uniform. She went by the name Mercury and had dated Clark up until Ashley's untimely demise at during their Claremont years. She was essentially indestructible, even by super standards, but lacked any other real abilities. Though she permanently looked like she was made out of adamantium, which seemingly had also halted her aging, she lacked any real enhanced strength to make her a powerhouse.

She smiles at Clark and is about to enter into the typical interview process when El Peregrino challenge blurts out of her radio on her waist before she can get a word out.

"Who the hell is El Peregrino?!"

Ashley & Len

Danielle seems oddly apprehensive at Ashley's mention of a friend, and agrees to simply taking a cab to the airport and the helicopter that awaits her. She prepares to leave only after wrapping Sarah in a insulating blanket of rubber.

As soon as Danielle is gone and Rycon and Sauros begin their search in earnest for El Peregrino it doesn't take long to find him flying openly over the city spreading the message. As he pauses on a rooftop near a power station Rycon and Sauros appear behind him, he turns around . . .

Diego Torres

El Peregrino turns to see Sauros and Rycon waiting behind him . . .

Jake Wallace

Hope's eyes grow wide

"WAIT . . . ! WAIT . . . ! WHAT?!

You find out I'm essentially Space Satan, the anti-christ and super Hitler rolled into one and your first question to me is the most awkward proposal possible?

Oh my god, I can't tell if you're more like Ashley or Jill in this moment.

So my options are Death, living out the lifespan of the universe alone, and potentially powerless in another reality, starting a war between the US and Camelot or Marriage!?"

She collapses to the ground and lies on her back as if emotionally exhausted

"Oh, wouldn't that be hilarious, first question from Okay Magazine, 'how did you meet the King?' well I fell out of the sky in a big golden ball and hijacked his memories and the image of his dream girl so he wouldn't kill me on sight', oh and when they ask if I think I'm qualified to be Queen of Camelot, 'oh of course, I ruled a dimension spanning tyrannical empire for billions of years . . . as a dude', ugh . . . "

she sits up

"AND, to top all that off, you haven't even kissed me yet!"

she sighs and looks at the ground running her hand through her long ivory locks

"Death, War, Suffering or Marriage,"

she looks up half humerus half trying not to cry

"I guess I'd be a monster if I said no, or insane, or both . . ."

She looks out across the field

"If people find out what I am it won't just be villains who attack Camelot, heroes will too, a lot of people died in the Terminus Invasion, the Centurion was just one, they still have families, some of them, and admirers. If you married me you'd have to lie to the world or risk open war, maybe a world war. With the number of super humans in this world it might not be a war the world could survive. If we slipped up . . . millions, maybe billions would die . . .

I can't ask you for this . . ."

She tries to lighten the tone again

"And you still haven't kissed me."
    Loki Avatar by Me

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace

She had the reaction he had expected. He shakes his head as she lays out what her options are and calls him out for being so awkward. “Look! I’m acting like a guy stuck in a bad situation. I don’t want something to happen to you, and I sure as hell don’t want to force you into marriage, either.”

He throws up his hands in frustration. Though, he nearly laughs at the imagined interview. Wow, what a story, huh? She tells him that heroes will come to attack him if this gets out. She tells him things he already knows.

She says she can’t ask for this.

“Hope! Dammit. The thing is that you are my dream girl. Plan successful in that regard! More importantly is that as far as I can tell, you are a completely different entity than Omega. Even when you went robot for a minute, you mentioned protecting me and my friends. I, of all frakking people, can’t hold a previous incarnation against you.”

He searches for something eloquent… but he’s not thinking about his words very well right now.

“So I don’t give a sh** who disagrees with me. I gave you my word I'd protect you. MY WORD.”

He breaths in deeply. The next time he speaks, it's softer.

“Point is, you aren’t asking me for this.”

He glances over to her.

I’m asking you. Marry me.”

“Marry me.”

He kissed her. And although the situation was insane, he meant it.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #355

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley sighs quietly as Danielle declines and takes off by cab. She really wants the best for her cousin with all the turmoil that has happened these years. Ashley sometimes wonder if she herself is the biggest reason Danielle has been suffering. She's brought her cousin in so many situations it can be easy to state Ashley is the main issue. Either way, there isn't much more Ashley can do about her cousin. Right now they have an eagle to catch.

Ashley mounts Len as they fly through the air. Unlike Clark, Ashley hangs onto Len's dinosaur form for dear life as they do their best to follow Peregrine. It's only when the fool lands on the rooftop near a power station that they get a chance to speak to him. The soonest they touch ground, Ashley gets off Len and begins yelling at Diego. "Peregrine, what the hell are you thinking?!" She'd be ready to slap him had she and Len agreed to not go with violence. "Did you not get my meaning when I mentioned MetaSoul was burned to death? There was no proof on who did it, but you are going to get yourself killed meeting Prometheus. You don't even know if he'll be alone!" If she knew Prometheus as the trusting type, she wouldn't be so inclined to stop Peregrine. That however, is not the case.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ettin in the Playground

Diego Torres

Diego turns around and looks taken aback to encounter fellow heroes up here, but it only takes a moment before he breaks out a smile and waves. "Hola, amigos! What brings you to my casa in the sky?" He leans against the power station. He recoils as Ashley lands and goes aggressive.

"Hey, whoa whoa, hey, Sparky. Don't get your bragas in a twist!" He pulls himself up onto the powerstation, sitting crosslegged. He listens to her tirade, frown on his face, eyes hidden behind his helmet. "Maybe I didn't catch your meaning about him killing your friend, Sparky. Are you saying your meaning wasn't 'Hey, this guy is killing metahumans, including one we know, maybe we should stop him.' Because that's the impression I got." He stands, looking down at Ashley.

"I was there, chicka. I saw how much gets done in the big floating land of democratic democracy." He leans down on one knee, still looking down into Ashley's eyes. Anger edges into his voice with each syllable. "But unlike you, I'm also down here. I'm with the people I've sworn to protect, every day." He points to the street below. "And unlike you and the bigshot patrol, Sparky, I can't just stand by while people are getting beaten, broken, and killed." He stands, talons clenched.

"That's not how I operate, cobarde. I'm going to meet Prometheus, and have my say." Diego's harness activates, the hum of the jetpack a backdrop to his admonition. "And don't worry about me, Sparky. I've never met a confrontation I couldn't just fly away from." He floats a few feet into the air. "Adios." He blasts off as fast as possible, the shockwave from the sonic boom rattling the windows of any nearby buildings.
    Last edited by Phase; 2012-08-25 at 07:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

~ The King in the Light & The Queen in the Dark ~

Jake stumbled back in an instant on reflex. His every vein and artery felt like they were on fire and looking down at his hands he saw Omega's energy running through them beneath his skin, glowing through the flesh.

He fell to his knees as his throat and lungs constricted, looking up at Hope seeing those same eyes and hearing that same voice

"An Insurance Policy, Jake Wallace, First Of His Name, King Of Camelot,"

Jake's back arched in pain and his blood rushed so quickly he thought he would explode

"Should You Fail To Protect Omega, Mordred Will Not,"

Jake looked down at his chest and saw an Omega Symbol burning on his chest, but then, all at once, the pain was gone. He rose to his feet, looking the same head to toe and the empty Hope wrapped her arms around his shoulders as if they had just broken apart from their embrace. Hope's eyes faded back to normal and she seemed to think they had only stopped their kiss. She gave Jake a joyful and coy grin

"Yes!"

She kissed him again passionately, before saying with a smirk

"But I want a ring!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Jake going to go after Len or do personal damage control or what?
    Last edited by Raynn; 2012-08-25 at 07:14 PM.
    Loki Avatar by Me

28. - Top - End - #358
    Troll in the Playground

Jake Wallace
    The King in the Light

Stupid! He thought the trick would be whether Hope remained or not. He didn’t think that Hope would be completely unaware of any evil going on! In essence, Omega has a hostage. Try and backstab Omega, Hope gets it… and she, that personality, whatever, is (to him) an innocent victim. This new adversary knows everything about him. It knew he wouldn’t harm her. It knew the way he thinks. And now, it’s got him on a very unwanted leash.

Gritting his teeth through the agonizing pain, and found the strength to speak, growling out.

“You shouldn’t have done that.”

He stands, and before he could unleash his anger, the hostage is in the way. To her, she’s getting married. She has no idea what just happened. And Omega hid it from her… the mark on his chest was already gone.

There’s a split second of hesitation before he returns her smile. He’s excellent at hiding his thoughts. He returns her kiss, embraces her, and nods.

“Then a ring you’ll get. Of course, we should probably tell my folks soon. I don’t think they’d appreciate being left in the dark on this.”

He looks around.

“Isiah, it’s time to go.”

He needs to find Len, and he needs to find a mystic. Quickly. He has a plan to rid himself of Mordred once and for all.

Spoiler
    Show
    He'll ask about a mystic on his way out, then check in with Faith.
    Last edited by SuperCracker; 2012-08-26 at 11:17 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #359

Len Cope

"Wait!" Len yells after the departing Peregrine.

"Prometheus isn't the kind of foe you can take on alone!" he finishes, but Peregrine was already speeding away. He sighs and turns to Ashley. "That went well. C'mon." he motions for Ashley to get back on as he shifts back into his Pterosaur form and takes off after the fleeing superhero, hoping to once again catch up to him and talk some reason into Peregrine.
    Thog fan 4 life

30. - Top - End - #360

SwashbucklerGuy

Ashley Culdis

"Peregrine! ...Damn it." Ashley huffs at the failed attempt of talking sense into Peregrine. He may have had a point but it's not stopping him from being a total idiot. He's completely acting like Red One right now. "The guy really doesn't think we have our own lives to deal with," she says to herself and to Len in a frustrated tone. "...Alright. We'll go after him. However let's not push the subject here. Worst comes to worst we can try a different plan; there's still time before the meeting." Ashley gets on Len's Pterosaurous back and once again grips on for dear life. Though it is rather rude, she says quietly, "Oh what I wouldn't do for a proper saddle."