New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1475
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [FO:E] The Northern Wasteland of Equestria 1

Manehatten - Scav Post

Whadda shifts uncomfortably while waiting to see where Surprise and Fox got off to. Of course them being alone means absolutely no danger from a paranoid murder-bot. Oh look, Pink seems to be running from something.

And Pretty Pink runs straight out the door after passing Fox's battle saddle. She will never be seen again...

Or will she?
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Manehattan Scav Outpost]

"Oh nooooooo!" Surprise replies, her tone betraying horror and worry! She clasps her hooves to her cheeks dramatically! "We have to hurry and get out there to save your worldly possessions!"

Those are things that need saving, right?

Surprise gallops out of the room and off toward wherever Fox stored his things!

...well.

At least she would be if she were going in the right direction.

Instead she just leaped out of a window and into the street outside. What's that crazy pegasus up to?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post

"Oh nooooooo!" Surprise replies, her tone betraying horror and worry! She clasps her hooves to her cheeks dramatically! "We have to hurry and get out there to save your worldly possessions!"

Those are things that need saving, right? Surprise gallops out of the room and off toward wherever Fox stored his things! ...well. At least she would be if she were going in the right direction.

Instead she just leaped out of a window and into the street outside. What's that crazy pegasus up to?

Manehatten Ruins- Theater Row -Scav Post 3:54 PM

Fox Trot

What in the fudge? I peered at the window for a second and shook my head. Crazy mare. Whatever. I myself ran out the room and down back to the commons to make sure my things were still there in the corner and that no one else had tried to loot it.

4. - Top - End - #1114

Manehatten - Scav Post

There goes Pink. Here comes Fox! After seeing Fox appear from his failed getting some and successful not being robbed, Whadda comes right up to him. She'd stick by talking while they go check on his gear.

"Oh, I've got to get going. You know all the crazy stuff going on. Where'd Surprise go anyway? So you can talk to the good sergeant about more details but I might not be back right away.

So you met Pretty Pink did you?"

His gear's fine. Luckily everypony was distracted by things going on recently. Disco-ball pony finally comes to a rest after the ball runs into a corner.

Outside, Pink's putting some distance between her and the post. The guards are, as they have been solid for a while now, confused.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Fourstar Tower

Lucky gulps nervously when Swiss grins at him. Uh oh, what had he gotten himself into?

Flim and Flam exchange glances. "One moment please," they both state, before scurrying off to huddle together and whisper enthusiastically between each other.

A moment later, they return to Moondancer, grinning. "Miss Moondancer, we have a proposition for you," Flim states in a professional manner.

"We'll take 10% in exchange for use of the cart," Flam nods.

"And we'll also provide you with supplies from our own stock."

"Medical supplies, food, ammunition, equipment."

"In exchange for one healing talisman."

"Interested?" the two twins ask with sly grins.

---
    Manehatten - Scav Post

Sergeant Sprinkles just watches the going-ons silently. Surprise jumping out a window was business as usual for him.

---
    (Waiting on Violetta and optionally the rest of the team in Girdershade)
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

6. - Top - End - #1116

[Outside the Manehattan Scav Outpost]

Confusion seems to be the natural state of everypony when Surprise is about.

Speaking of Surprise!

She seems to have gotten distracted! What a surprise, right? Who would imagine that such a wonky pony would be so scatter-brained.

"Hi there," the cyberpony says as she trots toward this newest conversation partner. "I don't think we ever met before. I guess you're from Manehattan, right? I never spent much time here myself. Always had parties all around Equestria to throw!"

The pony skeleton laying in the gutter doesn't reply.

"I know what it's like to be sitting around in one place for a long time. Booooooring! But at least I still had Mister Sprinkles and the other computers to talk to. Kept me from going crazy!"
    Surprise says, sticking her tongue out of the side of her mouth and rolling her eyes comically.

Not a word from the heap of bones.

"I... just wanted to say that I'm sorry. It was kind of my fault that the zebras did this... If I had just taken that shot... if I hadn't hesitated... Then I don't think Pinkie would have lost her nerve," a small smile is offered to the skeleton. "So... I hope you can forgive me. I never imagined anything like this would happen..."

Is that a bony smile on the skull? All those pony skulls laying forlorn and forgotten. Smiling the rictus smile of death. Certainly not the smile Surprise wanted to bring to everypony's face.

The party pegasus gives a long sign and ties a bright blue balloon around the skeleton's hoof. There! Way more festive now.

[Fourstar Tower ==> Tenpony Tower]

A small smile tugs at the corners of Sour's mouth. They have four working talismans. The other two had been damaged when the unfortunate occupants of the armor had been killed. But even if they gave up one of them that would still leave them with three. And she has always been a sucker for being on good terms with other ponies. Call it old-world Harmony.

"Very well," a single talisman is levitated out of her saddle bag and toward the twins. "But one other point, if you will. We have quite a few guests as you can see and accommodations can be a tad spendy at Tenpony. Would you be willing to house one of my friends for the stay?"

Should the twins agree she'll levitate the crystal to them and release her magical grip on it. "You're getting the better end of this deal," she says with a demure smile. "But I believe helping you get out from under your uncle's hoof is a wise investment."

7. - Top - End - #1117
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Near Tenpony Tower]

Down stares at the structure, fluttering just above the rest of the group.
    Swiss seems to have flown up to her, but the pegasus isn't really paying much attention.

Distracted by an impending issue.
    "Might be a brief vacation..."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Fourstar Tower

Flim and Flam sport massive grins. "Oh thank you so much!" they both chime.

"We greatly appreciate this!" Flam exclaims.

"Yes, many possible applications," Flam babbles. "Just think of them!"

"Echanted armor, rapid-response medical service, perhaps Doctor Life Bloom would be interested..." Flam mutters furtively.

"We can't let Uncle Swindle know."

"Celestia's mercy, no!"

The two twin exchange sneaky looks, before looking back to Moondancer and smiling sincerely. "Thank you, Miss Moondancer," Flim nods.

"And yes, we have a single guest room," Flam observes.

"And a comfy sofa!"

"We were going to let Mister Lucky and Miss Gwendolyn have them."

"But I suppose..."

Flim and Flam both smirk at Lucky and Gwendolyn. "We're sure they won't mind sharing a bed," they both state in mischievous unison.

Lucky blinks a few times, before sighing. "Right. Bedroll on the floor. Sounds good to me," he deadpans.

---
    Manehatten - Scav Post

Sergeant Sprinkles watches Surprise silently. His optical sensors droop slightly as he observes her actions with the war-scorched corpse. A robotic gesture of sadness, it seems.

Can robots feel sorrow?

Hm...

9. - Top - End - #1119
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Girdershade - When In Rome, Do As The Romance]

"Well, I doubt you're my type anyway, so no offence is taken."

Violetta nodded at Fleetwing. "Exactly. You'll be on the move, and can't have a relationship with a mare who's staying here to mind the museum. Besides, you're not as actually desperate for her as Bucky is, right? You'll let her get with Bucky graciously, but Bucky will probably kill you for trying to get with her."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Girdershade

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Girdershade - More like SoDUH Fizz, amirite?]

"If you're gonna date anypony, date Bucky!" Fleetwing said quickly. "'Cause...'cause dating me wouldn't work 'cause I'm just visiting and passing through, and y'can't date a pony what ain't there." Ack, how the hay did he manage to pick up a pet name (and get himself in the running for "most eligible bachelor in Girdershade") amid all this? And come to think of it, was it Buck or Bucky?! If he'd been calling the stallion a cutesy name this whole time...

The pegasus groaned, getting fed up with this nonsense. Maybe Violetta had a point about over-complicating things; maybe it was time to fight foalishness with foalishness. "And y'can't date two ponies at once 'cause one of them'll feel left out. Say you...snort Sparkle Cola out your nose when you're with one of your dates. It'll be funny for you two, but your other date won't get the joke 'cause he weren't there. Then he'll feel sad and lonely while you two laugh it up. That don't sound like much fun, does it?"
    Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [Girdershade - When In Rome, Do As The Romance]

"Well, I doubt you're my type anyway, so no offence is taken."

Violetta nodded at Fleetwing. "Exactly. You'll be on the move, and can't have a relationship with a mare who's staying here to mind the museum. Besides, you're not as actually desperate for her as Bucky is, right? You'll let her get with Bucky graciously, but Bucky will probably kill you for trying to get with her."

Soda Fizz nods along thoughtfully as Fleetwing explains. "Yeah... I can see what you mean. That wouldn't be fair. Okay, one dating pony thingy it is, then. And I guess Bucky would be-"

And then Violetta says Bucky would kill Fleetwing for dating Fizz. "What?" the mare recoils back slightly. "W-why would Bucky do something like that? Fleety's not a bandit, he's just a nice pony! That wouldn't be very nice of Bucky... And I don't want to date a not-nice pony," she frowns.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Titan in the Playground

[Girdershade - Fleetwing Mac]

Fleetwing's next thoughts...were not fit to be narrated. Needless to say, it was a long, creative string of words that he would not want to befall either of these innocent mares' ears.

On the outside, he put on a strained laugh, not-so-subtly poking Violetta quiet. "No, no, did she said that? I don't think she said that. She said Bucky'd kill me if I dated you, y'know, 'cause he wants to date you so bad. Sorta like when you're really hungry, and you say 'Oh man, I'm starvin' to death over here', but you ain't really starving? It's just a lil' joke, she don't mean Bucky'd really do that." Although...was it too far from true? Were they really setting up Fizz, a genuinely nice, if incredibly naive, mare with a stallion so full of jealousy he'd kill to keep her to himself?

...nah, that was probably just Bucky going to extremes to spook folks. Like Old Pony Johnson back home, always shaking his rifle at the kids on his lawn, but never hurting a fly. If he really meant it, he'd probably be waiting outside to shoot his sorry flank dead as soon as he was out of view of Fizz's house!

Somehow, that wasn't very comforting.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

12. - Top - End - #1122

[Tenpony Tower]

It looms before them.

One of the last bastions of the old world left out here in the blasted wasteland. Though worn and battered by the relentless march of time Tenpony Tower is still in impressive condition. Then entrance yawns wide in front of our heroes, turrets and barricades set up just in case somepony tries something stupid. Considering that the trains used to come through here we're talking about a fairly large station here!

Plenty of room for poking about.

Swiss coughs rather loudly to get Down's attention. "So.... yeah. If you want in you'll have to give the guards your rifles. They'll even be taking Corn's armor since it's all pointy," the changeling explains. "But Sour has that recall spell of hers, remember? She casts it on our gear in case it gets stolen or whatever. She could use it on your guns and yoink them back real quick if something goes bad."

The changeling then offers a snaggle-toothed grin. "Not that anything will go bad. Like I said before, Tenpony is probably the safest place in the Wasteland."

Sour simply nods and heads toward the guards at the entrance! Would you look at that? Several ponies that live here! And with guests, too!

"I hope your friends aren't planning on making trouble again, Moondancer," a grizzled earth pony mare in ancient police barding speaks up as she trots out to meet everypony.

"They will be on their best behavior, believe me," the white unicorn replies simply.

"Sure hope so. Alright, you know the rules. We'll need all your weapons. They'll be kept under lock and key until you're ready to depart Tenpony," the guard explains.

Corn is already busying himself with the removal of his armor.

13. - Top - End - #1123
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Tenpony Tower (finally!)

Lucky stares up at the massive structure, rising like a war-scarred monolith into the overcast sky. "Huh. Neat..." the pegasus quickly observes.

"Do as she says," Flim whispers as he trots past Lucky.

"Standard procedure," Flam whispers to Gwendolyn as he follows his brother.

"Hi Miss Night!" the two twins cheerfully greet the guard, before handing over a box full of pistols and broken down long-arms - the armaments from their caravan.

Lucky shrugs, grabs his battle saddle from the brahmin, and flies over to join the twins. The pegasus sets the battle-saddle down on the ground, before he unslings his sniper rifle, removes the clip, and racks the bolt to eject the chambered round. He then passes the empty weapon to the security mare. "Here you go, ma'am," he respectfully nods.

14. - Top - End - #1124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Tenpony Tower]

The place is impressive, in the way anything in the Wasteland could be expected to be.
    But it...still just isn't the same, for Down, to what she has grown accustomed to seeing for "last remaining civilization".

But that isn't really what she's thinking about right now.
    Rather, Swiss and "Miss Night" are.

Wings and tail twitch about in a decidedly distraught manner, while she tries to accommodate for the changeling's logic.
    While it is true that she has that useful spell, it still isn't the same. There are still bigger risks. Still other...problems.

Another tail twitch.
    "I think I shall prefer to wait out here."
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #1125

[Manehattan - Tenpony Tower]

Swiss looks distraught. "Come on Down, please? Everything will be fine! I could remove the guns and the tail blade really easily if you want to stay inside that stuffy armor of yours. Don't stay out here all alone."

The changeling bites her lip. "You... aren't thinking of leaving while we're inside are you? You wouldn't leave without saying goodbye?"

That would be a terrible thing to do!

Meanwhile! The rest of TRSG! are busy hoofing over their weapons.

"What happened to that unicorn friend of yours?" Nightstick asks of Sour. And gives the Twins a nod as they greet her. "The really loud one."

Sour coughs slightly. "We parted ways some time ago. Though it would appear we've made quite the collection of pegasus in the mean time."

So many pegasus!

16. - Top - End - #1126
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Manehatten - Scav Post

There goes Pink. Here comes Fox! After seeing Fox appear from his failed getting some and successful not being robbed, Whadda comes right up to him. She'd stick by talking while they go check on his gear.

"Oh, I've got to get going. You know all the crazy stuff going on. Where'd Surprise go anyway? So you can talk to the good sergeant about more details but I might not be back right away.

So you met Pretty Pink did you?"

His gear's fine. Luckily everypony was distracted by things going on recently.
    Manehatten Ruins- Theater Row -Scav Post 3:55 PM

Fox Trot

I was glad to find my stuff alright. And then Whadda appeared. "Huh...yea, I met her...Anyways...what are you talking about? Leaving?"
    -----

Tenpony Tower

Previously, Gwendolyn rolled her eyes about the sharing a bed thing. Naturally.

She did the same and emptied out her weapons, she was hesitant to have The Splitter confiscated, but alas. She then recalled something. She nudged Lucky and whispered.

"I'm not quite sure what to do with the manticore cub..."

17. - Top - End - #1127
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Tenpony Tower

Lucky turns to listen to Gwendolyn, and frowns for a moment. "Um... Well, I guess honesty is the best policy..." he whispers.

The pegasus looks back at the security mare, and smiles politely. [Speech] "Excuse me, ma'am, but what is the tower's policy on pets? We recently picked up a little baby manticore, which has taken to viewing my griffin friend here as its mother. Would we be able to bring it into the tower with us, so long as we keep it contained and under a watchful eye?"

Flim and Flam both smile, and chime in. "It hasn't caused us any trouble," Flim observes.

"And we can keep it locked up in our penthouse," Flam suggests.

"We could actually bring it up with our supplies."

"None of the other residents would see it."

Lucky smiles hopefully at the mare.

He's also listening to the banter between Swiss and Down. That... could be problematic.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Swiss seems to be getting bothered by Down's inability to release her equipment.
    Maybe she should have foreseen that.

If anything, though, this seems to make Down seem even more antagonized.
    This seems to be a slightly deeper issue than "I like my things nearby".
    "I...can't."

What was once just defiance at being required to disarm, seems to be devolving into something worse. But short of what seems to be an abrupt psychotic break, the pegasus pulls herself together a bit, stopping her various nervous tics and composing herself.
    "I'm sorry. But I won't part with my suit, whole or part."
    Absentee Spirit

19. - Top - End - #1129

The mock-pegasus wriggles uncomfortably. There's no way she's going to go trotting off into that tower and leave one of her friends out here alone. That... just wouldn't be right. If nothing else she can drop into the tower later. But for now. "Hey everypony?" Swiss calls to the others. Eyes go up. "Down doesn't want to surrender her gear. So I'll stay out here to keep her company."

Rye gives the changeling an odd look. "Are you sure you're feeling okay...? You've been looking forward to meeting the DJ since forever."

Swiss grins back at her friend. "Yeah! It'll be fine. You all go inside and have some fun. I won't be going anywhere."

Meanwhile!

Nightstick grinds her teeth slightly. Manticore cub? Really? Uuugh... why does she have to deal with this nonsense...

"Alright. Fine. But it stays in the apartment. If that thing gets loose I'll toss it out of the nearest window I can find. Understood?"

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Troll in the Playground

Gwendolyn gave a small sigh of relief, that issue, dealt with, she walked back to the cub and ruffled his head gently.

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Tenpony

"Yay!" Flim and Flam both chime.

Lucky smiles, and tips his hat. "Thank ya, ma'am."

He then looks over his shoulder at the exchange between Swiss and Down. "Oh dear..."

The pegasus trots over to the join them, coughing to make his presence known. "Er, ladies? Might I make a suggestion?"

He lowers his voice, so that only Down and Swiss can here. "What if we tried the diplomatic route?" he whispers. "I mean, Down's a buckin' Enclave trooper. That's gotta have some clout and importance down here. It seems like they'd want to make a good impression for her, and not make things difficult for her. Alternatively, maybe ya can hand over the ammo or energy cells or whatever ya got fuelin' them guns," he shrugs.

"So, whatcha say? Shall we go over there, an' I can try to explain why makin' the Enclave happy would be a smart investment by Tenpony in the long run?" he quietly asks Down. "Nothin' ventured, nothin' gained..."

22. - Top - End - #1132
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Manehatten - Outside Tenpony]

Down boggles at Swiss a bit.
    It's probably technically hard to tell, but the somewhat rigid body posture and the rather direct facing implies the bafflement easily enough.

"Why?"
    This seems silly! From everything she understands here, there should be very little reason Swiss would want to stay out here with Down.
    Misses out on the DJ, misses out on feeding from her friends, misses out from being with her friends at all, stuck out here from supposed civilization.
    "...no. Go with your companions."

Lucky to the rescue?
    Although not in a manner that Down seems incredibly confident about.
    "Only have the one spark battery..."
    Technically speaking, ammo-wise, she's most disarmed as it is already. A point that seems to be making very little difference in the "just give up your weapons" department of her mind.

"I'm not sure why you care either, Mister Break, but if you would like to try. By all means."
    Absentee Spirit

23. - Top - End - #1133

Scav Post - Manehatten

"Oh, just for a little bit. Next couple of days at least. I'll try and radio in to the post to see if you're still here or find out where you've gone. Like I said Sprinkles should be able to tell you more."

She looks like she's about to start leaving, but then decides to stay really fast for one more thing. Whadda plants a small peck of a kiss on Fox's cheek. All the calling her cute and stuff might just be getting the stallion in 'trouble'. "Take care."

And she begins to walk out the door and into the wastes. Destination, one of the biggest Ranger outposts in teh region.
    Last edited by MCerberus; 2012-11-09 at 10:04 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Troll in the Playground

Scav Post - Manehatten

"Oh, just for a little bit. Next couple of days at least. I'll try and radio in to the post to see if you're still here or find out where you've gone. Like I said Sprinkles should be able to tell you more."

She looks like she's about to start leaving, but then decides to stay really fast for one more thing. Whadda plants a small peck of a kiss on Fox's cheek. All the calling her cute and stuff might just be getting the stallion in 'trouble'. "Take care."

And she begins to walk out the door and into the wastes. Destination, one of the biggest Ranger outposts in teh region.

Manehatten Ruins- Theater Row -Scav Post 3:57 PM

Fox Trot

I couldn't help but smile a little at the peck on the cheek, a little surprised. "Hey....you'll be okay right? I mean..yea, you're a tough gal, but still."

25. - Top - End - #1135

Manehatten - Scav Post

With Fox's smile reaction, Whadda has to quickly look away, like she's hiding her own reaction. "Oh, well I know the path there well enough, and I'm sneaky. Not as sneaky as Surprise... but if I had crazy super-powers I'd just poof there."

Sans any more conversation from the two party members present or interception by Surprise, Scoops would head out.
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1136
    Troll in the Playground

Manehatten - Scav Post

With Fox's smile reaction, Whadda has to quickly look away, like she's hiding her own reaction. "Oh, well I know the path there well enough, and I'm sneaky. Not as sneaky as Surprise... but if I had crazy super-powers I'd just poof there."

Sans any more conversation from the two party members present or interception by Surprise, Scoops would head out.
    Manehatten Ruins- Theater Row -Scav Post 3:57 PM

Fox Trot

"Alright...well, you better get back in one piece. I still owe ya those Sparkle Colas and coffees,"
    Wink. I smiled and waved her off as she walked away.

27. - Top - End - #1137
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Tenpony Tower

Lucky smirks at Down and gives a small shrug when she remarks on why he cares. "Eh. Complicated answer. Short of it is that I'm too nice for my own good..."

The pegasus then looks back over at the guard, and ponders for a moment.

Tough as nail, rugged, professional... Better to be blunt and to the point, rather than dance around the issue. Clearly she takes her job seriously, so attempted bribery would just result in broken teeth. She seems like a rather tough gal, so if he intends to flirt, being cutesy would be stupid. He would need to be very careful, very witty, and... very awesome.

"Alright, lemme see if I can work something out..." he mutters, before trotting over to speak with the security mare.

[Speech][Lady Killer][Be Awesome!]"Excuse me, but I got a question," Lucky tells her in a warmly casual yet not impolite manner, since she'd probably be annoyed or dismissive of overly-polite meekness. He keeps his posture relaxed and confident, rather than submissive or timid, so show he's no weenie. He jerks his head back in a gesture towards Down. "I'll just skip to the point. That gal is with the Grand Pegasus Enclave. She wants to come in, but her power armor's weapons aren't detachable. Not without major modifications, which are probably dangerous and against Enclave regulations. The best she can do is fork over the MEW's charge packs. Are there any ways for her to get special permission to come in without stripping her weapons? Official paperwork we can fill, talk to your superiors or a tower representative, buy you a few rounds of whiskey, pay some sort of fine, anything at all?" he asks with a shrug, giving her a small, warm smile with the whiskey remark but not being overtly flirty or otherwise giving a 'I'm tryin' to bribe you!' impression. He glances back at Down, then back at the guard. "Plus, Tenpony Tower could benefit from helpin' her out. Knowin' the Enclave, she'll probably have to file reports after she gets back. I figure that if she has good stuff to say about Tenpony Tower, the Enclave might take an interest and be willin' to open up communications or do business or something," he muses offhandedly.

28. - Top - End - #1138

When Down expresses her bafflement Swiss replies with nothing more than a sad smile. "Because every time I've let one of my friends run off on their own something horrible has happened. Either you're coming in with us or I'm staying out here with you."

And that's that.

Lucky addresses Nightstick!

The security mare sets her mouth and gives Lucky an unreadable look as he makes his case. When she's sure that he's done she says in a level tone, "I'm not allowed to make exceptions. All I can do is send word to the ponies in charge and let them decide. We've let an armed pony in here before, Steel Hooves. But that guy's a legend. The Enclave isn't quite as popular. What with them hiding Celestia behind that damn cloud layer."

Bit of an edge to her voice. Seems she's one of those ponies that believe Celestia is the sun.

"She'll have to wait out here until a decision is made. The rest of you are free to come in. Or not. I don't give a buck either way."

One never knows when one may be intercepted by Surprise.

Case in point. Once Scoops has trotted out of sight Foxtrot will hear an exuberant, "HEY FOXY!" from right behind him. Should he turn he'll find the cybrog standing in his personal space wearing a huge grin. "I found a console I can plug into! Go grab your stuff and we can have a 'Sitting around with machines attached to our heads' party!"

That is by far one of the best kinds of parties. Right up there with a 'I sure am glad you didn't get murdered by zebra ninjas!' party.

[Toward Bucklyn Cross]

This?

This is a dangerous trek. There are several Raider nests dotting the ruins of Manehatten. Not to mention a number of gangs, wild monsters, feral ghouls, and the occasional irritating spritebot. Will Scoops make it through the desolation unharmed?

Stay tuned to find out!

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Manehatten - Outside Tenpony Tower

Lucky tips his hat to the mare. "Thank you. My apologies for the trouble."

He turns and trots back over to Down and Swiss, and gives a small sigh. "Well, good news and bad news. The good news is, Down might be able to come in. Bad news is, she has to wait out here until they make a decision, and there's no telling how long that'll take. Sorry Miss Down, but it's the best I could do," he shrugs, looking a bit disappointed.

He looks back at the rest of the group for a moment, then looks back at Down with a contemplative expression. After a moment, he sits down, and gives her a cheerful smile. "I can keep you company, if you'd like. No sense in leavin' you out here all alone and bored." He looks to Swiss, and smiles. "And no sense in splittin' you and your team up, especially since you had things to do." His smile then fades slightly, and he gets a serious look in his eyes. "Also, would you kindly inform the DJ, when you see him, that I have some information he might be very interested in. Information on Celestia's Legion, and what happened in Old Appleloosa," he quietly tells the pegasus-changeling.

"Oh, Miss Gwendolyn?" he waves at his griffin companion. "If I stay out here, could you please see if there's a doctor who can fix me up, and a tailor who can help me repair the jacket?" he cheerfully asks her.

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

I'm not your friend.

How could Down be a proper friend with Swiss so soon?
    Hard to be friends with someone you know little about.

Although she suspects she knows more about Swiss, than vice versa.
    Changeling's...disturbingly open.

This is going to be a pain. She just knows it.

There's the sound of a sigh and she waves a hoof about.
    "More than we had a moment ago, Break. I guess I'll wait for the decision. If a no, then nothing lost. If yes, then...alright then.
    No one needs to babysit me. I can amuse myself for a few minutes, without something horrible happening."

Comparatively...
    Absentee Spirit