New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 50 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282944 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Bugbear in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

Soul Society
    Recon Headquarters

Calvin nods once and moves to leave. He wasn't exactly disappointed, but he did wish that he had something important he could do. He felt sick to his stomach thinking about this emergency, and he needed to do something about it.

He didn't rush as he traveled through the building this time, walking slower and looking at the people around him as he passed by. He was watching carefully to see how everyone was responding to this, trying to get a feel for the atmosphere of the Soul Society right now. He wasn't delaying or avoiding his duty. Just taking his time.

It wouldn't be too unexpected for any visitors to Recon Headquarters to bump into him.
    The Ishka wiki. Check it out people, it's a cool little city.

My memorial spoiler. Please give a moment of silence for those who have died.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Gary Gygax.
    1938-2008

Lord Shojo
    266-407

Miko Miyazaki
    120-464

Therkla
    484-593

Thanh
    511-827

Durkon Thundershield
    001-877

2. - Top - End - #542
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (City Park)

One of the Medusa's tendrils moves to intercept the ray of fire, the snake-head hissing in pain but leaving the rest of the Medusa unaffected. Similarly, two more of the tendrils cross over her front to defend against further attacks, such as Natsuki's Seele Scheider. Two more tendrils lash out as Natsuki attempts to close to melee range, the snakeheads snapping at her legs. At the same time, the main Medusa's face attempts to lock its gaze on Natsuki's body as she approaches, and Natsuki may just feel her body start to stiffen.

There seems to be no reaction from the brush where the little boy presumably hid, despite the fact that nearby the snake monster is fighting with two of Miya's classmates.

(Downtown Rooftops)

The avian hollow ducks and weaves through the alleys as Tamaki maneuvers for a better position. It moves faster now, zipping past building after building with ease. It shoots out of the alleyways onto the main street in an attempt to go after its prey, swooping after Naito again, this time in evasive maneuvers. The hollow also attempts to angle its descent so that any stray bullets from Tamaki might hit pedestrians instead, in another attempt to dissuade Tamaki from attacking so it can acquire its meal.

3. - Top - End - #543

Default Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: She now thinks it's a dream.

[Mortal World]
    City Park

Miya, having given up trying to lure the boy out of there (who knows if it's really safer outside the bush than inside the bush?) stands up straight and sighs. "Oh, well. If that's what you want..."

She turns around and gages the distance of the battle from her. Now that she has a good look of the battle, she gasps! and recognizes a face there. Hey, aren't those girls from school? One of the faces is sort-of familiar. What's her name, though? Miya doesn't know.

She reaches down to grab a rock...but, wait, if she throws a rock at that Indian snake woman thing, then she might hit someone else, too...Miya drops the rock immediately, trying to think what she could do to help. Maybe she could throw a kick?

Miya starts to inch towards the battle.

Soul Society
    Some indeterminate amount of Time later...

Peredur, now healed from the poison and the Hollow attacks, returns to the Academy.

At another time, the next day

Suou wakes up (finally), prepping herself for the day crammed with training.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #544
    Troll in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Park

Hataru drops out of a tree next to Miya. "I know, tempting to jump in isn't it? But on the other hand, I'm really curious about how those two were planning on dealing with this thing. Don't meet many people who can see these things like I can. Oh I'm sorry, where are my manners. My name is Hataru." He holds out his hand.
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2013-05-05 at 01:05 AM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

5. - Top - End - #545
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Park

Natsuki frowned at the block, dodging away slightly to avoid the snake bites- and he eyes widening as her muscles started stiffening up. The Quincy immediately formed a platform of Reishi under her feet, using it to propel her to the side and hopefully out of the gaze of the snake.

Meanwhile, Hinata drew her sword, holding it in one hand as she noticed the pair of onlookers. "Hiya!" Another arrow of flame shot its way towards the Hollow, aimed directly at its face- this time, the Substitute was aiming to either distract or injure it, as her sister had obviously reacted for some reason when the Hollow's gaze focused on her- Wait, didn't I hear something about a Greek myth like this once? What was it...

Shaking it off, Hinata ran in an arc towards the pair, keeping an eye on the beast. "It's not safe here, guys!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #546
    Ogre in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Spirit Academy - Chief Instructor's dojo

Sawada merely shakes his head, moving back inside to wait for the Logistic Division's men to arrive and collect the wild child. He says nothing, excusing himself when the team arrives swiftly to collect the wounded Shinigami.

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I - Main Grounds

Sawada paces the floor of the Grand Sorcerer Chambers, small displays floating about him displaying autopsy reports and video feeds from the mortal world via Tamaki's watch. He sends a Hell Butterfly to Yumiko and Alice before calling forth a few blue prints for the new temple grounds.

[Soul Society]
    Logistics and Medicine

Sawada moves through the Log and Med grounds, three large folders in hand as he searches for Captain Li's gardens. She had after all asked to see the end results when they had them and he was certain she would find the answers interesting.

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Alchemical Gardens

Eventually, Sawada can find the three greenhouses Li uses for growing alchemical ingredients halfway between Ho-ou Monastery and the central warehouses. They look like they've always been there, but they sure as Hell weren't there yesterday. The pavement on the road leading there is cracked, as if something immensely heavy recently tread upon it.

As Sawada approaches, a glistening blue Hell Butterfly flutter to him. "Good morning, Yasunobu-san. I presume you are here for the reports. You can find me in greenhouse 3." Once the sorcerer gets in, he'll find Li dressed in a new, clean Haori, looking mostly like nothing happened - save for a respirator mask covering the elder's face, and bandages covering Li's left hand, briefly seen as the elder pours some steaming liquid from one vial to another.

"I apologize beforehand for my voice", Li rasps. "I'm still suffering from mild fever and a clogged throat due to what happened yesterday. So, what did you find out regarding Sabitsura-san's Shikai?"

The air inside the greenhouse is uncomfortably moist and warm. It's also pretty dark inside, as the darkened panels only let portion of the sunlight in. The gardening benches around the two officers seem to filled with various forms of lichen, mosses and fungi. Some of the taller specimens seem to sway their stalks towards Sawada, like antennaes of bugs. Few eeriely appear to have eyes, even.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

8. - Top - End - #548
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: [BiTPR2] Bleach in The Playground: Renewed Revolution Thread I

[Soul Society]
    S.S.I. - Senior Researcher offices - Grand Sorcerer Chambers

Amidst a collection of reports, files, diagrams and furniture from nearly a dozen decades, Senior researcher Alice Ruggles sits behind a small desk, calmly sipping a cup of fresh tea as a pair of junior colleagues interrupt each other in presenting their findings.

"...Focus on the climatic effects on Hollow psycholo-"
    "-Ridiculous, the cause of the subject's abilities and the toxin itself-"

The researchers stop their arguments as Sawada's Hell Butterfly enter the office and reaches the senior researcher. Looking quite intrigued, the red-clad Shinigami stands and smiles at her subordinates.

"My apologies, the research is crucial, but I am summoned and delaying may cost effectiveness. Lóng, Bouchard, both are important, but remain focussed on Hollows until we get better intel on the student. I'll see if we get permission to study the causes soon."

giving a polite nod at the two, Alice skips through the office to follow the directions of the Hell Butterfly to Sawada's chambers, leaving the two to argue about the most important aspect of the Hollows to investigate first.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

9. - Top - End - #549

[Mortal World]
    Downtown

Naito stumbles as he feels the powerful wind from the Hollow's first pass at him nearly bowl him over. He trips over an uneven section of the sidewalk and falls to his knees, looking around in bewilderment. He is unable to find the source of the wind, however, as the Hollow has already dived into a nearby alleyway to avoid Tamaki's bullets. Pushing himself to his feet, Naito is just in time to regain his balance before the Hollow swoops in and snatches him off of the ground.

What in...
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (City Park)

This time the Medusa ducks low, the flaming arrow passing above its head, between the various coils of snakes. When the arrow has just cleared, the Medusa leaps into the air in an impressive upside-down flip, its snakeheads suddenly extending to launch at both sisters with their vicious fangs. This thing was no ordinary hollow. It knew how to fight, knew how to move, knew how to adapt. But it's mostly an attempt to keep them moving, to give them less time to aim their attacks and focus while it instead focuses it once again locks its petrifying gaze...

...on Hataru.

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Park

"Oh, is that how it is then?" Hataru grabs his necklace and rips it off, the rings clinking to the ends of the chain, then the whole thing flashing with white light. The chain thickens and lengthens, turning into a spear haft. One ring transforms into a two-pronged blade, the other into a metal fist. He looks at Miya. "F***'in watch this." He charges at the Hollow, spinning his weapon, then turning a full pirouette and swinging the fist-end like a golf club, hitting a rock with the full momentum of his sprint and spin, sending the projectile into the Hollow's ugly face.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    [Mortal World]
    Park

"Oh, is that how it is then?" Hataru grabs his necklace and rips it off, the rings clinking to the ends of the chain, then the whole thing flashing with white light. The chain thickens and lengthens, turning into a spear haft. One ring transforms into a two-pronged blade, the other into a metal fist. He looks at Miya. "F***'in watch this." He charges at the Hollow, spinning his weapon, then turning a full pirouette and swinging the fist-end like a golf club, hitting a rock with the full momentum of his sprint and spin, sending the projectile into the Hollow's ugly face.
    [Mortal World]
    (City Park)

With its serpentine coils attempting to handle the sisters, the Medusa's actual arm whips around and backhands the rock out of thin air. Apparently the rock does not impress it, and the Medusa attempts to continue its locked gaze on Hataru.

Elsewhere...

"Three opponents against one, with at least two more potential threats in the area. The other two experiments remain at acceptable threat levels for now."

"Now to test countermeasures."

Back at the park...

Anyone with the capability to sense hollows should sense another presence appearing. Launching from the brush behind the twins is a man-sized quadraped hollow resembling a large dog, except it was also on fire. Letting out an unearthly roar, the hound hollow bounds towards its prey and starts to lunge at Hinata.

13. - Top - End - #553
    Troll in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Park

Using that momentary break in it's sight line, Hataru vaults off a bench, then a trash bin, then pulls himself into a tree, runs along a branch, and makes a flying leap at the Hollow, aiming his spear at it's back with all his weight and momentum behind it.

14. - Top - End - #554

OrcBarbarianGuy

Mortal World
    City Park

Well, this is just fantastic. Ryuu thinks. This appears to be in order... I wish I could observe longer though.

He checks his hollow radar again, and dashes off for the downtown.

Downtown

Ryuu pops onto another rooftop, staring down at the battle between the hollow and the red... person. Tamaki. He was one of the people Sawada sent him to observe.

Well. He would do so.

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Jou Asura

She saw instructor Sato carrying Tarriz there was a small part of her that hoped he was punished for his behavior at a time like this, before immediately feeling guilty about being so petty and moving back to her work.

And finally back to her dorm room for a rest later in the evening, Captain Li had mentioned that they would speak to her later ... but she knew the captain likely had more pressing matters then talking to her.

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz

The student was angry at the instructor - he had been training to relieve tension, the next time he was in danger he promised himself he would be stronger, after all clearly you could not rely on the instructors to protect you or anyone else for that matter.

"What is your problem" he snapped at the instructor before collecting himself "sorry sir, what is the problem".

[Soul Society]
    (Shin'ō Academy - Head Instructors Dojo)

Sho Sabitsura

She was aware when the medical team collected her, ever if only in a general sense ... the mastery of pain would be a slow process but her focused power would eventually expel the intruders if given time, still she was unaware of the passage of time when the operation began and finished.

The tranquilsers were burned off in a fairly short manner keeping her aware as they cut into her to extract the invaders ... she should be grateful but feeling the scalpel reminded her of something which she could not place her finger on ... something that terrified her.

When the operation ended hours later and she was bandaged up she was too weak to even move and fell into a deep sleep.
    Last edited by dancrilis; 2013-05-05 at 05:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #556
    Troll in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Academy

Sato takes Tarriz to his office. "Sit down son." Sato sits behind his Brobdingnagian desk. "Tarriz, I turn a blind eye to many of your...activities here. A little hardship does people good, motivates them to improve themselves to overcome it. But when you cannot keep your passions in check at extremely inappropriate times, it becomes a problem. We've had enough problems today, don't you think?"

17. - Top - End - #557
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Downtown

While the beast had better agility in the air Tamaki had the edge in maneuverability. After all, he was a giant monster trying to move in cramped areas. This allowed Tamaki to at least keep the Hollow in his sights. However it had displayed a level of intelligence that other beast that he had occasionally seen didn't have.

Seeing the beast head for Naito again Tamaki timed his jump and leapt off of a building, however he did not leap towards the beast. Instead he leapt at a taller building. Using the traversing technique he had been using to get around Tamaki landed on the building and increased it's elasticity to many times more than he usually did and prepared himself. Pushing off the building Tamaki was off like a shot and high speeds. His trajectory was aimed at where the avian Hollow would have to go in order to grab Naito like it seemed to want to. As he did so he clenched left hand and the Adjudicator sprung to life, trying to plunge the blade of spiritually energy into the beasts back.

18. - Top - End - #558

[Mortal World]
    City Park

Miya was about to shake Hataru's hand, but then the battle continues. "I'm Tsukamoto," she says, before watching him run off to the battle.

Heeding her classmate Hinata's advice, Miya the martial artist backs off from the battle a couple of paces. After all, there's swords and people turning to stone and snake ladies from India and flame arrows and little hiding boys and now flaming dogs...that's it!

Everything starts to make sense now.

It's all a dream. It has to be. After meeting with her Spirit Mother, Miya's mind recoiled at night from having much of her beliefs shattered in one night, and it started trying to make sense of it all during the night. This battle's probably a symbol of school or something, with people she vaguely remembers and snakes and stuff.

That has to be right...right?

Whatever the case, Miya definitely does not want to die in this dream. She heard once that, if you die in a dream, you really do die in real life, but of a heart-attack or something.

And if she dies right now, nobody would find her for days, until the neighbors complained about the bad lawn, and Miya would get a bad afterlife and would be separated forever from her mother and...

She shakes herself from her line of thought and crouches behind a tree in a fetal position, holding her mother's heart-shaped amulet very tightly in her hands. "Please wake up," she tells herself. "You have to wake up right now."
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Las Noches, Palacio of the Tercera

Wakahisa Daiki had asked to be alone in the wake of recent events. His Fraccion respected that wish, and had left the Tercera to his own devices- only interrupting to say that a meeting of the Espada was scheduled.

The Tercera knew full well what this would be about. Dainichi Nyoria was dead. Long live the King.

But... Daiki's loyalty had been to Dainichi. Could he serve Jehoel after the Primera- Not Primera any more, I suppose- had killed the King who had given him back reasoning and humanity?

On the other hand... right now, he was not prepared, and neither were his Fraccion. As such...

Wakahisa Daiki stood, and vanished in a burst of Sonido, taking several quick jumps.

Heading to the Palacio of the Primera.

He would listen to Jehoel's reasons.

And his plans.

[Mortal World]

The Hollow's attempt to keep the twins occupied... was unfornately for it, not exactly working as planned. True, Natsuki wasn't able to close in for more close-up attacks.

But Hinata? Two timesshe had a chance, and both times a hand was once more pointed at the Hollow. A cry of "Hiya!" echoed through the grove. And another fire arrow shot at the medusa. Oh, they weren't as... precisely aimed. But neither were wild shots, and both were timed so there was no chance of hitting any of Hinata's allies for this fight- or the admittedly cute girl-

Gah! Focus, Hinata-

Hinata's self-admonishment was cut off by the growl. And the Hollow charging at her, a charge that Hinata only avoided due to Natsuki grabbing her on the way past, having used another platform to move quickly and save her sister. "Dammit sis, you need to stay focused! ...I'll try and keep that hound Hollow occupied, you and the punk take on the Medusa, okay?"

"A-alright. Good luck."

A nod, and the two girls turn, facing their respective opponents.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

20. - Top - End - #560
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

[Mortal World]
    (City Park)

The Medusa has little trouble keeping up with Hataru's movements, though it cannot stand in one place and hope to avoid all of the incoming attacks. Hinata's fire arrows each strike a serpent, one of the many serpents being struck in the head and disintegrating to ash, though there are still more where that came from. Other snakes are struck in the side and writhe in agony, but are still a danger. The Medusa slightly back, in a movement that seems like a very slight Shunpo, though that couldn't possibly be right. It almost seems to be trying to direct the combat away from Miya. Hataru's spear hits dirt where the hollow was just moments ago, and now he's in the middle of the entangled mess that is the serpents. The snakes all quickly withdraw their attack on the twins and circle back, attempting to bite at Hataru from multiple angles. The Medusa once again continues to try and lock its gaze on the boy to try and slow him down.

The hellhound, because there really is no better word than a demonic, immolated ghostdog, bites at air as one twin grabs the other out of the way, the grass where it steps already turned to ash. It should occur to those facing it that a beast of living (or unliving) fire in the middle of a park could escalate very quickly. As if to accentuate that, the hound turns its maw towards the twin facing her and breathes out a streaming blast of fire.

(Downtown Rooftops)

The avian hollow snaps up Naito in its talons, risking the possibility of its attacker coming in for a strike. But just as Tamaki's blade looks to find its mark, the avian hollow flips mid-air, Naito in its talons, and flaps its wings, letting loose a flurry of sharp wind blades at Tamaki.

(Pier)

The serpentine heads hold back, and as Kenzan waits impatiently for them to strike, the ground beneath him starts to give. It's not collapsing, but almost melting. "What the...?" Only now does he notice the othe shadow beneath him, and it might be too late as his feet are now caught in what used to be the boardwalk but now appears to have the consistency of quicksand. Large, jagged spikes sprout around him and start to close in on their prey, and Kenzan starts to wonder if he bit off more than he could chew.

Miko stands far away and above Kenzan's plight on a bench near the floodwall, watching the debacle. Fortunately, Cutie Pie had just been fed yesterday, and wasn't hungry at all. Still she found herself apathetic to the outcome of the conflict below. She didn't know or care about the boy being dragged under, and she had no intention of getting in the way of the giant hollows.

[Soul Society]
    (Recon Division HQ)

Kiba finds his way to Captain Hikaru, having given enough time for his temper to settle down. "Hikaru," he greets gruffly. For some reason there were only three people Kiba bothered to address by their titles. The Captain-Commander, the Kenpachi, and Captain Li. For everyone else he referred to them by name. It had been the exact same even when he was an unseated. "I need info on possible infiltration techniques. The hollows that attacked the academy didn't Garganta in, and they weren't caught by any patrols. The one patrol that should have encountered them found themselves on the other side of Soul Society. I need to know how that's possible."

(SSI Archives)

Altogether, Yumiko had two, maybe three hours total sleep between working through the night, collapsing into her own paperwork, and waking up to the sound of the hell butterfly summoning her. She hastily grabs her clipboard, and two notebooks, and a light romance novel that she stashes away in case she gets a moment to herself, and whatever other papers or documents the Grand Sorcerer might request or need, as well as several completely irrelevant documents in her haste, and scrambles out the door, tripping several times before she arrives.

21. - Top - End - #561

[Mortal World]
    Downtown

Naito, upon being flipped into the air, actually doesn't seem all that surprised or scared by his present predicament. Instead, he has only a blank look on his face, most likely shock or confusion. He doesn't even struggle against the avian Hollow, simply remaining passive in its talons and allowing himself to be swung around by the motion of flight.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo]
    Quinto Palacio

It was an odd place. Where the other palaces stood towering as regular buildings, the Palacio de la Quinta rose in tiers, like a pyramid rising eternally into the sky. The very top appeared to brush the sky, and in fact, it did. A huge glass room at the very top of the pyramid gave the Quinta a commanding view, and it, among all the other buildings in Las Noches, broke through the top of the false sky, allowing access to the dark beauty of Hueco Mundo.

Tinja yawned and stretched as she awoke, sensing the sudden power flux emanating from the city even without the aid of her Pesquia. She rubbed her eyes, and then focused on her Pesquia...and blinked. She blinked again, and then a feral grin split her pretty face.

Oh Jehoel, Jehoel. My, my. It seems we have a new king. I suppose he will want to meet with us to blabber about something or other.

A low-ranked Fraccion approached to inform her that Azmus had been by looking for her.

Already? What a wonderfully hard worker. It would be such a shame to disregard his efforts and avoid the meeting, so I suppose I should attend.

She motioned to a pair of her higher ranked Fracciones and began leisurely Sonido-ing her way towards the district of the Primera, chatting with her Fracciones as she went.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

23. - Top - End - #563
    Troll in the Playground

[Mortal World]
    Park

"Oh this can't be good." Feeling himself stiffen up, Hataru dismisses his spear and grabs one snake, forcing it's neck into the mouth of another.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Mortal World Downtown

Tamaki's eyes widened as Naito was scooped up and the Hollow rapidly flipped in mid air. Thankfully the Red Joker armor provided some protection, but admitidly not as much as Tamaki would like as he could feel the weaker sections of his armor give way, leaving him multiple slash wounds. Angling the rest of his slowed decent Tamaki does his best to take advantage of how close he is to the Hollow and his new positioning to fill it with spiritually powered plasma-like bullets from the right arm Plasma Vulcans. At this close range hit civilians would almost be a non issue.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2013-05-06 at 03:05 PM.

25. - Top - End - #565
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    [Soul Society]
    Alchemical Gardens

Eventually, Sawada can find the three greenhouses Li uses for growing alchemical ingredients halfway between Ho-ou Monastery and the central warehouses. They look like they've always been there, but they sure as Hell weren't there yesterday. The pavement on the road leading there is cracked, as if something immensely heavy recently tread upon it.

As Sawada approaches, a glistening blue Hell Butterfly flutter to him. "Good morning, Yasunobu-san. I presume you are here for the reports. You can find me in greenhouse 3." Once the sorcerer gets in, he'll find Li dressed in a new, clean Haori, looking mostly like nothing happened - save for a respirator mask covering the elder's face, and bandages covering Li's left hand, briefly seen as the elder pours some steaming liquid from one vial to another.

"I apologize beforehand for my voice", Li rasps. "I'm still suffering from mild fever and a clogged throat due to what happened yesterday. So, what did you find out regarding Sabitsura-san's Shikai?"

The air inside the greenhouse is uncomfortably moist and warm. It's also pretty dark inside, as the darkened panels only let portion of the sunlight in. The gardening benches around the two officers seem to filled with various forms of lichen, mosses and fungi. Some of the taller specimens seem to sway their stalks towards Sawada, like antennaes of bugs. Few eeriely appear to have eyes, even.
    Sawada moves through the green houses, not seeming to be perturbed by the shifting architecture, taking a seat once he finally finds the Captain. He opens his kimono with the humid air, even letting his hair down as he looks about. "Yes, it's your fault you're ill. Think nothing of it." He waves a hand in the air as if to dismiss the apology. "I'm afraid it's not good news in that front however. It seems that her blood is the source of the...a virus is not the right word for it. It is a spiritual toxin of sort. She must be immune much like a snake or other venomous mortal world creature. We are working on something to negate it but I'll need some time to study her."

Sawada glances around the green house, taking note of his surroundings. "But we do not need to speak about such gloomy things do we? I will hand pick a team to solve this problem in case the little lunatic goes rogue. After all...that is what the S.S.I is here for. There is more to discuss though yes? Such as reorganizing the Gotei? That will not be a popular choice among the nobles I think. Especially from someone who is not the Commander Captain. Or was our last talk about or dear leader about replacing her? I'll support you." He smirks, finally glancing back at Li.

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ettin in the Playground

Li gives a puzzled look at Sawada, the vials steaming in Li's hands. "That's all you have to say about the matter? That it's a toxin? I'm disappointed, Yasunobu-san. I was hoping you would fill me in on the long-term effects of..."

Li falls silent as Sawada changes the subject to reorganization of Gotei. "That is not a subject I called you here to discuss", the elder replies, turning attention back to the vials. "I'm going to discuss with Sparrow-soutaichou later today. I expect she will call a new Captain's meeting afterwards. Hopefully, this time everyone will attend it."

As Sawada took the only chair around, Li limps to a nearby workbench and places the vials in a holder. The vial on the left is slowly turning into something... green. For a moment, it looks like something is swimming in it, but then the liquid settles.

"As far as Sabitsura-san is concerned, I doubt she will go rogue. She is anti-social, yes, but fairly high-functioning. Once properly indoctrinated, she will make a great weapon against Hollows. Or do I have to remind you what happened to the last kid from Rukon whose aura killed everyone close to him?"

27. - Top - End - #567
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Academy)

Kanomi Tarriz

"Yes" the boy snapped "more then enough hardship, hollows on the ground killing people - and a bloody mass murderer killing the survivors after she is trained by you lot" he couldn't hold his tongue in check.

"I work hard but there was no way I could have helped today - so fat lot of good that does when there are things that can kill me as easy as kill at me", the unspoken accusation of how this was allowed to happen hung in the air.

"The hollows might be dead but there are responsible parties still close by" he could not believe that Jou had no knowledge of Sho's actions - and he wanted both to pay for the death of his friends.

28. - Top - End - #568

[Mortal World]
    Pier Crisis

A young blonde man felt the energies of Hollows across the whole city. Since they were already going to film here at the beach in an hour, he was already nearby the Pier. Perfect timing for him to get some exercise in before filming.

Caeyrn squinted through his sunglasses towards the pier, and could see and feel the two huge hollows fighting someone unusual. Odd. He couldn't quite place what kind of Spiritual Energy Kenzan gave off.

Reaching into a hidden pocket in his leather jacket, Caeyrn grabs his keychain, with his Gintos and Quincy Cross. Quickly, he places three Ginto on his glove, then he attaches his signature modified Seele Schneider to the glove. It spins and turns into a cutting shield.

As Reishi begins to flow through his blood, he summons his Spirit Weapon, Kiyoshi Ken. It looks like a glowing blue sword.

The Quincy fires a crossbowlike energy arrow from his sword towards the visible Serpentine Hollow, before he uses Hirenkyaku to race towards Kenzan. "You look like you could use some help," is what he says upon arriving near Kenzan.

City Park

As she can feel the air heating up from the sudden burst of flame, Miya shrieks and peeks out to see where the fire's going. She remains hidden behind the tree, temporarily halting her effort to wake herself from this nightmare.

[Soul Society]
    Combat Training Grounds

Suou Nicole arrives early, to prepare herself for the day packed with training and whatever else Combat Divisionists will have to do. She seems to be conversing with her Zanpakuto, Kyuuketsuki. It seems to be a training of some sort.

Meanwhile,
    In the Academy

Peredur also begins training. He has to be stronger. He has to be stronger so no one else will have to die. He's already practicing shielding Kido and healing magic on a practice dummy.
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2013-05-07 at 04:59 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    Nexus Characters.

29. - Top - End - #569
    Ogre in the Playground

Sawada frowns as he notes the Captain hadn't thought to put out another seat, standing and offering it with a bow for the breach of protocol. "There are no prolonged effects as long as you have medical attention. Which I was more than confident you would have on hand. It seems only direct and constant exposure to either her blood or the mist her shikai is hazardous. She also seems immune, I would like samples of her reishi, blood and flesh to create a better counter-active agent. The samples I have in the lab are...perhaps not the best. There is only so much we can do with corpses."

He shrugs, keeping his eyes locked on the Captain. "I was not aware this meeting was one sided Captain Li. I am aware I am new to my position but I have concerns as well. Between threats from Acting Captain Kiba, insinuations from Internal Security over the S.S.I's contributions to Soul Society and your own suspicions I am finding it more and more important to be upfront and open." He folds his arms over his chest, frowning ever so slightly. "More now than ever, if we have students who think they are capable of taking out a Captain of your tenure." The word "indoctrinate made the frown grow ever deeper, his eyes narrowing. "Perhaps you should remind me Captain."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

Li sighs, giving Sawada a long, sad look. "I'm looking at him."