New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1483
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    Pfft, cook your own bacon. (I already had about 3/4 of a pound of bacon this morning, anyway)

Advice, huh? We'll see what I come up with. Disclaimer: I say a bunch of stupid stuff sometimes. With that in mind...

1. Do something. I can't possibly count all the times where I kicked myself later for not doing something that would have been worthwhile. A boatload of missed opportunities. I've found it much less stressful, looking back, to say "Damn, that was a really stupid thing to do. Lesson learned" instead of "Damn, that could have been AWESOME!!! What held you back, self?".

2. Never trust anyone. They're all out to get you. >.>

3. Mmm... bacon... Always make decisions on a full stomach. If necessary, you can claim there was something wrong with the food if you need an easy out of a situation.
    1) He just definitely agreed. I'm kind of in shock.

2) I trust him a lot, so don't worry. If anything goes wrong, my roommate is always here for help (has known this ex, they went to high school together and were a part of the same clique) (also, am I the only one who thinks clique should be said as 'clicky'? It just sounds right..)

3) /chuckles I love bacon. Even better when a mate of mine cooks it. So good. *drools* Damn you!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Coid's Crowing Conundrum of a Canticle of Crookedly Random Banter #185

That in itself is pretty solid general advice
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Titan in the Playground

Apparently, a warm November makes for the month of the many birds. During my afternoon walk, I saw two incredibly fluffy jackdaws, a woodpecker (not all too common out of the woods) and managed to get really close to a female (or young male) blackbird singing in a low tree (but then a car came and scared her away).

Most impressive, however, was the event that transpired shortly before I got back home. I was walking along a street lined with rowan trees, when a large flock of bohemian waxwings landed in the last tree on the street. It lifted and landed as an evershifting amorphous black cloud, and I managed to get so close to the tree that I stood just outside its shadow, and their ferocious eating made the street patter with falling berries.

Then suddenly, everyone lifts without any visible cause (I myself stood completely still) and flies away over the roofs. I start to wonder what caused this sudden decampment when I notice what looks like a fat pigeon flying away from the flock on the other side at a very low altitude, before it crosses it and lands in a tree just behind me. I realise that this must've been a hawk, and probably the very same hawk I mentioned a few days ago.

It's landed on the other side of the trunk, so I can only see its tail, but judging from its low flight and what few I managed to see, I conclude that it actually must have managed to catch one of the waxwings. I try to move up to get a better look, but either does it spot me or it's scared away by a small crowd approaching on the other end of the street, because it takes off before I manage to get a better look, and flies away between two houses at low altitude. I tried to follow it, but it was gone. Still, low flight altitude indicates a heavy load, so I'm pretty sure it got one of birds, but I'd loved to get a good look at all of her.

Still, a very lovely walk in my opinion. It's such a shame I can't share it in greater detail with the distinguished Kneenibble. If you ever come over on a cold and grey autumn day, I promise I'll show you all the best bird spotting grounds in the neighbourhood. And then we can go inside and warm ourselves on a warm cup of glögg.

Man I'd never thought I'd suddenly get such a strong craving for glögg. It must be due to a mix of equal parts excitement and penned up frustration, all caused by expectations on the already long overdue arrival of the winter. Oh well, the julmust season is already here, so at least I've got something to live for.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    I never said there was anything wrong with that. It's more that he could potentially develop feelings for me (or have feelings coming back from our relationship two years ago) because I'd be essentially taking his virginity of everything.
    Uhh... I generally only count it as BEING a romantical relationship once you DO have the first kiss. It's hardly a "he's by boyfriend" if you haven't KISSED.

... he CAN be your boyfling though. *yay QC references, put badly?*
    Last edited by Mutant Sheep; 2012-11-24 at 12:43 PM.
    Can only thank GitP for being so good for so long.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    I'm probably hilarious far off, aren't I?
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracon1us View Post
    don't feed the troll...

A pile of thanks piled on other thanks to Teddy for photorealistic avatar.

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Still, a very lovely walk in my opinion. It's such a shame I can't share it in greater detail with the distinguished Kneenibble. If you ever come over on a cold and grey autumn day, I promise I'll show you all the best bird spotting grounds in the neighbourhood. And then we can go inside and warm ourselves on a warm cup of glögg.

Man I'd never thought I'd suddenly get such a strong craving for glögg. It must be due to a mix of equal parts excitement and penned up frustration, all caused by expectations on the already long overdue arrival of the winter. Oh well, the julmust season is already here, so at least I've got something to live for.
    What is this glögg that you speak of? It sounds rather good.

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    That in itself is pretty solid general advice
    Lies and slander! And, thanks.

Okay, guys. Time to be impulsive, paranoid, bacon-lovers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mynxae View Post
    1) He just definitely agreed. I'm kind of in shock.

2) I trust him a lot, so don't worry. If anything goes wrong, my roommate is always here for help (has known this ex, they went to high school together and were a part of the same clique) (also, am I the only one who thinks clique should be said as 'clicky'? It just sounds right..)

3) /chuckles I love bacon. Even better when a mate of mine cooks it. So good. *drools* Damn you!
    It's a weird word, right? "Clique" I had no idea how to pronounce it when I first saw it.
    A few odds and ends.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

That's nothing. I've written five-page papers with two sentences worth of actual content.
    You have a glorious future ahead of you writing speeches for politicians, you realise this?

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Titan in the Playground

What is this glögg that you speak of? It sounds rather good.

Mulled wine
    . It's heated, spiced and rather sweet red wine, and you drink it from small cups together with almonds and raisins. It's the perfect cure for the winter cold, but we don't have any winter cold yet, so I can't have any glögg.

Show

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    You have a glorious future ahead of you writing speeches for politicians, you realise this?
    Hehehe, I don't think they'd like me. I like satire too much.

That reminds me. There was one paper that I could pick the topic for, and I chose to write the whole paper complaining about having to write a paper. Surprisingly, it went over well (the teacher had a sense of humor).

Mulled wine
    . It's heated, spiced and rather sweet red wine, and you drink it from small cups together with almonds and raisins. It's the perfect cure for the winter cold, but we don't have any winter cold yet, so I can't have any glögg.
    Ah okay. I can sympathize with misbehaving winter weather (although I'm not sure how cold it ought to be in Sweden).

A toast of lemonade, in hopes of coldness!
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-24 at 01:12 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Titan in the Playground

Hehehe, I don't think they'd like me. I like satire too much.
    Meh, they won't notice. It's as Poe said, any sufficiently exaggerated satire is indistinguishable from sincere extremism.

Ah okay. I can sympathize with misbehaving winter weather (although I'm not sure how cold it ought to be in Sweden).
    By this time of the year, the temperature should usually stay below 0oC and there should at least be a dusting of snow covering the ground. Now it regularly goes above 5oC instead, and it seems like it wont go down below zero in at least a week's time...

A toast of lemonade, in hopes of coldness!
    Cheers.
    Last edited by Teddy; 2012-11-24 at 02:18 PM.

Show

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Ogre in the Playground

Mulled wine
    You could go to a place that is sufficiently cold so you can enjoy your glögg! Like... A walk in freezer! Although you can't make snow angels as well in the ice in comparison to snow.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Look apon me, mighty Posid-Eon, ruler of the waves and saviour of people. Watch as I stumble about on dry land humoursly, AND TREMBLE!

<3

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Firbolg in the Playground

*facepalm*
    *snicker*
    What?

Mulled wine
    That sounds like gluehwein.

Also, what's your definition of "winter cold"?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    You could go to a place that is sufficiently cold so you can enjoy your glögg! Like... A walk in freezer! Although you can't make snow angels as well in the ice in comparison to snow.
    *poke*

HI EOIN!
    Spoiler
    Show
    If it helps, think of me as the Agent from Serenity. Just not that good a fighter. Also, I have a mustache.
    This is not... the greatest story Tolkien ever wrote. No... This is just a tribute.
    don't feed the troll...

13. - Top - End - #1153

Today my sister, while mad, took a swing at our one year old cousin she was watching.

The resulting screaming at her to stop being evil has left my throat literally dead. I can barely talk

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eon View Post
    No birches draped in crystalline! No soft matress of virgin clouds! It's just not the same!

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    That sounds like gluehwein.
    It is glühwein, except that's the German name, and the traditional seasoning differs somewhat. As I explained in the campaign thread, the reason to why I let Elden use the German name is because "glögg" just sounds incredibly silly in English.

I just can't take the anglification of Swedish words seriously. I mean, "smorgasbord" (even when I ignore the fact that it should be spelled "smörgåsbord"), "ombudsman"... So many Swedish words lose their elegance when spoken in other tongues.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    Also, what's your definition of "winter cold"?
    Below 0oC to even be considered winter, below -5oC to feel like it, and below -10oC for the cheeks to burn with the bullfinch's glow. It's all a matter of definitions, but I prefer the latter the most.

Show

15. - Top - End - #1155

It astounds me that people think -10 C is all that cold

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

How cold a given temperature feels can depend on the ambient moisture in my experience, for example sometimes a dry -8 C is more comfortable than a wet 4C...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mercenary Pen View Post
    How cold a given temperature feels can depend on the ambient moisture in my experience, for example sometimes a dry -8 C is more comfortable than a wet 4C...
    That is actually a proven scientific fact.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Titan in the Playground

Today my sister, while mad, took a swing at our one year old cousin she was watching.

The resulting screaming at her to stop being evil has left my throat literally dead. I can barely talk

... Yeah, screaming's too good for this girl.

Are you kidding? by the time you hit 0C i'm screaming in pain from the sheer cold...

... then again, I live in southeast texas, so it's not like i have proper clothing for it >.>
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Ettin in the Playground

-10 Celsius is about 15 Fahrenheit, right? That's not too cold, but it's far colder than I would go outside in my standard fare of short sleeves and blue jeans.

By this time of the year, the temperature should usually stay below 0oC and there should at least be a dusting of snow covering the ground. Now it regularly goes above 5oC instead, and it seems like it wont go down below zero in at least a week's time...
    Ah, it's been hovering around 40-45 during the day (about 5 Celsius) and getting closer to 30 (about 0 Celsius) at night, so my weather's been about the same. Granted, this is the weather I expect for late november, rather than frustratingly warm.

Edit: The difference of about 15 degrees, looking at a thermometer.

EditEdit: I give up. I'm going to go eat dinner, and when I come back, my brain had better start working again.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2012-11-24 at 05:55 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Troll in the Playground

... Thats like, 20 F? jeez. What are they, texans?
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

Pfft, that's just when you feel the winter at its best side. -20oC is highly manageable if you're active and it isn't all too windy. -32oC is the perfect temperature to eat the heat out of a electricity-ridden house.

Show

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post

... Yeah, screaming's too good for this girl.
    AGREED. I mean, when I see ANIMAL abuse it's all I can do not to physically harm the perpetrator. If I saw someone "taking a swing" at a human infant, I would not hesitate to make that person into powder.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Are you kidding? by the time you hit 0C i'm screaming in pain from the sheer cold...

... then again, I live in southeast texas, so it's not like i have proper clothing for it >.>
    Of course you do! The proper clothing for 273 K is shorts, sandals, and a T-shirt (especially if you ask my friend Henry)

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    ... Thats like, 20 F? jeez. What are they, texans?
    The stereotype around my area would be "Californians". Seriously, a girl was saying that she was cold, and I called her a "Californian" and she freaked out at me. It was the BEST THING.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #1163

Dear The Met Office,
    The reason no one ever listens to you when you impose hosepipe bans during the 'summer' is because we know that we'll get a surfeit of water in the next few months.

I've spent the last hour standing at the bottom of my road by the bridge watching the centre of my village flood.
    At eight this evening the river was about two inches below the road surface roughly fifty yards up from the bridge.
    This is ten or fifteen seconds from my home:
    Spoiler
    Show

By ten the river had burst its banks.
    The firemen have been thigh deep in water doing something with the electrics and whatnot in the Co-op, but had to go in through the roof because both entries into the shop were flooded. And the people who own the chippie are quite frantic because the water's starting to seep into the shop. And the new antique shop right by the river is flooded. And the guy who owns the cheese shop a few yards from the river is fixing his electrics and protecting his stock.

Oh, and high tide's in two hours.

Guess where I'm going?
    May take pictures. Depends on the pic quality and if I can convice the parental units to let me take their new camera.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2012-11-24 at 06:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

24. - Top - End - #1164

Pfft, that's just when you feel the winter at its best side. -20oC is highly manageable if you're active and it isn't all too windy. -32oC is the perfect temperature to eat the heat out of a electricity-ridden house.
    Completely agreed. The wind is the real bone chiller when it comes to the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    AGREED. I mean, when I see ANIMAL abuse it's all I can do not to physically harm the perpetrator. If I saw someone "taking a swing" at a human infant, I would not hesitate to make that person into powder.
    To clarify, she did not ACTUALLY hit him, but she made it look as if she would of.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Bugbear in the Playground

Guess where I'm going?
    ...Higher ground?

Completely agreed. The wind is the real bone chiller when it comes to the weather.
    To clarify, she did not ACTUALLY hit him, but she made it look as if she would of.
    Ah. Conclusions may have been jumped to.

ION: MY SISTER IS THE BEST SHE'S GOING TO MAKE ME A NEW DRAGONPUPPY!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dimonite; 2012-11-24 at 06:37 PM.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Troll in the Playground

...Higher ground?
    Why is it that rather than thinking of the practicalities of that, I instead imagined flooded village with either Stevie Wonder or Red Hot Chili Peppers version of Higher Ground blasting out of someone's stereo? My mind, it is seriously warped...
    Part of YugiohITP

Warning: This post may contain traces of nuts, madness and/or sarcasm, you have been warned.

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Troll in the Playground

...Higher ground?

Ah. Conclusions may have been jumped to.

ION: MY SISTER IS THE BEST SHE'S GOING TO MAKE ME A NEW DRAGONPUPPY!!!!!!!
    As long as it not be a pony dragon puppy, my friend.
    Spoiler
    Show
    don't feed the troll...

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Titan in the Playground

Guess where I'm going?
    May take pictures. Depends on the pic quality and if I can convice the parental units to let me take their new camera.
    Down to the seaside?

Myself, I'd probably searched for the best vantage point to study the grand scale of the floods. Given, when the time's just past midnight, that's a pretty fruitless endeavour. I'm never going to see any more than what I'd see out of my bedroom window anyway.

Thankfully, I neither live close to the sea nor next to any rivers, so floods are extremely rare over here. We just get marshy fields in the spring.

Show

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    As long as it not be a pony dragon puppy, my friend.
    THAT WOULD BE SO CUTE!

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

30. - Top - End - #1170

...Higher ground?
    Heavens no! Besides, I live on a fairly high, steep hill anyway, so the chance of me flooding due to rivers or the sea is virtually nil.

Down to the seaside?

Myself, I'd probably searched for the best vantage point to study the grand scale of the floods. Given, when the time's just past midnight, that's a pretty fruitless endeavour. I'm never going to see any more than what I'd see out of my bedroom window anyway.
    Pretty much. Of course, I live at the seaside, and it takes thirty seconds to get the the shore itself.
    So, guess who only got back from watching the flood ten minutes ago?
    Will post pics in You thread tomorrow; I stayed pretty much until the waters were definitely down and staying down, so I got some good anecdotes.
    Also I got very wet given I was nearly - well, I say nearly, by the end I was knee deep in flood waters.
    In my old leaky trainers and some tracky bottoms I'd intended to wear to bed as my room is freezing. But it was for a good cause!
    No, I'm not some kind of idiot daredevil photographer who went into dangerous currents just to get a better shot. Totally a Good Samaritan. >.>

Thankfully, I neither live close to the sea nor next to any rivers, so floods are extremely rare over here. We just get marshy fields in the spring.
    Shame that. Floods are excellent. Well . . . they're not, but they're fun to watch. Of course, we're all vultures so.
    There was one guy, I'm certain he was working for the local newspaper, and I think he took photos of me . . . , but anyway, he went straight for the money shot.
    But I won't tell you what that is. That would be spoiling the Epic Saga.

Now if you don't mind, I'm off massage warmth and feeling into my legs and feet before I lose them to the cold. Good thing we've got several old, rough towels isn't it?
    Also, I have video, some of which is of good enough quality to post. And some of which have my voice in them. Never realised how odd my voice is; it's . . . semi-RP, semi-accent if that makes sense.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2012-11-24 at 09:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!