New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 49 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1466
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends XL: Season on Hold 'til Morello gets Gold

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Yeah, I had that the entire day.

http://www.ign.com/ipl

Only has the mainstream, but streams in 720p without stutter.
    No stutter but the video and audio are very badly synced.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Whoever was the first person to cheer at ward kills needs a medal.

Especially now that the commentators are getting into it, too, and giving play-by-plays of ward kills.

"The ward is trying its best to get away! It's down to one health, will it make it? No!"

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Orc in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Nadevoc View Post
    I considered the effect based on missing resources, but it has a number of issues:
    1) Your idea for CD-only champs works, but is really clunky, difficult to wrap your head around, and obviously forced
    2) What about champs like Rengar? He could easily have zero fury when this goes off, and it feels bad that he's randomly either punished really hard or not at all based on where in his fury rotation he is
    3) It actually hurts mana champs the least by far. Energy champs are designed to blow all their resource, then have it back soon, so they'll probably have very low resources when it goes off. CD champs also front-load all their abilities and put them on CD. But mana champs? Late game, they often have huge mana pools that they don't have to worry about; they could easily be at half or 3/4 mana at the END of a fight, let alone towards the beginning of a fight when you probably want to use this (especially to take advantage of the silence)...

I'll let you know if I come up with an ultimate I think fits with the theme.
    Suggestion A: Deals (X damage + Y ratio) damage, increased by (Z%) for each enemy ability that's on cooldown, and silences for (t) seconds.
    Suggestion B: Deals (X damage + Y ratio) damage, increased by (Z%) for each ability the target has used in the last (N) seconds, and silences for (t) seconds.
    Suggestion C: Deals (X damage + Y ratio) damage, and silences for 1 second + 0.75 seconds per ability used in the last (N) seconds, [optional:] to a maximum of (Q) seconds.
    Suggestion D: Deals (X damage + Y ratio) damage, and silences for (t) seconds. This ability's cooldown is reduced by (Z%) of the base cooldown amount for each ability the target has used in the last (N) seconds.
    Suggestion E: Deals (X damage + Y ratio) damage. Any of the target's abilities that are currently on cooldown have their cooldown remaining increased by (t) seconds.

In any case, champions with multiple passives and/or toggles will be less vulnerable, and Karthus/Cass/Ryze/Lee are kinda boned, but whatever.
    Last edited by Psyborg; 2012-12-01 at 12:41 AM.
    delete Teemo.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by LordShotGun View Post
    No stutter but the video and audio are very badly synced.
    I don't have those problems. Strange.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Banned

So, hands up if you expected CLG.NA to make it farther in the tournament than TSM. Anyone? Of course, that's largely down to bracketing luck; TSM fielded probably the only truly formidable team that started in loser's bracket (Blaze), while CLG fielded probably the only team in winner's bracket they had a good chance of beating (Curse.EU).

6. - Top - End - #1056

Ever have a game where you just want to reach through the internet and strangle the idiot on the other side?

Graves (who I'm supporting with Lux) goes 10/0/2 during laning. Largely due to my effort (he only got 1 kill when I didn't feed it right to him). He then proceeds to quickdraw into the middle of each teamfight and die, losing us the game. We kept telling him to use quickdraw to escape/reposition, but he WOULDN'T LISTEN.
    I'm mostly here for Warframe and a tiny bit of RWBY.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Holy ****.

IPL5 Spoilers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fnatic is on goddamn fire right now! Sure they lost to WE in Group Stage but that was close and that was a BO1. They just 2-0d TPA from behind each game, especially with those Blitz Grabs. The season 1 champs are back!
    Spoiler
    Show

I was most impressed with Misaya's TF play, I think. They didn't even get to use TF's ult until the mid game and still crushed that game.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2012-12-01 at 07:05 AM.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Barbarian in the Playground

So I just played a game top as olaf. Solo queue ranked about 1450. I couldn't carry hard enough.

You read that right, I was carrying.

Spoiler
    Show

Beat the irel top lane, proceeded to penta in the first teamfight I was in (Btw, first penta ever, how the heck did I manage to get it in toplane?). The problem was that the irel hec diana combo just wrecked through my team faster then I could kill. In retrospect I should have built a bit more damage and played a teamfight or two a little differently. But still.

I apparently can kind of play toplane. Above 1300, unlike some people may have thought. I just can't carry at 1400.

Edit: Okay, fine, it looks like it was an unofficial penta kill because it is only showing quadra in my stats . It was totally a penta though.
    Last edited by TFT; 2012-12-01 at 08:25 AM.
    Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Your Caitlyn really needed a last whisper.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Your Caitlyn really needed a last whisper.
    More like that Udyr needed to be a Maokai. I guarantee you he was utterly useless past 25 minutes. More peeling for Cait would have freed her up to build damage instead of the GA.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    More like that Udyr needed to be a Maokai. I guarantee you he was utterly useless past 25 minutes. More peeling for Cait would have freed her up to build damage instead of the GA.
    Ding ding ding this man has the answer. And he didn't do too much before 25 minutes either.

12. - Top - End - #1062

You don't need to build damage when you're Olaf. I would have skipped Mallet altogether, because it offers Olaf very little. He gets some HP and AD which is nice, but he doesn't need the slow-procs when he can throw axes as fast as he can pick them up. I'd have gotten a GA, because why not, and maybe a FoN for a last item? But I cry a little whenever I see Olaf with a Mallet.
    Quote Originally Posted by JeminiZero View Post
    Gamer cancels life, interrupted by Dwarf Fortress.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Banned

Yeah, Olaf is one of the few champions that doesn't really want to build a Phage in lane, which really lessens the need for Mallet later on.

The other thing to note is that Olaf is going to have a hell of a time either blowing up Ezreal or locking multiple carries out of the fight, because Ez is mobile enough to run away, Diana is mobile enough to get into the thick of things, and Hec/Irelia eventually get tanky enough to work around Olaf. I might have played Jax in this situation.

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    BREAK THEIR RANKS

My love of ponies is presently unsurpassed.

His S3 jungle will probably be kinda weak, if anything, but I agree that Spirit of the Lizard Elder+Rampage will be SO GOOD.

Iceborn Gauntlet and new Spirit Visage also look sick for him, though Iceborn Gauntlet vs Trinity Force is a bit of a tricky comparison. While he'll do less sustained autoattack damage with the Gauntlet, I suspect the CDR, armor, and more consistent slow are better. Depends on how you're doing, I guess.
    There is no comparison, Iceborn Gauntlet is strictly better. Now I admit I REAAALLY dislike triforce rush on Pony, but the ability to just go glacial -> gauntlet is so much better then grabbing a triforce as a 4th through 6th item. This is assuming of course I don't end up still needing to grab frozen heart.

In other news, on a whim I took a harder look at varus, and can't help but wonder if he'd been a caster until the last few weeks of development. as an ap ratio on all four skills would turn him into a ASAP carry who wouldn't feel terrible for using his Q, instead of an AD carry who feels bad for using his skills at all during a teamfight. That said, +2% per 100 and a 1:1 ult makes me want to try ASAP Varus anyway.
    Rule of Cool former designer

Games I'm playing: League of Legends, Mechwarrior Online

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Thrawn183 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

I was most impressed with Misaya's TF play, I think. They didn't even get to use TF's ult until the mid game and still crushed that game.
    Yeah, Misaya TF is kinda amazing for that. It was an amazing game to watch.

So, hands up if you expected CLG.NA to make it farther in the tournament than TSM. Anyone? Of course, that's largely down to bracketing luck; TSM fielded probably the only truly formidable team that started in loser's bracket (Blaze), while CLG fielded probably the only team in winner's bracket they had a good chance of beating (Curse.EU).
    Yeah I wasn't surprised. TSM didn't have the greatest bracket but that's not an excuse. They are now 0-9 vs. AZB and 0-11 vs Azubu Teams in general. Gotta be depressing for them. Its funny because they're still... good... they're just not on the level of Asian Teams.

16. - Top - End - #1066

Yeah, Olaf is one of the few champions that doesn't really want to build a Phage in lane, which really lessens the need for Mallet later on.

The other thing to note is that Olaf is going to have a hell of a time either blowing up Ezreal or locking multiple carries out of the fight, because Ez is mobile enough to run away, Diana is mobile enough to get into the thick of things, and Hec/Irelia eventually get tanky enough to work around Olaf. I might have played Jax in this situation.
    Honestly I build phage because I don't want to build an item like fh yet but feel silly building damage, so it's kind of my weird self compromise. I tend to build double gp10 --> phage --> mallet --> tanky items which I know isn't quite right but works in the games I'm playing at least. I was also 2nd pick that game and the only champs we knew about were hec and irel. Finally, I still need to pick up jax, though I'm assuming it wouldn't be hard. Just need to add it to the list.

Also, new goal? Hit 1650 without any support whatsoever. That means probably a lot of losses in the near future, but I'll feel better about myself as a player when I accomplish it.

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toasty View Post
    Yeah I wasn't surprised. TSM didn't have the greatest bracket but that's not an excuse. They are now 0-9 vs. AZB and 0-11 vs Azubu Teams in general. Gotta be depressing for them. Its funny because they're still... good... they're just not on the level of Asian Teams.
    The funny part is how those games went. Everything was even. TSM had some traction and they were getting things done. Then one mistake and poof.
    Spoiler
    Show
    G1 it was Regi getting pulled with Azubu actually present and blown up followed by 5-0 Ace and Baron.

G2 it was TSM pulling back to take the blue giving Azubu position in front of the Dragon, trying to move back to challenge it and getting initiated upon over the wall and crushed especially since Morgana hadn't finished her Zhonya.
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2012-12-01 at 12:09 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

It looks like that Udyr was building Black Cleaver. On Udyr. Bloodthirster is excusable if you're stomping as Udyr(tiger's AD ratio is really good), but he wasn't, and the jungle really doesn't support the gold to build a BFsword item on a jungler, especially after converting one of his Gp5s into an item. If he had gotten a Mallet instead of buying Cleaver parts or converting his HoG, he would've actually been able to peel for Caitlyn about as well as Maokai(depends on how you value better CDs over the immediacy of a gap-closer).
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Godskook View Post
    It looks like that Udyr was building Black Cleaver. On Udyr. Bloodthirster is excusable if you're stomping as Udyr(tiger's AD ratio is really good), but he wasn't, and the jungle really doesn't support the gold to build a BFsword item on a jungler, especially after converting one of his Gp5s into an item. If he had gotten a Mallet instead of buying Cleaver parts or converting his HoG, he would've actually been able to peel for Caitlyn about as well as Maokai(depends on how you value better CDs over the immediacy of a gap-closer).
    BT is not excuseable. Udyr will never be close enough to an ADC to explode them with BT because Udyr gets kited. Udyr is best played as a defensive peeler. Tank/CDR means you can spam your spells and stun people and be an ******* in general.

Furthermore, Wits End or even Triforce if you MUST build carry, are more useful for Udyr as they give him more valuable stats. Tiger Udyr is overrated, even in lane (if I laned Udyr today I'd start Q, max W and 2nd focus R). BT is only good as a gimick to get massive Q procs, which is really hard to pull off. Triforce on the other hand makes you a better peeler (more move speed and a slow) and Sheen is just incredible on a hero who is constantly spamming spells.

The reason AD carries built IE and such is because they don't have to cast their spells to do damage. They also are ranged so they can kite more safely. However, Udyr is neither ranged nor does he have useless damage spells. Udyr is melee, kiteable, and relies on his R/Q to deal damage.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Games are back on at IPL 5.

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Stanley with nonstandard builds every game. Double Doran's Blade Shen?

22. - Top - End - #1072

So, yeah, my first YouTube video is up. I find it a rather funny thing.

It's less than a minute. Please watch it :pleadingface:
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-12-01 at 04:48 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

At first I thought that the voice was someone else speaking in the background. Only when I heard "...thanks for watching and have a nice day" did I realize it was you.

Is it just me, or are the related videos quite odd? It might just be what I've been watching earlier today, though.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Nope, they're quite odd.

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Troll in the Playground

Fnatic vs CLG.NA will be live shortly on stream 2.

The Crs vs Crs sets were, uhh, definitely interesting.

26. - Top - End - #1076

Working with Camtasia to get better voice. Will reupload when I do.

EDIT: Video is done. Old one is taken down; link in the post where the previous one was posted is redone and correct.
    Last edited by McDouggal; 2012-12-01 at 04:51 PM.

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

So yeah, my lolreplay is weird. It saves in spectator mode random games while the rest it does the old way. I have it set as "Save all games as Specmode", but it doesn't do all my games.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

28. - Top - End - #1078

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    Whoever was the first person to cheer at ward kills needs a medal.

Especially now that the commentators are getting into it, too, and giving play-by-plays of ward kills.

"The ward is trying its best to get away! It's down to one health, will it make it? No!"
    That actually carried over from the World Championships, where CLG.EU and WE's matches (yeah, the same playing right now ) took half a day because A) Internet issues destroyed 3 games and B) CLG.EU takes forever to finish games. The final game had about 25 minutes of baron dance where the most eventful thing to happen was teams clearing out eachothers wards. So the crowd started cheering for ward kills.

I think the final number was about 80+ wards killed between the two teams.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Troll in the Playground

I find it really annoying that people are still doing it, though. It's not so much funny at this point as it is embarrassing.

30. - Top - End - #1080
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by aethernox View Post
    I find it really annoying that people are still doing it, though. It's not so much funny at this point as it is embarrassing.
    I don't know, I think it's a lighthearted, almost whimsical thing now. And I'm always in more favor of more whimsy. Every community needs its little nonsensical traditions and in-jokes.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.