New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Who should be in Smash Bros 4?

I always find it hilarious that the fan base is split between people who don't want clone characters, and people who just want Roy back.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Who wouldn't want to play as Tingle?

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Geno9999 View Post
    The most likely thing to happen is that Ike will be replaced by Krom/Chrom from the soon-to-be-released-internationally Fire Emblem: Awakening, due to the formula seeming to be Marth + Lord from most recent FE game.
    Yeah, I don't think that's the case. Roy was only in Melee for advertising purposes - his game hadn't even come out when Melee was released, and of course as we all know his moves were cloned from Marth. Ike on the flip side was a genuinely popular character from the series, and the only Lord other than Marth to star in more than one game, and was given a unique set of moves. I suspect, unless they really do not increase the roster size by much and need to switch out old characters for the new ones, that he's here to stay.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, I got another one!

Adam Malkovitch.

Siela Tempo by the talented Kasanip. Tengu by myself.
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #35
    Titan in the Playground

Just give us Mewtwo back and I'll be happy.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

I would be totally happy with Tails getting in.

<------ Also needs to be a pokeball. Along with Arceus. Because Arceus.
    Last edited by Chess435; 2012-11-24 at 01:50 AM.
    ^~Cody T.~^

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Give me Isaac from Golden Sun and I will be a happy camper.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles Is my first choice by a long shot

9. - Top - End - #39
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Zargodia View Post
    Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles Is my first choice by a long shot
    Was just about to post the same thing. That game needs more love.

Wonder how his mechanics would work, though. His most interesting ability wouldn't work in a fighting game without a lot of tweaking. Maybe change it to a several second time rewind on a moderate cooldown, if they could manage to make that work?

Besides that, he does have abilities that could be adapted into his other B moves, so that won't be an issue. Assuming Final Smashes are still in, I'm wondering if Monado Buster or one of the Monado buffs would be better for him.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

Ness should be back, Lucas should be back and PORKY SHOULD BE PLAYABLE. Not the broken boss porky...but a more balanced version of him. I've seen a good take on what playable Porky Minch could be like on a forum and I do think Porky could work as a playable character. The idea they had for him was to use his Mother 2 self during the Giygas fight, but replace the spider-mech with a spider leg backpack. They even went as far as to make attacks and such for him, but I forgot exactly what they came up with.

Also...keeping with my mother theme here, Giygas/The Devil's Machine would make an awesome stage. I can already see it, the devil's machine is the main stage, and part way through the fight Giygas gets 'unleashed" and acts as an environmental hazard that dose something bad once he's unleashed. Also, I'd LOVE to see Giegue, but he'd be too similar to Mewtwo in both appearance and playstyle so it will never happen.

As for other, non-mother stuff I'd like to see: Pokemon Trainer becomes Red from the games/manga and we get our first pkmn villain in Giovanni. He'd fight similar to red/pokemon trainer, but would use a different team that would have different tactics and play then red's team. Of course, if they don't want to have two "pokemon trainer" style characters they could always just give pokemon trainer a rocket costume and that would satisfy my need for some poke-villainy in smash bros.

Also, if they keep sonic around, I demand that we get at least one more sonic character, preferably a villain and preferably Metal Sonic or Mephiles. Mephiles is a long shot sadly because his game sucked and thus nobody really knows him, but Metal Sonic is iconic enough and would be easy to translate to smash bros. Eggman, admittedly, would be REALLY fun to see but he'd be hard to translate to smash bros. because his fighting style lends itself better to being a boss then a playable character in a fighting game. Sadly, if they do add another sonic character it WON'T be a villain but rather Sasuke Uchih....I mean Shadow the Hedgehog because fangirls(and some fanguys) love brooding, angsty, annoying emos and they WILL cater to the fangirls(and guys).
    Last edited by Giegue; 2012-11-24 at 07:00 PM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Mine started at a dinner party in the BBEG's estate.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Giegue View Post
    Sadly, if they do add another sonic character it WON'T be a villain but rather Sasuke Uchih....I mean Shadow the Hedgehog because fangirls(and some fanguys) love brooding, angsty, annoying emos and they WILL cater to the fangirls(and guys).
    Rocket boots.

'Nuff said.
    Avatar of George the Dragon Slayer, from the upcoming Indivisible!
    My Steam profile
    Warriors and Wuxia, Callos_DeTerran's ToB setting

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I would like Megaman, who would have a Samus type gun and would take people's Over B powers when he kills them.

I would also like Doctor Robotnik as a new Sonic character. I think a giant robot character would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #43
    Pixie in the Playground

I would like Pichu to be back.

*Insert Record Scratch*

WAIT, WAIT! Before you start the cannons, there's a very good reason. Pichu is one of the few light characters that can actually pack a punch. Her down-B (Thunder) hurts a lot and with some new moves (up-B would be Volt Switch, side-B would be Electro Ball, Down-B would still be Thunder, and B would be Iron Tail. Her final smash would be a mass Thunder Wave, paralyzing everyone, allowing her to get a free smash.) that doesn't hurt her, and she would be an instant favorite.

If not Pichu, at least Emolga. I want to annoy everyone with her.

A character that should be upgraded in the next game would be Luigi. He should be equipped with his vacuum from Luigi's Mansion, the Raccoon Tail (or Tanukki Tail, if you want to get technical), and his Final Smash should Snack Pack.

And finally a new character should be Waddle Dee (nicknamed Bandanna Dee) with his move set from Kirby's Return to Dreamland. His Final Smash should be a giant spear comes from one side that instantly launches anyone with over 120% damage.

Also, the Miis should get into the brawl. I would love to customize my Mii with different fighting techniques from the other fighters.
    Last edited by CobaltKori; 2012-11-24 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Spelling and Grammar mistakes
    Every day, I make games. It just depends on how I do it.

My Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_temp View Post
    Oh, I got another one!

Adam Malkovitch.
    I think he should be a skin for the Sandbag, along with Tingle, Slippy, and al lthe other characters nobody likes. It would certainly be cathartic to get him on a stage with Samus.

"LEAVE! ME! TO ! DIE! IN! THE! LAVA! WILL! YOU! YOU! SEXIST! PRAT!"

Also, I would love the idea of Giovanni as an alternate Pokemon trainer with different Pokemon. Perhaps Nindorino, Ryhorn and Nidoqueen.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tbok1992 View Post
    I think he should be a skin for the Sandbag, along with Tingle, Slippy, and al lthe other characters nobody likes. It would certainly be cathartic to get him on a stage with Samus.

"LEAVE! ME! TO ! DIE! IN! THE! LAVA! WILL! YOU! YOU! SEXIST! PRAT!"
    He showed up twice before Other M and there was nothing wrong with him then.
    Last edited by Prime32; 2012-11-25 at 11:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

I would really like Joanna Dark to be in the next Smash game, but since they don't want guns...

17. - Top - End - #47
    Colossus in the Playground

But there *are* characters with guns...

They probalby just mean "no non-futuristic ray guns"?
    Resident Vancian Apologist

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

What about Altair? (This insane idea was brought by playing too much AC and remembering there was a DS AC)
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

19. - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Forrestfire View Post
    I would really like Joanna Dark to be in the next Smash game, but since they don't want guns...
    There's also the matter of her being owned by Rare, who are owned by Microsoft. Good luck with that one.

Besides, if they were going to get anyone from Rare, it would have to be Banjo and Kazooie.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    There's also the matter of her being owned by Rare, who are owned by Microsoft. Good luck with that one.

Besides, if they were going to get anyone from Rare, it would have to be Banjo and Kazooie.

Zevox
    ^ This, just this. Banjo Kazooie is one of my favourite games.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

I think that they should sell all of Rare's IP to Nintendo, since lord knows all the best people have left and Microsoft is probably never going to use those IP again.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

I've always really liked the idea of Geno being in SSB, if they could somehow get the rights.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel as though Vectorman should be in Super Smash Brothers 4.
    He's a really awesome character from a couple of awesome video games.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Fargazer View Post
    I've always really liked the idea of Geno being in SSB, if they could somehow get the rights.
    Well, he made a quick cameo in Bowser's Inside Story. Maybe he'll be an assist trophy?

Speaking of, that's probably the bigger question to ask if they're not going to increase the roster size. Assist trophies have a much broader application to letting everyone and their sister in.
    "Okay, so I'm going to quick draw and dual wield these one-pound caltrops as improvised weapons..."
    ---
    "Oh, hey, look! Blue Eyes Black Lotus!" "Wait what, do you sacrifice a mana to the... Does it like, summon a... What would that card even do!?" "Oh, it's got a four-energy attack. Completely unviable in actual play, so don't worry about it."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    Speaking of, that's probably the bigger question to ask if they're not going to increase the roster size. Assist trophies have a much broader application to letting everyone and their sister in.
    Yeah, but for much the same reason, nobody cares who they use as Assist Trophies, save insofar as that means they won't be playable.

Zevox

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Personally, I'd love to see Samurai Goroh from F-Zero show up as a playable character. He already appeared in Brawl as an assist trophy so it isn't that much of a stretch.
    Thanks to Sean Mirrsen for the Kamina Pony avatar.
    : sacrificing minons, is their any problem it can't solve?

"EAT HOT PLASMA DEATH ALIEN SCUM!!!!!!...I always wanted to say that."
    Blake-Aliens:Earth Hive by Steave Perry

27. - Top - End - #57
    Firbolg in the Playground

Agreeing with Zevox. I'd like to see Knuckles.

Also, why has nobody said Zero? Way cooler than X. Well, okay, Megaman X is cool, but I like Zero.

EDIT: Right, and if Snake can get in, I'd like to see some Fox (as the ninja). Or Raiden (as a ninja).
    Last edited by danzibr; 2012-11-28 at 09:12 AM.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

Since Nintendo owns most of Monolith Soft, I'd love to see KOS-MOS show up, she's a lot more iconic than anyone in Xenoblade (which I do need to get around to playing) but the way she moves in cutscenes and such styles itself perfectly to Smash Brothers, and her X-Buster makes a perfect Final Smash.

And it would be cool to see Robotnik in the game, though he's more likely to be a boss in one of his giant robots, as well as something that can be summoned in his various Eggmobile incarnations.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Crono. From Chrono Trigger.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

30. - Top - End - #60
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Since Nintendo owns most of Monolith Soft, I'd love to see KOS-MOS show up, she's a lot more iconic than anyone in Xenoblade (which I do need to get around to playing) but the way she moves in cutscenes and such styles itself perfectly to Smash Brothers, and her X-Buster makes a perfect Final Smash.
    Seconded! KOS-MOS would make a great addition. For others from that series... I'm a Ziggy fan. Or Jin. Or chaos. The rest though, meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Crono. From Chrono Trigger.
    So full of win. Crono's one of the coolest silent protagonists ever. Magus would also be cool.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ