New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Madness, Blood and Thunder in Ravens Bluff Thread 2

Sheathing his sword rather than attempting a repeat of Jorran's earlier performance, Alaister sends another burning arrow toward Sorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[9]
    Damage (IP): (1d6+6)[10] + 1 fire, Reflex DC15 or catch on fire
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

A tingling vile aura spreads from Larshon as they advance on your line, and with a gesture she sends a wave of grief and despair over you, a slight ripple in the air visible before the sudden burst of negative emotions washes over you. Black Sorrow seems to prefer delaying his rematch with Jorran, and he grabs the Luskanite, trying to vault him both over Cael and the grate into the stall with a powerful hip throw. The Wrackspawn charges forward at Alaister with a mad howl, thrusting the bonespear at his side.

Spoiler
    Show

Alaister, Mirielle, Cael and Jorran, DC 15 Will or -3 on attacks, saves, ability checks and skill checks for 5 turns

Black Sorrow attempts Mighty Throw Touch - (1d20+11)[21] Trip check - (1d20+12)[25]
    If he succeeds, Jorran lands prone in O16. Going over the grate requires a move action.

Charge on Alaister (1d20+10)[29] (1d6+4)[9]
    DC 18 Fort or sickened for 1 round and extra (2d6)[8] damage
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jorran smirks as the priestess points at him. "No shadows to hide in this time. I'll take your head," he says after Black Sorrow speaks. He hefts the sword, but the spell makes his grip fall weak. Before he realizes what is happening, Black Sorrow is upon him, tossing him to the side like a ragdoll. That certainly helped his threats. He picks himself up from the floor and steps up to the grate, slashing at the monk over it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Stand
    5ft step to N17
    Standard Action: Attack Black Sorrow
    Attack: (1d20+8)[22]
    Damage: (2d6+7)[12]
    Frog in the playground.

My homebrewer's extended signature.

I have Str 5!

Quote Originally Posted by BobVosh View Post
    Wall of text attacks! CRITS!

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Denied his primary target and momentarily poisoned, Alaister dances around the wrackspawn, ducking under its weapon and drawing his sword as he spins around into a vicious cut.

Aya frowns as Sorrow briefly leaves her sight, abandoning stealth to take a step to the side. Her bow appears in her hand, a few sparks flashing as the spell she cast arcs from glove to dragonbone to metal. "No escaping today, Sorrow. This is your time," she whispers, faith in her Lady and herself leaving no room for doubt in the arrow's path.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alaister at 32/49. 5ft step to K16, draw sword, Rabid Wolf Strike W with IP.
    Attack: (1d20+8)[28]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[10] + (2d6)[6] (Edit: -2, forgot sickened here)

Aya stands up, 5ft steps to L25 and shoots Sorrow with a dragonsbreath, Fate Card for a 15.
    Attack: 26
    Damage: (3d6+9)[19] + 3 fire + 3 electricity, DC15 Reflex or catch fire for (1d6)[5]
    Last edited by Sallera; 2013-03-08 at 02:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Seeing Black Sorrow disappear right before his eyes, Cael steps back and reaches into the side pocket of his pack. Withdrawing a small liquid-filled bladder, he throws it to the ground. The outer sac ruptures upon impact, splashing every adjacent surface with a luminescent slime.

As he waits to see if the glowing substance reveals the monk's silhouette, Cael waves one hand over the haft of the ripper and instantly understands how best to wield it in combat.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free Action: 5-foot step to M18.

Move Action: Draw the Torch Bug Paste.

Standard Action: Throw the Torch Bug Paste at L15:M16
    Attack: (d20+3)[7]

Swift Action: Cast Master's Touch on the ripper.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle is slowest to respond, which doesn't surprise her. She's been concentrating on the flames in the corner of the barn. Her forehead is already beginning to bead with sweat and her mouth is dry, but she forces herself to push away old memories and focus on the task at hand.

She recognizes the demon that just attacked Jorran, so she calls out to her allies. "That's a wrackspawn. Try not to get hit with its spear, because otherwise there's a good chance of you doubling over in pain." "Try not to get hit with a spear" is probably advice that applies to any circumstance and most don't really need to hear it, but she's still a bit shaken by the fire.

Deciding to deal with the wrackspawn in the quickest way she could think of, she reaches to her belt and pulls out a vial of sand. She steps forward and tosses it, almost gently, at the demon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move action: Draw slumber sand
    5-foot step: to L17
    Standard action: Throw slumber sand at W. (1d20+4)[8] Fort DC 15 or sleep for 1 minute.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2013-03-08 at 05:05 PM.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

His sudden invisibility may protect Black Sorrow from Jorran's blade, but when Cael's bladder reveals his outline Aya's arrow has no trouble finding him, scoring a deep wound on his chest. He gasps, breaking off the shaft of the arrow with a quick motion before delivering a swift blow to Mirielle when she presents an opening. The monk pursues Cael, stepping inside his guard and trying to sweep him from his feet before knocking the ripper out of his hands, positioning himself to make it difficult for Jorran to scale the grate. The Wrackspawn took a solid hit from Alaister, but fights back uncaring with bonespear and a misshapen claw. Stavra focuses on Mirielle, wrapping the strands of the scourge around her arm. Thin flames dance over the metal coils, but the pain Mirielle registers is far too intense to be caused just by that, and it drains away her strength. "See what your god has wrought. That thing was once one of the Faithless. Years of torture have turned the poor soul into this. That's what pain can inflict, and you just wronged its mistress."

Spoiler
    Show

Sorry about the 'Cael's bladder' part. Had to.

Touch attack on Mirielle (1d20+7)[20]
    on hit, 1 fire damage, and DC 16 Will or cursed(-6 strength).
    Alaister, Mirielle, Cael and Jorran need a DC 15 Will save or be Shaken for 1 minute. Dreadful Wrath is fun.

W attacks Alaister
    (1d20+8)[26] (1d6+4)[8] Pain (2d6)[5]
    Claw [roll]1d20+3[roll] (2d4+2)[6]

B tries to trip Cael
    Touch - (1d20+8)[26] Trip - (1d20+8)[16]
    Touch - (1d20+8)[20] Trip - (1d20+8)[14]

Improved Trip bonus attack (1d20+8)[27] damage - (2d6+5)[10]
    second attack, if first trips successfully (1d20+8)[28] damage - (2d6+5)[8]

Disarm attempt (1d20+16)[22]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2013-03-08 at 06:58 PM.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Titan in the Playground

The intense pain and the emotional manipulation of Stavra's spell take away a good deal of Alaister's confidence, and he steps back, dropping the sword and trying to focus enough to foul the wrackspawn's footing.

Aya is focused intently on Sorrow's glowing form, trying to read his movements and intentions. The other targets were nothing but distractions until he was dead, and she fires as soon as she spots a gap in the melee, following up with another shot a few seconds later.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alaister 5ft steps to K17 and attempts to cast Grease defensively, using an IP on the Concentration check (DC16): (1d20+3)[18] If he succeeds, placing it in J15/K16.

Aya Rapid Shots Sorrow with normal arrows.
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[6] + 1 electricity
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[4] + 1 electricity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

9. - Top - End - #159
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle nearly doubles over in pain, but raises her head to snarl at Larshon. "Liar. You know as well as I that my master despises the Wall and that the only reason it remains is that it was forced on him. You also know as well as I that the torment that created this poor creature was inflicted by your mistress's servants, not Kelemvor. You are an odious being, less than a worm, consorting not only with demons but the abomination of the Ushemoi. You are barely worth fighting."

She steps back behind Alaister and, drawing another vial, hurls it at Larshon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delay until after Alaister.
    5-foot step: To K18
    Move action: Draw bile droppings.
    Standard action: Throw bile droppings at Larshon. (1d20-2)[3] (1d6)[6] damage, (1d6)[2] damage next turn, plus DC 13 Fort or sickened (getting hit imposes -4 penalty to save). If miss: (1d8)[1]
    Swift action: Activate Travel Devotion.
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ogre in the Playground

Although Cael manages to stay upright against Sorrow's first sweeping blow, his knee still buckles, leaving him off-balance against the monk's second attempt. He goes down hard, and a swift crack to the head ensures that he is no shape to resist Sorrow's attempt to knock the spear from his hands.

As he regains his senses, he notices Jorran's head rising just above the wall of the adjoining stall. Recognizing a uniquely beneficial avenue of escape, Cael calls out, "Jorran, wait!" just as the Luskanite is about to move against Black Sorrow once more. With a whispered word, Cael vanishes, and Jorran appears in his place.

Spoiler
    Show
    Cael will speak out of turn, hopefully convincing Jorran to delay his action until after Cael's.

Standard Action: Cast Benign Transposition targeting himself and Jorran. He automatically succeeds on the Concentration check to cast defensively.

Move Action: Stand up.

Swift Action: Activate a charge on his Amulet for 12 temporary HP.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jorran holds his sword raised as Alhruar shouts at him to wait. He pauses for a second, only to feel himself shifting in place, finding himself face to face with Black Sorrow. He brings the sword down again, before taking a step back from the pile of acid tossed by Mirielle. He whispers a command word.

Spoiler
    Show

Attack Black Sorrow
    Attack: (1d20+9)[10] (with Bless)
    Damage: (2d6+7)[18]
    Take a 5ft step back (To M19).
    Swift: Activate Brute Gauntlets, 3 charges (+4 to Strength checks, Strength-based skill checks and weapon damage for 1 round). Should remain active until the end of my next turn.

Fort Save vs sicken: (1d20+5)[6] (with Conviction)

This part is mostly so I remember what I'm doing
    AC: 20 (+5 armor, +4 Dex, +2 Deflect, -1 Flaw)
    HP: 48/58 (14 Temp HP, 2 more rounds of lesser vigor left)
    Buffs: Conviction (+2 to saves), Shield of Faith (+2 Deflection to AC), Brute Gauntlets 3 charges (+4 to Strength checks, Strength-based skill checks and weapon damage for 1 round)
    Debuffs: Wave of Grief (-3 to Attack, Ability checks, skill checks, Saves), Sickened (-2 to Attack rolls, Weapon damage rolls, skill checks, ability checks, and saving throws), Shaken (-2 penalty on all attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks)
    Last edited by Frog Dragon; 2013-03-09 at 05:23 AM.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

12. - Top - End - #162
    Titan in the Playground

"Far from every torture is done in Loviatar's name. But we are good at it, and I judge you well-deserving." She wraps her whip around Mirielle's throat, choking her with a forceful pull as she continues to sap her strength and resolve.

Another arrow finds Black Sorrow, but Jorran's cut is well off the mark when Cael's sudden switch in their positions throws off his orientation for a moment. The monk pursues, hooking his staff between Jorran's legs when he tries to take a step back, pushing his elbow against Jorran's upper chest to force him into a backwards bend and fall before knocking on the fingers holding the sword. "New blade. No difference."

The Wrackspawn falls on the slippery ground and rises again with a frustrated snarl, bringing its claw to bear with a brutal uppercut. In the meantime, the fire keeps spreading, now starting t reach to wooden structure above the stone base of the walls.

Spoiler
    Show

you notice a minor amount of DR on Sorrow

The Wrackspawn provokes an AoO
    Attack on Alaister (1d20+8)[11]

Larshon
    Touch - (1d20+7)[27] 1 Fire, -2 Str and Dex for 1 minute. No save.
    Intimidate Mirielle - (1d20+14)[32]

Sorrow
    Touch - (1d20+8)[21] Trip - (1d20+8)[23]
    Touch - (1d20+8)[13] Trip - (1d20+8)[11]

Improved Trip bonus attack (1d20+8)[26] (2d6+5)[16]
    If first trip successful (1d20+8)[23] (2d6+5)[13]

Disarm (1d20+16)[21]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2013-03-09 at 10:39 AM.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jorran curses internally as he falls. Even the magic he had invoked had failed to give him the strength to resist. The monk was simply too skillful. Next, the monk struck his fingers, causing his grip on the sword to loosen.

It was a familiar situation from their last battle, but like back then, Jorran was not going to give up yet. He bounds back up, leaving the sword on the floor before reaching for the monk, kicking his feet off from under him before tossing him at his allies' feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Stand
    Standard Action: Mighty Throw Black Sorrow
    Touch: (1d20+3)[8]
    Strength Check: (1d20+6)[8]
    Going to toss him into K17 Hopefully Mirielle and Alaister can stomp on him while he's prone (if I succeed here).
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

14. - Top - End - #164
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle begins trembling—from the spreading fire, she hopes, not Larshon's threat—but the remnants of her protective magic protect her from being sapped of too much energy. Carefully she begins working the last of her Power, then steps to the side and touches Black Sorrow, hoping to sap some of his energy, then brings her quarterstaff down on him for good measure.

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step: To L19.
    Swift action: DMM quickened bestow curse on Black Sorrow. Cast defensive: (1d20+15)[32] Touch: (1d20+4)[15] Holding the charge if miss.
    Standard action: Attack Black Sorrow (with curse if missed, with staff otherwise). (1d20+4)[12] (1d6+3)[7]

Curse is -4 penalty on attack rolls, saves, ability checks, and skill checks.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Alaister sidesteps beside Mirielle, grabs his sword, and thrusts at Sorrow, recognizing the need to take at least one target out of the fight.

Aya scowls as the focus of the fight starts turning from staying unnoticed to staying alive, but unless they retreated outside, the best she could do for them at the moment was to keep feathering Sorrow. Just need one more good shot...

Spoiler
    Show
    Alaister 5ft steps to L18, grabs his sword (whyyy does he not carry a backup weapon...), and Steely Strikes Sorrow (inspired).
    Attack: (1d20+7)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[14]

Aya Rapid Shots Sorrow with the last of her dragonsbreath. Since, y'know, the barn's on fire anyway.
    Attack 1: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[5] + 1 fire + 1 electricity, DC15 Reflex or catch fire for (1d6)[2]
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[29]
    Damage: (1d6+3)[9] + 1 fire + 1 electricity, DC15 Reflex or catch fire for (1d6)[3]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

Squaring himself to Sorrow's exposed flank, Cael draws his sword and slashes across the edge of the stall. Then, in preparation for the inevitable counter attack, he channels his magic inward, invoking a spell to punish those who would harm him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move Action: Draw his sword.

Standard Action: Attack Black Sorrow.
    Attack (including +2 flanking bonus): (d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (d8+3)[8]

Swift Action: Cast Karmic Aura. Anyone within 20 ft. who damages him must make a DC 17 Will save or be fatigued for 3 rounds.
    Last edited by rypt; 2013-03-09 at 07:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Jorran's attempt to grab Black Sorrow is almost casually deflected and Cael's swing is too easy to read with the grate limiting his field of attack, but both of Aya's arrows find him, the second one missing his throat by an inch and instead cutting his carotid artery, the rapid blood loss staining his hempen shirt red. He takes a step back, eyes closed in focus before fixing on the archer outside with an unpleasant look.

Stavra Larshon hisses in frustration seeing the near-fatal wound on her companion and decides to take drastic measures to put the numbers on a more even footing. The vile aura of the spell she casts at Alaister makes your skin crawl and he doubles over with a wail of intense pain, his skin blistering and dripping fluid. The wheezing cough from the Wrackspawn might be a distorted laugh, if such a creature is even still capable of any form of joy, and somehow you just know it is most intimately familiar with what the manyfaced man is feeling right now. But his agony is cut short when the Wrackspawn plunges its jagged bonespear through the hollow above his collarbone deep into the vitals, and the blood drains from Alaister's face unnaturally fast. His cry of pain intensifies for a moment, impossible as it seems, then he collapses and is no more.

Larshon smirks in satisfaction, her striking green eyes fixing on Jorran. "Such a shame when the pain only lasts a few seconds."

Spoiler
    Show

Sort of like the finishing blow Game of Thrones' Bron used in the trial by battle. Is there a common name for that location? Seems it's called Supraclavicular fossa in anatomy.

Larshon casts Wrack. The event is obviously scripted, so the spell can't be interrupted.
    Intimidate on Jorran (1d20+14)[17]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2013-03-09 at 07:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, you'll regret that later, Larshon. You may have just made things more convenient for me, but he was still nominally an ally. I don't forgive such slights easily. Dark thoughts aside, Sorrow still came first. He was looking close to death, but his lack of action made Aya cautious, and she'd definitely caught his attention. Whatever trick he had planned this time... best to use one of her own to get around it. Brushing the tips of her fingers together around the shaft of the bow, she activates the magic in her glove, preparing for a fatal blow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate the glove for a True Strike.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2013-03-11 at 11:06 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Realizing that, of the two of her allies that couldn't see in the dark, one had died and the other run away—again—Mirielle waits until the Loviatans are about to move and douses the light around her neck, then draws the remaining vial of bile droppings before sidestepping to give Aya a cleaner shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    Delay until right before the Loviatans.
    Standard action: Dismiss daylight
    Move action: Draw bile droppings.
    5-foot step: To K19
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2013-03-10 at 02:57 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Jorran had nearly died just a minute ago. He was weakened and unarmed. And now this Larshon had set her eyes on him. He briefly considered rushing at her right there and then, but he didn't know what she was capable of. And beside her stood Black Sorrow, who had tossed him about like a ragdoll throughout both of their battles.

Maneuvering carefully to avoid the whip, Jorran started backing out of the building.

Spoiler
    Show
    A full withdraw move would actually take me outside the map. On the map, 26H looks good. If we're going to outside the map, I could reach 29H as far as I can tell.
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

21. - Top - End - #171
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as the tide of battle seemed like it might be turning in their favor, it turns back, and Cael's stomach drops at the sound of Alaister's tortured scream. With the blade adept's loss, he is suddenly aware of his isolated position and the difficulties he may have if the group decides to retreat. Taking a step back from the grate, he sets his will against the wounded monk, hoping to cripple his mind and leave him vulnerable to a final volley of arrows.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: 5-foot step to O18.

Standard Action: Cast Daze Monster on Black Sorrow. DC 17 Will save or be unable to take any actions for 1 round.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Titan in the Playground

Just when Cael starts the gestures of a spell Black Sorrow is wreathed in shadows and vanishes, an instant later reappearing right next to Aya, staff raised high and ready to strike.

The Wrackspawn cuts off Alaister's head and raises the grisly trophy, the oversized and misshapen claw almost wrapping entirely around the grimacing skull. Then suddenly, the creature is outlined in a blue-white light and disappears with a short flash, the duration of the summoning having run out.

The fiery haired priestess keeps focusing on Mirielle, draining the lifeforce from her body with negative energy channeled through the strands of her scourge.

Spoiler
    Show

Aya
    Larshon
    Jorran
    Cael
    Sorrow
    Mirielle

Attack on Mirielle Touch - (1d20+7)[15] 1 Fire and Inflict Medium Wounds (2d8+5)[16] Will 15 halves
    Intimidate - (1d20+14)[20]

Cael and Jorran to act. Aya can revise her action in light of monk in her face
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2013-03-11 at 12:41 AM.

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

A ray of sparkling light streams from Cael's hand as he attempts to disrupt Larshon's casting. Unfortunately, in his haste to complete the spell on time, he fails to properly aim it, and the beam flies harmlessly over the Loviatan's head.

With the wrackspawn's grisly disappearance and Sorrow's timely teleportation, Cael is certainly out of position now, if not in the way it had seemed only a moment before. Cursing in frustration, he moves back towards the grate, sending a trio of arcane bolts arcing over top as he sets his feet in preparation to follow them.

Spoiler
    Show
    Free action: 5-foot step to N18.

Standard action: Magic missile at Larshon.
    Damage: (3d4+3)[7]

Cael is now completely out of 1st and 2nd level spells
    Last edited by rypt; 2013-03-11 at 02:05 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Seeing Black Sorrow close behind, Jorran turns on his heels. Now he was after Aya, who had given him his most grievous wounds in this battle. It was clear that running away from the fight was no use, and no Black Sorrow was away from Larshon, who was fighting both Cael and Mirielle at once. If they could get Black Sorrow out of the way, Larshon was as good as done.

Drawing his scimitar, Jorran rushes at Black Sorrow.

Spoiler
    Show
    Drawing scimitar in the charge used to initiate Charging Minotaur, ending charge at 25K. This should be my 5th round of ferocity, by my count.

Strength check: (1d20+2)[11]
    Damage: (2d6+3)[13]
    Frog in the playground.

I have Str 5!

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Aya fakes a look of panic as Sorrow appears right in front of her, but in truth, she's having more trouble suppressing a smirk. He'd wasted his teleportation magic, he was standing on the grass, and he thought he could stop her. Perhaps one more volley, to draw him away from the edge of the road, then she could tie him up and finish him off.

Stepping back, she fires off another pair of shots before banishing her bow into her glove so he couldn't take it from her.

Spoiler
    Show
    5ft step back to L...29, I guess that would be. Rapid Shot with normal arrows, free action to store bow in glove.

Attack 1: (1d20+9)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[10] + 1 electricity
    Attack 2: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+3)[9] + 1 electricity
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #176
    Titan in the Playground

This time Aya's shot pierces Black Sorrow's lung and he drops his staff, avoiding collapsing on the spot by sheer strength of will. Just then, Jorran charges in and throws the monk back with a brutal charge, the Loviatan's neck breaking with an audible crack.

Spoiler
    Show
    No more Sorrow. Mirielle and Aya to act.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Mirielle steps out of range of Larshon's whip and tries parlaying with her. "It's over, Stavra, and you know it. Your pet demon is gone, your pitbull dead, and the elf out there can hit you with no trouble. I'm not afraid of you, and neither is the elf in the corner over there. If you surrender, you can be treated fairly and civilly until we determine who's in your pocket and how to give you a fair trial. If not..." she shrugs. "Well, you saw Black Sorrow. I've done enough autopsies to know what a neck bent like that does."

As she speaks, she activates the wand in her staff to knit together a few more of her wounds.

Spoiler
    Show
    5-foot step: to J20
    Standard Action: Use wand of cure light wounds in staff. (1d8+1)[3]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Titan in the Playground

Flicking her fingers together softly, Aya draws on the magic in her glove, smirking at Larshon. Finally, the damned monk was dead, and if Larshon didn't give up, the next arrow would make her regret the choice.

Spoiler
    Show
    Activate True Strike from glove.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

Disdain clear on her face, Larshon channels another spell through her scourge, the flames turning black when they are infused with negative energy. "If you are not afraid, why is your voice shaking?"

The remaining priestess rushes off towards the back of the barn, past the fire to the open door of a small room.

Spoiler
    Show

'I'm not afraid' will not sound convincing when you're shaken in the same turn.

Touch - (1d20+7)[23]
    1 Fire, Inflict Serious Wounds (3d8+5)[20] Will 16 halves
    Intimidate - (1d20+14)[31]

If this takes down Mirielle she will move to L22 instead of 5 foot stepping and intimidating

30. - Top - End - #180
    Titan in the Playground

"My body shrinks from pain like any animal's," Mirielle responds from disdainfully. "I am not afraid of you, Larshon. You should know the difference. I have nothing to fear from death, unlike you." She nods at Cael, and then at Jorran. "Take her," she says grimly before backing out of the doorway to join Aya.

Spoiler
    Show
    Withdraw to K26.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2013-03-12 at 01:06 PM.