New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1054
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC II

"Such strategic mobility is invaluable but not without risk here. Not only would we go in blind but we'd also be on a very tight clock as without outside interference they could move their outside troops in and catch us between hammer and anvil." It took a lot of restraint for Grimmgang not to make immediate use of it when Shard placed such a capability at their feet. His line of work had always been about moving fast and unexpected, strike where the enemy was most vulnerable. That and gaining one other thing they were sorely lacking right now. "What we need is more information. Cutting off the head of the snake would throw them in disarray, but we don't know where it is and if we even have a realistic fighting chance. So out of all the presented options I'd first like to look at the one where we can reasonably guess at the chances. How well do the remaining Wanderers match up to the Bringers in numbers, weaponry and special assets like magic and monsters? All I know right now is they might have a dragon and you don't." Deep trenches dug into his brow as he considered another question. "How did they kill your totem anyway?"
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2016-07-25 at 04:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Troll in the Playground

"Your reasoning is sound," agreed Shard. "At the least I can provide the option for tactical retreat, or escape should we be caught between said blacksmithing implements."

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Titan in the Playground

"I wish I knew," is Davos's only answer to his totem's fate. "I assume they either managed an ambush better than I'd credit them for, or they had help from their own - or from outside."

"It is difficult to guess at the exact numbers we have remaining, but I would say certainly less than the Bringers. Perhaps as low as half. I felt how the power of Xaxhan's dragonsong has grown, however, and that is an asset I am fairly certain they lack. In tribesmen I believe it would more than make up the difference. Their beasts are strong, but stupid and spiteful, and I imagine we could convince them to run into a hail of enhanced arrows. Against their most powerful champions, however, I am perhaps the only one remaining who could face them on equal or better terms. If we fight directly, I would ask your assistance in killing them."
    Wriggle avatar by memnarch.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

"A force multiplier," Grimmgang said with a nod at Daros's assessment of Xaxhan's frostsong. They had used it to great effect with just a group of four, in a confrontation with dozens of combatants it should prove downright devastating. "Guess we can work on those terms. I've spent forty years at war, a campaign lasting perhaps a couple weeks on a far-removed exotic continent almost sounds like a vacation." His smirk didn't quite qualify as mirthless, but it certainly wasn't an expression of genuine joy either. "So I guess the question is whether our reluctant prince is reluctant enough to rather go dragon hunting or porting into the middle of an enemy army."

Spoiler
    Show
    Don't think the repeated mention of a looming constellation is a coincidence, but I can't see any reason for our characters to believe it has anything to do with them apart from the possibility of our arrival having been prophesied.
    Actually, when you first put up the post where the gazebo started trying to eat us, I assumed you were pulling our legs and you'd put up the real post soon enough.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya listens patiently to the planning.

"It seems we have something of a plan then. We four," she indicates herself, the Shard, Grimmgang, and Davos "Can draw their forces to a location where we have established archers supported by Xaxhan. Once we have them there, the archers will hail arrows down, and while their troops fall under that attack, all five of us can engage their stronger champions directly, in twos and threes. If we can take out a large enough chunk of their tribe, we may not even have to address their totem right now."

She raises one hand above the other.

"Or, we can try to get a surprise attack, using stealth and transportation magic, and eliminate their totem at the start, weakening the resolve of the rest of the tribe. I think the plan with more control is the first though."
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Troll in the Playground

Shard nodded to Grimmgang. "Of us all you are the most experienced in the stratagems of war. Whatever you decide we will follow."

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

"Here's a good rule of thumb when fighting the same enemy for a prolonged time: don't reveal all your best cards right away, try to stagger it so you have the advantage of surprise in multiple engagements. The frostsong can let us win a significant victory in an ambush even if the numbers are about even. After that we can still use that strategic mobility to strike unexpectedly at one of their leaders or even the totem if we find it. Once we link up with the remaining Wanderer forces we can see how much they now about the upper echelons of the Bringers. And I'm not necessarily talking about their strongest fighters; when talking army against army it can be more beneficial to take out a level-headed and clever leader than a powerful individual. And if you're mean you can just give a particularly reckless officer a field promotion by taking out his superior." A devilish smirk spread over Grimmgang's lower face; that was one of the most entertaining memories from his experience in the War, a blood-soiled diamond found in the depths of man-made hell. Killing one man to bring a foolhardy gloryhound into power paid off a hundredfold.

"Well then Lord Fancypants, do the Wanderers have someone to rally around or not?"
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2016-08-12 at 02:04 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Titan in the Playground

With an overly-dramatized sigh, Xaxhan nods. "Haven't got much of a choice, have I? I suppose there's little harm in putting on a bit of a show."

"Let us camp here for the night, then," Daros says with mostly-concealed relief. "We will need runners to spread the word to those in hiding; the Bringers should still have a forward base nearby where they will have brought prisoners. Come the dawn, we can strike there, destroy their guards and commander, and bolster our forces."

Late morning brings you to within visible distance of a warcamp sprawled out over a patch of scrubland. Concealed in the treeline, you can see three dracotaurs and a richly dressed Seren near what appears to be the corpse of the Wanderers' totem; several other warriors are scattered about the camp, and over a dozen prisoners are bound to stakes with leather cords near the edge of the camp. Most look beaten and exhausted, dangling in their bindings, although whether Daros's knuckles whitening on the haft of his hammer is in response to that or the dracotaur casually chewing on a piece of his former totem is unclear.

Spoiler
    Show
    You have time to discuss your approach. Decide which direction you're coming from and how you wish to begin.

Last edited by Sallera; 2016-08-18 at 10:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Titan in the Playground

The approach was altogether too easy; no outriders roaming the surrounding countryside, no sentries on elevated positions outside the camp proper, no ditches or stakes in the ground. Perhaps some hidden pitfalls and other traps, but given the overall lack of effort most likely not. They weren't even trying, either too sure of their victory - not wholly without reason with the enemy totem dead at their feet - or war developed in a less professionalized way here. Khorvaire had a straight century to learn the finer points and at a much larger scale at that, even when accounting for honest to the gods dragons. As his calculating eyes roamed over the encampment, his cloaked body almost seamlessly blending into the greenery, Grimmgang was tempted to call them amateurs but resolved to reserve such judgement until after the engagement. It wouldn't do to die to an old soldier's elitism.

"Help me out here Daros," he said when their gazes focused in the same direction, though his attention was taken by the figure close to the totem's corpse which held little interest to him; dead and gone, more a hindrance than an asset given its potential effects on morale. He'd have to make sure they dispose of the body lest the Bringers might think of fashioning its skull into a battle standard. 'Do they even use banners around here?' was idly wondered but remained unsaid. "That guy over there, fancy but not Xaxhan-fancy. Know anything about the Bringers' leadership?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Uh, is it Daros or Davos? You used both in multiple posts as I just noticed. At a guess it is Daros and you had a Game of Thrones-induced slip.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2016-08-18 at 11:12 AM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Titan in the Playground

Twitching as he refocuses on the camp's apparent leader, Daros squints into the distance and gives a slow nod. "I do not know his name, but I have heard reports of a powerful sorcerer directing assaults at crucial points. As he carries no weapon and the beasts defer to him, that is likely who we are looking at. Ward yourselves against his flames if you can."

Spoiler
    Show
    murgle... It's been years since I read anything ASoIaF and I've still had to consciously avoid doing that every post. Should have just renamed the guy.
    Last edited by Sallera; 2016-08-18 at 10:35 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Titan in the Playground

"That should not be necessary. He goes first." At last that itch Grimmgang had felt ever since Shard mentioned its ability to teleport them was about to be scratched. The lopsided grin on his lips remained unseen, his wrapped cloak leaving but a small window for his eyes before he shuffled backwards and put his back to the trunk of a tree to more comfortably talk with no visual line to the camp. "Shard, you'll port Daiya, Daros, yourself and me right on top of the sorcerer and we cut him down before they know what hit 'em. Go invisible just to be safe, never feel comfortable sneaking when there's a potential line on you. Xax, invisible as well and a bit of music right before the port. We might leave auditory range for a bit but the effect lingers for a bit, right?" He waited a moment for confirmation then continued. "Once we're in approach invisibly from the northwest and summon some critters to chew through the prisoners' bindings. By then there's hopefully some spare weapons lying around for them to pick up. Daros, stick close, crystal skull here has a protective aura that will protect us all from blows if we don't fan out too much. Buckle up and cast whatever buffs you think necessary, we'll be getting a lot of heat from all directions."

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Troll in the Playground

Shard took in the plan, then spent a few moments magically and psionically augmenting itself. Once all preparations had been made, it completed the teleport as requested.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya takes her sword for a moment to reassure herself that it has her spell ready to release, then pulls her blindfold down and spends a moment readjusting to her previous senses.

"I'm as ready as I am likely to get."
    Currently operating the 5e Subclass Contest and the 5e Base Class Contest. Check them out if even just to vote or give feedback, we love that in there.

Spoiler
    Show

My DMsGuild content. Most of it was written with feedback from right here on the forums.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Titan in the Playground

Creeping closer under cover of invisibility, you manage to gain a good line of sight on your target, and with a dramatic chord from Xaxhan drawing the camp's attention away from their leader, you appear in perfect position to strike. Daros doesn't hesitate, fading into visibility with a punishing overhand swing.

Spoiler
    Show
    Xaxhan used +4d6 DFI. Daiya and Grimmgang have a surprise round action left, after which we move into initiative:
    Daiya
    Grimmgang
    Shard
    Enemies
    Daros
    Xaxhan

Daros's attack: (1d20+15)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[34] + (5d6)[20] cold

Last edited by Sallera; 2016-09-05 at 11:59 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Titan in the Playground

The disorienting instant shift in his perception at the moment of the teleport was nothing new to Grimmgang, having had quite recently plenty of time to experiment with his new boots among many other things. Using the sun, the bonfire and the dragon corpse as fixed points he memorized the general outlay of the camp and wasted no precious seconds on reorienting himself, fully aware of a dangerous enemy merely a dozen feet behind his uncovered back. But for now all that mattered was the foe right in front of him, the central piece he had decided to sweep off the board right in the first move. Much as strategists like to be referred to as chessmasters, it doesn't do their own craft justice - chess never offers you an opportunity to be plain unfair like that.

With blade and hammer surrounding the caster on all sides Grimmgang decided to set him up for a telling blow while delivering one himself, a blow at the ribcage aiming more to shatter than to cut.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bone Crusher Attack 1 - (1d20+16)[21]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[9] + Cold damage - (4d6)[14]
    Fort DC 17 or become vulnerable to critical hits

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya follows in with a swing of her own sword, hoping to unleash the spell stored within it before her foe has a chance to raise defensive magics.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just gonna do the attacking thing.

[roll]1d20+14[/roll]
    [roll1]
    [roll2]
    [roll3] DC 17 Will Save half

I'm guessing that he has a beating heart and is therefor not going to cause me to deal with miss chance.

Last edited by MoleMage; 2016-09-13 at 06:46 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Titan in the Playground

The Seren sorcerer reacts unnaturally quickly to the sudden appearance of foes with weapons raised, his reflexes clearly magic-aided, but for all that he moves to evade one blow, he cannot see them all, and he dies with half-formed flames hanging in the air around him, the interrupted spell turning on its caster in the absence of a controlling mind and beginning to consume the body. His warriors are less prepared for sudden disturbances, and some have not yet even processed the death of their leader.

Spoiler
    Show
    Round 1 actions from Grimm, Daiya and Shard.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Titan in the Playground

The urge to stare was quite strong after that display, but there was no time to dawdle so Grimmgang accepted without question they had just immolated someone by putting cold steel through his heart. So far things were going exactly as planned but a good number of bodies still had to hit the floor before they were through here, most concerning the three dracotaur shamans surrounding them. A short dash turning into a leap brought him out of the box and into reach of one of the dracotaurs' upper body and after a quick slash he landed in a roll with the beast between himself and Daros.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move to L16
    Soaring Raptor Strike on R1
    Jump vs AC - (1d20+22)[32] Attack - (1d20+20)[33]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[7] + Maneuver damage - (6d6)[22] + Skirmish damage - (3d6)[12] + Cold damage - (4d6)[20]
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2016-09-21 at 09:34 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Troll in the Playground

Shard recalled one of Grimmgang's campfire stories of fighting centaurs in the great war, and how it was a simple matter to cut their legs out from under them. It seemed a similar tactic would work against these draconic quadrapeds. One of the crystal slivers floating like a razored halo around its head flew out at one of the creatures, the distraction allowing Shard to close the gap and make a brutal horizontal slash at its foreleg knee joint.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

Attacking R2
    Free Action: Cloud of Knives: (1d20+13)[18] threat 19-20
    Piercing Damage: (1d20+5)[23]

Swift Action: Cast Blade of Blood, take 5 Damage into Furious Counterstrike.
    Diagonal 5 foot step to Q19
    Free Action: Expend Psionic Focus for Deep Impact
    Standard Action: Stone Bones as Touch Attack: (1d20+16)[23] threat 19-20
    Damage: (4d6+11)[27] Slashing + (3d6)[10] Spell + (4d6)[8] Cold

If it connects +5 DR/Adamantine for 1 round.

Move Action: Psionic Mediation to Regain Focus

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya steps lightly in following the Shard's attack, seeking to engage its target so that Daros would not have to disengage his and Grimmgang's.

"We have maybe 20 more seconds before they have all closed on us. If we are lucky."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Move to P19.

(1d20+14)[25] Attack
    (1d10+5)[10] Damage
    (4d6)[14] Cold Damage

I'm assuming my spell was consumed on their sorcerer, but if he died before my swing came up then I'll release it here. It would be 3d8+9 Will 17 half.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Titan in the Playground

Two of the shamans rear back in pain, but their wounds are far from fatal, and they retaliate without hesitation, polished axes reflecting the nearby flames. The third roars orders to the surrounding Seren, a few less attentive Bringers snapping to attention, and you can hear several answering cries from the tents as well. A few sickly-coloured rays fly in your direction, while other guards seem to be turning their hands into flexible stone, and they all converge on the centre.

Xaxhan's invisible chorus continues where it left off, one particularly low chord coinciding with the appearance of a bear with long blond fur that makes a beeline for the bound Wanderers. Daros joins Grimmgang in his assault with a flurry of crushing blows, putting one shaman firmly in the ground.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ranged touch on Shard: (1d20)[3] for (1d6+1)[5] Dex penalty

Ranged touch on Grimmgang: (1d20)[19] for (1d6+1)[6] Str penalty

Attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+12)[23]
    Damage: (2d6+13)[20]
    Bite: (1d20+7)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[7]
    Tail: (1d20+7)[19]
    Damage: (1d8+12)[15]

Attack on Shard: (1d20+14)[33]
    Damage: (2d6+13)[17]
    Attack: (1d20+14)[29]
    Damage: (2d6+13)[19]
    Bite: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[13]
    Tail: (1d20+9)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+12)[20]

Daros's attack: (1d20+20)[37]
    Damage: (1d8+18)[21] + (5d6)[21] cold
    Attack: (1d20+15)[29]
    Damage: (1d8+18)[21] + (5d6)[18] cold
    Attack: (1d20+10)[17]
    Damage: (1d8+18)[23] + (5d6)[17] cold

Last edited by Sallera; 2016-11-20 at 02:21 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Troll in the Playground

With a flash of blue light, the adventurers and their allies were surrounded by glowing nimbuses of blue force. For Shard's part this sacred force took the brunt of several blows.

Shard looked up at the two towering dracotaurs...it didn't like being flanked, but it had spent the energy it could have used to dimension hop to a more advantageous position on the last second clutch deflection. Well then, the next best thing was to remove another of the creatures flanking it. Lashing out with another razored flechette, the crystal crusader bit deep once more into the accosting shaman with the penetrating strength of the mountain hammer.

Show
    As discussed OOC, pop Protection Devotion with Immediate Action, granting all allied within 30' a +4 sacred bonus to AC for 10 rounds.

Top of round:

Free Action: Cloud of Knives at R2 again (1d20+13)[25] threat 19-20
    Piercing Damage: (1d6+5)[11]

Free Action: Expend Focus for Deep Impact...
    Fee Action: Charge Sword for 2 PP

Standard Action: Touch Attack Mountain Hammer on R2 (1d20+16)[27] threat 19-20
    Damage: (4d6+11)[23] slashing + (4d6)[12] Cold + (2d6)[8] Maneuver (damage ignores DR)

Move Action: Regain Focus

Round 1 (1d5)[2] Douse the Flames
    Round 1 (1d4)[1] Vanguard Strike
    Round 2 (1d3)[1] Stone Bones
    Round 3 (1d2)[1] Mountain Hammer
    Round 4 Crusader Strike
    Last edited by TekHed; 2016-11-22 at 07:21 PM.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Titan in the Playground

Grimmgang made for the line of Bringers, leaving his left side open while underselling his speed and just as his quarry commited to a powerful horizontal strike he went inside his guard with a sudden burst, the axehead going past his body harmlessly with only the lower part of the haft making contact. He put his shield arm around the ones of his assailant and pushed up at the elbow to force him into a painful joint lock. Putting the hook of his axe through the soft underside of the restrained warrior's jaw was little more than a formality after that. A snap kick made the dying man stumble into the line of his compatriots, a moment later followed by Grimmgang who descended on them with a furious barrage of slashes.

Spoiler
    Show
    No14 then P13. Provoke AoO from B3 unless tumble success Tumble - (1d20+17)[25]

Steel Wind
    Attack on B3 - (1d20+14)[20]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[10] + Skirmish damage - (3d6)[13] + Cold damage - (4d6)[15]
    Attack on B4 - (1d20+14)[32]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[7] + Skirmish damage - (3d6)[12] + Cold damage - (4d6)[21]

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

"Maybe we'll be lucky and they won't have protective magics up as strongly as last time." Daiya mutters under her breath. Letting the Shard fight with the flanking dracotaurs, Daiya took the rare opportunity of enemies being grouped without allies next to them to unleash a blast of heat and flame on the approaching line of bringers.

Show

5ft to O18.

Casting Fireball so that it hits B1 through B4. I checked and my action comes before Grimmgang in the turn order, so this should be before he (or Daros) enters the radius of the blast. If it isn't for some reason, I will standard attack R2 and then step away to O18.

Fireball damage: (9d6)[36] DC 18 half. (used to say DC 17, forgot I had spell focus(Evocation).
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2016-11-30 at 04:28 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Titan in the Playground

Although the dracotaur stubbornly clings to life long past when an ordinary opponent would have fallen, Grimmgang and Shard finally manage to cut it past what the unnatural energies holding it together can support, and it crumples to the ground; the third bats the dwarf's axe aside and disengages to target Daiya as a pair of stone-fisted Bringers tackle her and Daros from behind. Faced with the beast that had been defiling his totem, Daros returns the favour with reckless enthusiasm.

Several more Seren stumble out of the tents, in various states of undress but invariably armed with axe or spell, while Xaxhan's song draws nearer and his pet attempts to free one of the prisoners.

Spoiler
    Show
    Touch attack on Daiya: (1d20+9)[23]
    Grapple attempt: (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[4]

Touch attack on Daros: (1d20+9)[15]
    Grapple attempt: (1d20+11)[20]
    Opposed: (1d20+17)[29]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[3]

Ranged touch on Shard: (1d20+4)[14] for a (1d6+1)[7] Dex penalty

Attack on Daiya: (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage: (2d6+13)[20]
    Bite: (1d20+7)[12]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[12]
    Tail: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+12)[16]

Daros's attack: (1d20+15)[20]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[32] + (5d6)[17] cold
    Daros's attack: (1d20+10)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[32] + (5d6)[13] cold
    Daros's attack: (1d20+5)[16]
    Damage: (1d8+28)[30] + (5d6)[18] cold

Bear's attack: (1d20+6)[19]
    Damage: (1d4+4)[6]

Last edited by Sallera; 2016-12-10 at 02:25 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Titan in the Playground

"Keep your head down Daiya!" Seeing her restrained by one of the tribesmen Grimmgang moved to interfere, using the warrior's inability to dodge to aim a horizontal cut straight at his exposed neck.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tumble to N19
    Swift: Sudden Recovery, sacrifice 1 Skirmish die to regain Steel Wind
    Mountain Hammer
    Dwarven Waraxe - (1d20+14)[23]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[13] + Maneuver damage - (2d6)[5] + Skirmish damage - (2d6)[6] + Cold damage - (4d6)[17]

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

As reinforcements spilled out, Shard maintained its intense focus on the largest of their foes. Distracting it with a crystal dagger to the face, it stepped smoothly within the dracotaur's reach, and slashed the recurved tip of its huge deep crystal sword up under the creature's upper armpits...

Show
    Free: Cloud of Knives at R3: (1d20+14)[17] threat 19-20, for (1d6+6)[10] Piercing
    5-foot step diagonal up-left to P13
    Swift: Cast Blade of Blade (auto succeed Concentration, Expend 5 HP to Empower)
    Free: Charge Blade (2 PP)
    Free: Expend Focus for Deep Impact
    Standard: Touch Attack Vanguard Strike R3: (1d20+16)[32] for (4d6+11)[23] Slashing + (3d6)[14] Necromancy + (4d6)[12] Cold
    If Successful al allies get +4 to strike R3 until next Turn.
    Move Action: Psionic Meditation Regain Focus

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Ogre in the Playground

Daiya wrestles with her foe only briefly, before hunching her head down at Grimmgang's warning and approaching feet. As soon as the blow lands, she is coming up, moving to put her back to the bonfire and blast another group of foes with magic.

"Thank you."

Spoiler
    Show

5ft step to O19.

Casting a fireball centered on J-K 16-17 (I don't know why the spell radius diagrams assume an intersection instead of a space.

Targets affected: B19-B24, B6

DC 18 Reflex Half (9d6)[40] Fire damage

EDIT: To correct my spoiler tags.
    Last edited by MoleMage; 2017-01-04 at 01:08 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Titan in the Playground

A rather blood-spattered Daiya continues to turn the Seren tribe's favoured tool against them, a wave of fire nearly eliminating the western half of the encirclement. The remaining warriors appear slightly hesitant, but the dracotaur effectively ignoring Shard's deep cut seems to encourage them, and they dart in like wolves, seeking the softest targets they can reach. Daros takes advantage of the opening left by Shard's assault to pay back his spilled blood threefold, and Xaxhan finally reveals himself, aiding his newest pet in attempting to free the prisoners.

Spoiler
    Show
    B11's ranged touch on Daiya: (1d20+4)[18] for a (1d6+1)[3] Dex penalty

B17's ranged touch on Daros: (1d20)[11] for a (1d6+1)[6] Str penalty

B14's touch attack on Daiya: (1d20+7)[14]
    Grapple attempt: (1d20+11)[21]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[5]

B10's touch attack on Grimmgang: (1d20+7)[21]
    Grapple attempt: (1d20+11)[29]
    Damage: (1d3+2)[3]

B12's touch attack on Shard: (1d20+7)[26]
    Grapple attempt: (1d20+11)[16]

B2's touch attack on Daros: (1d20+7)[13]
    Grapple attempt: (1d20+11)[15]
    Opposed: (1d20+17)[34]

R3's attack on Daros: (1d20+12)[32]
    Damage: (2d6+13)[22]
    Bite: (1d20+7)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+6)[7]
    Tail: (1d20+7)[24]
    Damage: (1d8+12)[13]

B23's attack on Daros: (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[13]

B13's attack on Daiya: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[11]

B15's attack on Shard: (1d20+8)[18]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[14]

B9's attack on Shard: (1d20+8)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+7)[9]

Last edited by Sallera; 2017-02-08 at 02:57 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Current characters:
    Faien
    Aya
    Sei

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing one of the tribesmen trying to go for close quarters Grimmgang ducked and aggressively surged forward, driving his head into the warrior's stomach forcing him to stumble back several feet. By the time he recovered the dwarf was already gone and swinging his axe in a wide arc, an uppercut into the Bringer of Fire holding down Shard transitioning into a downward chop at one of the group ganging up on Daros.

Spoiler
    Show
    N18, O17, autosucess tumble Dc 15 and 17 respectively against B10 and B23.

Steel Wind
    Attack B2 - (1d20+14)[33]
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[9] + Skirmish damage - (3d6)[10] + Cold damage - (4d6)[18]
    Attack B12 - (1d20+14)[29] flatfooted
    Slashing damage - (1d10+5)[14] + Skirmish damage - (3d6)[12] + Cold damage - (4d6)[16]
    well, one short of a crit, but otherwise that does like solid.
    Last edited by TheFallenOne; 2017-02-10 at 04:43 PM.