New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World II

<For the sake of saving us all a bunch of more or less contentless posts, Draken has already made a post introducing the four shinigami to the mortal world area!>
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #272
    Barbarian in the Playground

Re: [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution: Spirit World II

Resevoir 4th seat Mikoto Kokugen gave a sigh as he reflected on the last couple days. It seemed like a never ending stream of emergencies on almost hourly basis. But he had work to do; if Soul Society was to be able to face times like these succesfully, each shinigami needed to be well trained, and so he did his part to ensure that happened. For the past couple days he'd been performing kido tests with students to assess which ones were ready to join his squad in resevoir and recieve advanced training in Kido. The latest test had been disasterous; a particularly bull headed show off had tried to pull a 50s level Hado with an incantation, but had lost focus and nearly blown himself and some of the other students to pieces. Mikoto had spent the last hour healing him and the others closest to the blast. "Shame Severing Void is beyond my capabilities" he mused to himself, as the high level Bakudo would have allowed him to protect more of the students. He was just dismissing the them when a hell butterfly flitted into view.

From junior researcher Sayuri- 4th Seat Mikoto, please meet with Vice-Captain Igarashi, he's doing some research that you might be able to able to help with.

Sayuri... he thought back on the list of people he knew from his days at the SSI. Sayuri, Sayuri... surely not the uppity little blonde girl? What on earth was Igarashi working with her on for a research project? For that matter, what was he doing working with the SSI at all?

With a quick incantation, he overwrote the message on the hell butterfly and redirected it to his brother-in-law.

From 4th seat Mikoto- Hey, Rashi, I just got a message from someone at the SSI that I should meet with you about some research. I'm testing students for the rest of the day, but I'll see if I can join you on your expedition tomorrow.
    Last edited by NikolaTesla; 2013-07-15 at 07:58 PM.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei, a secluded location]

Setsurou sighed as Hikaru seemed unable to put her suspicions into words, and he already knew what they were anyway.

So he decided to take the wheel of this particular conversation.

Turning his back to Hikaru, Setsurou began to walk lazily forward, gazing up at the sky as wind blew through his hair.

"I guess I never did want to hide the whole thing from you after all, Hikaru-san. Not that I couldn't have tried a little harder at mantaining the charade. But then, it wasn't as if you wouldn't have found out eventually.

Y'see... Ever since I was a little kid, there were expectations for me. People wanted me to be what I had been 'born for'. The only way I would be able to take hold of my own destiny would be if I dashed their hopes early and often. So yes... outwardly, Hishikawa Setsurou is nothing but a fool.

You might ask yourself then, 'how can I trust someone who deceives friends and family just to get what he wants?'. And it would be a perfectly good question to ask. You might wonder, 'where does the facade end and the mistakes begin?', and that would be the perfect inquiry too.

I can answer only one of those questions."

Suddenly, he turned. His gaze was intense as he stared into Hikaru's eyes, and as he approached, his fedora lazily steered further to the side where the rim was lowest.

And then he kissed her.

(He was good at it, though she might not fully appreciate the extent of that until later.)

With one hand lightly adjusting his hat, the part of Setsurou's face that wasn't covered by the rim looked back towards (a likely stunned) Hikaru. He began to walk towards the edge of a cliff.

"You can trust me to be myself. You can trust me to do my best to protect those around me who can't protect themselves. And you can trust me to put the lives and smiles of everyone before my own, personal gain.

I am the man fated to be the master of every art. I cannot allow something as minor as a war that defines existence be an obstacle. Making others happy, too, is an art.

And to answer your previous question..."

At this point, he turned back fully towards Hikaru, backstepping towards the cliff.

"...I do not 'enjoy' making a fool out of you, though admittedly, your flustering is a very amusing byproduct."

And then he threw himself back over the cliff.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

4. - Top - End - #274
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Hueco Mundo]
    (Outside Las Noches)

"That's not all you'll regret!" This time the raw reiatsu surrounding Kiba seems to evaporate the rain bullets on contact. Jehoel will find Kiba much closer than before as he continues to accelerate towards Jehoel's location. When Jehoel fires off the wide-range Cero, Kiba doesn't even try to dodge. Instead, he charges towards Jehoel, the raw reiatsu surrounding him boring into one point of the Cero like a drill. Through it all, Kiba keeps a perfect bead on Jehoel's location. With a Reiatsu like that, he's difficult to miss.
    [Hueco Mundo]
    That "Night"

"Oh, I assure you, my regrets surrounding this conversation are many."

Despite Jehoel's casually dismissive response, Kiba's reckless strategy pays off; rather than dodging or otherwise completely nullifying the Shinigami's assault as he has in the past, Jehoel grabs his opponent's fist in another unyielding grip. This time, however, length of exposure yields results; painfully slowly, the surging energy surrounding Kiba begins cutting into Jehoel's hand, slowly digging deeper and deeper into the flesh. Rather than wait to see how far it can go, Jehoel disengages and flashes backwards a few meters. He examines his hand, now dripping blood from a number of thin cuts.

"An interesting technique. I'd congratulate you if you had actually developed it yourself, but it seems that you have happened on to one of the perks of 'heroics:' random development of new techniques mid fight. One of my least favorite such benefits; it rarely makes any difference at all."

He turns his gaze back to Kiba. There is something different in his eyes, now, something unreadable. Unknown. Alien.

"Very well. You wish to see the power that slew the Kenpachi?"

Spoiler
    Show

Side note: Jehoel is actually putting out a shockingly small amount of Reiatsu; less than even an average Hollow. Still not hard to keep track of, but it gives no hints as to his power.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ogre in the Playground

[Las Noches -- Quinta District]

As the third day dawns, Tinja returns to her palace, looking far better than the morning before. Her orange travel cloak is dusty, but a contented smile rests upon her face. The scars from the previous day are mostly-healed.

She tosses back her hood to take in the warm sun, stretching like a cat and basking in the light that comes from the dome of Las Noches. Calling to one of her various Fraccion who she spots wandering the district, she sets in motion the necessary orders to ensure that the uniforms begin production on time. Someone is also delegated the task of distributing notices among the citizens of Las Noches.

The preparations should be ready by the end of the day, and go up on the next day. Satisfied, Tinja scratches her chin as she contemplates a place for the Hollow troops of her Flota to stay. Perhaps the bottom floors of the Palace. They're not in use at the moment, and should be large enough to accommodate the first wave, especially considering that a large number would be rotated out. In the long term however, she would need something larger. She resolved to find the District architect and have him expand on the Colosseum -- It would be an ideal place to house the troops.

In the meantime, she sent out messengers to each of the other Districts, informing the other Espada of the format for the new Armada, and inviting them over for a disscussion or a sparring session if they had the time. She had felt near to her second release the last time she had fought, although she knew that it was still a faraway benchmark. Still, without practice, she would never get achieve it.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    Web-Spinner: A martial class based around using webs. Mid T3.
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

6. - Top - End - #276

Las Noches - Quinta District

A familiar figure appears on Tinja's side, although her clothing is a little different than usual.

Hey, boss. We ready to start getting new recruits yet?

Randii seems to have modified the uniform Tinja gave her already. The pants were left relatively unchanged. She only added a thick belt with a pair of chains looping from each side to meet in the center back. The shirt, however, was noticeably different. Mostly because she hacked the sleeves and bottom half right off, leaving the edges cut rough and the shirt only going to the bottom of her ribcage.

Seireitei - Recon Headquarters

Arianna has her fists balled up, frustration clearly showing on her face. She could hear what was happening to the team that went to Antarctica through their earpieces, and she didn't like it at all.

Even worse was the fact that she felt so impotent about the situation. She couldn't just leave her post here to rush in to help. And the nearest team from her division was still a minute out. And even when they did arrive, the whole thing would probably be over. And if it wasn't her men probably couldn't offer much assistance. Sure, they had some combat training. But from the sounds of things, she doubt that she could hold her own against these enemies. So what chance did a small team of six lower ranked members have?

No, no matter what she heard, she had to stay here. At least for coordinating the teams that had arrived at the other facilities by now. She had to help collect and organize that data they were finding, and guide them through those areas.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

7. - Top - End - #277
    Ogre in the Playground

[Las Noches -- Quinta District]

"Randii! Just the person I wanted to see. The training groups' initial uniforms and first wave of posters should be done by tomorrow. I was just going to go find whether our resident architect would mind altering his pet Coliseum to house the Quinta Flota, and then was going to go find someone to spar. I'm feeling close on the breakthrough.

Ooh, and interesting modifications on the uniform. Very snazzy. Very you."
    Tinja sounds more speculative than sarcastic, but Randii's familiarity with the Espada is close enough that she can probably pick up on the underlying teasing beneath the poker-faced banter.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-07-19 at 03:44 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP
    The Fortunar Base Class: A Fortuneteller wielding a minor Deck of Many Things. Mid T3.

Completed Classes
    The Grandmaster : A master of animated stattuettes and tactical magic. High tier 3.
    The Hidden Word: An infiltrator with a wide range of abilities that works best in small teams. Tier 2-3
    The True Warrior: A swift mundane martial combat class that can dodge and slice their way to victory. Low Tier 3.

8. - Top - End - #278

Randii nods a bit. Sounds good. So, the Flotas are being kept separate from the rest of us? Guess I'll have to pick a spot for the my team.

At Tinja's comment on her uniform, Randii gives her a smirk. Glad you like it. I was thinking yours needs some work, too. Randii isn't so subtle with her teasing.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

CHARACTERS

9. - Top - End - #279
    Orc in the Playground

[Seireitei]

A message finds itself through the usual channels to meet with the new Commander General Li's office.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oi, Li!

I guess I should be more formal, but whatevs.

Anyway we should sit down and jam about replacing that old busted leg of yours.

-Takenaka
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

10. - Top - End - #280

Las Noches -- Quinta's District

Valentina, La Sexta Espada, receives the invitation from Madam Tinja. Upon arriving, she comments details of the army. "This looks very well-done. My only question is: How do you plan on keeping everyone in line? With so many layers of command, there's bound to be disloyalty and disobedience."

I'm sure Tinja has something already worked out, but Valentina would like to know it.

More damaged sector

Most Arrancars present are busy, running about, repairing the broken buildings and roads, clearing the clutter and ruins from the streets that fell from the top of the dome. Most Arrancars are boasting about their strengths, or are talking about the recent change in leadership, or are talking about taking over the Shinigami.

One, in particular, is doing none of that. He just stands there.
    No.
    It just stands there. Its plain, white face and soulless eyes show absolutely no emotion, no discussion, no nothing. His broken mask still covers the right side of his head.

"Someone move him out of the way." "Can't someone move it?" "I don't like that thing." Mutterings from the other Arrancars don't seem to bother the Sin Rostro. Standing there, emotionless.

Even the more fearsome Arrancars are unnerved by the soulless look of this Sin Rostro.

Finally, two brave stupid recently-formed Arrancars begin a game similar to "Slap the Bull" - whichever one elicits a response from this thing first, loses. This does not seem like a good idea.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Creon tags along with Valentina to Tinjas district hoping to find something to do rather than just getting left on the sidelines again.
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-07-19 at 07:18 PM.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

Randii nods a bit. Sounds good. So, the Flotas are being kept separate from the rest of us? Guess I'll have to pick a spot for the my team.

At Tinja's comment on her uniform, Randii gives her a smirk. Glad you like it. I was thinking yours needs some work, too. Randii isn't so subtle with her teasing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post

Valentina, La Sexta Espada, receives the invitation from Madam Tinja. Upon arriving, she comments details of the army. "This looks very well-done. My only question is: How do you plan on keeping everyone in line? With so many layers of command, there's bound to be disloyalty and disobedience."

I'm sure Tinja has something already worked out, but Valentina would like to know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post

Creon tags along with Valentina to Tinjas district hoping to find something to do rather than just getting left on the sidelines again.

Tinja glares playfully at Randii. CLEARLY, this stern glance will discipline her unruly Fraccion.....clearly.

"My uniform is quite fine enough as it is. In fact, I would say it was rather impressive, were I not too humble to voice such thoughts."

A prim sniff indicates her opinion of the suggestion for alterations.

Her grin breaks back out too quickly however.

"We'll find a place for your Flota in this district. I don't think the other Espada would feel too threatened. At least, not until the army begins to take shape. Then we'll see what they say."

Seeing Valentina and Creon approaching, Tinja waves cheerily.

"Why hello there!"

At Valentina's comment, she laughs. "If they disobey, they die, of course. We're Hollows, what do you expect? The Espada in charge of the Armada will be the ultimate arbiter, of course, but its not a draft. They don't have to come if they don't want to. If they come, its not to play".

"Or rather, they don't play for themselves."
    Tinja's eyes gleam with a momentary cold shine.

Then she's back to her usual cheery self. "So! Seeing as the Shinigami don't seem to have any immediate response, and their due-date isn't for a few days, what say you we have us some fun today? I had two ideas -- we could either give the old training grounds a good stomping, or we could investigate these rumors i've been hearing of a rogue Arrancar attempting to set up some sort of counter-kingdom to Las Noches. Cuevas de la Muerte, I believe it was called. I've been hearing these rumors for a few months though, so a day shouldn't make much difference. We can have one thing today, and one tomorrow, either either day. So, which shall it be? I have no preference myself either way."
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-07-20 at 02:11 AM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

13. - Top - End - #283

Las Noches - Quinta's District

((Wow. I did not notice that I changed Randii's color in my last post until now.))

The green-haired Fraccion smirks a bit. Well, we got a pretty good work out in the training grounds yesterday. And hunting down other Arrancar is always a pleasure. So my votes for the hunting. Randii will stretch her colorful arms out over her head as she waits for the decisions of the others.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Las Noches - Quinta's District

Creon scratches his chin under the hood of his cloak thinking over the options before responding.
    "I vote for taking down this imitator kingdom as well. Once we kill the leaders we can add whatever troops they have to our own and training by itself doesn't accomplish anything."
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-07-20 at 10:04 PM.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ettin in the Playground

Seireitei
    Central Senkaimon

When the strike team returns, Hideki is ready with a medical team at the ready, the sounds of battle were truly vicious.

"Officers Vern, Hiji, Hiraku... Fourth guy, my apologies, I can't seen to be able to find your file."

"You will be taken to the medical division post haste. But first I will take these badges back, I must send their records for analysis immediately, the things we heard over the phones are most troubling."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #286

Hueco Mundo
    Barrio de la Quinta

Valentina continues to think about it, even after everyone else has given their opinions. Both options sound interesting. However, her arm that once was gone and is now found hasn't gotten back completely to normal. It's not that it's different, it's just that it isn't the same.

Honestly, though, it's probably a subconscious thing. Like hiccups. All she needs to do is do something that would distract her enough for it to behave exactly as she wants it to.

Both options would give this.

"Cuevas de la Muerte?" she repeats, finally, after everyone else has given their opinion. "I believe I've heard whisperings of that place, too." Not much, mind you. Just the name. "It's in the Menos Forest, isn't it?" She's not sure. It's just that the name suggests that it's down there.

"Let's see...we can probably expect a handful of Adjudas, maybe an Arrancar or two, several other lesser Hollows. Maybe a Vasto Lorde, if we get lucky," she muses. Valentina already devises three or so plans to recruit them. If not, well, there's always a good fight after that. "It sounds perfect. Which way do we go?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul Society-Senkaimon

Naijeru nods as he hands over his badge to Hideki. He gives Masaru's badge to him as well and proceeds to help his fellow Packmate to the Medical Division. He took some bumps and bruises in that fight too, though he never expected Masaru to be laid out like he was.

Los Noches-Quinta District

The Arrancar at the meeting would notice sounds of discontent getting closer to them before Kyoki would show up, Ragunaroku seeming dragging her body forward in a huff. "Yo! Sorry were late, the wimp here got us lost." "B-But you were the one who took a wrong turn." Ragunaroku smashes a large fist against Kyoki's skull in retaliation to her claim as he said, "Like I said! Kyoki here got us lost. Probably because she was up so late redesigning our district. Anyway, what'd we miss?"

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    Hueco Mundo
    Barrio de la Quinta
    "Cuevas de la Muerte?" she repeats, finally, after everyone else has given their opinion. "I believe I've heard whisperings of that place, too." Not much, mind you. Just the name. "It's in the Menos Forest, isn't it?" She's not sure. It's just that the name suggests that it's down there.

"Let's see...we can probably expect a handful of Adjudas, maybe an Arrancar or two, several other lesser Hollows. Maybe a Vasto Lorde, if we get lucky," she muses. Valentina already devises three or so plans to recruit them. If not, well, there's always a good fight after that. "It sounds perfect. Which way do we go?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    [B]
    Las Noches-Quinta District

The Arrancar at the meeting would notice sounds of discontent getting closer to them before Kyoki would show up, Ragunaroku seeming dragging her body forward in a huff. "Yo! Sorry were late, the wimp here got us lost." "B-But you were the one who took a wrong turn." Ragunaroku smashes a large fist against Kyoki's skull in retaliation to her claim as he said, "Like I said! Kyoki here got us lost. Probably because she was up so late redesigning our district. Anyway, what'd we miss?"

[Quinta District]

"As far as I know, it might be. It is somewhere near there though. My my, the rumors must've spread faster than I thought. And here I thought I was doing a good job staying on top of things. Your assessment of their strength is about where i'd have pegged them too. If you asked me..."

Tinja is interrupted as Kyoki arrives to join the small party.

"Oh, hey there Kyoki!" Tinja calls cheerily. "We were just discussing a day trip out to find a rebel kingdom which may or may not exist and, once we get there, fight against a bunch of Hollows which again may or may not exist in an attempt to alleviate our boredom. You in?"

Assuming a response in the affirmative, Tinja starts off down the street, skipping merrily as she goes.

After a moment, she stops.

"Two things --

First of all,"
    Tinja turns to a random nearby Hollow, preferably one that is powerful enough to merit her attention. "Inform the Architect that his pet project is a go as long as he can guarantee housing for at least 300 Hollows within his Coliseum, and it is to be used as an army barracks. If he doesn't approve, then it can go back on hold."

Second of all.....its in this direction."

Tinja takes a 90 degree turn from the direction she was going before, and smiles back innocently (and completely unremorsefully) at those who are (presumably) following her. "Sorry about that, I get hung up on directions sometimes. But not to worry. I have decided to...outsource labor for this particular hike."

The party exits the East Gate and proceeds for several miles before turning off to one side into a covered valley, almost a ravine, really. Small shrubs dot the inside, throwing long shadows across the sandy bottom.

Tinja finds a comfortable spot and lays back, shutting her eyes. "Wake me up when she gets here. I'll just be napping over here."

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to chat or explore the ravine or whatnot until "she" arrives (probably at least 20 minutes). You can ask Tinja stuff as well, though she's probably too much in a good mood to answer questions very directly. You can make up features of the ravine or landscape (this holds for the rest of the Arc, just make sure it doesn't contradict what anyone else says specifically). I don't mind, it gives me more to build with.
    Last edited by Demidos; 2013-07-22 at 02:47 PM.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Soul Society-Senkaimon

Castus seals his sword and rolls onto his feet before he hands over his badge and hobbles over to an unoccupied stretcher. After all there was no point injuring his legs further by walking to the Med and log HQ when there where spare stretchers on hand.

Hueco Mundo- Ravine

Creon relaxes and sits cross legged on the sands for the twenty minutes. It was strange really he'd been expecting that after joining Hueco Mundo he wouldn't ever be returning to the sands yet here he was back after just a few days.

Sitting there he couldn't help but notice that he was almost unconsciously picking out how he would ambush anyone coming through the Ravine, the hunting habits learned over his 150ish years as an Adjuchas were apparently difficult to shake with just a few years as an Arrancar. Even if his hunger was gone.
    Last edited by Spacewolf; 2013-07-22 at 03:46 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Lets not dally.

Las Noches

Clovis listens to what some random hollow has to say, apparently out of the mouth of one of the espada themselves. Hand on his chin. Occasional nods. Poker face.

He is imagining what colors said hollow would look more amusing as, and not really paying attention to anything it said after "300".

Really. Three hundred. What does that woman think this is. A high school auditorium? A community sports field? The pass of Thermopylae? This is a Coliseum, well, strictly speaking, it is an Amphitheatre, the Coliseum is a specific Amphitheatre. In Rome. The benches are supposed to sit thousands. The holding pens are supposed to jail hundreds. The accessory structures... Well, they are mostly integral parts of the Palacio Central, but you get the idea. Three hundred is almost...

Insulting.

Clovis Severin is positively insulted.

This hollow is walking on caltrops with every word he spouts.

Literally, he dares not stop or leave until an answer is given, despite the little triangles piercing his feet, each bearing a 'four' on the pointy side up.

Focus Clovis, you are better than this.

With a calming exhalation, Clovis relays his most cheerful and invigorating answer.

"Tell her Ladyship that of course, of course her demands shall be attended. How could it be otherwise, after all. Now off with you."

Well, in many, many ways.

"No, wait, not yet. I dare not misportray the knowledge and wisdom of one of our fair leaders, but please let Lady Tinja know that I am not an architect, such is a horribly limiting purview, indeed. I am the Steward of this Noble Palace, until such a time his Lordship Jehoel Yurius determines that he or another is fit to sit upon its throne. As King or Queen of all Hollows."

"Hmm... Something is amiss in that title. Oh, I know just the thing! Change it to this. Ghost King, or Queen, of All Hollows. Mind the intonation, you must give the feel of the various forms of emphasis on the title."

Now Clovis shoos the hollow like a chicken that happened to be on his way. He's done there. Hop along, nothing to see.

----------

Soul Society
    Senkaimon Gate

With the group properly left in the care of Med&Log, Hideki takes his leave, connecting the badges to his mask and uploading the video data from the four objects to Recon's systems and the Seireitei database at large.
    Last edited by Draken; 2013-07-22 at 04:54 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Soul Society-Senkaimon, then path to Medical Division

Quote Originally Posted by AnimeKid View Post
    Naijeru nods as he hands over his badge to Hideki. He gives Masaru's badge to him as well and proceeds to help his fellow Packmate to the Medical Division. He took some bumps and bruises in that fight too, though he never expected Masaru to be laid out like he was.
    Masaru was not quite unconscious, just very much disoriented as Naijeru moved through the streets. He'd somehow managed to re-sheathe his own swords without injuring himself further, and was very slowly becoming a bit more aware of things.

It wasn't until they got to Med&Log that he was able to move on his own. At that point he extricated himself from Naijeru's grip and stumbled toward the door.

"Th-thanks, N-Naijeru. Th-th-that big guy hits h-hard. Almost as hard a-as the Ken-as the Vice-Captain. Didn't think th-those g-guys could conjure up pretty yellow birds, though."

And with that statement, Masaru's eyes crossed and he fell forward into the waiting arms of two M&L nurses, completely unconscious at this point. He was rushed in quickly but calmly, with one of the nurses muttering about how they could just use the same bloody room since he'd only just left anyways.

22. - Top - End - #292

Hueco Mundo - Ravine

Randii raises an eyebrow at Tinja's choice to just wait for somebody out here. But, she doesn't question it. The lady had a reason for it, so ya might as well just wait and see.

Randii will stretch her arms out behind her for a moment, then crouch down at the edge of the ravine, the chain attached to her pants brushing the hard ground below. She'll start idly picking up some rocks, examining them, then tossing them hard over the edge of the ravine.

So, who're we waiting for?

As soon as Hideki's report comes in, Arianna gets everybody she can watching it and analyzing it. This may take a while to pick up on all the details.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post

As soon as Hideki's report comes in, Arianna gets everybody she can watching it and analyzing it. This may take a while to pick up on all the details.
    See. Hideki joined Recon mere months ago, coming from the S.S.I. There is a reason he managed to climb the ranks so quickly.

The man is good at what he does.

By the time the video is available to Seireitei at large, it has pauses for notations, highlights and a number of cues to the important bits. Such relevant highlights are Oscar's apparently advanced usage of Hakuda and Zanjutsu. Hideki even names the considerably advanced techniques he is shown using, and Sora's more pressing usage of Kidő. Along with theories on the powers of the other two mortals present and cross-referencing to determine the two to be fullbringers.

Along with it come a number of profiles, properly updated.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #294

Well.

In that case, it doesn't take as long.

Arianna will still insist on rechecking a lot of Hideki's facts and figures. Not because she doesn't trust his work, mind you. But because it's always possible he missed something, and checking it all again is a good way to make sure he didn't.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show

CHARACTERS

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Soul Society- Medical Division

Meanwhile Castus was relaxing in his bed his legs getting quickly healed up while he was thinking over the engagement.

So far he hadn't been able to remember to much about the others in the room but he was beginning to notice interesting details on the one he had been fighting, possibly the most interesting was the logo on the Book and his ring. The three lobed eye, although the gems used in each were different from what he could see so maybe it wasn't fixed logo, either way he'd have to do some research on it.

Doesn't matter anyway either way I'm going to have to send out a memo to the Mortal World field agents telling them to keep an eye out for the logo and anyone from the prison. Guess we should concentrate on Japan, since that's what they were speaking. Alice can head that up she was assigned there before this whole mess anyway, perhaps that's why she was assigned. Wouldn't be that surprising really

Laying his head back into his pillow Castus drops that line of thought for now and begins thinking over his idea for a few second song kidos.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hueco Mundo -- Ravine]

Tinja grumbles in her "sleep", and a single, baleful eye opens.

"Its been like a minute! Kids these days...
    We're waiting for our guide, of course. Why else would we be here?"
    She asks, snuggling deeper into the warm sand.

[Seireitei -- Senkaimon]

At the Senkaimon, a second party appears as the first is being led away. Igarashi looks questioningly at Kakari, who gives him a sad, shaky smile, a shrugging of the shoulders, and a small shaking of the head.

Igarashi nods, frowning slightly, then turns to the portal, looking around for the others supposed to accompany him to the Dangai, the Precipice World. Hopefully the cleaner had been stopped, as he'd requested. They'd have at least a good several hours before they needed to start worrying.
    My Homebrew:
    WIP

Completed Classes

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    Main Senkaimon

Yamamoto Sayuri walks to Igarashi. "Greeting, Naganori-san. Have you heard of Mikoto Kokugen from the Academy? I asked him to come and aid us, but did not receive a reply. I wondered if he contacted you?"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (SSI HQ, whatever it's called)

Chouko looks to her inbox on one of the oversized monitors she built in her office, clacking on the keys and casually observing the video of the battle in the tombs. In her other (primary) set of hands she is working with a torch to reform a long sheet of metal into roughly the shape of a calf muscle.

"...That Oscar dude's got a decent stance.", she remarks to herself as she turns to her work.

--

Meanwhile, Samson the robotic cat wanders the grounds of the SSI for some time, before going outward into other parts of Seireitei. The purpose... seems to be throwing around flyers.

SEE TAKENAKA CHOUKO TAKE ON HER SWORD!

It'll be more awesome than almost anything else you should be doing. Why not see a pioneer in the field of robotics beat on her zanpakutou? History has made some sort of silly demand that bankai training be held in private, and Takenaka Chouko don't got time for that! Gather friends and enemies to watch the next Captain of the Engineering division in battle with herself! There will be rad beats and possibly free beverages!
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2013-07-24 at 10:53 AM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn˛ characters!
    Madokapunk!

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

[Soul Society]
    (Monastery of the Ho-ou)

Lucita

As the reports of injured came in she felt like sighing, not so much as a single report logged to highlight any potentially dangerous confrontation planned, no request for resources from her division to allow for recovery in the field. It was annoying.
    Or a surprise attack, she supposed.

Moving from where chambers she began to have the core points summarised for her by logistic staff.

Arriving at the most damaged of them - one Masaru of the combat division leader of the Guerilla Squad and only recently brought to that level, the regular nurses would be able to handle the Kaidō without risking themselves, for someone further up she would have to use a careful rotation or more potent healers for the art to avoid the issues with it - if a captain got injured it would be troublesome.

"Keep me appraised of his situation, we can't afford to risk a squad leader at this time" even if he was the type to land himself in this condition on more than one occasion she thought bitterly - considering "once his healing is finished he can be discharged, however prior to that he is to remain here sedate him if needed until he is fully healed. Baring a direct request for release from acting captain Kiba", she would not have his death occur solely due to some desire for revenge when he was still half dead.

Moving on to senior researcher Castus's room, tapping once at the door to notify him of entry - there had been times that all nurses had walked in on someone in the middle of embarrassing stress relief activity and so a warning was appropriate, and than entering without further warning - "Senior Researcher Castus - I had hoped not to see you again so soon" she offered a smile as she laid a hand on him allowing his wounds and bruises to heal at a greatly accelerated rate, "there you are in no danger internal or out".

Folding her arms away "I will admit to being disappointed to only be hearing about a skirmish only after it occurred, even when none died it can be taxing on resources and results in a state of high-alert. Can you please provide me with a full account of events that have led to these injuries".

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Seireitei]

A message finds itself through the usual channels to meet with the new Commander General Li's office.

Spoiler
    Show
    Oi, Li!

I guess I should be more formal, but whatevs.

Anyway we should sit down and jam about replacing that old busted leg of yours.

-Takenaka
    Later that day, Takenaka Chouko receives a packet. It contains one (1) titanium prosthetic of a left leg, suitable for a person roughly 150 centimeters in lenght. It comes with a rather detailed schematic placing demands on maximum weight, tensile strenght, chemical reactiveness and - most pressingly - maximum cost.

It comes with a note reading:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zheng Li Lin
    "Make this move. No bells or whistles. Especially no guns. Get back to me when you've got a prototype that won't explode.

-Zheng"
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."