New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Kill la Kill: The first life fiber is what?!

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Also, I forgot to mention it, but I believe we can all accept that the best line of this episode (and arguably the series) is this: "We may be out of cards, but a nudist always has an Ace or two up his non existent sleeves"
    Totally agree. Next episode better live up to this!

Spoiler
    Show
    It was good to see the four devas kick ass again, and the whole "To fight you I must use my eyes" thing was beyond awesome. Probably my favourite so far, possible exception of episodes 11 and 13.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    So... did anyone else catch that Gamagoori can apparently shoot plasma or something from his mouth? There's a still about eleven minutes in (after they get their new uniforms and while Ragyo is monologuing) and he looks like he is spewing touhou bullet hell.

This is pretty much the only part of the episode that I can think of right now.
    Last edited by AmberVael; 2014-03-21 at 10:26 AM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by AmberVael View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    So... did anyone else catch that Gamagoori can apparently shoot plasma or something from his mouth? There's a still about eleven minutes in (after they get their new uniforms and while Ragyo is monologuing) and he looks like he is spewing touhou bullet hell.

This is pretty much the only part of the episode that I can think of right now.
    Spoiler
    Show

I've just stopped bothering being surprised by anything they have Gamagoori do.
    Sometimes he's just the tallest person in-frame, sometimes it seems like they're inflating his size for dramatic effect

and then sometimes it seems like he's so big as to be part of the landscape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

4. - Top - End - #484
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Sometimes he's just the tallest person in-frame, sometimes it seems like they're inflating his size for dramatic effect

Spoiler
    Show

During the fight he crushed some of the giant Covers with Kamina shades in his hands. I think the idea is that his Uniform might be making his size even larger, the stronger it gets. It'd make sense, she's he's giving himself a...well, Ego Boost, as the third form is called

5. - Top - End - #485
    Titan in the Playground

Meh, Gamagori's size has been much more a stylistic element than anything else from the start... It wouldn't surprise me if it has become an outright part of his powers by now.

Spoiler
    Show
    The reason why the scissors, as two blades, can kill Life Fiber better then one blade, is because with a normal blade, it can cut through the first half of the life fiber, but as it works on the second half of it, the first half regenerates. The scissor motion cuts both halves at the same time, ensuring it is completely severed before it can regenerate.
    Ah, that... actually makes much more sense than most other things in the show I must have been distracted there because I didn't catch it like that.

Spoiler
    Show
    Also, I forgot to mention it, but I believe we can all accept that the best line of this episode (and arguably the series) is this: "We may be out of cards, but a nudist always has an Ace or two up his non existent sleeves"
    Well, there've been many great lines... but that's definitely up there. Mako's speech(es) are always top notch as well.

Spoiler: Another probably stupid question
    Show

Why did Ragyo accuse Satsuki of being an imitation? I mean, maybe it's something lost in translation but on the whole... she doesn't have Ryuko's power but she never attempted to copy anyone, and Junketsu may be an inferior design to Senketsu but he's not really a copy either. If anything, it's Satsuki's stick to be herself and her own master and so on. It just felt a bit inappropriate. Then again, maybe Ragyo was just trying to get more points in the mother of the year contest.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

6. - Top - End - #486
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaxenomorph View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nudist Beach: now powered by LESBIAN LOVE
    mumble mumble not all anime relationships between females are lesbian love mumble mumble

maybe i'm just missing the facetiousness font

7. - Top - End - #487

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Show

Why did Ragyo accuse Satsuki of being an imitation? I mean, maybe it's something lost in translation but on the whole... she doesn't have Ryuko's power but she never attempted to copy anyone, and Junketsu may be an inferior design to Senketsu but he's not really a copy either. If anything, it's Satsuki's stick to be herself and her own master and so on. It just felt a bit inappropriate. Then again, maybe Ragyo was just trying to get more points in the mother of the year contest.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Satsuki can only control Junketsu and do all the transformation stuff because Junketsu was stitched with Senketsu's life fibers and fed with Ryuko's blood. The only way she can fight Ragyo is by using Ryuko's tools, only not as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

8. - Top - End - #488
    Troll in the Playground

This show is spectacularly ridiculous. That is all.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

You all best of noticed that the credits had a different song today. Juuust saying.
    It was definitely a different verse of the same song.

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post

Spoiler: Large Image
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Show

Why did Ragyo accuse Satsuki of being an imitation?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hulu translated that word as "sham." As in she's talked herself up as the one who's going to defeat Ragyo, but can't actually fight her without Ryuko's help.

Spoiler: Question of my own
    Show
    Who was that supposed to be putting Mako's hat back on her before the Elite Four all jump off the boat?

Speaking of which, [Disappointment at Mako only being awesome for the first minute or two intensifies].
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2014-03-22 at 01:26 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Satsuki can only control Junketsu and do all the transformation stuff because Junketsu was stitched with Senketsu's life fibers and fed with Ryuko's blood. The only way she can fight Ragyo is by using Ryuko's tools, only not as well.
    I get that but in my head that's more a problem of Junketsu, not Satsuki... then again, I guess it is fitting for Ragyo to care more for the clothing than the wearer, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Spoiler: Question of my own
    Show
    Who was that supposed to be putting Mako's hat back on her before the Elite Four all jump off the boat?

Speaking of which, [Disappointment at Mako only being awesome for the first minute or two intensifies].
    Spoiler
    Show

Can#t answer the question right now but did you just say Mako powering the ship by herself (initially) was not awesome?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

11. - Top - End - #491

So while we were gone, Kill la Kill ended!

My thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    seeing Mako get her powers back was AWESOME, seeing the final forms of the Elite Four was AWESOME, the final fight was pretty sweet, but...the final episode felt a little lacking, sadly and shockingly.

12. - Top - End - #492

My thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    seeing Mako get her powers back was AWESOME, seeing the final forms of the Elite Four was AWESOME, the final fight was pretty sweet, but...the final episode felt a little lacking, sadly and shockingly.
    Pretty much the same here.

Spoiler
    Show
    I felt that Satsuki, who had really had a chance to shine in recent episodes, was benched throughout. I mean, yes it was Ryuko's big moment, but the only one who really had a badass moment other than her was Gamagoori. I shed a manly tear when I first thought he had died, but luckily it was not so. Also, I liked how they left it open ended enough for a sequel should they ever decide to do one, but gave it a good enough sense of closure that it works fine just as itself. All in all, a jolly good series.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

So I pretty much found the show's final act summed up in one picture:

Spoiler: Better then Gendo... really
    Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    So I pretty much found the show's final act summed up in one picture:

Spoiler: Better then Gendo... really
    Show
    She drinks from the mug of LIES!

15. - Top - End - #495
    Bugbear in the Playground

I enjoyed the finale. It wasn't everything I dreamed it would be, but it's about what I expected. Better than Gurren Lagann's finale, worse than Lagann-hen's.
    Shapperdash, movie reviews amongst other things.
    Natural 1, a tale of critical failures
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If you're ever in a situation where you can't survive, go for the broke and fill all of creation with chickens. Just imagine the reaction of people halfway around the world when every square inch of space in their world is suddenly and completely full of chickens.
    Homebrew
    1st in Iron Chef XXXIV with a Warforged bard

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    She drinks from the mug of LIES!
    I say absolute truth. Best to hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbledore lives View Post
    I enjoyed the finale. It wasn't everything I dreamed it would be, but it's about what I expected. Better than Gurren Lagann's finale, worse than Lagann-hen's.
    Well don't know about that exact comparison... but no last minute unhappy nonsense was a welcome suprise.

Spoiler
    Show
    Someone had to die of course but everyone should probably have expected that going in.

17. - Top - End - #497

I'm most disappointed by their choice of music for the last episode myself. I mean
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirius (OP1), Gomen ne, Ii ko ja Irarenai (OP2) and Before my body is Dry ("Don't lose your way") Really? Those are probably the 3 worst vocal tracks written for the show. The instrumental version of Before my Body is Dry (first half of 斬LLLア生LL) is far better and its far from the best track on the OST. In fact the entire last episode didn't have a single track that hadn't been used before. Despite the fact that as far as I can tell, Till I Die wasn't used once. (Just like Real on the Guilty Crown ost)

Also, I approve of the inane speculation implied by this image:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by mallorean_thug; 2014-03-31 at 12:19 PM.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mallorean_thug View Post
    I'm most disappointed by their choice of music for the last episode myself. I mean
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sirius (OP1), Gomen ne, Ii ko ja Irarenai (OP2) and Before my body is Dry ("Don't lose your way") Really? Those are probably the 3 worst vocal tracks written for the show. The instrumental version of Before my Body is Dry (first half of 斬LLLア生LL) is far better and its far from the best track on the OST. In fact the entire last episode didn't have a single track that hadn't been used before. Despite the fact that as far as I can tell, Till I Die wasn't used once. (Just like Real on the Guilty Crown ost)
    Something tells me you're in the minority on that "3 worst" there.

*trying real hard not to scream it here*

---

*failing*

DON'T LOOOSEE YOUR WAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Well, that episode was a thing. An equally awesome and perplexing thing with lots of potential talking points.

Spoiler
    Show
    Let's see, I could talk about Ryuko going Super Shadow, or beating Ragyo in almost but not quite the exact way I expected (I was expecting her to eat the Original Life Fiber for a TTGL-level power boost, as opposed to eating ALL the life fibers for an instant win), or about Matoishoku delivering a knockout blow to Gamanshoku. Or I could write a eulogy for Senketsu, and at some point I definitely will.

But for now, I would merely like to bring attention to the fact that IRA BECAME A GUNMAN:

Actually, while looking for that image I also found this:

Spoiler: Large Image
    Show

[MANLY TEARS INTENSIFY]
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

20. - Top - End - #500

I said 3 worst *vocal* tracks.

I mean, do you really think that its better than Blumenkranz, Suck your Blood, Light Your Heart Up, I want to Know, Till I die, Ambiguous(ED1), and New World Symphony (ED2). I will give you that its better than both the OPs.

I mean, I try to take it seriously, and then . . . "I gotta find out who killed my dad" kills any hope of the song feeling serious. Sawano, as lyrical wordsmith he is not, should probably stick to writing stuff in German that nobody can understand.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Banned

I mean, I try to take it seriously, and then . . . "I gotta find out who killed my dad" kills any hope of the song feeling serious. Sawano, as lyrical wordsmith he is not, should probably stick to writing stuff in German that nobody can understand.
    Unless he gets a singer that knows German, at least. I can make out a few of the clearest words in Blumenkrantz but other than that you could tell me that it was Nama and I'd only doubt you because who other than linguists and Namibians even know Nama exists.
    Last edited by Terraoblivion; 2014-03-31 at 01:25 PM.

22. - Top - End - #502

PirateGuy

New forum is swanky, I like it.

On topic, that finale was absolutely amazing, and I really want for there to be some kind of continuation, even if it's only something like an OVA.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

I said 3 worst *vocal* tracks.

I mean, do you really think that its better than Blumenkranz, Suck your Blood, Light Your Heart Up, I want to Know, Till I die, Ambiguous(ED1), and New World Symphony (ED2). I will give you that its better than both the OPs.

Better is in the eye of the beholder and what you want. Blumenkranz among others is really nice (and a great theme for any villain), but I know I can listen to Before My Body Is Dry all day long. I'm confident that I can keep it out of the bottom three if I listened to the whole OST, even ignoring the inevitable tracks everyone just forgets.

And you got past DON'T LOOOOOSEEE YOURR WAAAAYYYYY!!!1 and still had hopes of taking the song all that seriously. Heck if that didn't get you I'd at least expect ragging on Senketsu's mad rap skills. Ryuko's verse there is a little blunt, but very sweet, probably more serious then the rest of the song. On whole its the same sort of mad delicious cheese that makes the show so very entertaining.

I'm actually kinda sorta with you on some others though. I never care much for that sorta switch up from dedicated themes to your big pop/rock/etc songs, include say Sorairo Days in TTGLs ending but it seems to be a sorta overflow from how doing an opening is (supposedly) not crap work in Japan, thus probably works better at home. Also probably because they all pale before Brave Phoenix.

1:Huh I am writing that normally, what are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Terraoblivion View Post
    Unless he gets a singer that knows German, at least. I can make out a few of the clearest words in Blumenkrantz but other than that you could tell me that it was Nama and I'd only doubt you because who other than linguists and Namibians even know Nama exists.
    If you said Nama or Khoekhoe not terribly likely... but if you said "that African language with the clicks" everybody has at least heard of the idea. Though probably not that its actually not just clicks. Probably wouldn't expect anything like German after that.

If only because 3 languages have conquered 2 of them I think hitting continent of origin isn't too hard.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Kill La Kill's over now.

All that's left is to figure out which of my friends will cosplay who. Tragically, the most gamagoori-esque of us is also the shortest...
    Avatar by K penguin. Sash by Damned1rishman.
    MOVIE NIGHTS AND LETS PLAYS LIVESTREAMED

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

So while we were gone, Kill la Kill ended!

My thoughts:
    Spoiler
    Show
    ya I know right?
    Spoiler: my thoughts
    Show

the ending....well....

don't get me wrong, I thought it was awesome.

it just could've been awesome-er.

like, maybe, I'm just letting my own prediction getting in the way of my own enjoyment, but, I'm disappointed that all they did was destroy the Life Fibers....then completely forget about the fact that there are MORE OUT THERE and act as if nothing happened.

like maybe it was just supposed to an anime about Ryukkos personal growth or something, but really, just going back to normal and acting as if nothing happened when you could've CHANGED the life fibers for the better, PROVEN that they could coexist on a wide scale, and then PREPARED for more life fibers coming and potentially screwing up the free world you have... I dunno, it feels lacking when those questions are left unanswered, the ending acting as if yay you saved the world, no need to prepare for future confrontations or anything. I mean even the Nudist Beach guys, who know FULL WELL that their job might not be done, are like "yay lets go back to wearing clothes now". it just feels like everyone is ignoring the wider danger in favor of "we beat those guys immediately threatening us!"

it just feels like potential was wasted. at least Ryukko and Mako got a relationship out of it...

Edit: and yeah, mallorean definitely is in the minority there. Don't lose your waaay! row row, fight the power.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2014-03-31 at 04:43 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #506

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, that was a thing. It was actually quite awesome and I actually kinda like how Senketsu and Ryuuko were finally allowed to succeed in something. Like, every previous thing they'd done aside from disarming Nui was pyrrhic victory at best and completely futile or a successful Xanatos Gambit most of the time. Also, of course, the fact that the nudists got to accomplish something every now and then without Goku uniforms was quite welcome; even Naked Sun was key at a point. It wasn't just a piece of scenery but a giant sword.

Also, the "women should wear whatever they want"-line this forum theorized around episode 5 was in there, so whoever called that deserves a "good call".
    Last edited by Eldariel; 2014-03-31 at 04:48 PM.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Anyways, here's to hoping that we get some compilation movies out of this. With the fights redone with actual choreography.

28. - Top - End - #508

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Anyways, here's to hoping that we get some compilation movies out of this. With the fights redone with actual choreography.
    That's garunteed to happen, I think. And any problems we may have with the series will be cured with a movie compilation.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

And any problems we may have with the series will be cured with a movie compilation.
    Except Ragyo's behavior regarding her daughters.

30. - Top - End - #510

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    Except Ragyo's behavior regarding her daughters.
    This is not a problem with the series because we are supposed to feel that way about Ragyo.