New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: AMEN XLVII: Who's the Leader, Again?

Main Room

"I'm Nephrim. No, I don't think you've ever enslaved me, but that was so long ago. Are you eight thousand years old?" Because if the answer is yes, then maybe the answer to Rochelle's question is also yes.

Nephrim rarely bothers to learn people's names and faces anyway. She's so long-lived that only the temporary commanders of AMEN are usually worth the effort, unless it's necessary for a plot, plan or scheme.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

2. - Top - End - #572
    Bugbear in the Playground

Main Room

"I see....As for...enslaving, no. It....appears that you...have taken....a longer trip...than you wanted."

En Cuervo waves the henchmen away, there doesn't seem to be much in this collection of books.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Orc in the Playground

Main Room

The woman smiles. "Nephrim." She nods to herself, and smiles. The smile is... wrong. "I used to be known as Rochelle, a long time ago. Now, I am Agony, the Empress of Torment."

She waves a hand up, and a bald-headed woman with the same color of skin as her (zombie blue) and solid orbs of green where her eyes should be steps forward. She's looking downwards. "This is Jade, my thrall."

Agony turns to El Cuervo. "I suppose so. I was banished to space 2 centuries ago, though I cannot recall who would do such a thing. Lucky for them, otherwise I'd seek them out and have fun with their minds. Make them scream. Isn't it calming to hear the pained screams of others, Jade?"

Jade doesn't reply, but Agony acts like she did. "See, she agrees."

4. - Top - End - #574
    Barbarian in the Playground

Main Room

I'll callyou Rabbit.

Looks like someone/thing?!? has been listening in.

So MOTW, a nice classic, I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

5. - Top - End - #575

Main Room

"Pained screams...are boring. More....enjoyable are screams....of terror. Harder to....terrorize than to....infect pain. More...rewarding, in my.....opinion. Through....that may be...because I cannot....feel pain."

Then the walls start talking. El Cuervo looks at the wall nearest to Agony, doesn't take that much to do that.

"Its...not ready...yet."

6. - Top - End - #576

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Zefir's Office

Filii smiles at Zefir.
    You make a good leader. I need to know a when and where to meet him. Also, how will I identify him?
    Zefir's Office - Filii

Zefir takes a few notes on a paper, befor he answers the question.

"I already got something up." he starts. "The person is a common customer to Trog's coming every two days. It's best that you don't know much more. It may draw attention when you go there and start looking around for someone. Keep your weapon to the right and a free seat to the left. If anyone is following you try to keep a seat to the right free. If you think that your disguise is in danger, hold the weapon to the left. Simple enougth?" he asks. Such things are also good if he get's caught. He could sign things befor they talk and without anyone notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahonri Violist View Post
    [Zefir's Office; Some later period of time]

Some time later, after Filii and anyone else who would go in before, Maria floats up to Zefir's brand-new office. It's her turn.

"What is 'Paradise'; who live there?" she muses to herself as she contemplates the door.

She opens the door, and enters. "Do they wear 'new shoes' in Eden?" she asks Zefir.

Pretty strange question, right out of the blue, if you ask me. I'm sure anyone who understood her thought process would realize how the one thought led to the other and what inspired the first one, but it still seems pretty out-there. Actually, that reminds me. Because Maria floats everywhere, she doesn't have any need for shoes, so she is completely barefoot.
    Zefir's Office -Maria

There is no point in hearing her outside his office. Something he may work on when the office is down. Many people have doubts right before they beard the lion in his den. To know what they talk may give him an advantage. Still the Office is to new to have that done. There isn't even a PC in there.
    So Zefir looks up a bit confused at the question.
    "Every day I say." he answers. "but that's not what you are here for. You may have noticed that I took leadership over this place. For that I would like to know what the people around here can do and in case what they expect from AMEN in the future."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ogre in the Playground

Zefir's Office-Filii

Filii nods.
    So, when should I be there? And I'm guessing with these signs, the person will find me, correct?
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Orc in the Playground

Main Room

"I find the sound of the wind calming. Not blowing through anything, but the wind itself. I don't get screams when I interrogate somebody. Well, most of the time. That's Dam'Bul's job, or some other lackey's. Better if they know the person I'm interrogating, weakens the mental barriers keeping me out." Nephrim tends to use her mind control to interrogate people, though if it doesn't work she will result to physical torture.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

Agony smiles at El Cuervo. "That is correct. Screams of terror. Made even sweeter when you make sure they see you in their dreams. Night terrors." Then, for the second time since meeting the scarecrow, she repeats: "I like you."

Only this time, the meaning has changed.

Her eyes narrow at the speaking wall. "You'd do well to show some respect, peasant." She spits out. "Or I'll have you trapped in an inanimate object for all of eternity." Her voice is still level as she says this, but it's clear she means it.

Agony smiles at Nephrim. "Another mind-controller, how nice. I can relate. From the little I remember of my time as Rochelle, I know I resorted to physical torture. I didn't know better then." She laughs. "Now, I realize a mix of physical and mental torture is best. Make them feel so much pain that when they try and escape into their mind, all they'll find is more pain."

((There's a scary thought: what if Jack Bauer had mind rape powers and/or Alex Mercer's consuming powers? Most of the seasons would have been cut short. ))

10. - Top - End - #580

Main Room

"I see....Noted."

Well, El Cuervo thinks that it might have liked Rochelle better. There's something to be said for that light hearted enthusiasm for mayhem that Agony seems to have lost during 200 years.

11. - Top - End - #581

Main Room

Black threads pour from the walls, ceiling, and the floor, forming the familiar and dreaded to long time members as Dark Lord's avatar form. While no eyes can be seen on that hooded shape, the ones opening on the walls, can clearly show their contempt.

Come back when you rule more than one planet then you can try to call me peasant.

With a black flash it's standing about 2 inches away from Agony's face. And instead of the wall the mouth it shows in the hood has a lot of teeth, like teeth behind teeth and yet more teeth.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost

12. - Top - End - #582
    Pixie in the Playground

[Nicole's Room]

"Alcohol? Yeah, it's not healthy fer most people to imbibe too much of it. But me? I'm not most people. Internally, I'm less organized than you probably are, and my cells aren't specialized to execute one task and one task alone."

Nicole slurs in her sultry, Southern drawl. She turns toward Rochelle to smile confidently at her before whipping out a pair of sunglasses and performing her best Blues Brothers driving impression through the corridors of AMEN while liquored up, but when she catches sight of Rochelle's disturbing glitching, she barely manages to stop short of smashing the gas pedal through the underside of the hovercar.

What.
    The.
    Ever-loving.
    Heck.

Rochelle's status has reached Bioshock Infinite levels of wut.

"Rochelle, are you feeling alright 'cause you look alive, dead, and undead, and that's not good."

Not good? Not good!? Not good is how you describe a bland lunch or a toe that you stubbed yesterday, not temporal anomalies that are murdering, zombifying, and resurrecting the gal in your passenger seat!

Well, Nicole? Are you planning on doing anything about this?

No, Nicole. Attempting to grab Rochelle by her wrists like that and pull her out of the anomaly when she's Alive!Rochelle probably won't solve anything!

13. - Top - End - #583
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

"Oh? And how many planets do you rule?" Agony asks the Dark Lord. She doesn't react when it appears inches from her face. She definitely doesn't react when she notices its teeth, save for licking her lips.

"Are you attempting to scare me? You should see the creatures I spent the last century with." Lovecraftian aliens with physiology that would make one go mad and claw their eyes out in a futile attempt to block out the images.

She turns to the license plate strapped to her arm. "Also, you can't frighten one who revels in insanity. Tell him, Zoey." She keeps quiet for a bit, then turns back to the Dark Lord. "See?"

Evidently, she expects the Dark Lord to have heard her imaginary friend speak.

[Nicole's Room]

Rochelle giggles. "Oh, really? Can I see inside of you?" She asks sweetly as she fondles the wakizashi on her belt. "It promises to be interesting, wouldn't you say so, Rodney?" She addresses the side-mirror of the car, then chuckles. "Rodney agrees." Agony grins.

More glitching, with Agony's serene grin being glitched with Rochelle's clueless grin. "Why are you looking at me like tha-- woah!" She squeals as she is pulled. "Unhand me this instant, peon. What was that for? Not polite at all!" She yanks her hand away and dusts herself. "Have you gone sane?"

14. - Top - End - #584

Main Room

Believe it or not Dark Lord can hear her. Dark Lord is really a bit like those things she spent a century with, only more powerful due to being more in the "real" world on its own instead of others summoning and/or messing up spells.

Hihshishahhahahahiha, try whole Galaxies literately being hold in place by me. I have killed whole worlds, their gods and then their afterlife. Oh, the screams of the dead seeing me again standing over the broken and dead form of their god and knowing I'm coming for them again. But its fine if your not scared, just know this

It seems like Dark Lord is grabbing something, most people can see it, but to Agony it looks like its holding Zoey, this may or may not be real, by a mad Elder Evil that is horribly horribly, mind bending crazy, or a multidimensional entity that can exist and make illusions even on a plain that exists on the madness of her mind.

Whenever I want, I can kill you.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585

Main Room

"Well...I am not...wanted here."

And so El Cuervo heads for on the exits to the room. Better leave before people start breaking reality, while doesn't seem to be that far away based on current events.

16. - Top - End - #586
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

Oh, the Ancient aliens are just as powerful, if not more so.

The Dark Lord can't hear or see Zoey as Zoey is in her head. A result of spending 50 years in a sensory deprivation capsule floating in deep space.

((That laugh! Do you watch/read One Piece by any chance, D_Lord?))

Agony smiles widely at the Dark Lord and steps closer to it as she eyes it in admiration. "Just like the creatures I spent a century with. Very well." She curtsies to the Dark Lord. It might be able to sense that she's taken an instant liking to it, by virtue of its evil nature (though she wouldn't call herself evil).

Reminds her a lot of the creatures she lived with. You don't attempt to slay/dominate those that gave you power, you mingle with them. "My Lord." Her breathing quickens. "I am the Empress of Pain and Torment, taught and trained by ones such as you. I did not expect to meet you here. Forgive my rudeness." She curtsies again. She can't get the words out, but the look in her eyes... she'd like to be the Dark Lord's lady.

17. - Top - End - #587

Zefir's Office-Filii

Filii nods.
    So, when should I be there? And I'm guessing with these signs, the person will find me, correct?
    Zefir's Office-Filii

"As I said, he is there every two days. Just visit Trogs a few times a week." Zefir says.
    "Still he would also need something to identify himself to you. You got something in mind that might be obviouse to talk, but barly anyone would speak of?"

[Other Time watching [Main Room]]

Zefir looks less amused about the events going on there. Having two Rochelle there appears like the beginning of a real nightmare.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ogre in the Playground

Zefir's Office-Filii

Filii smiles.
    How about those banana prices? Actually, weather is the obvious choice, since people don't actually talk about it as much as you'd expect in a tavern.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #589

Main Room

The mouth closes and smiles.

Present

It tosses some type of amulet at her.

Then the avatar unwinds back into the walls, ceiling, and floor. Looks like she sort of made of quote on quote "friend".

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590

Zefir's Office-Filii

Filii smiles.
    How about those banana prices? Actually, weather is the obvious choice, since people don't actually talk about it as much as you'd expect in a tavern.
    Zefir's Office-Filii

"Sounds good. Best you do something to give him a hint. Asking about bananans out of nowhere may be weird."

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ogre in the Playground

Zefir's Office-Filii

Filii looks questioningly at Zefir.
    A hint past what a say? I'm assuming you are going to tell him what to listen for. If I say exactly what he is listening for, I won't need to hint anything, will I?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #592
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

Agony catches the amulet and looks back at the Dark Lord, then curtsies again with a smile on her face. Good to meet another 'Elder One'. She cackles once again and then investigates the amulet. (Description + function, please!)

((Sorry, Earl, but how often is D_Lord online? Your turn.))

23. - Top - End - #593

Main Room

Seeing as things have calmed down, El Cuervo stops leaving and hops its way back to where it left a book.

"Ah...good."

(DLord is infrequently online, but I can poke him often enough.)

24. - Top - End - #594
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

((Ah, I see. He seems to only post in AMEN and the Media thread, though...))

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord
    It's a mostly made of gold but some parts are blood red, all twisted lines.

As for what it does pain, pain to the user and pain to the target, at least within 30 yards. Pain like someone has cut you about 40 times with big gaping wounds.
    Agony doesn't hesitate to put on the amulet and makes a pleasure-filled scream as more pain wracks her body.

"A fine present, My Lord... my love."

A fine torture device as well. She blows a kiss to the wall.

25. - Top - End - #595
    Orc in the Playground

Main Room

Nephrim frowns. "I prefer pure mental torture. It's far less messy." Nephrim isn't exactly a neat freak, but she prefers to look innocent whenever possible. And it's hard to look innocent when spattered in gore.

She frowns further at the scream; she is wholly incapable of taking a form that is physically mature and therefore has no sexual desires whatsoever, and finds the whole thing unpleasantly mystifying.

26. - Top - End - #596
    Orc in the Playground

[Main Room]

Agony, feeling the afterglow of painful bliss, turns to Nephrim. "Far less enjoyable too. There are tricks to keep from making a mess, but where's the fun in that?"

Agony'd need a target to test the amulet on. Soon enough, Jade holds back a scream. "Thank you, Empress."

27. - Top - End - #597

Zefir's Office-Filii

Filii looks questioningly at Zefir.
    A hint past what a say? I'm assuming you are going to tell him what to listen for. If I say exactly what he is listening for, I won't need to hint anything, will I?
    Zefir's Office-Filii

"Everything can be a hint, have an apple there, buy a banana split or something else that can lead the talking to fruits. He will know exactly who you are and what you look like, but it's for your own safty and cover. A man suddendly talking about bananas is really strange, even in Trogs. Unless you are an banana or have something that leads the talking there. So this is more to keep you save. The enemies managed to have a spy in AMEN and even if they lowered their guard against us they are not stupid."

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ogre in the Playground

Zefir's bananas office-Filii

Filii smiles.
    Sounds good. What should I listen for as a response? I want to know I'm talking to the right person.
    Show

29. - Top - End - #599
    Pixie in the Playground

[Nicole's Room]

Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope! Nope!

Nicole never asked for this!

Before I proceed with typing up Nicole's reaction to Rochelle's/Agony's actions, let's review this catastrophe in the making! Nicole is drunk as a skunk, and Rochelle/Agony is glitching the Hel out like nobody's business. She (Rochelle/Agony) has also verbally and physically expressed her interest in dissecting Nicole, one of Clarissa's extremely powerful nine daughters (How extreme, you might ask? This extreme, I say!).
    Yep, that about sums it up!

How do you solve a problem like Agony? Should she just grab that loon an pin her down?
    In a word, no. Only a dum-dum would use brute force to extricate herself from this ordeal. On the other hand, Rochelle/Agony is a danger to everyone, herself included.

The second option available to Nicole is activating a reality anchor.

Nah! Engaging a reality anchor might fix Rochelle/Agony, but it also might result in her mental condition further deteriorating.

It doesn't help the matter any that Nicole has an inkling that Rochelle/Agony simply cannot be saved and will, in actuality, actively and violently resist any and all attempts to pull her britches out of the fire.

"Rochelle, either you're secretly an evolving pokemon or you've more troubles than I've extremities. Please examine yourself utilizing one of this vehicle's many, many mirrors so that you can help me help you with...this."

Nicole speedily reorients the nearest mirror attached to the hovercar so that Rochelle may view herself in it if she so desires before casting a spell under her breath which should, if all goes as planned, permit Nicole to appraise Rochelle's/Agony's soul. Her objectives are 1) to identify Rochelle's soul/spiritual presence and 2) to confirm that Agony's soul and Rochelle's soul are one in the same. Nicole isn't familiar with temporal destabilization, so it is improbable that she will be able to unglitch Rochelle/Agony.

30. - Top - End - #600

Default Re: AMEN XLVII

[Zefir's Office - Maria]

Maria nods incessantly. That's an acceptable answer. "There's so much that I noticed and things that I hear," she says, as she definitely noticed that he took leadership over here. "So you want to know what we can do; that's pretty clear. That sounds pretty important, so we can all cohere. To save us some time with your career, my important information I'll gladly volunteer: I suppose you could call me an explosives engineer," she says, "but I'm actually a witch mixed with a bioengineer. However, I actually don't remember much of my past, I fear. Haven't at all, not since I came here. Things I really like are to burn and to sear, and related magic isn't all that difficult to revere."

For some reason, she still continues talking. "As ash, I can disappear and reappear, but curses are what's 'in' this year. I don't much remember where I'm from; it may be near? Or maybe far. I recall some frontier, but I can't remember so I won't shed a tear. I know I sound sincere, but to be honest it's probably all a big veneer. Who cares? Not remembering isn't all that severe. Don't really need a uniform, either, but I wouldn't mind a bandolier."

I don't know why she hasn't stopped yet. "So, what else? I don't know where to steer this conversation, so maybe we should veer back to what I can do. With magic, I merely need to smear some blood and then my magic will rear, doing such things like, for example, burning a sphere or making an explosive to adhere or maybe even a fiery spear? I don't know, I've never tried that one, but I'd cheer if I did it." Then she remembers! "Oh, yes!" She reaches into some pocket and pulls out a pair of rusty scissors. "I have these shears."

"All-in-all, to sum it up, dear," she says, still continuing babbling for some unknown reason, possibly to just reply to his question, "I'm not the most powerful peer, but I suppose you could describe my magic sort-of like a gear." She gestures with one hand, as if holding a gear and rotating it. "It turns and turns like this, all cavalier-like, until..." She smacks her hands together, even with the rusty scissors still in them. She, of course, accidentally cuts part of her hand and she bleeds like any normal person would. "It crashes, like that chandelier from the Phantom of the Opera."

Then, Maria smiles ear-to-ear, as if something just pleased her. "And to domineer magic like that, it's just like my whole body gets filled with butterflies."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2015-05-14 at 05:48 PM.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.