New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: League of Legends LX: A Song of Loss and Ire - Dance at Dragon

@Cinematic: I have to say, that was the weirdest Ahri I've ever seen. She literally spends half the film running, then oneshots Zyra and at the end does stuff. She also looks scared. Where's the divine temptress she's depicted as? Did she end up on the field by accident or what? Overall it was pretty cool tho.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ettin in the Playground

I thought it was neat that Ahri seemed out of place, art-wise. Bigger eyes, different proportions... It nicely underlines that she's not human whatsoever.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Grand View Post
    Ninja_Grand, and Im north america, usa. Why do you ask?
    To be added to the player list, no doubt.
    I've started streaming again.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
    edit:
    SECOND person saying the models are low-quality? What? What do you guys think would be a high-quality model then?
    A model like TF's or Ryze's or Garen's. Basically, one that actually looks like it could be live action and clever special effects.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ogre in the Playground

When, and for whom, is Flash as a summoner spell not a necessity?

For example, Ezreal has his E, but he wants to not die. Is Flash a necessity to stay alive, or a comfort taken to survive otherwise deadly mistakes, or best out of the bunch even when it doesn't add anything unique to that specific champion?

When would Ghost be a better option?

And whyever can't I seem to find summoner spell cooldowns in the client? That's so weird.
    The most common champions to pick Ghost over Flash are Nasus and Olaf. Both these champions are bruisers with no mobility skills and no burst (unless you count getting hit by 800 stack Nasus Q as 'burst'), so Flashing to land one skill and then immediately losing their target again is not optimal. Ghost in an offensive capability is better for chasing down and sticking to targets continuously over time, but similarly takes time for a Ghosting champion to close on their enemy, whereas Flash is more useful for immediately closing the gap to land a single strike or combo, but doesn't give you any long term chasing power as it's likely you'll fall back behind after Flashing if you do not kill them immediately.

Ghost vs. Flash in a defensive capability works the same way. Ghost is better for escaping than Flash for a long-distance chase, however as the gap-increase between you and your assailants takes place over time, most squishy champions will simply just die before they can properly leverage Ghost's advantages in this way. They'd rather much prefer Flash for its instant gap creation, especially if they can jump over a wall to block off the chase. Tanky champions are more likely to escape with Ghost more effectively, especially Olaf since he can just press R to ignore CC and waltz out of any situation (except Jarvan).

So for those paying attention: Ghost situationally advantageous over Flash on tanky dps-based champions with low burst. The most common culprits are Nasus, Tryndamere (not tanky, but has an ult and his E is flash-like mobility on a low cooldown) and Olaf, but I could also make a case for it in some situations on Shyvana (w -> ghost -> w is hilarious amounts of chasing power), Vladimir (he's got good burst AND good dps, and has the pool to combine with ghost as a good flash substitute, though it's weak to Jarvan), Trundle (though I prefer flash for the flash -> pillar initiations), Hecarim, Udyr (though Flash-bearslap is pretty solid for ganks and initiation), Volibear (ditto flash-flip) and Singed.

DON'T take ghost over flash on: squishy champions who will die too quickly to run, tank initiators who can combo flash with their cc (flash amumu, flash galio, flash warwick, etc.), any assassin or mage with instant burst they can kill someone with after they flash.

Also note that you can take both, which is especially vogue for midlaners right now, especially Twisted Fate, and was common on top lane Vladimir at one point, though he probably wants teleport now.

Also certain junglers run NEITHER flash NOR ghost. Shaco has almost always run Smite/Ignite for the extra kill potential, Smite/Teleport splitpush Yi is a good pubstomp build, and Smite/Exhaust has been in vogue occasionally for jungle Shyvana and Nocturne to help their pre-6 ganking.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-07-22 at 09:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

I thought everyone's model was decent outside Ahri. She reminded me WAY too much of the character style from FF9. Like they took Dagger and gave her yellow eyes and painted some lines on her cheeks.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Art quality wise, I'd say Ahri looks different. More stylized, soft, animesque face, similar to Annie from Twist of Fate. It's not bad but slightly different, clashes slightly with the rest of the environment, and so it might feel a bit wrong or out of place.

It's very well done, though... I mean, the tail(s) alone. Wow. The hair simulation was decent, but the fur simulation on the tails was super.

Do you think Riot will ever base one of these on an actual fight fought in the Summoner's Rift? Of course with creative freedoms taken so that it isn't over in seconds, but with all the decision-making and spells in effect.

edit:
    SECOND person saying the models are low-quality? What? What do you guys think would be a high-quality model then?
    No you are right, it wasn't that the model were low-quality, but that Ahri was sort of out of place, now that Forrestfire remind me she isn't entirely human it does make more sense.

And I'm not sure why but I thought it was a sort of S3 team comp (Kat, Darius, Draven, Zyra, Naut) vs. a sort of S4 comp Jax, Ahri, Leona, Rengar and Graves. Or perhaps I'm overthinking it.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    So yea. New Cinematic.

Spoiler
    Show
    My poor Zyra... QQ

Also I can't stop laughing about draven. That's just funny.
    I sense.... a great disturbance in the Force.

As though a thousand Leona/Ahri shippers suddenly had their heads explode.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I sense.... a great disturbance in the Force.

As though a thousand Leona/Ahri shippers suddenly had their heads explode.
    So far theres been more uproar over the spread eagle kat than Leona x Ahri shipping....

It's the LoL community after all.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2014-07-22 at 10:06 AM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ettin in the Playground

And nobody mentioned the Graves, OR the Rango.

~sigh~

You people and your priority champions.

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started my first campaign outside of an abandoned mine, just as soon as a meteor storm from the moon hits.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Troll in the Playground

So far theres been more uproar over the spread eagle kat than Leona x Ahri shipping....
    honestly while seeing the rengar x katarina fight and the spread eagle pose i couldn't help but recall this one lol adult comic drawn awhile ago
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldariel View Post
    Mordekaiser for president.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm disappointed that Jax was taken out so quickly and had so little screen time, but it was worth it because it unleashed the unholy terror that is Nautilus. And Nautilus was awesome.

@^: I think I've read that one.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2014-07-22 at 10:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    A model like TF's or Ryze's or Garen's. Basically, one that actually looks like it could be live action and clever special effects.
    I don't think it's reasonable to expect Riot games to be as good at making free cinematics as movie or TV production companies at doing movies and tv specials. I agree that the models werne't up to the highest standards though. My expectations were different though, it seems.

Re: unearthly, intentionally inhuman face - it they went for that, it didn't work. I mean, you could explain it that way, and I had the same thought independently, but it doesn't read that way. I think it was just a different personal style of one of their artists showing through.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wow, Graves was pretty damn fed in that game. I mean jeez.

And Draven's team just didn't care when he got pounced on at all!

I choose to imagine that Zyra and Draven were underlevelled due to a bad laning phase, which might explain why Leona managed to pull off a Locket of the Iron Solari right before that ult from Darius. Which was then followed by them chasing the low HP Ahri instead of finishing Leona, that and Ahri's taunt.

Anyone else get the thought that Ahri and Leona ults were down because of a previous fight against Naut?

All in all, I could see it as a fight on the rift.

WHY GO ALL DAMAGE, NAUT!? WHY!?

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Given that Rengar's burst speed is typically measured in Planck time units, I think Draven's team made the right call in not bothering to peel.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

I mean, I agree, they don't have to have that standard...Except for the fact that in the other animation, TF, Fiddles, Garen, Trynd, and Ryze all looked really good. As did Naut and Graves in this one, for that matter. I just feel like they didn't put enough effort into Ahri and Leona on this one, to the video's detriment.

@All Damage Naut: I don't think he did. He was really, really tanky during that whole fight with Graves.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah that Rengar pounce was definitely a ferocity empowered Q and those hurt.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
    FTFY.
    I am a master of subtlety when compared to most of my family.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winthur View Post
    honestly while seeing the rengar x katarina fight and the spread eagle pose i couldn't help but recall this one lol adult comic drawn awhile ago
    It is the League of Teemo after all.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Titan in the Playground

I'm disappointed that Jax was taken out so quickly and had so little screen time, but it was worth it because it unleashed the unholy terror that is Nautilus. And Nautilus was awesome.
    Yeah.. i kinda agree on that, i had hopes he would have gotten a chance to live up to his title and lore.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

21. - Top - End - #471
    Ettin in the Playground

My only problem with the new cinematic is Rengar is supposed to take trophies.

WHY did he not take Draven's Mustache as a trophy?!!?!

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

22. - Top - End - #472
    Firbolg in the Playground

A nice video. Superior, I'd say, to the disconnected fight scenes of A Twist of Fate. And Draven was pretty chill that whole time.

@Cinematic: I have to say, that was the weirdest Ahri I've ever seen. She literally spends half the film running, then oneshots Zyra and at the end does stuff. She also looks scared. Where's the divine temptress she's depicted as? Did she end up on the field by accident or what? Overall it was pretty cool tho.
    Too busy being shipped with Leona to act like her voice-lines would imply. And as a squishy mage, being afraid of 2-4 simultaneous enemies is the right call.

Quote Originally Posted by firedaemon33 View Post
    Ryze's model was totally creepy. I think they did better not going so close to live-action look. Because they never get quite far enough for it not to look weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Kris on a Stick View Post
    <ghost vs. flash advice>
    This is all very good, but I would like to add that taking flash is unsportsmanlike, and should be limited to only Ranked, if at all.

Given Katarina's reaction just after, I think that was intentional of them.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    This is all very good, but I would like to add that taking flash is unsportsmanlike, and should be limited to only Ranked, if at all.
    lheticus pls go
    inanity aside, i'll do whatever the hell i want in normals, that's what they're for

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    It is the League of Teemo after all.
    not what i had in mind tbh

24. - Top - End - #474
    Banned

not what i had in mind tbh
    that's because you're not ego ignaxio
    kennenxteemo4lyfe

25. - Top - End - #475
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Math_Mage View Post
    that's because you're not ego ignaxio
    kennenxteemo4lyfe
    'funny' how after his house burnt down he became a drug addict, got a girlfriend and it turned out his obsession was just a phase
    vladxtalon and ezxvarus best yaoi

26. - Top - End - #476
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    Too busy being shipped with Leona to act like her voice-lines would imply. And as a squishy mage, being afraid of 2-4 simultaneous enemies is the right call.
    Aye, but you'd be Foxfiring them as you run away, Charming to keep distance and Spirit Rushing to cover scape a bit sooner. She was just...kinda there. As almost an outside observer or a kid who got thrown into wonderland or so...until the end of it. Her demeanor, actions & expressions were completely out of synch with...well, Ahri. And honestly, not a single Charm? Even tho her eyes go purple/pink once? That's just sad for a show with Ahri as the main character.

Not that I really mind, just about everyone but Ahri seemed quite right (though Nautilus was overpowered as ****). I'm just perplexed at their ability to mess up such an iconic character, not to mention one they picked as the central piece of the whole animation. Like, Kat was also running and outnumbered all the time but she had a more believable demeanor; knowing smirks (the "I know something you don't"-kind), absolute self-confidence, etc. It conveyed that she knew what she was doing and she's not a first-timer. Ahri was just a refuge escaping from war or whatever. Terror doesn't suit the face of a League-champion in combat except maybe for that one blink just before they die.

Speaking of Kat, I'm constantly amazed by how far her animations and her League gameplay are. In animations you almost never see Shunpo, Death Lotus or any of her iconic abilities, let alone as the mainstays of her repertoire; she just jumps and dodges and throws knives.
    Campaign Journal: Uncovering the Lost World - A Player's Diary in Low-Magic D&D (Latest Update: 8.3.2014)
    Being Bane: A Guide to Barbarians Cracking Small Men - Ever Been Angry?! Then this is for you!
    SRD Averages - An aggregation of all the key stats of all the monster entries on SRD arranged by CR.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of Kat, I'm constantly amazed by how far her animations and her League gameplay are. In animations you almost never see Shunpo, Death Lotus or any of her iconic abilities, let alone as the mainstays of her repertoire; she just jumps and dodges and throws knives.
    I would guess that the problem there would be that if Kat is doing her iconic thing, the enemy team just exploded, and the animation ends very quickly.

(That said, you could totally have her blink in and start lotusing before getting melted...)
    I do think I saw her shunpo once to dodge an attack, though?
    (and throwing daggers is basically her Q...)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ogre in the Playground

My fanon is that it was ahris first match. I don't think she got all nine tails until the end.

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhantomFox View Post
    My fanon is that it was ahris first match. I don't think she got all nine tails until the end.
    Now now, she's not Naruto. It doesn't work that way.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ettin in the Playground

1.With regards to Shunpo: Did you even watch A Twist of Fate?

2.Kat's Q is literally throwing dagger(s). Discounting it seems really disingenuous.

3.Honestly, I prefer a "jumping shunpo" to a "flashing shunpo", as despite Kat's AP scaling, I don't see her as a very mystical champion, so keeping her more athletic and less magical feels better to me.
    I started my first campaign around a campfire, having pancakes. They were blueberry.
    My homebrew(updated 6/17):