New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 38 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default TW: Sixth Nexus (IC)

Turn 1 Begins...

Less then a year ago the Shadowside prison was breached and the trapped Conduits rushed out to rejoin their husks. The Veil weakened and the Mana Nodes opened, flooding city with Mana. The Sixth Nexus has emerged in the Grace City. Why did it happen? Nobody is even sure, where the name Sixth Nexus came from and what it signifies. Some think the process is still unfinished and the changes in the world only just started. For better or for worse. What is the meaning of magic’s return? Perhaps it will be determined by the Mages of Sixth Nexus. The High Mages, most powerful among the Mages have started to make their moves.

The Vaulters, Ascended, Sentinels and Wardens have isolated themselves in their territories, barely interacting with the rest of the city in pursuit of their agendas.

The Cowled Mage and Circle Mages have been seeking out contacts with others, trying to establish a magical community in a true sense of the word.

The Atlanteans, Goodfellows, Gians and Merryville Preservation Society wish to impose their philosophy on the Grace City, certain of their righteousness.

The Mages like Scholar and Leona Blair study magic, taking a more scientific approach.

The Irene’s Enchanters, Technomage and Shadow Lodge just seek a place of service providers to survive and prosper.

Then there are the opportunists, trying to gain power by any means, like Nexus Runners. And those, who motives are difficult to decipher like the Russian and Grandmother.

In dark places, hidden from view there is a growing number of things that go bump at night - Sewer Dragon, Burned, Wailer, Things Below and many others, unknown and mysterious.

Leaving a trail of corpses, Mages like the Beast use their magic to fulfil their base desires. And rumors whisper of Lady in The Black Veil stalking the streets.

But now the High Mages, most powerful among them have started to make their moves and those may come to shake the very foundations of the city, if not the world.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Default Re: TW: Sixth Nexus (IC)

Amanda Shark (Gatekeeper)

A pulse rushed through the air. The Gatekeeper watched it as it went, flowing through flesh, and metal and bone. The mundanes paid it no heed, as it swept past them, passing through their bodies with no apparent effect. As it reached the gatekeeper she breathed in, casting a short spell to extend her vision. As she did so, the air began to glow ever so slightly. Gatekeeper walked slowly through the area, looking for more glows, the after effect of magic.

After an hour or so of nothing but whispers, Gatekeeper gave up for the evening. This wasn't very productive, but it was relaxing, a quiet world of grays and soft colours. Sometimes she would just sit, watching the indistinguishable crowds of mundanes passing by, oblivious to anything but their own little worlds.

There wasn't much time to relax today. Things were building up rapidly. Only a week ago she'd found the latest piece of the puzzle, a new threat looming over her. Gatekeeper had been going slow until now, taking the time to be careful, to understand everything intimately before taking any action. It was time to shift up gears. It felt like the rest of the city agreed.

Just one more thing before she got started...

Phone Calls

To the Russian:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hey! A friend referred me to you. Said you had tickets for the Masquerade in town? We should meet up. Do you know Petes Jewellers in the Sun Towers district? Meet you there at 5pm tommorow? I'll wear a pink scarf.

To the Council Offices:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good evening. This is Amanda Shark, private investigator. I have a criminal matter I'd like to discuss with someone. Can you refer me to the correct department please?

To Vossler Investigations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good evening. This is Amanda Shark, private investigator. I'd like to talk to someone from your news team please.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Keepers of Fenrir

The wolf stalks ever closer, nipping at the world's heels. It is now time we take a look at ourselves and ask whether we are truly worthy of being spared.

To the Messenger (Internet)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,

As some of the few Worldwalkers in the City, I feel you, Norton, and I should discuss some standards and manners of conduct so we don't step on each others' toes in the Veiled World. Would you be interested in a meeting?

To Emperor Norton (Phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations Emperor Norton,

I was hoping I could trouble you for a meeting between us and the Messenger, so we may discuss matters of the Veiled World. Would you be willing?

To Emperor Norton, Messenger (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    [OOC: Paying for this PM with a half action from Crow.]

To Vivian James (Phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ms. James,

As we are both some of the preeminent experts in the field of mystical creatures, I was curious if you would be willing to exchange notes? My specialty lies in the more dangerous beasts of the world, and I would theorize you deal with the more civilized races. As I intend to venture into the Veiled World, knowledge of who is out there would be very useful, and I'm sure you'd find a use of my logs as well.

Internal (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Immediate goal is to hunt an Ogre of some manner while Crow trades Lores and Techniques.

In general, would you prefer game questions here in the thread, forum PM, Google Doc, Hipchat, etc?

Lore Questions:

-What is the difference between dolls and golems?

-What are the Soulless?

-What are Familiars?

-What is a Chimera, and how is it different from a Beast King?

-What are the Named?

-What details do I have on the Enigmas (Bloodwights, Selkies, Starspawn, Leviathans)?

-How would Ogres view a Mage who has eaten a fellow Ogre? With respect, or anger?

-Which, on average, is more dangerous, a demon or a dragon?

-Is the Rend II Mana cost 8-2=6, or 6-2=4?

-Where does Jerakai stand in terms of power level versus the beasts I know of? Is a single Ogre a challenge? A pack of Aquatic Ogres? A Beast King?

-What is the Forest Nexus? A locus of nature mana?

-Are goblins notable in any way, i.e. worth hunting? Do I know "how to handle them", in terms of Goblin Raids?

-What do I know about the Tribes of the Green River? Specifically, how would I earn their aid and/or trust?

-Is there any physical difference in Aquatic Ogres and their normal variety, or is it just their social habits? (Debate being which would be better to hunt first)

-If I devour a creature, do I get a bonus with interactions to that type of creature? (i.e. If I eat an Aquatic Ogre, do other Aquatic Ogres look to me more favorably, or can I better tame the more animal creatures?)
    Last edited by Nemesis67; 2014-12-18 at 04:36 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

The Emperor

A fairly unassuming-looking man gets up. Still in his pajamas, he shaves, then dresses. A conservative dark blue suit, though he somewhat longingly eyes the tricorne and uniform hung in their plastic bag in the dresser. With a sigh, he turns around and puts on a dark tie.
    Downstairs, an old lady is making breakfast, in the English style, eggs, bacon, sausages, beans. Tea, not coffee.
    "Ah, good morning, Lady Esmeralda. Any news from the provinces?"
    "Just the papers, your Majesty", the landlady says, smiling. He was a nice gent, if a bit eccentric.
    He sits down and opens the paper. "Very well. Let us see what news the heralds have brought... oh, and if you could lend me ink and paper, I have some messages to write."

(All letters come in moderately impressive caligraphy, with seals and a coat of arms, plus impressive titles at the end. I'm not typing them out every time. His Imperial Majesty Joshua the first of Norton, Emperor of the United States of the Americas, Protector of Mexico)

To the Online Inquisitor

Spoiler
    Show
    Salutations.

We are looking for a reliable way to spread Our voice more effectively among the common people of the city and the nation. Though We know little about the internet and other modern technologies, you come with a high pedigree indeed. You have a sterling reputation for not only honesty, but also printing political messages true and unadultered.
    Therefore, itseems to Us that you may very well be the man most suitable for the post of Imperial Herald. Our offer, therefore, is as follows: We promise to make all Our broadcasts and bulletins through you, and in turn, you will broadcast them as written. I am sure we can both benefit from that, We from an increased audience, you from exclusivity.

His Majesty &c. &c.

The Shadow Lodge

Spoiler
    Show
    With displeasure We hear that some of Our most magically gifted subjects are feeling threatened and must hide in shadows for safety, though We must congratulate you on your ingenuity and skill.
    We would extend Our Imperial Protection to you, if you want it. In addition, perhaps we could exchange techniques and knowledge, to mutual benefit?

His Majesty &c. &c.

The Merryville Preservation Society

Spoiler
    Show
    It brings Us great pleasure to hear that, with Our Personage being in the third century of Our life, there are still those with an interest and respect for history. It would be Our pleasure to honour the Preservation Society with an Imperial visit at the Society's convenience and talk about the good old times.

The House of Salvation

Spoiler
    Show
    We have heard many good things through the grapevine and it gives Us pleasure to hear that the spirit of Christian charity is alive and well in this millennium still. We would like to extend Our appreciation and provide what Imperial support We can. We would furthermore inquire about Sermons, as it has been, to Our grand shame, far too long since We have visited a proper church and visited Mass and would therefore humbly ask to be accepted into the congregation.

The Circle Mages

Spoiler
    Show
    The responsible use of Magic is a topic dear to Our heart, as we like to preach moderation in all things. We would therefore like to give you Our appreciation. We were thinking about founding an Imperial Oversight Committee for the Oversight of Magic and we can think of no one more suited. Will you accept this honour?

The Sentinels

Spoiler
    Show
    We know something of your heritage and your ancestry. If you would meet Us privately, at your convenience in the place and under the circumstances of your choosing, We think that We have an offer that is very beneficial for everyone involved.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

5. - Top - End - #5

The Emperor to the Keepers of Fenris

Spoiler
    Show
    But of course, it would be Our pleasure. Just give Us a time and place and We will make time.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Gatekeeper

The Russian [Phone 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

I’ll be there.

Council Services [Phone 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Dear Amanda. All security concerns are handled by the private police organizations. If your inquiry is related to the Grace City in general, Downtown or Factories, please contact Silvershield Inc. If your Inquiry is related to the Merryville, you can contact Armsmen Inc. If your inquiry is related to smuggling or bio-terrorism, please contact Health Enforcement immediately.

I hope this call has provided you with information you require. Please have a nice day in the best city in the world.

Keepers of Fenrir

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Every method is ok, except maybe google docs. I might miss a message there and reply late.

Dolls are more human-like, while golems bodies are optimized for hard work. There’s more to the Dolls as they were apparently considered to be much stronger than regular golems, but you lack definite information.

Soulless are magically made clones.

Familiars seem to be some sort of magical servant to the Mages. They are however different from servants mae with Magi-Tech or Lifecraft.

Chimeras are what happens when you take several Beat Kings and mesh them together. They are much more dangerous.

Named… hmm… some sort of powerful Elementals.

You have very little information on Enigmas. Bloodwights have threatened massive damage at one point, but fortunately were exterminated. Selkies seem to conform to mundane legends. Starspawn and Leviathans you aren’t certain about, though perhaps certain Shadow Mages may know know about the latter.

For Ogres it’s more important, how and why the Ogre was eaten, rather than the fact of his consumption. They are what you could call religious about cooking and eating. All things are going to get eaten by something - predators, others of your race or if you avoid danger long enough, worms and maggots. That’s simple truth of life. What matters is how you eat/get eaten and what it means for you. That’s what gives life meaning. There were made as soldiers for meat grinder of war a long time ago, fed nutritious, easily produced sludge. Then they rebelled and what sparked it was not the fact that they were sacrificed on battlefield and treated like dumb animals, but actually some trivial thing about eating. Strange world.

Well… there are some very powerful Demons, but rank and file are weaker, then a Dragon.

Rend II costs 6.

Unless it’s a veteran Ogre in his natural environment and with some advantages, Jerkai should win.

You don’t know what Forest Nexus is. You just stumbled on the name in your research.

A single goblin isn’t notable. Only if you opt to hunt them en masse. But generally, you don’t have enough information on gobbas.

Well, they are not malicious, but they like their independence and don’t like the thought of strangers coming and taking their land. Which they assume of most foreigners. There is some worship of river spirits, which they see as important and they value toughness and ability to survive. They also believe that anybody trying to find the end of the river is as good as dead.

Well, Aquatic Ogres have adapted to water, so in their element they would be fairly dangerous, able to remain underwater, dive and swim quickly.

You generally don’t get magical bonuses to interaction by devouring creatures.

Imperial Court

Online Inquisitor [Internet 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

I admit I haven’t heard of your Imperial Majesty before. Can you please tell me, who are you?

O/I

Shadow Lodge [Shadow Whisper 6]
    Spoiler
    Show

We would have to question the offer of protection with no strings attached. What benefit is it to you? We may be willing to trade information, if you have something of interest to us.

A whisper arrives from nowhere...

House of Salvation [Letter 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

The House of Salvation shall not turn any soul seeking to convene with higher power. I also invite you to take part in our gathering on next Sunday, where good people of the city shall gather to help the poor and unfortunate.

Father Frederick.

The Circle of Mages [Letter 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

I appreciate your support of our ideals. May I offer, that we should proceed with greater prudence in such important things. Perhaps you could visit the Circle and we could discuss in greater detail your proposal.

Circle of Mages, Crest of Tower with Sun half-risen behind it, with seven golden rays of light and one black.

Merryville Preservation Society [Letter 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

A person of such respect to the traditions of the Merryville’s glorious past is certainly welcome to attend our meeting.

MPS, A Crest of Heart, Tree, Moon on the upper left and Sun on the upper right, with a single Star above.

Sentinels [Letter 2]
    Spoiler
    Show

We can meet in the cafe, opposite Hotel Majestic in Visitor’s Quarters.

The letter was delivered by a teen courier, who quickly disappeared.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2014-12-18 at 05:19 PM.
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

7. - Top - End - #7

(All Letter 1)

His Imperial Majesty to the Inquisitor

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, the sad lack of education in the youth of today is quite appaling. We are of course none other than His Imperial Majesty Joshua Abraham Norton the first, by the grace of god, emperor of the United States and Protector of Mexico, ascended to the throne of this fair land in 1859. We were forced to leave this world for a while, between the years of our lord 1880 and now, travelling on a quest to return magic to the world, leaving the rule in the capable hands of the Senate and the Presidency. Now we have returned to take up the crown once more. You may see why this is a grand opportunity for you.

His Imperial Majesty to the Shadow Lodge

Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Sirs, this offer is made because it is Our duty to protect Our subjects. There are no demands attached to this, no true Emperor would do anything less.

His Imperial Majesty to the House of Salvation

Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you Father. We will gladly attend.

His Imperial Majesty to the Circle

Spoiler
    Show
    We will gladly attend.

His IMperial Majesty to the Sentinels

Spoiler
    Show
    Gladly.

GM:

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm really hoping some of the others there can spend the actions for PMs there. I really don't have remotely enough otherwise.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Imperial Court

Inquisitor [Internet 3]
    Spoiler
    Show

I see. Emperor Joshua, I consider myself subject to my readers and as such I can ony publish what I believe they require. I would propose that you send me what you wish to make public I will decide, whether to give it a go.

Spoiler
    Show

So by accepting your offer, we acquiesce that we are your subjects. You would forgive us to be wary to make such commitment out of concern, that that would make your enemies ours. We are not quite prepared to throw away the shield of neutrality, until we are certain your sword is mighty enough.

Shadow Lodge

Sentinels [Sentinel-PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

The man awaiting Emperor Joshua in the Cafe La Matra could probably be a leading actor in a movie or a popular singer. He is young looking, well-built with fine features and voice, that instantly catches attention. The waitress lingers at the table, clearly enjoying such extraordinary customer. While she seems to be disappointed with arrival of the Emperor, his own charming manner quickly wins her over and the coffee with pastry is brought to the table quickly and with extra care.

As Emperor takes a measure of the man, he can't, but notice the eyes, that seem to belong to an older man or at least one with weight of responsibility and sorrow.

''I am Florian Aristide'' the young man introduces himself. ''You wished to proposed something to us.''

Imperial Court [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Circle of Mages and House of Salvation would require PMs. Would you side with Mages or Templars?
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2014-12-18 at 06:30 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

Amanda Shark (The Gatekeeper):

Встреча друзей (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Amanda is waiting outside the store, leaning casually against the polished stone wall. The store is in a slightly quieter area of the shopping plaza, but still very much in public eye. Amanda is dressed casually, nothing much to make her distinct from anyone else in the area besides her pink scarf. She is of slight build, her face is English with a hint of Spanish, and her hair is black, kept short for ease of management.

To Silvershield Inc (Phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Good Evening. This is Amanda Shark, private investigator. I have information that may be useful in your work. I am happy to relay it over the phone.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Deathknell

“...which, in turn, produces more cells.” Professor Alexander Crow set down his chalk, turning away from the blackboard and taking a well-practiced pause. “So… we’ve covered cellular genesis and growth. What are we still missing?”

The classroom was silent. Not uncommon, for a 101 course, but Crow still waited a few seconds and watched for a raised hand. No such luck, it seemed.

“Well, if cells kept growing and growing and never stopped, it wouldn’t be sustainable - in fact, that’s how tumors are formed, but we’ll get to that later. No, there’s one more, very important part of the cycle: cell death. By default a cell will try to stay alive, but they’re programmed to die when certain conditions call for it. This process is called apoptosis - you may want to write that down. We couldn’t survive if we didn’t have this system in place to kill unnecessary cells; the reason we have fingers and toes is because we sculpt them with the controlled death of the cells in between. So don’t think of cell death as an implicitly bad thing. It’s an invaluable tool of growth. Life… is shaped by death.”

“That’s all for today’s lecture. Read chapters one and two before Monday’s class.”

“All done for the day, prof?” Maggot was leaning next to the classroom door as Crow stepped out into the hall.

Crow sighed. Never a moment’s rest. “Not yet, Jacob. I have a few things to see to before we go.”

“Come on, who cares? You’re Daegan the Renewer, why even bother wi-”

“Don’t call me that!” Daegan snapped. “Not here. I’ve told you, we need to be careful if we have any hope of… look, just go ahead without me. I’ll meet you and Carver at the mansion.”

Ascent [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hi Tim, how's it going? Just want to let you know that I'm starting into a few personal projects, off the clock. As a fellow academic I thought maybe we could learn a few things from each other, or at least cooperative if you have plans of your own - I know some of the more advanced sciences are a little arcane, so I'd be glad to have a colleague to bounce ideas off of.

- Alex Crow (Biology Dept)
    Last edited by Cognimancer; 2014-12-18 at 08:35 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

NinjaGuy

Silver Mary closed the door of the Cafè, after Isis entered.

"Evening. I see you are in a hurry today"

"Mary, didn't you hear? It has attacked again. The Be..."

There was something in the way she talked that made Mary look very intently to her pupil.

"Isis, do not call trouble. You know We Do Not Speak Certain Names."

Isis looked to her master in distress
    "Are we not going to do anything?"

Mary smiled. "Oh, dear, of course we are!! We are going to talk to people. Look at what I'm going to send in the mail."

"Whatever. I'm going out again. Maybe I'll do something useful for a change"

SPC To Shadow Lodge [Shadow Whisper 5)]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We share common interests, our quest for knowledge binds us together. I'm begining a project to gather quite a lot of lore, in the form of a book club.
    Are you interested? We'd like to have in a more close alliance with you in the future."

SPC to Scholar, Leona Blade, Hyperion Inc, Deathknell, Ascent, Gatekeeper of the Sixth Nexus, The Messenger, Vossler Investigators, Volkin, Emperor Norton, Fenrir's Chosen, (Mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The Scottish Play Cafè Theater would like to invite you to join our book club. We are currently reading on Science Fiction, Mythology and Fantasy literature, and are interested in meeting people who are deeply interested in these topics. If you want to learn more, come to the Cafè in Redstone Avenue. We have tea and cookies. Invitation only; if you know someone who would like to come, tell me and we'll tell them."

SPC To Merryville park Chess Club and Love Potion Cafè (Mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We would like to congratulate you on the fine work you are doing in the Park. We'd like to contribute in some way, by having cultural projects there. Would you be interested?"

SPC to Brendan Vasser (Isis Free PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Isis walked into the Red Hand.
    "Good morning; I'd like to talk to a man named Brendan Vasser, please."

GM
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did I get that right? One free PM per wizard/asset? If that's not the case; I'll spend Isis half action on this one.

TOTAL WAR WIKI: Come out and play
    http://totalwar-mechanicsrepository.wikispaces.com/

12. - Top - End - #12

Volkin's Emporium

Volkin stood above his store spending a few minutes not looking over his books. All over the place people were walking around, shopping and talking. So many people that will be forgotten to time. So many that will never be remembered. Volkin wouldn't allow that to happen to him, but looking down on the street he noticed another problem. The church was everywhere in HappyTown. They ran the town, and all it would take is one mistake and he would be running to the other side of the city in no time.

Letter to Irene’s Enchanters (level 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Irene,

I believe we have some aligned interests in our work, but I believe it may be in our best interest to split away from that momentarily. If you are interested in hearing out my ideas please come by my shop soon.

~Volkin

Letter to the Gatekeeper (level 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Keeping our "knowledge" from spreading to the common folk is very important to my work, and I am wondering if you would like to work in Happyville for few weeks helping with the task.

~Volkin

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

The Ascent

Title: Nexus Information Deals

Author: The Professor

Anyone who believes they may have something to gain from sharing or trading in information, techniques or such, should contact me here. Especially regarding any Power issues. I am also available for consulting regarding any rites you find too risky or difficult, at the low price of being informed of the details of what I am to work on.

Deathknell [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello. Of course I'd be interested in working jointly on things, if the details are agreed upon first. Knowledge is Power, after all. Do you have anything specific in mind?
    ~ Timothy Amaryl, Phys. Dept

Terrac Science Inc. [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello,

I believe our goals might be rather similar. Learn and understand the unknown, and turn it into something of use, technology to bring prosperity to the world. Perhaps we might trade information and knowledge? And maybe even work together on some projects later on.

~Hound, Ascent

The Messenger [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings, good neighbour.

I am glad to find someone else nearby who knows that knowledge is power. Mayhap we could both empower ourselves with an exchange of the former?

~Hound, Ascent

Technomage [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello.

It is good to see someone combine human ingenuity in new and original ways. Perhaps there is something we may learn from each other, or work together on, in the future. If you ever need a hand, keep us in mind.

~Hound, Ascent

Doctor Leona Blair [Public Meeting 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Professor himself has taken the time to walk up to the hospital at the end of Blair's shift. Of course, he is not quite recognizable as himself, wearing the skin of a different man. But he keeps himself recognizable to mages with the correct sight.

He quickly catches up to her and nods politely. "Doctor Blair, I presume. I am the Professor. Forgive for the intrusion, but I was hoping you might have time for a short chat - I have great respect for your work and dedication."

The Goodfellows [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Greetings.

We have great respect for your ideals and the work you've done on them so far. We're willing to trade information and techniques if you are so inclined, and to at least consider assisting in any troubles you might have. Please keep the offer in mind.

~Hound, Ascent

Nexus Runners [Public Meeting 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Miriam Wolfe, in her identity as the Hound, enters the Free Market. She heads straight for the places Roarke's people frequent. Her visage is beautiful, slightly elfin but not too noticeable to mundanes. However, those with knowledge of the arcane should recognize her on sight, and by her reputation as a warrior. Then she waits for someone to show up in response.

Keepers of Fenrir [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Knowledge is power. Perhaps we could empower each other with an exchange? I believe we have a lot to offer each other.

~Hound, Ascent

The Ascended [Public Meeting 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Lisa walks past the factories, a minor use of her ability keeping normal people from caring about her presence. She's looking for something abnormal, instead. Feeling the flow of mana, she directs herself towards where she hopes she'll encounter some of the Ascended - both to talk and to scout them out.

The Scholar / Paladin [Public Meeting 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Professor in his ordinary guise, familiar to Scholar, makes the trip to the Warehouses area. His main goal is to find the Scholar and hold a discussion, but on the way he would be quite interested in having a talk with the Paladin(s) as well. (Feel free to split this one in two unless we somehow happen to meet all at once)

SPC [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

I'll be there. You have good initiative.

~Professor, Ascent

Volkin [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Between those of us for whom knowledge is power, perhaps you might wish to trade some of the former to attain some of the latter? I know a lot of tricks that you might be interested in, and am willing to teach you some in exchange for your knowledge of... our kind of history.
    [OOC: Trade you a full list of my Power techniques and promise to teach you two of your choice in exchange for a list of your things (but no promise to teach any) and your Myths and Legends lore. I've got some pretty good things for Power mages.]
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

14. - Top - End - #14

Volkin's Emporium

Mail to SPC (mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

You know the way to a mans heart. Assuming work does not get in the way I will be by.

~Volkin

Mail to the Ascent (mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show

Professor

How many techniques do you know? It has taken me quite a time to sift through the true and false myths to try and gain some semblance of truth. I'd like to know a bit more of what I'm getting out of the deal before putting in.

~Volkin

Internal (GM - PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

Do I need to create patterns as well, or is assumed I can come up with them on the fly as needed? Basically, do I need to spend and action researching a fireball pattern or is it assumed I already know how to, and only the amount of mana/stats matters.

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

Vossler Investigations

"CHUG! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!"

Kieth cleaned glasses like every good barman should when things are quiet. The well loved wooden table slammed over and over by enthusiastic students in the corner brought a grimace to his face, but they were a good crowd to have on a quiet Wendsday afternoon. Only a couple of other regulars like Sam Ford and Ellen Palmer were here at the moment, and they we quietly chatting on the balcony table.

A buzzer signaled the office upstairs had just lost an occupant, and sure enough Annabell appeared a moment later in unusually buisnesslike clothes.

"You haven't pawned your dress clothes yet?"
    "Some of us round here still have some class old man."
    Kieth grinned at his daughter.
    "Youth these days have no manners, were you born in a barn lass?"
    "Fault of my upbringing, I was raised in a troubled household. Dad was never there for me."
    She looked at him with puppydog eyes only Annabell could pull off.
    "Sounds like a right troll, pretty girl like you deserves better. Where you headed? Could you hold the bar down for a bit? My useless son is known to make it float away."
    She rolled her green eyes.
    "Might want to call him down then, I'm off to the art gallery to keep your business afloat. Heard your clientele has fallen in quality somewhat. I don't think that poor boy can hold much more alcohol."
    "Bah, fine then. I am apparently joining a book club."
    "I didn't realize you could read a book longer than a drink menu. You really are turning into an old codger. Have fun pops."
    She left with a flourish, and the bar seemed to dim without her.

To the Scottish Play Cafe (letter)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd be honoured to join, when do you meet?

To the 5th Avenue Opera Houses, Art Galleries, Theaters, Museums, and the Hope Gallery (mail)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Dear Sir or Madame,
    Is your organization interested in a small business opportunity of co-operative advertising? We will advertise your establishment in the Blackfeather Bar in exchange for you advertising us as an excellent restaurant and bar to go with the cultural experience you provide.
    Regards,
    Annabell Vossler

Alison and Aaron Antiques (phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is there a catalougue I may browse for your establishment? I am seeking decorations and curiosities for my bar.
    Regards,
    Kieth Vossler
    OOC: Would I have spend an action to visit the shop?

To the Messenger (phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings once again friend. We have swapped information and favours in the past, I was just wondering if there was any particular information you were seeking at this current juncture?
    Regards,
    Kieth Vossler

16. - Top - End - #16

The Emperor

To the Online Inquisitor (Letter)

Spoiler
    Show
    And one can demand nothing more from the press, We are sure. And with all that, We must say that We still trust you more to publish Our unadulterated and edited word than other media outlets. In the city. For new, We would just like to draft a proclamation, properly proclaiming our return. A short notice, if you will.

"Rejoice!

His Imperial Majesty, Joshua Abraham Norton the Frist, Emperor of the United States, Protector of Mexico, Bringer of Power, has returned from His long and strenuous quest to retake the throne and crown He has left empty and in the capable hands of the president and Senate in Washington. Until proper palaces &c. can be constructed, He has taken his residence in the Court of Lady Esmeralda Lockhart, 162 21st Avenue, where He will hold court and speak the Imperial Justice, if such is necessary, every Sunday from after mass until the evening meal."

A simple matter, you will agree. We are sure that Our Imperial Herald can make this message heard across the city."

To the Shadow Lodge

Spoiler
    Show
    You misunderstand. There can be no doubt that You are, much as anyone in this city, are already Our subjects, being good citizens of America. We are merely extending you the protection You would enjoy anyway. It would deeply sadden Us to see you refuse it.

Sentinels [PM]

Spoiler
    Show
    "Very well. We will get right to the point. You have Elven blood, and you have problems.

We are an accomplished world walker ourselves. Now. There is a nation in the Veiled World that We would like to open diplomatic negotiations with. It is known to Us that the citizens of this nation have a deep and abiding respect for Elves and anything Elven. You may surmise where this is going.

What We would like from you is this: that you provide Us with a small retinue of your people, especially those in which the Elven blood is visibly noticeable, if you can, to accompany Us on a diplomatic mission to the Kingdom of Telamore, which is perhaps the strongest and certainly one of the oldest Veiled nations. I would, of course, guarantee their safety with every ounce of my power, Imperial and Magical.

In exchange, We can offer three things.
    The first, my power as a noble. In addition to the elfish, Telamore respects the nobility. Together, we should be able to forge treaties that help not only the united states, but also yours in particular. We are sure you can use every resource you can get, in your current conflict.

Second, We have friends who know how to access another Veiled domain, known as The Forest. It is a primeval and mostly unspoiled wilderness, if a bit infested with monsters.

Third, my magic. We are a High Mage of Shadow, in addition to our political powers. We can promise favours of a magical nature.

So, what say you?

GM

Spoiler
    Show
    With the free PMs, I should have enough for those two and still some exchanging of techniques and lore. So, that should be fine.

The Scottish Play Café

Spoiler
    Show
    The Emperor is of course always glad to bestow His presence upon cultural events. We will gladly come.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Volkin [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

One minor, two Trait-based with one extra level and three major rituals, two of which have an extra level.
    [OOC: Basically, cherry-pick the most useful things out of Power 6 Lore listing.]
    Last edited by Murska; 2014-12-19 at 06:23 AM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Brendan Vasser

Three days tracking down the target, scoping out the location.

8 hours setting up, waiting.

Target arrives. Middle-aged Caucasian male. Matches picture. Family man. No-one else home.

First shot kills him. Second shot makes sure.

No chance this looks like an accident. Someone must be trying to send a message. Not being paid to wonder who.

No problems with escape route. No witnesses. Quick. Clean. Professional. Textbook. Felt good. Like the old days. Before magic and all it’s crap complicated everything.

“Is this what you’re wasting your time with, Vasser? Don’t you have Magic? Don’t you have something more productive you could be doing?”

I don’t have time for this. Jobs like this get me paid. Jobs like this get us resources. Resources we’re going to need if we’re going to get anywhere in this damned city.

“You know, I could.. Hmm. Well. I’ll let it stand, for now. Just don’t forget what you’re here for, Vasser. I am not famous for my patience.”

Brendan sighed. He couldn’t run from the new world forever. Grace City had changed. And if he was going to save it… he’d need allies. Information. Resources. It was time to find out just how the world had changed.

To Scottish Play Coven [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    (Minor misunderstanding here. The Red Hand is a name used for Vasser. Contacting him would more involve talking to the right person and arranging a meeting)

The witches entrance into the Boudoir is closely watched by some. And when she starts asking questions about Vasser.. everyone seems to go quite, and exchange nervous looks. It's clear that this name is one not spoken lightly. Eventually, she is shuffled into a back room, and told to wait there.

Not long after, a man joins her in the private room. His hair is black and close cropped, and his clothes dark. He wears a glove on his right hand. Other than that, he seems like a man who would blend into a crowd. Excessively non-descript, even.

"I am Vasser."

"You're not some random woman, are you? Tracking me down here. I'm assuming you want something, Miss...?"

To the Demons [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Is your name just a name? What do you know of true Demons?

B.V.

Internal -[GM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyone looking to hire the Red Hand?
    Last edited by Imperial Psycho; 2014-12-19 at 03:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

NinjaGuy

SPC to Vasser (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My name is Isis. You could say I'm not a normal woman."
    (Her face changes briefly, revealing two pointy ears and part of a burn scar before coming back to normal)

"I'm one of what I know to be a very long list of people. And I heard of others. Specially about a certain Hand, who kills with stealth and great power.

I came here for two reasons. First reason, I would be interested in making a deal with said Hand. I would like to clarify something first. Do the Hand's powers com from the Light or the Dark?"

"Second reason, to bring you this:"

(She gives Vasser a written invitation to the book club)

SPC Book club (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    The meeting begins early in the afternoon.

As the guests begin to arrive, Silver Mary serves the tea.

"I hope there's enough seats for everyone. This will be a busy afternoon."

20. - Top - End - #20

Deathknell

Ascent [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think my larger projects are still ramping up, at this point. Shortly, though, I expect to break some new ground, and you might be interested in the finer, technical points when it gets that far. Until then, though... actually, it occurs to me that there may be a chance for us to work together sooner.

I'm setting up a workstation just south of town, you see. That's where I plan to do much of my research, but there's a certain pest nearby that I'm concerned might interfere with my work. The damned creature just keeps Wailing all night - maybe it's rabid. One of my associates is a very talented hunter, and might try to put it down for the good of everyone. I've heard you, or perhaps it was a friend of yours, had a similar passion for hunting, and might enjoy the practice. If you're going to be in the area, let me know.

Wave's Circle
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings. I couldn't help but notice that you're gathering quite a coven on the lake. As one of the only other organized groups of our kind south of the city, I'd like to extend a hand of friendship. There seems to be little of major concern around here, but in case anything does come up, I'd like to think that we could cooperate in protecting the safety of us and ours.

Signed,
    Daegan the Renewer

Internal [GM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    What do I know about the Wailer? We're practically neighbors - do I know anything about what kind of creature it is, how it kills its victims, or how exactly it keeps its attacks from attracting attention?

What are ghosts, for the purposes of my Ghost Binding techniques? Do I have to "collect" them somehow to use them, or are there ambient ghosts in the environment?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Brendan Vasser

Vasser to SPC[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Brendan seems surprised by the elfin visage of his visitor, but remains quiet. At her somewhat roundabout method of speech, he smiles, briefly.
    "You can relax. This is a private room, the kind I use to speak with clients. The employees here are all deaf and dumb and blind, so to speak."

"As for the source of the Red Hands power.. I'm sorry. I can't tell you that. Not.. not yet. Just think of me as neither Light nor Dark, if that helps."

"But this..." He gestures at the invitation, which he holds in his hand. "This could be exactly what I need, if I take your meaning correctly. But.. large gathering of.. individuals... won't it be a target?"

22. - Top - End - #22

NinjaGuy

SPC to Vasser (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "My Master and I are using our Powers to cover the meeting to outside eyes, and to protect the ones who attend. I'm interested in learning more of alternative uses of the Practice.
    I'm looking to gain the power to dispose of some of the True Monsters. I wouldn't ask someone else to do it, I want to do it myself.

In exchange for training, I offer information. We have ways to find out hidden things, as I'm sure you'll find out."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Deathknell

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You haven't been acquainted. It appears the attack is sound based, from the name Wailer, and its victims are made to look to have suffered accidents or died in a situation, where it was by their own stupidity or intent, as nobody from the outside could have done it, unless he had magic.

You will need to locate ghosts to bind with an action.

Red Hand

Demons [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Now why do you expect us to answer that?

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Surprisingly, a dry spell for murderous intentions. It’s as if people in Grace City don’t want each other dead… at least for now. Well, there is work, but fairly low one - on the level of something, street gangbangers usually handle.

Imperial Court

Spoiler
    Show

Listen. What you obviously need in your Court are spymasters - somebody to inform you on what’s what. How about we keep our allegiances clear and say we are not your subjects, but deliver you tasty morsels of information for proper remuneration.’’

Sentinels [PM-Sentinels]
    Spoiler
    Show

''You wish to employ the power of our blood, for political reasons. I fear I must refuse. The human politics are twisted and even the best of intentions of good men are often turned for evil means or made empty for public relations purposes.’’ Aristide glances in the direction of the DOwntown Towers. ‘’What we can’t allow is for the legacy of the Elvish race be tainted by our actions. In this issue I can’t commit to the course, direction of which I can’t predict or control.''

''I fear I act selfish, when I have just refused your request, to make one myself. But we would be grateful, if it were possible for you, at some point to guide our representatives to this Kingdom of Telamore. I think we may learn things there that may be of importance. Unfortunately such trip isn’t possible now - if we split our forces, then should the Minutemen attack, they may wipe out those, who stay behind. But perhaps in the future.''

''Your offer of a primordial forest is gracious, but it is not what my people seek.''

Gatekeeper

The Russian [PM-Gatekeeper]
    Spoiler
    Show

There are many shoppers in the mall, so Amanda is easily lost among them. The man she invited is however easily identified - broad shouldered, wearing shirt and trousers that don’t mesh with modern fashion and sporting a thick, black beard. He speaks with strong accent. ''Greetings. You wished to speak to me. So here I am.''

Silvershield Inc.
    Spoiler
    Show

Please provide your Security Policy Number. If you don’t have one, you will be assigned a temporary number, that will be used, if you would require a follow-up call.

If you wish to join our Security Plan or alter its conditions press 1,
    If you wish to discuss a case related to your Security Plan, press 2
    If you wish to discuss other topics, press 3…

Click

''Yes. Thank you for calling. Please state your information.''

SPC

Shadow Lodge [Shadow Whisper 5]
    Spoiler
    Show

We’d be interested. So how do you see this arrangement working? You tell us what you know, we tell you what we know, or what?

Chess Club [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

You are a theatre Cafe, right? So you could put a performance in the park? Now that sounds like a fine idea indeed.

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

Yes. One per VIP/Asset.

Volkin’s Emporium

Irene’s Enchanters [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Wouldn’t you say we have aligned businesses, which puts us at opposition to each other, as direct competitors? How about we meet in a neutral territory, Hotel Majestic’s restaurant this evening?

Internal [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

You can come up with them on a fly.

Vossler’s Investigations

Mail List [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

The offer of mutual advertisement comes with little results, as venues contacted seem to think Blackfeather Bar would provide little value advertisement for them.

A & A Antiques [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Certainly. Please come, we are always happy to see new customers.

[It won’t take an action.]

The Ascent

Technomage [Mail 5]
    Spoiler
    Show

I will keep your offer in mind. Don’t hesitate to contact me, if you find my area of expertise in demand.

Leona Blair [Public 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Doctor Blair greets Professor with cool detachment. ‘’I have a short break. As long as you keep it brief and remain circumspect in the topics you discuss, I’m willing to listen.’’

Goodfellows [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Hello Professor. If you could lend us a hand, that would be awesome. We don’t need anything complicated here - just some honest work fixing the place, generating some free energy and maybe getting some gardens on the roof to grow vegetable for the people. You are a smart men with a PhD. Maybe you could come up with something clever. Just a shame to see all that cosmic power go to waste, when it help people.

Nexus Runners [Public 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Roarke himself walks to the waiting Miriam, though with thick crowds around the place, he could have any number of backers. ''Now to what do I owe the honor of this feisty lady’s visit'' he smiles a charming smile.

The Ascended [Public 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Lisa walks for a long time, before finally finding a figure, that may be one of the Ascended. He reveals himself, walking from a door to one of the smaller building, probably used as a garage. The figure looks wounded and diseased, large greenish bulbs appear on his hand and half of his face is swollen with an eye completely blocked by the bloated flesh. Through a tear in the clothes, that Lisa recognizes as belonging to a military medic, a gunshot wound slowly drips blood. Yet the man seems to ignore the damage to his body and his eye bores into Lisa’s face with intensity of some powerful emotion. The people around haven’t yet noticed the figure or perhaps prefer to ignore or question such strange presence.

''We didn’t have guests for a long time here. Now what are you doing walking around in our place of power so brazenly?'' the man speaks. There’s a guttural quality to his voice, that adds menace to it and spit, mixed with blood escapes his mouth.

The Scholar & Paladin [Public 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

The Professor fails to find either of the people he is looking for.
    Last edited by Thelonius; 2014-12-19 at 05:32 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

Deathknell [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

What a lovely invitation. Of course I shall participate. But in the interests of prudence, I hope it will not impose to invite along another associate, expert in such creatures. It is an unknown sickness inflicting this poor beast, after all.

~The Hound, Ascent
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25

NinjaGuy

SPC to Shadow Lodge[Shadow Whisper 5]
    Spoiler
    Show
    "That's the basic idea. There are others interested; so there could be quite a lot of information going around. If anyone was gathering information to sell it could be a good place to learn more; and to sell quite a few tidbits.

We are looking to create alliances with some of the... Better inclined groups around here. This could be an opportunity to meet and exchange; as well as prepare the field for a bigger relationship in the future.

I'm looking to learn more about the Ascension Rituals. With a little time, I could devise a way for many of us to gain great powers.

I believe that there could be more to Ascension than what we already know."

26. - Top - End - #26

Keepers of Fenrir

To Ascent (Mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    This sounds promising. I know of the beasts that haunt this world that may of interest to you.

To Deathknell (Mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I have heard some stories of the Wailer that resides near your home. Do you know anything more about it?

To the Scottish Play Cafe (Mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd be interested in joining. What is the intent of the club?

Internal (GM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rough Turn Plan:
    Jerakai, the Slayer
    Full Action: Hunt the Wailer alongside the Professor and Deathknell
    Full Action: ???

Crow
    Half Action: Trade Lore with the Messenger and Norton
    Half Action: Trade Lore with the Professor
    Half Action: Trade Lore with Vixen???
    Half Action: ???

27. - Top - End - #27

NinjaGuy

To Keepers of Fenrir (Mail 1)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "The objective is for like-minded people to meet, and share information. We could also talk to se if there are other topics were we share interests."

28. - Top - End - #28

Deathknell

Ascent [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That would be no trouble at all. In fact, I think I know just the associate you mean.

Keepers of Fenrir [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Precious little, I'm afraid. I think it attacks with sound - the name is only appropriate, after all - and I know that it's intelligent. I've never seen it myself, though. Perhaps those details are enough for one with your renowned knowledge of such creatures, but I'm not sure what the thing is.

If you're asking me about it, though, I think I have a good idea of what your plans for the creature are. If you're on the hunt, you're in luck. My associate Carver is planning a hunt of his own to take down the Wailer, and another mage - you may be familiar with The Hound, a friend of The Professor - is coming along. With three of us, I'm sure we could handle the beast, whatever it is.

- Daegan the Renewer

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will add my intro here later tonight when I have a bit more time
    Irene’s Enchanters (Email)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello Irene,
    I was hoping as two businesses trying to make a living in this chaotic city that perhaps we could come together and form a sort of a community. A community in which we assist each other in keeping each other ahead of the curve.
    Please let me know if you’re interested,

Tattletale

The Wardens (Email)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,
    I will be blunt here and say why I am contacting you up front, I am curious. You are a very close-knit group, and that makes me curious. Specifically curious about who you are, and if there is a way in which my services could assist you.
    I hope to hear back from you,

Tattletale

Cowled Mage (Message)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greetings,
    I have heard rumors that you are attempting to start up a magical community. I would very much be interested in seeing if there was a way in which I could assist you in this, that is of course if you’re willing to an offer to join your community to me.

Tattletale

Circle Mages (Message)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    I have heard your message, and I would like to say that the responsible use of magic, and a good community are very important topics to me. I would love to have a chance to discuss how we could possibly assist each other in developing such a community.

Tattletale

Technomage (Email)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    The Messenger would like to commend you on the work you have done for the our community, and your determination to combine what most think must be exclusive. We also would like to offer our information services to you.

Tattletale

Shadow Lodge (Message)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    As two separate groups working in the same field we here at the messenger are hoping to establish a good relationship between each other early on, rather than letting us squabble as rivals. We do not ask for a partnership, simply we hope to come to an agreement in which we can both coexist without hindering each other, and perhaps help each other out if the relationship develops further in the future.
    I hope we can work together in this chaotic city,

Tattletale

The Online Inquisitor (Email)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello,
    As we both deal in the spreading of information, we here at the Messenger would like to inquire about a deal, or agreement in which we may trade information with each other. We hope that this deal would let us both discover the truth about the events in this city.

Tattletale

Keepers of Fenrir, and Norton (Message)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We here at the Messenger will gladly accept your meeting.

Tattletale

Scottish Café (Message)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello ,
    I do always love a good book, and I will gladly attend. When does this meeting occur?

Tattletale

The Ascent (Message)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello Neighbor,
    We are always willing to have an exchange of knowledge. Where would you like to discuss further details of this exchange?

Tattletale

Vossler (Phone)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hello my good friend,
    As of currently we do not have anything we are actively going after. But we will admit curiosity about the rumors of things going bump in the night. (Wailer, The Burned, Sewer Dragon, etc.)
    And as always, if you need anything from us please let me know.

-Tattletale

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

Ascent

Leona Blair [Public Meeting (Security 1)]
    Spoiler
    Show

"Of course." He nods. "As I mentioned, your work is precisely the sort of thing I believe scientific endeavour should be directed. To create prosperity and aid people in the struggles of life. As gifted people in various fields discover new principles in how the universe functions, a necessary second step is to convert them into technology and techniques for that end, to be used for the common good. From your reputation you seem to understand this idea, and so I wish to make sure you know that me and mine are willing to help should you run into problems either in your work and development process or due to outside interference. We would also be interested in studying any new finds and helping refine them further, of course."

Goodfellows [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

Indeed. Some people are so quick to always turn into the more destructive aspects of whatever new abilities our knowledge of the world unlocks. The unveiling hasn't changed any of that. But, as always, the real potential lies in constructive purposes, and in creating prosperity.

I admit that I was certainly more of a theoretician, and the efforts of my associates will initially have to go towards damage control in regards to immediate threats. But I will attempt to make time to visit you and give you some help, and as my understanding of the current situation improves and my laboratories start coaxing out useful technology, I will make sure to spread the bounty to you.

In the meantime, if you are threatened by anything, just give me a call.

~The Professor, Ascent

Nexus Runners [Public Meeting 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

She smiles back in a predatory way, before replying. "Well, I figured I would take a walk and come see for myself what you are doing here. After all, I feel a sad majority of the players here tend to skulk about in hiding. It's not quite worth respect, in my opinion. Of course, being needlessly brutish or crass is equally distasteful, but the time for hiding isn't going to last for very long, and I honestly believe we should be prepared to make the right sort of impression from the start.

I approve that you've come to talk with me straight, face to face, at least. Perhaps we can find common ground in this, and other things."

Ascended [Public Meeting 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

She takes a moment to answer, surprised by the hideous visage of the creature. But she knows better than to let it show. "Curiosity. I come from the Professor's circle, sent by the Hound herself. We mean no harm nor disrespect, but as some of those who walk the path of power we wished to know what has become of the Ascended as of late."

Elsa Garrett [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

My friend,

University politics and the accursed influence of ideological agenda has done you, and through that us all, a great disservice. The only correct answer to the recent revelations of the nature of our universe is the one of science, of unlocking these secrets through true understanding, instead of mystic rites and the worship of ignorance.

We should work together, and act to gather others who think alike. This veil of secrecy can't hold forever, and there is much that could go wrong if the wrong sort of interests are first in line to exploit this potential for dogma and destruction.

Timothy Amaryl

Deathknell, Keepers of Fenrir [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems we are all acquainted, and united in our desire to see the Wailer eliminated.

Come to my laboratory at Ptolemy Square to discuss the details of the hunt before we go.

Messenger [Mail 1]
    Spoiler
    Show

If you wish to attend, you are invited to a private evening at my apartment near Ptolemy Square, to discuss matters of mutual interest.
    Last edited by Murska; 2014-12-19 at 07:23 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show