New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

We need to see saitama lose to have some sort of idea of where his limits might be. I dont think he has ever lost. In all honesty though its basically a case of two immovable objects with unstoppable force colliding. It doesnt matter who wins, all of reality is destroyed by the backlash.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

2. - Top - End - #392
    Firbolg in the Playground

As someone who hasn't read the comic: Saitama vs. Superman is currently impossible to settle definitively, because we have yet to see the limits of Saitama's power. Even his greatest victory yet was trivial for him. Until we know just how strong he is when he goes all-out, we won't know how he matches up to Superman. Personally, though, I'm inclined to suspect Superman would still win, because he's meant to be functionally omnipotent. Saitama is strong, but I've never gotten the sense he was meant to be a living god the same way Superman is. And even if he can potentially equal Superman, by Death Battle logic, he still loses (according to Superman vs. Goku, the man who can overcome any limit will always lose to the man who has no limits in the first place).

3. - Top - End - #393
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    I admit I'm probably biased here, as Saitama's status as 'an ordinary man who became great' is a lot more interesting to me than Superman's 'god living amongst men' and I also find Saitama more believable as a hero, even though I can't say exactly why. But I still say it isn't as clear cut as it should be until we get a sense of Saitama's limits (his only weaknesses seem to be HAX regeneration and possibly sharp things [it's not clear on this one]). Also, unlike Superman Saitama does run on any sort of power reserve, so you have to ask 'can Saitama tank all the power Superman can/has store(d)' (maybe, depending on the attack itself and Saitama's exact limits [I'm not certain we've seen him actually hurt yet]).
    I think Saitama's appeal is that he's very ordinary besides his extraordinary strength. He isn't all that smart. He enjoys eating and lazing around. He plays video games, and gets lost. But besides that? He's still incredibly heroic. And not just in a 'beating the bad guys' sense, but overall.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2016-10-04 at 10:42 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Amaril View Post
    As someone who hasn't read the comic ... by Death Battle logic

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I think Saitama's appeal is that he's very ordinary besides his extraordinary strength. He isn't all that smart. He enjoys eating and lazing around. He plays video games, and gets lost. But besides that? He's still incredibly heroic. And not just in a 'beating the bad guys' sense, but overall.
    He has several nice qualities but he barely beat License-less Rider in Young Jump's poll.

The interaction between those two characters tells a very nice story of appreciation from people that matter that subconsciously appeals to people that have become too focused on the negative comments generated from public opinions. Either you wish you could be the guy not bothered by it or picture your self to be the guy trying real hard and getting nowhere but the one that did everything calls you the real hero. Like maybe you never read a comic or have any idea of what you're talking about, but you went through the process of signing in and made a post so you think people should respect you for the good intentions and the effort put into it. One Punch Man has a lot of wish fulfillment in it that appeals to many of it's fans.

And the fight scenes are pretty awesome too.
    Last edited by Mato; 2016-10-06 at 08:08 PM.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post

He has several nice qualities but he barely beat License-less Rider in Young Jump's poll.

The interaction between those two characters tells a very nice story of appreciation from people that matter that subconsciously appeals to people that have become too focused on the negative comments generated from public opinions. Either you wish you could be the guy not bothered by it or picture your self to be the guy trying real hard and getting nowhere but the one that did everything calls you the real hero. Like maybe you never read a comic or have any idea of what you're talking about, but you went through the process of signing in and made a post so you think people should respect you for the good intentions and the effort put into it. One Punch Man has a lot of wish fulfillment in it that appeals to many of it's fans.

And the fight scenes are pretty awesome too.
    Alright the bolded part is about where you lost me. I don't really see what it has to do with what I was talking about.

I was comparing Saitama to Superman, and why I find him more appealing then Superman. Not who my favorite One Punch character is.

I have read the story, and really I'm not sure who I like best. Hero Hunter is pretty cool, but Metal Bat is fantastic. L-Rider does get a special mention for being the low level hero, who knows he's weak, but does the right thing anyways. I wouldn't say Saitama is my favorite character at all, though I do like him.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Banned

Alright the bolded part is about where you lost me.
    You were talking about the appeal of Saitama using his qualities. I spoke of the appeal of Saitama, and his manga in general, using his narrative and story.

I have read the story, and really I'm not sure who I like best. Hero Hunter is pretty cool, but Metal Bat is fantastic. L-Rider does get a special mention for being the low level hero, who knows he's weak, but does the right thing anyways. I wouldn't say Saitama is my favorite character at all, though I do like him.
    Metal Bat had a really nice crowning moment of achievement a few issues back.

The psionic sister recently got an even better one through.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Firbolg in the Playground

Well, I'm not saying Death Battle's logic makes sense I'm just speculating that that's what they'd say, not agreeing with it.

And...no, I haven't read the comics. What, is it wrong to enjoy one form of a work but not care for another? Maybe I shouldn't act qualified to judge the outcome of this conflict, that's fair, I apologize--but I was under the impression that my point still held true for the comic. Has it shown the upper limits of Saitama's power yet? If so, I haven't heard about it.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Banned

What you said about Superman, which is inaccurate, and about not reading the comics and trying to use Death Battle logic really undersold your credibility so I just kind of sighed.

There really isn't much of a point of claiming we haven't seen Saitama's upper limits either. All progressive stories have characters that continually become stronger as the series goes on so until the character permanently dies we never really know their limitation. And not knowing Saitama's power source forces people to calculate Saitama's power as One Punch Man depicts rather than through false equivalence using strawman information which in that regard makes it more accurate than other forms of calculation.

The typical grading rubric is we compare currently known feats against each other and Saitama does not get a special exception against that. Theoretical what-ifs do not matter and I think Superman's almost moonbusting level exceeds Saitama's feats and would grant the win to Superman based on that. But if I may change my mind in a few years with One Punch Man does something more later. Without a time machine, in the here and now, it's not a wrong line of thinking. The idea Saitama should have an exception against being measured is.

9. - Top - End - #399

So they have done the teasers for both parties now and
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont think it looks good for ramona. Yeah she has that +2 hammer against girls, but that little pink hedgehog can keep up with sonic. I dont think ramona is going to be able to swing a hammer at 700+ mph to hit her. Im expecting a bug versus windshield ending for our roller derby lady.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #400
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    So they have done the teasers for both parties now and
    Spoiler
    Show
    I dont think it looks good for ramona. Yeah she has that +2 hammer against girls, but that little pink hedgehog can keep up with sonic. I dont think ramona is going to be able to swing a hammer at 700+ mph to hit her. Im expecting a bug versus windshield ending for our roller derby lady.
    I'm actually feeling the opposite here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ramona's got Subspace on her side, which gives her what is effectively teleportation. Given her history as a courier it's possible (again, I don't know much about the series) that she's covered ground MUCH faster than Amy has.

I'm wondering if we're going to see Ramona actually trap Amy in Subspace by having her run directly into her purse (the rundown has images where Scott is coming OUT of the bag so presumably having her run INTO it is entirely possible) where we'll have a Ryu vs. Scorpion situation, since Ramona will have home-turf advantage.

And then you factor in Amy's inconsistency with her feats (hello there, Sonic Adventure 2 damsel in distress situtation) and Ramona apparently having solid durability and decent strength and I think Ramona likely has this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Banned

I'd cheer for Ramona but someone will probably PM them an out-of-context comic page showing Amy doing some unimaginable feat so they give her the win.

Alternatively, like Traab they can just make some assumptions but more DB styled. Like Amy doesn't just keep up with Sonic, even through Game Theory proved Sonic to be slower than Mario the lyrics to one of the background songs claims Sonic is faster than sound and so that must mean Amy must run at mach fifteen. Half Life 3: Illuminati Edition confirmed!

12. - Top - End - #402

Oh dont stop there, he has another theme song thats even better.

Sonic! He can really move! Sonic! He has an attitude! Sonic! Hes the fastest thing alive!

That means that sonic moves faster than THE FLASH! And if Amy can keep up with sonic at all, that means she can move at far faster than light speeds! QED

13. - Top - End - #403
    Banned

I just don't understand why anyone cares about a battle between these two awful characters at all.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Titan in the Playground

Alternatively, like Traab they can just make some assumptions but more DB styled. Like Amy doesn't just keep up with Sonic, even through Game Theory proved Sonic to be slower than Mario the lyrics to one of the background songs claims Sonic is faster than sound and so that must mean Amy must run at mach fifteen. Half Life 3: Illuminati Edition confirmed!
    Game Theory "proves" things using such sloppy math and reasoning that it makes Death Battle seem rock solid. Between it and the background song I'd go with the background song.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that.
    -- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    Game Theory "proves" things using such sloppy math and reasoning that it makes Death Battle seem rock solid. Between it and the background song I'd go with the background song.
    Think the two of them will team up with Deadliest Warrior? I admit I would find an entire show based around finding ways to "test" the various combatants skills against each other, followed by an animated death battle, finished with a deadliest warrior style "After 5000 fights, these are the percentages" style roundup absolutely hilarious and enjoyable to watch. Considering their last episode was vamps versus zombies I dont think they would object to making the jump to famous cartoon/anime/comic/game characters. And come on, you know you would love watching them come up with ways to test a hammer moving at mach speed on a pig carcass to show what amy would do to ramona. Followed by the "experts" on ramonas side arguing all the reasons why the utter obliteration would never happen due to her agility and whatever.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Think the two of them will team up with Deadliest Warrior? I admit I would find an entire show based around finding ways to "test" the various combatants skills against each other, followed by an animated death battle, finished with a deadliest warrior style "After 5000 fights, these are the percentages" style roundup absolutely hilarious and enjoyable to watch. Considering their last episode was vamps versus zombies I dont think they would object to making the jump to famous cartoon/anime/comic/game characters. And come on, you know you would love watching them come up with ways to test a hammer moving at mach speed on a pig carcass to show what amy would do to ramona. Followed by the "experts" on ramonas side arguing all the reasons why the utter obliteration would never happen due to her agility and whatever.
    The question is, if this did happen would it drag down the credibility of them in the eyes of the people somehow convinced that whichever of the three they like has legitimacy?

Also, I'd watch that.
    I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums.

-- ChubbyRain

Current Design Project: Legacy, a game of masters and apprentices for two players and a GM.

17. - Top - End - #407

Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
    The question is, if this did happen would it drag down the credibility of them in the eyes of the people somehow convinced that whichever of the three they like has legitimacy?

Also, I'd watch that.
    Hey man, deadliest warrior had a ton of credibility with people that had no real knowledge of how weaponry works. I think if we drew up a venn diagram we would see a sizeable overlap of people who would actually find "real life" or possibly "computer simulated" tests of what each character can do, very reassuring as to confirming how accurate the results are.

"Ok, in this scene from the anime, when ichigo and aizen clash, the deflected sword blow obliterates the top half of a mountain. According to death battle calculations, that would require "x" amount of speed and "y" amount of power. So lets type that into our computer simulation to see what would happen if this took place in real life!"

/there is a peaceful mountain, suddenly a faint blur, a flash of light, and we see stock footage of a nuclear blast overlaid on the mountain range as it shatters.

"As you can see, when its not slowed down for dramatic effect, everything happens too fast to view details, but the end result is undeniable. Edge? Ichigo and his zanpakuto. "

18. - Top - End - #408
    Titan in the Playground

Hey man, deadliest warrior had a ton of credibility with people that had no real knowledge of how weaponry works. I think if we drew up a venn diagram we would see a sizeable overlap of people who would actually find "real life" or possibly "computer simulated" tests of what each character can do, very reassuring as to confirming how accurate the results are.
    I am well aware, and that's a large part of the reason I dislike DW as much as I do - DB and GT are sloppy with the number crunching and source verification, but at least they aren't misinforming people about actual military history.

-- ChubbyRain

19. - Top - End - #409
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Amy vs Ramona
    Show

Well, Amy won, I guess it's fair. Can't say I care much, as the last few weeks.

BUT next time might actually be interesting. They're bringing the STRONGEST THERE IS! I wonder who he will be up to. Maybe DC's trademark green hero?
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

20. - Top - End - #410

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Maybe DC's trademark green hero?
    Green Arrow is a little bit weak for that, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

21. - Top - End - #411

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler: Amy vs Ramona
    Show

Well, Amy won, I guess it's fair. Can't say I care much, as the last few weeks.

BUT next time might actually be interesting. They're bringing the STRONGEST THERE IS! I wonder who he will be up to. Maybe DC's trademark green hero?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah I called this one, I knew the speed gap alone would be absurd, but also the cartoon physics gave a strength and durability boost as well. This was basically another flash versus quicksilver fight. Similar characters, wildly different levels. As for the next fight, im curious to see his opponent.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler: Amy vs. Ramona RESULTS
    Show
    Well, they didn't really explain away Ramona's ability to use Subspace to bolster her speed enough for my liking, but aside from that I can't really poke any holes in the outcome. Guess Sonic X had its fair share of absurd "crank this character's ability up to 11" that I didn't know about.

Good looking fight though, though I felt like the ending dragged on a bit too long.

Spoiler: NEXT TIME ON DEATH BATTLE...
    Show
    Now, this is going to be interesting. Hulk's strength is absolutely LUDICROUS, so this is going to be a most interesting fight indeed if they pull up a decent foe.

I know Doomsday and Broly are two of the more requested options so it'll likely be one of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrous View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skim172 View Post
    Incidentally, this is why you never see a group of halflings together. Their collective gravitational force could rip apart fabric of space-time. No halfling can ever spend too much time near another halfling, lest they end the planet as they know it. They live solitary lives, separated from their own mothers from infancy, for the sake of the planet. It is a grave burden they bear...
    There are three halflings at the Godsmoot. Guess how the Gods will destroy the world if Dvalin votes yes.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler: Amy vs. Ramona
    Show
    And that's what happens when you put a speedster with a giant hammer up against someone who's only pretty quick. Superspeed is a very difficult power to counter, and when you're opponent is only slightly slower than Sonic the Hedgehog... you'd better be really fast.

Amy is one of those characters that seems relatively harmless until you go over what can do. She's scary.

Spoiler: Next time on Death Battle...
    Show
    SMASH! HULK STRONGEST THERE IS!

Well now, this means they need to bring in a serious opponent, too. Hurting the Hulk is not impossible, he's way stronger than he's tough. Problem is hurting Hulk makes him mad. Surviving Hulk is where things get tough. I'm going to go with a crazy guess here... You need an opponent who is anger themed, who can take world-shattering punches and deal similar damage back. Which sounds a lot like you need a Saiyan. Broly would be the thematic one, but since Shadow got a return and Goku got a rematch... why not bring back Vegeta?

I mean, who wouldn't want to see Vegeta get punched over the horizon?

24. - Top - End - #414
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    They'll probably just reason that since Hulk once knocked out Superman, and it's impossible for Superman to lose a fight (despite him doing it all the time) that it's even more impossible for Hulk to lose a fight (despite him doing it all the time) and give him a win no matter who he's up against.

That logic made me a little angry to type out, but it's perfectly consistent with their reasoning.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Well yeah, they could bring in Broly. but there is also another character they could use: Asura from Asura's Wrath. that guy is also a pretty powerful rager.

While as for Superman, well in the first Goku and Superman fight, their reasoning why Goku loses wouldn't hold true for someone like Freeza, Cell or Buu- Freeza can explicitly survive planets being blown up and a vacuums, Cell regenerated from a blown up planet from his own self-destruction, and Buu survived planets being destroyed repeatedly. They can all breathe in space, so if it had been Cell or Buu fighting Superman instead, they'd just smile and start attacking him in space, being unstoppable juggernauts who can't get tired and can regenerate really well.

Which would also take care of any stupid brain surgery tricks that Superman did in the second fight- Freeza would die, but Cell and Buu would just mock him for using such a weak attack and keep on attacking. Mostly because against tireless regenerators like them, how powerful you are doesn't matter as much how good your stamina is to keep up with them to keep trying to kill them.

But yeah, Broly or Asura would work.

as for Vegeta.....eh. let him rest. He gets enough defeats just because he isn't Goku in his own series as it is.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ogre in the Playground

Upcoming fight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'd like to see Asura, given how similar they are in terms of power (Barring Asura Chakravartin). Although Hulk might have a slight advantage in strength, given that he has shattered a planet-sized asteroid with a single punch while the best Asura can do is crack open a planet, and can regenerate; Asura has far more skill and experience while his multiple arms allow him to strike much faster, he has a ranged attack, and he's virtually invincible while in his rage state. Logically, Broly would win easily; but seeing as how Death Battle always has DB characters lose unless it's an obvious mismatch I'm sure they'd find some way to make him lose. Does DC have a good counterpart to Hulk? Martian Manhunter works if you want two green characters, and that would make for a decent matchup.
    Spoiler
    Show

Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

Read Sons of the Fallen here

27. - Top - End - #417
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Upcoming Fight
    Show
    What I'd like to see to be honest is:

Broly Vs. Asura Vs. The Hulk

All three of them fighting at once, just a triple battle of the three greatest berserkers of all time. because its too predictable what they will do individually:

The Hulk Vs. Broly:
    They will make the Hulk win on "Hulk defeated Superman" logic just to keep pointing out the "lol durhur, DC Universe is stronger than DBZ universe" meme.

The Hulk Vs. Asura:
    They will hand the victory to Asura to troll Hulk fans because he is the more popular and well known character while Asura is just a random guy from a single videogame that I'm betting less people played than people who've read Hulk comics and movies.

Though, but then again they might copout and go with someone we're not thinking of....I'm gonna check up on potential foes who fit the theme....
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

28. - Top - End - #418

Didnt one minute melee
    Spoiler
    Show
    already do a hulk versus broly fight? Yep.
    So I kinda doubt that will be the setup, but its possible I guess.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Didnt one minute melee
    Spoiler
    Show
    already do a hulk versus broly fight? Yep.
    So I kinda doubt that will be the setup, but its possible I guess.
    Isn't One Minute Melee separate from Screw Attack now anyway? I haven't seen Screw Attack logos or ads or links on OMM for a while ago. I thought that was why Screw Attack started doing the vastly inferior DBX or whatever its called.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah. They're distinct entities these days. And speaking of the Broly vs Hulk OMM fight, I found that one to be rather disappointing. Lots of spectacle, little substance. Not that I'd expect DB to do much better, but I wouldn't be surprised if they saw the Broly vs Hulk fight and decided that they can do one better.