New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 51 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Diablo III:3 Kanai Fix It?

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    That's most builds really - Firewalkers are jank and the vast majority of sets have a boots slot item anyway.
    Firewalkers on a Firebirds set is freakishly powerful due to extra fire damage and because you're always on the move anyway. I've literally run my way through like T6-7ish stuff without using any skills until I hit elites, killing everything in my path just from the damage my blazing path does. It's kinda funny to see mobs dying as they are trying to catch up to me and run through the blazing line of death I leave in my trail.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Firewalkers on a Firebirds set is freakishly powerful due to extra fire damage and because you're always on the move anyway. I've literally run my way through like T6-7ish stuff without using any skills until I hit elites, killing everything in my path just from the damage my blazing path does. It's kinda funny to see mobs dying as they are trying to catch up to me and run through the blazing line of death I leave in my trail.
    Doesn't sound optimal for higher torments or GRs or anything, but it does sound HILARIOUS.
    This signature is no longer incredibly out of date, but it is still irrelevant.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    That's T6 though, you could literally wear yellows alongside your class set and still trounce it. That's not really saying much about power.

Even in the rare cases where you're not giving up a set boot to wear those (e.g. Innas or Tals), there's far better boots for that slot that you're foregoing (e.g. Crudest Boots or Nilfurs respectively.) And if you are giving up a set boot, now you're either forcing yourself into RRoG (and thus giving up at least one other great ring - CoE, F+R, Halo, OROTZ, EW and we haven't even considered Unity) or you're forcing yourself to grab the other 6 pieces in the case of Firebirds, so now you're giving up your orb and I don't even need to go into the tradeoff there.

The blaze effect is fun, don't get me wrong - I had a blazesorc in D2 - but "freakishly powerful" it most certainly isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Since Season 8 starts soon I am a bit anxious. Which class should I start to play.

From the sets I don't know if I should take a Monk again or if I should go for something different since I am intrigued by the Witchdoctor but never played one.
    I already know that I don't like the Crusader.

So, any class that you would recommend for Solo play during Season 8? (I am unsure about Monk, Barbarian or Witchdoctor)
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

5. - Top - End - #455

The gift sets for S8 are:

Barbarian: IK (General set, CotA/WotB)
    Monk: Uliana (EP/SSS set)
    Crusader: Light (Hammerdin set)
    Demon Hunter: Natalya (General Set, Rain)
    Wizard: Vyrs (Archon set)
    Witch Doctor: Arachyr (weird hex/spider set)

IK or Nats are probably your best bet as they need the fewest additional pieces to get going. (e.g. Dawn and OROTZ are great for Nats, but you can simply use a generator until you find them and still easily clear T6/T7 or so.) You can also combine the 6pc bonus for either of those two with the 3 pc from Sage's for early Breath farming, something the other sets can't pull off.

I don't recommend Uliana at all, it is probably the single most "you need exactly these items to be good" build in the game. You need Flow and Madstone in the cube, Lion's Claw and AzT on your fists, Gungdo or SG on your wrists, and Binding on your waist. It's fun to play once you have all the pieces, but farming them is likely to be a headache. Compare to Nats where the only piece you really need is Dawn and everything else (like Crashing Rain and Greenstone's Fan) are just icing on the cake to take you to TX and beyond.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Arachyr is part of the "Angry Chicken God" build.

Vyr is fun but it's terrible in groups since it needs to play at its own pace. It's also really, really gear dependent. Granted, all you need for stuff to really start exploding is the Chantodo's main/offhand. (Also, it's been quite a while since I played on my Vyr wizard, things may have gotten better... or t11-t13 existing may mean things take longer to kill, so Vyr's has time to get its hits in and reset archon in groups)
    Last edited by Icewraith; 2016-10-17 at 01:28 PM.

7. - Top - End - #457

Yep, I know what Arachyr is used for (though to be precise, Manajuma's speed+duration boost and the chain explosions is what really enables Angry Chicken God; Arachyr boosts your damage and survivability while using it but doesn't fundamentally change what Manajuma is doing.)

Vyr is a bit less specific - sure you need Chantodos wand+source (these have a decent drop rate anyway), along with Fazula's belt, and Swami + OROTZ in the cube. But you can then experiment with your cubed weapon, your wrist slot, both rings and your amulet, all of which give you a number of paths to viability.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Yep, I know what Arachyr is used for (though to be precise, Manajuma's speed+duration boost and the chain explosions is what really enables Angry Chicken God; Arachyr boosts your damage and survivability while using it but doesn't fundamentally change what Manajuma is doing.)

Vyr is a bit less specific - sure you need Chantodos wand+source (these have a decent drop rate anyway), along with Fazula's belt, and Swami + OROTZ in the cube. But you can then experiment with your cubed weapon, your wrist slot, both rings and your amulet, all of which give you a number of paths to viability.
    Not really... since Vyr spends so much time in melee it's hard to go with anything other than Halo of Arlyse + Ancient Parthan Defenders, if you can get them to drop. Your other ring slot is taken by the unavoidable CoE, your cubed weapon is Furnace, if you don't have one yet you're probably making do with Fulminator or In-geom if you also don't have an OROTZ yet. The Amulet is the usual Hellfire or elemental immunity (usually Mara's since it negates three different ground effects, several annoying RGs, and wasps) question.

The 2 item set weapons aren't usually that hard to get, I agree, they're class specific and thus pretty easy to cube.

9. - Top - End - #459

Quote Originally Posted by Icewraith View Post
    Not really... since Vyr spends so much time in melee it's hard to go with anything other than Halo of Arlyse + Ancient Parthan Defenders, if you can get them to drop. Your other ring slot is taken by the unavoidable CoE, your cubed weapon is Furnace, if you don't have one yet you're probably making do with Fulminator or In-geom if you also don't have an OROTZ yet. The Amulet is the usual Hellfire or elemental immunity (usually Mara's since it negates three different ground effects, several annoying RGs, and wasps) question.

The 2 item set weapons aren't usually that hard to get, I agree, they're class specific and thus pretty easy to cube.
    Wrists: for pushing, Parthans isn't your only option, Blood Bracer works too. For Speed farming you can also go with a Nemesis. And the build still feels the same with even a Lacuni or something while you wait to get one of those two, you'll just be too squishy for the top end, but it's not like the build itself plays differently.

Rings: Halo + CoE + Hellfire works, but it's not the only option either. Unity + Endless Walk is solid too, and as you yourself mentioned elemental immunity amulets work here too. You could even do RRoG + Aquila for your DR (since Archon has infinite resource), though personally I wouldn't unless I got a really good one.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Wrists: for pushing, Parthans isn't your only option, Blood Bracer works too. For Speed farming you can also go with a Nemesis. And the build still feels the same with even a Lacuni or something while you wait to get one of those two, you'll just be too squishy for the top end, but it's not like the build itself plays differently.

Rings: Halo + CoE + Hellfire works, but it's not the only option either. Unity + Endless Walk is solid too, and as you yourself mentioned elemental immunity amulets work here too. You could even do RRoG + Aquila for your DR (since Archon has infinite resource), though personally I wouldn't unless I got a really good one.
    RRoG + Aquila is a terrible option IMO... you might be able to get around this with an absolute ton of APoC, but otherwise, you'll have so much attack speed after you drop out of Archon that you'll drop below your Aquila threshold in seconds channeling Arcane Torrent. This is especially true when it's just the RG out, which is the time you really need your DR from Aquila to be working. However, APoC is worth exactly zero in Archon.

I was thinking about Endless Walk as an alternative to Hellfire/Maras + Halo and CoE, but first you need more than one Unity to make it work- not guaranteed on a seasonal character. IIRC there's a really sturdy Energy Armor rune you could consider using instead of Frost Armor since Halo is gone- that might help with Halo+Frost Armor's lack of helpfulness when taking the first hit. Endless Walk's always-on damage boost after a couple seconds of being stationary does sound a lot more reliable than CoE's insane damage boost 25% of the time, especially since the maximum level of the boost (100%) isn't variable like CoE's (160-200%) is.

Out of curiosity, what alternatives to the Furnace were you thinking of for the cube weapon slot?

11. - Top - End - #461

RRoG + Aquila is a terrible option IMO... you might be able to get around this with an absolute ton of APoC, but otherwise, you'll have so much attack speed after you drop out of Archon that you'll drop below your Aquila threshold in seconds channeling Arcane Torrent. This is especially true when it's just the RG out, which is the time you really need your DR from Aquila to be working. However, APoC is worth exactly zero in Archon.
    I'd use a Cold Archon build with runed Ray of Frost myself. I agree though, there's a level of stacks that makes this unviable.

I was thinking about Endless Walk as an alternative to Hellfire/Maras + Halo and CoE, but first you need more than one Unity to make it work- not guaranteed on a seasonal character. IIRC there's a really sturdy Energy Armor rune you could consider using instead of Frost Armor since Halo is gone- that might help with Halo+Frost Armor's lack of helpfulness when taking the first hit. Endless Walk's always-on damage boost after a couple seconds of being stationary does sound a lot more reliable than CoE's insane damage boost 25% of the time, especially since the maximum level of the boost (100%) isn't variable like CoE's (160-200%) is.
    For the record, I prefer Halo to Unity (I like being able to switch seamlessly between solo and multi) - but yes, Endless Walk does have the consistency advantage if your CoE rolls poorly.

Out of curiosity, what alternatives to the Furnace were you thinking of for the cube weapon slot?
    The primary alternate (...that sounds weird...) is In-Geom - in addition to making Archon come back up even faster, this also gives you instantaneous teleporting in both forms. More useful for speedfarming than pushing, but still an option either way.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ogre in the Playground

The gift sets for S8 are:

Barbarian: IK (General set, CotA/WotB)
    Monk: Uliana (EP/SSS set)
    Crusader: Light (Hammerdin set)
    Demon Hunter: Natalya (General Set, Rain)
    Wizard: Vyrs (Archon set)
    Witch Doctor: Arachyr (weird hex/spider set)

IK or Nats are probably your best bet as they need the fewest additional pieces to get going. (e.g. Dawn and OROTZ are great for Nats, but you can simply use a generator until you find them and still easily clear T6/T7 or so.) You can also combine the 6pc bonus for either of those two with the 3 pc from Sage's for early Breath farming, something the other sets can't pull off.

I don't recommend Uliana at all, it is probably the single most "you need exactly these items to be good" build in the game. You need Flow and Madstone in the cube, Lion's Claw and AzT on your fists, Gungdo or SG on your wrists, and Binding on your waist. It's fun to play once you have all the pieces, but farming them is likely to be a headache. Compare to Nats where the only piece you really need is Dawn and everything else (like Crashing Rain and Greenstone's Fan) are just icing on the cake to take you to TX and beyond.
    So I should go for Barbarian then. Since Demon Hunter... I just don't like the class. Can't bring myself to level one up. Any recommendations for leveling? Or just go Whirlwind again like last season?

I went with Stomp, Jump, The Cry with the Charge Rune for 50 resource, the one with the Insanity Rune, Sweep on left click, whirlwind on rightclick. Should I go with something different?
    Last edited by Krazzman; 2016-10-18 at 01:01 AM.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

13. - Top - End - #463

DH is fun honestly. And if you like Wastes Whirly barb, you'll enjoy Natalya's strafe-and-spray, they're pretty much the same playstyle except less lag and less death.

You can indeed whirl with IK; my choice however would be a HotA or SS build. Something like this.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh. I tried DH but only until I got Chakram.

About that less death: it's because of mobility, right?

My main goal would be to get the set fast enough to grab the extra stash tab asap (since I don't know how often I will be able to play... new semester and such stuff).

About Whirlwind: I was asking about Leveling. Since I leveled 2 Barbarians that way so far (worked rather well) but never played one at 70. What happens with the Items of a char if I rebirth them? Do they get transferred to mail or stash?
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

15. - Top - End - #465

Quote Originally Posted by Krazzman View Post
    About that less death: it's because of mobility, right?
    That and range. Basically you get the ability to move while attacking like Whirlwind, but you don't have to stay in melee range like the Barbarian does. This gives you a lot more freedom to avoid damaging affixes without dps loss and therefore more effective survivability. For a melee build, many of the affixes are nearly impossible to avoid, forcing you into an immunity amulet at higher GRs which ends up being a dps loss most of the time and jeopardizing your clear. As an example, Voracity (the gluttony guy) spawns fart clouds all over the room including directly under him - many Wastes Barbarians simply give up if he is chosen while they're pushing.

My main goal would be to get the set fast enough to grab the extra stash tab asap (since I don't know how often I will be able to play... new semester and such stuff).
    Deaths Breaths are often the main limiting factor as they are your main route to BiS gear; you need them to upgrade yellow weapons and jewelry, upgrade your gems to FR, and to refill your cube for the extra passives. Failed upgrades also serve as an extra source of Forgotten Souls. The 7-pc sets like Natalya and IK thus have an advantage because they help you farm breaths much more quickly.

The other big limiting factor is locating and upgrading all the legendary gems you'll need.

About Whirlwind: I was asking about Leveling. Since I leveled 2 Barbarians that way so far (worked rather well) but never played one at 70. What happens with the Items of a char if I rebirth them? Do they get transferred to mail or stash?
    Mail, and then you have some amount of time (30 days? 60?) to grab them on your off-season characters. Consider manually stripping the character you plan on rebirthing so you're not worrying about the time limits.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-10-19 at 09:29 AM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

That and range. Basically you get the ability to move while attacking like Whirlwind, but you don't have to stay in melee range like the Barbarian does. This gives you a lot more freedom to avoid damaging affixes without dps loss and therefore more effective survivability. For a melee build, many of the affixes are nearly impossible to avoid, forcing you into an immunity amulet at higher GRs which ends up being a dps loss most of the time and jeopardizing your clear. As an example, Voracity (the gluttony guy) spawns fart clouds all over the room including directly under him - many Wastes Barbarians simply give up if he is chosen while they're pushing.

Deaths Breaths are often the main limiting factor as they are your main route to BiS gear; you need them to upgrade yellow weapons and jewelry, upgrade your gems to FR, and to refill your cube for the extra passives. Failed upgrades also serve as an extra source of Forgotten Souls. The 7-pc sets like Natalya and IK thus have an advantage because they help you farm breaths much more quickly.

The other big limiting factor is locating and upgrading all the legendary gems you'll need.

Mail, and then you have some amount of time (30 days? 60?) to grab them on your off-season characters. Consider manually stripping the character you plan on rebirthing so you're not worrying about the time limits.
    It's 30 days I believe.

With Voracity, if the area around him gets too crowded you just run (or spin) away from him and he'll teleport on top of you after a few seconds, giving you a clear area to fight. Now granted, if you tack another 16 GRs on the guy, maybe he spawns them too fast for this to work.

IK WW barbs probably do have to stay in melee, but Wastes barbs cover the screen in tornadoes. Once I hit GR ~60 solo I started having time issues if I wasn't stringing along a big enough pack of mobs with me all over the rift (granted I was also at the point where I needed specific ancient upgrades to get any more dps out of my gear). GR 68-69 (where I topped out this season, don't remember if I actually hit 70) I regularly had two elite packs on the screen at once. When the mob pack is big enough, it's entirely possible to avoid hazards while still being in melee with something or other. You do still need to dive when Physical CoE pops up, though.

Potion of Chaos I found to be a very handy tool for melee- it moves you in a random direction when you use it, but if you're using your potion you almost certainly don't want to be where you currently are.

I'm not exactly sure where Sage's is actually a good idea. You need a RoRG and mats to craft the set (eliminating the very early post-70 game) and you usually have to drop down a Torment or 2 from whatever you were clearing efficiently to get it into your build once you've got most of your class set together, negating a lot of the benefit of the set.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

I've always referred to the Strafe and Spray build as the Smooth Criminal build. Doubly so if you can get all of your pieces dyed white or arctic.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

18. - Top - End - #468
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not exactly sure where Sage's is actually a good idea. You need a RoRG and mats to craft the set (eliminating the very early post-70 game) and you usually have to drop down a Torment or 2 from whatever you were clearing efficiently to get it into your build once you've got most of your class set together, negating a lot of the benefit of the set.
    I've always gotten enough mats pre-70 to have the full set already crafted ahead of time, so I'm able to use it while I'm still working on the class set. Getting a RoRG is entirely luck-dependent; some seasons I get one while leveling and then another 5-6 after hitting 70, some seasons I never see one at all.
    Delightfully abrasive in more ways than one
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Mango:you sick, twisted bastard <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Gryffon View Post
    I think Krade is protesting the use of the word mad in in the phrase mad scientist as it promotes ambiguity. Are they angry? Are they crazy? Some of both? Not to mention, it also often connotates some degree of evilness. In the future we should be more careful to use proper classification.

Mango is a dastardly irate unhinged scientist, for realz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sartharina View Post
    Evil's awesome because of the art.

19. - Top - End - #469

With Voracity, if the area around him gets too crowded you just run (or spin) away from him and he'll teleport on top of you after a few seconds, giving you a clear area to fight. Now granted, if you tack another 16 GRs on the guy, maybe he spawns them too fast for this to work.
    You can indeed kite him out of a gas-filled room - but at high GRs when the clouds are burning you down in seconds, reacting fast enough to do so from the center of his mass can be tricky. But worse still is that every second you're whirling away from him and not making contact, your DPS is sharply reduced.

Compare to Strafe, which can do the same thing, but while still shooting him the entire time and keeping RoV falling overhead. Nats also has Smoke Screen as a flat-out immunity button + speed boost, and can even be spammed in an emergency.

IK WW barbs probably do have to stay in melee, but Wastes barbs cover the screen in tornadoes.
    These move randomly and don't do as much damage as the WW itself, especially if the boss is outside your BotT radius (which, as we established above, is going to happen more frequently than you think due to the need to kite.) Nats meanwhile can run a cold rune or Thrill passive and have 100% uptime on their gem.

At T7 or lower, you can clear efficiently just with your 6pc - you can even run yellows beside that and still do well. Adding Sage's shouldn't change your clear speed, but will greatly increase your haul. T8 meanwhile is the first tier where you can start getting double breaths, and even then the odds are minuscule.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

You can indeed kite him out of a gas-filled room - but at high GRs when the clouds are burning you down in seconds, reacting fast enough to do so from the center of his mass can be tricky. But worse still is that every second you're whirling away from him and not making contact, your DPS is sharply reduced.

Compare to Strafe, which can do the same thing, but while still shooting him the entire time and keeping RoV falling overhead. Nats also has Smoke Screen as a flat-out immunity button + speed boost, and can even be spammed in an emergency.

These move randomly and don't do as much damage as the WW itself, especially if the boss is outside your BotT radius (which, as we established above, is going to happen more frequently than you think due to the need to kite.) Nats meanwhile can run a cold rune or Thrill passive and have 100% uptime on their gem.

At T7 or lower, you can clear efficiently just with your 6pc - you can even run yellows beside that and still do well. Adding Sage's shouldn't change your clear speed, but will greatly increase your haul. T8 meanwhile is the first tier where you can start getting double breaths, and even then the odds are minuscule.
    Hmm, it looks like if all you care about is breaths, you are probably always better off with Sage's. Sage's+t9 breaks even with T13 on drops, and if you can do t13 at all you can probably do t9 a lot faster with Sage's. If, however, you can comfortably do t11 or t12, you probably appreciate the increased legendary drop chance since at that point you're probably hunting for very specific ancients- which is where the reforge cube recipe starts to come into play.

So if I'm playing a class that gets a 7 piece Hedrig's set, my instinct that clearing the really high torments relatively quickly is probably still overall more valuable than Sage's. However, early game I'm screwing myself out of a considerable amount of DBs if I don't use Sages.

So are people doing group bounties while leveling? How does that compare to normal Rifts?

21. - Top - End - #471

Hmm, it looks like if all you care about is breaths, you are probably always better off with Sage's. Sage's+t9 breaks even with T13 on drops, and if you can do t13 at all you can probably do t9 a lot faster with Sage's. If, however, you can comfortably do t11 or t12, you probably appreciate the increased legendary drop chance since at that point you're probably hunting for very specific ancients- which is where the reforge cube recipe starts to come into play.
    Yes. One caveat though is your build; if you don't have a 6pc that works with Sages, then there's no point to using it. For example, if the Demon Hunter gift is UE, just use that and climb as high as you can, you will very likely outfarm somebody who is slowly collecting Nats pieces to use with his Sage.

So are people doing group bounties while leveling? How does that compare to normal Rifts?
    I'm not sure because I almost never rift while leveling - that may be less efficient, but the variety and endgame-desirable rewards to me offset any loss in leveling speed, if indeed there is any loss. You not only get mats, recipes, and a chance at your RRoG all the way up - you also get a shot at infernal machines, breaths, and tons of gems from the Diabolic chests (for the boss assassination missions.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Yes. One caveat though is your build; if you don't have a 6pc that works with Sages, then there's no point to using it. For example, if the Demon Hunter gift is UE, just use that and climb as high as you can, you will very likely outfarm somebody who is slowly collecting Nats pieces to use with his Sage.

I'm not sure because I almost never rift while leveling - that may be less efficient, but the variety and endgame-desirable rewards to me offset any loss in leveling speed, if indeed there is any loss. You not only get mats, recipes, and a chance at your RRoG all the way up - you also get a shot at infernal machines, breaths, and tons of gems from the Diabolic chests (for the boss assassination missions.)
    I thought breaths and (relevant) gems start dropping either way after 60? That's usually when I do a group bounty or two, get enough mats to at least fill up the cube slots until I find build-relevant stuff. Last I checked the optimal leveling difficulty was Hard. About how many cube mats (the act specific ones) do you usually have when you hit 70?

Also, are you split farming or solo farming bounties when you level? I don't feel like you get enough stuff to do well soloing bounties in a 4 player split run... unless you're on Normal?

23. - Top - End - #473

I thought breaths and (relevant) gems start dropping either way after 60? That's usually when I do a group bounty or two, get enough mats to at least fill up the cube slots until I find build-relevant stuff. Last I checked the optimal leveling difficulty was Hard. About how many cube mats (the act specific ones) do you usually have when you hit 70?
    I level on Master; Hard is a bit too dull. I think Hard is faster if you can rack up big enough killstreak multipliers though.

As for how many mats I have when I hit 70 - I honestly have no idea, does anyone even track that? "More than I'd have if I rifted to level instead and finished with zero" is probably the only count I can give you

Also, are you split farming or solo farming bounties when you level? I don't feel like you get enough stuff to do well soloing bounties in a 4 player split run... unless you're on Normal?
    I like leveling solo. I might give split leveling a try in S8 though, or roll with some friends who are interested in getting back into D3.

Not sure what you mean by "get enough stuff" - the rewards are individual whether you are solo or split-running, the only difference is that split clears are obviously faster (if you can get groups together.)
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

I level on Master; Hard is a bit too dull. I think Hard is faster if you can rack up big enough killstreak multipliers though.

As for how many mats I have when I hit 70 - I honestly have no idea, does anyone even track that? "More than I'd have if I rifted to level instead and finished with zero" is probably the only count I can give you

I like leveling solo. I might give split leveling a try in S8 though, or roll with some friends who are interested in getting back into D3.

Not sure what you mean by "get enough stuff" - the rewards are individual whether you are solo or split-running, the only difference is that split clears are obviously faster (if you can get groups together.)
    Enough good drops to clear efficiently in a 4 person split bounty game and no follower.

As far as the "how many mats" do you have when you hit 70" - that would give me an idea of what the potential upside is to leveling through bounties instead of rifts. I'm not looking for exact numbers, more of a general idea. Do you have ~20 sets of act-specific bounty mats? ~80? ~200? ~5? Enough to make a full Sage's set when you hit 70? Enough to make a full ancient Sage's set when you hit 70?

25. - Top - End - #475

Enough good drops to clear efficiently in a 4 person split bounty game and no follower.

As far as the "how many mats" do you have when you hit 70" - that would give me an idea of what the potential upside is to leveling through bounties instead of rifts. I'm not looking for exact numbers, more of a general idea. Do you have ~20 sets of act-specific bounty mats? ~80? ~200? ~5? Enough to make a full Sage's set when you hit 70? Enough to make a full ancient Sage's set when you hit 70?
    You'll have enough to make several of each Sage piece. They only cost 2 mats each after all (each from a different act.)

I don't mean to imply that rifting is a bad way to level, because it's not. Rather, it's inconsistent (you might get a rift full of hard monsters like Lacuni or Anarchs) that also has poor density, or you might walk into a zombie rfit and start wrecking face. But to me, Rifts can also be pretty dull (all rifts have the same general objective.) I prefer the variety in bounties personally.

Another big difference is that you can't get killstreaks in rifts. You can in bounties, particularly dense areas like Halls of Agony and cursed chest events.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2016-10-20 at 05:07 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Demon Hunter at 31. That should suffice for today... He is really fun after level 20. Until Twin Chakrams? It's a drag...

The Season progression is at 5/9 for the first one and I believe parts of 2 and 3 are also done already, need to bring mystic to level 10 and kill some bosses.
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

27. - Top - End - #477

The Season progression is at 5/9 for the first one and I believe parts of 2 and 3 are also done already, need to bring mystic to level 10 and kill some bosses.
    Wait, what? I thought Season 8 doesn't start for a few more days?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

It supposed to start yesterday. I can't make a seasonal character, though.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ogre in the Playground

21.10.16 at 5pm in europe. It's weird that Dhavaer can't create a seasonal hero though...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

I assume everyone is grinding through rifts now... I will now finish chapter 3 (need to kill 2 guys on master difficulty or higher) and then will hopefully have enough equip to start rifting too.

The Natalyas DH is loads of fun. Whilst leveling the build I got was fun at level 20 but around level 50 it just became really slow...
    Have a nice Day,
    Krazzman