New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Default Re: [PTU, IC] big teej presents: Kanto Plus: Aftermath

Ken:
    Before you walk off, Lucille growls at you to remember that she prefers Lucille over Lucy. Then wishes you 'good luck' in a distracted tone. She looks around and seems to be drifting closer to the as of yet still unoccupied Check-In Window.

Lysandra:
    Spoiler: Lysandra has not chosen to be on screen yet
    Show
    Elliot has become a bit more talkative as the wait has dragged on. "It would seem that most of the aspirants are seeking to team up, as it were." he blows a stray lock of hair out of his face. "I suppose I shouldn't think of you all as aspirants any more, I mean you've all had your applications approved... and if the League Official ever shows up, we'll all be officially sanctioned trainers, free to challenge the league and pursue our own agendas... what do you think? do you plan on recruiting a traveling companion or two?"

he looks around at the assembled, his expression equal parts boredom and disdain, for once it doesn't seem directed towards you.

Tyson, Cassandra, and Ken:

Spoiler: Tyson's Perception
    Show

Lucille is a short girl with a petite frame. Her blonde is cut short and her eyes are green. She favors slim cut jeans and a brown jacket with a fur-trimmed hood. Instead of a backpack, she carries most of her traveling gear in a messenger’s satchel, she travels notably lighter than a typical trainer. She wears black and white stripped sweatbands on her wrists.

she looks at least a year or two younger than every other trainer from Oak's lab.

As the three of you chat, you overhear numerous similar conversations going on around you, a few trainers here and there are insisting on striking out on their own, but most trainers seem to be congregating in groups of 3 or 4... you overhear snippets of conversation that indicate that most of them want to stay grouped up for safety, or at least companionship on the road. Judging by the more anxious amongst the crowd, the number of trainer fatalities don't actually decrease after pewter city, they just get more spread out.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Chills start to creep up Cassandra's spine as she overhears the other trainers talking around them. After the Spearow flock attacking her on the way to Viridian, and now hearing that the road before them is still exceptionally dangerous, she's thrilled to have someone else offering to travel with them.

"We'd be happy to have you Ken," she says, bowing to him. "I'm from just outside Lavender Town. I think I actually passed by Cinnibar on my boat ride to Pallet City. It was beautiful, if I'm remembering the right place." She blushes a little. "I'm still a bit clueless when it comes to the outside."

3. - Top - End - #183
    Bugbear in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As Ken overhears the various conversations, he realizes why there would always be some extra trainers that stayed the night close to his parents' camp during fossil hunts. Makes sense now that I think about it, course I should have realized sooner. When Cassandra tells him he can come along he stops petting Raum and about jumps straight up managing to keep the thought ALRIGHT! NEW FRIENDS! mostly in his head. Of course he still wants to make sure both are good with him tagging along before letting the thought out.

"Lavender Town? That's where the, uh..... Dang what was it?"

Gen. Edu Roll for Lavender Town: 11

"It's on the tip of my tongue. But yeah Cinnabar was the one with the giant volcano. It's awesome!" He bows as well thinking about it. "You'll figure out most everything in no time, we could probably find a decent survival guide or map somewhere if need be!" Ken gives a thumbs up. He then turns around to see if the official has returned to the window. "Guess when the official comes back I'll have to go check in with Lucy since mandatory partners have to check in together like Prof. Oak said to. They've been gone a while now, would have thought they'd be back by now." He turns back to Cassandra and Tyson. "I'd introduce you both to my other Pokemon but I'm not sure if I can actually let them out while inside."

Perception Roll: 7

OOC: Will link the rolls when it lets me start, sorry!

4. - Top - End - #184

NinjaGuy

"Never been to Cinnabar but I remember passing it on the trip to Pallet from Fuchsia too. Maybe we were on the same boat Cass?" He looks to Ken after Cassandra accepts his request to join to the party. "A new friend on a new adventure. Sounds good to me."

Even after overhearing the talk about safety and trainer fatalities Tyson's disposition doesn't seem to change, but his attention has shifted from the current conversation to the check-in window and reception desk of the Pokemon center.

"I'll be back in a second." Tyson says to Ken and Cassandra.

The boy leaves his two companions to chat and nonchalantly moves to the front of the line formed at the reception desk interposing himself between the trainer at the front and the nurse on the other side.

Stealth roll: 16 (Spent 1 AP Boost, Pretty bad roll)

http://orokos.com/roll/471930

"Hey, sorry to interrupt, but do you know how long it's gonna take for Oak's assistants to arrive for Check-in?"

After the nurse's response he'll walk away casually, eventually finding himself standing next to Lucille. He'll give her a sidelong glance before speaking.

"So... How'd your trip from Pallet go? Lucille right?"

Kasumi looks curiously at the shorter trainer and blows a bubble, letting it pop in valley girl fashion.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-03 at 08:29 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Ken:
    Spoiler: Gen Edu.
    Show

having paid the slightest bit of attention to the world. you know, in relative terms, where Lavender Town is, as well as it being the location of Pokemon Tower, the traditional final resting place for fallen pokemon.

Tyson:
    Spoiler: cutting in line/talking to Lucille
    Show

more than one of the people in line takes issue with your jumping in line, the twins frown when you arrive at the desk ahead of everyone, but glance at each other when you ask your question. One of them gestures you off to the side while the other continues helping people in line. "We're really not sure." she says to you. "They were scheduled to open up like half an hour ago... hopefully he's just running behind." she shrugs and moves back to the line of trainers waiting to have their pokemon healed.

one trainer in line is glaring at you as you walk back past the line. He's an oversized brute in leathers with a fur-trimmed vest and a shiny shaved head. he sticks his hand out in front of you and takes a half step in line. "You got alotta nerve jumpin' front of us boy." he growls at you.

after navigating that particular interaction....

Lucille looks you up and down when you speak to her, her eyes hover for a few moments on the Fuschia markings on your clothes.

"It went okay, slower than I'd expected, much slower than I'd planned... I thought I could make it here in two days." she looks past you at Ken and Cassandra. "I was wrong." she looks back at you. "So.... are you from Fuschia, or just a fan of Koga's work?"

Ken and Cassandra:
    Spoiler
    Show

Tyson disappears in the crowd, but a slight grumbling by the reception desk helps you find him, it looks like he's made some new friends, one of them in particular is a large brute with a shiny head and a fur-trimmed jacket.

6. - Top - End - #186

AssassinGuy

"ALRIGHT! See Zippo plus 2-" Ken stops and counts the Pokémon as well, "make that at least 6 friends!" Zippo starts to chitter in what seems to be excitement. "Oh yeah Lavender town, the Pokémon Tower! How did I almost forget that?"

When Tyson walks away Ken will return to petting Raum. "Really hoping the Professor's assistant is alright. Should we call the Professor and see where the aide was coming from?" Ken pats Zippo's head and attempts to get him acclimated to everyone.
    "Zippo's a little bashful." He laughs as he remembers introducing him to his parents. "I actually got him as an egg from Blaine about three years ago on my fifteenth birthday. When did you meet Raum?"

As the commotion from Tyson's adventure in line cutting reaches Ken and Cassandra, Ken turns to see what happened. "Looks like he made a new friend just now!" He laughs.

7. - Top - End - #187

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    One trainer in line is glaring at you as you walk back past the line. He's an oversized brute in leathers with a fur-trimmed vest and a shiny shaved head. he sticks his hand out in front of you and takes a half step in line. "You got alotta nerve jumpin' front of us boy." he growls at you.

Lucille looks you up and down when you speak to her, her eyes hover for a few moments on the Fuschia markings on your clothes.

"It went okay, slower than I'd expected, much slower than I'd planned... I thought I could make it here in two days." she looks past you at Ken and Cassandra. "I was wrong." she looks back at you. "So.... are you from Fuschia, or just a fan of Koga's work?"
    Tyson sidesteps the roughneck's outstretched hand and reaches out his own hand to shake it. "Oh... sorry about that." He looses a short laugh. "Guess I should explain huh? I'm not exactly supposed to tell any of you this but..." Tyson takes a half step closer and pretends to look around the room for something or someone. "I'm actually one of 7 trainers sent by the gym leaders of the Kanto League each year to ensure the safety of this years challengers and that the challenge itself runs smoothly. We try not to draw too much attention to ourselves during our work and in order to do that we take on the challenge alongside you all as "greenhorn" trainers; with new partners of course." He tilts his head towards Kasumi.

"I'm from Fuchsia, sent by Koga himself if you didn't already guess. And the guy standing there with the Cyndaquil..." He points to Ken, "He's from Cinnabar. I have no idea who Pallet's gym leader sent, if he even sent anyone, but there are more of us here and I shouldn't say much more than I already have; the best place to hide is in plain sight afterall. Also, the nurse told me that Oak's aide was supposed to be here over half an hour ago..." Tyson feigns a sigh. "Which means someone has to go find them now."

"Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a researcher to find. Oh and you might wanna take a few steps forward." He thumbs toward the front desk (to which I assume the line has advanced). "Wouldn't wanna lose your spot in line after all right?" He smirks.

The ninja boy begins to walk away as if nothing had happened. "Nice vest by the way. Wanted to get one for myself after visiting Cycling Road." he says over his shoulder.

Guile Roll: 16 (Spent 1 AP to boost. I'm spending points left and right today)

http://orokos.com/roll/472084

"Two days seems ambitious after making the trip myself. Looks like mostly everyone made it here in about three anyway." He scans the crowd looking for any indication that Oak's aide has arrived. "Regardless we're all stuck here waiting now."

"And what gave you that idea? Couldn't be the Soul Badge on my back right?" he laughs to himself. "Yeah, I'm Fuchsia born and raised. Even got the opportunity to study under Koga himself before leaving on my journey. You?"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-04 at 03:00 PM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Tyson:

The Roughneck:

"Now you listen here you lil..." the cueball trails off as your explanation becomes more elaborate and detailed. When you point out Ken, he becomes unsure of himself. "oh... well then." his shiny pate is sweating. "yeah, have uh, have a good one."

it is worth noting that Cueball there is not one of your fellow newbie trainers.

Her eyes narrow and she looks past you at Ken again. "I could've done it in two by myself." She says darkly. at the mention of being stuck here, she purses her lips and becomes more pensive. "You might have a point, I wonder if they had anyone here yesterday." she glances over at you when you mention you trained with Koga, a smile playing around her lips.

"I'm from Saffron originally, I'm looking forward to getting back home and kicking Sabrina's butt. She's gotten soft, she's been soft." She clears her throat, and continues in a more excited tone. "you trained with Koga? what's he like? I heard he lost some of his best pokemon keeping Fuchsia safe, has he replaced them? do you know if he still only wants to use poison types? what kinda stuff did your training cover?" she looks you up and down again, that smile still tugging at her lips.

Spoiler: Tyson Freebies
    Show

You know that Koga, did in fact lose a few pokemon keeping Team Rocket out of Fuchsia, specifically, his Venomoth and Crobat, he also lost a Toxicroak. You are not privy to his personal training, he still uses mostly the same pre-war team for gym battles, depending on the challenger's capabilities, a Koffing, a Grimer, and a handful of others, or their evolved forms if necessary.
    Spoiler: Only Open with successful Perception: 18
    Show

Her pupils have dilated

also, perception check or not, have a Trainer XP for the sheer audacity and inventiveness of your lie to the cueball

9. - Top - End - #189
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lysandra lazily checks the time. In the end, the numbers didn't matter. The aide was late. She half listens to Elliot prattle, half telling herself that it couldn't hurt to make new acquaintances. Half telling herself that company was a bother.

She couldn't help but feel out of place, here amongst all these younger trainers. She had never really considered her age much before, too busy dealing with more important things.

Now there wasn't enough to do.

"Yeah, sure, maybe," she answered Elliot. It wasn't a real answer, she couldn't even remember what he asked, but it sounded mild and broad enough to probably suffice.

Matted, bristly fur rubbed against her ankles like cheap cashmere. Her Poochyena, Teeth stuck to her leg like wool on velcro. Several smaller, less predatory inclined Pokemon looked at him warily. And he looked back in just as much terror, half the time scampering behind her feet when he thought there something jumping at the shadows, regardless of whether or not there were. He looked tough, as his species both demanded and dictated, but was as shy wild Wimpod.

"Hey now, nothing'll get'cha boy," Lys mumbled distractedly, letting the tips of her Lurantis scythe pink nails tickle Teeth's ears. It'd long become habit by now to reach over and comfort the pooch in set intervals, and the trek through Route 1 did neither of them no favors in that regard.

Her mind wandering further, she plucked a Pokeball from her belt and turned it this way and that under the sunlight. It was unremarkable and she'd seen a dime a dozen, but it was the first in years since she'd bothered with one. Afterall, Teeth had always stayed home whenever she was out and about. For a moment, she considered letting the fresh caught creature inside out. But then saw Elliot continue to mumble almost autistically to himself about the growing bestiary in his brain. And instead decided against it.

"Wonder when that aide or whatever will show," she sighed, tossing her head half of Venoshock purple braids and half Clawitzer cannon blue mane.

A few people gave her looks: some curious, most disdainful.

Maybe it was time to drop the look...

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

Almost as if summoned by some unknowable mysterious power, a rather harried looking fellow with short-cropped hair, thick glasses, a bulging folder and a clipboard materializes in the window. He waves frantically at the pink-haired twins at the main reception desk. Eventually he catches one of their eyes and she presses a button behind the counter and picks up a mic. There's an electronic chime that cuts across the general hubbub of conversation and then a slightly distorted voice from the PA.

"Attention Please, will all trainers from Pallet City please proceed to the registration window to the right of the reception desk. Again, if you are a new trainer from Pallet City, please proceed to the registration window to the right of the reception desk, the League official is ready to see you."

the crowd sifts and undulates, approximately three-quarters of the trainers in the building start moving towards the registration window, the remaining quarter either remains where they're loitering or moves out of the way to avoid getting caught up in the newbie press.

Tyson:
    "Well, that's our cue, hope to see you soon ninja boy." Lucille finally treats you with that smile she's been clamping down on and rushes over to Ken. "Hey, Ken, hurry up, I don't want to be stuck waiting in line for the next three hours!" She grabs him by the sleeve and starts dragging him through the crowd towards the registry window.

Ken:
    Your chat with Cassandra about puppy-type pokemon and Lavender town is interrupted by the chime, and then by someone shouting at you... ---stuck in line for the next three hours!" Lucille says rather too loudly as she grabs you by the arm and starts pulling you bodily towards the registry window.

Cassandra:
    The Chime goes off and the crowd starts moving towards the registry, Raum takes the opportunity to sniff around all the unfamiliar shoes, Tyson is somewhere in the press, be careful not to lose Raum in the forest of legs.

Lysandra:
    Elliot pushes up his glasses with a finger when the chime goes off "Showtime, as your people would say." He gestures for you to follow him to the registry window. His eyes are more focused on the crowd than you. "I believe it's time for some impromptu networking if you wish to travel with a group from this point forward." He observes. There's a girl in yellow shouting and hauling a boy dressed in Cinnabar clothing through the crowd. She seems.... over eager?

11. - Top - End - #191

AssassinGuy

"Okay okay I was coming that way anyway. Stop screaming please?!" Ken wrestles his arm out of Lucille's grip. "Geez Lucille you act like the entire thing is my fault. What did I even do to you? Aside from calling you Lucy after you chided me for my dream." A serious look passes over Ken's face as he keeps a hold on Zippo. Lucille's sudden pulling almost knocked the little Cyndaquil off his shoulder.

Ken speaks loud enough for Cassandra and Tyson to here him, "Guess we don't have to go find him after all huh guys?!"

As he and Lucille approach the window and check in that they have indeed made it to Viridian City together and in one piece, Ken begins to wonder on what could have kept the assistant. "Hey! Are you alright sir?" he questions the harried man.

After checking in, Ken turns to Lucille. "Well there ya go, catch you later Lucille!" He then waits for Tyson and Cassandra to finish their check-in, holding Zippo in his left arm so that the tiny Cyndaquil doesn't get lost.
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-04 at 08:32 PM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Teeth pants happily at the sight of so many people he could play fetch with. Then immediately cowed at realizing that there were enough to drown him in rubber balls if they all threw one at the same time. He whimpers and runs back behind Lys' ankles again.

"Look. If you're saying you're ditching me, then just say it."

She reaches over to pick up Teeth in one arm. He snuffles anxiously.

"Won't hurt my feelings."

Regardless, she keeps around Elliot. At least until this was all done with. And then they can find some other folk to team up with, or something like that.

It'll be fine, she tells herself. Just think of it like finding a drummer. Or a bassist. Some folks who like to do what she can't but also needs. People who can be cool to be around.

Maybe kick her out in the end.

"No point thinking like that Lys," she growls to herself through her teeth.

A kid carefully increases the distance between himself and her.

Oh right, she remembers. That isn't "appropriate" anymore.

Teeth wags his tail and leaves a large, slobbery lick over her face.

13. - Top - End - #193

NinjaGuy

Perception: 9 (Spent 1 AP to boost, no dice!)

http://orokos.com/roll/472165

Tyson raises an eyebrow at Lucille after processing her barrage of questions. Someone's curious...

"Slow down Suicune, one question at a time! It's not like we're in any rush..." he says in jest.

Just as he opens his mouth to answer the sound of the electronic chime followed by the voice of one of the nurses rings throughout the lobby.

"Or maybe we are?" His eyes dart from the front desk to the check-in window then back to Lucille.

Quote Originally Posted by big teej View Post
    "Well, that's our cue, hope to see you soon ninja boy." Lucille finally treats you with that smile she's been clamping down on and rushes over to Ken. "Hey, Ken, hurry up, I don't want to be stuck waiting in line for the next three hours!" She grabs him by the sleeve and starts dragging him through the crowd towards the registry window.
    "Yeah, see you around." He follows up with his usual mock salute watching as the smaller trainer drags Ken through the crowd.

She's definitely, uh... spirited? Yeah, that's it.

Tyson returns Pidove to it's pokeball and quickly pockets it. He picks up Kasumi with a single hand and places her atop his head so that she rests on his hat. "We should probably get going too, don't wanna keep Cass waiting."

Tyson attempts to make his way to Cassandra wading through the crowd as quickly as possible. Once he reaches Cassandra he'll incline his head as to bow and gesture toward the check-in window. "After you... and you of course." he smiles at the oracle and her devil-dog.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-04 at 10:29 PM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Cassandra waves at Ken again as he's dragged away by Lucille. "Bye Ken! Meet up with us outside, okay?"

She notices that Raum begins to wander away and scoops him up in her arms before he can get too far. "Stay close you silly dog. Don't want you getting lost." She'll put him back at her feet as Tyson appears in a hole in the crowd. She'll follow him to the check-in window, sticking close so they don't get separated, and keeping an eye on Raum. If the crowd gets too crazy for the Houndour to follow, she'll pick him up again.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Party:

"Please, please people, don't push, form an orderly mob line and I'll get with you just as soon as I can." The harried flunky cries out to the gathering crowd.

pair by pair, trainers make it to the flunky, who has a machine that looks almost like an old fashioned cash-register, it's got two large slots in it.

"Names please?"

the pair of trainers in front of him are a woman with a robust figure wearing a heavy, ground length skirt with dark purple hair and a boy about the same age that's wearing dark glasses even though he's indoors and what looks... suspiciously like a military uniform - though bereft of any insignia or rank pins.

"Morrigan Mullach" the woman identifies herself.

"Irvine Holbach" the boy offers.

The flunky scans his clipboard "Uhm... oh yes, here you are. go ahead and slip your pokedexes in the slots there, doesn't matter which." he opens his folder and pulls out a document seemingly at random and stamps it in four places before replacing it.

"you're all set! go get em!" he says.

and so the process is repeated with each other surviving set of trainers, it looks like everyone from your orientation made it, but your cohort only seems to make up about a quarter of all the applicant trainers.

eventually your turn comes and goes, you've been approved and are free to begin your pokemon journey in earnest!

Lysandra:

hearing the bitterness in your voice, Elliot turns to you with a mildly surprised expression. He shrugs, "It is not so much that I desire to be rid of you, as much as people tend to desire to spend as little time as possible in my company."

After Check-In/Once outside....

Party:

most of the trainers from inside seem to have grouped up and moved out before you were finished, the remaining score of them are standing around in ones, pairs, trios, and quartets. The groups seem to either be planning, or watching the doors of the pokemon center, perhaps waiting for other trainers to join them. Most of the solitary trainers are fidgeting nervously, watching the forming groups around them with growing concern. A small few are relaxed, either taking way too much of a lollygag to eyeball the competition, or the rest of their group is still inside.

Spoiler: Notable Trainers, Perception 7 to open
    Show

Off to one side of the Pokemon Center's plaza, a trio of trainers are ... energetically discussing their planned route. Even more than the volume of their discussion, their clashing attire draws you to them. One is dressed in a graphite grey jeans and a black leather jacket with a few hundred extraneous zippers, buckles, spikes, grommets, and studs. Her hair is oiled up into a chess-board dyed mohawk that stands up at least a foot off of her otherwise shaved head. The other girl is a little bit shorter than the punkette, her black hair is up in a artfully messy bun and held together with what look like steel spikes. she's a bit more sensibly dressed for the road in jeans, hiking boots, and a purple hoody. Rounding out the trio is a fair skinned, red headed boy in bright red pants and coat with a black shirt underneath, he's wearing a red and white pokemon league hat. An albino vulpix is nuzzling against the boy's leg.

Spoiler: Notable trainers, Perception 13 to open
    Show

Shouting from the far end of the plaza draws your attention to Lucille (you recognize the coat) and two other trainers disappearing into the city, she appears to be dragging them by their collars. the two boys are wearing identical clothing
    Spoiler: Poke edu 15, or gen edu 13
    Show

the get-ups the boys are in are the uniform of the Hite Pokemon Academy, one of the most prestigious academy's in the region, if not the world. It's location is top secret so criminal orginizations (and trainers who can't hack it there) can't find it.

Spoiler: Notable Trainers, perception 15 to open
    Show

The two trainers that "weren't" on Prof. Oak's list, Irvine and Morrigan haven't teamed up with anybody, but they're standing apart from the other trainers, looking around as if they're expecting someone... at length, a big man in a maroon long-coat and a high peaked cap stalks out from behind the pokemon center and approaches them. they talk for several minutes and then they turn and leave, heading past the pokemon center...

a heavily muscled boy in a martial arts gi, one of the singles, turns and follows them.

You are currently outside the pokemon center... Ken is waiting outside, one of the nervous singles... Cassandra and Tyson will emerge on their next post, Lyssandra is currently outside with Elliot, who has not (yet) ditched her, although she could ditch him on her next post if she wished.

....What do you do?

Spoiler: Options are optional
    Show

Party dynamics aside... attractions/things to do in Viridian city include....
    check out the local gym*
    wander around town looking for stray/wild pokemon
    wander South or East of town looking for wild pokemon
    head north to Viridian forest
    go shopping

The party is NOT limited to these items, they may pursue (almost) any course of action they wish.
    *roll Gen Edu TN 7

16. - Top - End - #196

AssassinGuy

Standing outside the center, Ken puts Zippo back on his shoulders and takes a basic poke ball off his belt. "Guess we should wait until the others come out to let Aria or Needle stretch their wings or legs huh?" He pats the Cyndaquil on the head again and gives him another piece of Pokemon food. "What do you think we did to Lucy?"

Zippo holds his piece of food and nibbles at it, chittering a bit as Ken talks to him. He sets his pack down, cross-body straps are nice and keep the bags close but they can get a little uncomfortable after a while. I wonder what Pokemon might be around the city. Ken's mind races with the possibilities while he waits anxiously for his new found friends. While he was used to being surrounded by people he didn't know, this time it felt different. Who knows maybe because he was in a new place full of unknowns. That didn't stop him from enjoying the sun and time free of Lucy though. "Hey at least there won't be much fuss over not moving fast enough or over needing to stop for the night right buddy?" Ken chuckles and Zippo lets out a happy peep.

"We should probably take note of some of the trainers though. Could come in handy if we run into them on the road." Ken takes a look around at the other trainers. "Wonder what else there is here." Ken's voice trails off as he takes a seat.

Spoiler: Perception and Gen Edu rolls
    Show
    Perception Roll for Notable Trainers: 9 http://orokos.com/roll/472283

Gen Edu Roll: 7 http://orokos.com/roll/472284

Ken will also take out his Pokedex to register the one trainer's Vulpix. "I've never seen one quite like that."
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-05 at 01:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Once the aide scans her pokedex, Cassandra says to Tyson, "I'll wait for you outside, okay?"

The press of the crowd is almost too much for her after being out in the wilderness for a couple of days and being raised in a secluded temple. A headache was starting to form over her right eye. People were so loud!

Once she's outside the center she pulls her canteen out of her bag and takes large swig, then offer some to Raum. He loudly laps it up as she pours it for him.

As she re-stoppers her canteen, she sees Ken talking to his Cyndaquil. "I was worried about you Ken," she says with a teasing grin, walking over to him. "I thought Lucille was gonna drag you away off to Pewter."

Perception: 14
    Gen. Education: 7

18. - Top - End - #198

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Once the aide scans her pokedex, Cassandra says to Tyson, "I'll wait for you outside, okay?"
    "Got it, I'll be there in a sec'." Tyson replies as he inserts his Pokedex into the slot to be scanned.

After a minute or so the audible sound of a bubble popping can be heard as Tyson emerges. He walks at a leisurely pace, fingers interlaced behind his head. His eyes move across the crowd of trainers that have gathered in the plaza, looking for any that stand out from the others.

Spoiler: Perception and Gen Edu.
    Show

"You look like you're enjoying yourself?" he says with a grin to Ken after he joins the group. He looks from one trainer to the other, genuine curiosity filling his eyes, "So... What now? We can officially start our league challenge! I was thinking we could take a grand tour of Viridian while we're here; See everything there is to see ya know?"
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-05 at 05:29 PM.

19. - Top - End - #199

AssassinGuy

As the two approach Ken, he and Zippo both turn to face them. Throwing their arms upwards in the air almost with exaggeration, "You came back!" He starts to laugh as they get Cassandra and Tyson get closer.

"I thought she was was going to take my arm with her, she has a mean grip." Ken starts to massage his shoulder. "Yep we've just been taking in the fresh air, catching a break to get some food in Zippo and enjoying not running!" A toothy grin follows the statement. "Speaking of, did you see that Albino Vulpix over there? Never seen one like it."

Ken stands back up and slings his pack back on. Then he picks up Zippo and places him back on his perch of the right shoulder. "A grand tour sounds awesome! Get to know the lay of the land and where we're going. What kinda Pokémon you think love around here?"

Ken then turns to Tyson. "So, what exactly did you tell that guy in the vest to make him leave you alone?"

20. - Top - End - #200
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Lysandra raises an eyebrow.

"You know," her voice notably softer, "Maybe it's not cause folks don't want to be around you. Maybe they think you don't want to be around them. Self-fulfilling prophecy, y'know?"

All the while, Teeth comically starts chewing on a snoutful of some of her braids. It was a bad habit, and she should really be stricter about these things. But she let him anyways.

Spoiler: Taking a gander at the local view (perception)
    Show
    8 orokos.com/roll/472530

As she spoke, Lys couldn't help but notice Miss Monochrome Mohawk. Strange would probably be one of the first words the typical person would call the human spectacle, but Lys ran her teeth against the piercing on her bottom lip and couldn't help but feel a little less out of place. Or at least, she wasn't the only multicolored sore thumb trouncing around here.

Spoiler: I knows eights (gen ed)
    Show
    8 orokos.com/roll/472531
    Last edited by Falconette; 2017-01-05 at 06:12 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by PK-Leon View Post
    "So... What now? We can officially start our league challenge! I was thinking we could take a grand tour of Viridian while we're here; See everything there is to see ya know?"
    Cassandra's eyes light up. There were so many new things to see and do here; she was glad someone else wanted to walk around the city too. "I would really like that. And we need to buy rations so we can make it through Viridian Forest anyway."

She slings her pack off to check on the egg, making sure that its still nestled and secure in its nest of blankets after being jostled by so many people in the Pokemon Center. Satisfied that it's okay, she closes the canvas top again, then releases Hat.

The bulbous blue bird chirps a greeting everyone present, then alights on Cassandra's head.

"I'm ready when you guys are," she says, petting the Swablu's fluffy wings.

Pokemon Edu to figure out what we could find in the city:13

22. - Top - End - #202

AssassinGuy

"Hey a Pokemon hat!" Ken chuckles as the blue bird lands on Cassandra's head. He scans the bird with his Pokedex while he still has it out. "Interesting Pokemon all around this group. Getting some more supplies wouldn't be a bad idea. Gotta be prepared!"

Thinking about how much he decided to place in his pack, Ken voices his though without thinking about it. "Actually that should probably be our last stop, that way we don't have to lug everything from the beginning."

Ken adjusts his gloves slightly. "Which way first?"

Spoiler: Pokemon Edu: What lives here?
    Show
    Last edited by Roguewolf; 2017-01-06 at 12:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Lysandra:

the barest hint of a smile flickers across Elliot's face. "Your postulate could have merit." He concedes, "But. I' have known E.R. Racine longer than you have, so I think there might be a bit more to it."

He looks around at the gathered trainers, then at you. "well, I am going to go requisition more supplies and then head north, are you coming, or are you going to pursue a different course of action?"

Ken and Cassandra:
    Spoiler: Poke-edu Result
    Show

Several kinds of pokemon have readily adapted to living in the artificial urban environments created by humans. Many common flying and field type pokemon can be found, pidgey, spearow, pidove, ratatta, that sort of thing. Fighting Types and Ghosts seem almost drawn to urban environments, as well as Electric types, due to the abundance of electricity to feed off. (Tynamo and elekid infestations are occasionally highly problematic and dangerous)

when you also factor in strays and abandoned pokemon, there's no telling exactly what you could run into in the city.

24. - Top - End - #204

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Roguewolf View Post
    "I thought she was was going to take my arm with her, she has a mean grip." Ken starts to massage his shoulder. "Yep we've just been taking in the fresh air, catching a break to get some food in Zippo and enjoying not running!" A toothy grin follows the statement. "Speaking of, did you see that Albino Vulpix over there? Never seen one like it."

Ken stands back up and slings his pack back on. Then he picks up Zippo and places him back on his perch of the right shoulder. "A grand tour sounds awesome! Get to know the lay of the land and where we're going. What kinda Pokémon you think live around here?"

Ken then turns to Tyson. "So, what exactly did you tell that guy in the vest to make him leave you alone?"
    Tyson rubs the back of his head, "Can't say I've ever seen anything like it either..." There's a brief pause before a playful grin forms on his face.

"Kasumi take five 'kay?" He rubs the tiny frog on the head before he returns the Froakie to it's pokeball and releases his Zorua. He takes a knee and scratches the fox behind the ear. "Hey little guy, wanna play?" leaning in closer he points to the white Vulpix and continues in a whisper, "Can you make yourself look like that pokemon over there? If you need to get a closer look go over there and then come back to me when you're done. Got it?" He pets Zorua on the head, waits and watches.

"Looks like I'm not the only one who wanted to see all Viridian has to offer! No idea what Pokemon are native to Viridian but would you guys mind if we stopped by Viridian Gym while we're here? Or what's left of it at least..."

At the mention of the Roughneck, the ninja boy laughs. "Oh that guy? I told him that you and I were two of seven trainers sent by the Pokemon League to watch over the trainers participating in this years league challenge. Oh! And that I liked his vest. Hope you don't mind roping you into that without you knowing?" He looks to Cassandra, "I even thought about saying that you were from Celadon but I thought that'd be pushing my luck. Either way it was enough to convince him to let me go." he says as he shrugs his shoulders.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Tyson:

Your as of yet Unnamed Zorua looks at the vulpix. it turns its head to the side and narrows its eyes, sizing up the pokemon and it's trainers. The fox scampers a few steps out from your group, and then sprints across the plaza before circling back around behind the group. The trainers are still engrossed in their argument about where to go first. The Vulpix is sitting next to its trainer, leaning against his leg, looking up at the ruckus. Your Zorua creeps closer.... closer.... closer.... closer...... stops!

it stares intently at the vulpix for several heartbeats and then runs across the plaza into a decorative planter, the bushes rustle for a moment, and an albino vulpix with a vicious expression emerges and trots over to you.

26. - Top - End - #206

AssassinGuy

As the tiny fox Pokemon comes out, Ken once more scans it. When a second albino Vulpix comes back to the party, Ken has to voice his thoughts. "Ok as much as I love Fire types, I think I may want to find one of those."

As Tyson tells Ken about the Roughneck, Ken can't help but bust out laughing, causing echoes across the plaza. Zippo has to hop back onto the bench because Ken doubles over holding his sides. "I think Koga and Blaine would be proud of that one!" He can barely get the words out between the bought of laughter. Then looking at Cassandra, "Actually that might have worked if she had a Grass type with her at the time."

Ken remembers what he had read a while back on urban area Pokemon. "If I'm remembering right, it'll mostly be Flying and Normal types, kinda like we would have run into in fields. Some Electric types too, since they like to feed on the electricity. If they have an infestation we might be able to help out with it. Who knows we may even see some Ghosts!" Ken lets Zippo return to his perch. Half thinking aloud, "Maybe something will fit for the fire team..." Then realizing he said that aloud, "Oh, so I should probably get this part out of the way since it caused some trouble before, part of why I have issue with Lucille. I want to specialize in Fire types, and surpass Blaine. He's kind of my hero as a trainer and researcher."

"It would be good to see how the gym is holding up, see what'll be waiting for us."

27. - Top - End - #207

NinjaGuy

"Could you believe I found the little guy sleeping in the middle of the woods?" Tyson picks up the Vulpix and raises it above him in the air. "Not half bad!" he brings the fox closer to inspect it. "I'm proud of ya! You learn quickly." A thought comes to mind. I hope you don't have a mother out there looking for ya... He shakes it from his mind and continues. "Think we can find a place that sells bandannas? Gotta get something to tell this one apart from other pokemon."

He listens to Ken explain the Pokemon that can be found around Viridian as he pets his Vulpix. "Electric types? ...and Ghosts huh? Sounds like fun!" he looks down at the pokemon in his arms.

"Why's that? She have a grudge against Fire types?" For the first time his tone becomes a bit serious. "I think that's a legitimate goal."

When the party is ready to leave, Tyson will place the Vulpix on the ground and begin heading toward Viridian Gym (or in the direction he thinks the gym is). "Hey little guy, let's play a game of tag!" He takes off in a light jog, fox in tow.
    Last edited by PK-Leon; 2017-01-06 at 09:04 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

AssassinGuy

"Wow, okay that's an awesome transformation!" Ken inspects the fox alongside Tyson. "Asleep in the woods huh? Maybe we'll find some more in the forest later on." Ken starts to look around a bit. "Shouldn't be too hard to find a place that sells them."

At Tyson's response to his goal, Ken rubs the back of his head. "Thanks! I don't know what her deal was but after she got done chewing me out, then laughing she said her goal was to be the best ever. As in there will be no one before or after her that becomes better." Ken shrugs. "Who knows what her deal is with Fire types. I did notice the only Pokemon she got really interested in was a Water type. Tympole I think it was."

When the party is ready, Ken will open a map on the Pokedex to figure out which way to go.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Cassandra, Ken, and Tyson:

You arrive at Viridian City Gym...

Or at least what's left of it.

The gym is a burnt out ruin, the roof is gone, presumably making up a portion of the carpet of rubble surrounding the place, it certainly looks like there's a healthy number of ceiling tiles. the front and left walls have toppled over, inexplicably, one seems to have fallen in, while the other has fallen out. the surviving back and right walls are holed in several places and covered in graffiti.

The general buzz of the city seems to die away as you walk through the chain-link fence that surrounds the property. the fence was covered in 'condemned', 'collapse hazard' and 'keep out' signs, but the front gates were wide open, and nobody was around. the only thing that looks like it recieves any care or maintenance is a steel sign-post that's been driven into the ground just inside the fence, on it is a brass placard sketching out the general history of the gym, Giovanni's contributions to the community, his exposure as leader of Team Rocket, and how the the gym was destroyed during the final phases of the conflict between the Pokemon League and Team Rocket.

OOC: Roll Perception

Lysandra:
    As Elliot summarizes his intended course of action, you observe that most of the other trainers in the plaza seem to be dispersing into the city.

The Punkette's group had gotten your attention, along with their albino Vulpix... but now it seems that two of them are running around.

The Fuchsia City kid (the mouthy boy who challenged Sergei back in Oak's lab) seems to have acquired a white fox as well. He's accompanied by a kid dressed in clothes marking him out as being from Cinnabar Island, and a young girl who has a sky blue hat with a white ruffle for a brim.

the over-eager girl Elliot pointed out earlier disappears the quickest, dragging other trainers in her wake.

Elliot seems to take your silence for being lost in contemplation. "If you need some time to make a decision, you can go wander around and clear your head, I can be convinced to delay my departure for a short time."

30. - Top - End - #210

AssassinGuy

"Man, I bet this would have been some sight before it got wrecked like this." Ken muses and begins to picture how the gym would have looked. Nothing like Blaine's of course but then again there's no volcano here. "Still sort of impressive, hiding in plain sight and all."

"At least it's a bit quieter now, without that massive crowd." Ken chuckles a bit trying to lighten the mood around the gloomy ruin. "Guess most wouldn't want to come to the place where it all went down."

Ken turns to Zippo. "What do you think little buddy?" Zippo chirps a couple times then starts to turn shy again. He was getting used to Cassandra and Tyson by now, which was fast for the little Cyndaquil. Guess he really can't be too shy around new people we're traveling with now. Ken manages to keep this thought inside and smiles a bit at it.

Spoiler: Perception Roll
    Show

Perception: 9 (Spent 1 AP to boost)
    http://orokos.com/roll/472927