New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: THEChanger's Curse of the Crimson Throne: Edge of Anarchy

Observing that Hookshanks is dead and that the children seem to be safe for the moment, Mordin wastes no more time in heading down towards the ship. He gestures for the others to join him, then moves as fast as possible, pushing past, Ardino, Dirkust and Carla as he goes down the stairway into the ship.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Mordin double-moves as far as he can, down to the ship and then down the stairs. He has 80 feet of movement in total. I calculate about 40 ft to reach the staircase (if I read the map correctly), then 40 ft more into the unknown. He probably won't be able to do anything this turn, but if he can get in position to threaten Giggles or other hostiles, he will do that.

This is round 4/10 of the Sudden Speed power, by the way.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino gave a small salute to Fadin before heading down the ramp. Seeing Dirkurst on the deck of the ship, he headed towards him. "Any sign of our orcish friend?" he asks as he readies himself for battle again
    Show
    Move action:Move up next to Dirkust
    Standard Action: Recover One-Two Punch
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin tucks his dagger into his belt and hefts his crossbow.
    He tries to favor the nearby children with what he hoped was a friendly smile as the adrenaline from the fight started to ebb.
    There were so many of them - their presence had been disconcerting the last time Gavin had confronted Gaedren, and that had been with the weight of the city government behind him.
    Now he was just one man - what could he do to make their lives any better than this?
    Before he could stop himself, the words came tumbling out.

"We have to go below and deal with Gaedren. If you can wait for us to come back, I promise we'll get you all back home where you belong - or find you someplace better to call home if you don't have anywhere else to go."

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Move - Stow dagger back in belt
    Standard - Pick up crossbow from the floor
    I didn't actually intend to kill EVERYONE. It just sort of happened.

Threads I'm currently DMing:

Threads I have successfully completed:

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Avrin looks down at Hookshanks' lifeless body with satisfaction. "One more off the list..." He looks at the kids speaking, listening to both stories, then replies enthusiastically. "Well done, kid. You helped claim your own freedom. Hopefully our next meeting'll be a bit less violent."

Pleasantries out of the way, he dashes after Mordin and the others. Lamm is still alive, and Avrin has no intention whatsoever of missing his death.

Show

Double move to follow Mordin as far as Avrin can go. With no threats in sight and both weapons drawn, I should be good to just try to get into a good position.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

5. - Top - End - #155

Lady Selancourte

Her heart sank, and she felt very cold, when the boy told her about Gobblegut and Lamm's practices - afterwards, she couldn't help but glare at the boy for a moment once he revealed that he didn't think that had been Acele's fate.
    "You do have some talent for dramatic turns, this I'll grant you." So a Tiefling had been interested in her - a male Tiefling. While this was concerning, it was a lot better than having been eaten by a crocodile, so Vestis took it as good news.

Apropos eaten by a crocodile - "There seems to be a crocodile down there with Lamm, Avrin, tell the others!" Lady Selancourte called out to Avrin, who just then rushed down the plank after the others.

She turned back to the boy before her, and gave him a charming smile. "Well, as you can see, Acele was right. I'll have to join the others, and finish this affair. Afterwards, I will need everything you can tell me about that Tiefling, so I would appreciate it if you could stay for the moment."
    As soon as Gavin made his way downstairs, she would join him. It was time to end Lamm.
    Last edited by aberratio ictus; 2017-03-27 at 06:19 PM.
    Avatar made by lankybugger - Thanks a lot!

6. - Top - End - #156
    Ogre in the Playground

Carla

A pet crocodile, Carla thought as she snorted at the mention. How absolutely lovely. This made things a bit more complicated,especially as Giggles was there as well, but at least some of his lieutenants were already down. And hey, no one said it was going to be easy. "You did a good job, Fadin. Check if there are any healing supplies and try to get that wound dressed. One other thing, we left Yargin unconscious over there," she says, nodding, "if you or someone else can tie him up, that would be good. If someone's knife accidentally slipped, well..." she shrugged. Not sure I should have told him that last bit, she thinks. Still, I can't deny they have a right to vengeance as well. I barely know Yargin from my time.

She whistled for Eslivar to come and headed towards the trap door, going down when the rest of their group were assembled.
    Mr.Shizzles avatar by The Gremlin. Thanks!

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust followed Mordin down below. I am behind you, Mordin. For what it is worth.

Spoiler
    Show
    Since we can't see the lower deck on the map, I'll position myself when we have a map.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

8. - Top - End - #158
    Ogre in the Playground

The children continue to try and stream out of the warehouse, seemingly oblivious to Gavin's pleas. It's only when Fadin comes into the main room that they stop trying to flee in a panic. "Guys, guys! Hold up. We gotta stick together!" The boy couldn't be more than eleven, but he was doing his best, and the younger children seemed to start to calm down.

The leader of the children steps in front of Vestis, putting both hands on the shoulders of the young boy she had been speaking with. He glares at her. Even he couldn't be older than, what, fifteen? But the hardness in his eyes would rival the most jaded of thieves and the cruelest of Chelish nobility. Vestis notices the boy is clearly positioning himself to be in her way, doing his best to keep her from moving forward to join the others. After a beat, he holds out one hand. "Swear it. Swear you'll help us when you're done here. You're a Chel, right? You all worship devils, or whatever. Swear on the thing you follow that you'll help us be safe. And I'll swear I'll do everything I can to help you get Acele back."

Meanwhile, Ardino moves onto the deck of the ship, and Mordin, Avrin, Carla, and Dirkust move into the hold of the vessel. It is dark here, the dim light from the docks barely illuminating the area right in front of the stairs. The group could just barely make out a few boxes and crates, mostly smashed and broken. Far more noticeable are the thick strands of glistening webbing scattered throughout the hold. Even in the dim light, the webs shine with an impossible iridescent light, all the colors of the rainbow. All four hear skittering, the sound of hard claws on wood. Spiders, most likely, but out of sight, out of reach.

And, notably, no obvious way out of the hold, and onto the walkway. Nor sign of Giggles.

Round Nine
    Fight?
    ATTENTION ANYONE WHO I'M PLAYING WITH:
    No news is good news.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Avrin narrows his eyes for a moment, scanning the dark interior of the ship's hold before spotting a familiar old trick. "Hold a moment. Looks like Lamm's been learning from smugglers..." He remarks quietly, trying not to draw the attention of anyone on the other side of the carefully hidden entry point, even if they've likely heard the mad dash to enter the hold. He moves to the offending panel as quietly as possible, then does his best to hit the requisite pressure points and slide the panel open as well as he can with admittedly fairly occupied hands, holding his weapon at the ready in the event that anyone or anything happens to be lurking on the other side.
    Show

Five-foot Step to G7 and trigger the hidden door as a Move action. If there's anything remotely hostile on the other side, either stab it with my sword if adjacent or shoot it with my crossbow if more than 5 feet away. If there's nothing on the other side of the door, Avrin will instead sling his crossbow as a Move action to free up his Buckler hand for spellcasting without having to drop his crossbow later.

If crossbow shot:
    Attack: (1d20+2)[17] (-2 penalty for using the crossbow one-handed)
    Damage: (1d8)[8]

If sword stab:
    Attack: (1d20+4)[11]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

Current stats:
    HP 10/10

AC18, Touch 14, FF 14
    Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6

1st Level Spells: 2/2
    Copycat: 7/7
    Last edited by DaedalusMkV; 2017-03-28 at 10:49 PM.

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino shoots glances at the stairs leading to the hold and the door 500 feet away. Figuring that the rest have the situation down there in hand, he heads toward the catwalk below. Rather than risk jumping onto it (and it breaking apart), he readies himself to drop down onto it.
    Show
    Move action: Get adjacent to the catwalk below
    Standard: Recover Whirlwind Strike

11. - Top - End - #161
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust snorted at the dingy interior. Unsanitary... As Avrin opens the hold, Dirkust slipped out, tiptoeing (rapidly) across the rickety ramp. He nodded briefly at Ardino on the upper ramp, before nodding meaningfully to the doorway. He rushes around the corner, allowing easy access for his allies.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2017-03-28 at 11:42 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

12. - Top - End - #162

Mordin was confused upon entering the hold, but he springs into action as Avrin reveals the secret panel. "Well spotted! We should catch up to them soon!"

Mordin runs out onto the ramp and joins Dirkust on the other side. If Dirkust opens the door he moves through it and into the room.

Show
    Once again, he will try to close in if he sees a hostile. If they are within 10 ft of the door, he should be able to also make an attack this round, otherwise he just closes in. All this is assuming he doesn't fall into the water with the sharks, of course...

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin silently breathes a sigh of relief when Fadin shows up, convincing the children to stop and stay put in a way that his own words cannot.
    Unfortunately, it seems that benefit comes with strings of its own, and Gavin finds himself holding his own breath as he and the children wait for Vestis's response.
    While he's waiting though, he absent-mindedly slings his crossbow over his shoulder and picks up his rapier.

Show

Move - Stow crossbow
    Standard - Pick up rapier

14. - Top - End - #164

Lady Selancourte

Lady Selancourte smiled at the boy again, but this time, the smile didn't reach her eyes. He was demanding, and she hated that. Especially coming from a boy his age, a boy she just had rescued from his cruel captor, and a peasant. Back in Cheliax, she'd have him whipped, but then again, after being Lamm's slave since quite a long time, as she assumed, that would probably not faze him.

"And here I thought in freeing you and yours from Lamm's chains I was already helping you! I apologise for my misconception." she answered, but the subtlest trace of irony in her voice. "So this is how it is going to be. Using the life of a little girl as a bargaining chip. You must be proud of yourself, since you obviously have learnt much from Lamm." Ever so slightly, she shook her head at the boy, before glancing around at the other children. "Would you treat their lives with as little regard as Acele's?"
    She was fairly sure she could talk him out of that nonsense, given enough time, but alas, that she didn't have. As they spoke, the others were looking for Lamm, and she would prefer to interrogate him if at all possible instead of killing him outright - his information about Acele's... buyer... surely would be a lot more valuable than the boy's.
    "I won't hold it against the others, though." Vestis finally continued. "I can promise to be as helpful to you as you will be to me." A convincing expression of concern fell over her countenance. "Just try not to become like him."

Spoiler: Diplomacy/Bluff on the boy
    Show

I'll try to have him be content with that promise instead of an oath I'm not sure I can keep.
    (1d20+9)[25] if you think Diplomacy is the most fitting, minus 1 if you consider bluff more fitting.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Carla

Carla gave the mastiff a hand as she went down the hatch, then proceeded with the others. She leaves the Chel to negotiate with the kids, this should be child's play to her, right? In the near dark, she smirks at the bad joke. No one was born a master, at least she did not have to endure the others' groans.

She catches herself that her mind is wandering. This would be dangerous, she thinks,and focuses to the task at hand. Her eyes are only so used to the darkness, so she gives herself a bit of time to get used to the poor light; in the meantime, she tries to use her ears and, if need be, nose. Darkness is no impairment against a smelly enemy... and Giggles was never famous for her hygiene.

Show

Waiting for Eslivar if necessary
    Perception check to spot anything hidden - move action - (1d20+6)[16]
    Move action - move around, ending towards the door.

"Need a hand?"
    she whispers coarsely to the shifty man - Arvin, was it - at the door.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Ogre in the Playground

"Look, don't get me wrong. I like Acele, or what I got to know of her in the few weeks I met her. I even trust her. And she trusted you. But I don't have a lot of reason to do the same. I don't know you. So you'll have to forgive me for wanting some assurance you won't just pack up and leave us all to starve when you have what you want. You noble types aren't exactly known for keeping promises to common folk." The boy holds your gaze for a few more moments. But he moves aside, pulling the boy with him. "We'll be here when you get through with Gaedren. And I'll do everything I can to help you find Acele. For her. Not for you."

And then there is a horrible wailing sound from below, followed by a shaking of the building. The children scream, and Fadin and the leader start to usher them out. "Scratch that, we'll be outside when you get through."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    At this point, both Vestis and Gavin may take a double move towards the ship during Round Nine, if they wish. And I'm fairly certain they'll wish.

As Carla and Avrin search the ship, they both immediately notice a small army of spiders moving as fast as their little legs can carry them towards the shore. Eslivar bounds down the stairs, gives a sniff, and then starts to whimper, shying away from the walkway towards the lower section of the warehouse. And then both Carla and Avrin can see dark streaks of shadow blasting out of the door, accompanied with a terrible wailing, and a brief shaking all across the ship. Carla feels the spirits bound to her struggling, desperately trying to get away, and she hears a whisper in her head. Aza'zati is speaking to her.

He comes closer.

Mordin and Dirkust burst into the lower section of the warehouse. Most of this space is occupied by an opening to the water below, crisscrossed by thin wooden planks and hanging chains. In one corner a set of walls has been built, with a somewhat rickety looking door. Against that wall closest to the door are three tables. Two are covered with what looks like mostly junk, but the third has a large wooden chest, now laying open. And standing in front of it is Giggles, her back turned.

As Dirkust enters the room, his vision starts to swim, as he is assaulted with...memories? Visions? It's hard to tell. But he is hanging from the chains in the center of the room. Only he is a young child, sobbing. Gaedren is there, taunting him, cutting him with daggers, asking him impossible questions. He slips, falls into the water. The crocodile tries to swipe at him, but the current pulls him away, down the river. And then he is back in the room, in his body, staring as Giggles turns around, grinning ear to ear.

"Well lads, it looks like the boss took off. Wanted to save his own skin, I guess. But he had the good grace to leave me with a few vials of the good stuff." She holds up a small vial, in which swirls a inky black liquid, which occasionally sparks with dark blue energy. Immediately, Mordin and Dirkust feel a intense, piercing pain in their head, and a low whisper fills the room. Before Mordin can stop her, Giggles uncorks the vial, and downs the whole thing.

She starts to scream. Black jagged lines start to spread from the corners of her eyes, across her face, down her neck, down her arms. An explosion of shadow bursts out from her, knocking both Dirkust and Mordin back and off their feet, accompanied by a fierce, tortured screaming. Some is from Giggles, but some seems to just fill the air from nowhere, as though a thousand angry ghosts were suddenly let loose. The explosion is enough to rock the supports holding the warehouse up, splinters flying everywhere. When the shadows die down, Giggles is standing, an aura of dark energy surrounding her. The black lines have solidified into strange, geometric designs, and her eyes have gone completely black. She drops her flail, grinning, and cracking her neck. "Oh yeah. That's the stuff."

Show
    Both Dirkust and Mordin are pushed back 10 feet, and knocked prone. Your current positions on the map reflect this. They both must succeed on a DC 15 Reflex Save, or take 2 points of Negative Energy Damage. Also, anyone able to see Giggles should make a Perception check. This means Dirkust and Mordin right now, but others as they enter the lower part of the warehouse.

Round Ten
    FIGHT! FOR YOUR LIFE!
    No news is good news.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust steadies himself as the wave of negative energy washes over him harmlessly. The images flashed to him, distracting him and he stumbled into a corner. NO! He screamed. The stench of sweat permeates outwards from him, as droplets of sticky sap condense at his feet.

Spoiler
    Show
    Manifest Vigor on himself, now has 5 temp HP. Move to stand, 5-ft step to K4.
    Last edited by MesiDoomstalker; 2017-03-29 at 11:11 PM.
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Ettin in the Playground

Ardino sees his compatriots being knocked back and lowers himself onto the walkway
    Show
    Moving down as a full-round action.
    Once I'm down, will I be able to see Giggles? Rolling perception just in case. (1d20+5)[14]

19. - Top - End - #169

Mordin groans as the wave of negative energy washes over him, his ears still ringing from the scream. The most intense dark waves seem to divert themselves around him, but he feels the intensity of the power at work.

Gaedran...what forces have you allied yourself with here?

Noticing the strange designs on her neck, Mordin calls out to the others:

"The markings on her neck... they almost look like a collar, I've never seen anything like this before!"

He stands up, legs still shaky from the explosion. He grips his sword tightly and stares at Giggles. As he gazes upon her form enveloped in dark energy a voice in his mind whispers ...this is not meant to be... and the sword starts to glow softly.

Show
    Mordin stands up from prone with his move action and activates Legacy Weapon with a standard action, making his greatsword +1.
    Last edited by Corlindale; 2017-03-29 at 11:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #170

Lady Selancourte

'For her. Not for you.' Was this how he made some of the little girls among the Lambs cry if he didn't get his way? Adorable.
    "Tie Yargin up, and try not to kill him. He might know something as well." she simply said, more or less ignoring the rest of pitchfork boy's words.
    She made one step in the direction of the way down, then abruptly stopped to bend forward to the level of the little boy still standing in front of pitchfork boy, her cape falling back over her shoulders. "It isn't all silver." she responded to his question, in a warm and friendly voice. "There's a little bit of gold in it, as well." Vestis gave him a small wink, then left.

Together with Gavin, the Chelish Lady hurried towards the way the others had taken.
    That scream had been a bit worrying, but still, the problem with the children was on her mind. It wouldn't mean anything if pitchfork boy wasn't useful, but if he was... contrary to the boy's beliefs, her promises actually meant something, and she usually didn't give them so easily. Unlike Gavin, who she had meant to mock a bit for his quick and exaggerated promises. Now, they were in the same boat.
    "I do hope you have a plan, concerning the children;" she told him, under her breath. "for to be perfectly honest, I don't."

Show
    Well, Vestis will indeed make a double move action during round 9 after talking, and during round 10 as well, as she has quite some distance before her.
    Last edited by aberratio ictus; 2017-03-30 at 06:10 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin had to admit that the sight of the chelish lady getting her ass handed to her in negotiations by a rugged child was amusing.
    Clearly she wasn't used to dealing with the sort of hardened children who grew up in the filth overshadowed by two-bit tyrants like Gaedren Lamm, and thus were not afraid of anything.
    Then the screaming started, and the fishery shifted on its pilings - not enough to be dangerous but more than enough to suggest that something very bad was happening below them.
    Clawing at his belt pouch with his buckler hand, he tears it off and tosses the thin pouch of money at the kid's chest.

"Here's what I have on me. If we don't come back, use it to get as far as you can. Like milady said, tie Yargin up and drag him out with you - don't kill him, but feel free to smear some fish guts in his hair!"

Gavin growls, pushing past the gaggle of children and vaulting over the low railing of the walkway to land heavily on the workshop floor.
    As he goes, he mulls over what Lady Selancourte said - she had a point in bringing up his promise to find the children a home.
    He *had* made that promise a bit cavalierly, even though the children hadn't seemed as eager to hold him to that as they had her.
    Then again, he was a ragged mercenary and she - well, she was a noblewoman and a famous diva!

Finally he grunts out an answer as he runs down the gankplank leading into the ship.

"Gonna need something to do after Lamm is dead. I thought we'd figure it out as we went along, like the rest of this job. Course, having the help of Lady Vestis Selancourte, famous Diva and Sorceress *would* undoubtedly make that easier."

Gavin quipped, favoring the lady with a smile, although with a slight sinking feeling in his stomach that perhaps, like a man seeking the favor of Asmodeus, he really didn't want Milady's help but he was going to get it anyway . . . and regret it to no end.

Those concerns faded as he got to the bottom walkway leading into Lamm's bolthole beneath the fishery, just as how to convince the children had faded when the screaming started.

"What in the Hells Below is going on down here!?"

Show

Free Round 9 Move (Thanks a whole lot for the bonus movement TheChanger! Though I suppose I'll be cursing your name when we get down there right in the thick of the fight instead of cleaning up. )
    Free(?) Action - Toss kid the bag of coins (8 SP in it). If it'll cost an action, too bad, he's not getting the money then.
    Move - Move directly north, vaulting over the walkway. With 30' move, I guess that should put me about where Hookshanks' body is?
    Standard - Move down the ramp, which should get back to the bottom of the ramp onto the ship on Map 2.

-Round 10 Actions-
    Move - Move around the topside of the boat to the stairs, head down into the hold - should put me about at the bottom of the stairs inside the hold, where Carla's dog is right now(?)
    Standard - Move to G11 on map B2, putting Gavin right smack in the middle of the walkway leading into the Big Show
    Last edited by Inspectre; 2017-03-30 at 11:09 PM.

22. - Top - End - #172
    Troll in the Playground

Avrin's eyes narrow as he sees the spiders fleeing the area, wondering what they know that he doesn't. Is it an omen from his Patron, urging him to avoid some danger ahead, or simply the panicked reaction of unthinking animals fleeing a supernatural threat? He shakes his head, certain that one way or another he has no plans of leaving before Lamm is no longer among the living, or at least until it's blatantly clear that there's no hope for his new allies to win. Gripping his sword tightly, he races after Dirkust and Mordin into an oddly familiar scene.

"Gods damn, I've seen this before. She's hopped up on Shudder, and it's going to make her strong and immune to pain." He calls out in warning as he advances swiftly towards the black-stained gang enforcer. "I've had about enough of you. Yargin can tell me where Lamm would run to; you can go visit the Hells in person." He raises his buckler in a defensive guard, ready to parry her strikes, as he hustles into position to prevent her from getting into a good position to attack any of the others.

Show

Double move into position at E4. It's not a great place to be now, but should guarantee everyone has room to get into the fight with her next turn after I 5-foot-step into a better position then. Avrin will activate Judgement as a Swift action, using the Judgement of Healing to gain Fast Healing 1. Dirkust can redirect the single point of healing from this turn as he sees fit.

Current stats:
    HP 10/10

AC18, Touch 14, FF 14
    Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6

Copycat: 7/7
    Judgement Effect: Fast Healing 1

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Carla

"The hell´s with you, Es?"
    Carla mutters, giving the dog the stink eye. She knows that the dog doesn´t scare easy... in fact, she hasn´t seen it scare much at all, even against some pretty unpleasant critters like those skeletons in Barrov Dell. Only then does she notice everything else around her, the way something almost pulls her away from Lamm´s lair. "What in all the hells," she whispers, more than a little afraid. "What is going on?" . The drakeling's message was alarming as well... could it be that down there was something that it knew and the others feared? And how did Lamm have anything to do with it?

For a second, she hesitates, her sense of self-preservation urging her away, but then she looks at the dog with hard eyes. "I´m going in, Es. I am not letting go of this. Not after all this time. I want you to come with me. There will be stuff to kill."

As the saying goes, she thinks, in a pinch anger is almost as good as courage. The flail feels heavy in her hand, but she enjoys the feeling. She gives Eslivar one final questioning look and beckons him in, then proceeds regardless of what he does.

She follows Avrin, just close enough to hear Giggles´s comments, and she feels the anger welling up inside her. The mangy rat managed to escape... the whole commotion gave the thrice-damned bottom-feeding scum-****ing tick just enough time... DAMN! She holds her bile down for just a moment. If we don´t kill Giggles, maybe she could be interrogated and tell them what they need. There is a reason to keep the ****ing bitch alive for a short bit.

Wait, we still have Yargin. If the brats didn´t kill him - and from the other room it seemed like the Chel was telling them to keep him alive - he could do that as well. She comes a bit late and eyes the scene and the change that's come across the orcblood. Disturbing, perhaps, but she is not going to be intimidated so easily. Well, Giggles, time to pay some beatings back with interest. .

Show
    Handle animal to get Eslivar to follow (1d20+10)[11], move action to push if necessary
    Move or double move to follow
    Last edited by The_Shaman; 2017-03-31 at 06:25 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Ogre in the Playground

The party runs closer, everyone trying to cram into the small space beneath the warehouse. All the while, Giggles is laughing hysterically, her newly blackened eyes wide, almost breaking open her face. "Oh, yes, I see now! I see the plan laid out in all its glory! A great prayer-wheel, made to spin by our suffering. And at its center, the axle upon which it spins, the Master's greatest creation. Oh what glories await us, little ones! What glories are yet to come!"

The half-orc lifts one hand, making a fist. The room grows slightly darker, and each of the warriors in the room feels a slight, almost imperceptible pull towards her. Then she thrusts her hand forward, towards Avrin, and a blast of raw darkness flies towards him. It slam's into his chest, pushing him back into Carla, who manages to keep them both on their feet as a second pulse of power rips through the room, very similar to the one that hit when Giggles first downed the vial.

Show
    Avrin takes 6 points of Negative Energy damage. He would have been bull rushed back 10 feet, but there's a Carla in the way.

As the pulse hits again, there is a groan, and a growl, as a large green shape burst up from the pool of water. A crocodile, likely the infamous Gobblegut, reaches out and snaps at Mordin. The beast cannot quite find purchase, but it is clear that anyone on the edge of the pool is within reach of the snapping jaws and razor teeth.

Round Eleven
    FIGHT!
    No news is good news.

25. - Top - End - #175
    Titan in the Playground

Dirkust had been trying to back up, but the walls prevented him. He knew what fear was. He had felt it once before, on his first night. In his dreams. But this was different. This was new. This was more than fear. This was terror. A primal reaction to a real, life or death situation. A natural response, fight or flight. He must either act now, in his self-preservation or flee and abandon the others. A bit of his mind reminded him there was nothing natural about his biology. That his entire person was engineered by eldritch rituals. The fact he had an automated response to stimuli similar to normal biological life was a defense mechanism. To help him 'blend in.' But it felt real enough. The cold sweat, the tremors. The genuine concern for his continued existence in this material body. Thus, he didn't care if the reaction was engineered to disguise him, it was real to him. And he was terrified. And he was going to fight, not fly.

His newly found resolve, however, was tested as the croc erupted out of the water. The vision/memory/echo played once more. His eyes bugged out. He decided then, to not only fight but also fly, away from the water. He rushed around the opening, heading towards the small closet opposite him. He focused in on Giggles, a cacophonous clang like a bell emanated from him as psionic energy attempted to seize the Half-Orc's muscles.

Spoiler
    Show
    Collapse on Giggles. DC 15 Fort vs. Prone
    Awesome Avvy by Sizlord!

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Avrin reels back as the burst of pure negative energy buffets him, lucky that he has an ally to steady him. He looks back in alarm as the huge, scaled form of Gobblegut lunges out of the water, then returns his attention to the black-stained woman in front of him. "Cut it with that Kuthite crap, Giggles. When did you convert away from the god of big muscles, anyways?" He rasps through gritted teeth as he advances on her, shield held at a guard and sword close at his side. "Just die already..." He growls as he strikes with his own blade, a rapid thrust aimed low to cripple.

Aware that he's put himself in something of a risky position, Avrin focuses his will, closing his eyes for a moment as he calls upon his Patron's power, and as he circles around Giggles' flank he seems to blur and distort, until there almost seem to be two of him standing in the shadowed corner of the room.

Show

Avrin will switch his Judgement to Justice (+1 on attack rolls) as a Swift action, attack Giggles as a Standard action, 5-foot-step to clear space and then activate Copycat as a Move Action. Any successful attack against him this turn has a 50% chance of instead hitting his illusory duplicate and having no effect other than removing said duplicate.

Attack Roll: (1d20+5)[15]
    Damage: (1d6)[6]

Current stats:
    HP 4/10

AC18, Touch 14, FF 14
    Fort +4, Ref +5, Will +6

Copycat: 6/7
    Judgement Effect: +1 on Attack Rolls
    1 Mirror Image present

27. - Top - End - #177

Mordin whirls around to face the enormous crocodile that snapped at him. He recoils and briefly considers running, before a strange sense of courage wells up within him.

"Take care of her, I will try to keep this one occupied!"

He steps to the side to allow the others to enter more easily and swings his newly enchanted greatsword towards the massive beast.

Show
    5-foot-step to the side.
    Attack: (1d20+6)[15]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[17]

EDIT:
    Spoiler: OOC2
    Show
    Attack roll is actually 16, if lower elevation applies.
    Last edited by Corlindale; 2017-04-03 at 02:40 PM.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Ettin in the Playground

Adrino can't get a good path, so he gets to the door as best as possible.
    Show
    Move to get to the door
    Standard: Recover my last maeuver

29. - Top - End - #179
    Troll in the Playground

Gavin moves inside the cramped hideout just in time to see the infamous Gobblegut leap out of the water and try to bite Mordin, receiving a sword to the face for its troubles (assuming a solid hit?). As the croc reels Gavin also leaps in and stabs at the creature's eyes, one of the few weak points on the beast.

Dimly, he's aware of Giggles shouting some sort of nonsense that doesn't make any sense to Gavin - but Avrin seems to have an idea what's going on with that. Gavin makes a mental note to ask him about it - and how he recognized Giggles' ranting as some sort of Kuthite screed - after they're no longer in mortal peril.

Show

(Assuming that moving from Floor B2 into the interior costs only one square of movement (from outside to inside instead of outside -> door (where Carla's dog is listed) -> inside), Gavin will move into the room and attack Gobblegut. If he can't do that, then I guess he double moves into that square.
    Move: Move into the hideout, stopping just north on the map of Gobblegut
    Standard: Stab the big ol' crocagator
    To-Hit: (1d20+7)[18]
    Spoiler: Mods
    Show

+4 Dex
    +1 Weapon Focus
    +1 BAB
    +1 I Have the High Ground!

Damage: (1d6+4)[6]
    Spoiler: Mods
    Show

+4 Dex

Gavin will use Opportune Parry & Riposte if attacked in melee.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Carla stops Arvin and steadies him with one hand and a curt "Careful, boyo," as she glances at the reptile and back at the half-orc. She personally is a lot more worried of Giggles - and a heck of a lot more angry, too. Whatever mojo there was in that bottle might not help much against a chain around the neck and an iron ball on the head! "End of the line,Gana. There's seven of us, and we're here for blood. You think your babble will save you? I'll show you suffering, bitch!"

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Free - RAGE!
    5 foot step to get in close to Giggles
    Move - intimidate w.effortless intimidation. [Roll]1D20+7[ROLL]
    Standard-attack w power attack
    Attack [Roll]1D20+6[ROLL] +2 if Carla can get a flank.
    Damage: [Roll]1D10+12[ROLL]