2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Worm WW

Quote Originally Posted by RoTWS View Post
    How do I do the red color?
    The toolbox has font coloring, but the actual code input would be:

[color=red]Text to be colored[/color]

Edit: Demonstration
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2017-05-27 at 06:27 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Iceseer, I said coldly.

Huh. Apparently I was in a pun phase today.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnoc View Post
    Ok there are three sets of possible siblings: Laserdream and Shielder, Regent and Cherish, and finally Panacea and Glory Girl.

Shielder and Lazerdream have purely physical powers, generation of forcefields, flight and projecting lasers. I can't see how this set would allow them to recogize eachother and it doesn't really fit Iceseer's deleted post.

Regent and Cherish have variations on mind control. Regent controls bodies and Cherish has emotional sense/control. Both of them could potentially bypass the miasma with Cherish being more likely. It'd be an interesting twist for them to start aware of eachother though given that they're on opposite teams.

Panacea is a potential game ender as she can reverse the miasma. Presumably giving full awareness of who's in play to whoever she uses her power on.

Now that I think about it though there is one other possibility. Ramsus and Avatar Vecna could have gone meta and assigned someone to be imp without adding them to the list of possible characters. Given Imp's power screws heavily with perception I'm not sure how it would interact with the miasma.
    Regent and Cherish seeing each other would be too good for the Town. We'd basically get a free kill on a wolf, and we lose a Town who isn't the Seer or Baner or, well what would Regent even do?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

((Stop voting for Iceseer or Tom people. Just read their posts - do they really seem like they're lying? This is what we want with pressure, I can now say they're probably not S9 and so we can push others in the lead to get more data.))

- - - Updated - - -

((My current suspect list contains Forum Explorer and Silent Interim for mostly tone and in the latter case posts that appear helpful but don't contribute to Town. Any takers?))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    ((Stop voting for Iceseer or Tom people. Just read their posts - do they really seem like they're lying? This is what we want with pressure, I can now say they're probably not S9 and so we can push others in the lead to get more data.))

- - - Updated - - -

((My current suspect list contains Forum Explorer and Silent Interim for mostly tone and in the latter case posts that appear helpful but don't contribute to Town. Any takers?))
    Voting for one of either a confirmed mason team or scum is pretty much a win-win. Looking at the likely roles, we probably have Panacea, and/or Shielder, and/or Othala as some variety of Baners, to save the other one. If they're a mason team, scum's not going to kill them because that would reveal that the other one is telling the truth, and obviously they're not going to be killed if they're scum. Now, I admit, there are a few more options than I thought we had before. For example, if someone got Shadow Stalker that makes it pretty likely that she's a Vigilante of some stripe, meaning she can take out one of the two of them, and we get our answer that way. There are also possibly more unique abilities that could solve this situation, but I don't exactly know any of the specifics of peoples abilities, so they would need to claim if they want to change my mind. Additionally, I definitely agree with you that switching focus to get more information out is a good idea, I'm just worry that that will be so distracting that it could muddy the waters. If we can trick someone into confirming they're scum, then obviously that's the ideal, but with the information we have right now, I believe voting for Iceseer to be the safest option. My vote still stands for now.

7. - Top - End - #157
    Titan in the Playground

Actually on reading through Iceseer posts, the come off as an incompetent wolf to me.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Actually on reading through Iceseer posts, the come off as an incompetent wolf to me.
    I don't agree. If Iceseer was a wolf, with multiple allies, I think their posts would be far fewer and not as rapid fire as they were since it would be a group to bounce things off of. We have a "tentative" claim that Tom and Iceseer are connected by default, which seems more believable to me.

Forum Explorer.
    Last edited by flat_footed; 2017-05-29 at 11:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

9. - Top - End - #159
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    I don't agree. If Iceseer was a wolf, with multiple allies, I think their posts would be far fewer and not as rapid fire as they were since it would be a group to bounce things off of. We have a "tentative" claim that Tom and Iceseer are connected by default, which seems more believable to me.

Forum Explorer.
    Your reasoning here makes sense except for the fact that Tom explicitly mentioned a sister. The only sibling pair in the list of possible characters that would make sense to know each other (Panacea&Glory Girl) is the one that he explicitly does not claim.

It's possible I failed a wisdom check in analyzing their posts. Mursaka, flat_footed, did something stick out as being exceptionally plausible?
    I don't know everything merely everything of importance-Fidelias
    Avatar by the illustrious Lord Raziere

10. - Top - End - #160

The fact that there were pairs in contact with each other, which wasn't public knowledge and had been accepted almost immediately. I'm assuming the sister portion was a lie to try and conceal exactly which pair they are, which is both understandable and good playing.

It's pretty obvious that Iceseer has failed at keeping a low profile. Stating such as wolfy is more wolfy to me.
    Show
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #161
    Orc in the Playground

I suppose that makes sense,

Spoiler: roleplaying
    Show
    I backed away from the pair, Iceseer seemed even more confused then the rest of us. I had to admit I felt a bit guilty about that but there wasn't much I could do now. "Forum Explorer do you think you could shed some more light on the situation?"

Changing my vote to Forum Explorer
    Last edited by Ronnoc; 2017-05-29 at 09:10 AM.

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Technetium43 View Post
    Voting for one of either a confirmed mason team or scum is pretty much a win-win. Looking at the likely roles, we probably have Panacea, and/or Shielder, and/or Othala as some variety of Baners, to save the other one. If they're a mason team, scum's not going to kill them because that would reveal that the other one is telling the truth, and obviously they're not going to be killed if they're scum. Now, I admit, there are a few more options than I thought we had before. For example, if someone got Shadow Stalker that makes it pretty likely that she's a Vigilante of some stripe, meaning she can take out one of the two of them, and we get our answer that way. There are also possibly more unique abilities that could solve this situation, but I don't exactly know any of the specifics of peoples abilities, so they would need to claim if they want to change my mind. Additionally, I definitely agree with you that switching focus to get more information out is a good idea, I'm just worry that that will be so distracting that it could muddy the waters. If we can trick someone into confirming they're scum, then obviously that's the ideal, but with the information we have right now, I believe voting for Iceseer to be the safest option. My vote still stands for now.
    ((They're two people. Why would you assume Masons and not Lovers

Also we have Seers. Plural.))
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-05-27 at 08:27 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Orc in the Playground

((They're two people. Why would you assume Masons and not Lovers

Also we have Seers. Plural.))
    Actually, it's straight up because I did not know Lovers existed. They've never shown up in a game of mafia that I've played, so I wasn't aware of the role. However, unless I REALLY missed something, there is a minimum of brother-sister incest in Worm. If Tom wants to recant that statement, I will concede that Lovers is a possibility and retract my vote. And yes, we COULD have multiple Seers (considering that only 21 of the 35 potential roles are available, and some number of those are scum, there's no way to guarantee multiple Seers), but that requires it's OWN set of checks and balances, as if they are scum, one of the other scum could easily claim Seer to try to get them out of trouble. And the potential of multiple Seers mean that we can't even have someone counterclaim. That's even more unreliable than normal.

14. - Top - End - #164

Lovers isn't mean to be taken quite that literally. Suffice to say it means two roles are connected to each other.

Unless I'm off base, Murska?
    Show
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

15. - Top - End - #165
    Orc in the Playground

Lovers isn't mean to be taken quite that literally. Suffice to say it means two roles are connected to each other.

Unless I'm off base, Murska?
    Hmm. I still find it very unlikely due to roles apparently being quite linked to their powers (or at least, mine are, and a couple others are so obvious that I would be quite surprised if they WEREN'T), but I definitely don't want to take that risk. Until we can make sure we aren't going to shoot ourselves in the foot, I'm going to switch to Forum Explorer, as more information is always good.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

((Lovers just means both die if one does.

Anyway, if a Seer claims one of them is mafia and a Seer counterclaims, we get 3 baddies for the price of one.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #167
    Bugbear in the Playground

Silent_Interim seems to mostly be making meta comments. Is that what you're referring to? They do kind of look like low-risk flag-waving for town, but I'm not convinced that means he's a wolf 9ner.

The fact that there were pairs in contact with each other, which wasn't public knowledge and had been accepted almost immediately. I'm assuming the sister portion was a lie to try and conceal exactly which pair they are, which is both understandable and good playing.

It's pretty obvious that Iceseer has failed at keeping a low profile. Stating such as wolfy is more wolfy to me.
    I do like your logic here. Forum Explorer is my next vote then.
    Last edited by ImperatorV; 2017-05-28 at 10:02 PM.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

18. - Top - End - #168
    Titan in the Playground

I'm more referring to how he apparently sent a message to save Tom the Mime by claiming a role for him. Also he reminds me a lot of how Igor was behaving in the Time WW
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Could I trouble someone for a votecount?

FE, you're under major lynch threat atm. You should keep an eye on that.
    Last edited by Murska; 2017-05-27 at 09:44 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #170
    Dwarf in the Playground

BardGuy

Duck999: 1 (Thematthew)
    flat_footed: 5 (4) (Tom the Mime, Iceseer, Duck999, Iceseer, Murska)
    Thematthew: 1 (Silent_Interim)
    Forum Explorer: 5 (Eternis, flat_footed, Ronnoc, Technetium43, ImperatorV)
    ImperatorV: 1 (Xihirli)
    Tom the Mime: 3 (rakkoon, aberratio ictus, Technetium43)
    Technetium: 1 (Kartoffelbrein)
    Iceseer: 2 (RoTWS, Forum Explorer)

Iceseer, Technetium43, you should probably cross out one each of your votes.
    Last edited by RoTWS; 2017-05-27 at 10:15 PM.

21. - Top - End - #171
    Titan in the Playground

Could I trouble someone for a votecount?

FE, you're under major lynch threat atm. You should keep an eye on that.
    Meh, if the town wants to screw themselves over by killing me, I'm fine with that.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #172
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

I'm more referring to how he apparently sent a message to save Tom the Mime by claiming a role for him. Also he reminds me a lot of how Igor was behaving in the Time WW
    Could you clarify this? When did Iceseer send a message claiming a role for me? I had pressure on me, Iceseer was blindingly obvious trying to get pressure off. I claimed Iceseer was my sister, I made some clarifications in response to a guess, people come up with theories.

Also, your response to pressure isn't exactly helpful. If you're worried about it being a useful role then if anyone was planning to bane me tonight, if FE has a useful and believable role, bane him. If you don't say anything, I see no reason to move this vote, Forum Explorer
    Last edited by Tom the Mime; 2017-05-29 at 03:07 PM.

23. - Top - End - #173

Hey, I think I started the Tom The Mime train but it was not just for the mime part, the Tom part was important too ;P
    Forum explorer sounds good too
    Last edited by rakkoon; 2017-05-29 at 07:48 AM.

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Meh, if the town wants to screw themselves over by killing me, I'm fine with that.
    ((This is definitely anti-Town behaviour, but I'm not sure a wolf would say this either. It seems designed to get himself lynched, which should be against most people's win condition.))
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #175

DrowGuy

Iceseer is new and clearly needs some training, so for now, they're safe. The pseudo claim of a Lovers-sequel sibling pair is odd this early in the game, but eh, self-defense is weird sometimes. I'm going to throw my lot in with Forum Explorer and hope we called it right this first round...Wouldn't it be funny if Skitter died first?
    Cookie Count: One

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Spoiler: True Facts
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176
    Troll in the Playground

Mmh. I feel bad about this lynch right now.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #177
    Orc in the Playground

A cursory ctrl +f of the thread indicates that Libro, Logic, and C'nor haven't voted or posted since the start of the game. Should we direct some pressure their way?

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Worth killing them, if only because there's no way someone who doesn't post is going to be useful for Town. Though they will get autolynched if they do nothing at all.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Barbarian in the Playground

Worth killing them, if only because there's no way someone who doesn't post is going to be useful for Town. Though they will get autolynched if they do nothing at all.
    Mmmmm. This old chestnut of a debate.

OTOH, killing them is a waste of a kill, precisely because they do nothing at all. Inactive players tend not to be wolves. That means any time spent killing them is time spent not wolf-hunting. Something I'm sure you're aware of, Murska. If someone fails to participate, they are essentially a non-entity to the game. Let them AL. If nothing else, it means anyone who wants to step in as an AL replacement gets a chance.

Also, it's D1, and people have lives. If they haven't posted by the next day phase, sure, I'll call a spade a spade and agree they're probably not worth spending time on. But speaking as somebody who is, ah, known for periods of absence, I'm slightly uncomfortable saying that now.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

((Been busy IRL, family housecleaning/gardening. I love flowers and fresh veggies, but they are a pain to get started. ))

Let's see what's going on...

This ^ reads as either dissatisfied townie or wolf that wouldn't mind being lynched. I don't think a beast-type would throw themselves out D1 unless there was a lot to gain from it. Similarly I don't think one of the more crucial roles (seer,baner,etc.) would give up easily, so probably not one of those... Maybe a fool or a role that needs to find someone else?... Whichever the case may be, Forum Explorer seems like a bad choice to me.

flat_footed for a counter wagon for now, I'll try to investigate more later today.