New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Default Re: Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

in one pull my brother got

Marche's USB
    Ramza's BSB
    Meliadoul's BSB
    Ramza's LMR
    Marche's SSB

...that'll do.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy RecordKeeper X:Listen to my pulls. This is our last chance to whale

Quote Originally Posted by huttj509 View Post
    in one pull my brother got

Marche's USB
    Ramza's BSB
    Meliadoul's BSB
    Ramza's LMR
    Marche's SSB

...that'll do.
    Your brother wins.

As for me? 1/11, Agrias' BSB. Funny banner, in which this is considered one of the "dud" options. I'll take it.

Now I just have to decide whether I'm going to pull again. Over 200 mythril, not planning on spending on any non-Fest banners, but then again, I still don't know what Fest-type stuff is coming up. There's the DU in December, that's a definite. There's the XMas Fest, that's a thing, but I think it's just one banner? There's the Conquest Anniversary, but I don't know if that even has a banner. Then there's more stuff in January and February, but that's still a month plus out.

Anybody know what we're getting Fest-wise? I've been checking the usual sources, they seem to be lacking.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Anybody know what we're getting Fest-wise? I've been checking the usual sources, they seem to be lacking.
    No one knows for sure. JP had Super Fest 2 but since GL skipped Super Fest 1, and there's partially translated stuff from both fests, the best guess atm is a combination of the 2. If we really luck out, the fest will be chain oriented since GL is lacking in that department and they removed the chains from the 30th fest. But this is DeNA, and GL always has that 'they're different games' excuse looming over our heads (and that excuse has made out banners get curated before) so it's hard to tell.
    Last edited by Antonok; 2017-11-30 at 09:42 PM.
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

4. - Top - End - #34
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Was sitting at 350 mythril with a whole lot to mine in story dungeons, so I did a pull on FFTA. 2/11, and not a good two: Ramza's chant (can't envision a scenario where I want Ramza along and not for shout), and Meliadoul's burst. The burst could be useful on some other folks, but when I want to debuff something, I have uber-Setzer. The relic doesn't even have any boost on it, so I'll use it as much as the real Meliadoul got used in FFT.

Disappointing, for sure, but I don't want to try pulling again, as crazy powerful as the full Marche experience is.

Spoiler: Pull plans for me:
    Show

IX: Skip, sadly. Vivi's USB and BSB2 are good, but I don't like Garnet's skillset for her USB (two R4 summons is almost required to make her offensive). Steiner's BSB2 is really bad and his USB, though flavor-accurate, would be tough to use in reality since you have to use an attack spell on him to activate en-element of the same type. Marcus' bsb is AoE Vaan, which is nice, but not worth it for me.

XIII: Good Ice on B1, but have Squall BSB2 and Ayame burst, don't need ice.

XII: Pull on 1. Vaan and Ashe Ultras are beefy, Balthier's isn't too bad, and Penelo's BSB2 is like Relm's but better.

Fest(?):I have wind, water, and earth chains. Using the standard rule that debuts on fest banners will stay, we should get a shot at Kain, Seymour, and Krile's chains. All would be good additions for me. Probably two pulls at most, though.

VI:Maybe pull on 2... Locke's fire chain should be there, and I'd rather have his chain than Krile's. Could be a skip here though.

III:The big one! Format change: 4 6* items, 6 BSBs, 4 LMR. OK gets his USBs, CoD gets a handy party magic buff + doom BSB, Ingus gets earth radiant shield... OK's BSB is one of the duds, which is how good this banner is. Pulling once here, maybe 2 if we get mythril blessed/the dungeon update that allows for stamina overflow here.

Water relic banner:Have Tidus' Chain, probably have to skip. Edge USB would be great but I'll live.

Girls Record collection:Don't remember if this was half cost or first pull half, or just full cost. Will pull at half, walk away otherwise.

Type-0:Objectively a good banner, but Rem's stuff is built for skills that won't exist for months (diada mostly). Also, thinking about Type-0 makes me want to unleash a string of profanities, so skip.

XIV:Nah.

I (thief)Ok, this one's interesting. Garland's USB is a dark-chaser that adds a 2-hit, 4.5* potency drain strike after every darkness attack, meaning you can spam sanguine cross nonstop. Sara's USB is Rikku's minus protect and plus HP Stock 2000, and on a healer- I have her BSB as well so that'd complement it quite well. Master's USB needs a critfix to shine, but I've got Zell and Eiko's. Garland's BSB2 is here, and it's a dark-elemental version of Squall's BSB2. It's not as good because of their LM support, but strong nonetheless. Banner 2 has holy and dark limit chains on it, and Matoya's USB has a chase called TCELES B HSUP, which warms my heart... or will until DeNA translates it as something bizarre. Probably skip because...

THUNDER GOD ULTRA: Get ready to hate Alma! In seriousness, I don't have Orlandu's OSB. I don't have Marche's stuff. Ramza's BSB2 is pretty good, though command 1 doesn't generate any SB, which is very limiting. Pulling once, and seeing if the banners for 3rd anniversary leak before making a second.

VIII: This was a short "hey, remember Irvine? He exists" event. 3rd anniversary should hit around this, so no.

3rd Anniversary: Ok, here's what JP got for its extra pull options, if you're interested:
    • 15 cult of 3 pulls, 5 mythril per pull. G1 5*+ per pull. Each pull is from a single realm, from 15/0/T to 14, then 13, all the way down to 1. SSB/LMR+.
    • Realm present draw: Free 11-pull, giant relic pool like the 30-pull was. Afterward, pick one set of 3 relics from a list. This list is usually main character OSB, main character BSB, main healer SSB. Notable choices are II for Firion's BSB, VII for Sephiroth's BSB2, and X for Tidus' water+ OSB sword.
    • 33-pull, G6*. First one's free! Can make a second pull for 50 mythril.
    • 3 gem-only pulls with bonus relic select, if you're into that sort of thing.

There was about 75 bonus mythril given out, IIRC, so you'll probably want to save up 50 for the extra 33 pull.

3rd will give us Tyro's USB3, a USB for Zack, a new, great USB for Yuffie, as well as a BSB2 for her. UOSBs and flashes for Lightning, Terra, Squall, Luneth, and... Yuffie again, for some reason. That's new, and so far they've always kept those around for global. JP banner 1 had Ultrawall, Marche USB, and OK mage USB with Iris and Ramza BSBs as well as Marche/Tyro/OK LMRs. That is likely too awesome for us to retain, and I await them slipping Yuna's USB and Faris' BSB onto it.

I'm at 300 mythril right now, and that's 300 mythril I definitely want to spend before 3rd anniversary in March. I think that leaves me in decent enough shape, though it wouldn't hurt to get a little lucky draw luck in there.
    Last edited by Greg_S; 2017-11-30 at 10:56 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Bugbear in the Playground

Haven’t been using my stamina the last couple days - too busy with family, job search, and stuff (also a bit grumpy from missing out on Rydia stuff).

Have grabbed all the Mithras but the last two jump starts were out of my reach.

The FFTA banner is up though and I decided to 100 gem and 50 mythril seeming that Ramza LM.

100 gem - Marche SSB. Pretty solid but not something I’m likely to use.
    50 mythril - 2/11 - 1 rainbow 1 disco.

Disco first - Ramza USB Dupe. :( I already grabbed 3 of these so I’m unsure what I’ll do with this one.

Rainbow because I got something I wanted - Ramza BSB2 - super shout! Less awesome now that I have Shout after all but still pretty darn neat.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, I did my planned 11 pull on the FFTA banner. Didn't get a disco, which I was hoping for(wanted Ramza's USB), I instead got 2x Marche's SSB, and Ramza's LMR, which seems pretty sweet actually.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

Well Tactics is Tactics, and i got 4 rainbows.

Agrias' BSB (3rd Dupe so I can't even combine it)
    Ramza's LM (Well that'll put something in his other slot until I can finish diving him)
    Agrias' LM (Not bad at all really)
    Ramza's Chant (Second Dupe, so it's maxed out now.)
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2017-12-01 at 06:25 AM.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

As I mentioned, I made an 11-pull on the Tactics 1 banner. 1/11, no Rainbows, but fortunately no dupes either (so no Tidus' laugh here). Sadly, not sure if the best pull:

• Marche's Linen Cuirass! So, the little rascal got his burst, which...is pretty much entirely superfluous with Agrias and Ramza. For one, it offers Sentinel, which Agrias has...but she offers Imperil Holy, which is even better. He ALSO offers an ATK/DEF buff...but Ramza already has Shout. And the party is pretty tight on people, so he might share Team B with Gaffy, Marach and Rapha.

...Well, that's one dupe I have to worry on the THUNDER GOD BANNER. Drek.

As for what I've done - Skinner-Natus hasn't been beaten yet, and trying to do MPApoc!CryBabyDaddy with CryBa...I mean Tidus is turning into a headache. I had ONE good chance (Tidus, Rikku for Imperil, Lion for debuffs, plus Yuna and Y'sh for double heals), and I almost had it, but Lion had died earlier on, and one of his Overdrive attacks took everyone else but Rikku, when he was roughly at 10% of his HP. Sadly, I couldn't do Ultra -> OSB to capitalize on the damage. So close. So DARN close. But his attacks pretty much ALL ignore Defense, so you need to murder his ATK, and his ATK is just insanely high. I mean, 5k for a DEF-ignoring attack? Bollocks! Then there's the problem that I can't get into MP proper, which is why I've had to try it solo.

Other than that, FFX quests are complete, so I can start with the Grand Ivalice Mish-Mash event.
    Retooler of D&D 3.5 (and 5e/Next) content. See here for more.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    Quote Originally Posted by firebrandtoluc View Post
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.
    T.G. Oskar profile by Specter.

9. - Top - End - #39

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by T.G. Oskar View Post
    As I mentioned, I made an 11-pull on the Tactics 1 banner. 1/11, no Rainbows, but fortunately no dupes either (so no Tidus' laugh here). Sadly, not sure if the best pull:

• Marche's Linen Cuirass! So, the little rascal got his burst, which...is pretty much entirely superfluous with Agrias and Ramza. For one, it offers Sentinel, which Agrias has...but she offers Imperil Holy, which is even better. He ALSO offers an ATK/DEF buff...but Ramza already has Shout. And the party is pretty tight on people, so he might share Team B with Gaffy, Marach and Rapha.

...Well, that's one dupe I have to worry on the THUNDER GOD BANNER. Drek.
    Marche's BSB is an atk/mnd boost- I think that's currently unique in GL (Aemo from Dimensions 2 has one on her medica BSB if we get it), so it'll stack with everything. The commands aren't powerful on their own, but C1 is a 3-turn 15% Knight damage buff, and C2's Sentinel can buff guardbringer's hit count. Marche is one of 3 characters with a doublecast Knight LM2 (Dorgann and Beatrix the others), so if you were to commit the motes, you could lifesiphon into the BSB, then C2, C1, Guardbringer x3, and likely get at least one extra guardbringer cast in there. Subsequent BSB uses could skip C2 and just do the knight buff. Agrias could use either her burst commands, or when it comes in the TGC event, Assault Saber for more holy blasting.

It's a workable burst, though the lack of enholy hurts it.

In other news, redditor Krissco has managed to mostly-solo Sealion with Galuf. I don't know if this is more or less impressive than when the same user soloed boundless Nemesis with Galuf.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Greg_S View Post
    Marche's BSB is an atk/mnd boost- I think that's currently unique in GL (Aemo from Dimensions 2 has one on her medica BSB if we get it), so it'll stack with everything. The commands aren't powerful on their own, but C1 is a 3-turn 15% Knight damage buff, and C2's Sentinel can buff guardbringer's hit count. Marche is one of 3 characters with a doublecast Knight LM2 (Dorgann and Beatrix the others), so if you were to commit the motes, you could lifesiphon into the BSB, then C2, C1, Guardbringer x3, and likely get at least one extra guardbringer cast in there. Subsequent BSB uses could skip C2 and just do the knight buff. Agrias could use either her burst commands, or when it comes in the TGC event, Assault Saber for more holy blasting.

It's a workable burst, though the lack of enholy hurts it.

In other news, redditor Krissco has managed to mostly-solo Sealion with Galuf. I don't know if this is more or less impressive than when the same user soloed boundless Nemesis with Galuf.
    ATK/MND? ...Huh, it flew through me. Still, it has some pretty wild competition.

For starters, Agrias' Burst. She provides Imperil Holy on entry, which is a cornerstone of a good Team Holy. She also provides Sentinel, but she boosts her RES, making her a more classic tank than Marche does. His Knight dmg+ makes him more offensive, but in the end, you need more than that.

Then, in terms of flexibility, I set Reks' Burst. His Boostga is a bit more common (ATK/DEF), but he provides Hastega (which is good on its own), his Command 2 is a %-based Heal, and is overall more useful.

But, let's just go with the entry benefit - ATK/MND. Good, it stacks - but Ramza already outdoes him BADLY. He has three sources of ATK boosting (Shout, Nu!Shout and History's Truth). Just going by his new Burst (ATK +50% PLUS Hastega, and Command 2 is Wrath, so he can turn into an Entrust Battery in seconds flat).

So: he can't tank as appropriately as Agrias (or as the Tanking Trio - Golbez, Seifer and Gilgamesh OR Ingus), his Support is so-so (Ramza outdoes him BADLY), and his flexibility isn't that massive either (Onion Knight and Reks...well, rekt him). That said, he has a pretty wide niche where he can be useful, as he can tank and still be a pretty decent healer with +MND while not losing offensive (KNT +15% dmg means Guardbringer will do more damage on average), but it relies on setup mostly (reaching ATK cap, DEF cap with Wall + DEF boosters, and using Burst and Knight damage boost) to draw that extra edge on Guardbringer.

...Maybe I'll bring him against Hydra, once Earthbringer comes online? That's another way to take advantage of Marche's Knight damage boost.
    Now with a comprehensive guide for 3.5 Paladin players porting to Pathfinder. Also available for 5th Edition
    On Lawful Good:
    My friend is currently playing a paladin. It's way outside his normal zone. I told him to try to channel Santa Claus, Mr. Rogers, and Kermit the Frog. Until someone refuses to try to get off the naughty list. Then become Optimus Prime.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Delita just keeps getting better. Was looking through my relics to see if I had a physical dark BSB to pair with Garland's CSB, and I discovered I had Delita's BSB. Just means I'm missing his LMR.

And I do have a dark BSB. I have Gaffy's BSB. Not optimal, and yet another FFT character, but it's an EnDark and I can always hone Reaping Scythe.

Still wondering if it wouldn't be better just to try and fit both Garland and Raines in a mixed team.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?

Steam Profile

12. - Top - End - #42

RedWizardGuy

@Antonio: If there's one element I have no issues, it's Darkness, and from my recent experience Jecht and Raines works well. Since Gaffy's BSB is quite better than Jecht's, and you seem to be going for Darkness chain instead of Imperil, no worries.

Raines is very self sufficient on buffs (Memento Mori, BSB entry, Command 2), and command 1 fills so fast the chain, you should do pretty ok.

And Delita's BSB is very efficient on damage, if you have the crit chance boosting. Boring, but pragmatic. It suffers a bit from "isn't better to bring a SB that debuffs enemy or buffs party plus damage"? When the right answer is "already have enough, just deal damage", he seems perfect.

And soon I'm going to pull on banner 2, fine with whatever, except LM/11, unless Ovelia's. Actually hoping for Ovelia's stuff. Crossing my fingers.
    Last edited by Slayn82; 2017-12-02 at 08:09 PM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slayn82 View Post
    Raines is very self sufficient on buffs (Memento Mori, BSB entry, Command 2), and command 1 fills so fast the chain, you should do pretty ok.
    I'm leaning more towards Garland/Raines. Both are fairly self sufficient in being able to self boost damage, and Raines can quite definitely fill that chain far faster. I just don't have anything akin to OK BSB for an att+mag+haste all in one.

And Delita's BSB is very efficient on damage, if you have the crit chance boosting. Boring, but pragmatic. It suffers a bit from "isn't better to bring a SB that debuffs enemy or buffs party plus damage"? When the right answer is "already have enough, just deal damage", he seems perfect.
    Just seems interesting I accumulated his SSB, BSB, and USB pretty much without acknowledging he existed lol. His BSB does have the benefit of the commands being Spellblade so his LM2 double cast works with them. Don't have to worry about honing extreme levels of spellblades.

And soon I'm going to pull on banner 2, fine with whatever, except LM/11, unless Ovelia's. Actually hoping for Ovelia's stuff. Crossing my fingers.
    I'd wish you luck, but you don't want my luck Would come away 1/11 Steiner LMR

Steam Profile

14. - Top - End - #44

RedWizardGuy

And Banner 2 is here! I'm going in, thanks for the good luck vows. :drumroll:

3/11, 1 disco - Gaffgarion's USB and BSB, Montblanc's Relic LM. Not bad, not bad at all. Gaff will do better than Jecht, and his USB explodes along well with Shadow's USB. Darkness and Lightning teams got ridiculously overpowered compared with other elements.

Because of that, don't feel like doing a second pull later this week, maybe I will simply wait for the rumored, future, choose a LM Relic banner and take Ovelia's dual cast there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    Now you have me picturing someone using a Pretentious Fantasy Sword of Destiny for mundane tasks.

"It is called Chirodin, Blade of Eternity! It was forged in the heart of the sun by the god Dathir, using the moon as a hammer and the corpse of Turtaris, Mother of All Dragons, as an anvil. No physical barrier can divert its blow, for it always goes exactly where its wielder wills it. So, as you can imagine, it cuts simply amazing flank steaks!"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ogre in the Playground

@Slayn82 grats on the pull. I would like Gaff's USB to go with his BSB but too much coming up and mithril is tight.

In magicite news, Golem has been killed. Puts me to 4/8 now, with Hydra, Living Flame, Mist Dragon, and Shadow Dragon left to go.

Living Flame will meet his end to Rydia USB + trance Shantotto with chain waterga (No dive Edge with just BSB sucks btw).
    Mist Dragon will fall to a dived Raines + Chain.
    Shadow Dragon I don't know. I have strong holy, but it may take some tweaking before I get it.
    Hydra I'm just hoping to cheese the hell out of with Raines + Dark Chain. If not I'm likely going to have to hone the crap out of chain stonga and hope to mage him.

Steam Profile

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

I pulled Chant today, and took the JS on. I used TGCid BSB with Cloud USB RW, Chant, Rikku USB, and Shout, and while each BSB cast made it in under RW, I wasn't cracking 20k a hit like I thought I would. Is it due to increased stats and decreased element vulnerability?
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    I pulled Chant today, and took the JS on. I used TGCid BSB with Cloud USB RW, Chant, Rikku USB, and Shout, and while each BSB cast made it in under RW, I wasn't cracking 20k a hit like I thought I would. Is it due to increased stats and decreased element vulnerability?
    Using the handy damage calculator, I managed it using +30% Dark damage RM, 2 +dark gear and full dive. Was hitting roughly 21k a hit.

I think the issue you had is you hit the softcap and didn't have any damage type buffs, or boosted holy instead of dark.

Steam Profile

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Using the handy damage calculator, I managed it using +30% Dark damage RM, 2 +dark gear and full dive. Was hitting roughly 21k a hit.

I think the issue you had is you hit the softcap and didn't have any damage type buffs, or boosted holy instead of dark.
    Sounds about right. I don't really have much for physical +Dark, and I have a Saintly EXCALIBUR++.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

19. - Top - End - #49

Ah, the FFTA Jump Start battle meant that I was finally able to finish Shelke's legend dive! And good gravy, it makes a world of difference. My Mist Dragon time just dropped from a just-over-30-seconds-at-best to a pretty consistent 25s. And even that would probably be faster if I could use her instacasts to get Fabula Raider up ASAP, but I don't think I can squeak through that one without wall RW.

I'm very confident that I can sub-30 Shadow Dragon now as well, but I'm less certain about Fenrir, Golem, and Hydra. We'll see though - right now, I've just got a lot of magicite keystones to burn through, period.

Weirdly, I'm finding that I'm sort of piling up MC3s as well as a decent collection of 5* motes. It kinda feels like it's not worth spending any unless I happen upon a key USB at this point, and those are few and far between. On the upside... Dungeon Update coming up soon, so fingers crossed!
    Merlin the Tuna

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    Dungeon Update coming up soon, so fingers crossed!
    Yup. DU is tomorrow featuring VII, XII, and XIII-2. Personally going to skip this one. More than half the banner is SSBs which frankly, aren't even worth much as synergy anymore. And the dupe chance from VII alone is really high.

Also tomorrow, moar accessories in the gyshal shop! But more interesting to me, Unlimited Major Growth Eggs will be available.

Third: The next Crystal Tower with banners is expected to drop on the 9th. FFIV, FFX, FFT, and FFVII are the realms so expect banners tailored to those.

Fourth, the Daily Dungeon update will be dropping in just 2 weeks!

Fifth (and I think last), the IX event will drop on Thursday. Garnet, Rusty, and Vivi get USBs here.

Steam Profile

21. - Top - End - #51

Chimera

I also finished the Shelke dive, and finally knocked off Shadow Dragon thanks to her. Sloppy fight, about 47 seconds, I think. Ended up going with Raines BSB and Hope BSB/OSB (eew) for offense. OK showed up for VoF, protectga, and then ate Raines' mori before dying to black fang.

I don't think I have the tools to realistically sub-30 it, unfortunately. If I had two living entrusters I could perhaps do it with Hope, but I can't get my DPS off the ground fast enough. I can probably do Golem thanks to Cloud/Zack, Liquid Flame with Edge BSB-ninja spam/Shelke/Tidus Chain, and Hydra with Ingus chaining for Tifa and Maria. Maybe I'll have better banner luck and crack those one or two missing tools, whatever they are.

The next crystal tower is... Ugh. They tone it down a bit after this one, FWIW. Reddit thread from JP here.
    My suggested order: Diamond Weapon, Mateus (T), Yojimbo, Barb. Diamond Weapon requires a ton of DPS and loses the lightning weakness. It's absolutely doable without Cloud USB, but you need to focus heavily on DPS. Chain teams are good here, as are characters like Vaan with debuff SBs who aren't primary supports. You probably don't have time to do layers of imperil stacking on it unless that imperil's part of a big hitter like Agrias/Beatrix BSB entries.

Mateus is the same as the current event's Mateus. Astra and dark attacks are preferred. Physical is probably the better choice if you can bring it because its physicals are ranged and powerful enough to eat mages alive. I did a mage team on JP for this fight and it worked, though I never felt safe- spellbind just hurts.

We just fought Yojimbo, same old physical beatstick with a minor water weakness. Still can gang up on you with the doggy, but at least draw fire can take some of the heat off of you.

Barb's the easiest fight here but has that annoying dragoon condition to stop her spin. She loves countering mages but will wreck front row characters with her HP=1 move. Plus, the other 3 fights may have already drained your good physical reserves. You may need to use a mage team with KO resist accessories to power through her counters.

22. - Top - End - #52

I also finished the Shelke dive, and finally knocked off Shadow Dragon thanks to her. Sloppy fight, about 47 seconds, I think. Ended up going with Raines BSB and Hope BSB/OSB (eew) for offense. OK showed up for VoF, protectga, and then ate Raines' mori before dying to black fang.

I don't think I have the tools to realistically sub-30 it, unfortunately. If I had two living entrusters I could perhaps do it with Hope, but I can't get my DPS off the ground fast enough.
    That's actually pretty close to my setup, and I was hitting about 32s in my previous runs: Raines BSB (fully dived) and Hope BSB1+BSB2. Since diving Shelke and netting Hope's OSB, I'm thinking it should be very doable, though I'm also getting help from Yuna BSB2 for an extra faithga. I'll give it another go today or tomorrow and share the setup if all goes well; hopefully you get some mileage out of it.
    Merlin the Tuna

23. - Top - End - #53

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin the Tuna View Post
    That's actually pretty close to my setup, and I was hitting about 32s in my previous runs: Raines BSB (fully dived) and Hope BSB1+BSB2. Since diving Shelke and netting Hope's OSB, I'm thinking it should be very doable, though I'm also getting help from Yuna BSB2 for an extra faithga. I'll give it another go today or tomorrow and share the setup if all goes well; hopefully you get some mileage out of it.
    Hmm. I've got a fully dived Raines with Terra's OSB sword, fully rosetta'd up, and a holy+ robe. I didn't get any doublecasts, which hurt. I was topping out at 20K per cast, which was underwhelming. Hope's OSB was hitting in the 90s, which worked. Raines was triple-boosted from C2/BSB/OK, and Hope got OK/Raines/faith boosted. One thing that hurts me is my magicite selection- I've got nothing of value right now, which is cutting my holy damage quite a bit, and I'm not getting the extra 40-50 bonus mag I would from maxed-out magicites.

Let's talk about tonight's Lucky Draw. I looked at the pool more closely, and it's pretty bad. I counted 9 things I wanted against over 40 dupes. I know it's half cost and all, but I might skip it.

Breaking out the pool a little more:

Spoiler: DU LD pool
    Show

Chains: 1/144 (Zack)
    EX mode USBs (this excludes things like Tifa's- EX modes are highlighted because they synergize really well with skills): 9/144
    En-element (includes LMR): 27/144
    Imperil: 13/144
    Stat debuffs: 15/144
    Elemental boost gear (non-RS): 27/144 (10 are dark+)
    SSB: 54, and there's some old, terrible stuff here- Organics! Aerith's reraise! Raines' SSBs! Lightning and Cloud's BSB1s!

Further complicating things is that there's an XII event right around the corner, and a XIII-2 event as well. Yeah... I'm probably going to save the mythril, and may do so in the future if they don't theme or curate these better at this point.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

And DU is up! If it's half-price, I'm pulling, and... 3/11!
    • Vincent's SSB Shotgun. Not terrible by SSB standards, but I could do better. +MAG gun, at least.
    • Cait Sith's SSB Battle Trumpet. The Crit-raising is a neat buff, but let's be honest... Nah.
    • Tifa's BSB Oversoul. My only BSB this pull, and it's a dupe. So... Neat.

Bit of a dud pull, yeah, but that's to be expected. Still, if it's half-price, I'm pulling.

Luck on yours!
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

25. - Top - End - #55
    Firbolg in the Playground

DU LD pull: 2/11 both discos... I really need sime XII gear aince that is severely lacking synergy

1st: Vincent's USB gun- Unexpected but neato!

2nd: Penelo's USB armor- Well not exaclry what I wanted but I will take it... XII has 2 healers one with an astra BSB amd the ither with an instant cast phys blink with stock.

Overall pretty good
    Blarg...

26. - Top - End - #56

What, we're fighting Mateus again? Between the first dungeon in the FFT event, the +++ boss fight, the A+ fight, the JS fight, two MP fights, and now the Crystal Tower, that's what, seven appearances at once? I realize it's getting harder to find new bosses, but sheesh...

Anyway, did a pull on the Lucky Draw, wasn't expecting much and got surprised. Vincent's USB (I already have his burst, making him pretty much the god of magic fire,) Gabranth's USB (I already have his burst, making him pretty much co-god of physical dark with Sephiroth,) and Fran's LM (don't have anything else for her, but the LM seems like it might help in CMs at least.) All in all, pretty cool for 25 mithril.

WHat's the story with Shelke, anyway? Do you just use her LD RM2 to wrath+entrust quickly, or is there more to it? I got her Countertek SSB a little while back and was wondering if she was worth leveling without something better.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Man I'm falling behind on dungeons, I haven't finished the normal ones from the last DU. Anyway, time to pull!

Bah, only one rainbow. And its Reks' SSB. I've never even used him at all. And it's not that great. Bah, back to farming in FGO.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #58

Hmm. I've got a fully dived Raines with Terra's OSB sword, fully rosetta'd up, and a holy+ robe. I didn't get any doublecasts, which hurt. I was topping out at 20K per cast, which was underwhelming. Hope's OSB was hitting in the 90s, which worked. Raines was triple-boosted from C2/BSB/OK, and Hope got OK/Raines/faith boosted. One thing that hurts me is my magicite selection- I've got nothing of value right now, which is cutting my holy damage quite a bit, and I'm not getting the extra 40-50 bonus mag I would from maxed-out magicites.
    Ah yeah, building up the magicite reserves definitely helps, even if it can be a little subtle. At any rate, after a bit of tinkering, I was able to get this setup under 30s.

Yuna: Shellga - BSB2 - Mako Might
    Tyro: Lifesiphon, Entrust - USB1 - Dr. Mog's Teachings
    Shelke: Wrath, Entrust - Battleforged (LD'd)
    Raines: Memento Mori - BSB - Scholar's Boon
    Hope: Alexander - BSB1, OSB - Gathering Storm
    RW: Wall

The shtick:
    Shelke uses Wrath-Wrath-Entrust to Raines.
    Raines uses Memento Mori on Tyro, then BSB into C1 spam. (No need for C2)
    Hope casts the RW, then Alexander spam for meter.
    Yuna casts Shellga, then BSB2, then heals.
    Tyro casts USB, then Lifesiphons himself, and finally Entrusts the remainder to Hope just before eating the Black Fang.

I need to tinker with my equipment a bit, because Tyro's stock + Yuna's heal actually left everyone at full HP. Black Fang ended up hitting Yuna instead, and to my surprise, a single Enkidu heal was enough to keep me going for the win. But bottom line, this is definitely sub-30-able with Hope + Raines + Shelke.

And for what it's worth, my sub-60 time was very similar. Tyro carried Dr. Mog's Teachings and Entrusted it over to Raines on turn one; he skipped MM entirely, and Krile provided a hastega+faithga instead. I was running Vanille with Gathering Storm as my healer as well, so that's one more faithga down.

In other news, my LD was 1/11. It was a disco, but that disco was Lightning's OSB. Given that I've got her USB and Shantotto's lightning chain, that's pretty much straight outdated tech. Better than a dupe though. (Probably?)
    Merlin the Tuna

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Antonok View Post
    Yup. DU is tomorrow featuring VII, XII, and XIII-2. Personally going to skip this one. More than half the banner is SSBs which frankly, aren't even worth much as synergy anymore. And the dupe chance from VII alone is really high.
    Gonna skip it as well. The combination is a bit uncomfortable (VII and XIII, meaning a chance at Mama's Boy OR Fem!Cloud), and XII doesn't entice me to pull. Last thing I need is 1/11, and a Mama's Boy dupe at that. Those are 25 Mythril saved for the Christmas' Event, provided there's a LD set for that.

Tried the Crystal Tower. Squall was annoying, but died to a combination of Kefka, Kuja and Golbez, with Gordon providing Last Stand and Lenna providing Reraise, in order to remain alive. Slow damage, but after a while it picked up. Scylla died in an absurdly unceremonial way, what with Onion Knight, Luneth and Refia outright murdering it. Adamantoise, however...erm, that's still a tough nut to crack. Went with Team Lightning (Ashe, Laguna, Rapha) plus Reks and THUNDER GOD as tank, and I still get my bum handed down to me. Maybe it's because I don't have a dedicated healer, or that my damage reduction is kinda low...or, let's face it, my damage sucks. Ashe did the most damage after her Burst, while Laguna was dealing less than 1k per blow with his Burst Entry), and my best hopes were going with THUNDER GOD TECHNIQUE to deal the most damage, while Rapha and Reks were providing healing. Had to drop out (yeah, I know, bad idea) in order to do the Tuesdailies, but I'll try again tomorrow, figuring out how to deal with Adamantoise on the way. Adel will be a pain, but most of my A-Team should be ready for it. That, and Seifer, who'll be the tank for the night.

All in all, the parties should be:
    • Squall: Kuja, Kefka, Gordon, Lenna, Golbez
    • Scylla: Onion Knight, Refia, Luneth, 1 healer, whoever.
    • Adamantoise: Ashe, Orlandeau, Laguna, 1 healer or Rapha, Ramza or Reks
    • Adel + Rinoa: Seifer, Vaan, Y'sh or Vanille, two damage dealers.

Since Dr. Mog is the forced RW, that leaves Magicite choices, and luckily Enkidu is solid enough to work.
    Last edited by T.G. Oskar; 2017-12-06 at 12:21 AM.
    On Lawful Good:

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

DrowGuy

Gabranth En-Dark USB, with dark attacks reducing delay.
    Reno En-lightning Legend Materia
    Penelo white magic damage/healing BSB
    Snow SSB, party crit chance up and individual retaliate

Man, the only "feh...whatever" is Snow's. No real gamechangers, but not bad.