New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (IC IV) San Francisco by Night: A Requiem in Fog

Rachel will get somewhere where she can watch the main entrance to the restaurant while being far enough away that Victor wouldn't neccessarily see her. If they left together she intended to follow them.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Moments later, Anna gets a series of reply texts from Victor, "Anything serious?", "I can meet in maybe two hours, but can call you after I feed, if that's alright.", "She messaged you about this? Jesus!" "Don't worry, I'll be a gentleman."

(OOC: Karl is now down to 2/5 WP)

Meanwhile, Karl pulls Tony aside. After a little discussion, Tony provides Karl with the number for a man named Gale Edbert, who can get them what they need. He explains that the man runs an exterminator service called "Bugs Blown Up". "All you gotta do is tell him you 'have a special problem' and need 'the works'. You can tell him you heard about Bugs Blown Up from me."

From outside, Rachel watches as Victor picks up his ringing phone and sends it to voicemail. Moments later, he is busy texting. Lucy's expression shifts slowly into one of frustration.
    Spoiler: Games I am Currently Running
    Show
    San Francisco by Night (Vampire the Requiem 2E)

New Bedford by Night (Werewolf the Forsaken 2E)

New Orleans by Night (Changeling the Lost 2E)

3. - Top - End - #453
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
    Moments later, Anna gets a series of reply texts from Victor, "Anything serious?", "I can meet in maybe two hours, but can call you after I feed, if that's alright.", "She messaged you about this? Jesus!" "Don't worry, I'll be a gentleman."

(OOC: Karl is now down to 2/5 WP)

Meanwhile, Karl pulls Tony aside. After a little discussion, Tony provides Karl with the number for a man named Gale Edbert, who can get them what they need. He explains that the man runs an exterminator service called "Bugs Blown Up". "All you gotta do is tell him you 'have a special problem' and need 'the works'. You can tell him you heard about Bugs Blown Up from me."

From outside, Rachel watches as Victor picks up his ringing phone and sends it to voicemail. Moments later, he is busy texting. Lucy's expression shifts slowly into one of frustration.
    "Yeah must be real important to her," Anna texted back, "two hours should be fine. Ping me when you're done."
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel is content to wait outside the restuarant until Victor leaves or she hears back from Anna.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Anna gets a quick message back, "Sounds good. Just let me know where I'm meeting you."

(OOC: Assuming you are done with Tony's, where to now?)

Perhaps it is a reception issue, but Rachel finally receives Anna's response (OOC: In case you missed this in a prior TC post)

"Is this really important considering what's about to go down tonight?" she thought.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Karl nods and steps to the side to make the call, giving the recipient the passphrase when they pick up.
    "No man is an island, entire of itself, every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main... Any man's death diminishes me because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls, it tolls for thee." -John Donne-
    Guides, tables, and other useful tools for 5E D&D

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Anna walks back to Karl to wait for him to finish his call.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #458
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Rachel watches from outside as Victor finally puts the phone away, staying in the shadows and out of view of the two inside. The two remain inside, continuing their date. At first it seems like the atmosphere of the date has soured, but slowly the two fall back into what appears to be at least pleasant conversation. They remain talking for almost another hour.

Finally the two get up from their table and walk out of the bar. Rachel is forced to slink farther into the shadows, moving around the side of the building to remain hidden. From around the corner though she can hear their conversation. Victor comments on how it was a lovely evening, and Lucy agrees, telling him she would love to do it again some time. But when Victor invites her back to his place, she politely declines, and with an uncomfortable attempt at kindness offers that maybe another night would be better.

Rachel can hear as the two depart, and Lucy foot steps (heeled boots clopping on the sidewalk) draw closer as she walks down the side of the building, past Rachel's hiding place.

(OOC: Won't wrap it up yet unless you want to)

It's a man who picks up Karl's phone call, his voice low and tired sounding. But when Karl says he "has a special problem and need 'the works'," the man's voice rises with surprise. "I see," the man says wearily, "well in that case, I can be there in a little under an hour. I'll need a road large enough for a trailer, so I hope your home isn't on a small residential street." He lets the implication hang for a second before asking, "Where should I meet you then?"
    Show

9. - Top - End - #459
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will wait a moment to see if the pair separated or if either got in a car. From a distance, if Victor intended to harm Lucy he was hiding it well.

Arguably whatever else might be going on tonight was none of her concern. On the other hand she'd get no benefit from dealing with the Hounds if she wasn't willing to put the work in. Much as she was willing to follow the pair home if neccessary she was obliged to trust Victor for the moment. If nothing else happened she'll return to her car and go looking for the others.

Spoiler
    Show

I won't push it then.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl shrugs and makes a questioning face at Anna. To the man on the other line he says, "Hold on one second," then puts a hand over the receiver. To Anna he says, "What do you think? I don't know what else we want to get done, but maybe at the hospital parking lot? They don't allow visitors this late so we would probably have some privacy. Otherwise, is there somewhere else you were hoping to swing by that we could use as a meet up point?"
    Show

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Karl shrugs and makes a questioning face at Anna. To the man on the other line he says, "Hold on one second," then puts a hand over the receiver. To Anna he says, "What do you think? I don't know what else we want to get done, but maybe at the hospital parking lot? They don't allow visitors this late so we would probably have some privacy. Otherwise, is there somewhere else you were hoping to swing by that we could use as a meet up point?"
    “Yeah that should be fine, as long as we can get to where we need to be with the stuff afterwards,” Anna replied.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-02-10 at 08:44 PM.
    TC for short

12. - Top - End - #462
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Karl nods at Anna and replies, "Alright. Wanna message Rachel and see if she can meet us there then?"

He'll turn his attention back to the phone, removing his hand from the receiver. "Great, I've got the location..." He will finish his conversation, instructing the man to meet him and Anna in the back of the parking lot of the Psychiatric Hospital.

(OOC: Unless anyone wants to do anything else, my thought would be to have the group convene at the Psych hospital for the meet up with the arms dealer. If everyone is alright with that, feel free to just post your character/characters arriving in the next scene so that we can keep things moving a little)
    Show

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will wait for the others in the carpark of the psych hospital where she'll keep an eye out for anyone that plausibly might be an arms dealer.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

Karl nods at Anna and replies, "Alright. Wanna message Rachel and see if she can meet us there then?"

He'll turn his attention back to the phone, removing his hand from the receiver. "Great, I've got the location..." He will finish his conversation, instructing the man to meet him and Anna in the back of the parking lot of the Psychiatric Hospital.

(OOC: Unless anyone wants to do anything else, my thought would be to have the group convene at the Psych hospital for the meet up with the arms dealer. If everyone is alright with that, feel free to just post your character/characters arriving in the next scene so that we can keep things moving a little)
    Anna made a stop by the haven to pick up extra kevlar vests and weapons, then arrived at the hospital to meet the others. On the way, she texted the location to Victor and Julien, and called her cousin Katie.

"Hey, just checking in, how's things?" she asked. "Looks like I probably won't be able to meet up tonight. Are you getting up to anything?"
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-02-12 at 09:06 AM.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Katie's tone shifts from excited and bubbly to guarded when Anna says she can't meet up. "Oh, I don't know," she replies, her tone dropping. There is a pause, and Anna can hear her cousin take a deep breath in and out, "Anna, what is it this time. I feel like you are always bailing on me...." Her voice trails off, then her voice climbs as she asks, "Is it something I did?"

Rachel arrives at the hospital parking lot, parks and waits. A car pulls up after a little over ten minutes, a black pristine sports car pulls up. The door opens, and of all people/Kindred, Victor steps out. A grin spreads across the Dragon's face as he catches sight of Rachel. "Well," he says, beaming with mirth, "long time no see." He shakes his head and chuckles.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Katie's tone shifts from excited and bubbly to guarded when Anna says she can't meet up. "Oh, I don't know," she replies, her tone dropping. There is a pause, and Anna can hear her cousin take a deep breath in and out, "Anna, what is it this time. I feel like you are always bailing on me...." Her voice trails off, then her voice climbs as she asks, "Is it something I did?"

Rachel arrives at the hospital parking lot, parks and waits. A car pulls up after a little over ten minutes, a black pristine sports car pulls up. The door opens, and of all people/Kindred, Victor steps out. A grin spreads across the Dragon's face as he catches sight of Rachel. "Well," he says, beaming with mirth, "long time no see." He shakes his head and chuckles.
    "No, not at all," Anna replied to Katie, "you know my job is like this. How do you think I can afford all the stuff I buy? It's a tradeoff. Unfortunately, sometimes it means I can't hang out whenever I want. Not yet anyway. At least I was able to call you this time. How is school, how are your friends, your roommates?"

She chatted for a little bit until she arrived at her destination.

"I've gotta run, text you soon," she said.

She stepped out of her car at the gathering of Kindred.
    "Hope this is enough," she thought.

"Hey Victor, thanks for coming," she said, then she turned to the others, "I need to have a word with him first, Ordo business."

She led him a few feet away and spoke quietly.
    "If you get the chance tonight, I want you to try to dominate Nova and get her to tell us where Lady Miho's mirror is," she said. "If we can recover it, I'll be sure to let her know your part, and maybe she'll favor you some more."

Once they were done chatting, she brought him back to the group, and texted on her phone as she turned away.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-02-14 at 12:41 PM.
    TC for short

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ettin in the Playground

Before Anna's arrival Rachel is standing beside her car idly browsing her phone when Victor pulls up. For a moment she'll only regard Victor and consider all the things she'd like to do to him. 'I think we need to talk don't you?'

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

"No, not at all," Anna replied to Katie, "you know my job is like this. How do you think I can afford all the stuff I buy? It's a tradeoff. Unfortunately, sometimes it means I can't hang out whenever I want. Not yet anyway. At least I was able to call you this time. How is school, how are your friends, your roommates?
    "Sure," Katie says flatly as she listens to her cousin, "but it sure seems like it's happening all the time. And you don't seem all that torn up about it!" It was clear that Anna wasn't going to be forgiven so easily. In an almost scolding tone Katie continues, "I mean, I know your job is important and all, but it sure seems like you don't have anytime anymore! Like, I appreciate all your generosity for letting me stay at your apartment, and it's awesome that you can actually afford a second place in San Francisco... but like, what good is money if you have no time for your family?"

Before Anna's arrival Rachel is standing beside her car idly browsing her phone when Victor pulls up. For a moment she'll only regard Victor and consider all the things she'd like to do to him. 'I think we need to talk don't you?'
    (OOC: Going to play this out first)

Victor's grin widens, but as his lips part, Rachel can see that his fangs are drawn. "What about?" he asks sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest and planting his feet.

Hey Victor, thanks for coming," she said, then she turned to the others, "I need to have a word with him first, Ordo business."

She led him a few feet away and spoke quietly.
    "If you get the chance tonight, I want you to try to dominate Nova and get her to tell us where Lady Miho's mirror is," she said. "If we can recover it, I'll be sure to let her know your part, and maybe she'll favor you some more."

Once they were done chatting, she brought him back to the group, and texted on her phone as she turned away.
    Victor raises his hands up and shakes his head. "Whoa, whoa, what are you talking about. You haven't told me what you wanted my help with? You just said we needed to talk. Dominate Nova? Are you... are WE taking her down?"
    Show

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure," Katie says flatly as she listens to her cousin, "but it sure seems like it's happening all the time. And you don't seem all that torn up about it!" It was clear that Anna wasn't going to be forgiven so easily. In an almost scolding tone Katie continues, "I mean, I know your job is important and all, but it sure seems like you don't have anytime anymore! Like, I appreciate all your generosity for letting me stay at your apartment, and it's awesome that you can actually afford a second place in San Francisco... but like, what good is money if you have no time for your family?"

(OOC: Going to play this out first)

Victor's grin widens, but as his lips part, Rachel can see that his fangs are drawn. "What about?" he asks sarcastically, crossing his arms over his chest and planting his feet.

Victor raises his hands up and shakes his head. "Whoa, whoa, what are you talking about. You haven't told me what you wanted my help with? You just said we needed to talk. Dominate Nova? Are you... are WE taking her down?"
    To Katie:
    One would think with all the time in the world, I’d have a few free hours,” Anna thought.

“I don’t know what you want me to say. I have responsibilities, lives could be at stake. It’d be pretty irresponsible of me to drop that, for anything. If it seems like I don’t care, it’s because I’d rather not be telling someone their family member is dead because I was hanging out with a family member that night,” Anna replied, “anyway, should have some more free time soon, I’ll text you.”

Victor (post Rachel conversation):

You are not taking her down. Me and Julian are taking her down, but I won’t say no if you want to help with that, assuming she’s there,” Anna said, “she killed Estella and stole Lady Miho’s mirror, and she tried to have me and Karl killed night before last. You don’t have to come if you don’t want to, but I thought you wanted to get into their good graces, Lady Miho and Julian. This is your way to do it.”
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-02-17 at 10:48 PM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachael's own fang's extend as a natural response to a percieved challenge. 'You know what. So...am I supposed to believe you're dating Lucy? That you met her in a bar perhaps? Are you following me Victor?' She's angry while still sounding controlled but she will get closer to Victor as she speaks.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

“I don’t know what you want me to say. I have responsibilities, lives could be at stake. It’d be pretty irresponsible of me to drop that, for anything. If it seems like I don’t care, it’s because I’d rather not be telling someone their family member is dead because I was hanging out with a family member that night,” Anna replied, “anyway, should have some more free time soon, I’ll text you.”
    This silences Katie. There is a long pause. Finally she says, "I'm... I'm sorry Anna. I don't mean to be selfish." She goes silent again, though Anna can hear her take a deep breath in and out. "I just want to see you. You know that, right?" To Anna's last remark she will add, "Please, yeah, just let me know when you'll have some time."

Rachael's own fang's extend as a natural response to a percieved challenge. 'You know what. So...am I supposed to believe you're dating Lucy? That you met her in a bar perhaps? Are you following me Victor?' She's angry while still sounding controlled but she will get closer to Victor as she speaks.
    Rachel's response seems to make Victor only more cocky. Even when she advances he keeps grinning. "It was Bumble," he says flippantly, adding, "and it honestly wasn't a bad date." He leans his head to the side, arms still crossed over his chest. With a shrug of his shoulders Victor says, "Is she your heard then? I won't feed from her if she is." He raises one eyebrow, his tone rising with probing glee, "... Or is she more special than that to you?" He studies Rachel's reaction, wise enough not to make eye contact, though he too had powers of The Will, sharing the same Clan of origin.

“You are not taking her down. Me and Julian are taking her down, but I won’t say no if you want to help with that, assuming she’s there,” Anna said, “she killed Estella and stole Lady Miho’s mirror, and she tried to have me and Karl killed night before last. You don’t have to come if you don’t want to, but I thought you wanted to get into their good graces, Lady Miho and Julian. This is your way to do it.”
    "Back up," Victor says flatly, hands still raised, "what exactly is happening tonight? What is your plan. All I did was agree to meet you, because you had things to tell me."
    Show

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel's response seems to make Victor only more cocky. Even when she advances he keeps grinning. "It was Bumble," he says flippantly, adding, "and it honestly wasn't a bad date." He leans his head to the side, arms still crossed over his chest. With a shrug of his shoulders Victor says, "Is she your heard then? I won't feed from her if she is." He raises one eyebrow, his tone rising with probing glee, "... Or is she more special than that to you?" He studies Rachel's reaction, wise enough not to make eye contact, though he too had powers of The Will, sharing the same Clan of origin.
    The idea of feeding on Lucy seemed wrong somehow. It wasn't like it was hard for Rachael to find another source of blood. 'Bumble? Feeling lonely Victor.' Rachel incredulously almost spits the words out. How long had he been a vampire for anyway? Did his Sire regret embracing him? 'Lucy is mine.' She doesn't deign to answer the question. Victor was welcome to draw whatever conclusions he wanted. 'If you feed on her. If you make her uncomfortable or unhappy. If she wakes up with a headache on account of you I will make you suffer. Perhaps you'd like to find out what it feels like when all blood tastes like acid to you? I know how to do that.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

White lie because Rachel can only create that effect on her own blood currently

Manipulation 3 + Subterfuge 3 + Misdirection speciality 1?
    (7d10)[2][3][5][2][3][10][4](29)
    Any 10s
    (7d10)[7][3][9][10][7][2][1](39)
    Spent a Wp in the ooc for 1 extra success

Idle curiousity. How long has Victor been a vampire? Maybe Rachel is aware of his Sire.
    Int 3 + Politics 2 + Ventrue 1
    (6d10)[7][3][2][7][5][8](32)
    Any 10s
    (6d10)[5][9][2][7][10][4](37)

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

This silences Katie. There is a long pause. Finally she says, "I'm... I'm sorry Anna. I don't mean to be selfish." She goes silent again, though Anna can hear her take a deep breath in and out. "I just want to see you. You know that, right?" To Anna's last remark she will add, "Please, yeah, just let me know when you'll have some time."

"Back up," Victor says flatly, hands still raised, "what exactly is happening tonight? What is your plan. All I did was agree to meet you, because you had things to tell me."
    Victor:
    "Sorry, it's been a long night, and I thought I had filled you in already," Anna said, "keep all of this to yourself. Last night, you saw that the Prince of Oakland has been involved in incidents in San Francisco. Turns out most of the Carthian organization here is involved, at least tangentially. D'Agnostino is returning soon from New Orleans, and we think the Carthians plan to strike tonight. Nova wasn't involved yesterday, but she did try to have Karl and myself assassinated. We staked the assassin Murat and his childe Zach ran off. Murat is currently in custody with Tony. Where you and Julian come in is on Nova. She has committed diablerie twice that we know of, and she's in possession of Lady Miho's mirror. As a high ranking Carthian, we expect Nova to be present tonight. If she is, it's in the Ordo's best interest to recover it now, before it changes hands again. Lady Miho would certainly be appreciative, especially if I tell her how you helped, and I'm sure Julian would note your assistance as well."
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: OOC@Haval
    Show
    See OOC thread. I have deducted the WP from your character box

"Sorry, it's been a long night, and I thought I had filled you in already," Anna said, "keep all of this to yourself. Last night, you saw that the Prince of Oakland has been involved in incidents in San Francisco. Turns out most of the Carthian organization here is involved, at least tangentially. D'Agnostino is returning soon from New Orleans, and we think the Carthians plan to strike tonight. Nova wasn't involved yesterday, but she did try to have Karl and myself assassinated. We staked the assassin Murat and his childe Zach ran off. Murat is currently in custody with Tony. Where you and Julian come in is on Nova. She has committed diablerie twice that we know of, and she's in possession of Lady Miho's mirror. As a high ranking Carthian, we expect Nova to be present tonight. If she is, it's in the Ordo's best interest to recover it now, before it changes hands again. Lady Miho would certainly be appreciative, especially if I tell her how you helped, and I'm sure Julian would note your assistance as well."
    Victor's eyes narrow. His lips part slightly as his normally cocksure expression hardens. "It sounds like the night is only going to be longer," he says flatly, all the humor gone from his tone. Nodding his head slowly, Victor says under his breath, "And you're getting Julian involved? So what, you are planning on taking her down tonight, and you want my help? Well, that sure sounds dangerous."
    Last edited by Bennosuke; 2024-02-20 at 07:46 PM.
    Show

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC@Haval
    Show
    See OOC thread. I have deducted the WP from your character box

Victor's eyes narrow. His lips part slightly as his normally cocksure expression hardens. "It sounds like the night is only going to be longer," he says flatly, all the humor gone from his tone. Nodding his head slowly, Victor says under his breath, "And you're getting Julian involved? So what, you are planning on taking her down tonight, and you want my help? Well, that sure sounds dangerous."
    “Nothing ventured, nothing gained,” Anna said, “Julian is involved because of the mirror. Plus Nova and the Ordo have somewhat of a history… she was hiding Mobius from Miho-san, and it was Julian who went into the dog patch to flush him out. Anyway, at the hospital, you seemed kind of uhh… put out, annoyed, that the higher ups in the Ordo never offered any kind of help or guidance. This would be a good way to get their attention and appreciation. If it comes down to it, I’ll get Rachel to get the information from Nova, but… between you and me I’d rather NOT owe her anything, and also it would be better to keep knowledge of the mirror within the Ordo. Up to you.”

She paused.

“But come on, this is going to be exciting,” she added.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2024-02-20 at 11:21 PM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #476
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

The idea of feeding on Lucy seemed wrong somehow. It wasn't like it was hard for Rachael to find another source of blood. 'Bumble? Feeling lonely Victor.' Rachel incredulously almost spits the words out. How long had he been a vampire for anyway? Did his Sire regret embracing him? 'Lucy is mine.' She doesn't deign to answer the question. Victor was welcome to draw whatever conclusions he wanted. 'If you feed on her. If you make her uncomfortable or unhappy. If she wakes up with a headache on account of you I will make you suffer. Perhaps you'd like to find out what it feels like when all blood tastes like acid to you? I know how to do that.'
    Victor's smirk fades for just a moment, and he takes a cautious step back. He stares at Rachel for a moment, gritting his teeth, but then the grin returns. "Very well," he says flatly, "I won't feed on Lucy. Though I suppose if you don't want me to make her unhappy, we will have to keep the second date we planned. It would be SO rude to ghost her after all." He raises an eyebrow and adds triumphantly, "and I look forward to telling her all about my friend Rachel... and to finding out more about how she knows you."

(OOC: Tie goes to the runner with one success each with Rachel's intimidation attempt. He won't feed from her.)

Some of what Anna says seems to pique Victor's interest, though mostly what she reads from his face is pure vampiric hunger. He runs his tongue across his teeth in thought. Then with a voice hard as stone he says, "Excitement is what gets a Kindred dusted before the end days. This sounds like it could be be a suicide run." He crosses his arms over his chest and stares at Anna. "How about this," Victor says, eyes narrowing, "You put in a good word for me with The Ordo AND you owe me a Major boon. It sure sounds like you need my help more than I need to get in a stake fight with our diablerie committing Gangrel Sheriff." He raises an eyebrow at Anna, and offers a hand to shake on it, and it's clear that Victor is trying to sweeten the bargain as much as possible.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Victor's smirk fades for just a moment, and he takes a cautious step back. He stares at Rachel for a moment, gritting his teeth, but then the grin returns. "Very well," he says flatly, "I won't feed on Lucy. Though I suppose if you don't want me to make her unhappy, we will have to keep the second date we planned. It would be SO rude to ghost her after all." He raises an eyebrow and adds triumphantly, "and I look forward to telling her all about my friend Rachel... and to finding out more about how she knows you."

(OOC: Tie goes to the runner with one success each with Rachel's intimidation attempt. He won't feed from her.)

Some of what Anna says seems to pique Victor's interest, though mostly what she reads from his face is pure vampiric hunger. He runs his tongue across his teeth in thought. Then with a voice hard as stone he says, "Excitement is what gets a Kindred dusted before the end days. This sounds like it could be be a suicide run." He crosses his arms over his chest and stares at Anna. "How about this," Victor says, eyes narrowing, "You put in a good word for me with The Ordo AND you owe me a Major boon. It sure sounds like you need my help more than I need to get in a stake fight with our diablerie committing Gangrel Sheriff." He raises an eyebrow at Anna, and offers a hand to shake on it, and it's clear that Victor is trying to sweeten the bargain as much as possible.
    Anna kept her face impassive. On the one hand, she couldn’t blame Victor for trying to get more out of the deal. On the other, she was trying to do him a favor.

“I’m not giving you a major boon. I’m spread so thin right now I don’t know if I’d be able to honor it. How about seventy grand in bitcoins? If that’s not enough then… then I guess you’re right and it’s too dangerous for you,” Anna said. “Feel free to hang out somewhere nearby, and once the fighting is over I’ll let you know if me or Julian are unable to get Nova to talk.”
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Rachel will regard Victor contemptuously. 'So, mutually assured destruction is it? I suppose I can live with that.' She will offer a handshake though. 'And here was I not telling her that I had reason to believe you were married. I still might of course. She doesn't even have to believe me, but hearing that will make it hard to trust you. No one likes to be made the other woman when they didn't realise it.'

29. - Top - End - #479
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Victor scowls at the mention of bitcoin. He shakes his head and says, "You know that the whole point of boons is because money is not a sufficient currency for our kind. And it's not like I would try to cash the boon right away." He glares at Anna and with a sigh asks, "How about a minor boon then? Otherwise Anna, I'm sorry but I'm not sticking around."

As far as Rachel knows, Victor is on the older side of neonate; probably embraced within the last couple of decades.

Victor chuckles at Rachel's escalated thread, and shakes her hand heartily. He even goes so far as to stare her in the eyes, daring her to do something stupid. "Oh, I wouldn't call it mutually assured destruction," he says, keeping his voice light and casual. He adds, "I mean I like Lucy and all, but she was still supposed to just be a bite for me. I can always find another vessel. It seems like it would be far more inconvenient for you." He lets go of Rachel's hand and chuckles.

He points at the arriving car, headlights rolling across the parking lot. "Looks like Anna's here," he says still grinning.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Victor scowls at the mention of bitcoin. He shakes his head and says, "You know that the whole point of boons is because money is not a sufficient currency for our kind. And it's not like I would try to cash the boon right away." He glares at Anna and with a sigh asks, "How about a minor boon then? Otherwise Anna, I'm sorry but I'm not sticking around."

As far as Rachel knows, Victor is on the older side of neonate; probably embraced within the last couple of decades.

Victor chuckles at Rachel's escalated thread, and shakes her hand heartily. He even goes so far as to stare her in the eyes, daring her to do something stupid. "Oh, I wouldn't call it mutually assured destruction," he says, keeping his voice light and casual. He adds, "I mean I like Lucy and all, but she was still supposed to just be a bite for me. I can always find another vessel. It seems like it would be far more inconvenient for you." He lets go of Rachel's hand and chuckles.

He points at the arriving car, headlights rolling across the parking lot. "Looks like Anna's here," he says still grinning.
    Anna chuckled.

“Can’t blame me for trying. Ok, a minor boon, don’t be a jerk about it, and I’ll put in a word with Miho-san or Julian, your choice, IF we recover the mirror,” Anna replied.
    TC for short