New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 1732333435363738394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1485
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Yay! Thes is here!

Also, I have gained back about 20 pounds from my low of 205. And I need to highlight another half dozen sections for tomorrow. Grrrr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Default Re: Aziraphales Actually Alliterative And Awesomely Affluent Random Banter #104

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    As in bridges used by trains or bridges that go over train tracks?
    The latter would be awesome to see! Huge A-framed gridwork constructions - attended by hereditary guilds of pontifex-engineers - shunting up and down vast artificial valleys for some arcane reason. Then massive over-built steam engines holding the last vestiges of a collapsed civilisation roar across them.

Impractical, but kewl: it's the Steampunk way.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    You just need some practice. For instance, I'm currently drooling in my pillow, waiting to wake up.
    "PHASE!"

*pours Lunarbrau*
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-19 at 05:45 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    GRRR. For the past week I've had this little spasm in my lower left eyelid, where it just goes *twitch twitch twitch* intermittently throughout the day. It's not obvious enough to be noticeable unless I get RIGHT up close in front of the mirror, but it's DRIVING MY CRAZY! My mom says she gets it too when she's tired. SIGH. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SLEEP!
    [INTONATION="Pirate"]Yarrr![/INTONATION]
    I had the same thing, with the same damned eyelid! For two weeks! And I could notice it just by feeling it.

*Spasmodically shudders.*
    But it's gone now. And I'm all right.
    All right...
    All right...

Forever.

...And I totally haven't been driven out of the realm of sanity by that annoying twitch.
    This avatar by Phase.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Ogre in the Playground

*grumble*
    So, my little cousin and uncle are here. Me and little cousin play catch, and she's running about, having fun, and smashing into things. We go downstairs, and she's acquired a big bump on her forehead, which she hasn't noticed. When my uncle notices it, blames me, and puts ice on her head, then she gets upset. And is crying. When I come into talk to her, and play, she calms down, but my uncle keeps looking at me like I'm the devil's spawn.
    *grumble*
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

There's a realm of sanity? And you were there?

What's it like?
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelaroth View Post
    *grumble*
    So, my little cousin and uncle are here. Me and little cousin play catch, and she's running about, having fun, and smashing into things. We go downstairs, and she's acquired a big bump on her forehead, which she hasn't noticed. When my uncle notices it, blames me, and puts ice on her head, then she gets upset. And is crying. When I come into talk to her, and play, she calms down, but my uncle keeps looking at me like I'm the devil's spawn.
    *grumble*
    That's the thing with kids, they're to filled with adrenaline to notice that they got hurt, but when they do notice, notably when the adults point it out and try to do something about it, they start thinking it'l kill them....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    There's a realm of sanity? And you were there?

What's it like?
    Meh. Not that interesting, come to think about it. I used to go visit it quite often. And now they've driven me off.
    Oh well. 'Tis a greater sport here.
    This avatar by Phase.

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    That's the thing with kids, they're to filled with adrenaline to notice that they got hurt, but when they do notice, notably when the adults point it out and try to do something about it, they start thinking it'l kill them....
    Exactement. So my parents are being cool about it, and realise that it's not my fault. But my uncle's being all judgey.

*plans moon laser attack*
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Yay! Thes is here!

Also, I have gained back about 20 pounds from my low of 205. And I need to highlight another half dozen sections for tomorrow. Grrrr.
    Hey thanks for the yay! That made my day!

And no I did not intend to ryhme is such a horrible way.

Hope the highlighting went well! Even if you didn'tt get them all the more you got done the better!

And that's where my 20 pounds went... I was wondering. *comforting hugs*

Studying does that... grrrr.. studying.

I am currently concentrating on RL stuffs. If you need me PM me.

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

*plans moon laser attack*
    What did I ever do to you?[/incharacter]

Yawn...

Now I am awake, with a freshly won thread under my belt...

*Looks down on self after Eggy's post*

Why am I all wet?

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

What did I ever do to you?[/incharacter]

Yawn...

Now I am awake, with a freshly won thread under my belt...

Why am I all wet?
    Explain yourself.
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

"IS THERE ANYONE IN ENGLAND WHO HAS NOT SEEN SHAKESPEARE IN THE THEATRE!?"[/Blessed as Augustus]
    Seriously.

And I'm overestimating to be positive.
    Not seen, but performed in Romeo and Juliet (I was the Chorus), and in a mime Merchant of Venice (now that was weird...).
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ettin in the Playground

I haven't. (I was never a fan of his stuff when I had to do it in English class to be honest.)
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    I haven't. (I was never a fan of his stuff when I had to do it in English class to be honest.)

I find the quality of his work fluctuates, part of it is utter crap and parts of it is golden with parts in between.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Ettin in the Playground

Admittedly, we did Romeo and Juliette, and the fact that I hate romance probably didn't help things (he always seemed to go over the top when describing things as well).
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    The latter would be awesome to see! Huge A-framed gridwork constructions - attended by hereditary guilds of pontifex-engineers - shunting up and down vast artificial valleys for some arcane reason. Then massive over-built steam engines holding the last vestiges of a collapsed civilisation roar across them.
    Well...we have...bridges over many of our train tracks...and...they aren't anything like your description.

And: WHY do I always confuse you, bosssmiley, with Dr. Bath? I don't know why! It's starting to irk me because I read along for a while and then I'm like " this doesn't sound like Bath..." and then, "this isn't Bath!"

Just...to let you know.

17. - Top - End - #1247
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest Fennac View Post
    Admittedly, we did Romeo and Juliette, and the fact that I hate romance probably didn't help things (he always seemed to go over the top when describing things as well).
    I didn't like the over the top romance either but there's some really comical bits in the play.
    My new website/blog:

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

I'd much rather be doing Romeo and Juliet than Henry V...

Although the Tempest would be fun as well. As would Midsummer Night's Dream. Why did we have to do Richard III and Henry V, two extremely boring plays?
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Why am I all wet?
    Errrr, oops.

*pours Lunarbrau into glass*

And: WHY do I always confuse you, bosssmiley, with Dr. Bath? I don't know why! It's starting to irk me because I read along for a while and then I'm like " this doesn't sound like Bath..." and then, "this isn't Bath!"

Just...to let you know.
    I suppose we've both smooth, white and kinda ceramic...

Although I sometimes disguise myself as Dr Bath for the purposes of tax evasion, insurance fraud and blackmail. That might be the source of your confusion.

-----

ION: watching "City of Lost Children" with Miss Eggy. Her considered opinion:

"Hmmm. How very...Gallic." (tone of voice that implying that anything French should be handled with gloves and tongs, if at all)
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-19 at 10:14 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahhh, I love German. It's got all these concise, specific phrases and words. Schadenfreude, for instance, but, my favourite so far, "Zwei deppen, ein gedanke."

EDIT: What is all this about trains over/under bridges? I don't see what's so special. Is there some phallic symbolism you guys see that I don't?
    Last edited by randman22222; 2008-10-19 at 10:08 AM.
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #1251

I have, of course, seen a lot of Shakespeare in the theatre in the UK. Possibly too much, if I'm ever forced to sit through another appalling version of 'Midsummer Night's Dream' I shall probably scream.

Some of it was wonderful though. Saw a fantastic version of 'The Merchant of Venice' in Greenwich Observatory garden last summer. (Does a garden count as a theatre?)

I've also seen Shakespeare in the theatre in Shanghai. We went to 'The Taming of the Shrew' last week. Very fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider
    Well...we have...bridges over many of our train tracks...and...they aren't anything like your description.
    So do we (Brits). We also have trains that go over bridges - see the Settle-Carlisle railway for a stunning example of this. I have no idea what the egg is on about.

Edit: I've been meaning to say this for several hours, but keep getting distracted..."Congratulations to Thes. Yay! Twenty pounds is highly impressive. Don't give up."
    Last edited by dish; 2008-10-19 at 10:11 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

22. - Top - End - #1252

GRRR. For the past week I've had this little spasm in my lower left eyelid, where it just goes *twitch twitch twitch* intermittently throughout the day. It's not obvious enough to be noticeable unless I get RIGHT up close in front of the mirror, but it's DRIVING MY CRAZY! My mom says she gets it too when she's tired. SIGH. I DON'T HAVE TIME TO SLEEP!
    I hate the overtired eyetwitch. I came back from camp one year twitching like a maniac. Not pleasant, let me tell you.

When I come into talk to her, and play, she calms down, but my uncle keeps looking at me like I'm the devil's spawn.
    *grumble*
    Wait, you're not?!?
    Quote Of The Week Whenever I Feel Like Updating It (last updated 1/17/12)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phase
    That guy was badass! He was like, "Oh! Oh, you're gonna try to Chuck Norris me, I'll just Chuck Norris you!" Unfortunately, I am the best Chuck Norris since Chuck Norris.
    Which is saying something, considering that Chuck Norris... was Chuck Norris.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    So do we (Brits). We also have trains that go over bridges - see the Settle-Carlisle railway for a stunning example of this. I have no idea what the egg is on about.
    I like the Settle-Carlisle railway, very scenic. In fact (if I am remembering the correct railway) so scenic that the cows never see any other trains, and since the railway only runs fairly infrequently, are absolutely terrified of them. Hee hee hee! Running cows are funny looking.

24. - Top - End - #1254

I should have linked to some pictures. Here are some railway bridges and viaducts and stuff on the Settle-Carlisle line.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    I have, of course, seen a lot of Shakespeare in the theatre in the UK. Possibly too much, if I'm ever forced to sit through another appalling version of 'Midsummer Night's Dream' I shall probably scream.
    If you ever find out a group who do the "Khaos Dream"... don't see it.
    They murdered the play so badly.
    And it's my favourite as well...
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    I'd much rather be doing Romeo and Juliet than Henry V...

Although the Tempest would be fun as well. As would Midsummer Night's Dream. Why did we have to do Richard III and Henry V, two extremely boring plays?
    Romeo and Juliet is overrated.
    I loved the little bit of Henry V we did in Y11; we did it to compare Henry from there and from Henry IV part I.
    Anway, Romeo and Juliet is qite over the top, but I've heard the comedy is good. But I'm still lad I've never done it; I read somewhere that's it's the most studied Shakespeare play done in schools. Macbeth's one of the most read as well, did it in Y9.
    Richard III is a fair bit boring, plus now I've actually done coursework (rather in depth too) on him and his reign I feel sympathy for him. Richard III is pure propaganda.
    The Tempest, my brother's done and I want to do, same with Midsummer Night's Dream; I'll be using extracts from that for my E Lang coursework though so all's good.

Now, remember what you said about mimes? Vetinari and I feel the same way about them. Hang 'em upside down in the scorpion pit with LEARN THE WORDS painted on the wall.
    Mimes are scary.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Ogre in the Playground

I did Macbeth, Much Ado About Nothing, Romeo and Juliet and a bit of Hamlet.

The comedy in Romeo and Juliet's great, and dirty. Shakespeare was a pervert.
    My new website/blog:

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Ogre in the Playground

Mimes are scary.
    QFT.
    Though I need idea's on how to make my final school dances more interesting, and this is definitely going to be on the list.

The List:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mime
    Gay Cowboy(Contact Fred)
    Older English Gentleman w/ cane
    Giant Lobster
    Zombie(Inform Drama Club + Gabe)
    As you can see, it needs work.
    Idiots give me indigestion.
    Don't give me indigestion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wadledo, you dislike EVERYONE. Therefore, you don't count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    Maybe this is the only true fix for spellcasting, making people scared of using it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    There's a concept called mercy. Are you familiar with it?
    Thank ya Dr.Bath for your avataring skills.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Wait, you're not?!?
    Well, 'course I am, but he's not meant to know that, is he?
    Words, my weapons...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Troll in the Playground

I have now been on GitP for one year.

There shall be no cake.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items