New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Don't take a language cha cha cha, Don't take a language cha cha cha, Don't...
    Not forgetting Yldenfrei and the wonderful avatar she made.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Quote Originally Posted by Frigs View Post
    Don't take a language cha cha cha, Don't take a language cha cha cha, Don't...
    ...graduate from most modern day colleges?
    Quote Originally Posted by I'm da Rogue!
    Listen to Lemur. He's a wise guy.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Colossus in the Playground

I imagine it wouldn't be so bad to take a language you already had at least a smattering of, or at least did in high school. I might take Russian in university just for kicks, see how pitiful it is. Unless it's not, and then I'm screwed...I only know it at a native Grade 8-ish level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zeratul View Post
    Oh the boys fighting for fun thing will continue for a while dragon rider. Hell me and my friends do it all the time. It's not really been a good D&D session until we've had to go outside and beat the crap out of each other to take the edge off of our caffeine highs .

So have fun dealing with that for another ten to 16 years or so dragon .
    Dude - I get to move out in a year.

@^: That's definitely what I'm finding with Spanish. Halfway through the term and my grade is currently at 99%. We'll see if that lasts when we get into vocabulary that isn't already floating around inside my head...I should be good through the term, though.

5. - Top - End - #695

I want to cry. They've now found melamine in eggs here in China. As well as in milk and animal feeds.

I have a really sick kitten who's refusing to eat. I was going to try to feed her some egg today, but now I can't.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post
    I want to cry. They've now found melamine in eggs here in China. As well as in milk and animal feeds.

I have a really sick kitten who's refusing to eat. I was going to try to feed her some egg today, but now I can't.
    Bwa? In eggs? How? Chicken feed => chicken => egg, no doubt, but wow.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ogre in the Playground

So, I just cried for the first time after promising myself I'd never cry anymore (at the age of 10), and it was about something utterly trivial...
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

8. - Top - End - #698
    Barbarian in the Playground

Crying isn't bad. It lets out stuff.

My ex-fiancee had this thing were she wouldn't cry, wouldn't let her fustrations out and wouldn't talk about her problems with anyone.

It cost us both a lot on the long run...

9. - Top - End - #699
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dish View Post

I don't actually know what melamine is, but from the new I've heard it's bad, do you care to explain?

Also, I hope the kitty decides to eat again.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ettin in the Playground

In case any of you other Brits were wondering...

Dead Set?

Very good.

Just watched the first episode. Take one part backroom politics satire, one part horror and one part social commentary and you've got what looks to be a really good series. Can't wait for the next episode.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jibar View Post
    In case any of you other Brits were wondering...

Dead Set?

Very good.

Just watched the first episode. Take one part backroom politics satire, one part horror and one part social commentary and you've got what looks to be a really good series. Can't wait for the next episode.
    I saw it as well, it was quite good, worth watching but the budget they were givens pretty obvious when you look at the cinematoography. Still good though if you can overlook that.
    My new website/blog:

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtar View Post
    Crying isn't bad. It lets out stuff.
    Unless you're a MAN! Then crying is a terrible thing to do! Stop that, you sniveling weakling! [/macho]

Anyway, I hope today goes quickly, I prefer Wednesdays...
    Last edited by Phase; 2008-10-28 at 05:21 AM.

13. - Top - End - #703
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    It was hailing earlier. With hail. That was cold. And icy tasting.
    In October.
    We have angered the sleeping glaciers with the hubris of our patio heaters and crappy folding-tin-roofed town cars. Now they have awakened and wax greatly wroth. The hail (and the snow falling in Scotland) is merely the herald of their thunderous rage, which will wipe the greasy infestation known as humans from the face of the Earth and cover all in silent pristine whiteness.

Where are your drowning polar bears now? Eating the neighbours!

(we northern types have the best end times mythologies: icy death, fiery destruction, god-eating snakes and wolves, hordes of angry giants. There's a reason they called it RagnaRAWK! )

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    So, I just cried for the first time after promising myself I'd never cry anymore (at the age of 10), and it was about something utterly trivial...
    Obviously you needed to cry. Where's the problem? I don't think there are any laws against having a good, therapeutic snuffle, are there?

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    Unless you're a MAN! Then crying is a terrible thing to do! Stop that, you sniveling weakling! [/macho]
    Exceptions to the "Men don't cry" rule

Anyway, I hope today goes quickly, I prefer Wednesdays...
    Yes, agreed. Tuesday is a filthy and untrustworthy day that lurks on street corners making ungentlemanly comments about passing ladies. Tuesday needs thoroughly thrashed!
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2008-10-28 at 05:50 AM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ettin in the Playground

There's supposedly going to be snow where I am as well later. It looks as though it could do so at any time as well.
    "It doesn't matter what you think I'm supposed to be, 'cause I myself know all too well." Line from "King of My World" by Saliva.
    Good itP 2009 winner,Cleric itP Winner.
    Taking Reiki requests. PM me for details.
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #705
    Banned

Melamine cheats nitrogen-based nutritional content tests.
    Melamine (poisonous) added to foods "not for human consumption".
    Animals eat melamine.
    Animals get ill.
    Animals produce animal products (milk, eggs, etc.) tainted with melamine.
    Humans eat products.
    Humans get ill. . .

'Twas horrible to look back on our kitties that we had to give up at the end of '05, remember their urinary problems, remembering having to feed them the cheap foods on our (haha.) budget, and wondering if we weren't unconsciously poisoning them.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2008-10-28 at 05:46 AM.

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

That's unfortunate, it's hard to keep pets really, especially whe you don't know exactly what you're feeding them.

Wait, it's tuesday!?
    My new website/blog:

17. - Top - End - #707
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    That's unfortunate, it's hard to keep pets really, especially whe you don't know exactly what you're feeding them.

Wait, it's tuesday!?
    It is? Since when? Oh, since this morning...

I wonder if Quincunx saw my white text or not.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

Ugh. I've had chest pains all day, and now I'm in a zombie state from being tired. I think the chest pains are mitral valve prolapse, since it runs in my family. And playing basketball today in PE didn't help. And no flipping way. My enter key isn't working. (Not at the level yet.)
    This avatar by Phase.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Ogre in the Playground

Get thee to a doctor!

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    Get thee to a doctor!
    Heh, the first thought that jumped into mind was, "Get thee to a nunnery!"
    This avatar by Phase.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    Heh, the first thought that jumped into mind was, "Get thee to a nunnery!"
    My first thought after reading that was "Bring us a shrubbery!".
    My new website/blog:

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

Ouch.

I'm growing too fast for myself, and keep tripping over my own rapidly lengthening legs.

Ouch.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

23. - Top - End - #713

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    Melamine cheats nitrogen-based nutritional content tests.
    Melamine (poisonous) added to foods "not for human consumption".
    Animals eat melamine.
    Animals get ill.
    Animals produce animal products (milk, eggs, etc.) tainted with melamine.
    Humans eat products.
    Humans get ill. . .

'Twas horrible to look back on our kitties that we had to give up at the end of '05, remember their urinary problems, remembering having to feed them the cheap foods on our (haha.) budget, and wondering if we weren't unconsciously poisoning them.
    Yep, Quincunx and Rawhide in his white text have got it right.
    China is having a lot of food safety issues at the moment. Some of those issues are similar to ones experienced by any country with a rapidly expanding factory farm system. Others are more country-specific.

I'm not too worried about the food that I and my husband eat. Ok, so I'm only buying imported milk (from New Zealand) and organic eggs (though now I'll have to start checking which farm they come from), but adult humans can eat a wide variety of food, so they aren't at too much risk.

The pets, however, are a big issue. I can't afford to buy them fresh meat and fish for every meal*, and all the pet-food (even Pedigree and Whiskas) is manufactured here, so it's using local ingredients.

The vet today said the kitten has liver disease. This is serious, but unlikely to be caused by melamine poisoning.

* And even if I did, the melamine seems to be in the animal feed, so it's still a risk.
    Last edited by dish; 2008-10-28 at 10:32 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you kpenguin for the lovely avatar, Recaiden for my dolly, and Alleine for this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Alleine View Post
    dish is a cool crazy cat lady.

24. - Top - End - #714
    Titan in the Playground

Right. My internet is being extremely intermittent right now. I'm lucky I got it to work long enough to post this. It has already been down most of yesterday and this morning. *sigh* I'll see if it's working again after I wake up...

Stupid Telus....
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

25. - Top - End - #715
    Firbolg in the Playground

@Phase: Latin grammar is basically the same as ours, minus the pronouns, particles and determiners. So: the farmer loves the girl would basically be farmer loves girl.
    It's just a case of vocab and knowing your tenses and conjugations.

@Eggy: conerning the Coldocalypse; Koorly is wearing an actual jumper because she is cold. This has been seen as a sign of the Apocalypse by all her friends since Y4. And as this is still October, albeit only for three more days, panic is advisable.

I wanted to see Dead Set yesterday but mum had an irksome errand for me to do. My mother described it as Big Brother, but with zombies. Now if that isn't an intriguing plot summary I don't know what is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #716
    Titan in the Playground

My thoughts on the Coldocalypse, whilst my interwebs still work to post them:

Cold? COLD!? It's not even -5 in the daytime yet, and all of you are saying this is cold? This isn't cold. I wear shorts and a t-shirt in this in the middle of the night with no clouds and the furnace off.

I am also Canadian, so make of this what you will.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

27. - Top - End - #717
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Well, I feel pretty cold right now, and it's not even 15º out... Been feeling really cold lately for some reason.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Well, I feel pretty cold right now, and it's not even 15º out... Been feeling really cold lately for some reason.
    Fever?

Always does that to me.

29. - Top - End - #719
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Fever?

Always does that to me.
    Yup, I think that's normal. I remember at one point, I had a fever of 104.7. That had me shivering like crazy.
    Was not fun.
    This avatar by Phase.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Fever?

Always does that to me.
    Hmmm.... might be....

it was like 24º out yesterday when I walked out of my room, so I went to school in a T-shirt, no jacket. About three hours later, it started to rain, then when the rain stopped it was like 12º out. I was freezing.

Might have caught something then.
    Last edited by Haruki-kun; 2008-10-28 at 01:35 PM.