New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106

Fun fact: Troy holds the wonderful title of being the only film I couldn't watch 'till the end.
    Even that non-existed Hulk film I watched 'till the end (Out of hope it would get better... if it existed.)
    Troy... no.
    It just needs a big error report.

300 meanwhile I like because it fixes a couple of the things I hate in action movies (odd camera angles obscuring fight scenes, any pretense that they're meant to be something serious, lack of beards on protagonists), while being just plain silly.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

2. - Top - End - #122
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Dish's Delightfully Deranged and Deliciously Deliquent Random Banter # 106

See. Troy is bad. Now I shall end discussion. Silly film. 300 was fun in a fun way; yet no more watching of it. Not that good. Bearded Scottish Spartan was fun though.

Okay.
    So after engaging in a chat with sibling I have come to the conclusion that I wish to talk/rant/wax lyrical about the subject in a sort of wistful, dreamingly demanding fashion.
    But I don't know if I should. It's not bad, it's only of dreams of the future.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

300 is good.
    The point is that you shouldn´t really take it serious. If you do, then it´s a piece of crap.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

A really good series of movies is the Tremors series. The second one is my favorite.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

You want a good film? Well, despite my normal preference for action, sci-fi or fantasy stuff...

Chocolat is brilliant. Well, at least I think so.

I enjoyed 300, just for the sheer over-the-top stupid heroics of it.

I saw Troy before I read the Iliad. My verdict: decent enough action flim, terrible, heinous adaptation.

Also, I am a chocolate addict, yet I there is no chocolate available in the house. Curses. Double curses. Be thrice-cursed, fate.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    You want a good film?
    Good Film?

Oh, mai.... Howl's freakin' Moving Castle. Best thing EVAAARRR!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I've not seen 300, it's parody (Meet the Spartans) was rather fun, though.
    ٩๏̯͡๏
    New found land. It's like Untitled Document, for places - Flickerdart

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by Gezina View Post
    I've not seen 300, it's parody (Meet the Spartans) was rather fun, though.
    Really? You're the first person I've ever heard say that. Everyone else told me people were actually leaving the theater.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Really? You're the first person I've ever heard say that. Everyone else told me people were actually leaving the theater.
    Not when I watched it, not that there were many people, and I've never actually seen people leave the theatre.

And, anyway, my sense of humour is apparently quite unusual anyway.
    ٩๏̯͡๏

10. - Top - End - #130

So, we decided that today, we should get all my uni assignments done in advance, so we wouldn't have to worry about them while we were then getting on with more enjoyable stuff.
    [sarcasm]As you can see, it's going great.[/sarcasm]
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Chalk another one up to the dutch.

WANT

NOW

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Chalk another one up to the dutch.

WANT

NOW
    I agree....so agree...

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

13. - Top - End - #133
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Howl's freakin' Moving Castle
    Spirited Away > Howl's Moving Castle, anime wise

Stardust > all other movies I've watched

*is not a Stardust fangirl* *just really really likes it*
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tialait View Post
    I agree....so agree...
    So does I.

As far as science and technology goes, the Dutch really aren't that bad.

In fact, the Dutch show a disproportional influence in a lot of fields. I chalk this down to our small sized Agriculture (We have way too many people for our area, food import is necessary, especially as we like to keep our remaining Ancient Woodland, and refuse to build upwards instead of outwards), and industry (Pay is too high), our biggest money sources are as a middle man in trade (Most stuff that goes to continental Europe goes through Rotterdam), and technological advancement (Like Philips, if it has anything to do with electronics, those guys are creating it. Stuff like CDs (Philips invented those), light bulbs, hospital appliances, and well, basically anything but PCs)
    ٩๏̯͡๏

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

I much preferred Howl's Moving Castle to Spirited Away although both were immensely awesome.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Castaras View Post
    Spirited Away > Howl's Moving Castle, anime wise
    I loved them both equally, it usually depends on my mood which one I mention.

Oh, and yes, Stardust is awesome.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I really didn't like Howl's or Spirited away....Princess....erm Wolfgirl...AWESOME

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

18. - Top - End - #138

*sigh*
    Littlest brother has got to be psychic.
    He has to be. Every day when he misses his comics (his choice), without fail), and almost always on a Saturday he comes upstairs for a rambling talk/discussion/abuse of wikimapedia/TVTropes/other.
    When I watch the comedy show I invariably miss on Fridays - HIGNFY. Plus whatever else that's on late on Saturday nights which is pretty much the only time I have to relax.
    How does he do it?
    And I drop a lot of hints too.
    "Mouse, I'm watching HIGNFY now."
    "Mouse, I've not seen this episode before."
    "Hey; how do you always manage to come up here when I'm watching my shows?"
    He's sweet, really intelligent and loves history; plus he loves BRIAN BLESSED too.
    Yet this uncanny ability of his can be mildly annoying to say the least, especially as I was trying to read something else at the same time.

Do you think he is psychic? But I do have to say his reading skill's increased markedly. He stumbled his way through the first paragraph of the wiki article on the Hospitaller Knights and Richards I - III.

EDIT:
    @^: You mean Princess Mononoke? I like all three of the mentioned Ghibli films for different reasons, although I'm told Howl's Moving Castle the book is nothing like the film.
    I actually just enjoy most Ghibli films full stop. Porco Russo was just freaky though; Nausicaa (sp?) was a bit preachy and Laputa was a bleedin' funny film, same with The Castle of Cagliostro.
    Last edited by CurlyKitGirl; 2008-11-08 at 05:31 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *snip*
    EDIT:
    @^: You mean Princess Mononoke? I like all three of the mentioned Ghibli films for different reasons, although I'm told Howl's Moving Castle the book is nothing like the film.
    I actually just enjoy most Ghibli films full stop. Porco Russo was just freaky though; Nausicaa (sp?) was a bit preachy and Laputa was a bleedin' funny film, same with The Castle of Cagliostro.
    Yeah, I did mean Princess Mononoke, it was animated by the same people wasn't it? Seemed like the same style. I really LOVE that story...lady Eboshi is the best.

20. - Top - End - #140

DrowGirl

That is correct about Howls. But the book is awesome as well.
    Last edited by Castaras; 2008-11-08 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Rephrasing. I r tireded.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

That is correct about Howls. But the book is awesome as well.
    On of my favorite. Books. Ever.

22. - Top - End - #142

DrowGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    On of my favorite. Books. Ever.
    Diana Wynne Jones is an amazing writer. <3 her Chrestomanci series.
    ~ Timberwolf

~ KuReshtin

~ The Succubus

23. - Top - End - #143

EDIT:
    I read half the book, haven't finished it. Nothing like the film, but that was previously agreed by Miyazaki and Diana Wynne Jones agreed on, that they'd be different stories, with the same basis.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Ah.

Squid are crustaceans.

I believe that cuttlefish have cartelidge, though.

Okay, not to be rude, but both statements above are so far off the mark, I nearly gagged. Maybe it's a biologist thing. But I know what I know, and cuttlefish, squid, and octopi are MOLLUSCS! They have no exoskeleton, like crabs. Nor do they have cartelidge! Octopi can fit through holes the size of a quarter! I'm really sorry, but when a post has that many inaccuracies in it, even when days old, I must bring out the light of truth. [/rant]

25. - Top - End - #145

Diana Wynne Jones is an amazing writer. <3 her Chrestomanci series.
    I have to persuade Siblings to buy me some of her books. At least Chrsitmas is in what, six, seven weeks?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Prokofiev (if that's how ya spell it) changed the ending to Romeo and Juliet. But, apart from that mindnumbing hole of eeeevil, the ballet, a Mark Morris production, I went to tonight was good.
    Last edited by Kaelaroth; 2008-11-08 at 06:48 PM.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Random question.
    Does anybody else here like the TV show (now canceled) Teen Titans? Cause' I know I do.

EDIT:
    wow, I killed the conversation...
    Last edited by CMOTDibbler; 2008-11-08 at 07:01 PM.
    Nunc id Vides, Nunc ne Vides ("Now you see it, Now you don't.")

All My Characters

CMOT Avvie By Dr. Bath

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cmotdibbler View Post
    Random question.
    Does anybody else here like the TV show (now canceled) Teen Titans? Cause' I know I do.
    I liked it. It could have been done better, though.

In other news, I finished Watchmen...

Wow...

Just... Wow...

29. - Top - End - #149
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Phase View Post
    I liked it. It could have been done better, though.

In other news, I finished Watchmen...

Wow...

Just... Wow...
    I'm assuming that's a good wow right? Otherwise you would be dead inside.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Teen Titans was a good series, could have done better, but still decent.
    My favorite dead series is Firefly.(waits for rush of fans)