New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

biggrin Erfworld 144 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 131

New comic is up, it seems!

(not even sure if I'm allowed to do this)

Bogroll almost seems to be doing a 'this sparta spoof' but maybe it's something else.

The archons' banter, of course, remains the punchline as is usual.
    Last edited by Kaed; 2009-03-02 at 11:49 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: Erfworld 144 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 131

....and there go the pliers again. Is Wanda positioned to grab them? Also, will Ansom make a big splat while Bogroll splats and just regenerates?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

The fact that it was foreshadowed eleventy billion times makes it not the slightest bit awesome when it actually happens...

Go Bogroll!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Default Re: :smallbiggrin:Erfworld 144 The Battle for Gobwin Knob, Page 131

If Jaclyn had followed the rules about paying for magical protection, maybe she'd be alive now. Just saying.
    Tardy Elves FTW!
    I was thinking of a policy of "Uncroak now, disinter later". - Me

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

... Huh.

Do we know that twolls regenerate (wegenewate? no, that sounds dumb) in Erfworld? I was all set to feel sad about Bogroll's ultimate sacrifice (Misty was Stanley's and Maggie's fault, but this would be all Parson's doing), when it might not even be needed.
    People seemed to like this better, but only marginally so - the way one might prefer to be stabbed than shot. Optimally, one isn't stabbed or shot. Optimally, one eats some cake! But there are times when cake is not available, and instead we are destroyed. This is the deep poetry of the universe. -- Tycho Brahe

Spoiler
    Show

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

I do like that the same archon who said earlier that they weren't paying for spell security with jillian when jacklyn told her she was under a suggestion spell appears to be lamenting the fact that the new archon leader isn't doing the same unpaid for service

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

Holy cats. CMOA for Bogroll, anyone?

Do we know that twolls regenerate (wegenewate? no, that sounds dumb) in Erfworld?
    Yes, in this klog. No telling how far that goes, though; dunno if you can regenerate from being reduced to a fine paste on the ground.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Decius View Post
    If Jaclyn had followed the rules about paying for magical protection, maybe she'd be alive now. Just saying.
    I don't see how.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dyslexicfaser View Post
    Do we know that twolls regenerate (wegenewate? no, that sounds dumb) in Erfworld? I was all set to feel sad about Bogroll's ultimate sacrifice (Misty was Stanley's and Maggie's fault, but this would be all Parson's doing), when it might not even be needed.
    Yeah, it was indicated pretty early on, but how far the Regeneration special ability goes is unclear.

I doubt it reverses outright croaking, though.
    Last edited by Kaed; 2009-03-02 at 11:57 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Damnit, I wanna see Ansom kick some ass here. Whatever happened to competent enemies? It's no fun to watch the villain (or in this case, the hero) turn into someone who almost literally hands his enemy his most prized possession. Doesn't he have goons for that purpose?

As much of a bighead as Ansom is, it breaks the versimilitude a bit, for him to be duped by Parson time and time again and still make such critical assumption errors.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Ansom's plenty competant, he's just too lawful for his own good. He apparently didn't expect parson to pull off an "I Surrender Suckers". But he's not nearly paranoid enough for his own good, so he gets Bogrolled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

12. - Top - End - #12

BardGuy

That was epic. Except the last two panels. They kind of blew the mood. On the other hand, there's a place for dramatic understatement. BIG EPIC MOMENT...bored reaction. I'm expecting the next few panels to be WAIT, WHAT?!? That is going to be funny. :-D
    Developer for the Sengai Jidai role-playing game, powered by FATE. Check out the latest progress at the development blog.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

As much of a bighead as Ansom is, it breaks the versimilitude a bit, for him to be duped by Parson time and time again and still make such critical assumption errors.
    Perhaps, but I think others are of the opinion that versimilitude is just as broken by Ansom foiling Parson's careful, intelligent plans by apparent dumb luck time and time again. ;) YMMV, of course.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I don't see how.
    simple, if jacklyn hadn't told jillian about the suggestion spell, jillian would have left the dwagons alone and probably left ansom in a lurch because of it. She almost certainly wouldn't have been able to convince ansom to go after stanley to faq (if he even left GK) and then jacklyn wouldn't have gotten fried by wanda because that fight is directly the result of her getting jillian to break the suggestion

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

Ansom should have suspected something when Parson wasn't saying a word. I'm sure if Parson was up there instead it would have been something to the effect of "You didn't win, Charlie won". Or defiant mocking of his overwhelming force barely winning. Something like that.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    But he's not nearly paranoid enough for his own good, so he gets Bogrolled.
    Now just watch, the new gotcha meme will be BOGROLL'D, linking to some crudely animated gif of him screaming HAMSTAAHR.
    Last edited by Kaed; 2009-03-03 at 12:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lizard Lord
    I don't see how.
    simple, if jacklyn hadn't told jillian about the suggestion spell, jillian would have left the dwagons alone and probably left ansom in a lurch because of it. She almost certainly wouldn't have been able to convince ansom to go after stanley to faq (if he even left GK) and then jacklyn wouldn't have gotten fried by wanda because that fight is directly the result of her getting jillian to break the suggestion
    She's probably actually referring to that if Jaclyn hadn't flown up to warn Jillian of the fact that Wanda was under no spells here, she wouldn't have been in the range of the 'FR-DOOM' antiair spells.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Pixie in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Bogroll is awesome times infinity.

You know, speechifying should really wait until you've GENUINELY won.

Is this the end of Ansom? (probably not)

I love the dialogue between the Archons at the end. Shows how frighteningly mercenary Charlescomm actually is.

Well done Rob and Jamie... this sets up a seriously awesome climax (as I don't think we're there just...yet)

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Somehow I thought that would be a bit more of a climax. Gives me the feeling it's not over yet with Ansom.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

For my Lord Hamster!

To be honest, I would consider this the first 'epic moment' thus far. Hopefully the first of many
    Just an affable fellow, really.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    I don't see how.
    Simple: By helping to break the suggestion on Jillian, she set in motion the chain of events that caused Jillian's stack to get hit by most of GK's air defenses- at the culmination of an argument sparked by her breaking the suggestion spell. That attack is what killed her.

If Jaclyn hadn't broken Charlie's rules, she might still be alive.

Edit: And she died WHILE breaking the rules again. I got ninja'd on that one.
    Last edited by Decius; 2009-03-03 at 12:21 AM.
    Tardy Elves FTW!
    I was thinking of a policy of "Uncroak now, disinter later". - Me

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

Charlie saw it coming. Why did he let it happen?

If the RCC wins, Charlie has everything he wants. (Parson and the device.) But now Parson has a chance to win, and in that case Charlie gets paid but doesn't get his ultimate warlord or artifact.

I'm nonplussed. Bad strategy on Charlie's part.
    Dibs on his dice.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

bogroll ftw!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kaed View Post
    Bogroll almost seems to be doing a 'this sparta spoof' but maybe it's something else.

The archons' banter, of course, remains the punchline as is usual.
    The warcry and leap of faith was around long before the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by thucom View Post
    Ansom should have suspected something when Parson wasn't saying a word. I'm sure if Parson was up there instead it would have been something to the effect of "You didn't win, Charlie won". Or defiant mocking of his overwhelming force barely winning. Something like that.
    I think you missed the Arrogance factor of Ansom's personality. Arrogant people don't grow suspicious when people listen to them.

--

Now to see this actually HURT Ansome somehow, instead of him pull some recovery out of his netherregions that makes him even more powerful. Like doing an "Oh, I wasn't really left-handed anyway. Lemme switch to my right hand" but instead it being, "Oh, I wasn't really tuned with my arken pliers anyway, lemme switch to my Arken doom-gun that I am attuned to." And everyone was wondering where the last arken-tool was.
    Last edited by ishnar; 2009-03-03 at 12:23 AM.
    "If I could just interrupt your stunningly dysfunctional group dynamic for a moment to interject." -- Erfworld

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Treachery during a peace conference? Parson may be a protaganist, but he's no hero.

That one scene, by itself, has made me decide not to buy the graphic novel when it comes out. Although I will wait to see if the situation changes.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Man i'm not sure if i like that ending or not... on the one hand it's a mood killer, on the other hand, it really is hilarious

and i'm in support of the term "BOGROLL'D"

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutant View Post
    She's probably actually referring to that if Jaclyn hadn't flown up to warn Jillian of the fact that Wanda was under no spells here, she wouldn't have been in the range of the 'FR-DOOM' antiair spells.
    The unipegataurs along with various other flying units that stayed behind also got hit... essentially, ALL of them were within range... it's a complete unknown of whether or not Jacklyn would have gotten fried had she stayed back... hell instead of her, one of the other archons might have taken that blast... you want to say she died because she tried to help Jillian, but in essence if she didn't then someone else would have died if not her

Really, i never understood why people are so damn hard on Jacklyn...

If the RCC wins, Charlie has everything he wants. (Parson and the device.) But now Parson has a chance to win, and in that case Charlie gets paid but doesn't get his ultimate warlord or artifact.

Charlie put it best "who could resist a show like that"
    As much as he does want Parson and the artifact, he seems to have curiosity enough to want to see someone pull off the impossible... It's like he's conflicted between making sure he gets what he wants out of this battle and seeing what lord hamster can do.

It could also be the case that Charlie thinks there's still no way parson can win... as much as he struggles and for every good attack he makes, the forces he is facing are far too overwhelming and he will loose... Hell, if you recall, Charlie's archon forces alone were gonna be enough to take the garrison; once those uncroacked turn to dust in a few turns, charlie may think that he will be at the advantage to take Parson by force should he manage to win...
    Last edited by slayerx; 2009-03-03 at 12:31 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Go Bogroll.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutant View Post
    That is what I thought she meant, but.....
    The pegataurs were in the back and they still got fried.

29. - Top - End - #29

I hope Ansom at least gets seriously wounded. I'm tired of his smug little ass getting saved at the last second constantly. It's not even funny any more.

I want him to be a small red smear on the courtyard.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaptC View Post

I think Charlie gets paid more the longer the war stretches out. He cares nothing about lives lost, only the profit. Bad strategy can be good for his pocketbook.
    "If I could just interrupt your stunningly dysfunctional group dynamic for a moment to interject." -- Erfworld