New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 29 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Tippy's Terrifically Terrible Trial

Didn't someone already post that the Elder Evils all have a blanket immunity to ability score damage?
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

2. - Top - End - #452
    Ogre in the Playground

Darrin: get a ghost touch thingamajig to hit the incorporeal Pandorym Mind Shard.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chronos View Post
    Didn't someone already post that the Elder Evils all have a blanket immunity to ability score damage?
    Yeah, my first entry involved paralyzing with Maiming Strike and then sacrificing the elder evil to my own elder evil (one of the LoM ones), but it was brought up that even if you can bypass SA immunity, they still all have a flat immune to ability damage.
    Optimization Showcase in the Playground

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC LXXVI: Talos
    IC LXXV: Alphonse Louise Constant
    IC XLIX: Babalon, Queen of Bones
    IC XLV: Dead Mists
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

4. - Top - End - #454
    Titan in the Playground

Probably. They are also immume to energy drain, which makes the Soul Eater gimmick completely useless.

(It might have helped if I had actually opened up Elder Evils and given it another read-through.)

Hmm... Blister Oil Bombs might still work... lasso + sovereign glue FTW. Can any of the Elder Evils suffocate? 20+ vials of Aboleth Mucus might work on a few of them.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shaikujin View Post
    In one of his posts, Tippy specifically mentioned DCFS'g away all VoP feats at level 20 is acceptable :D

Thanks guys.

I was hoping to save a feat on using Human Heritage (and hopes Tippy allows the reading on sidebar on RoD pg 150).

The one in the DMG was what I was looking for. I remember the half elf being treated as half human part, and assumed that the same applied to Half-Orcs.

But alas, it doesn't.
    He did say it gives negative points because playing a VoP monk is pretty much impossible. My method gives you the upsides without the downsides .

6. - Top - End - #456

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    You have to have the Vow while you're leveling to get the feats, so Reforming into it doesn't get you anything useful, and Tippy's already said he pretty much expects anybody with feat troubles to be making use of PsyRef and/or the Chaos Shuffle. You don't really have to worry about giving up a secret advantage there

As for alignment, there's two ways you can deal with that. You can just change your alignment back after you discard all your Abyssal Heritor feats in the shuffle (get an Atonement or just do it the normal way).. or you can just stay Chaotic. Monks don't actually lose anything for becoming non-lawful except the ability to take more Monk levels, and you don't care about that in this challenge.
    Do you actually? Based on the wording of it it appears you still gain the feats with Psi ref.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
    Yeah, my first entry involved paralyzing with Maiming Strike and then sacrificing the elder evil to my own elder evil.
    That is amazing and you should make it work somehow. Nothing like battles between cultists over whose patron evil is the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

8. - Top - End - #458
    Banned

Male

Quote Originally Posted by Xervous View Post
    Races of destiny has a feat that makes any race that is half human qualify for things as if they were human.

"Human Heritage"
    Actually, it's even better than that. Any creature with human in its hereditary background qualifies, and humans can apparently breed with pretty much anything, so if your great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-grandparent was human, you qualify for the feat.

Basically, if you can fluff it, you can take it.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seer_of_Heart View Post
    Do you actually? Based on the wording of it it appears you still gain the feats with Psi ref.
    Pretty sure. The rules on the Vow are very clear that the feats aren't retroactive- you have to have the Vow when you get your levels in order to get the bonuses. And Psychic Reformation gives you the feat *now*, but it doesn't make it so that you already and always had it at that level- it lets you repick your feats, it doesn't change the past.

10. - Top - End - #460

Well I suppose tippy might have to arbitrate this but the wording of psychic reformation suggests to me you can because it changes your decision and if you had decided to take VoP you would get the feats.

The subject can undo decisions of these sorts that were made at lower levels

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ogre in the Playground

You have to have the Vow while you're leveling to get the feats, so Reforming into it doesn't get you anything useful, and Tippy's already said he pretty much expects anybody with feat troubles to be making use of PsyRef and/or the Chaos Shuffle. You don't really have to worry about giving up a secret advantage there
    Okay, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one who found it silly that it was phrased as a "I am divulging my secrets to you." Kind of post. When basically everyone was using it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

12. - Top - End - #462

Quote Originally Posted by eggynack View Post
    General versus specific isn't usually just two things. It's a pretty large spectrum, where you evaluate everything based upon how deeply specific it is. Like, you have improvised weapon rules, which are more deeply specific than regular weapon rules, and you have drunken master improvised weapon rules, which are deeper than that. As I mentioned, general versus specific doesn't need to be in a book to be true. It is an absolutely fundamental part of most games in existence. It's a corner stone of game design, not some slapdash piece of RAW. If it didn't exist, the game would just not make any sense. Every time you play the game, you use general versus specific without even thinking about it.
    Your logic does not hold. There's nothing to suggest that improvised weapon rules are 'more specific' than regular weapon rules. All rules are specific with that criteria, the example was to point out that we regularly accept that the weapon damage can be changed by virtue of size changes and, given that, there's no foundation for denying the damage increase to improvised weapons.

The Improvised Weapons (Ex) is no different than an equation in place of the original 1d3 for a mug, simple algebra: X = 1d4 + M where M is monk unarmed damage. All those factors can change however based on outside factors, namely I + M (I = f(Improvised Weapon damage)) where I is the function of improvised weapon damage a number of steps higher based on the ability.

Heliomance:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizards of the Coast
    Errata Rule: Primary Sources
    When you find a disagreement between two D&D rules
    sources, unless an official errata file says otherwise, the
    primary source is correct. One example of a
    primary/secondary source is text taking precedence over a
    table entry. An individual spell description takes precedence
    when the short description in the beginning of the spells
    chapter disagrees.
    Another example of primary vs. secondary sources involves
    book and topic precedence. The Player’s Handbook, for
    example, gives all the rules for playing the game, for PC
    races, and the base class descriptions. If you find something
    on one of those topics from the Dungeon Master’s Guide or
    the Monster Manual that disagrees with the Player’s
    Handbook, you should assume the Player’s Handbook is the
    primary source. The Dungeon Master’s Guide is the primary
    source for topics such as magic item descriptions, special
    material construction rules, and so on. The Monster Manual
    is the primary source for monster descriptions, templates, and
    supernatural, extraordinary, and spell-like abilities
    Last edited by Pickford; 2013-06-03 at 01:38 PM.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    Your logic does not hold. There's nothing to suggest that improvised weapon rules are 'more specific' than regular weapon rules.
    "Improvised weapons" are a subset of "weapons". It's kind of obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

14. - Top - End - #464
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

@ Pickford: I don't see what RAW justification you have for making a claim to different improvised weapon damage. The drunken master's improvised weapons deal as much damage as an unarmed strike, plus 1d4. You say that these factors can change, but I don't see any RAW justification for that claim. Your build just doesn't work. If it said, "Your improvised weapons deal your unarmed strike damage, or regular improvised weapon damage, whichever is higher," then yeah, your build would work. It does not say that. It says the thing that acts against your plan.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Bugbear in the Playground

ClericGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Seer_of_Heart View Post
    You know what, while I'd like to keep this trick to myself I'm not getting anywhere in my limited challenge. For anyone who is feat starved(and good) buy psionic reformation to make 2 of your level 1 feats Vow of Poverty then get someone(s) you paid in advance to DCS all your exalted feats and VoP away.
    While DCS on VoP is useful, this particular iteration may not be: the bonus feats for VoP are explicitly the only element of Voluntary Poverty which are not retroactive. If you take VoP at level 16, you only get the bonus feats that come at 16 or after.
    The exact wording, if I recall, is "he only gains those bonus feats that apply for levels he gains after swearing the vow."

I will leave it to others to parse the exact interaction with of that with Psionic Reformation in regards to which rule is more specific.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hecuba View Post
    While DCS on VoP is useful, this particular iteration may not be: the bonus feats for VoP are explicitly the only element of Voluntary Poverty which are not retroactive. If you take VoP at level 16, you only get the bonus feats that come at 16 or after.
    The exact wording, if I recall, is "he only gains those bonus feats that apply for levels he gains after swearing the vow."

I will leave it to others to parse the exact interaction with of that with Psionic Reformation in regards to which rule is more specific.
    Take VoP as early as possible so you get as many feats to re-assign as you can get.

Anyone know a good +0 LA template with natural flight of some kind? Or perhaps some other kind of non-item-based flight? I'm trying to avoid the whole 'use magic item, then Chaos Shuffle and keep the effects' thing.
    Last edited by ShneekeyTheLost; 2013-06-03 at 02:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

17. - Top - End - #467
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Anyone know a good +0 LA template with natural flight of some kind? Or perhaps some other kind of non-item-based flight? I'm trying to avoid the whole 'use magic item, then Chaos Shuffle and keep the effects' thing.
    Feats: Dragontouched (if not dragonblooded) -> Dragon Wings -> Improved Dragon Wings. Or, Shape Soulmeld (Manticore Belt) -> Open Chakra (Shoulders).

As for templates, Dragonborn with the wings aspect. If you're a tosser, Unseelie Fey.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Titan in the Playground

DruidGirl

Take VoP as early as possible so you get as many feats to re-assign as you can get.

Does anthropomorphic bat work? The strength hit is problematic, but the wisdom is pretty seriously nice.

19. - Top - End - #469
    Ogre in the Playground

Raptoran monk can have some cool flavor.
    Also Dragon Wings feat after being a Dragonwrought Kobold... but... yea no.
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Firbolg in the Playground

Unseelie Fey.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

21. - Top - End - #471

Build idea:
    Use power attack + damage multipliers on top of Scorpion Kama (base weapon damage changed to 12d8) to guarantee a quick 1 hit or 1 round kill. Leave no chance for opponents to counter attack, cast spells or do any damage.

I will submit 2 builds, 1 for 20 levels of an actual SRD Monk. The second will be far cheesier for using 3 levels of non-monk (using Soulknife for at least 1 of the levels. Yes, a combo of the 2 weakest classes), and the remaining 17 will be mainly Psionic Fist.

First, the level 20 Monk build (still a draft, also missing numbers and formatting etc)

Features:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Actual all monk levels in full spirit of the challenge.
    2. No casting/enabler classes.
    3. Free action movement up to 1000 feet per round.
    4. Actually being able to use Slow Fall because I'm only 5 feet away from the ground. When I use subjective gravity to "fall" horizontally, the ground turns into a wall within 5 feet that I can use. I cannot use feather fall, due to it slowing me down to 60 feet per round
    5. Persisting of spells and buffs without using DMM Persist or Spelldancer
    6. Persisting of spells and buffs that are not normally doable using DMM or Spelldancer
    7. Permanent duration buffs
    8. Cost effective build. I only need to use each consumable scroll once, and it lasts forever.
    9. Weapon enchantments are split into multiple items, so instead of paying 200k for a +10 weapon, I can split the properties among 7 weapons of +2/+3/+4/+5/+6 each. Depending on the properties chosen, at minimum this works out to be 5 weapons of +2 costing 20k
    10. Psuedo AMF effects that doesn't affect Rorc Lee
    11. Immunity to AMF, Dispel
    12. Overwhelming damage higher than what a fully optimized Barbarian can do
    13. More attacks than any dual wielding build, more damage than 2 handed weapon build
    14. Weapon itself is a non 3rd party published weapon (it's from Dragon magazine) that has +15 reach and threatens all opponents within reach
    15. All within reach dies in first round due to Great Cleave
    16. Unarmed attack has +64 enhancement bonus
    17. 1200 damage per hit, I can hit 6 times in a flurry

While any class can use parts of the build, there are a couple of abilities unique to a monk - Unarmed Damage progression, Flurry progression (which is an enhanced TWF that works on 2 handed weapons), Unarmored Speed progression, AC progression.

These are the abilities I try to synergize and capitalize on.

I present:
    Rorc Lee, the Half-Orc Lv 20 Monk
    Spoiler
    Show

Main assumption is that Genesis shenanigans can be used.

*Consumables
    • *Awaken specifics - Hire NPC spellcaster to "Polymorph any Object" Rorc Lee into a Tree, then cast a Maximized Empowered Awaken to get 18 + (0.5 x 3d6). Repeat until I get max on the rolls. If Epic feats allowed (Gate scrolls with high enough CL to gate in Epic level Solars/Dragonwrought Kobold), I will use Intensified.
    • *Would have also tried polymorphing into a animal subsequently for another Maximum Empowered Awaken to get an arbitarily high Cha. But I'm not sure if the 2 HD messes with this challenge, and also whether this pushes it into the no infinite loops restriction.

Monk 20 with Invisible Fist and Dark Moon Disciple ACFs

Feats (will need to buy a few magical locations to DCFS):
    Planar Touchstone to get EWP (Rope Dart) and Weapon Focus
    Power Attack (add damage equal to 2 x BAB)
    Leap Attack (errata'd to +100% of Power attack damage)
    Battle Jump (x 2 damage)
    Power Lunge (x2 Str damage, Ghostwalk)
    True Believer
    Headlong Rush
    Improved Bull Rush
    Shock Trooper
    Robilar's Gambit
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Darkstalker
    Item Familiar

To consider:
    Improved Critical (or maybe just use a keen scabbard)
    Beastial Strike (Dragon #355)

All equipment below are Psionic versions.

Weapons

Armor

Equipment

Grafts

Consumables

*Note, except for Genesis, all spells are actually Psionic versions converted by an Spell to Power Erudite.
    The Erudite learned the spells from a Generic Arcane Spell caster (SRD), who can learn any Arcane and Divine spells as Arcane.
    If I am unable to find one, I will rebuild my levels to become the Erudite and/or Generic Arcane spellcaster myself.
    For converting 9th level spells, I will use Dragonwrought Kobold or Barghest shinnegans to qualify for Epic feats/manifesting and convert the spells.

Demiplane "The Rorc":

Buffs
    • To be added.
      All spells cast on Rorc Lee are permanent. Will start off referring to the normal DMM builds.

Tactic:
    Carry acorn with me. (For now, in a hollow hilt of my knee blade)
    Morph Scorpion Karma into a Rope Dart (Dragon 319, pg 73). 2 handed Exotic Weapon. Reach 15 feet. Can be used in a flurry. Can be used to trip.
    1d4, Crit 20/x4

The Elder Evils have blindsense of 500. I stealth and hide just outside that range and wait for a time until I have a clear line of attack.
    Manifest Psionic Lion's Charge.
    Jump a little to trigger Leap attack, then change my subjective gravity to fall 500 feet towards the elder Evil.
    Falling is a free action.
    Free falling speed is 500 feet a round (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040706a)
    So I will be able to reach the elder evil in a round, executing a diving charge attack, delivering enough damage with my 6 flurry attacks to kill it in the surprise round.
    Spells and effects that touch me basically winks out of effect since my plane is considered a dead magic zone to Arcane and Divine spells.

Numbers:

Items that increase virtual size

Items that increases Monk levels:

Normal walking speed is 100 feet per round.
    Flight is 200 feet per round at good manueverability.
    Actual movement speed is 500 as a free action on round 1, 1000 on round 2. If a move action is used, add twice flight speed to this.

AC at rough count is my Dex bonus (10) + Wis bonus (14) + Bracers (+5 from enchantment) + Greater Mage Armor (6) + Eighteen defending weapons (18 x 5) = 125

Damage:

Last edited by shaikujin; 2013-06-03 at 05:06 PM.

22. - Top - End - #472

Also, I name my demiplane "The Rorc"

23. - Top - End - #473
    Ogre in the Playground

*whistles* I think you win, shaikujin.

However, you should come up with an alternate method of beating, no surprises here, Pandorym's Mind Shard. It cuts off access to the planes.

24. - Top - End - #474

You're trying to do this with VoP (no shuffling) aren't you?

Good luck, I want you to win, seriously just for that.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Titan in the Playground

What part of that required you to be human?
    Time travels in divers paces with divers persons.
    As You Like It, III:ii:328

Chronos's Unalliterative Skillmonkey Guide
    Current Homebrew: 5th edition psionics

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shaikujin View Post
    Build idea:
    Use power attack + damage multipliers on top of Scorpion Kama (base weapon damage changed to 12d8) to guarantee a quick 1 hit or 1 round kill. Leave no chance for opponents to counter attack, cast spells or do any damage.

I will submit 2 builds, 1 for 20 levels of an actual SRD Monk. The second will be far cheesier for using 3 levels of non-monk (using Soulknife for at least 1 of the levels. Yes, a combo of the 2 weakest classes), and the remaining 17 will be mainly Psionic Fist.

First, the level 20 Monk build (still a draft, also missing numbers and formatting etc)

Features:
    Spoiler
    Show
    1. Actual all monk levels in full spirit of the challenge.
    2. No casting/enabler classes.
    3. Free action movement up to 1000 feet per round.
    4. Actually being able to use Slow Fall because I'm only 5 feet away from the ground. When I use subjective gravity to "fall" horizontally, the ground turns into a wall within 5 feet that I can use. I cannot use feather fall, due to it slowing me down to 60 feet per round
    5. Persisting of spells and buffs without using DMM Persist or Spelldancer
    6. Persisting of spells and buffs that are not normally doable using DMM or Spelldancer
    7. Permanent duration buffs
    8. Cost effective build. I only need to use each consumable scroll once, and it lasts forever.
    9. Weapon enchantments are split into multiple items, so instead of paying 200k for a +10 weapon, I can split the properties among 7 weapons of +2/+3/+4/+5/+6 each. Depending on the properties chosen, at minimum this works out to be 5 weapons of +2 costing 20k
    10. Psuedo AMF effects that doesn't affect Rorc Lee
    11. Immunity to AMF, Dispel
    12. Overwhelming damage higher than what a fully optimized Barbarian can do
    13. More attacks than any dual wielding build, more damage than 2 handed weapon build
    14. Weapon itself is a non 3rd party published weapon (it's from Dragon magazine) that has +15 reach and threatens all opponents within reach
    15. All within reach dies in first round due to Great Cleave
    16. Unarmed attack has +64 enhancement bonus
    17. 1200 damage per hit, I can hit 6 times in a flurry

While any class can use parts of the build, there are a couple of abilities unique to a monk - Unarmed Damage progression, Flurry progression (which is an enhanced TWF that works on 2 handed weapons), Unarmored Speed progression, AC progression.

These are the abilities I try to synergize and capitalize on.

I present:
    Rorc Lee, the Half-Orc Lv 20 Monk
    Spoiler
    Show

Main assumption is that Genesis shenanigans can be used.

*Consumables
    • *Awaken specifics - Hire NPC spellcaster to "Polymorph any Object" Rorc Lee into a Tree, then cast a Maximized Empowered Awaken to get 18 + (0.5 x 3d6). Repeat until I get max on the rolls. If Epic feats allowed (Gate scrolls with high enough CL to gate in Epic level Solars/Dragonwrought Kobold), I will use Intensified.
    • *Would have also tried polymorphing into a animal subsequently for another Maximum Empowered Awaken to get an arbitarily high Cha. But I'm not sure if the 2 HD messes with this challenge, and also whether this pushes it into the no infinite loops restriction.

Monk 20 with Invisible Fist and Dark Moon Disciple ACFs

Feats (will need to buy a few magical locations to DCFS):
    Planar Touchstone to get EWP (Rope Dart) and Weapon Focus
    Power Attack (add damage equal to 2 x BAB)
    Leap Attack (errata'd to +100% of Power attack damage)
    Battle Jump (x 2 damage)
    Power Lunge (x2 Str damage, Ghostwalk)
    True Believer
    Headlong Rush
    Improved Bull Rush
    Shock Trooper
    Robilar's Gambit
    Cleave
    Great Cleave
    Darkstalker
    Item Familiar

To consider:
    Improved Critical (or maybe just use a keen scabbard)
    Beastial Strike (Dragon #355)

All equipment below are Psionic versions.

Weapons

Armor

Equipment

Grafts

Consumables

*Note, except for Genesis, all spells are actually Psionic versions converted by an Spell to Power Erudite.
    The Erudite learned the spells from a Generic Arcane Spell caster (SRD), who can learn any Arcane and Divine spells as Arcane.
    If I am unable to find one, I will rebuild my levels to become the Erudite and/or Generic Arcane spellcaster myself.
    For converting 9th level spells, I will use Dragonwrought Kobold or Barghest shinnegans to qualify for Epic feats/manifesting and convert the spells.

Demiplane "The Rorc":

Buffs
    • To be added.
      All spells cast on Rorc Lee are permanent. Will start off referring to the normal DMM builds.

Tactic:
    Carry acorn with me. (For now, in a hollow hilt of my knee blade)
    Morph Scorpion Karma into a Rope Dart (Dragon 319, pg 73). 2 handed Exotic Weapon. Reach 15 feet. Can be used in a flurry. Can be used to trip.
    1d4, Crit 20/x4

The Elder Evils have blindsense of 500. I stealth and hide just outside that range and wait for a time until I have a clear line of attack.
    Manifest Psionic Lion's Charge.
    Jump a little to trigger Leap attack, then change my subjective gravity to fall 500 feet towards the elder Evil.
    Falling is a free action.
    Free falling speed is 500 feet a round (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/rg/20040706a)
    So I will be able to reach the elder evil in a round, executing a diving charge attack, delivering enough damage with my 6 flurry attacks to kill it in the surprise round.
    Spells and effects that touch me basically winks out of effect since my plane is considered a dead magic zone to Arcane and Divine spells.

Numbers:

Items that increase virtual size

Items that increases Monk levels:

Normal walking speed is 100 feet per round.
    Flight is 200 feet per round at good manueverability.
    Actual movement speed is 500 as a free action on round 1, 1000 on round 2. If a move action is used, add twice flight speed to this.

AC at rough count is my Dex bonus (10) + Wis bonus (14) + Bracers (+5 from enchantment) + Greater Mage Armor (6) + Eighteen defending weapons (18 x 5) = 125

Damage:

Wow. Oh wow.
    Btw where's the errata for Leap Attack?

Also, has anyone looked at Braid Blades? Monk weapons with which you can have an ambiguous number of in your hair?
    Last edited by Zombulian; 2013-06-03 at 06:48 PM.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

What part of that required you to be human?
    Battle Jump's regional requirement is Human from the Taer region, IIRC.

I don't think Pandorym's sign actually blocks off Roc's personal invulnerability plane (I also don't think it would make a huge difference, since Pandorym's shard isn't all that hard to just walk up to and kick in the gaseous face once you can survive its attacks. Mind Blank defangs like 80% of its threat.) It's pretty specific about what it actually does stop- divine casting, conjurations except the Creation subschool, and divinations that contact other-planar beings. Neither Acorn of Far Travel nor the Genesis spell itself go under those categories.. so I'm pretty sure Rorc can hammer his way through everything fairly easily. Only thing I can see that might be a problem is if Lucather Majii decides to be smart and lays a Disjunction on him.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Troll in the Playground

Battle Jump's regional requirement is Human from the Taer region, IIRC.
    Actually, it just says "Region: Taer." Which is confusing, because Taer isn't a region - it's a race of hairy medium-sized giants. (You know, in case medium giant wasn't confusing enough...)

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD
    IC XL: Lycus Blackbeak
    IC XXXIX: AM-1468
    IC XXXV: Parsifal the Fool
    IC XXX: Jal Filius

29. - Top - End - #479
    Troll in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Piggy Knowles View Post
    Actually, it just says "Region: Taer." Which is confusing, because Taer isn't a region - it's a race of hairy medium-sized giants. (You know, in case medium giant wasn't confusing enough...)
    Page 40 of UE explains them as character regions and a bit further on a racial regions. It is odd nonetheless.
    Last edited by nyjastul69; 2013-06-03 at 07:05 PM.
    Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.- Benjamin Franklin

I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. -Evelyn Beatrice Hall

30. - Top - End - #480
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by nyjastul69 View Post
    Page 40 of UE explains them as character regions and a bit further on a racial regions. It is odd nonetheless.
    True... but this section doesn't actually help matters:

Quote Originally Posted by Unapproachable East, p41
    Taer Region

Taers live in the cold mountains of the Unapproachable East, principally the Giantspire Mountains of Narfell and the Icerim Mountains of the North Country. This region reflects a taer driven into exile by his clan.
    In any case, this came up in response to tyckspoon saying that Battle Jump requires you to be a human from the Taer region. Nothing in the "Taer region" mentions humans at all, though, only taer. So I'm really not sure why Human Heritage/RoD sidebar is needed, since presumably the build is qualifying for Battle Jump via ranks in knowledge (local - taer) rather than by being a taer.

That said, I love the build, although one minor nitpick: you can't Battle Jump from 500 feet up:

Quote Originally Posted by Battle Jump
    You can't jump from more than 30 feet above your opponent, nor can you effectively battle jump while under the influence of a fly or levitate spell or effect, as you have to hurl yourself down at your foe.

Former projects:
    Shadowcaster Handbook
    Archer Build Compendium

Iron Chef Awards!
    Spoiler
    Show

GOLD