New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1494
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by Player_Zero View Post
    I don't believe thermite would do much to your brain if you poured it into your ear. You have to ignite that stuff ya' know.
    Also, thermite would just burn your brain, not melt it. To melt your brain you have to open up your skull and put some acid in there.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: The Throne of Thufir's Thoroughly Theoretical and Therapeutic Random Banter #116

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    They used to be the Anaheim Angels and we (who lived in California at the time) always joked how sad it would be if they went to L.A.

Then they became the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim, which is a stupid name and was due to some kind of franchising contract thingy (I could Google it for details, I suppose, couldn't I?).

Are they just plain L.A. Angels now?
    ATM Machine.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    ATM Machine.
    PIN Number.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Titan in the Playground

Curly: Any 16-year-old IN THE UK. They don't teach that stuff here (that I know of, and if they do, I'm insanely jealous of people who've gone to school for it...not that I'd go to school JUST to learn that when I can do it right here right now by myself).
    Imagine it!
    Us non-native english speakers!

Seriously. I think I learn more english here in two months then I have in all my years of english lessons.

Not kidding.

I think a major part of that comes from you, Curly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

PIN Number.
    Only people who know Spanish, or have been previously informed of the meaning, will know why I brought up my first example.

Also, I believe they have the "of Wherever" in their name, but that was beside the point .

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ettin in the Playground

So no midnight screening for me...
    Because of my dad and me still being one bad day away from killing each other.

...I think I need to forum hide again.
    Nothing but a Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cogwheel View Post
    Also, are you even human any more, or did you just transcend into some sort of in-joke singularity?

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Titan in the Playground

Yay for forum hide.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Only people who know Spanish, or have been previously informed of the meaning, will know why I brought up my first example.
    But even if ellos no se llaman español, it still sounds redundant.

I just went to Google to get the character "ñ" (I'm sure there are other ways but that seems quickest) and I was about to use its name (eñe) when I realized that you need it in order to type its name. So I typed "n tilde" instead.

9. - Top - End - #1029

Go back to America.

In England it's maths. Regardless of whether or not you believe it should be so or not this is how it is in England. You undoubtedly use slang terms which are unique to your part of England, if you're saying maths is math then I say that all of your slang, and in fact your accent too, is also wrong.
    It's an idiosyncracy ingrained into me after ten years (Wow) of fighting with CurlyKitBoy over this subject and others.
    One of us is always the devils' advocate even when we both agree.
    And my accent is perfectly alright for where I am. You crazy northerners oop north.

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Imagine it!
    Us non-native english speakers!

Seriously. I think I learn more english here in two months then I have in all my years of english lessons.

Not kidding.

I think a major part of that comes from you, Curly.
    Just spreading my love, spreading my geeky linguistic love. And helping with homework, odd queries and just because.

And if I really help so many people so much I suppose I should start tutoring or charging.
    What says the Playground?

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Ogre in the Playground

I suggest you start tutoring. I looks good on an application.
    Yet another Touhou fan in the playground.
    I'm the strongest, but don't call me an idiot or I'll cyro-freeze you together with some English Beef. - Cirno Avatar by me, assassin8⑨

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by unstattedCommoner View Post
    I believe that was implied.
    Your face was implied.

12. - Top - End - #1032

Quote Originally Posted by Assassin 89 View Post
    I suggest you start tutoring. I looks good on an application.
    Britlander who has already applied to, and has been accepted to several unis.

But yeah, I prolly will. Good pay, and I'm good at what I do. Sometimes.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    You crazy northerners oop north.
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1034

But even if ellos no se llaman español, it still sounds redundant.
    Hold on, wouldn't it be ellis no hablan español, not se llaman? Simply, llamarse means "to call yourself" and is often used when stating one's name. For example, me llamo dragonprime. So unless all these people are named español, or if I'm mistaken, then it should in fact be ellos no hablan español.

Also, learning Spanish in school has finally done me some good.
    "Love takes up where knowledge leaves off."
    - St. Thomas Aquinas

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Banned

SwashbucklerGuy

*disengages lurking field*

And my accent is perfectly alright for where I am. You crazy northerners oop north.
    Not *so* crazy. We avoid flooding, snow storms, water shortages, or the dread possibility of infection with the French.

Our voices are harmonious and lyrical. No craven southron lickspittles we; our speech echoes with the vigour and courage of the Old North. Strong of thew and firm of purpose we have tamed our wild land and made of it a paradise. The blessed earth we walk upon is gravid with all things bountiful and useful, and the stones themselves are a comfort and workmate to us.

Oh, and don't forget we're still rebounding from the removal of glacial ice. You lot are sinking...

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    The girl I was sat next to on the train earlier had a dog in a bag. A little tiny dog. In a blue jumper. In a bag. It was like a Paris Hilton cliche. Madness.
    Look closer. That's not a she; it's Mickey Rourke!

*surveys smoking conversational carnage, nods in satisfaction at job well done, relurks*
    Last edited by bosssmiley; 2009-03-05 at 05:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

Your face was implied.
    It's true.

Mickey Rourke is slightly crazy. By which I mean pretty dang crazy. He scares me slightly for some reason.

Stop your messin' around Ah AAH better think of your future.

17. - Top - End - #1037
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Your face's mother was implied, Player Zero.

AW snap he WENT THERE
    Spoiler
    Show
    <-I won this from Dr. Bath.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Barbarian in the Playground

It's an idiosyncracy ingrained into me after ten years (Wow) of fighting with CurlyKitBoy over this subject and others.
    One of us is always the devils' advocate even when we both agree.
    You know, for all that I come from Yorkshire, I have never heard anyone actually say "oop". Ever. One day I'll find someone who does say this, and I shall kidnap him for some kind of Yorkshire preservation museum.

Also, there's a CurlyKitBoy?

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ogre in the Playground

It's true.

Mickey Rourke is slightly crazy. By which I mean pretty dang crazy. He scares me slightly for some reason.

Stop your messin' around Ah AAH better think of your future.
    The correct retaliation is "Your mums face is implied".

Silly Bath.
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dragonprime View Post
    Hold on, wouldn't it be ellis no hablan español, not se llaman? Simply, llamarse means "to call yourself" and is often used when stating one's name. For example, me llamo dragonprime. So unless all these people are named español, or if I'm mistaken, then it should in fact be ellos no hablan español.

Also, learning Spanish in school has finally done me some good.
    Eeep.

I'm tired.

Yes, you're right.

Apparently, no hablo español, either.
    Last edited by Dragonrider; 2009-03-05 at 05:52 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Apparently, no hablo español, either.
    Hablo un poco de español.

By which I mean, I could definitely survive and get around, but I couldn't comment on the latest stock upturn.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rutskarn View Post
    Your face's mother was implied, Player Zero.

AW snap he WENT THERE
    For that matter and totally unrelated to whatever anyone else was talking about:

Remember that episode of pokemon, one of the first ones, where Ash fought some bug trainer with his metapod and the other guy used a metapod too and they both only had harden attack so nothing happened, they just sat there using harden?

What the hell was the point in doing that?

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ettin in the Playground

By which I mean, I could definitely survive and get around, but I couldn't comment on the latest stock upturn.
    Odd, I find I can ONLY comment on the latest stock upturn...

And breathe.
    Last edited by Phase; 2009-03-05 at 06:14 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1044
    Ogre in the Playground

For that matter and totally unrelated to whatever anyone else was talking about:

Remember that episode of pokemon, one of the first ones, where Ash fought some bug trainer with his metapod and the other guy used a metapod too and they both only had harden attack so nothing happened, they just sat there using harden?

What the hell was the point in doing that?
    Comedy?
    Time wasting, maybe?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

25. - Top - End - #1045

Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    *disengages lurking field*

Not *so* crazy. We avoid flooding, snow storms, water shortages, or the dread possibility of infection with the French.

Our voices are harmonious and lyrical. No craven southron lickspittles we; our speech echoes with the vigour and courage of the Old North. Strong of thew and firm of purpose we have tamed our wild land and made of it a paradise. The blessed earth we walk upon is gravid with all things bountiful and useful, and the stones themselves are a comfort and workmate to us.

Oh, and don't forget we're still rebounding from the removal of glacial ice. You lot are sinking...
    I'll have you know I'm the entire width of the country away from DOver and that place where the Chunnel is. The closest part of France to me is Brittany and that's practically Cornwall. But French and Breton - speaking. And they do delicious pastries.
    And I don't think I'll be isnking any time soon. I also think I can deflate your Northern superiority with one word.
    Scotland.
    Even the Scots hate Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaedra View Post
    You know, for all that I come from Yorkshire, I have never heard anyone actually say "oop". Ever. One day I'll find someone who does say this, and I shall kidnap him for some kind of Yorkshire preservation museum.

Also, there's a CurlyKitBoy?
    Meh. The Pythons. They has 'em. Famous. Stereotype land. Things happen. Now you all wear flat caps, have big dogs, all country estates are Wuthering Heights and you're all coal miners.

And yes. There's a CurlyKitBoy. I'm actually older than him by about three months. He's cool. And also the reason CurlyKitGirl is so called. But CKG, Curly, Kurly, Koorly, Korli, Koorli et al; all GitPs'.
    Oh, yeah.
    Not boyfriend. Not related. Just been friends since Y4. We're practically polar opposites. He likes math and the sciences and computers. He applied to Cambridge (didn't get in though; but he's going to Edinburgh!).
    I like English, languages and the humanities. Applied to the other uni.
    Both geeky as geeky people and a surprising amount of our friends know the other one.
    That's the story of CKB.
    By default, CKB is also the name of all my male avvies as well which is slightly unnerving now I think about it. Especially the nekkid catboy.

. . .

And we catch the same bus . . . :groan:

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Ogre in the Playground

Aaaaah. Can't be bothered to work. Which is a pity. Aaaaaaah.
    *facepalmingheaddesk*
    *wants the next episode of Skins to be on noooooow*
    *yawns* Kaela tired.
    Words, my weapons...
    Je veux aller sous votre peau.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

Dihan-atar

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    You rascally psychopath, you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    On the phone, people talk back. And over. And aren't obliged to listen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felixaar View Post
    Kael, awesome.
    I has been owned.
    Yup, Kael beat the Book Geek at her own game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Don't tick off Kaelawrath. The dear fellow is above reproach.

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

I'm finally kicking this cold, so that's nice.

If it's not gone in a week, just kill me, jettison the corpse into space, and set it on fire.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Barbarian in the Playground

Meh. The Pythons. They has 'em. Famous. Stereotype land. Things happen. Now you all wear flat caps, have big dogs, all country estates are Wuthering Heights and you're all coal miners.
    It's true. You caught us. Now, let me fetch me flat cap and t'whippet. I need to go out to t'moors to check on those kids I sent down t'mine.

I never want to have to write t' again. I feel dirty inside.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Banned

Is now the time to edge sideways into the conversation, raise an eyebrow, and drawl out "Meow," in two salacious syllables?

It is.

Perhaps the Boy could be persuaded to wear a belled collar. Red Nose Day approaches; silly dress is to be expected. . .

Also, I'm adding Yorkshire to the list of Places I Can't Expect to Visit and Have Them Know How to Pronounce My Sodding Name. In the unlikely event I'm called upon to name children, no dipthongs will be found in those names.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2009-03-05 at 06:29 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

I've been taking it for a whole quarter and a half - so I know just enough to be dangerous. I really, really like it. My GOAL is fluency, even if it takes living in a Latin American country to achieve it.

EVEN if? ESPECIALLY if. Me loves travel.