1. - Top - End - #1321
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: My Little Pony XXVII: Eternal Chaos comes with Chocolate Rain

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    so 2 small things hit me that i havent seen mentioned yet
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Twilights Teleport spell is safe: no worries about ending up inside another object/another object inside you...as we saw when she teleported and destroyed the beach ball the CMC were playing with

2) Twilights face in said scene...scariest moment in the series...i figured out why it was so scary/creepy
    Hai Gurlz! Here's Johhny
    they totally went Nicholson on us
    best side by side? pause johnny at 5 seconds...pause twi at 18 seconds... then flip between them---SAME expression
    On your first point, given you could probably arrive in the same location and y'know tear your away out. What with the hollow air filled space and all....

Stop having sane conversation!
    No Keep It Together!

2. - Top - End - #1322
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ……

All the Bronies in this thread are crazy.
    I know, right? I can't tell them apart anymore either, I swear.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    Episode 3 discussion:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Pandering"? or do you mean that there was a tone shift into something more adult-oriented? I think that that has to do more with the dropped E/I status than anything else; the show would've been like this from the start if they hadn't had to work around those constraints, whether that's a good thing or not.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I guess that could be what I'm looking for. I'm not too sure if the dropping of the status is a good thing or not, we'll just have to wait and see. I know this episode sat well with the Bronies, I'm just concerned it may have alienated a little bit of the original target audience; specifically the younger end of the spectrum (3 - 5).

...Although the more and more I think about it, the less likely I think it actually is.
    Avatar by DirtyTabs in the Adopt-A-Pony thread.

Thank you all so much for voting!
    Co-Winner of Rainbow Dash in the Playground!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

3. - Top - End - #1323

All of the crazy twi avatars are incredible disconcerting, by the way.
    Last edited by Capt. Ido Nos; 2011-10-17 at 10:08 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1324
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    Yeah, I guess that could be what I'm looking for. I'm not too sure if the dropping of the status is a good thing or not, we'll just have to wait and see. I know this episode sat well with the Bronies, I'm just concerned it may have alienated a little bit of the original target audience; specifically the younger end of the spectrum (3 - 5).

...Although the more and more I think about it, the less likely I think it actually is.
    Considering the popularity of shows such as Spongebob Squarepants, Ren and Stimpy, or Rocco's Modern Life, I'm pretty confident that kids have a pretty high zany tolerance.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

5. - Top - End - #1325

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Ido Nos View Post
    Yes. Yes they are. It makes me feel like I should run very, very far away as fast as my hooves can carry me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Considering the popularity of shows such as Spongebob Squarepants, Ren and Stimpy, or Rocco's Modern Life, I'm pretty confident that kids have a pretty high zany tolerance.
    Point taken. I just literally can not remember at what age I started watching cartoons like that. It may have been younger than I thought.

I wish Rocco's Modern Life was still on the air, come to think about it.

Spoiler
    Show
    For your dedication to ponies and giving us all entertainment with your quote tree o' doom, I hereby award you the Louisianan Purchase. How can I do that? Long story short, let's just say I picked a doozy of a poker game to go "all in".

6. - Top - End - #1326
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    ……

All the Bronies in this thread are crazy.
    Nah, this is par for the course. Wait till the Luna episode. I bet that'll drive everypony crazy!

7. - Top - End - #1327
    Titan in the Playground

BUH.

This is the last time I wait so long to watch the episode, but I've got good reason this time!

Amish's Computer Woes (spoiled for RL nonsense and such):
    Spoiler
    Show
    So I took my laptop in for repairs, and with labor, repair costs, part ordering, and all that jazz, the total repair cost would be somewhere on the order of >25% the original cost of my 2-3 year old lappy. Yeah, not worth it. It's a lousy thing to do over what amounts to case failure, but it just wasn't worth repairing.

Fortunately, my parents decided to get me my Christmas present early, and fronted the cost of an upgrade. My old lappy will be servicing as a backup computer/file repository for now. And this is my first ponythread post from my new laptop. About twice the specs of the old one, about a hundred dollars cheaper.

Moore's Law, fillies and gentlecolts. It's a beautiful thing.

Actual EP 3 thoughts:

Spoiler
    Show
    I really liked it. Crazy Twi was hard to watch, but I think that was the point. I loved how they handled Celestia in this one. A lot less jarring then her previous sudden appearances. Spike was awesome, overall aesop was awesome, great gags, Big Mac you so silly, loved it.

Oddly enough, in getting up to speed on the latest Midnight RP, I think I covered most of the major conversation topics without reading the whole thread. I'm definitely remembering that tactic next time I have to play catch-up. That being said, what all happened in the last three days, aside from all the Twilights driving Midnight to shenanigans?

Also:

I had an insane avatar before it was cool.

*becomes Element of Hipster Pirates*
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

8. - Top - End - #1328

Thanks for understanding Midnight. *Huggles*
    It's no problem, you're welcome! I completely understand because it's the same for me. *huggles back!*

That's a completely different universe at this point. Continuities between thread Equestria and Rarity's Night Equestria have exploded.
    Yeah, exactly. They've crossed over to the realm of Storytime, as opposed to the madness of the thread.

I always called it "TwiMac".
    That appears to be the generally acceptable combination, yeah.

I am so totally stealing that word. Adorasexy. I like it.

And I am very inclined to agree. o///o
    *SuccuMidnight smiles, and that nimble little tail flicks, wrapping playfully around Jade, and she gives her cheek a gentle kiss.

"I'm glad to hear that..."

Awww! I missed you by like five minutes.

*Reads on* Or you already have a post up. Awesome! On it like Pinkie Pie on Cupcakes!
    Heehee, I woke up before you, yeah. Or at least beat you to the thread today.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    HELPING

Spoiler
    Show
    "If I did would that make you aaaaangry? Angry enough to make a deal?"

*Twilight's eye was twitching plenty to match.*
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Uhm...uhm...no! I wouldn't...wouldn't b e angry at all! Not at all! Really! So there's no need at all for you to do that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Helping Midnight
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Again, you could just go to the one place these Twilights would never find you... MAGIC KINDERGARTEN. DUNDUNDUNNN!" Leo grins, then points behind the horde of Twilights. "Look, somepony is saving their place in book by folding the corner!"
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Nooo, I don't want to go back to Magic Kindergarten either! I'm a fully grown mare, darn it! I'm going to go back to hiding under my bed. I'm taking Jade, Beeskee, and Lixie with me. >.>

Rarity's Night
    Spoiler
    Show
    If her mind had been completely there, she would be kicking herself for her foalish slips ups. There was nothing graceful that she was exuding right now. No, she was being just as clumsy and oafish as Rainbow Dash could be. The doubt she felt now began to intermingle with nervousness, and a sense of failure. She sucked the night's cold air into her lungs, straightening herself nearly imperceptibly, steeling herself to bring back that swagger and grace she knew she needed. She could not be off her game tonight, she thought to herself.

She didn't even notice herself being pulled in, closer and closer, farther across the table.

Their lips met. Her entire being seemed to erupt into fireworks at his touch. Everything melted away. The same magic, the same spark from before, but s much stronger. So much more tantalizing. Her hoof raised to his shoulder, resting gently over it as she pressed her lips to his, her head tilting slightly, her eyes fluttering closed. Doubt dissolved. Worry transformed under its power into confidence and unabashed joy.

There was nothing that she could ever do to make this Prince before her think differently of her. It was as if more than just bodies touched. Something so intimate, something so powerful that mere words could not describe the grandeur of this single solitary moment.

After what seemed as though a blissful eternity, their lips finally parted, a coy smile upon her lips. The food below them was slowly going cold, and she could not care less.

"Prince..." She cooed, pausing for a moment to select the perfect words. "You have swept this fair lady clean off of her hooves." Barely a whisper, their faces nary an inch apart. Her hoof slid down his shoulder and foreleg, eventually coming to rest upon his own. "If only Luna could hold the night... If only this moment could last into eternity."

---

Sweetie Bell chuckled softly to herself at Spike's supposed reason for stopping by. Sure, she knew that he meant that on a level, but she knew for a fact that he had come to fawn over Rarity just a bit more. Her head shook as she glanced back to the still relatively tiny dragon from the vase, her expression quickly turning quizzical at the look of relative horror washing over his face.

"Um... Spike? Are you doing alright?" Something about special flowers. That didn't really make sense to her. Sure, they were gorgeous, but they didn't really seem to warrant that reaction. Spike didn't know what she knew though. If those really had come from Midnight, then that pretty much confirmed what she'd figured when she'd seen Midnight's stallion lookalike trotting down the walk in the height of fashion.

Wait. Rarity had said she had a date with a Prince tonight. Could Midnight's magic even do that? And what about his relation... and her relation... And... oh Celestia. That wasn't just a lookalike. That was actually Midnight!

And poor Spike. By only what he had seen he was really only being paranoid; even if he was most likely right in his conclusion. She may have enjoyed getting on his nerves every once in a while, but she couldn't let him go through what he was about to. She had to think fast.

"Well, Midnight was here earlier. I'm not sure what the two were doing... But maybe Midnight gave them to Rarity for inspiration for a dress?" She didn't sound that convinced herself, but she flashed him a soft smile, glancing around the room for anything that could match those colors that she could point to as evidence.

There, plain as day was Midnight's gala dress, absolutely destroyed. She could almost feel the relief wash over her. "Yeah, probably. Probably working on her dress." She motioned to it with a hoof. "You know Rarity. Always wants to improve on perfection."

Spike didn't need to know what was probably going on somewhere in Ponyville tonight. She couldn't bear to see how he would react if he caught wind. Regardless of how unlikely the two were to ever get together, Spikes feelings were not faked. Quite the contrary in fact. It would completely break his heart to know that his own sister swiped the object of his affections right out from under his nose.

She quietly resolved to figure out just what in the hay was going on for herself once Spike had been tended to though. Something just wasn't right; the obvious couldn't be the truth.

"Just what's so special about the flowers Spike?"
    Yay! Gives me something to read then respond to on my transit time to and from work! *dances*

Y'know, I don't think I can even use ponysanity as an excuse anymore. I think we simply all be crazy.

9. - Top - End - #1329
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Nah, this is par for the course. Wait till the Luna episode. I bet that'll drive everypony crazy!
    This thread will go to speeds unheard of after that episode. And the over zealous Luna fans will start a nuclear war over at Ponychan, AND IT WILL BE GLORIOUS!
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

10. - Top - End - #1330
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

That was the point.
    No it its not, the point is to learn a lesson about friendship
    Well it sounds like this pony has a problem then
    What, PROBLEM can we fix it?

YESSS!!!

11. - Top - End - #1331
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by EsperDerek View Post
    "I look forwards to our next...private lesson, Mistress Lixie!"
    Blushing and large amounts of nodding.

Midnight Trixibelle Lunata Celeste Sparkle!

...Bahahaha. Depending on what everypony else thinks, I might just steal that for her 'full name' indeed. Ponythread? What do you think?
    I approve! A lot!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Starry's face is manic. With a grin so wide that it would hurt even Faithful Song's face, she turns her attention to the tree- and Beeskee's balloons.
    I don't think grins like that exist.

OH! And *ahem* and Lix. You may or may not be on said ship/bunker... I figured your weird goddess powers were why the ropes went bonkers on me, but it could have been residual if you vanished earlier.
    Not a clue.
    Last edited by Lix Lorn; 2011-10-17 at 10:37 AM.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

12. - Top - End - #1332
    Titan in the Playground

I believe you're taking it too literally, and thus missing out on stuff you'd find if you took the broader view. Specifically;
    Filly means two things, not just one. "young + girl". So linguistic inertia, context, and all should show that fillyfooler is one who fools with, specifically, fillies, as opposed to children generically. the opposite term is coltcuddler, derogatory(ish? Depends on a lot) form of gay man. We have foal established as being young, filly as bein akin to 'young miss' and colt as akin to 'young sir'.

I suppose I should say here, to avoid future misunderstanding, that the terms as they are applied now make sense to me because they are just different, equine-y names for titles I already use and find in common usage. So there is that...
    As you say, filly means "young girl", the important part here being "young", specifically "not yet an adult/not mature". A little roughly, if a pony can have children they are not fillies/colts but mares/stallions. That's the real-world distinction, at least, as far as I can tell.

Maybe I am being rather narrow here, but as I've said I'm perfectly happy bending these "rules" in some situations and contexts. Creative and artistic license is a good thing. All I hope for is that it isn't done thoughtlessly or out of ignorance.

If you want to write a fic where you delve into the cultural idiosyncrasies of Equestrian ponies, and intentionally bend the real-world expectations, that's great! But unless within such a context, I'd say it's better to stick to the regular meaning of words.

I don't believe I argued change is good just because it's change. I mean, I know the purpose of this segment here is to establish your credibility (that you have a valid point and aren't being a ThanqolGrognard) which is fine, and I do believe you aren't just railing against 'them young folk with their loud music' or anything. It seems like you're turning it too far, and implying that my credibility is dampened by being on the opposite end of your view.

Sort of random, I know, but it's rare for me to both notice this, and be able to point out what causes my unease.
    Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything like that. I just worry maybe I'm coming off as too... I don't know, rude or something. I just want to make sure I don't seem unreasonable.

well see, most much real-world stuff went out the window with the phrase "once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria..."
    What I'm saying is, even if things aren't exactly the same (obviously, when dealing with talking, magic ponies), we still use our own world as a base so that, when we're unsure of how things work we use what we're familiar with first. In this case it's never (AFAIK) stated in the show what precisely these words mean, so we use their real-world definitions instead.

And because most people probably aren't greatly familiar with equine terminology, mistakes are made and propagate.

That's just it, I think. As far as opinions go, we're both right. I was set to give up more real-world relativism than you, and as long as the words are internally consistent in their usage I'm fine; I actually prefer colt/filly being old teenagers/young adults, because I find that extending the term to children, after so much canonical work went into establishing otherwise, dilutes the terms and muddles their intended meaning.

At this point what I am arguing is your assumption that most people will make the same associations as you. I have found, through casual conversation more than research, mind, that your view is the minority one. So you lose out on the 'most folks won't get it' end because most folks do.

As a caveat, though, I have rose-tinted lenses of the fandom in general. The playground has been good to me, in ways no other site I've yet seen has. It may color my perceptions and I'm jut missing evidence to the contrary.
    I just don't see that their usage in the show implies something different from my definition, with the one exception of the "fillies and gentlecolts" bit. That is the only example I can find where adult ponies are referred to as fillies/colts in a non-insulting/non-joking way. Everything else seems to suggest the real-world definitions are in effect, or it is so vague that it could be anything and in that case we should revert to the base, in this case the real-world definitions.

Maybe I'm a minority. Probably, I guess. And I suppose at this point none of it matters, since it's unlikely to change in any way

Thank you. It's ao nerve-wracking to correct someone on something but forget the right answer yourself. What are the other parts? I've heard it used in programming, and in the book Jurassic Park in between chapters. And somehow as a map generator, but that flew over my head as to how.
    I'm no expert on fractals, so I couldn't tell you the exact conditions. It gets quite technical. But somewhat roughly I believe a fractal needs two major things: Self-similarity at arbitrarily small scales, which we covered, and a simple, recursive definition by which it can be created. There are other details, but they're beyond my comprehension of the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    I'm sorry but unless that was the contextual meaning I'm not willing to grant you that as a translation. Occam's razor gives us "girl fooler" which doesn't mean anything in English as far as I'm aware so its entirely up to the creator what it means. It an entirely added strech to give that sexual connotations in the first place, unless that's the contextual definiton.

Even taking fooler as "fools around *winkwink* with" you still are left with "girl" which is much broader then child as discussed. Strip clubs and porn sites advertise their hot girls who are over 18.

From the other end pedophile stops being valid long before girl does, implicitly referring to prepubescent children. Going on the basis of "girl" there are possible distinctions between infantophilia, pedophilia, hebephilia, and ephebophilia. The last of which becomes while possibly still creepy socially gets into modern legal adult ranges, and well covers ages that in different times/cultures are considered marriageable even to older partners with no particular stigma.

Put simply I feel you are enforcing your own definition that doesn't hold up to the established flexibility of terms.
    The problem is that "girl" doesn't really cut it as a translation of "filly". "Girlchild" is closer, because a filly really is a child horse (and female) and as you point out "girl" doesn't always mean child in our own culture.

So a "fillyfooler" must be someone who either fools fillies, or fools around with fillies. I'm pretty sure the first one makes no sense in the context of that story. And someone who fools around with fillies (child horses) must be a pedophile (for some resonably broad definition of pedophilia, involving any person who is not yet considered able to consent because of their age, whatever that age may be for ponies in Equestria)

All I'm really saying here is I consider the CMCs to be fillies (and not the mane 6), and if you're fooling around with someone like Sweetie Belle, then you're a bad pony.

13. - Top - End - #1333

It's no problem, you're welcome! I completely understand because it's the same for me. *huggles back!*
    I know, but I still feel bad about it. :P

*SuccuMidnight smiles, and that nimble little tail flicks, wrapping playfully around Jade, and she gives her cheek a gentle kiss.

"I'm glad to hear that..."
    "I... Erm... Eep." The filly goes bright red, seeming to shrink behind her mane in a brilliant imitation of Fluttershy; a very embarrassed smile on her face.

Heehee, I woke up before you, yeah. Or at least beat you to the thread today.
    I dunno about waking up before me. I've been up for... Six and a Half Hours already.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Nooo, I don't want to go back to Magic Kindergarten either! I'm a fully grown mare, darn it! I'm going to go back to hiding under my bed. I'm taking Jade, Beeskee, and Lixie with me. >.>
    "...I am rather okay with this."

Yay! Gives me something to read then respond to on my transit time to and from work! *dances*
    It always puts a massive grin on my face when I see how much you're enjoying the RP too; which is just what I needed today. The entire office has a case of the Mondays, and as IT, I get to clean up after said case of the Mondays.

Y'know, I don't think I can even use ponysanity as an excuse anymore. I think we simply all be crazy.
    Confound these ponies. They drive me to be able to plead insanity in a court of law.

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #1334

I've been partial to the idea of "fillyfooler" having 'fooler' as the base of the word, with 'filly' as the modifier. You are a fooler, and a filly at that. Fooler in this case leaning towards the "idiot/simpleton" definitions of fool, as opposed to the connotations of 'fooling around'. So, we end up with this being an insult in which you call into question their base intelligence, and maturity at that.

Also, just for kicks I threw fooler into google definition, and it said that a fooler was a pacifier, so there's that.

15. - Top - End - #1335
    Titan in the Playground

I've been partial to the idea of "fillyfooler" having 'fooler' as the base of the word, with 'filly' as the modifier. You are a fooler, and a filly at that. Fooler in this case leaning towards the "idiot/simpleton" definitions of fool, as opposed to the connotations of 'fooling around'. So, we end up with this being an insult in which you call into question their base intelligence, and maturity at that.

Also, just for kicks I threw fooler into google definition, and it said that a fooler was a pacifier, so there's that.
    Maybe I recall the situation in the story wrong, but I don't think that would have made sense in that context either.

But I suppose you could define it like that too.

16. - Top - End - #1336

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    Maybe I recall the situation in the story wrong, but I don't think that would have made sense in that context either.

But I suppose you could define it like that too.
    To be honest, I've completely forgotten the original context, but to be fair I don't usually let things like 'context' or 'grammar' confine my day to day English either.

17. - Top - End - #1337
    Titan in the Playground

To be honest, I've completely forgotten the original context, but to be fair I don't usually let things like 'context' or 'grammar' confine my day to day English either.
    Fair enough :)

I'm definitely not saying it was wrong in this context either, I was simply using it as an example of something which could be wrong in some contexts.

18. - Top - End - #1338
    Titan in the Playground

PaladinGuy

...What would a Hipster cutie mark even look like?

19. - Top - End - #1339
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    The problem is that "girl" doesn't really cut it as a translation of "filly". "Girlchild" is closer, because a filly really is a child horse (and female) and as you point out "girl" doesn't always mean child in our own culture.

So a "fillyfooler" must be someone who either fools fillies, or fools around with fillies. I'm pretty sure the first one makes no sense in the context of that story. And someone who fools around with fillies (child horses) must be a pedophile (for some resonably broad definition of pedophilia, involving any person who is not yet considered able to consent because of their age, whatever that age may be for ponies in Equestria)

All I'm really saying here is I consider the CMCs to be fillies (and not the mane 6), and if you're fooling around with someone like Sweetie Belle, then you're a bad pony.
    In which case it is wrong to apply human terms for animals strictly to anthropomorphic ponies. The fandom can't be expected to uphold distinction the source material disagrees with.

Our bronies... hang out too!
    Because they know we're awesome fillies!
    Last edited by Soras Teva Gee; 2011-10-17 at 11:16 AM.

20. - Top - End - #1340

Quote Originally Posted by Mando Knight View Post
    It would be a picture of Hipster Cat. Possibly with the text "Readable Cutie Marks are too Mainstream". Except so small it's physically impossible to read.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1341
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

ok...non-pony related but this had me laughing like a maniac so i gotta share
    mildly NSFW
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #1342
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so I actually skipped/skimmed a fair part of the thread today, but I wanted to chime in on this:

Midnight Trixibelle Lunata Celeste Sparkle!

...Bahahaha. Depending on what everypony else thinks, I might just steal that for her 'full name' indeed. Ponythread? What do you think?
    Am I the only one who actually dislikes the idea of ponies having full "proper" names? I can accept it for Pinkie because it kinda works, what with her no-fun rock farm upbringing it makes sense for a kind of "normal" name. Plus it's Pinkie, I'm still pretty certain she made it up. Pinkamena sounds like something a little girl calls her self to make her sound more grown up/important, like a Suzie calling herself Suzabella or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Esper shouldn't do this (it's his call) but I just feel that it's... wrong somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by BlasTech View Post
    Also has me wondering ... we know we have Pinkamena Diane Pie, but what would the middle names of the rest of the cast be like. (Or would this just be an exercise in futility, ultimately setting ourselves up for dissapointment if they are ever released?)
    Someone actually did this. There were a bunch of mocked up ID cards for every single pony (mane and background) with full names on. I'll see if I can find some.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

23. - Top - End - #1343
    Titan in the Playground

Thick-rimmed glasses? A fancy cup of coffee?

A fancy cup of coffee wearing thick-rimmed glasses?

A note on Season 2:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I seem to remember we had an inside pony who saw Season 2 before it came out. He said something to the effect of "Season 2 will be different. But it's a good sort of different." Just a thought, what with the lack of E/I marking and perceived change in tone.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #1344

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Okay, so I actually skipped/skimmed a fair part of the thread today, but I wanted to chime in on this:

Am I the only one who actually dislikes the idea of ponies having full "proper" names? I can accept it for Pinkie because it kinda works, what with her no-fun rock farm upbringing it makes sense for a kind of "normal" name. Plus it's Pinkie, I'm still pretty certain she made it up. Pinkamena sounds like something a little girl calls her self to make her sound more grown up/important, like a Suzie calling herself Suzabella or something.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Esper shouldn't do this (it's his call) but I just feel that it's... wrong somehow.
    Let's see. We have I believe four of the six Mane cast with canon surnames, and one very well implied. (Bolded for emphasis)

Twilight Sparkle
    Pinkamena Pie
    Rainbow Dash
    Applejack Of the Apple Clan (Or something along those lines; it's canon she's "part of the apple family" which implies it as a surname of sorts).
    Rarity Belle (Assumed due to her sister, Sweetie Belle).

The only one who doesn't have a canon Surname is Fluttershy; and I'm inclined to believe we just don't know it yet. Who's to say they don't all have strange full names like "Pinkamena Diane Pie"? It may actually be a proper name in Equestria, with "Pinkie" just being a typical nickname for it, such as how "Alexander" is a proper full name in American culture, but typically most people named that go by "Alex".
    Last edited by Titanium Fox; 2011-10-17 at 11:41 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1345

Sorry about that, by the way, Topaz. I like the idea, but it doesn't jive with the kind of game I want to run. Totally stealing the layout for other games though. It's rather functional, and a nice version of the roll/keep mechanic.
    Not at all. I thought it did some clever things and wanted to give you a chance to look at it, but I understand why it's not a good choice for PbP.

Let me know if you want graphics of the character sheet or any other illustration.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athaniar View Post
    On a side note, Windows Movie Maker (2.6, on Windows 7) hates me (and humanity in general, I suspect, it's like a proto-Skynet). My attempt to set an anime intro song to ponies fails when I try to save it as a movie ("Windows Movie Maker cannot save the movie to the specified location" and so on). Apparently this is common. Sigh. When I finally managed to make something, it won't save properly...
    If you decide you want to change video editors, you might want to take a look at the open source program Avidemux.
    Nope. Mule is the sexless version of a horse. A pony is a subspecies of horse that generally come to about half the size of a full grown. (1/3 the size of a draft horse.)
    Wait, what? A Mule is a (male) cross between a horse and a donkey (a female is a hinny).

The sexless version of a horse would be a gelding (which is a word that I'm fairly confident will never appear in an actual episode).
    Wait a week, and we'll all have spooky Luna avatars.

Fic note: I'm working on the next chunk of Change of Life. Maybe post tonight.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

26. - Top - End - #1346
    Barbarian in the Playground

*Midnight giggles.

"It's okay, Momma Luna! Lixie! I have this figured out! I'll channel some of the night energy that you use, Momma Luna, and I'll transform into an undead, and I won't have to worry about being a good filly anymore! I'll always be one!"

Her horn crackles with pitch-black energy, that briefly obscures her form! There's a flash of darkness, and when Midnight reappears, she's defintely changed....

Two black bat-like wings have pushed out of her back, and her tail has changed into a rather cute, black devil-tail. Two more bat wings push out from her head. She blinks, looking down at herself.

"...I was supposed to turn undead, not into a succubus!" She protests, and then lets out a soft sigh, finally admitting defeat. "Alright...you're right, Miss Lixie...I guess I have been getting a little crazy myself..."
    Wait, I didn't mean that you should become an unde-...

And I definitely didn't expect you to become so sexy- er... I mean, become a succubus! That is definitely what I meant!

Oh, Celestia, why do I keep corrupting ponies, especially when I don't mean to?

*Facehoof* Oh for the love of-
    If you're gonna tell her that she's pretty, then just say it. Like this:

(Imitating a male voice): Midnight, This succubus look sure is lovely! It really looks great for you.

See, is that so hard?

Although, she really is much cuter in her normal form.

Oh, he made a reference long before that. (Yes, it's only two strips back, but that's, like, the beginning of the summer or something given the update period.) Don't see it? Look at the first panel. The computer's wallpaper is at least 20% cooler than the entire rest of the page.
    There's also this reference that was much earlier. Once again, check the computer's wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Topaz View Post
    FFRP: Blue Ponies Yay!
    Spoiler
    Show

Topaz blinks and pulls back just a little. Oh, well, I'm kind of a flying unicorn myself. *ahem* I mean, I noticed his cutie mark and he told me about being a weather magic unicorn and it was very interesting! I like talking to unicorns with interesting magical abilities, there's always a chance that I'll learn something myself.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, whoops. Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you. I just like teasing this guy (she pokes Raindrop on the shoulder) because he starts acting so silly when he's embarrassed.

So, you were staring at his flank, eh! Liked what you saw?
    Autumn giggles a bit as Raindrop starts to blush. See, this is what I meant earlier. He turns purple!
    "Why is it that we receive a penny for our thoughts, but have to put in our 2 cents?"

Previous Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

I got an award!
    Spoiler
    Show

Fluttershy in the Playground - third place

27. - Top - End - #1347
    Firbolg in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Sorry for vanishing in the middle of a RP last night, everyone. Stuff came up that kind of killed my motivation to continue. (It looks like others had picked up by then, so at least it wasn't all a loss.)
    Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    There are no bad ideas, just bad execution.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you to zimmerwald1915 for the Gustave avatar.
    The full set is here.

Air Raccoon avatar provided by Ceika
    from the Request an OotS Style Avatar thread

A big thanks to PrinceAquilaDei for the gryphon avatar!
    original image

28. - Top - End - #1348
    Titan in the Playground

Regarding Succubus Midnight: Somepony owes me a lot of money.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #1349
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by erikun View Post
    Sorry for vanishing in the middle of a RP last night, everyone. Stuff came up that kind of killed my motivation to continue. (It looks like others had picked up by then, so at least it wasn't all a loss.)

*hugs*
    Come one, come all! GitP MLP Steam Group is open!
    Current location of the last MLP Thread OP, too.
    Want to ask me something? Use MAIL or message me on Steam!

Spoiler
    Show

>Click!<
    Amazing Art by Dirtytabs :P
    HW Ava © ETsofu

"Well, the Great and Powerful Trixie can't actually transport you to Equestria... But!
    The Great and Powerful Trixie can beat you over the head until you think that's what happened!"

30. - Top - End - #1350
    Banned