New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Death Note 2 Werewolf Game Thread Ongoing

As all the students had prepared to for their final test, they had prepared in certain ways. Some like the geniuses in class, mentally went over what they could recall about their classmates. Most though kept to themselves, watching the clock. Except for one group of friends that not even the teachers would be able to separate when they wanted to be together.

The clock struck 12:00, noon, as everyone had their helmet and suits on with their identifying marks. No one had been in here before, the final testing room. As they entered, they noticed there was two other hallways besides the one they came in. The door closed as their head instructor stood in front of everyone.
    "As you may be aware, this is the final test before graduating. This will simulate the actual situation that the NPA and Mello dealt with." He looked over the group, though he locked eyes with a couple of students in a staring contest, before moving on. "The hallway to the back will lead to the mess area and where you'll sleep, the last hallway is where the "victims" will go. He motioned with his hands the air quotes. "The people acting as Kira will pass note to us, and..." He paused when the screen behind him signaled on. "It's not supposed to do that yet-" His outburst was interrupted as he collapsed grasping at his chest.
    "Well, let's change the rules a bit, make it more realistic, you'll find that we have joined the game, with our own death notes. The NPA didn't get them all-"
    "Hey we can easily beat you, if we all take our helmets off we can identify who the rats are." The person who interrupted took his helmet off, a couple of people had started to when they heard a chuckle from the screen.
    "Thanks for the reminder, but the shinigami's back, and he has orders to write anyone's name who takes their helmet off outside of their room. Now as the poor fool will demonstrate, every day we'll vote, the person with the most votes will have to go down that hallway, inside there, they'll..." He stops as the person without a helmet screams as he dies. "Now back to what I was saying, oh yeah, every night, a few names will be added to the death notes we have. We have certain criminals, and liars to kill before we are finished, if lucky, most of you might be able to leave." Two of the "criminals" grimaced under their masked, after all, they had the cleanest record of the group, they didn't think the enemy would believe them though. "As some of the more astute people may have noticed, the only door out of here is password protected, don't mess with it, though each one of us has part of the password, if you do in fact get one of us killed, well you get part of it. The last warning, if not enough people vote, well, the shinigami has promised to kill two people at random of you students. Have fun and you shall see that we are much better than Light ever was." The screen vanished as people started looking at each other, who could be part of the group determined to kill them. Two people caught each others eye, realizing it had been good that they came, the students could use as much help as possible.

Night 0 has ended and Istari and Dragoon have been killed, Istari was Head Instructor and Co-Narrator, Dragoon was The Fool and Narrator.

Day ends in about 72 hours.

The rules, sorry about that Jontom

Spoiler
    Show
    The police academy and friends
    Spoiler
    Show
    New Graduates- (villagers) You are almost finished with the academy, and this was supposed to be a last test. You win if all the Kira are killed.
    “Criminals”- You were picked to be criminals, even though your record is clean, to replicate L’s successful capture attempt of Light. You win if Kira are killed and you survived.
    “L”- (seer) The best in the class, if you pass the test, you will become the new L. Every day you can scry someone to determine their role. Wins if all the Kiras are dead.
    “Mello”- (seer and thief) The “second” best in the class, you have to be more careful to identify the truth, can scry every three days. However, you also have the ability to steal a “death note.” Win if Kiras and Near are dead. Draws if only Kiras are killed.
    “Near” (back-up seer) One of the best in class, however, none really know your ability, except for Mello, who can’t believe that anyone one else could keep up with him. Scries every three days unless L is “killed,” then you will scry every day, but are more vulnerable. Win if Kiras are killed.
    “NPA”- (mason) You know each other too well, and that the professor knew that separating you all would endanger the effectiveness of the tests. Wins if all the Kiras are dead.
    Aiber- You’re a con man and a smooth talker. Both you and Wedy decided to help out after suspecting foul play. You are able to influence one person’s vote each day, however, it can’t be the same person back to back.
    Wedy- (voider) You also wanted to help with the “test,” though like Aiber, you knew it was probably trouble. Though you do know how to be disruptive. Each night, you can void the next person’s day or night phase action, depending on when it happens. However, to avoid suspicion, you cannot void the same person twice in a row.

The Kira
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kira’s team wins killing every criminal, NPA, L, Near, and Mello. Kira gets to pick his team. Those with death note can write a name of a person that they have gotten at night.
    Kira- (alpha) You want to show the world that Mello’s victory was a fluke. Though like Light, you want to rule the world without losing half your life. Everyday you can determine someone’s role and possibly their real name. L, Near, and Mello see Light as a villager.
    Kira Right Hand Man- (voider) You trust Kira and wish to stand at his side in his new world. You don’t have a death note, but can void one person’s action each day. Though you can’t void the same person twice in a row. If one of the followers is killed and Mello hasn’t stolen the death note, you can lose your ability to void to gain the follower’s ability. Scries as Kira’s Follower.
    Kira’s Followers- (wolves) You were picked by Kira to bring a new world order. You have accepted the shinigami eyes and each day can scry someone’s name. Scry as Kira’s Follower.

Special Rules

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone will be given a real name, that the Kira’s will need to write in the death note to kill a person. Just like the manga/anime, the Kira’s can control a person’s actions and time of death somewhat. If they try too much control, then the person will die instantly instead. Example, Dragoon writes that Naomi Misora (Shadow) will die in four days and on that day, point at Freshmeat, saying he is Light Yagami, that would work. Also, if someone is under the control of the death note, Aiber’s ability will not work.
    There are couple more abilities only the role that has them will know about.
    Also, names from Death Note may be used, but does not mean they are the same roles.
    Just a reminder to possible players that the wolves have a limited ability to control their votes before they die. I appreciate that people want to win, but part of what makes death note, death note, is the uncertainty of knowing whether someone’s being controlled. So unless the message asks you to act dramatically different than you have been, please try not to act too differently.

The players 10/30
    The narrators 0/2
    Spoiler
    Show
    Aemoh(away notice filed)
    Aether academy student auto'd
    Allysian
    Artemis97 academy student auto'd
    banjo1985 Kira, lynched day 6
    bayar A Kira, lynched day 2
    Blue Umbrella
    Catseye2121 academy student, lynched day 4
    Cpt. Soup student, auto'd
    dallas-dakota academy student, lynched day 3
    Dragoon Fool, killed night 0
    Emperor Demonking criminal, lynched day 6
    FF fanboy academy student, auto-lynched
    Fin
    Griever academy student, killed night 2
    hap_hazard criminal, auto-lynched
    iceddragons academy student, killed night 5
    Istari Head Instructor, killed night 0
    Jontom Xire student, killed day 5
    Korias auto-lynched, replaced by Shadowcaller by die roll
    lamech
    Lex-kat
    Moon_Called mason auto'd
    Murska
    Queenfange Wedy, lynched day 5
    Raistlin1040 Criminal, auto'd
    Recaiden
    Reinholdt
    Shadow academy student, killed by kira night 4
    Shadowcaller
    The Rogue Monk
    Trixie, mason lynched day 1
    Vampiric Kira, auto'd

Just a reminder, its 3 missed votes and auto-lynched, they do not need to be in a row either.

Reminder if you have any questions, haven't received your role, let me and Istari know.
    Last edited by Dragoon; 2009-02-14 at 06:35 PM. Reason: I'll be editing this too often
    Thank you to starwoof for the awesome Astrid avatar.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Death Note 2 Werewolf Game Thread Ongoing

I'll start off by pointing at Shadow. Why, because he claims to never have been lynched on day 1. Consider it a birthday present.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2009-01-17 at 05:48 AM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

Can we have the rules in the first post please, so we don't have to keep cross-referencing to the recruitment thread?

Thanks.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Damn Jontom and his twisting logic that make sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Nothing personal JX, I just know how completely devious and brilliant you are at these games when you have the time to devote to them.
    All I'll say is that Jontom is a master at these games ... the blue guy with the spiky teeth can be very persuasive.

Evnafet's GitP WW archive is here.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

"Crap, this isn't good, not good at all...no, this will not do, not do, not do, must get out out out out out..."

A timid young man in glasses crouches in the corner, arms wrapped tightly around his chest. He chants to himself under his breath, eyes closed, as if trying to block out what just happened. The words don't really make any sense, but they at least seem to soothe his stricken face a little.

"That's it man, game over, game over...comprende? We are Fin!"

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Ouch!

*takes 1d4 name pun damage*

Seriously that joke is old! Anyway theres no point snivelling around waiting for the end!

The boy was rather bit bigger than the clown that was making fun of his name.

So your gonna stop worrying about it and help find these lunatics!! Can somebody calm him down please? How 'bout you Greiver?
    Last edited by Fin; 2009-01-16 at 05:39 AM.
    Waiting for that day, when we all have the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Kris View Post
    I'll never trust you again. Even if we're on the same team. Even if the narrators tell me to.
    Monkeytar by me!/DYF Avatar by Mr Saturn!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

They, better than Light ever was? Hah. Light was a genius, just like L. Higuchi killed them both last time, let's see what happens now that he isn't here...

((Couldn't resist reminding everyone about that one. ))

Artemis97, because she liked my added touch of 'suicides' when I added her name in the last edition.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

7. - Top - End - #7

Holy cow.

Banjo1985 is back!

Of course, we shouldn't really lynch him day 1 of his first game back...
    Last edited by Vampiric; 2009-01-16 at 11:01 AM.

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I do say my good man, that Vampiric looking fellow over there seems to be consorting with a group of similar ruffians, and louts.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Ah-ha! We all have face-concealing helmets... and yet - there is someone who needs glasses on it!

Might it be, perhaps, that your eyesight had worsened recently - perhaps to receive shinigami eyes, eh, Banjo1985?

The absolutely nondescript guy in helmet (without glasses, we might add) points his accusing finger on someone who, he thinks, behaves a cut too theatrically (and even if he isn't, the sort of people who curl in a corner will be absolutely useless in a coming struggle, anyway) for a police student.
    Last edited by Trixie; 2009-01-16 at 12:04 PM.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Firbolg in the Playground

Like no one else thought they'd escalate the test like this? Bring it on. Shadow
    Last edited by Recaiden; 2009-01-16 at 05:54 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

bandwagon banjo1985, 'cause he normally doesn't have enough time to play WW games but he diecided he could make one exception...
    Or at least thats what I heard...
    Last edited by Lamech; 2009-01-17 at 12:56 PM.
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

12. - Top - End - #12

The student known to some as "" looks around the room. As usual there are people who immediately distrust "Shadow", "Banjo" seems to be overreacting to the scenario, There is a surprising lack of suspicion of "Murska". "" mentally notes these things before wandering off to look for something to eat, accidentally bumping into "lamech" on the way
    Avatar by Vulion. Vectored by me.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

((Yay! I should leave more often ))

14. - Top - End - #14

No, I was serious about not bandwagoning Banjo. C'mon guys, it's his first game for ages.

Shadow....

>_>

<_<

TRAF Awards

Spoiler
    Show
    I fought The Mysterious Circle of Shadowy Chairs in Discworld I (Dei in Machina) till the end, won the game and survived and all I got is this lousy signature line.

Thanks Banjo1985 for Count Catula!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by iceddragons View Post
    The student known to some as "" looks around the room. As usual there are people who immediately distrust "Shadow", "Banjo" seems to be overreacting to the scenario, There is a surprising lack of suspicion of "Murska".
    You know... I'm kind of new to WW games on GitP (played them many times elsewhere, though) - it there a reason to suspect Murska?

You know, you've got me thinking - if this game's wolf leader picked his own group... Then logically, he should have picked the most veteran and best players for his own, to ensure his victory - with perhaps one or two players unaligned to him(so no one will suspect them). Thus, the key to victory is to find out to what was the exact method used to pick that group, and who might have picked it.

So, I'm not accusing anyone or anything, but can people with more experience than me tell us who would be a likely candidate for this group? From the relations of previous games (as I've read several of them and they certainly seemed like fun) - the 'veterans' here are Banjo, Fin, Jontom, Shadow - who else (as I certainly missed a great many people)?

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiric View Post
    No, I was serious about not bandwagoning Banjo. C'mon guys, it's his first game for ages.

Shadow....
    Waitaminute... did you just cast a second vote? Or is that the only most recent counts?

Anyway, as I know exactly the pain of being kicked for being a new guy in a group of old buddies - fine, Shadow it is.

I just hope you're not wrong about his reasons to "suddenly" coming back to play

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

The last vote you put in counts, as long as you cross out the rest. So you can change your vote as many times as you want, just beware that some people will jump on that as a reason for lynching.

As for veterans here, it depends what is meant by the word. If it's simply 'they've played a lot of games' there is Aemoh, myself, Dallas, Demonking, Fin, Jontom, Murska, Shadow and Vampiric.

However, it's better to ask, who are the players that have played a lot of games, and helped their side win regularly? i.e. which of those veterans actually influence the game with their tactics. Your list will then slim down a bit.

However, it's become the norm to not pick the most veteran players, or the players you have friendships with, purely because that's what's expected. Most alpha's who get to pick their teams will tend to take a mix of newer and veteran players, none of which they have an obvious link to. The main thing is really not to pick anyone likely to be autolynched.

based on that, Shadow is a terrible choice for an alpha to pick, as he gets killed early all the time. I'm a better choice, as I know what I'm doing without being reknowned for tactics. I'm not saying Shadows not a Kira, but he would be a bad choice for any experienced alpha really.
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2009-01-16 at 11:14 AM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Bugbear in the Playground

A figure stands at the back of the room, leaning against the wall. Benieth her helmet, she frowns as she survies her classmates. Shadow seemed like a likely canidate. He had the smarts, and from what she'd heard and seen of him, the history.
    Last edited by Mr. Moon; 2009-01-16 at 12:18 PM.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground

As for veterans here, it depends what is meant by the word. If it's simply 'they've played a lot of games' there is Aemoh, myself, Dallas, Demonking, Fin, Jontom, Murska, Shadow and Vampiric.

However, it's better to ask, who are the players that have played a lot of games, and helped their side win regularly? i.e. which of those veterans actually influence the game with their tactics. Your list will then slim down a bit,
    A list as good as any. So, people from it, can you please not mind if I vote for you?

Paranoia mode on: Of course, if you are a Kira, you've struck all of your allies form that list... Or added one or two to it hoping that the innocent rest will "shield" them - ouch. That's too much of a random element for my liking, but that's why I still like these kind of games. So that list might be useless after all, but sill, I haven't got anything better.

based on that, Shadow is a terrible choice for an alpha to pick, as he gets killed early all the time. I'm a better choice, as I know what I'm doing without being reknowned for tactics. I'm not saying Shadows not a Kira, but he would be a bad choice for any experienced alpha really.
    Well, with that name? He is just asking for it

As for you - that's okay, Vampiric after all asked to not lynch you on day One, didn't he?

We can check if you're guilty or not on day two

20. - Top - End - #20

Hey, Shadow? If you ever had kids, what would their names be?

Since I do agree with Banjo, I, Tom Tommy Tomson Tommingham, shall point at Moon Called. Well, not point, but wave 'hello'.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Banned

Go ahead and lynch me on day one, for the first time ever, in an Alpha game.
    See how far that gets you.

You guys do realize, I hope, that I get killed so early all the time by the bad guys because I'm a threat to THEM and not to you, right?

I'm not going to even bother voting today. Good luck. =)

22. - Top - End - #22

"Crap, this isn't good, not good at all...no, this will not do, not do, not do, must get out out out out out..."

A timid young man in glasses crouches in the corner, arms wrapped tightly around his chest. He chants to himself under his breath, eyes closed, as if trying to block out what just happened. The words don't really make any sense, but they at least seem to soothe his stricken face a little.

"That's it man, game over, game over...comprende? We are Fin!"
    Banjo1985 is back! I can point at him again!
    Last edited by TRM; 2009-01-16 at 05:24 PM.
    silver

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

I feel amused whenever I'm counted as a veteran. I mean, I'm one of the newer players, actually. My first game was Starcraft.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Banned

However, it's become the norm to not pick the most veteran players, or the players you have friendships with, purely because that's what's expected. Most alpha's who get to pick their teams will tend to take a mix of newer and veteran players, none of which they have an obvious link to. The main thing is really not to pick anyone likely to be autolynched.

based on that, Shadow is a terrible choice for an alpha to pick, as he gets killed early all the time. I'm not saying Shadows not a Kira, but he would be a bad choice for any experienced alpha really.
    Emphsis mine.
    But actually, the reason that I'm a terrible pick for an Alpha is because I get scried so early.
    Until Grave Robbers I hadn't been chosen by an Alpha in over a 18 months.
    That's a year an d a half people.
    There's a good reason for it.
    The only reason that I was effective in GRfOS was because we got lucky and killed the Seer on night 2. I certain I wouldn't have lasted until day four if we hadn't. Do you really think that someone would be stupid enough to try it again with me?

But go ahead. Discard one of your most powerful tools against the Kira before you get a chance to use it. And do it when it's obvious that you shouldn't.

Good luck with that. =)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Shadow - I don't remember the last time I saw him lynched. (making him a good choice for an Alpha pick.)

26. - Top - End - #26
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Demonking View Post
    Shadow - I don't remember the last time I saw him lynched. (making him a good choice for an Alpha pick.)
    Not that I expect it to help, but to answer your question:
    It was 69 hours ago, on day 4, in Animaniacs, as a villager.
    The game before that, I was killed by the Fears on night 2, as a villager.
    The game before that, I was lynched on day 5 in Classic, as a villager.
    Last edited by Shadow; 2009-01-16 at 02:15 PM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Really... don't lynch Shadow he is probably a villager. But if he is a wolf we're screwed (see Graverobbers)... so SCRY SHADOW Mr. Seer....
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

Trixie is acting way to innocent.
    Last edited by Allysian; 2009-01-17 at 11:40 AM.
    Well wasn't that fun? Daaaaandyliens...
    Spoiler
    Show
    If anyone would like to make me a banner with my elven druid dude in a dandelion field making dandelion chains, that'd be.....nice.....

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

*glances at Murska*

"L and Light may have been geniuses, but they still made mistakes. We've dont the same by walking into this damned trap. How could this happen? How did they get control here?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Trixie is unknown, thus a unknown threat. Not to mention that he joined in 2007 and I don't remember/have seen him before......
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!