New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Re: Worst Christmas gift ever

My worst Christmas gift ever is today.

I'm working 12 hour shifts 7 nights a week. When I got to work last night my boss said that I was getting off shift 30 minutes early (woo hoo ) then told me I had to be in 30 minutes early so the dayoffice personnel could go out and dget a few beers togather. This morning I also found out they were only pulling 4 hour blocks of their shifts so they could all go out and screw off. I'm still here 12 hour 7 days a week. Wow, how nice of them to think of me...
    Last edited by Dustyme; 2007-12-25 at 11:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Worst one ive ever had was this year. I was given a big box of delishious chocolates having found out 1 mounth ago that im alergic to milk. watching your family chow down on your christmass present after a month of chocolate deprivation not the best feeling

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

But i supose the worst all-round christmass was the one where my dad did the shoping.
    He took the list of toys he was suposed to buy and went round the markets looking for cheep knockoffs.
    Needless to say most of the toys either broke after 2 days or never worked to start with.
    Last edited by Cinders; 2007-12-25 at 06:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Lykan View Post
    Deodorant, soap, and mouthwash.
    Sorry but I have to say this sounds more like a hint than a bad gift

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cinders View Post
    Worst one ive ever had was this year. I was given a big box of delishious chocolates having found out 1 mounth ago that im alergic to milk. watching your family chow down on your christmass present after a month of chocolate deprivation not the best feeling
    Hmm...are you flat out allergic or simply lactose intolerant? The latter can be easily fixed, I think.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dustyme View Post
    Sorry but I have to say this sounds more like a hint than a bad gift
    Hint or not, dressing it up as a gift is something I would consider insulting.
    Catatar made for me many years ago ... pretty sure by banjo1985
    Werewolf Awards: 'Best Narration: Helgraf'
    Rabbit says stuff that makes me blush.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

I think this year's Worst Christmas Gift would be the electric bread knife I got from my mother. It was a "huh?" moment when I opened it up, but I definitely appreciate the thought (she knows I like to cook, so what other perfect gift to give than a kitchen gadget, right?).

In the cosmic scheme of things, it could have been a lot worse, though. In comparison to the Regifted Ugliest Christmas Sweater Ever, it looks like the Hope Diamond.
    Thanks to Doihaveaname? for the custom avatar!

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

My worst xmas gift ever was when I was 12.

Let me set the scene first -

Every year, my dad's side of the family spends xmas eve together. To let you know what an ordeal that is, he has 7 brother and 2 sisters. So that's a lot of people if you include everyone from my granparents down to my cousins. This year, it was 48 people, but anyway...

Normally each child will get a gift from my grandparents + one from their respective god-parent(s).

My godparent is my uncle Bob, who having never married, has always gotten a gift for every child.

So me, with 3 brothers and a sister, always felt kind of slighted at xmas as my brother would come home with 3 gifts, but me only 2, as they would get from their godparent plus from uncle Bob, who is my god parent. Normally though, the gift he got me was always something nicer then my brothers to make up the difference. Example, my brothers would get radio controlled cars, I'd get a larger radio controlled monster truck that drive over their cars.

One christmas however, my uncle Bob decided to chip in with my grandparents and buy my brothers and sister and I a basketball hoop game - with the return net and scoretracking like you find at the arcades. Since it was far to large to bring into the house with all the people who came over, they left it in the packaging box outside, and handed around a picture.

Now picture this, the xmas tree is always piled high with gifts. The kids are told to sit away from it as a couple of my uncles would pass out the gifts to everyone.

So I sat back, and saw the pile disappear from under the tree. I saw my brothers and sister receive gifts from their godparents. I didn't get anything.

I also, never saw the photo.

So here I am, sitting without any gifts, trying to hold back tears because I didn't want to seem like a spoiled child, but still not able too as I wondered if I was forgotten or if something I did meant I wouldn't receive one.

Yeah, so my parents noticed, and asked me what was wrong, and the tears came, and I told them. The found where the picture went (it had been passed around the circle, but suprise, never made it all the way.) and explained it to me but at that point it still felt jaded. So I wasn't forgotten, I was just lumpped in with my brothers and sister.

Who all still had another gift to go home with.

And I had to share the only gift I had received at that point with them.

Tears didn't really stop....

My uncle Bob, bless his heart, realized quickly what had transpired. So he scooped me up and we went to his house where he gave me a few PC games. (Back when a 486 was a good pc, mind you) so that helped, but it never quite washed away the feeling of getting a gift that was just for me from him or my grandparents that year. The games felt like an afterthought.

Anyway, time passed, and it has never felt like that again around xmas time, but that has to be one of the worst times I'd ever felt around xmas with a gift. So that's my story.

@ Though I suppose walking in on my recently engaged fiance cheating on me tops that, but that wasn't on xmas, just around that time of year. Had fun returning the ring to the store though. I walked in and said "This diamond ring doesn't shine for me anymore" with a sad and straight face - Had no problem returning it. Yeah, we ended our relationship shortly and quickly after that.

@V Thanks Alarra. I suppose I should clarify the recently in my last edit. At that time (10 years ago) I had proposed 3 weeks before xmas. She had said yes, then a week later....ugh. That's what I meant by recently engaged, not as if it was a recent event. (Been happily married for 2 years now. Yay! - She's the best gift I have ever found.)
    Last edited by Supagoof; 2007-12-27 at 10:31 AM.
    I'm usually late to the party, but it's a great time when I get there....
    Spoiler
    Show
    Legionary of Protection
    The Legion, endures....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    It wasn't that easy. Supagoof's just that good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    This is LLD, which, I shouldn't have to tell you, will not bow to your math because it was DESIGNED to ruin it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    Summary:
    Supagoof has won the game and withdrawn. He was Epic

9. - Top - End - #99
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

This year my aunt got everyone in the family bright red California Angels flags that we can 'put on our cars so we can find them in the parking lot'. None of us watch baseball (they're a baseball team, right?), none of us live in California, and none of us will ever use them. *giggles*

and ^*hugs goof*
    Last edited by Alarra; 2007-12-26 at 02:37 PM.

I was outzombied by the baby!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Amotis View Post
    Alarra ate all my awesome and now she's always acknowledged as awe-inspiring awesome. Alliteration aside, Alarra is awesome.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by geek_2049 View Post
    A black eye.

I have a friend whose birthday falls on Christmas Eve. Last year I took him down to the local pub for a pint before heading off to visit my parents. Some guy decided it was a good night for a fight. I tried to prevent it, got in the middle, and the guy punched me in the face. He was also wearing a ring and I now have a gossamer scar under my eye now. Fortunately the bouncer who I am also friends with "subdued" the guy.
    I got hit by a water balloon out of a slingshot on my birthday, yay balloon shards and a black eye for a birthday present.
    “Sometimes, immersed in his books, there would come to him
    the awareness of all that he did not know, of all that he had not read;
    and the serenity for which he labored was shattered as he realized the
    little time he had in life to read so much, to learn what he had to know.”
    ~Stoner, John Williams~
    My Homebrew (Most Recent) | Forum Rules
    /veɪnoɚ/

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

A box of office supplies

I was 10

P.S. Come on, you can't tell me that person put a lot of heart into THAt gift

Awesome avatar by Kurnour

"Is it true that God answers all prayers?"

"Yes...sometimes the answer is 'no'."

"Then how do you tell the difference between any answer and the answer no?"

"..."

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    I got hit by a water balloon out of a slingshot on my birthday, yay balloon shards and a black eye for a birthday present.
    Last June I had surgery the day after my birthday. Yay.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Ogre in the Playground

Nothing wrong, that i can remember
    Last edited by Crimmy : Tomorrow at 26:72 DM.

Spoiler
    Show

Iron Avatarist has gone on hiatus. Give me your feedback, please
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    @ Though I suppose walking in on my recently engaged fiance cheating on me tops that, but that wasn't on xmas, just around that time of year.
    *hands a beer to Supa* Now what is it with these things around that time of the year? But I take pride in still liking Christmas Time, so let's do a simultanous "Bfffffffffttttt"" at stupid ex-girls
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post

(Been happily married for 2 years now. Yay! - She's the best gift I have ever found.)
    Cool to hear! "Cheers" to her!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cryopyre View Post
    A box of office supplies

I was 10

P.S. Come on, you can't tell me that person put a lot of heart into THAt gift
    Hehe, that reminds me of shortly before my 12th birthday. I got a letter from American Express congratulating, suggesting of course to get a card and proposing a nice poster-map of Germany.
    I nicely answered that they have seemed to overlook my age, but I would still take the map.

They were actually cool enough to send it to me

That's Axel, the noble bandrowdy and his female side
    Thanks to Dispozition for the fantastic Axel/Alexia-avatars
    Great Faerwain-avatar by Tomb Raven
    Deep bows to Ceika for Faerwain the Triumphant

Middle Ages' most beautiful side- brought to you by the Digital Age

15. - Top - End - #105
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    But I take pride in still liking Christmas Time, so let's do a simultanous "Bfffffffffttttt"" at stupid ex-girls
    Well that's a bit rude to the F-to-M transsexual persons of below-average IQ

Alas, another mildly disappointing, though well-meant, gift from my family Smelly (literally, not just my usual insult) candles. Three orange-smelling ones in glass bulbs and a box of some other square sort. Smelly stuff: The stuff you get for girls when you don't know what to get them. On the other hand, my Aunty Nell told me, with regards to the remote control dragonfly I got for my cousin, that "When we talk about who buys the best presents, (Serpentine) is always at the top of the list!", so that was nice. I'm thinking that through next year, I'll just start writing a list of anything that catches my fancy to send to whoever's buying for me next, so at least I should get something I'll enjoy.
    I'd like to stress again that it's not so much that "the bastards didn't get me what I wanted!" as "oh dear, they really don't know me, do they? "

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ettin in the Playground

Worst present this year: my father gave me a comb and a lecture about my appearance.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mauve Shirt View Post
    Worst present this year: my father gave me a comb and a lecture about my appearance.
    *runs off to "You" thread to check Mauve's appeareance*

Hooo-kaaay...Present for your father next christmas: A white cane and a trained dog, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpentine View Post
    Well that's a bit rude to the F-to-M transsexual persons of below-average IQ
    Do not mess with the imagination of Serpy, for her reality has more dimensions than yours, and she is as witty as quick to blow your puny brain.
    Last edited by faerwain; 2007-12-29 at 10:27 AM.

That's Axel, the noble bandrowdy and his female side
    Thanks to Dispozition for the fantastic Axel/Alexia-avatars
    Great Faerwain-avatar by Tomb Raven
    Deep bows to Ceika for Faerwain the Triumphant

Middle Ages' most beautiful side- brought to you by the Digital Age

18. - Top - End - #108
    Firbolg in the Playground

a pair of fuzzy socks that didn't make it to the ankle, seriously, you could tell they werent even trying.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

One year everyone in my family and my cousins got a magazine subscription for Christmas....It was to O

another year...a how to book, for everyone. I never read it.
    Avi by Elder Tsofu
    Inner Circle

Quote Originally Posted by Vaynor View Post
    Well you cheat, obviously. You're a druid, you can just cast Control Weather and call it a day.
    Chainmaille, Chainmail or is it Chain Mail?

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    *runs off to "You" thread to check Mauve's appeareance*

Hooo-kaaay...Present for your father next christmas: A white cane and a trained dog, obviously.
    Aw thanks.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Dwarf in the Playground

A cookie jar. But that wasn't all. It was shaped like a bobber. A BOBBER!
    And it didn't even have any cookies in it. Just moldy green things and a lot of ants.
    Hail to the grand poobah of the internet!
    Spoiler
    Show

Xerillum

Quote Originally Posted by NecroPaladin View Post
    ((On the plus side, a crapamancer makes his own material components.))

22. - Top - End - #112

A Rubik's Cube.

That doesn't rotate.

A Simon Says-like imitation using the Rubik's Cube's shape to hold the games. A disgrace to all classic puzzles. A toy that may destroy the Rubik's Cube's reputation from its sheer stupidity.

Apparently, whoever made that toy is a maniac and an idiot.

Then again, I can't blame my parents because not even they knew that the Rubik's Revolution doesn't rotate.
    ·Bitzeralisis·

23. - Top - End - #113
    Pixie in the Playground

DrowGirl

Homebase vouchers.

My gran hates me.

24. - Top - End - #114
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

The only problem I have with christmas presents, is half my family doesn't know what age I am... So I used to get lego and transformers, way past the age that I would even look like I would be interested. Lucky enough for me that they don't come around to give it to my face. Most of it tends to end up in the charity bins out side my school

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by alexsempire View Post
    The only problem I have with christmas presents, is half my family doesn't know what age I am... So I used to get lego and transformers, way past the age that I would even look like I would be interested. Lucky enough for me that they don't come around to give it to my face. Most of it tends to end up in the charity bins out side my school
    I'm 16 and I still play with legos.
    *looks around*
    What?
    The above post made a lot more sense in my head.

Epic avatar by Mr. Saturn. Thanks Mr. Saturn!

26. - Top - End - #116

^ I can see how Lego could be an interesting passtime. I presume you go further than building little houses, though.

I don't really remember what I got when after a year or so. A gap in my normally excellent memory. Probably because of my resolute resilience to writing thank-you notes.

I usually get lots of books for Christmas and my birthdays. I read a lot, and fast. Two birthdays I got nothing but books. I thought I and my relatives had hit on a winning formula.

So imagine my surprise when my aunt and uncle gave me no books at all this Christmas. That's practically unheard-of. What did I get instead?

• Black trousers and tops. Good. I wanted those. They were good stuff, and I like black.
    • Sanitory products. More shampoo and so on. Sigh.
    • A beanie. A BEANIE. This aunt and uncle are my closes relatives other than my immediate family. I love them. If both my parents died, they would become my legal guardians. And yet, in my sixteen years of life, they have never seen me wear a hat. I have quite long hair, and don't feel temperature changes much. I go out in the snow hatless.
    Last edited by Arioch; 2007-12-30 at 06:04 PM.
    Necromancer avvie by Thecrimsonmage.

You don't kill the purple necromancer. The purple necromancer kills you, and uses your corpse as a draught excluder.

According to Player_Zero, I'm made entirely out of bees. Go figure.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Pixie in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

This has been the worst christmass ever. I know some peeps will have had worse ones but this has been the worst i've ever had.

Start with the christmas food. Imagine tables spead with all the delishious things that you could ever want for a christmas dinner, now imaging eating jam sandwhiches (for every meal) while everyone else tucks in because your coolbox of foods you're not alergic too (that you spent 2 solid days cooking) got eaten by your family.

Second picture 20 people sitting round the christmas tree waiting to open preasents and sudenly your parents realise that they didnt put your bag of presents into the car so you're told "sorry you'll have to open yours when we get home"

Third my dad came into the kitchen drunk off his ass and made a sex doll joke in front of all the kids and my grandma. My mum isn't speaking to him.
    Last edited by Cinders; 2007-12-30 at 09:59 PM.

28. - Top - End - #118
    Bugbear in the Playground

DwarfFighterGuy

im 22 and i play with legos more than my kiddo. course he's really young, but still.

My DM uses big grid paper, but buildings and people are all lego folk. he's within a year of my age.
    Quote Originally Posted by SurlySeraph View Post
    You are my favorite kind of villain.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

An out of date book token.
    for 5 pounds.

Not that i really expected much from my aunt (Who has been excommunicated since my mother died.), but...oh dearie me.

She's quite mad, the poor woman. Personality disorder and terrible OCD.

But still...
    out of date book tokens!?
    Everything I say is 100% TRUTH*
    *may contain traces of lie

Loki avatar by Dr.Bath.
    (I totally ship him and Curly. But shhh, it's a secret.)
    Formerly known as Aziraphale.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Dwarf in the Playground

This year was mostly an awesome Christmas. I got several nice things that I was really hoping to get (backpack, pie plates, oots stick book). But also got something that really made me laugh and I have to share. So, I have recently started knitting again. I'm a beginner so I've never made anything more complicated than a bag or a hat. My mom gave me a bunch of yarn for Christmas. Most of it is beautiful and I can't wait to use it. But there was also a huge ball of shocking pink yarn and a huge ball of electric turquoise yarn. Mom acted like this yarn was "really special" and asked if I remembered picking it out. Ummm .. .. no. When would I have picked it? It is really, really ugly yarn and it's synthetic not cotton or wool. Well, she got upset and explained "When you were in grade school Mema promised to make you a sweater and you and your sister each chose the yarn you wanted."
    Well, apparently the promised sweater was never made. So, Mom gave my sister and I the balls of yarn. She said and I quote "You can still make the sweater!" Sigh. I think I will have to quietly give away the yarn. I'm not talented enough to knit a sweater, there isn't enough yarn to make one that would fit me, and as I said before it's really ugly yarn.
    That is my worst Christmas gift this year. Yarn I picked out as a child. Never trust a kid to choose a color for anything.
    Awesome avatar by Lanky Bugger