New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #3511
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Quote Originally Posted by dakameleon View Post
    Assuming Rich is cool with the subtracting $22 for SS&DT, then yes, $5 + 9x$4 = $41 - $22 = $19. So total pledge $314 assuming no postage.
    He already removed and made a note about it a week ago, I just want to make sure my math is right.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-02-20 at 08:16 PM.

2. - Top - End - #3512
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The OOTS Reprint Drive at Kickstarter: Pledge now to get exclusive rewards!

Any bets on where this will end in terms of # of backers?
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

3. - Top - End - #3513
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gift Jeraff View Post
    Any bets on where this will end in terms of # of backers?
    Distinct or Raw Total?
    Tough to say for distinct, since we know that people have multiple accounts covering multiple award levels.

Raw total, close to 14500, probably.
    Let the Yaggle Gakkle-ing begin.
    Beware! Beware!
    All children of the 'ground

4. - Top - End - #3514
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Less than 5,000 dollars to go and 15 hours to earn it in. We're getting our Year of The Monsters for certain.

5. - Top - End - #3515
    Halfling in the Playground

HalflingPirate

$1,136,095 as at 9.03 PM EST, exactly 15 hours to go.... $1,155,000 looking likely!

6. - Top - End - #3516
    Ogre in the Playground

Now down to 14 hours and $1325 an hour for 2000%

7. - Top - End - #3517
    Orc in the Playground

W00t, I participated!! \o/\o/\o/
    Hopefully there will be no last minute problems with the credit cards and stuff
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably

8. - Top - End - #3518
    Bugbear in the Playground

Anyone who doesnt at least throw in the tenner will miss so much information that they will probably regret it down the line.

9. - Top - End - #3519

I think we're currently in 2nd place for most backers on a project.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

10. - Top - End - #3520
    Orc in the Playground

Question. I couldn't see mention of this, but I'm unsure what this particular reward means:

Pledge $14:

"As above, plus a second Roy Greenhilt magnet is added to your package."

It's a limited reward, and it's right below the broke-ass student special. Is this related to that, or what? It's the same price as the second magnet one.
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #3521
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

No, it's not related to the student special. The "as above" refers to the original $10 pledge.
    Knowledge is power.
    Power corrupts.
    Study hard.
    Be evil.

12. - Top - End - #3522

That pledge was made long before the 'broke ass student' pledge. It was limited because pledgers might mistake it as an unlimited version of the 'broke ass student' pledge.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

13. - Top - End - #3523
    Dwarf in the Playground

So we get the extra monsters... probably the 2000%. Are there any other goals? Or is this simply everything that's left?
    Awesome avatar courtesy Cealocanth.

Spoiler
    Show
    it's a crab and a cancer... just ask the zodiac...
    At the end of the KICKSTARTER pledge drive the number of unclaimed signed packages was 69 ! It's like my signature knew all along...

14. - Top - End - #3524

Achievement Unlocked: The Monster Mash (A Monster for All Seasons)
    Assistant Treasurer of the Haley fan club
    Crewman of the Bandana fan club

15. - Top - End - #3525

DrowGirl

Achievement Unlocked: Monsters, Monsters Everywhere! Raise enough to have monster mini sheets released four times throughout the year.

Edit: Dangit, ninja'd
    Last edited by Sethala; 2012-02-20 at 09:44 PM.

16. - Top - End - #3526
    Colossus in the Playground

So Rich, now that you actually have a million dollars (if only until the bills come), what are you going to do with it until then?
    Last edited by CoffeeIncluded; 2012-02-20 at 09:46 PM.

17. - Top - End - #3527
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WampaX View Post
    Distinct or Raw Total?
    Tough to say for distinct, since we know that people have multiple accounts covering multiple award levels.

Raw total, close to 14500, probably.
    Yeah raw total was what I meant.
    THE SCRYING EYE AT THE END OF STRIP #698 WAS ZZ'DTRI'S (SOURCE)

18. - Top - End - #3528
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

What should the next achievement be? Overkill Much?

19. - Top - End - #3529
    Firbolg in the Playground

New reward added - sharing the fundraising wealth.

Pledge $750 or more
    0 Backers • Limited Reward (5 of 5 remaining)

WINK, WINK: As the $575 Whole Story and a Box of Crayon reward above. Coincidentally, I will also be making five completely unrelated $750 donations to one or more of my favorite charities, and I may ask the backers help me in choosing from the following: World Wildlife Fund, Plan USA, Child's Play, Nature Conservancy, The Humane Society of the United States, or Doctors Without Borders.
    Estimated Delivery: May 2012

20. - Top - End - #3530
    Troll in the Playground

two of those are already gone.
    Spoiler
    Show
    by Akirim.elfKickstarter Avatar by Savannah
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Star Wars canon is one of those things where people have started to realize that the guys in charge are so far off their rockers that it's probably for the best to ignore them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Triscuitable View Post

OH GOD THEY'RE COMING! RUN! RUN, TURKISHPROVERB, RUN!

Quote Originally Posted by Maxios View Post
    GENERIC FLAMING COMMENT, POSSIBLY INVOLVING YOUR MOTHER !

21. - Top - End - #3531

Dangit... one of the $170 signed print only paks became available for about 15 seconds. Took me 20 to log in, scroll down and hit enter. Ah well... a few hours of lurking left. Right now I'm at $200 with a $25 prize pak. Yeah... a little left over for coloring book, patch, part of a Cintiq, etc...
    Researcher Emeritus of the MitD Fan Club

A super Shoutout THANK YOU! to Cyclotis for the MitD avatar...

22. - Top - End - #3532
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

^^^HSUS (Consider donating to a local humane society or shelter instead. They'll be much better stewards of your donation than HSUS. Trust me, I'm related to an aspiring vet, she's up on this stuff.) Sorry, felt obligated to vent on that.

For my part, I caved and am getting myself SOD now.
    Last edited by Incom; 2012-02-20 at 10:05 PM.
    SSBitP
    Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    "Creativity is the art of knowing how to hide one's sources." - Original quote, DO NOT STEAL.

23. - Top - End - #3533
    Ogre in the Playground

Now down to 13 hours and $883 an hour for 2000%! It just keeps dropping, it seriously looks like we'll make it!

24. - Top - End - #3534

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by MammonAzrael View Post
    Now down to 13 hours and $883 an hour for 2000%! It just keeps dropping, it seriously looks like we'll make it!
    Yep, $1,145,963 at time of posting... so $9000 in the last hour, which is INSANE.

(also, a note: the time remaining there is "whole hours", so 13 hours actually means 13 hours x mins...)

Quote Originally Posted by Gwynfrid View Post
    New reward added - sharing the fundraising wealth.
    Good Guy Rich leverages the power of Greyskull mad fans the backers... awesome!

25. - Top - End - #3535
    Troll in the Playground

Just let go a signed print for a crayon drawing!

26. - Top - End - #3536
    Troll in the Playground

Yep, $1,145,963 at time of posting... so $9000 in the last hour, which is INSANE.
    I'm just wondering whether we'll get to the next $100k level, so the consecutive-comics run will be longer...

Good Guy Rich leverages the power of Greyskull mad fans the backers... awesome!
    Is there some Kickstarter rule that's the reason he's beating around the bush with that description?
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Attempting to use Iron Heart Surge can often lead to the player removing the 'not being beaten upside the head' condition.
    avatar by me. Extended sig here.

27. - Top - End - #3537
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The pace has been so insane today, now I'm worried that the kickstarter is being trolled by someone who is creating false accounts and pledging, and they'll pull out at the end :-(

28. - Top - End - #3538
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Flame of Anor View Post
    I'm just wondering whether we'll get to the next $100k level, so the consecutive-comics run will be longer...
    As of 7:30pm PST:

$3,831 per hour to have Rich add TWO extra strips for OOTS Everyday Encore.
    $51,710 needed to have Rich add TWO extra strips for OOTS Everyday Encore

It'll be close, I think. The main reason I am hesitant is that I don't know how the Mid-6am EST time period will do. I.e. when UK/Europe/Asia/Australia are center stage. Last Day Mania should help things there.

But well enough?

We'll see. Personally I'm hoping for something of a buffer. If it can get down to 2.5K per hour I'll feel a heck of a lot more secure about things...

(NOTE: There's also the worry about failed pledges. The end total might just be close enough for that to matter...)
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

29. - Top - End - #3539
    Troll in the Playground

it just occurred to me that the crayon drawing is ANY oots character, not just The order of the stick five.
    And now I'm looking at the art print going How the hell am I going to decide?

30. - Top - End - #3540
    Orc in the Playground

5k until 2000%
    gogogo!
    "Stop talking." - Roy
    Surprised Champion Predictor of the Rastakhan Rumble's Card Rating Competition in the Playground - "I could predict pretty much anything, besides winning this competition!" - Myself, probably