New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 40 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: Vicious Betrayals

Alorn and Heimvard

Alorn takes the offered hand, his grip firm but friendly.

"Perhaps your new city would be a good place for something I am planning. A school, or temple, to teach law and war to the peoples."

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

It watches from its corner, it watches with eyes that softly glow. Black lips curl back from teeth ground sharp, and the wall of ivory spreads into a jagged patchwork. A long tongue curls from deep within the throat, but no sound emerges from this frame. Only hunger, only hunger remains.
    TABIt grows angry, spiteful at the world. Indulgence, opulence, comfort; these are the things the gods seek to plague the world with. It seems now that only the kobold truly remember how to live, scraping for each little piece they earned, but they were a weak race. Importance, significance, prized. You did not cherish gifts given to you, but what you had to earn yourself.
    TABSlowly, it retracts its claws from the sky. It was in no hurry, its lesson would spread. Hunger would spread. Already, it could see, though few, the hungering ones grew slowly. Patience, patience. It had to be instilled. A hungry belly clawed for action, but it knew better. It knew they would come with time. Its prey would fall before it, and he would eat their bones. Patience, patience.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kutiseos' AP = 3. No actions taken.
    Next Level; 5/6 AP.

Domain actions;
    Hunger, used.
    Trickery, used.

"Put you backs in it! Harders! Harders!" A stiff sound cracked the air, as the kobold struck two rotted sticks together. "Fasters! Fasters!" She hissed. Below her perch, a team of lesser swamp kobold hauled a large, sharp rock from the black waters to the hill where it would rest with the others. Rocks such as this were not difficult to find, in the infertile, salty soils of the swamp, but they were very heavy.
    TABThe hill sat just a hair higher than the rest of the swamp--the swamps here were mostly flat, with occasional mounds and the odd stone that had decided on going up rather than out. The only plants that grew were tough grasses, bleached grey yellow. Nothing obstructed the view of the horizon, the view to the distant, misty mountains which cut the swamp from the mainland on one side and the sea which filled the brackish waters with salt on another.
    TABThe hill was hardly noticeable, at first, but a temple was being built here. It was one of very few spots where a suitable foundation could be found--the swamp muds greedily devoured anything too heavy, and most of the outcroppings of rock were too sharp or small to build anything suitable. This temple, the only construction for miles, was a cankering sore on the horizon, noticeable for miles around.
    TABIt did not so much resemble the creations of the Ward or of the developing Onari, for the swampkind had never encountered such a sight, having never left their swamps. No, the temple resembled more a cairn, a mound of balanced stones. It had no recognizable interior, but rather the large rocks, so large in fact, created a maze of cracks between them which the swampkind could easily slip away into.
    TABA shamble of rotted wood, assembled from the rare trees on the outskirts of the swamp, cut paths through the treacherous waters abound, though the planks were often crudely placed and narrow and unbalanced. Often, swampkind fell from their ledges and into the waters below. It was unclear as to what purpose these piers served, for any fallen swampkind could easily swim in the murk below (it wasn't until the kobolds regular had arrived, that swampkind realized what tasty treats they could catch).
    TABOne swampkind hovers at the edge of water. A pale flash, a sliver of light, flared just below the surface, and in a second's passing, the swampkind had wrapped its claws around the pale, blind, and bony fish. It greedily ate of its flesh, raw, and choked on the bones. Other swampkind carried away the corpse, to the hill and the temple. "Ah, yes. Dinners has served!"
    Last edited by bryn0528; 2012-03-07 at 04:16 PM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Orc in the Playground

Vardheim - First Contact
    "So you do, then you must have been following me a lot longer. Tell me, what do you know about me, that I don't tell you things you already know. And on your name, I'm afraid that I can not speak your language and can not pronounce your name succesfully. Is there anything else I can call you, or should I keep calling you 'Little One'?" He asks, a tiny smile curving along his ashen face.

He didn't understood what, but there was something the young noble liked about the sparrow sitting on his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    A PM with some info about the young noble that the sparrow could've picked up is making it's way to you now.

Vardheim - The Lunaeri
    Soon the Lunaeri are spotted by a Vard sentry standing guard on the wall. If the Lunaeri are observing the wall they see a figure rushing down from the wall and - after half an hour - there is a small commotion at the open gate as ten Vardr guards march out of the city, a Vard in particularly rich garb with obsidian eyes in his ashen face walking in front of them.

The procession halts about fifty paces away, to not seem threatening to the Lunaeri, and the rich-garbed Vard walks up to the Lunaeri emissaries with one bodyguard on his side.

"Greetings and welcome to Vardheim, strangers," the rich-garbed noble calls out, bowing to the Lunaeri. "I am Jarl Methem Blackborne, Second of the Third Level. Who do we have the honor of welcoming and what brings you to our fair city?"

The Void - Alorn and Heimvard
    As Heimvard lets go of the hand of Alorn. I would be honored to see at the very least a temple in your honor in Vardheim. And while I do not intend for my children to be warlike I agree that sometimes we must study warfare, if only to defend ourselves and those we hold dear.

On another matter, I have just enough power left to bind myself to the Guardians, so I would ask an audience with Agone, the chief deity of your pantheon.

4. - Top - End - #334

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    Addaz looks at the storms his son had made. An impressive addition to the Sky Dance. He turns, and faces outward, to where his siblings are. Come, it is time to meet your peers. He takes Tharin's hand and, propelled by a gentle gust of wind, move towards the Moon.
    Tharin and Adazz, The Moon
    "How many others of our kind inhabit this place? The lands below already seem to have been changed a little. What about here? Who made all this?" He points towards the moon, and then to the stars.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny of Faith View Post
    Tharin and Adazz, The Moon
    "How many others of our kind inhabit this place? The lands below already seem to have been changed a little. What about here? Who made all this?" He points towards the moon, and then to the stars.
    We all have made parts of it. And I have actually lost count myself of how many of us there are. But here we are.
    They land on the Moon, near a cluster of dieties.
    Last edited by Eldest; 2012-03-07 at 10:11 PM.
    LGBTA+itP

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

The Angel looks towards Gazardiel, and smiles. "Why thank you brother, you look well yourself."
    "Is mise tusa... Is tusa mise... Ón bhfarraige d'anam, tháinig mé..."
    お前 が 信じる, お前 を 信じろ
    A scientist never needs a reason to set something on fire.
    The only thing that exists is the way people relate, interact and affect each other, and how that expands throughout the world. There should never be an end to a tale.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Shmee View Post
    *snip*
    "Thank you very much little girl. I bid you adue" Kelani bows and disappears in a swirl of energy

Above the world

Kelani releases the shadows above Ascension Clearing and watches them seek out their owners, fusing with them again.

Spoiler
    Show
    1AP -1 (Intervene: Return Shadows) Doing the opposite of Shmee's Intervene

Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    Ascension Clearing

Eight Lunaeri make their way to the home of the Nodimi. The party consists of three females and five males wearing only primitive coverings made of leaves. The emissaries might seem a bit strange to humanoids. Most of them appear to be adolescents, but a few look to be only children. The oldest looking Lunaeri seems to be a young adult and he is the one who speaks first. "Hello. We come representing the Children of the Moon and would like to speak with your leaders."
    "Hello. Our leaders are in a meeting with another race at the moment. Would you like to join them or wait till they are finished?"
    A middle-aged Nodimi with faintly glowing green eyes approaches the group.

(This is what will become a Dimi.)

Quote Originally Posted by Venetian Mask View Post
    Vardr - Emmisaries to the other races
    The Vardr will send emissaries to the Kobolds, High Onari, Dragons, Igni and Nodimi. These parties will all consist off a single nobleman, a marshal and a few soldiers as honor guard.
    As the Vardr entered the WaterDome they were greeted by a delegation of Nodimi.
    Lur, 2 males and 2 females (1 of each had green eyes) approached, careful not to exit the Dome into the light
    "Greetings new race. We are the Nodimi, the oldest Race in existence. Please follow us to Ascension Clearing and the Kobolds.
    Who are you and why have you come?"
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

8. - Top - End - #338
    Pixie in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Sorry, gotta go spend some AP and get involved in the world...

Iyate, The Oculus

Iyate frowned, each mouth curving down in succession as it waited for Yiasial to answer the question. After a long moment, it reached out a slender arm and gently nudged the other God.

"Umm..." it said, sounding uncertain.

After another long moment, Iyate folded its arms.

"Well, I'm going to assume that you are safe here. I'll come back later and we can talk more..." the God trailed off, watched Yiasial for a response, then moved off into the void, looking down at the world beneath it.

Iyate, An Onari village

As it grew closer, a small village of stone huts grew visible, and, curious, the God descended to observe the lithe beings that were moving around the huts and the fields nearby. In particular, it watched as some farmers labored in the field. It was clear that some of the farmers were experienced, tending their growing crops with great care as they made their way across the fertile soil. Others, on the other hand, were not nearly as talented, paying no attention to where they walked and alternately flattening the tilled soil or even crushing the just-sprouting plants. Iyate pursed its many lips, finding this process rather inefficient, but turned its attention elsewhere, to where some Onari were trying, to varying degrees of success, to collect milk from a herd of domesticated beasts. After watching a hapless Onari, who had not been shown how to approach the beasts properly get kicked for the second time, Iyate had had enough.

Its mouths opened, and it began to sing, causing the Onari below to stop their work and look around in confusion at the beautiful sounds coming from the air around them. And in the sounds was a song, and in the song was a lesson that was less words than ideas, concepts, methods and a subtle command.

Its mouths closed, and the song faded, and slowly the Onari got back to work. But this time, something had changed. As the untrained Onari approached a beast, suddenly another Onari stood up and stopped him. Iyate watched as the skilled Onari showed the other how best to approach and milk the beast. The hapless Onari scrunched up his brow, watching her intently. After a moment, she stood and gestured for him to try. After a few attempts, each time accompanied by a correction or two (or five) from the female Onari, he managed to get a pail of milk, a wide grin on his face.

Likewise, in the fields, the skilled Onari were showing the others how to walk so as to avoid trampling the work they and others had already done.

Iyate then turned its attention to the village itself, and within it picked out a few choice candidates, placing the knowledge of writing within them.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the Free Teach of Writing to teach the (standard) Onari to write.

1 = 3 - 2 (and 1 from Civilization Domain): Create Concept: Teaching/Learning. Now knowledge can actually be transmitted from person to person (using the 'communication' aspect of it. I can switch this to the Knowledge domain if necessary). Also created are two classes: "Student" and "Teacher"

Free Teach of, erm... 'Teaching' to the Standard Onari.

Civilization Domain: USED
    Knowledge Domain: AVAILABLE

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

Vardheim - First Contact
    "So you do, then you must have been following me a lot longer. Tell me, what do you know about me, that I don't tell you things you already know. And on your name, I'm afraid that I can not speak your language and can not pronounce your name succesfully. Is there anything else I can call you, or should I keep calling you 'Little One'?" He asks, a tiny smile curving along his ashen face.

He didn't understood what, but there was something the young noble liked about the sparrow sitting on his shoulder.

Spoiler
    Show
    A PM with some info about the young noble that the sparrow could've picked up is making it's way to you now.
    "Call me whatever you wish. I care not. However, you misunderstand me. I do not particularly need to reveal myself to you to learn about who you as an individual are. I already know that you are the youngest of four noble sons whose father is a petty noble. While the oldest two went off to fulfill an important role for your people and your other brother has achieved minor recognition for himself, you have done nothing your people can respect you for. I know that you enjoy thinking and dreaming about various heroic things, but you have yet to do more than think and dream. You do, however, have enough sense that you're not likely to go gossiping around about this encounter. You also have a compassionate streak that you have even hidden from your stern but fair father."

" I need to reveal myself because I have been observing you as a race and do not understand your people. That is what I need explained."
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-03-07 at 11:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldest View Post
    We all have made parts of it. And I have actually lost count myself of how many of us there are. But here we are.
    They land on the Moon, near a cluster of dieties.
    As the two latest deities arrive on the moon, they would find a Masked figure seemingly appearing out nowhere, staring at them straight in the face.

"More freeloaders... now what do you want?"
    says Nysv as it leans even closer.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

11. - Top - End - #341

The Vardr will send emissaries to the Kobolds, High Onari, Dragons, Igni and Nodimi. These parties will all consist off a single nobleman, a marshal and a few soldiers as honor guard.
    The emissaries to the Kobolds reach the outskirts of Draconia (though they're not aware of that). A small yellow-scaled creature, humanoid in appearance with some draconish features, with flesh hanging over his bones looks at them from a distance. "Visitors! This is the land of Mor'Mor, you can appease Mor'Mor with offerings of food or incur his wrath!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Note, since the Dragon God seems inactive at this time, I could role-play the delegation to the dragons interacting with the Kobold presence there.

Twilight Forest

"We also procreate, of course. But why do you group your children together into such a span of time? What is the utility in that?"
    The Kobolds ponders the question for a moment, "Well. I suppose the utility is to make each generation significant. A generation shares experiences as a group that no other generation experiences or experiences in the same way because they have different experiences. This forms entire generations and makes each of them unique."

First Contact - Ascension Clearing

"Well you've found one.
    The Flow is a force that surrounds everyone, Divine, Mortal or some weird mix. It is present in the air, the rocks, the moon. Even the Void flows with Energy that may be utilized.
    The Jesarie, and the Athlio as they are asking to be called, are Flow-users. They can shape and force the Flow through themselves, filtering the energy and rearranging it before turning it physical to create a wide-range of effects.
    I wish I could explain further but you wouldn't understand the terms. Some of them aren't even vocalized but shown through the Flow.
    Anyone can learn to shape and sense the Flow through training and practice, though some develop the skill naturally like your companion. When that happens, generally in strange or overwhelming circumstances, they will emit uncontrolled Flow Bursts that will do chaotic things to pretty much everything around them. That is why we try to seek them out and unlock their "Flow-Sight" as we call it, peacefully. We don't fancy having a blast of fire burst our Dome or a hurricane centered on Ascension Clearing, can we.
    You may take him back tomorrow after he unlocks his Sight, or he may stay and refine his skills faster. Same with the rest of you. The gift is not for hoarding to one race and our only stipulation is that you never refuse to teach someone without an extremely good reason like a state of war with their race."
    The Kobold grins his teeth, "Don't worry about it. We are all about sharing and I have no doubt our leaders will be most interested in spreading this 'flow'.

Lagun'a - Contact

Regarius takes a slight, but respectful bow. "Greetings Kaj. On behalf of my Lord Imperator, I thank you for your hospitality. He has commanded me to see what you would have to offer the Igni and enter negotiations if possible."
    The Kaj tries to appear respectful but comes off as a touch arrogant, smiling and returning the bow with a nod of his head, "Greetings Regarius! The Kobolds have much to offer. We are the dominant and most wide-spread race in the world! The first to make contact with the other races. The first to explore the known world. Kobolds have taken to the oceans, the air, the underground, I even hear that the mother of all Kobolds has laid an egg that will produce the first moon Kobolds! We can offer you contact with the other races, the use of various types of Kobolds, knowledge of many of the major gods and other cultures. I also hear that that some of my people have found the innate ability to use something called the flow, with which they can produce various effects as they please, like little gods! Apparently it is teachable and it is something I can offer you as well." [little timebubble for the last one in place]

"What would the Igni have to offer the great Kobold race however?"
    Last edited by Zerter; 2012-03-08 at 05:32 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Bugbear in the Playground

Zombie

Ascension Clearing : All Races

As the different races watch black shapes descend through the Dome, flying adeptly through the forest and colliding with the Nodimi.
    As they watch Shadows appear at their feet, something that some had noticed were lacking.

"Oh good. Nysv gave them back. Thanks Kelani, though I still blame you for making him steal them in the first place."
    Fol chastised

Lur shivered as the shadow fills her again
    "That's better. Maybe now we can see the sky again."

The Kobolds

"Oh good. You can all learn to be either Jesarie or Athlio.
    Jesarie is Destruction-Focused. They are the best at removing things, though they can Create they focus on Destruction. Athlio are adept at Creation, adding things, replacing things and making entirely new beings is their calling, though they can Destroy if they want.
    I'll let you decide which path to follow when you are more trained however."

OOC: The Jesarie lean towards conservation and precision and are generally Good-Leaning
    The Athlio are more likely to be uncaring for life and resources as they can always make more. They are Evil-Leaning and get very Xykon-y ("Sacrificing Minions, is there any problem it can't solve").
    Athlio are the better Healers however as it's a Creation-based Use.
    <-- Give the zombie a hug. You know you want too. It's so lonely.

I have quit Giantitp. I may be back but not anytime soon
    Sorry everyone

13. - Top - End - #343
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods Onari, Kobold Contact
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerter View Post
    The entire group approaches her with caution in their bodies and fear in their eyes. The Majestic Kobold takes the word. ''Greetings Gladeberry Moonshadow. We are representives from the Kobold Kaj of Draconia, here to establish peaceful relations.''
    She looks down on the majestic kobold from her high seat.

Indeed. I've watched you speaking with my consort. Tell me, kobolt, what do these relations entail?

2Aquatic Onari, Kobold Contact
    The Kobolds chatter amongst themselves for a moment in the Dragon tongue before one of them takes the word. ''That makes absolutely no sense. We would have needed to know you existed before we could ever spy on you. The fact that we are scouting the entire ocean looking for contacts means we obviously don't know where you live. We grow tired of this baseless hostility, if you are going to kill us based on illogical reasoning please do so right away. Otherwise lets just assume we speak the truth, mean you no harm and establish some kind of contact or at least ground rules between our people.''
    You JUST said that you knew we existed and came HERE to find US. That's pretty suspicious...

The Onari make no moves to attack, but are definitely quite hostile.

2Desert Onari, Kobold Contact
    ''We serve the Kobold Kaj of Draconia. The great red fat one!''
    They just look at you, a look of irritation on their faces. A long moment of awkward silence stretches on util, again, the one speaks.

What god do you serve?

2High Onari, Kobold Contact
    The Kobolds look taken aback but quickly recover. ''What about love and respect?''
    Yes, those are very good indeed; however, our queen deserves a token of that love and respect. Does she not? Do you suggest that she is unworthy of that? I think you should return another day when you are serious about meeting with her.

4A little bit later, after the above is resolved and time has passed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Topheh View Post
    Iyate, An Onari village
    Spoiler
    Show
    As it grew closer, a small village of stone huts grew visible, and, curious, the God descended to observe the lithe beings that were moving around the huts and the fields nearby. In particular, it watched as some farmers labored in the field. It was clear that some of the farmers were experienced, tending their growing crops with great care as they made their way across the fertile soil. Others, on the other hand, were not nearly as talented, paying no attention to where they walked and alternately flattening the tilled soil or even crushing the just-sprouting plants. Iyate pursed its many lips, finding this process rather inefficient, but turned its attention elsewhere, to where some Onari were trying, to varying degrees of success, to collect milk from a herd of domesticated beasts. After watching a hapless Onari, who had not been shown how to approach the beasts properly get kicked for the second time, Iyate had had enough.

Its mouths opened, and it began to sing, causing the Onari below to stop their work and look around in confusion at the beautiful sounds coming from the air around them. And in the sounds was a song, and in the song was a lesson that was less words than ideas, concepts, methods and a subtle command.

Its mouths closed, and the song faded, and slowly the Onari got back to work. But this time, something had changed. As the untrained Onari approached a beast, suddenly another Onari stood up and stopped him. Iyate watched as the skilled Onari showed the other how best to approach and milk the beast. The hapless Onari scrunched up his brow, watching her intently. After a moment, she stood and gestured for him to try. After a few attempts, each time accompanied by a correction or two (or five) from the female Onari, he managed to get a pail of milk, a wide grin on his face.

Likewise, in the fields, the skilled Onari were showing the others how to walk so as to avoid trampling the work they and others had already done.

Iyate then turned its attention to the village itself, and within it picked out a few choice candidates, placing the knowledge of writing within them.

Spoiler
    Show

Use the Free Teach of Writing to teach the (standard) Onari to write.

1 = 3 - 2 (and 1 from Civilization Domain): Create Concept: Teaching/Learning. Now knowledge can actually be transmitted from person to person (using the 'communication' aspect of it. I can switch this to the Knowledge domain if necessary). Also created are two classes: "Student" and "Teacher"

Free Teach of, erm... 'Teaching' to the Standard Onari.

Civilization Domain: USED
    Knowledge Domain: AVAILABLE
    Learning from the benevolent deity, the Onari quickly begin to progress. The males who learned writing quickly taught it to the other males while the females taught others as apprentices in the various jobs and in the basics of defense. As they grew, the gender roles established at their creation grew stronger and more ingrained in the High Onari society.

High Onari, City of Yatel, the Vardr Emissaries
    The Vardr emissaries arrive at the High Onari city of Yatel, its stone walls manned by a few armed female Onari on patrol. The gates of the city stand open, and several men sit thereabouts at rough, wooden tables gathered near the gate.

Seeing your arrival, one man stands and comes out to greet the Vardr, a tough looking female carrying a spear following behind him.

Welcome to the city of Yatel.

Quote Originally Posted by TsukikoJ View Post
    City of the High Onari

A fairly large retinue of the Lunaeri make their way to the first city of the High Onari. The Children of the Moon know very little about the other races of the world at this point, but from the little they've observed of the Onari they seem to be a people that are not too different from themselves. A young woman leads the retinue. She has big, cobalt eyes that make her stand out from the rest of the Lunaeri and smooth, silvery hair that almost reaches her slender waist. The entire party is scantily clad in various coverings made from plant life. They appear to be very young in the eyes of the Onari.
    As he is meeting with the Vardr, the Lunaeri approach. He smiles warmly at them, seeing some sort of kindred spirit in the appreciation of beauty. Still, he only repeats his same greeting that they too might hear.

Welcome to the city of Yatel.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.

14. - Top - End - #344

Woods Onari

She looks down on the majestic kobold from her high seat.

Indeed. I've watched you speaking with my consort. Tell me, kobolt, what do these relations entail?
    "That is for us to work out together your highest highness. We want to establish peace between our people and if possible some kind of cultural or information exchange are authorized to offer you Kobolds, possible consorts if that would please you. We can also offer you knowledge of the gods, the world and other races. Our Kobold have spread out across the known world and many will return or have return with various types of knowledge."

Aquatic Onari

You JUST said that you knew we existed and came HERE to find US. That's pretty suspicious...

The Onari make no moves to attack, but are definitely quite hostile.
    "We were aware of your presence in the ocean because we had reported sightings of your kind and stumbled on the remains of a civilization. We came here to search for you because we came everywhere to search for you. Aquatic Kobolds were send throughout the known oceans carrying a message of peace. For each of us that arrived here another dozen Kobolds will die in an attempt to bring a message a peace to isolated areas where there is no one to receive it."

Desert Onari

They just look at you, a look of irritation on their faces. A long moment of awkward silence stretches on util, again, the one speaks.

What god do you serve?
    The Kobolds chatter amongst themselves fearfully during the awkward phase, "We serve N'aktar, the Kobold God."

High Onari

Yes, those are very good indeed; however, our queen deserves a token of that love and respect. Does she not? Do you suggest that she is unworthy of that? I think you should return another day when you are serious about meeting with her.
    "Uh... sure thing. Bye!" "Maybe we will give her a course in 'how to communicate properly' for her underlings..." is what the Kobold mutters to himself as they depart.
    Last edited by Zerter; 2012-03-08 at 07:06 AM.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

Twilight Forest

The Kobolds ponders the question for a moment, "Well. I suppose the utility is to make each generation significant. A generation shares experiences as a group that no other generation experiences or experiences in the same way because they have different experiences. This forms entire generations and makes each of them unique."
    Twilight Forest

"That concept is strange to us, for each member experiences life differently. We do not see how one could consider any shared experiences from one 'generation' significant from those of other 'generations' that also experienced the same thing. Still, I think I understand."

As the elder is about to say something else, a star dragon comes barreling out of the treetops and knocks the spokeswoman off her feet. "High there! I'm Twilight sparkle! Who are you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

16. - Top - End - #346

As the two latest deities arrive on the moon, they would find a Masked figure seemingly appearing out nowhere, staring at them straight in the face.

"More freeloaders... now what do you want?"
    says Nysv as it leans even closer.
    The Moon
    He blinks at the masked figure, letting go of Addaz' hand and taking a small step back.

"Freeloaders? What do you mean?" He says with confusion.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

As the godling takes a step back, the god of Shadows shuffles forward until it is once again near the godling's face "Yes! Freeloaders! And what I mean, is that I am calling you... a freeloader! There! I have answered two questions of yours, but you have yet to answer mine. What do you want?"
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-08 at 09:16 AM.

18. - Top - End - #348

Nysv, the Moon

As the godling takes a step back, the god of Shadows shuffles forward until it is once again near the godling's face "Yes! Freeloaders! And what I mean, is that I am calling you... a freeloader! There! I have answered two questions of yours, but you have yet to answer mine. What do you want?"
    Tharin, the Moon

"Wait, no! That was just one question. My f-... Addaz brought me here, to meet the other gods. You are one of them?" Tharin again takes a step away from Nysv, looking at the other god with a look of curiosity.

"Who are you?"

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv the moon

The god of shadows shuffles once again towards Tharin. Its mask had already jerked anti-clockwise several times while talking. "Well now... and I suppose your f-...Addaz decided that no one would mind that he just self-invited himself into someone's home. I'll be sure to remember that when the time comes for me to pay you a visit..."

"And to answer your other questions... I am... Darkness incarnate, and yes... I am one of them. I have now answered four questions and got one questioned of mine answered in return. As far as I'm concerned... you owe me."

"When the time comes, I'll pay you a visit to collect my dues..." says Nysv as he turns and begins to shuffle away. "There seems to be no stopping to you freeloaders... so you might as well mingle with the rest of the intruders. I give up..."

20. - Top - End - #350

Nysv the moon

The god of shadows shuffles once again towards Tharin. Its mask had already jerked anti-clockwise several times while talking. "Well now... and I suppose your f-...Addaz decided that no one would mind that he just self-invited himself into someone's home. I'll be sure to remember that when the time comes for me to pay you a visit..."

"And to answer your other questions... I am... Darkness incarnate, and yes... I am one of them. I have now answered four questions and got one questioned of mine answered in return. As far as I'm concerned... you owe me."

"When the time comes, I'll pay you a visit to collect my dues..." says Nysv as he turns and begins to shuffle away. "There seems to be no stopping to you freeloaders... so you might as well mingle with the rest of the intruders. I give up..."
    Tharin, The Moon

"Hey, no! Wait, stop doing that!" He says, reaching out towards Nysv. After a moment of doing this, Tharin pulls his hand back on the realisation that he doesn't want to touch the other God. "I only just got here. Here as in here, and here as in this whole existence thing! I can't owe you things already, can I?"

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

As Nysv turns around and beings to walk away, it stops abruptly. Its Mask slowly gets sucked into the darkness which makes up the deities body, and emerges from what once was its back. Now fully facing Tharin, Nysv retorts

"Do you really want me to charge you for another answer? Actually... don't bother answering. I suppose that as a godling ignorance is hardly your fault... that blame would fall to your f-...Addaz. Very well then... I shall answer your question free of charge."

"Yes... I can. And let that be a lesson to you godling: Nothing in existence is free. Now then... as you have warmed up to me, I shall also give you some more advice... free of charge. When I come to collect, you better well pay your dues... you do not want to know what happened to the last one who refused to pay me."

22. - Top - End - #352

Nysv, the Moon

As Nysv turns around and beings to walk away, it stops abruptly. Its Mask slowly gets sucked into the darkness which makes up the deities body, and emerges from what once was its back. Now fully facing Tharin, Nysv retorts

"Do you really want me to charge you for another answer? Actually... don't bother answering. I suppose that as a godling ignorance is hardly your fault... that blame would fall to your f-...Addaz. Very well then... I shall answer your question free of charge."

"Yes... I can. And let that be a lesson to you godling: Nothing in existence is free. Now then... as you have warmed up to me, I shall also give you some more advice... free of charge. When I come to collect, you better well pay your dues... you do not want to know what happened to the last one who refused to pay me."
    Tharin, The Moon

Tharin scratches his head in confusion, momentarily dumbstruck by the other god. "I... Wh-... You... Right, okay. But you answered my questions, so I should only have to answer yours, as payment. None of what I just said was a question!"

"What do you want from me, anyway? And that one doesn't count! I just want to know how you're going to collect your... dues? ... That one doesn't count either! How do you speak to somebody without asking so many questions?" He groans, looking towards Addaz pleadingly.
    Last edited by Bunny of Faith; 2012-03-08 at 01:41 PM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv,the Moon

"Considering how you have amused me, I shall reward you. Let it not be said that I don't pay my own dues. To answer your first question: You have nothing I want...yet. But you are right. As I answered your question... the day will come when I expect you to answer mine. To answer your second question: I will walk up to you, and ask to collect my dues. And to answer your third question: You simply stop asking questions."
    Last edited by Shmee; 2012-03-08 at 01:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354

Nysv,the Moon

"Considering how you have amused me, I shall reward you. Let it not be said that I don't pay my own dues. To answer your first question: You have nothing I want...yet. But you are right. As I answered your question... the day will come when I expect you to answer mine. To answer your second question: I will walk up to you, and ask to collect my dues. And to answer your third question: You simply stop asking questions."
    Tharin, The Moon

"Amused you? Gah! No more questions. I'm not asking any more questions! Besides this last one. Why... Why isn't anything here besides gods? I mean, there isn't even any weather up here. Can I make some? Would anybody mind?" Tharin says, a hint of excitement in his voice.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nysv, the Moon

"You said one last question... yet you asked three. I suppose counting isn't your strong point either. It would seem to me godling that either you didn't understand the lesson I just taught you... or you are pushing your luck. Either way... there is nothing here besides gods because that is the way the Moon has been created. You could create some weather up here... but I think that my Sibling might mind. Now... do as you will... risk his wrath if you dare... and I shall leave you to ponder just how many favors you now owe me."

With that, Nysv turns away from Tharin. If the god of Shadows had a physical head, he would have a headache with all those questions.

All of a sudden in front of Tharin, the Creepy Masked Girl appears, having finished her negotiations for the Nodimi shadows.

"Greetings. I shall have to ask you to have patience with the Darkness. It is in a bad enough mood with all these intruders in his home. I am its Puppet... but I have not had the honor of knowing your name yet..."

26. - Top - End - #356

Nysv, the Moon
    All of a sudden in front of Tharin, the Creepy Masked Girl appears, having finished her negotiations for the Nodimi shadows.

"Greetings. I shall have to ask you to have patience with the Darkness. It is in a bad enough mood with all these intruders in his home. I am its Puppet... but I have not had the honor of knowing your name yet..."
    "Should you really be talking to me, then? He does not seem to be happy that I am here, so I think I am intruding, a little." He holds a hand out to the Girl, intent on shaking hers. "I am Tharin, though. God of Storms. What is your name?"

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Creepy Masked Girl, the Moon

"The Darkness did not bid me to not talk to you. Thus I am given the freedom to speak to you until told otherwise."

The floating girl slowly raises her own and and reaching out, grabs Tharin's. Tharin would notice that her hand is completely limp, although the girl does seem to put a lot of effort into squeezing it.

"I do not have a name beyond that which you may wish to bestow upon me Lord Tharin. Do not blame the Darkness for its mood. Already the Siblings had to repel an intruder who came with violence in his mind. That you are intruding here is a fact... but then... so are many of the Great Ones here."

"I had overheard that you wish to alter the creation of the Siblings... why would you wish to alter this great monument to the combined power of Light and Darkness?"

28. - Top - End - #358

"The Darkness did not bid me to not talk to you. Thus I am given the freedom to speak to you until told otherwise."

The floating girl slowly raises her own and and reaching out, grabs Tharin's. Tharin would notice that her hand is completely limp, although the girl does seem to put a lot of effort into squeezing it.

"I do not have a name beyond that which you may wish to bestow upon me Lord Tharin. Do not blame the Darkness for its mood. Already the Siblings had to repel an intruder who came with violence in his mind. That you are intruding here is a fact... but then... so are many of the Great Ones here."

"I had overheard that you wish to alter the creation of the Siblings... why would you wish to alter this great monument to the combined power of Light and Darkness?"
    Tharin, The Moon

Tharin let's his own hand drop back to his waist, fiddling with the lightning bolt resting there. "I do not think you would be happy with any name I could come up with, unfortunately."

He glances once more around himself, before grinning at the Girl. "You don't think I'm great, then? But no, I don't want to alter this place. I just think it's a little plain. Weather, storms... It could make this place feel less empty."

29. - Top - End - #359
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

"I cannot feel happiness, nor sadness Lord Tharin... only obedience. I was told to accept whatever name or title I am given by one of you Great Ones... and so I obey."

"I would never dream of questioning your greatness, Lord Tharin... after all, who am I to dare to do so? Yet it is you who underestimate the greatness of this place on which you intrude. Perhaps it is plain in your eyes... yet is it not great enough to hold such a gathering of the Great Ones, the likes the likes the world has never seen before?"

30. - Top - End - #360
    Ogre in the Playground

Woods Onari, Kobold Contact
    "That is for us to work out together your highest highness. We want to establish peace between our people and if possible some kind of cultural or information exchange are authorized to offer you Kobolds, possible consorts if that would please you. We can also offer you knowledge of the gods, the world and other races. Our Kobold have spread out across the known world and many will return or have return with various types of knowledge."
    She stiffens noticeably and nearly stands up.

You expect me to mate with your kind?! How dare you! I've never been so insulted!

Immediately, thirty bleary-eyed but somehow still alert warrior women emerge from the surrounding trees with clubs and quarterstaves ready to defend their queen's honor.

Aquatic Onari, Kobold Contact
    "We were aware of your presence in the ocean because we had reported sightings of your kind and stumbled on the remains of a civilization. We came here to search for you because we came everywhere to search for you. Aquatic Kobolds were send throughout the known oceans carrying a message of peace. For each of us that arrived here another dozen Kobolds will die in an attempt to bring a message a peace to isolated areas where there is no one to receive it."
    The first speaks up again.

What remains of civilization? To my knowledge, there are no abandoned Onari villages, nor do we throw away our lives as easily as you seem to do.

Desert Onari, Kobold Contact
    [QUOTE=Zerter;12859979]The Kobolds chatter amongst themselves fearfully during the awkward phase, "We serve N'aktar, the Kobold God."
    Their grim countenances remain unchanged as he replies in an even monotone which conveys no emotion.
    This is blasphemy. Only the Great Mother is served here. All others are heretics who must die.

High Onari, Kobold Contact
    "Uh... sure thing. Bye!" "Maybe we will give her a course in 'how to communicate properly' for her underlings..." is what the Kobold mutters to himself as they depart.
    They leave unmolested. The man who met them waves farewell, smiling all the while. He will wait for their return and gladly welcome them again the next time they visit, though again only admitting them to the presence of his queen should they bring worthy tribute.
    Last edited by Jeriah; 2012-03-08 at 03:57 PM.
    Homebrewer's extended signature

Trophies and Awards
    Spoiler
    Show
    Click an award to see the entry.