New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Total War: 2126 (IC)

The Gaul Republic

To Utopia Project
    "So you would suggest allowing a tyrant to rule over their nation with impunity, while their peoples starved under oppression? You would have us sit back, while the peoples of the American Hegemony are gunned down by their own military? We call you fools for such ideals, and hope for your peoples sake that you choose not the path of tyranny."

To Cobra

"Once already, you have shown yourselves to be unworthy of trust. Show us that you can be trusted, or be branded terrorists. The American Hegemony is in need of freedom fighters, yet you have shown inaction towards the plight of it's peoples. For those who fight for freedom, you have shown such cowardice towards living up to that title."
    Past Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

By Alterform

Spoiler
    Show
    Lore: 7.

Factors: 2.

Wealth: 5

Magic: 4

Espionage: 4

Military: 2.

Faith: 6.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Project Utopia

Public Response to NRE and Gaul Republic
    Exactly right. Just as no one has the right to kill their neighbor for having a shoddy house you don't have the right to invade another nation. We will defend any nation's right to sovereignty as long as the most basic freedom is held up (the ability to leave)

Yes we would have you sit back and see if the people of the American Hegemony can stand up on their own. Or they could just leave. As long as the people have the ability to leave their home nation then no outside intervention is needed.

As for our own nation, we walk the path of perfection. Tyranny, Democracy, both are imperfect systems that are doomed to failure. While we haven't found the perfect solution yet we will one day. We know this, and those who are not contributing to this goal are not welcome in this country.
    Last edited by Forum Explorer; 2012-04-08 at 08:03 PM.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ogre in the Playground

New Roman Empire

NRE Public Response
    "I do not feel that the keeping of a shoddy house is an appropriate metaphor for oppression or genocide. "

"You think they should just leave? People have no right to live in their own birthplace without oppression? And what of the poor underclasses who simply cannot afford to move around freely? I find your reasoning flawed and the results abhorrent. "

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Utopia Project

Public Response to NRE
    Your right about that metaphor. That's a little too extreme of a comparison. Its more like your neighbors having an unkempt lawn or a garishly painted house.

The poor can get around easily enough. They do have legs and boats aren't that expensive. Even now nations are volunteering to evacuate refugees. Also no, we don't believe people have the right to live in their birthplace at all. Why should they? Because they exist?
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

The North American Hegemony

"People of the world, when you look to the Hegemony, what do you see? Yesterday, the spires of the megalopolis would have shone brightly, the bustling homes to millions of our citizens. Today? Today, the megalopolis burns, our ports occupied by Cuban ships, our people bribed into a riotous fervor by Cuban lucre. While the Hegemony respects the rights of its citizens to protest, we decry the violence that Cuba and Britain have encouraged, and decry any claims that we are repressing our people. It is not the Hegemony that has sent active military forces into the Megalopolis. It is not the Hegemony that has manufactured an elaborate excuse to carry out a massive invasion of foreign territory. No, those crimes lie with a rapacious Communist dictatorship masquerading as a utopia and the mad dog nuclear state that is its ally.

People of the world, we implore you to see the truth. The Hegemony is under siege by a pair of foreign powers who seek to prop up dying empires by installing a puppet government where the Board now stands. We understand that our citizens wish to express their deeply held concerns, but this violence and wanton destruction serves only to embolden Cuban and British warmongering. We call on the North American Defensive Pact to aid us in pushing back this foreign incursion, and we call to every nation that still recognizes the rule of law to decry Cuba's pre-emptive occupation of our shores. The Hegemony will not capitulate. The Hegemony will not surrender."

North American Defensive Pact (PSA, Utopia Project)
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems we are once again threatened by Communist aggression and British imperialism. The Hegemony calls on the NADP for aid in repelling this invasion.

Grim
    Spoiler
    Show

We appreciate your aid in protecting our sovereignty.

OOC:
    Also, Cuba has Rep 0 and Britain recently threatened you with nuclear war. Contrary to Murska's opinion, there is no reason for you not to side with us, from an immersion standpoint.

Hypereux League
    Spoiler
    Show

It seems Cuba wishes to establish a puppet state in the Hegemony. We request your aid in repelling the invasion.

CSA
    Spoiler
    Show

While the Hegemony realizes our nations have had their differences, American soil is being threatened by Communists and Imperialists for the first time in centuries. We humbly request your assistance in turning aside this unprovoked and cowardly attack that uses American citizens as pawns.

FRA
    Spoiler
    Show

While we appreciate your nation's love of liberty, we implore you to look closer at the cause of these riots. Should this anarchy overwhelm our government, the Hegemony will be turned into a puppet for British and Cuban interests, no the shining beacon of democracy you desire.

Hypereux League, Technorapture, Tuong Khinh Group, Urania Heavy Industries, Stichelhaar Consulting
    Spoiler
    Show

Gentlemen, it seems we shall have to reschedule the conference until this unpleasantness is dealt with. While we realize many of you may be loath to involve yourselves, please consider the precedent this sets - should the Hegemony fall, every mega-corporation is exposed to the piracy of "moral" nations who wish to impose their own systems of government on our people and pillage our industries as payment.
    Last edited by TheDarkDM; 2012-04-08 at 08:43 PM.

I was old when the pharaohs first mounted
    The jewel-decked throne by the Nile;
    I was old in those epochs uncounted
    When I, and I only, was vile;

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by apocalypsePast2 View Post
    ...one could possibly refer to you guys' elaborate dance of allies-to-enemies-to-suicide-of-the-universe as some sort of weird art form.

If one were on drugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Behold, the mighty slayer of strangely coloured mutant equines! The thwarter of forum woes! The! Dark! DM!

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To the World
    Now, while we dislike corruption as much as anyone else, we have to ask something. Now, while the hedgemony is set up on a business pattern, it should still be capable of holding a referendum. And, Cuba, As the Grim have a embassy there, and you don't wouldn't it make sense if we were the ones who helped them? Because, quite frankly, one of you is a nation with at least as bad a rep and no signs to change, and the other one is a old imperilst nation that's rather gung-ho about nuclear weapons. Also, we wish to ask a question. If you insite roits, destroy morale and then step in to say "We will help the people", who is really at fault? The nation being invaded, or the vultures? We could ask the Hedgemony to change, but rather then have a violent revelution where war comes boiling over, have any of you considered working with them on plans to phase out and change how they run things? Also, to Cobra. As freedom fighters, choose the right side.
    Power restored for christmass. I'm back!

Spoiler
    Show
    dragonflycave.com/newpay.aspx][/url]

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire:

Public response to the Utopia Project.

"I completely disagree with everything you're saying. Your metaphor was not an over exaggeration, it was completely unrelated to the topic. The issue at hand is the American Hegemony's mass negligence towards their populace. and abuse of basic human rights. For some reason you are discussing the mistreatment of private property."

"The solution you are proposing is completely unreasonable. You are severely understating the effort and trauma involved with abandoning one's home. You would force the people of the Hegemony to chose between two bleak and abhorrent options, abandon your old life, or suffer under a tyrannical government."

"Regardless of the choice they make, you are proposing a great deal of completely unnecessary suffering. Taking decisive military action, would eliminate the choice altogether. Any casualties of war will be unfortunate, but with a humanitarian effort like this, they should be kept to a minimum. When the option is available, there is simply no reason to chose the former."

8. - Top - End - #338
    Titan in the Playground

Utopia Project

Response to Lunar Empire
    The metaphor was trying to get across the point of what a minor issue they are invading over and how little right they have to interfere. Of course the people inside the American Hegemony have the right to rebel and seek a new government through violent means. Its every other nation that has no right to interfere in a domestic affair.

As for your claim that a military intervention would save lives is laughable. Besides the massive casualties that fighting a war against a well armed nation like the American Hegemony would take, afterwards the region would be destabilized for years leading to even more deaths as government after government failed to fix the problems that caused the revolution in the first place. Which would lead to even more interventions from outside forces. Til basically the intervening nations have established complete control over the nation they keep invading. All the meanwhile they've established a precedent that it's perfectly acceptable to invade another nation if you don't like how they operate. Thus causing even more wars.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas

Ashiel sat in where he had nearly a year ago. The trees were bare around him, not a single leaf on the ground. Biomass was biomass after all.

He looked around, people were sitting quietly in meditation. Breathing, heart-rate, and metabolism slowed. It was a stopgap and not even a very good one. Regardless, people felt they had to do something.

Arjun was beside him, soon to join the others in the coma like state, appearing like a living Buddha.

"There are so few of us. What are we supposed to do? I do not think we can survive under continued aggression."

"You must find a way. For all of us. You will succeed or fail. If success proves impossible then there is no fault on your part."

The Grim
    Spoiler
    Show
    We accept your offer. A little more information about the project would be appreciated though.

Stichelhaar Consulting[PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to commission you to find and make public those responsible for the attack on us.

If you are open to it, we would be interested in a closer working relationship, with your firm serving as a security force and espionage branch of our government or the UON. What do you think?

Either way, we have an operation which we would appreciate the use of your espionage resources for the resolution of. It would of course require strict guarantees of privacy.

UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Might something even more radical be possible? Could we not reconfigure our four economies for independent survival free of Earth? With the He3 and solar arrays we could support considerable populations. With the asteroid project we could solve any materials problems.

We also suspect UHI oh having betrayed UON, likely out of spite for the hostile takeover attempt.

UHI from UON [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Your presence is humbly requested for a report on the discovery of potential asteroids for mining.

UHI [Public]
    We are making an official statement of apology to UHI for our hostile business practices and attempted takeover attempt. It was a show of naked ambition and greed. Upon consideration of our actions and the harsh response from still unknown aggressors to punish us we renounce all future actions of a similar nature toward your company or any other entity.

We hope you are able to forgive us and not think us insincere for apologizing while our people are starving.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-04-09 at 12:19 AM.
    Many, many thanks to azuyomi244 for the avatar.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hypereux: Station 9

To UON (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lunaran suggestion has much merit. If growing food on the moon goes well, we could expand the same principles discovered there to grow food on our Stations, or on long-range spacecraft. Such a project has benefits far beyond the initial goal of self-sufficiency for Varanus.

I am afraid, however, that Station 9 will never be completely free of Earth. Our main business enterprises are, respectively, the mining and shipping of He3 to the planet and the maintaining of the communications network that keeps those on the ground connected to each other. Complete self-sufficiency for the Hypereux League is, at least at the present moment, impossible. We are a business, and as such we need someone to buy from and sell to.

Before we get too much further into discussions of self-sufficiency, however, I must ask, are we decided on what we are going to do about nonoriginal members? An economic zone was discussed, I believe. We should make the announcement about that soon, to inform parties interested in joining that such an option is available.

To T.E.L.E.P.A.T.H. (ESP-D 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

We did not receive your payment for the secure network. As such, we apologize, but we cannot currently allow you to utilize its services for the coming term.

OOC: To subscribe, you have to actually put in your EoT that you're transferring the funds. Mistral hasn't been allowing mid-turn actions. Sorry about that.

To American Hegemony (ESP-D 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

I am afraid that may prove difficult. While our dealings with the Hegemony have been both efficient and profitable, the Hypereux League cannot be seen to be anything less than neutral in any Earthside wars. Station 9 Security will secure the Orbital Ring project in Quebec, but that is all the assistance we will be able to offer. We realize that these riots--or revolutionaries, as others are calling them--were incited by Cuban and British agents, but the fact that they were able to do so this easily is somewhat disconcerting.

While I may not be able to give you the military assistance you so greatly desire, I may be able to offer you advice, if you will hear it. I realize that the Megalopolis is, perhaps, not the safest of places right now, but we would be happy to send a shuttle down to pick you up for a private discussion. If you wish to hold your now-postponed conference despite the war, we may be able to host that for you as well, as a neutral party.

Posted On The Perimeter of the Quebec Ring Project (ESP-D: 0)
    Spoiler
    Show

This area is defended by Station 9 Security, with permission from the North American Hegemony. While all S9S forces have been ordered to deal nonlethally with rioters, armed parties attempting to breach the construction zone will be met with lethal force.

You have been warned.

Any complaints can be addressed to Director Hawthorne at [email protected].
    Last edited by Zemalac; 2012-04-08 at 10:21 PM.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City
    Spoiler
    Show

LOCKWOOD-COBAN AUGMENTED INDUSTRIES

Total War: Serillia
    Spoiler
    Show

The Crimson

Ran: Broken City
    First IC Thread
    First OOC Thread

11. - Top - End - #341
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

To Varunas
    Spoiler
    Show
    We want to build a Elevator attached to a small hollowed out astroid in near gyoscrous orbit. We are fully aware of how hard it sounds, and thats why we approched you. Also, We'll begin food shipments as soon as possible. We have a wide verity of flaovred algea, and it's enriched. It's on the house. ooc;
    Spoiler
    Show
    I've been reading Red Mar's recently, and it's been giving me some ideas..

To station 9
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to hire a shuttle to make some large food deliverys to the Varunas.

The Area Around Innsmouth
    This site is a neutral zone. Food will be distrubited and shelter offered. Those who seek to violate the peace will be Sonic Ramed.

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to UON
    Spoiler
    Show
    We vote in favor of an economic zone and the creation of a general UON body to air grievances and discussions.

Varunas to World
    Though it pains us deeply to say this, we are willing to forgive whomever has attacked us. Please, we beg you remove the pressures you are exerting on our suppliers to at least allow food and other necessities to be delivered to us.

Your quarrel is with those of us who lead, not our people. With the massive investment of espionage and economic might used we are chastised. We know you have the ability to destroy us, that point has been proven to our satisfaction. With such a spy network we know you have almost certainly read our communications to UHI. We publicly eat our words, you know which ones.

We beg of you not to continue this attack against our people. We here publicly vow to invest in UHI until all damage we caused to them is repaired as a show of good faith.
    Last edited by Exthalion; 2012-04-08 at 10:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

The WANN (Wester African New Networks)

"Concerns over spreading our research capabilities still linger, but with a few countries starting to contriubte their own wealth, most are content to wait and see if enough international support helps lift enough of the projects. Onto you Darwin."

"Thank you Oni. The major story now is the North American Hegemony. Will this lead to a global conflict? Already several nations declared their intention on joining the conflict. Should the Utopia Project live up to its own threat, will the entirety of North America be thrown into disarray? Will other North American sovereign states take this opportunity to expand? Will they defend their neighbors.

"I this point, the question is whether or not there will be war, but how far it will escalate."

"We've just received word that Project Earth's investigation into the North American Hegemony is completed. Investigators are leaving the country now, and the House of Delegates have received their conclusions."

Results of Investigation Into the North American Hegemony
    In total, one other nation, TELEPATH, assited out efforts for a total of ++ espionage. We thank the men and women from both our countries for their hard work and committment (OOC: Pretty good dice rolls). Obviously these were not sufficient resources to conduct a more thorough investigation.

Project Earth and TELEPATH has found nothing to refute the official story (OOC: Mistral, which one was the official story, for or against the Hegemony??). Any abnormalities found were insignificant and could be more than attributed to what was lost when the priate ships were sunk, and with differences of perception and bias. Thank you.

Gaul and Grim Esp Def 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    We will consider your proposal. We would want to know more about the recession to better understand how best to combat it. Also, we would need the approval of Varunas, naturally.

Southern Federation Esp Def 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    After some research into our own programs, we believe that the Global Health Program will be completed with a contriubtion of +++ resources, split between economy and technology.

Vote for a Space Program!
    Project Earth has decided to hold a vote amongst space powers to determine what Project Earth's first space program will be. In this way, Project Earth hopes to gain the support and favor of the nations of space.

The programs to be voted on... (OOC: Pretend there's a video, showing images, with a narrator)
    1) Tycho Restoration Program: The devastation of Tycho City was a major blow to the progress of the modern day. Casualties in the thousands, damage in the billions. The Tycho Restoration program would work with space powers to restore the city, to clean the atomic waste, and assist those families and people affected by the nuclear attack.
    2) Clean Space Program: Space debris has been a major problem to anyone with a presence. Even a small piece can cause severe damage as gravity hurtles in around. The recent catastrophe in Tycho is also predicted to add considerable debris into orbit. This program would work to clear this debris and make travel safe again.
    3) Space Transit Program: Transportation is now possible, but not streamlined in space. This program would be coordination amongst space nations in a joint transit system. The benefits would be shared, allowing communication, tourism, and trade unseen before in space. It would be Project Earth's hope that this transit would be extended to earth as well.
    4) Extension of the Environmental Revitalization Program: The ERP has been met with the most interest of all programs during the successful convention. As such, it has been expanded to include potential Eden capabilities, to create life where there was not before. Athough a lofty goal, this potential could be used to potentially start rudimentary terraforming technology.

Any nation that is only in space has two votes. They may go to the same program, or split between two.
    Any nation with a presence in space (a major station on the map) has on vote each.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Southern Federation

To Project Earth
    Spoiler
    Show
    Unfortunately our efforts to garner support for the Global Health Program have been unsuccessful. Brazil is not interested, and the Andean Union has its own problems. However while we cannot guarantee anything we will try and contribute some of our own resources to the project.

OOC: I'll let you know before the next EoT. It's a bit too early for me to allocate anything now.

Also since we have completed our space station, and apparently have a vote we vote for the space transit program.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Ogre in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

cobra

open message to gaul

do not worry. we are monitoring the situation in america and will act when the time is right

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

Project Earth

Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thank you for your support, whether it is with resources, or simply your approval. Your vote has been added, and is the first. We will wait for a few more votes before we present results to protect the opinion of the different nations.

TELEPATH Esp Def 4
    Spoiler
    Show
    We would like to send someone to your nation. We were thankful that your nation stepped forward and contributed espionage when no other did.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Troll in the Playground

The very normal looking man sat by the river. The cup of coffee in his hands was bitter to his tongue, though he normally took it strong he couldn't help it. The white cathedral on the island was resplendent, reminding him of home.

A woman in a long coat walked by, excused herself as she set her paper down on the man's table and tied her shoe. She continued walking without it. The man took it briefly noticing the headline, Varunas issue public apology to UHI. Inside the fold was a small chip. He picked up up and began walking toward his car.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

A meeting with China [PM]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We read the news... and feel disgust at the sanctimonious cries for human rights and tyranny in North American Hegemony. People are suffering under oppression? And half a dozen nations jumping in to address the situation?

Have they not heard about thousands dead in the Tibetan Empire? There wasn't a single issue of condemnation for the brutality of Dalai Lama. The truth is - West, cares only about West. They've always viewed Asia as source of cheap labor, nothing more. They don't care what happens to us.

We, the Amurian Technocracy care and pledge to you, to use every available resource at our disposal, to end the Tibetan Empire's regime and restore your rightful lands, so your people can live without fear. If we could have full cooperation of your Intelligence Service, this can be accomplished even swifter.''

[Okay, I notice China has ''Hostile'' in its descriptive. I'd say it wouldn't apply to me, since I've been very active in giving them exactly what they want, but I'd dearly would like to work this ''Hostile'' thing into mistrust of all Western nations (Europe & America and Space).]
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

Varunas to World
    Despite being in no position to do anything about it we have a few things to say. We know our words carry very little weight and we accept that. However, lack of concern for the rest of the world is the source of our troubles and so we wish to rectify this.

We compliment and praise China and Mongolia for their wisdom and fairness in their dealings. We hope that their agreement will be the foundation of a long friendship and mutual prosperity for both.

The situation in Tibet distresses us deeply. History has shown countless times that the oppression of a group of people is never justified. We condemn the actions of the Tibetan government and urge them with all the little strength we can muster to stop hostilities against their people at once. We call upon the family of nations to open negotiations at once between the governments of Tibet and China and the Han minority in Tibet in the hopes of finding a peaceful solution. The lives that have been lost cannot be returned but the future is still a debt we owe our children.

We are deeply upset by the situation in the North American Hegemony. That the people have rioted speaks to deep and possibly endemic issues in the current society of the Hegemony. We urge all powers engaging in military operations to expend all effort to prevent civilian casualties. We make no statement for or against the government or any intervening powers as we lack much information on the situation.

We call upon the International Red Cross to immediately begin full operations in Tibet and North America for the security of the people caught up in the violence and encourage public and private donations to them. We also urge all nations to allow Red Cross and other relief organizations to enter unmolested and to carry out their work free from harassment.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy:

''We thank Varunas for their kind words and acknowledgment of the plight of the people in the Tibetan Empire. It appears there are some nations in the world, that remember that Asia exists and we have our share of war, famine and tyranny to endure.

We hope that the strengthening of economic ties between the nations of space and nations of the Asian region would help to relieve the economic difficulties you are facing.
    ''
    I saw humans get on fine without power for millennia. You used to hunt and gather, what happened to that?

21. - Top - End - #351
    Ogre in the Playground

New Roman Empire Morale: 5

Britain, Republic of Benelux, Cisleithania, Republic of Gaul, New Carthage, Soviet Directorate, Balkan League
    Spoiler
    Show
    I firmly believe now is the time to bring down the hammer on Cobra, the Hegemony issue notwithstanding. NRE forces eliminated 2 MIL of Cobra forces. I cannot think they have significant military assets remaining.

The NRE is willing to commit its own military force to see the end of Cobra. All I require from the other nations here, is their espionage assistance in rooting the terrorists out. We will of course commit the Roman intelligence services to the task, but more may be required to ensure we find all of their holes.

To Iberica Libre
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe a meeting of New Rome with your organisation is in order.

To Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    I would like to request a private meeting for New Rome with the heads of your government.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Amurian Technocracy to Soviet Directorate [ESP ++++]
    Spoiler
    Show

''We would like to discuss with you the humanitarian tragedy, that is happening in Tibetan Empire. As you know Turkestan has pledged to defend the brutal actions of their ally. What would your stance be, as you share border with Turkestan.''

PM
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, what my diplomats are heavily implying - would Soviert Directorate be interested in helping against Turkestan and let's say, liberating the oppressed people of Kazakhstan into the loving embrace of Mother Russia in the process. We can arrange support from China and Iran, so the odds would be distinctly in your favor, if you put sufficient resources into it. And the casus belie is as solid as they come - defense of brutally oppressed people of Tibetan Empire.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

UK to Project Earth:
    Spoiler
    Show

Our vote goes for the ERP - if you pursue this, we're willing to contribute ++ Tech per turn for now and possibly raise it to +++ later.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

24. - Top - End - #354

The Commonwealth of Australia

The Grim, New Zealand, Australia, TELEPATH(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    We should claim Mars for our nations when we land, if any nation contests, we will just point out that the British invaded Antarctica over a century old claim with no backlash.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Ogre in the Playground

Andean Union to Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We're willing, and will send an envoy to Buenos Aires."

To Razovor, UON (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Varunas can already grow their own staple foods locally; it's not cost-effective to transport such bulky, low-cost materials en masse from Earth unless they physically do not exist on the Moon. The economic strike went after luxury goods/foods, raw materials like heavy metals that aren't present, and damaged the flow of money that is the lifeblood of any economy, but it hasn't led to starvation yet.

CSA to North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "And we care why? We aren't blind to actions by your bought 'friends' in our nation. Good luck."

FRA to North American Hegemony
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Even if triggered by Cuban and British people, we're well aware that their cause is just. We will deal with the Cubans and British in their own time as well."

Stichelhaar Consulting to Varunas (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately, all of our own intelligence resources are fully contracted through the coming year, so we do not have anything available to aid you. Still, there is a possibility. A small, independent firm recently approached us requesting that we act as an intermediary to provide them with any jobs that we do not have the capacity to deal with ourselves. We cannot vouchsafe their capability as we've not yet seen them in action, but if you are interested, we would be willing to pass along your offer to them."

OOC: Offering 1 ESP for 1 ECO/TEC, to be reconfirmed every turn.

UHI to UON (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "With the aid of the Lunar Empire and Technorapture, we have identified a suitable NEA on a very close orbit to our optimum trajectory and redirected it to an orbit that keeps it near L4. Preliminary mining has begun, and the investing nations have already seen significant benefit to their economies. We are optimistic that continuing development further will lead to still greater dividends, though we'll want to be careful that we don't drive prices down too far."

UHI to Varunas (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Your apologies are accepted. If we are permitted to enter the UON as a full voting member and the last remnants of your attempt at a hostile takeover are returned to us, we will be willing to accept your apology."

To daelrog (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    OOC: Public story released by Cuba was that the Hegemony was involved.

UHI to Project Earth (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We vote for the Clean Space Program and Space Transit Program."

China to Amurian Technocracy (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We agree, but we do not require the interference of the Western powers. Working together, we are sure that we can reclaim Tibet and Xinjiang. We will cooperate with your intelligence assets in Tibet, to this end."

OOC: China will send Amur 3 ESP.

Benelux, Cisleithania to Britain, Republic of Gaul, New Carthage, Soviet Directorate, Balkan League
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Unfortunately, we do not have the necessary resources to aid you. Still, we hope for your success."

Balkan League to Britain, Republic of Benelux, Cisleithania, Republic of Gaul, New Carthage, Soviet Directorate
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We will contribute 1 ESP to this goal."

Iberica Libre to New Roman Empire
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We agree. We'll send someone immediately."

New Zealand to The Grim, Australia, TELEPATH(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "What, all of it?"
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

26. - Top - End - #356
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

The Grim to New Zealand, Australia, TELEPATH(PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    It would be a bad idea to claim a planet enmass. Just consider the knee-jerk reactions of every power on earth, or your own if you had heard a small cabal of nations just claimed a entire planet. I sugest we claim portions of it, yes, but we'd currently have them as research stations. In a year or three, we would be able to begin settling quietly, and by the time that anyone notices, we'll be to entrenched to easily force out. It's worked for us here in Antarctica, should work on mars. And for what we should be doing on the first mission, I sugesst we leave behind some probes that do mineiral sampling. That way, we know where to establish our outposts later.

Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Southern Federation

To the Andean Union
    Spoiler
    Show
    The envoy is welcomed and taken to a smalle secure conference room. Inside is Leonardo Álvarez the head of the Southern Federation's diplomacy branch in South America. He waves the envoy into a chair.

PM
    Spoiler
    Show
    We hope these extra security measures haven't inconvenienced you. Now to get on to business. We believe that the best way to deal with your current problems is to deal with the source. You are addressing the symptons through your economic programs and new development. If you were dealing with true insurgents then this might be enough. With their concerns adressed they would disperse and you would regain your stability. But if a foreign power truely is targeting you then that will not be the case. As you deal with one insurgency their agents will simply find another group which is dissatisfied and prod them into moving. Even if you do somehow manage to satisfy all groups it will likely leave you off balance and weakened for some time which will allow the instigator to strike more directly.

So we propose that a better solution is to strike at the root of the problem. Now obviously whichever hostile power is behind this will have accounted for your own defenses and bypassed them. However we have some free intelligence agents. If you will allow it we will send them to work with your own agents. By combining our abilities we will be able to find and expose whichever country is attempting to subvert your people. What do you say to our proposal?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

Andean Union to Southern Federation (PM)
    Spoiler
    Show
    "We accept your offer with pleasure. We hope that we can end this unrest and bring our nations closer together at the same time."
    Total War: 2126 - GM (IC OOC)

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGirl

The Lunar Empire

The Union of Orbital Nations announces the formation of a new international body, to serve as a forum for discussion and debate, on issues regarding the development of space. The United Space Council, will allow nations to work together, for the mutual advancement of all member nations.

To the United Kingdom
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is good to see another nation reaching out into the expanses of space. You are cordially invited to join the United Space Council. The UON is in the process of a project to collect and harvest asteroids; we would be honored if you could join us.

To the Gaul Republic
    Spoiler
    Show
    From the way you treat Cobra, I can see you are a good man. It would be an honor to have you join the United Space Council; we are in the middle of an economic project I'm sure you would find most profitable.

To the Holy Land of Tamoanchan
    Spoiler
    Show
    I do not believe we have met. Perhaps we can arrange that in the future. For now let me invite you into the United Space Council, so that you may join us in utilizing the spoils of space.

To the Southern Federation
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are cordially invited to join the United Space Council.I understand your nation prefers to keep to itself, but it can't hurt to have a voice in the council, even if you decide not to invest in any of our joint projects.

To Stichellar Consulting
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Union of Orbital nations cordially invites you to join our number. The Union has two key attributes. We will be taking the lead in the United Space Council, retaining veto power in all the Councils Votes. We are also an economic and military alliance, with each member swearing to protect the rest from harm.

To UHI
    Spoiler
    Show
    The issue of your membership in the UON has been discussed. You have been accepted as a full member.

To the Union of Orbital Nations
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well then, we might as well continue with the asteroid project. The heavy metals from that should serve to abate your shortage. Given the shortage, we'll make this project our top priority.
    Last edited by razovor; 2012-04-09 at 01:33 PM.

30. - Top - End - #360

Hypereux: Station 9

To Project Earth (Public)
    Spoiler
    Show

We would like to hold one of our votes in reserve for a moment while we discuss this matter with certain business associates, but put one of our votes towards the Space Transit Program. The Hypereux League, with help from the (unfortunately now besieged) American Hegemony, has already been constructing a partial orbital ring in Quebec; expanding that ring to circle the entire Earth would be a fine project, and could allow for easy access to space and transit from one nation to another via linked space elevators.

To the Lunar Empire (ESP-D: 5)
    Spoiler
    Show

Do you still require assistance in repairing Tycho City? If you do, we would be happy to put our second vote in Project Earth's space initiative towards the Tycho Restoration Program. If not, then there are other projects proposed by PE that Station 9 is keenly interested in.

To Union of Orbital Nations
    Spoiler
    Show

Agreed.

Also, I'd like to once again check in and see if we're continuing with the AI project. Seeing as we reaped some benefits from it last turn, it could be said that we have accomplished our goal.
    Total War
    Spoiler
    Show

Current Games

Past Games:
    Spoiler
    Show

Ran: Boundless Isles
    IC
    OOC

Sixth Nexus: THE VIGIL

Total War: Cape City