New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 45 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

Default Sources and Dragons (IC)

The capitol of Pitra is Mank, a good-sized city surrounding a castle. This is where king Gent requested each of you come today. Any who arrived early were offered room and board. For those staying at the castle a page comes to bring you to the meeting. For any arriving today, a page is summoned to the door to lead you. You are led to a huge meeting room. There are chairs around the edge of the room, but no table. Elegant tapestries adorn the walls and the room is lit by magical orbs floating near the ceiling.
    Epic Sorc ~ "You said I could have this spell."
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Default Re: Sources and Dragons (IC)

Garath was a giant among any as he walked with the page. He was a massive tank of a man, that did not seem to have any care for the town. He was a massive scaled thing, shining in what would look like a fabulous golden armor. Theses scales covered him from head to toe, with cloth leggings and a tough skin armor with horns as added protection. Twin golden wings came from his back, and tey were folded to his sides, keeping them out of the way, and making him a slightly less hindering force. He had a massive scythe thrown across his back, as it hardly moved an inch from even his movements. golden eyes glared at the doors, as the fiend among men walked through the halls. He had wanted to simply get some good food, and a slight briefing, but there was little he could do about it now...

"Here I am, now let's get to business. I don't have the time to be wasting with silly formalities. Gent wants us to help him out, so just tell what in all the hells he needs. I have plenty of better things to do than wait around for him."
    All your base are belong to us!

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

The page bows slightly to Garath and looks into the large meeting hall, "The others will be here shortly." He walks away briskly.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

A Human In white clothing head to toe, walks in, he clothing is tattered in a few areas but he doesn't seem care, He has a longsword in a hilt to his side. His eyes are Blue with a golden hue he has golden brown hair which flows down to his shoulders. He wears not armor and the only visible peice of equiptment he has is his clothing and weapon. He sits in a far corner with his back to the Wall. "Hello, and I honor your invitation, I am Warden Gyugen the third, I am but a wellwisher of the people, I hope this meeting will be for helping people. I have travelled to farest reaches of the world in helping any person in need." (Have me roll a bluff check on the name if you want though I do expect it will pass) "Page, if you could bring me something to drink that would be very delightful I have been travelling with Vvaren for some time and my throat is parched." (again another bluff check if needed)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

(No worries about the bluff.)

The page bows and eyes Garath curiously before leaving.
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Fairly odd-looking, considering he was unrecognized as any known being, Vyn Ssevisk, a serpentine being except for that of limbs and no tail to be seen, he was a fairly dark grey, standing about as tall as the largest human, but with deep-red eyes that pierced the soul of many of the scaly races, though they did not know why but some only assumed it was really his teeth, looking very sharp for an apparently civil being. His walk was fairly graceful but firm, taking his time, interested in the decor. While he silently followed the page that led him to the room with the seemingly apparent monstrosity, his scythe ever-so-loosely jangled from his shoulders, making a light rumple sound as it lightly whapped against his clothes, looking to be prepared for an occasion of travel.

Upon stopping moderately spaced away from the other being in the room, Vyn simply stood and stared off into an unforseen distance, waiting upon insructions.

Avatars courtesy of Qwernt (Nagahydra) and jamroar (Ice Devil).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"Dono is late again. I was sure he would have been here before me... It doesn't really matter. You two, I am Garath De'Flagga, son of the Golden Scale Pcileron. I believe you small ones like to introduce before anything else? I'm tired of waiting for Dono, so I might as well talk with the two of you."

His vioce held no anger, or any real emotion at all. He was merely bored, and these two might interest him until his companian arived. That was all he could expect from them.

Mistakes happen. Though the chance to cure it is always there, people fail to do so. We will miss our friend, who we will always support.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

The robe trailed across the floor as the figure bowed down to the page and allowed himself to be led. He had a rather uneventful trip towards the civilization, but he was still curious as to why he was summoned to such a magnificent city. He was more suited to the open wilderness and being this far into the world of man, unnerved him, but not to any great point. His golden eyes glanced around the halls as he silently followed the page. Pulling back his dark green hood, his equally colored hair remained firm, tied in an ornate design. A simple staff across his back, and two backpacks were all else he had, with the slightly more worn of the two containers, open with several simple, wooden sticks sticking out.

Kaliand'r was eventually led to a meeting room, where he turned from the page and gazed out to the inhabitants. From the sudden silence, and though he had not actually heard anything before, it was almsot as if words had already been exchanged. His eye raising to make sense of what he saw. A human, from what it looked like...but the other two were unknown to him, and he watched them wearily, as he took to one of the seats closest to the door. His eyes passed over the golden behemoth and the disturbing serpentine creature and then back again. Still in cautious silence, he moves his hand towards one of the wooden sticks and draws the foot long length of wood and lets it rest in his lap. His companion waiting patiently outside the walls of the building, Kaliand'r sighed and turned back to the enclosed room.

His eyes passed quickly over the reptilian figure and lingered off the human for a moment more, before resting back on the oddly adorned golden...demon? For lack of a better word, he would have guessed that or a dragon, though he had not seen either, only in lore. It did not seem to exude malevelonce, simply a dissassociated air, which caused Kalisand'r to not assume he was in too great of a danger, at least without some warning. His own golden brown eyes met the creature's own eyes of radiant gold before shifting to the creature's wings and lingering longer. He was still curious as to its nature...but he wagered the figure did not answer questions so readily.
    Last edited by Tajdi; 2006-11-10 at 05:32 PM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath's golden iris stared at that of the smaller... thing. The golden monster spoke once again, with a bit more distaste in his voice. Maybe this one would interest him?

"Does the little one over there have something to say? Or are you too far in your facination?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Still watching nothing in particular as dispassionately as before, Vyn finally spoke: "It seems humans have not evolved since last I truly saw of them. Pity."

With that, he falls silent, with his head downwards in a face of just barely recognizable disappointment replacing his earlier state of being.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r brought his eyes back and looked at the creature. It had spoke, and with it still facing his direction, he assumed it had been addressed to him. The tone of voice was not one he had heard in a while, and was not one of a welcoming memory. He decided how to respond, though before he did, the reptilian figure spoke. Raising his brow again, Kaliand'r gazed at the human sitting on the opposite wall. It had obviously been addressed to the man, though he seemed no worse for the insult, if that was what it was. Kaliand'r ignored the figure and turned back to the golden creature again.

His voice was light in pitch, though deep in breath.

"It is not fascination, by which I examine your form, simply curiosity. I have come across nothing that resembles your ilk, though I would guess at a heritage of lore."

The creature raised his brow again and turned his head from the golden beast.
    Last edited by Tajdi; 2006-11-10 at 11:48 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

He begins in a mellow tone and speaks with his eyes closed: "I certainly hope you mean the one with the red eyes over there, otherwise I'd hope you'd explain yourself, you shouldn't belittle a race in its own court, I am not from here but you have insulted not only I but thousands of people who reside here. Humans have equal enough potential for good and for evil, insults only spur from the tongues of demons, show respect and acquit or hallow. I am here to help people, not listen to rife."
    He slumps in his chair and calms down.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Barbarian in the Playground

Another page enters the room, with yet another strange creature trailing behind him. In some ways, this one is even more strange then Garath. At first glance it resembles a bipedal praying mantis. Its body is roughly humanoid in shape, except that it has four arms instead of the usual two, colored a dull tan and most of it is covered in chitin. Oddly, the chitinous plating forms a scale pattern in most places. The creature's head is obviously insectoid, with two bulging compound eyes, mandibles and a pair of antennae. However, a large horn formed from chitin juts up between its antennae and the inner edges of its mandibles are lined with teeth. The creature also has wings. Unlike Garath's huge majestic ones, the creature's are stunted, deformed and obviously incapable of lifting it off the ground. They rustle and flex slightly as the mutant insect looks around the room.

The creature is wearing almost nothing in the way of clothing, just a wide leather belt with ironwood studs, a pair of black leather gloves that leave its clawed fingers bare, leather shin guards and a torso harness formed from leather strips. However, what the creature lacks in clothing, it more then makes up for in weaponry. A strange polearm with a large blade at each end is slung across its back and a bastard sword is sheathed on either side of its waist. A small pearl hangs around its neck on a leather thong and a small pack hangs from the back of its harness.

The creature's gaze sweeps the room and stops when it reaches Garath. The creature starts and tiny electric arcs flicker across its body. It says, in an oddly buzzing voice, "You...you are like me, part dragon....but you are not Thri-Kreen."
    Last edited by Knight13; 2006-11-10 at 11:51 PM.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

"Time to throw the dice." - Mat Cauthon, Wheel of Time

"Nothing good can ever come from staying with normal people."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

The air behind the large dragon-looking brute of a beast bends and distorts, as if heat from below is causing it to ripple. Soon, it buckles in on itself and a figure walks through, the rippling air seeming to melt off his form and leaving dropplets trailing behind him of evaporating astral matter. The figure is dressed in simple clothing more fitting that of a monk; a trim silk shirt that hugs his lithe and well-muscled form just loosely enough to not be considered flaunting, a sash adorns his waist, wrapped around the top of a set of billowing silk breeches. Draping from the sash, as well as an overshirt to his silken blouse, are a set of plain battlerobes that are adorned with a simple yet elegant symbol of Athena. His feet are covered in supple but sturdy leather boots, looking to be designed more for comfort than durability.

The man himself looks to be of very plain appearance. His short-cut brown hair looks more militaristic than anything else, with a set of sunglasses perched upon his nose. His bone structure is deceivingly delicate-looking, with a strong jawline and thin lips. His nose and eyes appear to be perfectly proportioned to his face, and his eyes glimmer with knowledge of times past.

Clicking his tongue at his friend as the words are exchanged, he somewhat laughs at the situation. "I thought we had a conversation about this kind of stuff, Garath." Looking at the others from behind the sunlenses, memorizing their features, he nods to each in turn. "A greetings and pleasure to make your acquaintances. I am Dano. I trust that we are not going to be kept very long?"

"By the gods, why do we have to have bickering everywhere we go? It comes from his father's side, I'm sure."
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    ooc: It's Dano, not Dono.
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thanks for making connections between friends come to life.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Still somewhat dissappointed in his expectations, Vyn replies to the human:

"While it is typical to jump to the conclusion that what I had said was an insult, I can most readily assure you that it was certainly not an attempt do so. I come from a far different type of life, despite it having taken place in this world in a time long since past, farther back in time than the span of several generations of the eldest elves. Your kind, while still readily to be an apparent collection resilient defenders of justice, barbaric scavengers, and almost everything inbetween as was relatively the same during the earlier part of my life, have not any significant changes worth noting occur in your race's history since my afore-mentioned time besides having spawned a massive amount of predecessors."

With that, Vyn turns his attention on the insectoid that has entered the room, filling Vyn with mild curiousity as to what a Thri-Keen is in its entirety, while still open to anything the human may say in retaliation to what Vyn personally believes is the absolute truth.
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2006-11-11 at 12:49 AM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Seeing Dano, Garath could not help a smile. He was such an odd little man, with his little tricks all about him. It was highly amusing the the tank of a man. In fact, from where he stood, he could stike out at almost anyone in the room with ease. It was a typical thought to cross the mind of a battle torn man like himself.

"I have lived life for far longer than most in this room, and as such, I have seen things that you could not simply comprehend. The human in general is a highly mistaken one, for a demon can vary as much as a human, though they would seem to be generally malevolent to the young race. Just as a dragon's horde is not always the riches you think it was. Next, I have to say, do not compare me to you simply because my blood is draconic. My heritage is none of your concern, and if it becomes an issue, I will not hesitate to inform you of it. Also, unlike any of you, I offered my name, and a piece of my origins. You responded with silience. Do humans not find that disrespectful? I am still new on your little traditions."

Garath's look at Dano showed all that he cared about. It was a look the sceamed, "I tried to be kind..." The massive man clearly didn't think much of these people already. And the mostrous being was getting bored again.

17. - Top - End - #17

"I am Drak'tek, from the forest to the east. However, my homeland is among the deserts far to the south."
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, Task Mage

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved with a suitable application of high explosives.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah, yes. I have also not been accustomed to the slight triviality of introductions. If that is what is necessary for the time being, then I am called Vyn Ssevisk. I have slumbered for what I can determine to be far too long, approximately a thousand years, as even the gods I had grown so familiar with are gone, replaced by dieties I do not believe I could find any common ground with. And from what I can determine of pure assumption, though I am reluctant to do so as assumptions nearly always lead to disaster, I feel I can place much envy in the gold one as more than likely he has lived far longer than even myself but without the encumbrance of having to adjust to the unknown only after waking up after such a pause from living normally, instead only continuing existance as most beings do. As for my personal heritage, I can only reveal that my people were, and perhaps still are, providing they are not completely lost to me, admittedly quite a race with a fair bit of omnipotency and that our empire was of an elite class until events I do not know the details of due to what I would call a "hibernation period", eventually led to the crumbling of my people's culture, as all empires must eventually go through."

After a few moments, he briefly continues with:

"I hope this was sufficient information and that I did not ramble, although I would not doubt such a thing as I am fully aware that I am not very socialable with others beyond my own kin."
    Last edited by MechaKingGhidra; 2006-11-11 at 12:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

An eyebrow quirks up, and looks at the assembled group. It was a look Garath recognized many times over. It was one of curiosity combined with amusement. So many egoes, so much power. He was certainly going to have a lot of cleaning up to do. Sighing, he looked back at his friend. "How many houses have I rebuilt since I met you?" It was a question out of the blue, but one that was always asked of Garath to help him remember what carelessness got them. It was spoken with barely a whisper, just loud enough for him and possibly a few others to hear.

"I am Dano, devout warrior of Athena. Garath here and I have been working together for what... six hundred thirty-two years now?" The statement itself was spoken with a passive tone, no lies implied. But how a mere human could live over six hundred years? "Do not let his appearance fool you. He is a loyal friend, and a very capable warrior. But do not stray from his good graces, or the business end of that stick he wears on his back may be introduced to you. Not a pleasant experience, from what I've observed."
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Kaliand'r was at a loss of what to reply. He still was uneasy, and now with the multitude of foreign creatures in the room, he felt slightly out of place. He raised his brow from his seat, and simply replied.

"I am Kaliand'r, a simple wanderer. I am nothing special, as it seems all of you are...I have no special story, nor long life...I'm just me..." His voice trails off and he remains silent again. Though he would not say it out loud, he disapproved of such boasting. Be it the last threatening words of the warrior, Dano or the futility of comparing life spans. What does it matter...in the end, everyone dies. And pride is a sin. Kaliand'r sighed again.

It seems humility does not span past other races...
    Last edited by Tajdi; 2006-11-11 at 01:47 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath was not one to joke, with the only exception being his conversations with Dano. The two of them had an incredible relationship since their time together, allowing the fiendish beast to relax.

"I think it was at least 800 within the last century, Dano. Of course, war efforts through the time we spent together have raised that number significantly. It would seem that your small brethern live too short of a life to learn the value of learning from mistakes. It is always the same problems, time and again. Just make sure your time is well spent before you pass on as well. As for the Zenkai, I only use it on foes that are worth it. A mass of humans swarming, or a titan daring to strike at me. Otherwise, it really does not take much does it?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

"You seem quite confident...Garath? But too much confidence can lead to dark tidings. I assume this 'Zenkai' is your weapon behind you? Though you may think it would take a large enemy for it to be used, it does not seem, such a...variety of men would be gathered together if this was for something ordinary." His voice raised slightly, but more out of concern that whatever reason they had been gathered, may not be taken seriously. The green elf creature remained sitting.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

Garath looked at the elfish creature and let out a booming laugh. A clawed hand hit the ground as the mighty man contained himself. He looked at the small green man and spoke with a little less boredom in his mighty voice.

"My now! We have ourselves a keeper, Dano! He is like you, an intelectual! Rahaha! Well, you have some set on you little man, most people wouldn't dare to call Zenkai a mere weapon, or even to call my ways wrong. When I use the word titan, I mean anyone that can give me a good fight. let's hope it never comes to that between us. Another, note. If I don't enjoy a battle which I use my Zenkai in, I won't allow the bastard to be resurected by the Divine. Nah! I'm just trying to ratrtle you up, little guy. You got a spine, which is more than I can say for most men these days! When we get a chance, you can buy me a great big drink!"

24. - Top - End - #24
    Pixie in the Playground

His brow raised, though he did smile. The golden creature laughed, and didn't sound too much different than a human fighter he had once met. "Little? Hmm, well perhaps if we are to pass a tavern I would share with some drink. Though, I would think water is healthier and far more refreshing." Kaliand'r let out a small chuckle and shifted his position as he glanced to the others as well. It seemed the room was still far too silent, and he hoped that whatever they had been summoned here to accomplish did not warrant such grave mannerisms.

25. - Top - End - #25

Drak'tek seems distinctly uneasy, his deformed wings shift constantly and his head swivels, scanning the room. A tiny bolt of lightning flickers between his antennae.

"Where is the human known as Gent? I do not like it here."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Tam

The sound of clopping hooves announces the approach of Tam. Mounted upon a phantasmal steed, he draws near the castle. A plain, but well made, cloak covers his body, revealing only his face. It is the pale, ephemeral face of a changeling, though his eyes shine with a muted light. "Tam Lin I am, called here by the king." he announces to the guards. "Were will he receive me?"
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

A young man is summoned to the gate and Tam is led into the room with the others.

(See descriptions above. I'm still waiting for Cows Go Rawr to post.)
    DM ~ "I regret nothing!"

28. - Top - End - #28
    Troll in the Playground

Tam

Tam eyes the others, intrigued by their strange appearances, though he is truly no less bizarre. "I am Tam Lin, high sorcerer and changeling. I have been called here by the king on some errand of service, and I assume the same of you. And, then, who might you be?"
    I no longer actively read the forums, and probably won't respond to any PMs. I'm fine with people using my homebrew in anything, including fan-compilations and wikis, as long as you credit me.

Homebrew by The Demented One.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Devil

"A am Garath De'Flagga, son of the Golden Scale Pcileron. A changeling, eh? Never seen one myself, but I hear they are interesting folk, unlike this band over here. They are all too dull for my tastes, no flair to them. But, perhaps they are merely nervous about the mission?"

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

Dano

"Perhaps the reason you've never seen a changling is because you've never seen their true form. In your how many mellinia of life, you honestly think you've never run across even one? Come now, you are smarter than that." He smirks as he walks over to the changling. "There are many variety of individuals here, some of whom are more ..... " he lets the word trail off a moment as he thinks for the proper word, "unique.

"That is my friend, Garath as you already know. The thri-kreen-looking fellow is Drak'tek from the east. The man on the bench is ... I wasn't here for that introduction. The Green one is Kaliand'r. The rest I was not here for. I am Dano, as most mortals call me."
    Last edited by Wraithkin; 2006-11-12 at 09:39 PM.