New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #541
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: [FWM] Backstage: CUT!

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Lone Star shook his head vigorously. Uh, no. Bad idea. VERY bad idea. Horrible idea. I cannot express enough how bad of an idea it is to walk into Homeplace, let alone stay there for longer than it takes to fly over. Unless you're into going crazy I-
    Esmeralda pouted. "Aw, you're no fun."

Lone Star glanced. Oh. Icy. And Fox. And his dad, looks like. He then turned his head away. Want me to break his neck?
    "I quite like to continue living in this town, thank you very much," Esmeralda replied dryly. "Though something like his legs might be an acceptable substitute..."

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Astrid took her seat, her gossamer wings folded nicely against her sides as Balboa sat down next to his assistant. Fox took his spot next to Icy and found himself right across from his father once again. There was silence for a few seconds until Balboa took the initiative to break it.

"You know, tis not too bad a place for such a small town,"
    He smiled as he took a nice look around his eyes briefly falling none other than Lone Star and Es, his brows quirked and then he continued to glance around before returning to settling on his company before him.

To their waiter he gave 'em a wink. "Bottle of your finest scotch my good sir."
    The waiter bowed and soon scooted away to get the bottle. In the meantime, a waitress hovered nearby in case anypony else needed anything.

"Any whom, tell me a bit about yourself Miss Icy, how long have you been living in Bridle Shores?"
    He asked the icy blue mare.
    Icy tilted her head, and hummed. "I'll say, three years. Give or take a few months. Wasn't exactly planning on an extended stay, initially. But here I am."
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-08-12 at 01:14 PM.

2. - Top - End - #542
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post

The waiter bowed and soon scooted away to get the bottle. In the meantime, a waitress hovered nearby in case anypony else needed anything.
    Balboa flashed the waitress a playful smile and little wink when initial eye contact was made. Fox took sight of this and rolled his eyes so hard and groaned a little.

Icy tilted her head, and hummed. "I'll say, three years. Give or take a few months. Wasn't exactly planning on an extended stay, initially. But here I am."

"Well the small town life does have its own charms, though it would seem this little town sure has met an iota of trouble in the past couple months, invading private armies of evil, invading armies of nobles, ponies mysteriously vanishing, more invading invaders blowing things up, tsk tsk, I feel like I am missing ponies, but alas. Actually it is starting to seem dangerous to live here........Good thing I didn't build a summer home here eh Astrid?"
    He gently ribbed her and laughed.

"Yes sir absolutely," She flatly said.

"Hehehe, any whom, well at least it is exciting I suppose heh."
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-08-13 at 04:41 AM.

3. - Top - End - #543
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda pouted. "Aw, you're no fun."
    Lone Star cocked an eyebrow. Fine, I'm boring. But I also would like you to live longer than a month or two, thanks.

"I quite like to continue living in this town, thank you very much," Esmeralda replied dryly. "Though something like his legs might be an acceptable substitute..."
    Now who's no fun? He teased as he stuck his tongue out at her.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #544
    Ettin in the Playground

Balboa flashed the waitress a playful smile and little wink when initial eye contact was made. Fox took sight of this and rolled his eyes so hard and groaned a little.
    The waitress flushed a little. She wasn't really sure how to react.

"Well the small town life does have its own charms, though it would seem this little town sure has met an iota of trouble in the past couple months, invading private armies of evil, invading armies of nobles, ponies mysteriously vanishing, more invading invaders blowing things up, tsk tsk, I feel like I am missing ponies, but alas. Actually it is starting to seem dangerous to live here........Good thing I didn't build a summer home here eh Astrid?"
    He gently ribbed her and laughed.

"Yes sir absolutely," She flatly said.

"Hehehe, any whom, well at least it is exciting I suppose heh."
    "Exciting is quite the understatement, Mr Balboa," Icy replied dryly. "I'm just grateful that relative peace has prevailed for last few weeks, at least. It is draining to keep up with the litany of disaster the town seems to face."

Lone Star cocked an eyebrow. Fine, I'm boring. But I also would like you to live longer than a month or two, thanks.
    "Well, it can't be that bad, can it?" Esmeralda said with a pout. "After all, if you already lived through that, I'm sure I can keep myself alive for the duration of our stay."

Now who's no fun? He teased as he stuck his tongue out at her.
    "I'm a mare. I'm allowed to be hypocritical!" Esmeralda stated, grinning.

5. - Top - End - #545
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, it can't be that bad, can it?" Esmeralda said with a pout. "After all, if you already lived through that, I'm sure I can keep myself alive for the duration of our stay."
    I've also lived through being struck by lightning. He pointed out

"I'm a mare. I'm allowed to be hypocritical!" Esmeralda stated, grinning.
    I'd spank you if we were on the same side of the table. Lone Star chuckled.

He then switched sides of the table so he was sitting right next to her. Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier...

Extended Sig

6. - Top - End - #546
    Troll in the Playground

The waitress flushed a little. She wasn't really sure how to react.

"Exciting is quite the understatement, Mr Balboa," Icy replied dryly. "I'm just grateful that relative peace has prevailed for last few weeks, at least. It is draining to keep up with the litany of disaster the town seems to face."

"I am glad myself, frankly, it grinds my gears when villains would dare to accost my dearest Equestria from within. We have enough of that going on outside of her borders that it...."
    He took a moment to calm himself, closed his eyes and slowly breathed out. "Oh goodness....I really need not to rile myself up at the moment, tis to be a happy day after all given the holiday."

7. - Top - End - #547
    Ettin in the Playground

I've also lived through being struck by lightning. He pointed out

I'd spank you if we were on the same side of the table. Lone Star chuckled.

He then switched sides of the table so he was sitting right next to her. Can't believe I didn't think of this earlier...
    Esmeralda gave the derpy stallion a quick peck on the cheek. "What, you're really going to spank me in public?"

"I am glad myself, frankly, it grinds my gears when villains would dare to accost my dearest Equestria from within. We have enough of that going on outside of her borders that it...."
    He took a moment to calm himself, closed his eyes and slowly breathed out. "Oh goodness....I really need not to rile myself up at the moment, tis to be a happy day after all given the holiday."
    Icy simply nodded. "Quite. Let's not get into such grave matters." Thankfully, the waiter soon returned with said bottle of scotch, and quickly and efficiently poured out a glass for the each of them.

"Your orders, sir?" he said with a bow, while the other waitress whipped out a notebook.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-08-14 at 04:28 PM.

8. - Top - End - #548
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda gave the derpy stallion a quick peck on the cheek. "What, you're really going to spank me in public?"
    Maaaaybe~ He teased, petting her mane.

Extended Sig

9. - Top - End - #549
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Indeed. In truth, the common perception of the Orders does not endear us to the common folk as much as it used to. Many of your initial assumptions, for example, are in the majority. Celestia's Orders 'hogging the spotlight' for the majority of her fall didn't help matters. There are more squires than paladins, this is true, but knighthood is a risky proposition. It implies a complete two-way trust, not just between knight and Order, but between the Knight and their Code. I refuse to cast aspersions on those who choose not to devote themselves so wholeheartedly to this one pursuit, even as varied as it could be; in point of fact, aversion to the concept is quite natural."
    Night Jewel chuckled. "Then you could definitely use me. I'd be a good example of how a paladin doesn't have to be a total bore or overbearing jerk."

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360
    "Ah. My apologies. I misunderstood your question. Contact is fairly straightforward, actually. And, more poignantly, it is not uncommon to see paladins or prospective squires on a sort of pilgrimage between their Order of choice and others, usually for your exact reasoning. I know of at least two spending time in Canterlot presently, at least when last I checked."
    "Oh! That's good. Maybe someday soon, we can go there and meet them?"

Silver responds with a smile and another hug, and Dawnstrider's eyes become immediately and noticeably wetter. He attempts to speak, but the words don't quite make it out until he tries again. "I...am honored by your consideration."
    "What can I say? You've earned it." She gave Silver a gentle nuzzle.

"Ugh, is now a bad time to ask for a net?" Stellar calls back, head turned. She yelps and staggers to one side, narrowly missing another skater, and in attempting to regain balance her limbs flail wildly, somehow managing to keep her aloft, but putting on more speed than she expected. Soon enough, she's off the ice and face-first into a pile of snow, rear hooves sticking out in, well, a cartoonish fashion.

Starbeam is silent for a moment, her features deliberately void of expression, though she appears ready to charge into action if need be. This line of thought quickly renders itself moot, though, and Stellar hoists herself up, one skate somehow managing to have misplaced itself entrance-first atop her head like a hat. Her shoulders are covered in snow and she looks partly bemused and partly sheepish. "Uhhh. I mean, it's no circus-grade trampoline, but I guess snow works."

Starbeam glances at Blades and her mouth twitches, waiting on a nonverbal cue to burst out laughing.
    Blades laughed some more. "Softer than fallin' on the ice, at least. Ya might want to work on turnin' a bit more."

"She probably thinks the weaknesses of my personality are - repeat that? - 'abhorrent'. She's so used to being strong and being around strength that deference is just strange. Also I, um, made off with her father figure's soul and basically killed him, so that didn't help."
    Flare nodded. "Yes, I suppose that would be an awkward situation. I take it the latter was not intentional on your part?"

She got a thoughtful look. "I would recommend you helping show her the value of kindness, but the grudge will make that harder. One possibility is to influence her through the mistress, of whom she seems fond. Or you could get the help of that other small one, who seems on good terms with Stellar, but Stellar hates that other friend of hers...

"...We have quite a complicated web of relations here."
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

10. - Top - End - #550
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Oh! That's good. Maybe someday soon, we can go there and meet them?"
    "I am leery of leaving Bridle Shores so soon after an incursion..."

"Arguably, now would be the best time to leave; while both sides lick their wounds. I've been meaning to see the old city again for a while now, at any rate, and we can see about spreading word of the conflict while we visit."

"Mmn. Even so, it isn't a short journey. You can't carry all three of us."

Blades laughed some more. "Softer than fallin' on the ice, at least. Ya might want to work on turnin' a bit more."
    Stellar spits out some snow while Starbeam devolves into a fit of giggling. "Does 'skidding' count? When you think about it, it's just using momentum with style."

Flare nodded. "Yes, I suppose that would be an awkward situation. I take it the latter was not intentional on your part?"
    "He and I have agreed that it was entirely his fault, and I can tell you it was without my consent. Would I have given it, if I knew then what I know now?" Horne's sudden interest in this line of though is apparently so great that Arvadraa's ears suddenly perk up to full mast. "I don't know, and it's pointless to think about."

"...No, Horne, I don't take perverse pleasure in stifling your...scientific theories and interests. Just regular pleasure."

She got a thoughtful look. "I would recommend you helping show her the value of kindness, but the grudge will make that harder. One possibility is to influence her through the mistress, of whom she seems fond. Or you could get the help of that other small one, who seems on good terms with Stellar, but Stellar hates that other friend of hers...

"...We have quite a complicated web of relations here."
    "At this rate, I should just give everypony a class on nonviolence. I think Night Jewel has enough sense to not bring up the subject of that bastard Zaros - Horne, that's not nice - so if I put her and Stellar in a room together I don't think it'll come to blows. I might have to keep Him distracted elsewhere though. He sticks to her like flies to tree sap."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

11. - Top - End - #551
    Troll in the Playground

Icy simply nodded. "Quite. Let's not get into such grave matters." Thankfully, the waiter soon returned with said bottle of scotch, and quickly and efficiently poured out a glass for the each of them.

"Your orders, sir?" he said with a bow, while the other waitress whipped out a notebook.

"You know, I think I would like to start off with some bruschetta,"
    He glanced at the others. "How about it dears? A little antipasta before the meal?"
    Last edited by Benson; 2014-08-17 at 01:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #552
    Ettin in the Playground

Maaaaybe~ He teased, petting her mane.
    "Oh, you." Esmeralda pulled Lone Star close and into a saucy kiss which elicited more stares from the neighbouring tables. Even a gasp from a dignified couple seated right next to them.

"You know, I think I would like to start off with some bruschetta,"
    He glanced at the others. "How about it dears? A little antipasta before the meal?"
    "I have no objections," Icy replied with a smile. Then the gasp drew the ice mage's attention towards it... and the lovey-dovey couple in the table across. Her smile quickly turned into a frown. "... well, of all the ponies to run into."

13. - Top - End - #553
    Firbolg in the Playground

Blueshield, rather than irritated, seemed intrigued.

"So to prevent her activities, I need to eliminate her motivation. That has logic to it; no action is taken without a purpose. If her reasons for illicit behaviours are removed, she will not persist in such behaviours, and if she has strong incentives to remain in your country, she will not return to mine. Perhaps I should investigate her psychology further to determine what elements might motivate her beyond force of arms."
    ((I sword I replied to this))

"A light touch, of course,"
    Staccata replies. "Otherwise you push the other party too far and things get... less predictable"
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

14. - Top - End - #554
    Troll in the Playground

"I have no objections," Icy replied with a smile. Then the gasp drew the ice mage's attention towards it... and the lovey-dovey couple in the table across. Her smile quickly turned into a frown. "... well, of all the ponies to run into."

"Huh?.."
    Fox noised as he himself, sitting next to Icy turned his gaze to where she was looking. His face contorted into looking like someone just passed some nasty gas. "Oh bloody goody."

Balboa turned his head as well curious about the hubbub. "Oh, I feel like I am seeing double hahah." He heartily smiled and chuckled. "Goodness." Naturally of course he did know the truth about Es and Icy, however he was not going to admit to that, it would lead to questions he did not want to answer. "I did not know you had a twin Miss Icy."

"There's a lot of things you don't know Balboa,"
    Fox grumpily said. Balboa just stared at him, smiling, unblinking.

"Of course you're right son."
    Anyways!

15. - Top - End - #555
    Ettin in the Playground

"Huh?.."
    Fox noised as he himself, sitting next to Icy turned his gaze to where she was looking. His face contorted into looking like someone just passed some nasty gas. "Oh bloody goody."

Balboa turned his head as well curious about the hubbub. "Oh, I feel like I am seeing double hahah." He heartily smiled and chuckled. "Goodness." Naturally of course he did know the truth about Es and Icy, however he was not going to admit to that, it would lead to questions he did not want to answer. "I did not know you had a twin Miss Icy."

"There's a lot of things you don't know Balboa,"
    Fox grumpily said. Balboa just stared at him, smiling, unblinking.

"Of course you're right son."
    Anyways!
    "Let's just say it's a long story and leave it to another day," Icy sighed, as she turns away from the rather salacious scene. "Shall we just ignore them and continue with our dinner, please?" The ice mage was looking quite uncomfortable with the continued attention.

In the meantime, Es felt a tap on her shoulders. It was one of the waiters, a unicorn this time. He coughed. "Ma'am, you're disturbing the guests. Please, might I remind you to restrain yourself?"

"Ugh, prudes." Esmeralda reluctantly disengaged from Lone Star (not before sneaking in a final kiss), and returned to her food. "... where were we?"

16. - Top - End - #556
    Titan in the Playground

"Let's just say it's a long story and leave it to another day," Icy sighed, as she turns away from the rather salacious scene. "Shall we just ignore them and continue with our dinner, please?" The ice mage was looking quite uncomfortable with the continued attention.

In the meantime, Es felt a tap on her shoulders. It was one of the waiters, a unicorn this time. He coughed. "Ma'am, you're disturbing the guests. Please, might I remind you to restrain yourself?"

"Ugh, prudes." Esmeralda reluctantly disengaged from Lone Star (not before sneaking in a final kiss), and returned to her food. "... where were we?"
    Lone Star remained in a fugue for a moment before shaking himself. Uh, you were talking about... I'll be honest, I've completely forgotten. Something about lightning?

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #557
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course my dear,"
    Balboa replied with a small smile and nod his head. Fox frowned a bit and nuzzled to comfort Icy.

"Just don't think about it babe..."
    Fox whispered as he nuzzled once more before helping himself to a sip of drink, he felt he was going to need a lot of it to get through this dinner with his dad.

18. - Top - End - #558
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I am leery of leaving Bridle Shores so soon after an incursion..."

"Arguably, now would be the best time to leave; while both sides lick their wounds. I've been meaning to see the old city again for a while now, at any rate, and we can see about spreading word of the conflict while we visit."

"Mmn. Even so, it isn't a short journey. You can't carry all three of us."
    "The town should be fine. It's managed since before we came, so clearly we're not the only competent ponies around." Night Jewel chuckled. "Besides, it'll be good to get on the road again. I've travelled so much that staying in one place for too long feels odd."

Stellar spits out some snow while Starbeam devolves into a fit of giggling. "Does 'skidding' count? When you think about it, it's just using momentum with style."
    "Whatever works. Just so long as ya're mostly under control. Can't go flyin' off into a tree or anything, can ya?"

"He and I have agreed that it was entirely his fault, and I can tell you it was without my consent. Would I have given it, if I knew then what I know now?" Horne's sudden interest in this line of though is apparently so great that Arvadraa's ears suddenly perk up to full mast. "I don't know, and it's pointless to think about."

"...No, Horne, I don't take perverse pleasure in stifling your...scientific theories and interests. Just regular pleasure."
    "The past is the past. There is no way you could change it, and it most likely would not be worth it if you could. What you can do is prepare for the future."

"At this rate, I should just give everypony a class on nonviolence. I think Night Jewel has enough sense to not bring up the subject of that bastard Zaros - Horne, that's not nice - so if I put her and Stellar in a room together I don't think it'll come to blows. I might have to keep Him distracted elsewhere though. He sticks to her like flies to tree sap."
    Flare gave a faint laugh. "It may not be that hard. Most of the times I have seen her, she has been alone. She is at least somewhat independent of him. And the two do seem to share some non-violent interests.

"It does perplex me, though: If she interacts so well with you and Stellar, why does she seem so fond of him when you both have an... anim... strong dislike towards him?"

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    ((I sword I replied to this))

"A light touch, of course,"
    Staccata replies. "Otherwise you push the other party too far and things get... less predictable"
    "So you suggest I act to promote positive behaviours more than to punish negative ones. With more minor offenders, that is good advice." Blueshield flicked an ear. "However, I certainly cannot just forgive severe and consistent violators, for I have no desire to imply that such flouting of legal and moral standards is acceptable. At the very least, if she is to return, she must make amends for the harm she has done."

19. - Top - End - #559
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star remained in a fugue for a moment before shaking himself. Uh, you were talking about... I'll be honest, I've completely forgotten. Something about lightning?
    Esmeralda hummed, looking thoughtful as she took another bite of her meal. Then her face lit up. "Oh yes, didn't we talk about going to your hometown? How about it? We can easily set off tonight."

"Of course my dear,"
    Balboa replied with a small smile and nod his head. Fox frowned a bit and nuzzled to comfort Icy.

"Just don't think about it babe..."
    Fox whispered as he nuzzled once more before helping himself to a sip of drink, he felt he was going to need a lot of it to get through this dinner with his dad.
    "Of course, Fox." The ice mage leaned to kiss his cheek softly as he pulled away, then sighed and sipped her drink in silence, unsure on how to continue this conversation.

20. - Top - End - #560
    Titan in the Playground

Esmeralda hummed, looking thoughtful as she took another bite of her meal. Then her face lit up. "Oh yes, didn't we talk about going to your hometown? How about it? We can easily set off tonight."
    Lone Star slurped his soda for a few moments in a very loud, annoying fashion. Then he stopped, smacked his lips, and glared. No. You'd die.

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #561
    Ettin in the Playground

Lone Star slurped his soda for a few moments in a very loud, annoying fashion. Then he stopped, smacked his lips, and glared. No. You'd die.
    "There's really no persuading you, isn't it?" Esmeralda pouted again. Funny thing, the more Lone Star said no, the more curious she got.

22. - Top - End - #562
    Titan in the Playground

"There's really no persuading you, isn't it?" Esmeralda pouted again. Funny thing, the more Lone Star said no, the more curious she got.
    You mean 'is there'.

No. He said aloud, turning to place a hoof on her flank. But I'll be sure to make it up to you later~

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #563
    Titan in the Playground

"Heya!" He would soon hear Prompter call out to him as she trotted over to him with a beaming smile. "Play is about to start...get them patro---" Her smile disappeared as she took note of his puffy eyes. "Are you alright? Do you have allergies or something? I think we have some medicine for that in the First Aid kit maybe."
    "Hey, now," Sunshine mock-chides, offering a soft smile. "A very wise mare once told me that parties of any kind are made to make a pony feel better. If it helped at all, I'd go so far as to say the 'pity-party' wasn't entirely a bad thing. And while this last bit is a little late, if you or the stage crew need anything, I'm more than happy to lend a hoof."
    Sandy didn't get a chance to respond to Taylor before Prompter appeared again. Hurriedly, the little engineer wiped his eyes and face clean. "N-no, no, no allergies. That's fine, I'm fine. Y'don't need t'do nothin'. I was just...er, I-I got somethin', um, in m'eye." He lied with all the confidence of a foal halfway into the cookie jar.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

24. - Top - End - #564
    Ogre in the Playground

"The town should be fine. It's managed since before we came, so clearly we're not the only competent ponies around." Night Jewel chuckled. "Besides, it'll be good to get on the road again. I've travelled so much that staying in one place for too long feels odd."
    "We'll consider the trip a late Hearth's Warming gift for all of us, then. Do you want Taylor to come with us?"

"Whatever works. Just so long as ya're mostly under control. Can't go flyin' off into a tree or anything, can ya?"
    "That depends on how good or bad my aim is. I'm surprised they don't have an Equestria Games relay for crashing into stuff."

"Believe me, it's not for lack of trying. Though, with proper regulations, I would enjoy seeing that."

Flare gave a faint laugh. "It may not be that hard. Most of the times I have seen her, she has been alone. She is at least somewhat independent of him. And the two do seem to share some non-violent interests.

"It does perplex me, though: If she interacts so well with you and Stellar, why does she seem so fond of him when you both have an... anim... strong dislike towards him?"
    "She doesn't have first-hoof experience." Her tone is blithe. "Your opinion of a pony's nature tends to change if you watch them raze a town or throw you into servitude. It's like the difference between how we see you now and how ponies whose only knowledge is about your quakes see you, but in reverse, because as near as I can tell, any....animosity against you isn't deserved. If he put on the right kind of airs, the first impression could have decided everything. When he slips up, she'll learn."

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Sandy didn't get a chance to respond to Taylor before Prompter appeared again. Hurriedly, the little engineer wiped his eyes and face clean. "N-no, no, no allergies. That's fine, I'm fine. Y'don't need t'do nothin'. I was just...er, I-I got somethin', um, in m'eye." He lied with all the confidence of a foal halfway into the cookie jar.
    "I'll say you did." Sunshine puts in. "Contrary to popular belief, the composition of snow does not exactly a cuddly sensation make." He shakes his head. "Not much precaution one can take in this season, though. As near I can tell, there's nothing trapped, it'll just sting a little for a few more minutes." He gives Sandy one more stroke of the mane before turning fully to Prompter, putting on a classical, slightly lopsided smile. "Sorry, don't think we've met. Dr. Sunshine - I'm guessing you're the pony in charge of preparatory work? It's an impressive setup this year, from what I've seen."
    Last edited by Kelvin360; 2014-08-27 at 01:40 AM.
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

25. - Top - End - #565
    Dwarf in the Playground

"We'll consider the trip a late Hearth's Warming gift for all of us, then. Do you want Taylor to come with us?"
    "I don't see any reason to keep him out. Just... don't let him know about my true nature. I'm still not certain what he'd do about me.

"Anyway, I should probably get back to work. You can tell Taylor to come back now. I'll be with you shortly."
    With that, Night Jewel got up to help more ponies find seats.

"That depends on how good or bad my aim is. I'm surprised they don't have an Equestria Games relay for crashing into stuff."

"Believe me, it's not for lack of trying. Though, with proper regulations, I would enjoy seeing that."
    Blades laughed. "That or something for makin' other ponies crash into stuff. Either way, it'd probly be more fun if ya were a lil' bit bigger. Stronger 'n bulkier ponies would hit harder 'n be more spectacular. Still, something to keep in mind."

"She doesn't have first-hoof experience." Her tone is blithe. "Your opinion of a pony's nature tends to change if you watch them raze a town or throw you into servitude. It's like the difference between how we see you now and how ponies whose only knowledge is about your quakes see you, but in reverse, because as near as I can tell, any....animosity against you isn't deserved. If he put on the right kind of airs, the first impression could have decided everything. When he slips up, she'll learn."
    "I suppose, being young as she is, she may be naïve..."

Flare blinked, coming to a realization. Her expression then hardened.

"Arvadraa," she said, "your words tell me one thing, but your behaviour tells me another. Recently, you have mostly avoided him, but she interacts with him regularly. Can you truly claim that you have more first-hoof experience than she does? Can you truly claim that you know his ways better than she does when she has more chances to learn? Could it be that you are misled by your own first impressions?" Her voice was like that of a mother scolding a misbehaving foal. "I would expect this from Stellar, but not from you. You are not considering that you might be wrong, whether about the filly or about her companion."

26. - Top - End - #566
    Ogre in the Playground

Blades laughed. "That or something for makin' other ponies crash into stuff. Either way, it'd probly be more fun if ya were a lil' bit bigger. Stronger 'n bulkier ponies would hit harder 'n be more spectacular. Still, something to keep in mind."
    "So, wait, all that in mind, how hard would you object to being put in a cushion suit and then in a catapult?"

"Stellar..."

"What? It was either that or try getting some colt into the thing based on 'it's for science'!"

"I suppose, being young as she is, she may be naïve..."

Flare blinked, coming to a realization. Her expression then hardened.

"Arvadraa," she said, "your words tell me one thing, but your behaviour tells me another. Recently, you have mostly avoided him, but she interacts with him regularly. Can you truly claim that you have more first-hoof experience than she does? Can you truly claim that you know his ways better than she does when she has more chances to learn? Could it be that you are misled by your own first impressions?" Her voice was like that of a mother scolding a misbehaving foal. "I would expect this from Stellar, but not from you. You are not considering that you might be wrong, whether about the filly or about her companion."
    Arvadraa's facial expression slips into what could be classified as a very practiced angry teacher's stare, though her tone remains neutral. "Maybe I should have been clearer. By 'first-hoof experience', I meant he hasn't murdered anypony she cares about lately. Think about this from your view. What if you saw the ponies who imprisoned you down in that mountain being given all but laurels? What makes more sense? That they're playing tricks, or that they're somehow trustworthy now? One misguided waif does not suddenly grant him a moral compass, nor the benefit of any doubt. The extent of that merit that we offer was a refusal to kill him outright when we met days ago. A single theory with no backing aside from your ignorance in the matter -Horne - does not change the effects of his actions. Blind trust does not erase his evil!"

The flutter pony crumbles, crashing against the snowpony she had made. She begins to shiver, though not from the cold. "I'm sorry." She whispers, the phrase repeating itself as she grasps the words to keep what are obviously tears at bay. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Flare I'm so sorry...."

27. - Top - End - #567
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So, wait, all that in mind, how hard would you object to being put in a cushion suit and then in a catapult?"

"Stellar..."

"What? It was either that or try getting some colt into the thing based on 'it's for science'!"
    "Probly not that much. I've thought of tryin' to fly with rockets 'n such, so it isn't too far off. Or we could just launch ponies at other ponies. It'd probly be as fun as tryin' to use catapults to hit sheep in a pasture downhill!"

Arvadraa's facial expression slips into what could be classified as a very practiced angry teacher's stare, though her tone remains neutral. "Maybe I should have been clearer. By 'first-hoof experience', I meant he hasn't murdered anypony she cares about lately. Think about this from your view. What if you saw the ponies who imprisoned you down in that mountain being given all but laurels? What makes more sense? That they're playing tricks, or that they're somehow trustworthy now? One misguided waif does not suddenly grant him a moral compass, nor the benefit of any doubt. The extent of that merit that we offer was a refusal to kill him outright when we met days ago. A single theory with no backing aside from your ignorance in the matter -Horne - does not change the effects of his actions. Blind trust does not erase his evil!"

The flutter pony crumbles, crashing against the snowpony she had made. She begins to shiver, though not from the cold. "I'm sorry." She whispers, the phrase repeating itself as she grasps the words to keep what are obviously tears at bay. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, Flare I'm so sorry...."
    The ground trembled beneath Arvadraa's feet, causing part of the snowpony to crumble away.

"I advise you never to say such things again. I do not have much patience for insults."

Flare took a moment to calm herself.

"That aside, I am not 'blindly trusting'. I am merely asking you not to judge so quickly." She lowered her head. "You... didn't treat me this way, when I could have been the worst of monsters for all we know. Please, at least extend some of the same courtesy to him."

28. - Top - End - #568
    Ogre in the Playground

"Probly not that much. I've thought of tryin' to fly with rockets 'n such, so it isn't too far off. Or we could just launch ponies at other ponies. It'd probly be as fun as tryin' to use catapults to hit sheep in a pasture downhill!"
    "Aww, c'mon. Sheep are easy targets; they don't even dodge. Now goats..."

"I could probably write a whole essay on how and why we got to this part of the conversation and still have absolutely no idea what the answer is. Goats?"

"Yeah! They'll knock themselves silly charging at it, or - even better - dodge. Ever seen a goat do a backflip? It's awesome."

The ground trembled beneath Arvadraa's feet, causing part of the snowpony to crumble away.

"I advise you never to say such things again. I do not have much patience for insults."

Flare took a moment to calm herself.

"That aside, I am not 'blindly trusting'. I am merely asking you not to judge so quickly." She lowered her head. "You... didn't treat me this way, when I could have been the worst of monsters for all we know. Please, at least extend some of the same courtesy to him."
    "I...didn't know. But I do know that he is." She whispers. "I saw what could have been a warm flame burn all in its path, and now I can't unsee that."

I've heard flimsier arguments. She is-

"It's you." She shakes her head. "Him - Horne. For most of my life in that forest I thought I had something I could hold on to as the source of everything bad in my life. A ghoul that I had to check the shadows I could now manipulate for. And I don't know why, but that helped me. If it wasn't for that fear, that anger, that sense of injustice, I might've...not survived.

And then I met him, really met him. His mind and my mind are the same thing. There are no secrets anymore, no hidden crevices or forgotten fears. And I found that I couldn't hate him. I tried, and he showed me what he saw, and I just couldn't. And now there's Zaros and I...I just can't stand the thought of losing the ability to point out another villain. B-because if I don't have anypony to blame, I ju...I have to blame myself. Th-...that doesn't make sense, I know. But hate - real hate, the kind that makes your heart burn and your wings shake whenever you so much as think of a pony - never does. And I don't have anything else, Flare. All that I am is something that somepony else gave me or took away from me. If it circles around to something that I have to be or I have to feel, I'll crumble just as easily as snow-me does."

29. - Top - End - #569
    Troll in the Playground

"Of course, Fox." The ice mage leaned to kiss his cheek softly as he pulled away, then sighed and sipped her drink in silence, unsure on how to continue this conversation.

"Adorable, wouldn't you agree Miss Astrid?"
    Balboa chuckled as he watched Icy and Fox (who totally made a grumpy face at Balboa's words.

"Yes, absolutely adorable," Astrid replied in a flat monotone voice without even looking up from her paperwork.

"Heheh, so, Fox my boy...tell me....when do you plan to tie the knot? Make an honest mare of Miss Icy?" He chuckled again and bemusedly stared at Fox. Fox found himself with a low throaty growl of annoyance.

"That's for me to know and for you to not come to the wedding,"
    Fox said snappily. Balboa frowned and furrowed his brow.

"Son, don't be that way, I truly am trying to reconcile here, to get to know my one and only son,"
    Balboa replied, sighing dejectedly.

"Is that so? You know, why don't I ask the questions? You know, since you're trying to reconcile and all, it's only fair I get to know the father who was barely there for me....!"
    His tone increased coming off as hostile.

"By all means, ask away then son,"
    Balboa replied looking unfettered and took a sip of his drink.

Fox hmmp'd and looked between Balboa and Astrid. "So, praytell what is your relationship with Miss Astrid here?" At this, Astrid glanced up from her papers.

Balboa just laughed and shook his head. "Tis not what you assume, our relationship is simply professional. She is my personal assistant of course and darn good one. I know not where I would be without her wonderful organizing skills." He smiled Astrid's way.

"And how does she feel about sharing you with so many younger fillies?"
    Fox pressed deliberating ignoring Balboa's words.

Balboa's smile twitched for a moment as he straightened himself up in his seat. "Don't be silly, as I said, tis a professional relationship, though you ought to apologize to Miss Astrid, now." Fox stared at Balboa incredulously and laughed aloud.

"As professional as the mayor of Canterlot? Or haven't you taken her out to dinner yet? You always did like to savor a mare-oh, I'm sorry, meal. Slip of the tongue there."
    Fox Trot hollowly chuckled and derisively snorted.

"You had better keep that tongue of yours in check,"
    Balboa took a deep breath as he began to tense up, his tone taking one of anger. "Apologize for your rudeness to Miss Astrid."

"It's fine sir...I am not offended," Astrid quietly replied and reached to calm Balboa down.

"No, it is not fine, whatever issues he may have with me does not allow him to involve a third party."
    Balboa said, his eyes fixed on Fox.

This could be a chance for Icy to intervene or not, who knows, she may like drama
    ====

Dat Park

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post

"I'll say you did." Sunshine puts in. "Contrary to popular belief, the composition of snow does not exactly a cuddly sensation make." He shakes his head. "Not much precaution one can take in this season, though. As near I can tell, there's nothing trapped, it'll just sting a little for a few more minutes." He gives Sandy one more stroke of the mane before turning fully to Prompter, putting on a classical, slightly lopsided smile. "Sorry, don't think we've met. Dr. Sunshine - I'm guessing you're the pony in charge of preparatory work? It's an impressive setup this year, from what I've seen."
    "Prompter," Replied with a smile of her own. "Yea, pretty much, sorta the assistant to Miss Soliloquy, I make sure things are smooth before the start of the play, thank you sir for the compliment."

She turned her head to Sandy. "You sure? I mean, we can flush whatever is in your eye if you want."

30. - Top - End - #570
    Ettin in the Playground

You mean 'is there'.

No. He said aloud, turning to place a hoof on her flank. But I'll be sure to make it up to you later~
    Esmeralda lets loose an exaggerated sigh, and pouted. "Fine~" Her tail flicked rather excitedly at the hoof, and she leaned in close against his shoulder. "But I expect great things from you later~" she continues with a giggle.

"Adorable, wouldn't you agree Miss Astrid?"
    Balboa chuckled as he watched Icy and Fox (who totally made a grumpy face at Balboa's words.

"Yes, absolutely adorable," Astrid replied in a flat monotone voice without even looking up from her paperwork.

"Heheh, so, Fox my boy...tell me....when do you plan to tie the knot? Make an honest mare of Miss Icy?" He chuckled again and bemusedly stared at Fox. Fox found himself with a low throaty growl of annoyance.

"That's for me to know and for you to not come to the wedding,"
    Fox said snappily. Balboa frowned and furrowed his brow.

"Son, don't be that way, I truly am trying to reconcile here, to get to know my one and only son,"
    Balboa replied, sighing dejectedly.

"Is that so? You know, why don't I ask the questions? You know, since you're trying to reconcile and all, it's only fair I get to know the father who was barely there for me....!"
    His tone increased coming off as hostile.

"By all means, ask away then son,"
    Balboa replied looking unfettered and took a sip of his drink.

Fox hmmp'd and looked between Balboa and Astrid. "So, praytell what is your relationship with Miss Astrid here?" At this, Astrid glanced up from her papers.

Balboa just laughed and shook his head. "Tis not what you assume, our relationship is simply professional. She is my personal assistant of course and darn good one. I know not where I would be without her wonderful organizing skills." He smiled Astrid's way.

"And how does she feel about sharing you with so many younger fillies?"
    Fox pressed deliberating ignoring Balboa's words.

Balboa's smile twitched for a moment as he straightened himself up in his seat. "Don't be silly, as I said, tis a professional relationship, though you ought to apologize to Miss Astrid, now." Fox stared at Balboa incredulously and laughed aloud.

"As professional as the mayor of Canterlot? Or haven't you taken her out to dinner yet? You always did like to savor a mare-oh, I'm sorry, meal. Slip of the tongue there."
    Fox Trot hollowly chuckled and derisively snorted.

"You had better keep that tongue of yours in check,"
    Balboa took a deep breath as he began to tense up, his tone taking one of anger. "Apologize for your rudeness to Miss Astrid."

"It's fine sir...I am not offended," Astrid quietly replied and reached to calm Balboa down.

"No, it is not fine, whatever issues he may have with me does not allow him to involve a third party."
    Balboa said, his eyes fixed on Fox.

This could be a chance for Icy to intervene or not, who knows, she may like drama
    Somewhere in between this back and forth but likely ignored, Icy simply sipped her drink again, and quietly said, "Boys, please. We're in a respectable diner." her tone cooled slightly. "Could we save this until we have finished our dinner and retreat to a more suitable environs?" She glanced sharply especially at Fox.
    Last edited by Grif; 2014-08-29 at 12:31 PM.