New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 25 of 50 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Spoiler: IRC RP
    Show
    <lost_deep> Jace will find a temple nearby. It's small, and made of stone, but it appears welcoming enough. There's a sign welcoming all comers, and the door is unlocked.
    <LDK> Jace sighs, thankful that Zebes remembered seeing the place on the way here. The pocket dragon lands on his shoulder, and does his best to give Kell a reassuring look as Jace leads her there. He'll knock on the door just to be polite before opening it.
    <LDK> He hopes Kell won't have any trouble being there.
    <lost_deep> Kell looks uncomfortable, but she isn't burning.
    <lost_deep> Inside, it is clean yet small. there isn't much on the floor, and it looks like the rafters were left open and decorated.
    <lost_deep> From above rappels on a line of silk a large, cobalt blue spider with a little hat on.
    <lost_deep> "Hello, and welcome to the temple of Spidergod! All are welcome here!"
    <LDK> Jace gives a polite smile. He's learned to never question what ends up being a deity and their naming conventions. "Afternoon. My friend here had a bit of an accident today. Positive energy's not reacting like it should, if you know what I mean. I don't work in that sort of thing, really.
    <LDK> So I was hoping someone of the divine schools may be better acquainted with working in the nature of afflictions."
    <lost_deep> "Oh dear! Poor thing. Acting as a divine represent... ah, wait. Dear, you don't mind if I touch you, do you? I know that some humans get upset about that."
    <lost_deep> Kell shakes her head. "Go on."
    <lost_deep> The spider places it'=s first two feet upon Kell's head. "I beseech the powerful and kind Spidergod to illuminate what has happened to this poor girl, and what might be done to remedy her affliction."
    <lost_deep> there is a moment of silence.
    <lost_deep> "Well that's weird," the spider says.
    <lost_deep> "This is something unusual within her. Tell me, sir, are you familiar with how positive energy travels within a person?"
    <LDK> Jace looks a little bit embarrassed, scratching at the back of his head. "I've been told once or twice, but it's not my field, so I wouldn't say I could give any more of a very basic idea."
    <lost_deep> "Suffice to say that within a living being, positive energy flows and moves in a natural way, similar to how water flows through the water cycle."
    <lost_deep> "when someone is killed and reanimated, the negative energy doesn't flow. It moves a little, but not in the organic flowing way."
    <lost_deep> "Your friend is full of negative energy, but it flows properly. She isn't undead. I think a more accurate term would be... unalive."
    <LDK> Zebes sighs audibly. Jace responds, "Well, I suppose that makes sense given the history. Think there might be any problems, or is it just going to be an odd state of anatomy?"
    <lost_deep> "Well... she might want to avoid certain temples, as not all gods are as accepting as Spidergod. Apart from that, certain people might hunt her down simply for being as different as she is."
    <lost_deep> "She will not need to eat, and likely will not feel any kind of hunger."
    <LDK> Jace shrugs. "Well, that first part isn't any different from normal, really. Thanks."
    <lost_deep> "I can't think of anything that stands out, sir-"
    <lost_deep> Jace's cell phone rings.
    <LDK> Jace groans. "Excuse me." he says as he steps away and reaches into his pocket to answer. "Hello?"
    <lost_deep> "Hey! It's Kell. Got back and you weren't here. Decided to call. Where are you?"
    <LDK> Jace's fingers go numb and he barely manages to catch his phone as it slips from his grasp. He swears something in an obscure language before fumbling it back to his ear. "Were you at a Red Zone street today? Rhibozome road? A little short, a few brick stores and lots of alleys, stone temple on the corner?"
    <lost_deep> "...no. I went to the library. I haven't been on Rhibozome road for years."
    <lost_deep> the Kell present looks confused.
    <LDK> Jace tries to ignore the look, "Why do you know the place?"
    <lost_deep> "So, a while back, when I was in school, I used to be a DJ between classes. There was a party down that way. Why?"
    <LDK> "Because I got a call and had to help out over there and was wondering. Listen, I'll be over there in a little bit. I'm sure they were too smart, but throw the joltiks out if any fell for my bowl trap. We'll talk then, ok?"
    <lost_deep> "okay."
    <lost_deep> this situation should feel like just...
    <lost_deep> bad luck.
    <lost_deep> it's an odd feeling.
    <LDK> Jace sighs as he hangs up the phone. Bitch, he'd asked to make it only hit him. "We should go, Kell. Thanks for your help." He says to the spider, avoiding a title since he wasn't able to discern a gender from the voice
    <lost_deep> "Anytime!"
    <lost_deep> the spider waves goodbye.
    <lost_deep> "Who was on the phone?" Kell asks.
    <LDK> Jace just shakes his head and opens the door. Zebes takes off and flies out in the direction of home if Kell would recognize it. He gestures for her to go before him.
    <lost_deep> Kell does so. Nothing notable will happen en routeunless Jace starts a conversation.
    <LDK> He does. "Kell, do you remember why you were on this street? Plenty of them have dumpsters, so it's not like you would have been knocked out somewhere else and moved there just for that."
    <lost_deep> Kell shakes her head. "I don't remember. I was going to go apply for jobs, and then... I don't remember. It's like my head is in a fog."
    <LDK> Jace stops, and looks at her at eye level, which probably involves kneeling at least partially. "Kell, I need you to think. Is it like it was the day I met you?"
    <lost_deep> "I... maybe? It's not really all that similar, but..."
    <lost_deep> "I wake up in an odd place, and I'm not me..."
    <lost_deep> "Or, I am me, but I'm not normal."
    <LDK> "Kell, you mentioned to me when I was panicking about my curse that you'd worked in a zoo. You've name-dropped a lot of those jobs. Do you remember why you had to quit so many?"
    <lost_deep> "Nothing leaps to mind. I got tired of being a DJ, I didn't get along with one boss... I think one place burned down? It was something different each time, you know?"
    <LDK> "No, I don't. Your stories don't make sense. You only remember living, never any of the parts that changed things." He sighs for the twentieth time today. "That was you on the phone, Kell. I think you got shot to pieces and the jackass disposed of the body, just like you got buried last time, and just like that you got dropped someplace else.
    <LDK> And like last time, you've come back. I sent Zebes home to tell her because neither of you should have to hear it before the other.
    <lost_deep> "...what?"
    <LDK> It's not right to keep either of you in the dark about this.
    <LDK> I went digging Kell. Found records that don't make sense. Nothing about anything makes sense. There's three of you now, I suppose. I can't sit and lie to one of you like I did the first day. I can house you if you'd like, but you don't have to meet if you don't want to."
    <lost_deep> "What? I... there's three of me now? There's... me, and then the normal me, and then..."
    <LDK> "And then the you who's part air, who I spoke to this morning and called three minutes ago."
    <LDK> "Nothing makes sense, Kell, and that's the best answer I can give. I can only react at this point."
    <lost_deep> "I... I at least want to see the other odd me?"
    <LDK> Jace nods. "Alright. With any luck Zebes can explain it to her better than I could." He most certainly won't, since they're the same person, and the conversation will probably go exactly the same way from his end >.>
    <lost_deep> albeit, that kell has a clearer head.
    <lost_deep> they get home, and Kell lets Jace go first.
    <LDK> Jace will go in first, although he's discomforted enough not to say much as he hangs his cloak on the hook. Bleh, he's in over his head on this one.
    <lost_deep> Kell is there, the elemental one. She sees the Dead Kell... and they stare at each other for a minute.
    <lost_deep> After a minute, the elemental Kell pokes the Dead Kell. they're not exactly interacting smoothly here.
    <LDK> Zebes lands on his master's shoulder, a bit exasperated himself. Jace sits himself down off to the side. "Listen, I'm here for whatever, but I'm just as confused as everyone else. Ask if I can help with anything but...I don't really know what to do."
    <lost_deep> Elemental Kell turns to Jace. "Zebes said that you did some research? Can I see the research?"
    <LDK> Jace nods and will go into his room to fetch the report. He pulls a few pages, like the one mentioning the zombification and some of the more disturbing stuff, but it'll be enough to get the general idea of things not matching what she remembers, and neither making sense.
    <lost_deep> The pair will look over the files. They're obviously confused over it. After a bit, Dead Kell asks, "Are you sure? You sure there isn't like, some holes in this?"
    <LDK> "Of course there are. And that's the point. There's no reason for this information to be harder to get than the rest, and if it doesn't exist, and that's everything, than it simply makes no sense."
    <lost_deep> Dead Kell shakes her head. Elemental Kell says, "I'm pretty sure there's no legal way to get all this infomation. Some of this falls under privacy laws, or non-disclosure agreements."
    <LDK> "It probably isn't. I got it from someone that that Dice summoned up. I believe I mentioned it did that. In theory she could have shirked off on the deal, but there was really no reason to do so, so I have to assume it's legitimate."
    <lost_deep> the pair is quiet for a minute.
    <lost_deep> Dead Kell seem to just be confused, but elemental Kell seems to be thinking over it.
    <LDK> "for the record I was expecting info on why you absorb magic, but that got given instead. I should have been more specific, I suppose."
    <lost_deep> "This may be more interesting," Kell mutters to herself.
    <lost_deep> "Okay," Dead Kell says, "does this person know WHY this is like this?"
    <LDK> Jace shakes his head."Nothing concrete. Just that some people theorize that the Nexus being as it is with its convoluted workings, sometimes it gives priority to keeping certain things straight, leaving others to get sorted out however, and so they end up not being very sensible in the end. I don't have much to say about that; I'm still new here."
    <lost_deep> "So... there's no explanation whatsoever?" Dead Kell asks with a frown.
    <LDK> "She found nothing divine, nothing demonic, nothing from the Planes of Elements and no kinds of magic that could be identified. If there's an explanation, I'd need to find someone more powerful or perhaps more earnest, and for now I don't have those kinds of contacts. I do know a group of mages, but directly I can't answer much." he says very sadly.
    <lost_deep> The pair go back to being quiet. Dead Kell shakes her head slightly, and Elemental Kell keep leafing through the files.
    <LDK>Jace will actually act his age for once, and quietly announce that he should go get another guest room prepared and eject himself from the room. He's clearly a bit overwhelmed.

Jace's Place

A bit after Jace does that he'll hear a pair of voices raised in argument. The two voices are similar, but one is shouting, almost screaming, while the other is simply raised. He may catch the lines, "No you can't!" and "Are you kidding me!?"

2. - Top - End - #722
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Jace's Place

Jace sighs and tilts his head for a moment, already developing a migraine. Zebes gets the message and flits off, settling himself on the bottom of the banister in the lower level.
    "What seems to be the trouble, Miss and Miss?" he says, politely but forcefully enough to project the message of Shut Up.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

3. - Top - End - #723
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Place

Dead Kell, who was apperantly shouting before, speaks first, and fast. "I'm not staying here."

"Yes you are!" Elemental Kell replies, "You don't have anywhere else to go!"

4. - Top - End - #724
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

Zebes' voice lowers.
    "Of course she does. Spade, Cosiellio, and a number of gods in Inside are dedicated to virtues not related to life and death and wouldn't likely turn her away because of her nature, and GLoG certainly wouldn't. I can't condone leaving by herself given the history of accidents, but we have no power to keep her here against her will past advising the obvious precautions." says the pocket dragon, perhaps surprisingly mature sounding given his history and appearance.

5. - Top - End - #725
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terumitsu View Post
    [Summit Springs - Riss' Lab]

The circle will have been more than ready for a while now, as could be told by the muse's third form waiting beside it, her hands in her pockets and staring somewhat blankly in it's direction as she visualized various configurations for future tests. Still, she stepped aside as Misha came close, her tail reaching out to loosely wrap around the neried's waist for a few moments while she gave the hand she held with the other form a gentle squeeze. "Okay.. I think I have it this time. You'll need to make a jump over the lines here because of how much I've crammed in. Still, this is the most space-efficient circle I've ever made so it's nice to have a reason to push boundaries so I can improve. I'll warn you that it might feel a little uncomfortable this time around because I had to alter a few variables to shrink the formula down where I could but it shouldn't be any worse than... Well, for me it felt like the prickling when an arm had fallen asleep but you might feel something different." Riss said with her third form., her second reluctantly letting go of Misha's hand and joining her first on the loveseat.

This time, while the circle shifted about like before, it was just barely large enough to contain the ever-changing string of characters at their most numerous, something that surprised the muse as she hadn't expected that she would actually need the extra buffer space on top of what she had already added. Thanking the habits formed from her chosen profession, she watched the circle through both her eyes and the recording equipment she had linked up to. While Misha would be asked to stay as still as possible for nearly a quarter of an hour, she would still be able to twist about to see that the pair of forms on the miniature couch looked as of they had fallen asleep on each other as the muse focused her resources on this mystery.

Finally, though, Riss reached out with a toe and gently dragged it through the outer circle, breaking it and stopping the rushing noise of countless granules tumbling about from further echoing about the room. "I think... I want to process this for a few minutes but I think that's all that I'm going to get from this." she said, stepping forwards into the circle and reaching out for the nereid's hand to guide her out. Of course, unseen to the nereid would be the torrential flow of information as the data was picked apart, cross-referenced, and examined from just about every angle the muse could think of; hoping that there would be at least something she could find to make sense of the seeming gibberish she had collected.
    Summit Springs -Riss' Lab

Riss will have quite a lot of information to sort through. Certain characters are there no matter what, but where they are in the sequence and what they're paired with can change over time. Everything seems to be a massive shell game, and trying to find the right truename out from the omnipresent characters could easily be an exercise in frustration and futility.

Still, from the symbols she can tell are always there, there are about 12,144 to 6,204,484,101,733,239,439,360,000 possible combinations of characters, depending on whether Misha's truename has 3 characters in it, or up to the 24 total omnipresent ones Riss found..

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Sophie and Copi's Place

She has a mouth, but it doesn't have to move when she talks, it seems.

She moves one arm a bit, waving it in the air. "I can feel... air movement. No, air staying still, as my arm moves through it. Odd. There is silence for hearing, and darkness for sight, emptiness for smell, is there a null for touch?"
    "Numbness. After all, you didn't feel anything before when Copi unplugged your nerves. They can get damaged, or electricity can stop moving along them, causing them to stop transmitting what they feel to you." Mintbalm watches with interest.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Dwarf in the Playground

d6 Re: [Nexus] Home 17 - Where you know all your friends and all your enemies

Jace's Place

"Yeah, I don't want to impede-"

"You have everything that I have, which is next to nothing! You can't afford to go out on your own!"

"He said there were temples!"

"That will help a little, but if we want the best chance we should pool resources-"

"But that's creepy!"

"What?"

Sophie and Copi's Place

"That may be preferable to this," She says with a frown, "It seems to be overwhelming."

"It's not if you've grown up with it," Copi says, and then stops.

"Constant sensory input is common for life... but many computer programs are made to operate with minimal input, and managing a large amount of input, even just images, is very complex for a program. How odd."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-04-02 at 07:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Not to be rude, but you do have a record of having very bad things happen when you go out alone. Sticking together might help a little in that respect. And truth be told there's nothing creepy about pooling resources. Most roommates who are relatives or close friends do that." says the pocket dragon.

8. - Top - End - #728
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Place

"But it's weird! We're practically the same person! Don't you think it'd be weird to have two of the same person in one house?"

"Compared to what's happened to us so far? Yeah, it's weird, but now my.... our lives are weird. And, I'm sorry, but you obviously aren't as smart as I am-"

"Hey!"

"Whatever happened to you must have killed some brain cells, and you're nowhere near as fit as me, either. Even ignoring that you're super skinny, you just aren't fit! You look like a highschooler. And kind of acting like one, too."

"No I am not!"
    "Okay, maybe a little. It's not my fault, I probably lost those cells between dying and coming back as a zombie!"

9. - Top - End - #729

Sophie and Copi's Place

"That may be preferable to this," She says with a frown, "It seems to be overwhelming."

"It's not if you've grown up with it," Copi says, and then stops.

"Constant sensory input is common for life... but many computer programs are made to operate with minimal input, and managing a large amount of input, even just images, is very complex for a program. How odd."
    Sophie and Copi's Place

"But you're a very complex program, so I know you'll be able to adapt to it. It will be hard, but we'll be here to support you, and in a bit of time you'll be able to use it to learn a lot more about the world around you than you could otherwise." Mintbalm almost chokes up a bit when she promises that she'll be here to help support, but then thinks on it more, and realizes that with the magical changes to the body, there should be no problem for the AI to come visit her in the Land Between. It would be strange for it, but certainly wouldn't do it any harm either way.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Or, it could be that you died on your way back from that party DJ'ing in high school and she only came back now, meaning she only seems dumb because she's actually that much younger than you. I'm as lost as anyone here, so that'd be as good an explanation as any." snarks Zebes. He wouldn't have mentioned death, but Death Kell did it first!

11. - Top - End - #731
    Dwarf in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Yeah... that makes sense."

"What? No! Then how do I remember what you remember?"

"I don't know! It makes more sense than a lot of things, okay! Life is just weird all around right now. I came back to life, with weird powers. Twice. We can't rule anything out."

"That's completely insane!"

"Yes. And?"

Dead Teen Kell opens her mouth, and after a moment shuts it. She wants to find a counterpoint, but can't. She's obviously cranky about it.

Sophie and Copi's Place

The AI nods. "Thank you, Mintbalm." She then takes a few steps forward, and tries to wrap Mintbalm in a hug. It's a bit tighter than a normal hug, and the arms are a bit awkward, but it's a hug.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2014-04-02 at 09:12 PM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Halfling in the Playground

[Maxwell's Office]

Sensing a lull, Max decides to ask, "How are you liking everything? I trust it's good. I'm sure it must be better than seafood caught in the ocean. Cleaner." Says Max.

[Tina's Place 2]

Hopefully it's a good sensitive, because Tina takes that as a cue to start nuzzling Cassidy's neck. Her skilled fingers dance up and down the other girl's spine. She's really quite good at this point. Far too much practice.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

13. - Top - End - #733

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza sits on the edge of the futon. Mm, that's true... She turns to caress her fiancee's hair.
    Hildur stays where she is, and smiles at Thyrza. "Have I told you that you look lovely today?" she asks.

Maxwell's Office

Shark is clearly glad for the change in conversation. "Everything's great, though I hope you're not expecting too many details. I'm not exactly a food critic."

Fettina's Place 2

Judging from the noises Cassidy's making, it's definitely a good kind of sensitive. "Found my spots already? And you say you're not risquι?"

14. - Top - End - #734
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza leans in to kiss her cheek. Aww, the same to you, sweetie!
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

15. - Top - End - #735
    Bugbear in the Playground

Fettina's Place

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    Tina laughs and pecks Shrike on the ear, her eyes drifting back to Sebastian. Now he gets it. Her smile grows. Tina lets Shrike go and oozes off the side of the bed, naked as the day she was born. All that's left of her outfit is the hat. Her feet pit-pat gently against the cool floor as she slowly, slowly makes her way over to Sebastian.

Her slim, dark figure presses to him. She flicks her thumb and knocks the hat back at a jaunty angle. "I hope so."

Suddenly, with a click, Tina tries to take the poor photographer's wrists and cuff them together! No wonder she had the other hand behind her back. Shrike may well have noticed this as Tina was moving, and can intervene.

Otherwise, Sebastian will get one last wicked, pearly grin before he's dragged off behind one curtain he won't soon forget.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    Tina's Apartment

Shrike grins cheerfully, winking at Tina, before turning her grin to Sebastian, and posing, stretching out languidly and tossing her short red hair.

She grins as he gets pulled closer, and helps pull the curtain with alclarity, quite willing to do MORE than her part to try and make sure Sebastian never forgets it.

Although he might have forgotten his name by the time the two girls are done.

Oh dear. Sebastian is taken entirely by surprise when she snaps the handcuffs around his wrists, his eyes too busy following the sway of Tina's hips as she approaches to spot what's she hiding behind her back. But it's a very pleasant sort of surprise...

When the curtain rises again, he's sprawled out on the bed, arms possibly still bound behind or likely resting somewhere pleasant if not. But more than that, what Sebastian is is entirely and wonderfully exhausted, his chest still rising and falling with heavy breath as he recovers from the exertion. "Well... I used to think of myself as a libertine, he whispers, "but I must concede you two have me entirely beat." Although, he's certainly more experienced than an almost-preacher has any right to be.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

16. - Top - End - #736

[Fettina's Place]

Sebastian's likely still bound! The cuffs are wrapped around a central bedpost, keeping him squarely in place. Tina, meanwhile, is lying diagonally, head on his chest, her body slick with sweat. Her lovely curls are all mussed, too. She's resting with a smile, enjoying the beat of his heart and the gentle motions of his breath. Reminds her of waves on the ocean.

"I prefer hedonist," Tina murmurs softly. "But thanks." Wherever Shrike is, she might well be holding the girl's hand. Or something of Shrike's, at any rate.

[Maxwell's Office]

"I just like to hear if you enjoy it or not. I never have dinner guests anymore," Max says, propping his chin on his fist and studying Shark ever so intensely again.

[Fettina's Place 2!]

"I don't remember saying that," Tina breathes the words onto Cassidy's throat, her breath hot. She just can't get enough this evening. Enough skin. Enough attention. Enough... well. You get the idea. The neon-eyed girl pushes Cass into the wall and starts yanking down the runner's trousers. Where does she get all this energy from?

In any event, she'll quickly be dragging down the curtain, unless Cass dares to try and stop her.
    Last edited by Murkus; 2014-04-03 at 12:07 AM.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #737

Hildur's Cave

Hildur smiles and reaches for the back of Thyrza's head. "Thank you, dearest." Then she sits up on the futon as well.

Maxwell's Office

"Well, I'm definitely enjoying the meal," Shark says. "Company's not so bad either."

Fettina's Place 2

Cassidy is practically ripping off Tina's clothes at this point, and is just as enthusiastic about curtain-pulling as her. She's able to keep up with her in terms of energy, too, so they'll probably be at it for quite a while.

18. - Top - End - #738

[Maxwell's Office]

"Not so bad?" Max puts a hand on his chest, extending his fingers, and glances away with a snooty expression on his face. "Why, you wound me, Shark."

[Fettina's Place 2]

Hopefully her clothes aren't torn! This stuff is expensive! She'd probably complain if that happened.

And while it's fair to say Cassidy has plenty of energy, Tina had her blood drained this evening. There's no way a small, skinny woman like Tina is keeping up with a Runner after that... experience.

Yet she doesn't stop. Fettina finally lies sprawled on one of her couches, arms thrown up above her head. Okay. Now she might be a little tired. The dark-skinned girl is certainly breathing hard.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

19. - Top - End - #739

Maxwell's Office

Shark rolls his eyes. "Come on, you're really going to let some dirt-poor mercenary hurt your feelings?" he says.

Fettina's Place 2

Cassidy's laying on the same couch, finally able to catch her breath. "You're amazing, Tina. I think you're the best chick I've ever spent a night with." She doesn't seem to question how Tina had such boundless energy.

20. - Top - End - #740
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza nestles her head into her lover's hand, giggling softly. C'mere, you. She tries to pull the toned girl into her lap.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #741

[Maxwell's Office]

"Poor has nothing to do with it," Max says, turning away now. Hmph! He crosses his arms, noise pointed up into the air. Still being quite silly.

[Fettina's Place 2]

I'm sure that was Cassidy's last concern. The neon-eyed girl rests now, her breath coming slow and gentle. "You're... not so bad yourself, Cass..." Not the best she's ever had, but damn.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #742

Hildur's Cave

Thyrza won't need to do much pulling to get Hildur in her lap. She places her arms around Thyrza's shoulders.

Maxwell's Office

"Does it? Come on, you're a rich, well-to-do janitor. I'm just a disgraced soldier. You shouldn't care what I have to say," Shark says. He knows that would be true in his own world, anyway.

Fettina's Place 2

Cassidy lays back on the couch, placing her head on an armrest. "Hah. I haven't had a night that fun since before I was in the Nexus," she says.

23. - Top - End - #743
    Ogre in the Playground

[Hildur's Cave]
    Thryza kisses her softly, holding her close. I'm glad we don't have all that much we still have to figure out for the wedding... I can't wait til I get to call myself Mrs. Lange. She grins. Maybe for the honeymoon we can find you some decent snowboarding conditions, finally.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

24. - Top - End - #744
    Troll in the Playground

[Brendan's House of Hobbies]

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Fine by me, Brendan. Soon as you tell me what a grape is." Felix takes a step away, as Brendan seems steady enough now.
    "I think, around here, we're going to keep being surprised by something or other. And let's not play up the future thing; that's mother. I'm just, I've always now."
    He offers to set the train down and help close up however he can.
    "A good philosphy. On both counts. As for what a grape is...well, for starters a grape and a grapefruit are two entirely different things. Weird, I know, but..."
    Brendan sets about explaining the grapes and the grapefruits, accepting the help in closing up. Which doesn't take long, really, given it'd been a slow day for customers, so there isn't much to close out. Before he leads the way to the living area, bright and cheerful.

Also largely fireproofed.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

25. - Top - End - #745

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    And it's at this point that, if Jamie's hand wasn't taken by Ianthe's, she'd be facepalming.

"Dad may have failed to address a few details," she observes, sighing slightly, but with her own grin not faltering. "Guess I get to make even more new friends today!" Giggling softly, she shakes her head. "And this is a pretty swanky place," she admits.
    Oh, is this a case of long-last twins or something? Hopefully more Twelfth Night than "good and evil twins". Because Jamie's dad would obviously be the evil twin. Come on in, I'll give you a tour. She gives Jamie a brief tour of the apartment, showing her the living room, the kitchen, a bathroom, Tovia's bedroom, a walk in closet as big as Jamie's own bedroom that's filled with outfits and nonmagical equipment and adventuring supplies, the library, and an empty yet optimistically large trophy room. She also points out two locked doors. That one is her atelier, a magical workshop. Don't go in unless you're with me or her and then don't touch anything unless told to. And that one... well, never go in there. Off limits to you for now.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [The Frescot Home]

"We... should probably hide," Adir says, pulling on her shoulder and moving into the other room. He peeks around at the lonely icecream carton. "Um... what's the plan then? Y'know, when they jump on the bait?" The stag seems like he's having fun at any rate.
    [The Frescot Home]

Sakura giggles. "Well this is as far as I planned. Got any more ideas?"
    Last edited by Gullara; 2014-04-04 at 10:30 AM.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ogre in the Playground

Jace's Place

"Yeah... that makes sense."

"What? No! Then how do I remember what you remember?"

"I don't know! It makes more sense than a lot of things, okay! Life is just weird all around right now. I came back to life, with weird powers. Twice. We can't rule anything out."

"That's completely insane!"

"Yes. And?"

Dead Teen Kell opens her mouth, and after a moment shuts it. She wants to find a counterpoint, but can't. She's obviously cranky about it.
    Jace's Place

"I'm sorry I can't be of much more help, but other than cautioning you from making important life choices when we barely know what's going on and you clearly have bad luck, I can't really do much with this little info. Whatever you decide, we'll honor though." he says. His snout can't really frown, but his drooping ear-fins accomplish the same thing.

28. - Top - End - #748

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Hildur's Cave

Thyrza won't need to do much pulling to get Hildur in her lap. She places her arms around Thyrza's shoulders.

Maxwell's Office

"Does it? Come on, you're a rich, well-to-do janitor. I'm just a disgraced soldier. You shouldn't care what I have to say," Shark says. He knows that would be true in his own world, anyway.

Fettina's Place 2

Cassidy lays back on the couch, placing her head on an armrest. "Hah. I haven't had a night that fun since before I was in the Nexus," she says.
    [Maxwell's Office]

"Now that's hardly fair," Max says, glancing at the young soldier again. "I care what everyone has to say."

[Fettina's Place 2]

Tina swings one of her legs over Cassidy's and wraps her arms around the Runner. "Tell me about it." If Cassidy thinks that's a joke, Fettina will grin and say, "No, really. Tell me."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [The Frescot Home]

Sakura giggles. "Well this is as far as I planned. Got any more ideas?"
    "Um... fairy calls?" Adir says with a shrug. Though they won't be waiting long. Not thirty seconds later, a collective groaning is issued from the kitchen. The carton is on the floor, spilled over and mostly empty. Lying all about the kitchen is the fallen swarm of fairies, complaining and clutching their heads or stomachs. Looks like a bad case of brain freeze all around. They dangle from counters, lie in the ice cream goop, dangle from the ceiling fan, all moaning their little hearts out.

Adir knocks his head back and laughs.

He really is awful.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

29. - Top - End - #749
    Pixie in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion - Eo]

In the previous episode...

Eo fidgeted with her hair!

And now...

Khyli gently motions for Eo to follow her up a long, long, loooooong flight of hand-hewn stone stairs.

"There's something that my mom wants you to see. Only a handful of beings have been permitted to view this. I trust that you shall not breathe a word of this to any soul, be it of the living, the dead, or the damned lest the information you shall soon be privy to be a well-guarded secret no more."

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ogre in the Playground

[Clarissa's Mansion]
    Eo nods eagerly, blushing orange a little in excited surprise! She follows Khyli, a bounce in her step, as she types out her reply.

Of course! I promise I won't ever tell anyone, and I'll see if I can set up a purge program that'll wipe it from my memory in case of dying or anything.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show