New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 19343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1504
  1. - Top - End - #1291
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: One Piece V: Black Leg Wedding

Those moon robots didn't build themselves. Space exporation already started in One Piece.

In particular rocket technology check and technology to keep controlled atmosphere and pressure are already widely available, don't need much more really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of Mantas View Post
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

2. - Top - End - #1292
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    The space idea is just silly.
    Welcome to One Piece, where the main character is a rubber-man pirate who can't swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

3. - Top - End - #1293
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by deuterio12 View Post
    Those moon robots didn't build themselves. Space exporation already started in One Piece.

In particular rocket technology check and technology to keep controlled atmosphere and pressure are already widely available, don't need much more really.
    I mean, there are space pirates. Doesn't mean the idea isn't silly.

Also, the One Piece World only has one moon. The model that Clover had were of the One Piece World, it's moon and other planets. You can see the other bodies have moons around them as well.

4. - Top - End - #1294
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, there are space pirates. Doesn't mean the idea isn't silly.
    The story started with the premise of people who get unique special powers in return for becoming super weak in contact with saltwater...

...And they all decide to become either marines or pirates and live at the sea. (except for sandman who was smart enough to settle in the biggest desert he could find).

Main way of long-distance communication are magic snails.

Then the protagonist got a cyborg powered by beer and women training makes their breasts bigger.

Recently they defeated one of the main antagonists with a really good cake.

The story has always run on an heavy amount of silly.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2018-11-16 at 03:50 AM.
    "You know, Durkon, I built this planet up from nothing. When I started here, all there was was a snarl. All the other gods said we were daft to build a planet over a snarl, but I built it all the same, just to show then. It got eaten by the snarl...

...so we built a five millionth, three hundreth, twenty first one. That one burned down, fell over, then got eaten by the snarl, but the five millionth, three hundreth, and twenty second one stayed up! Or at least, it has been until now."

5. - Top - End - #1295
    Titan in the Playground

The story started with the premise of people who get unique special powers in return for becoming super weak in contact with saltwater...
    Yep, and we'll learn why it has to be water. Not just salt water, any water, that depowers Devil Fruit users.

...And they all decide to become either marines or pirates and live at the sea. (except for sandman who was smart enough to settle in the biggest desert he could find).
    No they don't. We just see the ones that do because that's what our main characters interact with. Not only that but what else would you become in a world that is a ton of islands? Those seem like both really solid professions.

Main way of long-distance communication are magic snails.
    Yep. Just because one thing is silly doesn't mean I can't criticize another thing for being silly, absurd or ridiculous.

Then the protagonist got a cyborg powered by beer
    Soda. That's not a 4kids thing. Franky is powered by soda.

and women training makes their breasts bigger.
    Which isn't a thing. Robin and Nami got older (and Oda got a wife.)

Recently they defeated one of the main antagonists with a really good cake.
    Except they didn't. The cake, while she was in a food rage, distracted her. I wouldn't say anyone defeated Big Mom. The Strawhats ran and she's chasing. The defeat of Big Mom hasn't happened yet.

The story has always run on an heavy amount of silly.
    Sure but see above. Just because that's the case doesn't mean other cases can't be rejected or criticized.

6. - Top - End - #1296
    Ogre in the Playground

Yep, and we'll learn why it has to be water. Not just salt water, any water, that depowers Devil Fruit users.
    Nope, since Luffy could still use his powers when making himself wet against sandman.

Plus would mean getting bloodied would make you lose your fruit powers which would mean most fights would've ended a lot faster.

No they don't. We just see the ones that do because that's what our main characters interact with. Not only that but what else would you become in a world that is a ton of islands? Those seem like both really solid professions.
    Piracy is a "solid" profession now? I can buy that the marines offer great retirement and health packages and whatnot, but I highly doubt pirates do so. We've met exactly one dude who remembered he could use his fruit power to get a big honest business going where he doesn't need to personally fight, and he's represented as some silly man anyway.

Soda. That's not a 4kids thing. Franky is powered by soda.
    Still silly.

Which isn't a thing. Robin and Nami got older (and Oda got a wife.)
    Nami may be a stretch as a quite late bloomer, but Robin was already more than a full grown adult.

Except they didn't. The cake, while she was in a food rage, distracted her. I wouldn't say anyone defeated Big Mom. The Strawhats ran and she's chasing. The defeat of Big Mom hasn't happened yet.
    The strawhat pirates crashed in her main domain and ran away with plenty of loot while suffering zero casualities, that's a clean win by pirate standards. Big momma's out for revenge precisely because she was defeated as a pirate.

7. - Top - End - #1297
    Titan in the Playground

Nope, since Luffy could still use his powers when making himself wet against sandman.
    Yep. We've been over this. Devil Fruit users can get wet. That's how they can shower. This isn't even conjecture. You're just plain wrong. Oda himself has said that it's any kind of water.

Quote Originally Posted by SBS Vol 41, Chapter 398, page 206
    D: Odacchi! Here's a question for you! Crocodile can't fight water because he's "sand," right? Then how does he bathe?! Does he at all?! That's filthy!! Do you bathe, Odacchi? by Crocodile's Mother

O: First of all, let's discuss the problem of Devil Fruit users bathing themselves. People who have eaten a Devil Fruit are "hated" by the sea, and cannot swim. The "sea" here can refer to anything from rivers, pools and baths to any kind of standing water. On a worldwide level, they are all the "sea." When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all. Therefore, hip baths or showers are the most common choice. Now, in Crocodile's case, "water" is the weakness of his very powers, so his abilities are robbed even in the shower. But it's not like there are enemies around when you take a shower, so I'd bet he would take them even with his powers being blocked. Don't you think? ---And to answer your final question, about myself bathing. As it happens, I do bathe. Twice! In a year!
    Plus would mean getting bloodied would make you lose your fruit powers which would mean most fights would've ended a lot faster.
    Blood isn't water for one. It also isn't enough water to rob you of your powers outright.

Piracy is a "solid" profession now?
    In the world of One Piece it is. Like, one of the most solid professions. You think if Buggy wasn't an idiot he couldn't retire off his pirate business?

I can buy that the marines offer great retirement and health packages and whatnot, but I highly doubt pirates do so. We've met exactly one dude who remembered he could use his fruit power to get a big honest business going where he doesn't need to personally fight, and he's represented as some silly man anyway.
    Again. We don't see the people that the Strawhats don't interact with or will interact with. The fact we don't see Joe Bob the Flame Fruit wielder that uses his powers as a cook doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Still silly.
    Not disagreeing. Still doesn't matter.

Nami may be a stretch as a quite late bloomer, but Robin was already more than a full grown adult.
    Yep, she was. Still doesn't matter since the art upgrades.

The strawhat pirates crashed in her main domain and ran away with plenty of loot while suffering zero casualities, that's a clean win by pirate standards. Big momma's out for revenge precisely because she was defeated as a pirate.
    They succeeded in going in to do what they planned on doing which is steal the Road Glyph. They didn't defeat Big Mom. With a cake or without. You can succeed and still lose. Hell, you can do everything correctly, 100% of the time and still lose. Accomplishing your goal just means you accomplish your goal. It doesn't mean you win.

8. - Top - End - #1298
    Titan in the Playground

Yep, she was. Still doesn't matter since the art upgrades.
    Diet can suposedly do a lot for cup size as well. Sanji makes extremely good food.
    I guess Robin are just lucky that it goes to the bust instead of the waist ?

They succeeded in going in to do what they planned on doing which is steal the Road Glyph. They didn't defeat Big Mom. With a cake or without. You can succeed and still lose. Hell, you can do everything correctly, 100% of the time and still lose. Accomplishing your goal just means you accomplish your goal. It doesn't mean you win.
    Hmm.. i would actually say Big Mom lost here. Even if she didnt get defeated directly.
    But what is winning other than accomplishing your goals?
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

9. - Top - End - #1299
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Diet can suposedly do a lot for cup size as well. Sanji makes extremely good food.

Hmm.. i would actually say Big Mom lost here. Even if she didnt get defeated directly.
    In some ways she won, in others she lost. She won in that she defeated the straw hats and sent them fleeing. She lost in that two of her best got defeated, her stronghold took a lot of damage, and her prestige and reputation took a large hit just from the fact that there was someone ballsy enough to attack, and skilled enough to get away. Even if it did require a ludicrous series of events to turn out that way. So long as luffy lives, her reputation and the threat of her actions is reduced. "Oh god, Big Mom is coming!" Becomes, "Big Mom is coming? Didnt her best troops get stomped by some relative rookie?"
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

10. - Top - End - #1300
    Ogre in the Playground

Wasn't Robin away from Sanji during those 2 years her chest suddenly grew several sizes?

Indeed. A win's a win, pick up the chips and leave the table before your luck runs out.

Plus as Traab pointed out, big momma's reputation took a massive hit. The strawhat pirates even looted one of her special servants after all.

While Luffy's reputation skyrocketed with his bounty growing almost as much as Robin's breasts.
    Last edited by deuterio12; 2018-11-16 at 10:59 AM.

11. - Top - End - #1301

Out of curiosity, HOW MUCH info got out about what the straw hats and friends did? Like, what sort of details were included? That luffy took down two of the three sweet commanders, including katakuri? That they caused tons of damage and the straw hats escaped all alive? Because really its all varying levels of bad depending on just how explicit the details were. As a follow up, was she aware they got the copy of her ponyglyph? I know she caught brook in the act but did she ever learn he made a copy?

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

12. - Top - End - #1302
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Out of curiosity, HOW MUCH info got out about what the straw hats and friends did? Like, what sort of details were included? That luffy took down two of the three sweet commanders, including katakuri? That they caused tons of damage and the straw hats escaped all alive? Because really its all varying levels of bad depending on just how explicit the details were. As a follow up, was she aware they got the copy of her ponyglyph? I know she caught brook in the act but did she ever learn he made a copy?
    Remember Morgan's is in charge of the global media and he's a Luffy fanboy. He can fluff the story as much as he wanted even inventing facts since we know he has a history of that

He already called him the 5th Yonko.

13. - Top - End - #1303

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Remember Morgan's is in charge of the global media and he's a Luffy fanboy. He can fluff the story as much as he wanted even inventing facts since we know he has a history of that

He already called him the 5th Yonko.
    Yeah but what i wanted to know was how much info got out to the world. What specifics were covered other than "New Pirate Emperor Luffy and his crew attack mom, cause havoc, escape unscathed!"?

14. - Top - End - #1304
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah but what i wanted to know was how much info got out to the world. What specifics were covered other than "New Pirate Emperor Luffy and his crew attack mom, cause havoc, escape unscathed!"?
    What I mean is that it could contain anything. It won't include ponyglypf info because that's banned

It could literally have anything. It could even say Luffy personally fought big mam to a stalemate.

15. - Top - End - #1305
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Big Mom Defeated!! A New Emperor?!

Luffy-chan, wildest of the Supernovas, is at it again! The man responsible for the only prison break from Impel Down in its history and the defeat of Doflamingo has now bravely entered Big Mom's territory to settle an old score.

Under his command now are the Sun Pirates, Castle Pirates and Germa 66, that most evil of kingdoms. This brings Luffy's fleet up over 10 major pirste crews and a combined bounty of 50 billion!

Luffy defeated 2.5 billion worth of Big Mom's forces personally, and traded blows with the Yonko before stealing two of her crew members and jauntily left Big Mom's destroyed territory.

Whatever will the Fifth Yonko do next? There is no guessing at this point!"

My interpretation^
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2018-11-16 at 07:24 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1306

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    "Big Mom Defeated!! A New Emperor?!

Luffy-chan, wildest of the Supernovas, is at it again! The man responsible for the only prison break from Impel Down in its history and the defeat of Doflamingo has now bravely entered Big Mom's territory to settle an old score.

Under his command now are the Sun Pirates, Castle Pirates and Germa 66, that most evil of kingdoms. This brings Luffy's fleet up over 10 major pirste crews and a combined bounty of 50 billion!

Luffy defeated 2.5 billion worth of Big Mom's forces personally, and traded blows with the Yonko before stealing two of her crew members and jauntily left Big Mom's destroyed territory.

Whatever will the Fifth Yonko do next? There is no guessing at this point!"
    Ah there we go, thats some huge reputation destroying stuff right there. Not QUITE as bad as it could be. I mean, had he flat out said, "Defeating both Cracker and the legendary Katakuri in battle!" That would have been a huge deal, but with that phrasing it would be like saying "He took out nearly a billion berries in straw hat pirates!" where it could have meant he took out brook, franky, robin, ussop, and nami, versus saying he stomped zorro sanji and jinbe. One is clearly going to be a bigger deal than the others. Luffy COULD have taken out a dozen mid rankers to reach that total of big mom troops, but we know he took out 2 of her 3 best warriors. Obviously the second one would be the MOST damaging to get out.

But the phrasing was very interesting. It states he went to settle a score, then by listing what he accomplished people are going to assume he settled the score. Like this wasnt meant to defeat big mom, this was about payback, with the inference being he left because he was done doing what he wanted, not that he got chased away a half step away from the grim reaper. Dang she must be SUUUUUPER pissed if I can steal frankys tag line.

17. - Top - End - #1307
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Ah there we go, thats some huge reputation destroying stuff right there. Not QUITE as bad as it could be. I mean, had he flat out said, "Defeating both Cracker and the legendary Katakuri in battle!" That would have been a huge deal, but with that phrasing it would be like saying "He took out nearly a billion berries in straw hat pirates!" where it could have meant he took out brook, franky, robin, ussop, and nami, versus saying he stomped zorro sanji and jinbe. One is clearly going to be a bigger deal than the others. Luffy COULD have taken out a dozen mid rankers to reach that total of big mom troops, but we know he took out 2 of her 3 best warriors. Obviously the second one would be the MOST damaging to get out.

But the phrasing was very interesting. It states he went to settle a score, then by listing what he accomplished people are going to assume he settled the score. Like this wasnt meant to defeat big mom, this was about payback, with the inference being he left because he was done doing what he wanted, not that he got chased away a half step away from the grim reaper. Dang she must be SUUUUUPER pissed if I can steal frankys tag line.
    I made up that one as an example of yellow journalism, they haven't shown us the actual article. Sorry I didn't realize I hadn't said that :(

18. - Top - End - #1308

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I made up that one as an example of yellow journalism, they haven't shown us the actual article. Sorry I didn't realize I hadn't said that :(
    Awwww! So we dont know the exact article then, that sucks. I was curious to hear just how bad it was.

19. - Top - End - #1309
    Bugbear in the Playground

So, King, Queen, Jack... the fourth would be... Page?

Also, Blackbeard is looking more and more like himself.

20. - Top - End - #1310
    Barbarian in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    So, King, Queen, Jack... the fourth would be... Page?

Also, Blackbeard is looking more and more like himself.
    Technically if there is even going to be a fourth "card" it would have been Doflamingo, since his codename was Joker. The only other cards that people take special interest in are either the rules card or the Ace, but given a certain somebody's existence in another crew I doubt we'll see one of those.

21. - Top - End - #1311
    Titan in the Playground

We were also told Kaido just had 3 disasters.
    So they are already accounted for.
    Well we have seen that while Jack is tough, then he isnt likely able to measure up to the really powerful people at the utter peak of the pyramid.

And.. we then also got a chance to look in on what Blackbeard is up to.
    He is a horrible monster, but im still glad he kept his attitude of life being a grand show.
    Though less certain about how useful Shinyus new fruit is, for the type of opponents he is likely to face.

22. - Top - End - #1312
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    Technically if there is even going to be a fourth "card" it would have been Doflamingo, since his codename was Joker. The only other cards that people take special interest in are either the rules card or the Ace, but given a certain somebody's existence in another crew I doubt we'll see one of those.
    Diez (X) Drake could be the next in line, who went straight for Kaido upon reaching New World and is now one of his underling.

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    King's most likely an Ex Impel Down head, with his attire looking like Shiryu's and Magellan's, the skull motif similar to Blugoris, and the torture-loving aspect is similar to Sadi-chan. Boy does Oda love his fire/heat theme or power: Ace, Sabo, Oven, Sanji, Kaido, that one noncanon character, and now King.

Queen is... is he an Okama, or did he just take that title for the sake of rank? Doesn't seem to follow any particular theme, but I love the Manchu hair + Fu Manchu moustache pun that Oda went for.

It's pretty much set that Inuarashi, Shutenmaru, Jack, and likely Nekomamushi, are within the same league of each other.

Can't belive Oda killed Absalom just like that. I kinda liked the dude turning over a new leaf as a journalist. Whether Moria joins or not, at least I can now say that the BB crew has a new ship that can carry San Juan Wolf. I also love how Blackbeard is the piratest pirate to ever pirate in One Piece.
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

23. - Top - End - #1313
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, kind of sad about Absalom but I guess he served his purpose. And yes, not sure how well invisibility works against haki...
    I wonder if Moria will decide to be suicidal.. but I think we know he's an opportunist.
    Perona has become kind of cute.
    It's kind of nice to see Teach just lay low and enjoy life while everybody else is killing each other.

Don't know what to say about the Wano stuff. I guess we now know the top of Kaido's army.. I still have no idea how anyone plans to take him down.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

24. - Top - End - #1314

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Yeah, kind of sad about Absalom but I guess he served his purpose. And yes, not sure how well invisibility works against haki...
    I wonder if Moria will decide to be suicidal.. but I think we know he's an opportunist.
    Perona has become kind of cute.
    It's kind of nice to see Teach just lay low and enjoy life while everybody else is killing each other.

Don't know what to say about the Wano stuff. I guess we now know the top of Kaido's army.. I still have no idea how anyone plans to take him down.
    Spoiler
    Show
    GEAR FIVE AWAKENED GUM GUM NO APOCALYPSE GUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In all seriousness I fully expect it to be very big momish. They discover some sort of weakness that can be used to distract kaido, and luffy unleashes yet another version of his gear 4. He probably doesnt personally do much damage, if any, to kaido at all, but he still gets a sort of victory through taking down most of kaidos big name forces and escapes with what he is after. If he is going to straight up defeat a yonko, for some reason i dont expect kaido will be the first. Heck he may "win" by getting kaido to abandon wano to chase after him and his crew. Allowing momo and friends to reestablish control.

25. - Top - End - #1315
    Titan in the Playground

I though about it some more, and realised that Haki is not likely to work to well at spotting the invisibility fruit.
    At least not if we accept that it was Absalom who saved Moria from Flamingo's ambush.
    And that Flamingo is able to use observation haki.

That would suddenly make it an absurdly effective fruit on someone thats already a walking killing machine.

26. - Top - End - #1316
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Given Kaido's history of captivity and escapes from WG territory, along with his more recently revealed desire to have strong people on his crew, having what looks like a former head jailer of Impel Down as one of his number 2's seems interesting.

27. - Top - End - #1317
    Bugbear in the Playground

Also, I just realised that Moria attacked a home base of a Yonko to try to get his crewman back.

28. - Top - End - #1318
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by Braininthejar2 View Post
    Also, I just realised that Moria attacked a home base of a Yonko to try to get his crewman back.
    Not surprising, considering the same person was claimed in his prime to be Kaido's rival.

I'm now wondering whether the claim was factually correct or just another Morgan-ism. If the former, Kaido must have broken his will (ie what haki is based off of) to so much extent that the upstart SH crew of 2 years was ago was able to handle him just fine. And if so, it's quite possible he got the Shichibukai deal prior to losing his crew, which makes Jimbei OHKO-ing him and Doffy telling him that he no longer belongs to the warlords' league much more meaningful.

29. - Top - End - #1319

I though about it some more, and realised that Haki is not likely to work to well at spotting the invisibility fruit.
    At least not if we accept that it was Absalom who saved Moria from Flamingo's ambush.
    And that Flamingo is able to use observation haki.

That would suddenly make it an absurdly effective fruit on someone thats already a walking killing machine.
    I agree with this. Imagine someone like zorro or mihawk being able to also become invisible as well as having their absurd combat ability? On its own turning invisible isnt a huge deal, but slap it on a highly skilled warrior and it gets really scary really fast. And while observation would likely work on sensing incoming attacks, not being able to see them easily would make it even harder to deal with. Also wow, the thriller bark thing with absalom and nami was pretty screwed up. Watching the clips on youtube made me wonder if the age rating was going to rise on it. I didnt realize those scenes were quite that explicit.

30. - Top - End - #1320
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah.. that is actually true, and almost a suicidal rampage from Moria's side.
    Being Kaido's former rival can explain why he isnt really intimidated by the Yonko title.
    And there is also a rather good chance that back then Kaido had not yet claimed that title himself.

Though at the same time, Moria's shadow power is dangerous enough that he would not directly need Haki to fight a younger Kaido.
    But if we go with the theory that he fell from his prime, then it is very possible that Kaido killing his crew broke his will.

I mean, we saw what just thinking he had lost his crew did to Luffy. If Kaido cared just as much for his crew, then it would likely do it.
    (and that is not impossible. He did pull a Luffy by assulting Blackbeards base)
    Because at the same time, Moria did prove to be an immensely tough fight, that were in the end only won because Luffy got a shadow
    powerup.