New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Overlord Styled Sandbox (IC)- Guild Golden Star (Now a Solo Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf69 View Post
    Robert looks at the snake creature that is the acting supper visor of the farmer snake creatures. As he looks at the mage and Says ask it to take us to this mistress Hesychia.

As she then looks at the snake creature and says "My master requests that you lead us to the one referred to as Mistress Hesychia. Do not worry we will not be hostile unless provoked. This might even be the start of a profitable relation ship if she is cleaver."

As Robert looks over to the priestess and tells her when we meet this mistress of there cast the tongues spell, on me so I can more easily deal with her directly." As he gets a nod in response. As he is still on his guard.
    "It is unfortunate but my duties will prevent me from taking you personally" replies the supervisor in his politest tone "I can however take you and your company to the gates and get you in contact with those who can".

You and your thralls are lead to the gates to the city proper, reinforced wood built into stone. External guard units consist of another form of serpent-men burlier, traditionally bipedal, and cobra headed creatures with snake tails. Their russet hoods expanding on their awareness of you all. Nearing the open gates yet more creatures emerge under the command of an armoured human. You can see him sigh as he looks further back at you all before you reach speaking distance.

"And what have we here?" comments the human man.

"Travelers seek an audience with mistress Hesychia, sir" speaks your latest guide.

"We can take it from here. Return to your duties." with that the serpent-man bows his head and leaves.

"Now." continues the human "Can I have whoever is in charge here step forward please. First I must tell you a group of unknowns this large will have to receive permission from the tribunal and afterword processing will take some time. Now bring yourself and any essential servants and follow me. We need to ask you some questions before you can wander freely."

Inside:
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just ignore this if you change events so this doesn't work. Questions will be answered on the way

Following you are brought to a guardhouse that form a chamber between the gate and the city proper. You and any thralls accompanying are frisked for weapons or other such dangerous items but beyond a reminder to avoid 'funny business' your rapier is not commented on.

The guard calls out as you walk to your destination for help with writing in a newcomer. A woman's voice up ahead agrees to help.

Show
    If you or a following thrall are hiding any items on them take a Slight of Hand check

After than You and each thrall with you are one by one taken to a smallish unadorned room with a stool and desk to sit on in the centre and another desk and stool with a pile of tablets or something similar atop it. Accompanying the human guard is a medusa one that was waiting for you all.

The medusa walks up to you and unfolds the tablet to show a 'book' of two wax tablets in a stone frame before putting it on the desk you sit at.

"Right, we just need your print and then officer Hernce will go through a few questions before you can be on your way".

"I will be guiding him to the upper spiral." adds the other guard, Hernce, to his co-worker before facing you. "You are looking mistress Hesychia, yes"?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

As the guard Asks for the leader to step forward. (This is in common now, right or under common) Bloodraven decides to humor him as he was just doing his job as the as walks forward. With his hands behind his back signaling the wizard and sword maiden and the cleric to accompany him. As a party of three. As he turns to the guard saying “Given that my company does not know the area is there anywhere near by to water and feed the horses well the others wait.” As he looks at the mage, he is leavening he says to her “You might as well, find some were to set up a camp. This could be a while given how much Bureaucracy we will have to deal with.”

As he goes with the guards, he allows them to frisk and him and does not give away any real info about the magic items he has like his gloves.

Given that he is very confident both his skills and powers. He diced to not try anything funny for now. But when seeing the Medusa. Look he knows to avoid looking at her eyes. As he says to her “A Medusa now this is a surprise. And a very attritive one at that.” As he tries to charm a shake woman. But were is my manours by name is Bloodraven. Yours my dear?”

Answering Here's question. "Yes, I asked the overseer of the serpent people in the fields to take me to how is in charge they named this mistress Hesychia if you don’t mind me asking what are you willing to tell me about her? As I am surprised that that they speak under common and yet on the surface."

3. - Top - End - #63

NecromancerGuy

Show
    They are speaking undercommon.

Also by horse I assume you mean beetle?

As the guard Asks for the leader to step forward. (This is in common now, right or under common) Bloodraven decides to humor him as he was just doing his job as the as walks forward. With his hands behind his back signaling the wizard and sword maiden and the cleric to accompany him. As a party of three. As he turns to the guard saying “Given that my company does not know the area is there anywhere near by to water and feed the horses well the others wait.” As he looks at the mage, he is leavening he says to her “You might as well, find some were to set up a camp. This could be a while given how much Bureaucracy we will have to deal with.”
    "Water and feed will be provided for your animals should bookkeeping end up taking long enough, same idea with the people still waiting. That should be just after mid-rote." details Hernce. "Stables and lodging will be for rent inside".

As he goes with the guards, he allows them to frisk and him and does not give away any real info about the magic items he has like his gloves.

Given that he is very confident both his skills and powers. He diced to not try anything funny for now. But when seeing the Medusa. Look he knows to avoid looking at her eyes. As he says to her “A Medusa now this is a surprise. And a very attritive one at that.” As he tries to charm a shake woman. But were is my manours by name is Bloodraven. Yours my dear?”
    "Nice try," the medusa says flatly before directing your gaze back to the softer looking of the wax tablets "Handprint. Here." she prompts.

Answering Here's question. "Yes, I asked the overseer of the serpent people in the fields to take me to how is in charge they named this mistress Hesychia if you don’t mind me asking what are you willing to tell me about her? As I am surprised that that they speak under common and yet on the surface."
    Show
    Actually you are underground. The whole city is.

After your poorly received efforts at flirting Hernce replies with a short burst of laughter.

"Well she's what you'd to expect from a noble. Talk was she was looking to take a seat on the tribunal once but these days seems content to spread her resources around. Back to business though. After we get your print we need a record of your race and what brings you here".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

4. - Top - End - #64

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Well, there should also be a few horses as well. but I am also referring to the beetle. I have a total of 9 wagons 16 horses 1 beetle.

BloodRaven shrugs knowing that to judge a noble on a case by case bases. But that little incite of gossip was interesting. He then gets back to the paperwork saying “Race Pixie, Reason For being here, business and some resupply. Now were do you want me to sine.”
    As he sines his name on the tablet.
    As he waits for what comes next.
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2019-05-02 at 12:15 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Well, there should also be a few horses as well. but I am also referring to the beetle. I have a total of 9 wagons 16 horses 1 beetle.
    Show
    I had missed that.

BloodRaven shrugs knowing that to judge a noble on a case by case bases. But that little incite of gossip was interesting. He then gets back to the paperwork saying “Race Pixie, Reason For being here, business and some resupply. Now were do you want me to sine.”
    As he sines his name on the tablet.
    As he waits for what comes next.
    Show
    Actually what is being asked for is Blood Ravens handprint in the wax, but there was a bit to sign his name anyway.

"No. Your hand print. Press down here in the wax." explains the medusa slowly and on the verge of condensation. As this happens she walks around you and starts filling in the other boxes in the wax below you name, looking at the tablet while 'facing' you with the serpentine projections she has in place of hair.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

6. - Top - End - #66

WolfInSheepsClothing

With a smile on his he asks the gorgon “What is so interesting my dear ?” As he wonders to him self is she a Psionic ? As he then with a very bold smile on his face asks. “My dear do you gamble? For if there is an adventures guild hall in this city ?”

As the sword maiden and cleric just rolling their eyes. As they both know what he was up to. With the mage face palming saying saying “Master I don't think she is into you. and I should apologies for my master. He is a scoundrel. And is a very powerful fighter and psionic. Just as I am a very powerful in the arcane arts. But at least he tries to make things, sporting. Something about he gets more pleasure knowing that defeat is a possibility. Desires I feel pity on for who every you will pick if you call him up on it as he will just dance around him and repeatably disarm him. making him look like a fool. Just so you know how dangerous my master is. On a scale of one to twenty. Your average medusa is a seven he is a twenty-five But your average pixie is a five or six. Or would you like me to repeat that statement in a zone of truth.”

Bloodraven looks at his companion. “You know my dear you are to honest for your own good. And that jealousy streak will get us all into more complications. The fact that we are new to the region and making friends has it’s advantages.”

Bloodraven looks at the snake heads with a looking like his about to preform a face palm saying. “Well that kind of takes the fun out of what I had in mind. Any other questions my dear."

7. - Top - End - #67

NecromancerGuy

With a smile on his he asks the gorgon “What is so interesting my dear ?” As he wonders to him self is she a Psionic ? As he then with a very bold smile on his face asks. “My dear do you gamble? For if there is an adventures guild hall in this city ?”

As the sword maiden and cleric just rolling their eyes. As they both know what he was up to. With the mage face palming saying saying “Master I don't think she is into you. and I should apologies for my master. He is a scoundrel. And is a very powerful fighter and psionic. Just as I am a very powerful in the arcane arts. But at least he tries to make things, sporting. Something about he gets more pleasure knowing that defeat is a possibility. Desires I feel pity on for who every you will pick if you call him up on it as he will just dance around him and repeatably disarm him. making him look like a fool. Just so you know how dangerous my master is. On a scale of one to twenty. Your average medusa is a seven he is a twenty-five But your average pixie is a five or six. Or would you like me to repeat that statement in a zone of truth.”

Bloodraven looks at his companion. “You know my dear you are to honest for your own good. And that jealousy streak will get us all into more complications. The fact that we are new to the region and making friends has it’s advantages.”
    "Please." sighs the medusa "When taking your master by the temple district, assuming he finishes the necessary bookkeeping, do keep him on short reins around the guards. It is preferable for everyone he not be forced to spend the next few centuries adorning the statue gardens".

Bloodraven looks at the snake heads with a looking like his about to preform a face palm saying. “Well that kind of takes the fun out of what I had in mind. Any other questions my dear."
    Show
    Just to double check are you having Bloodraven intentionally try and avoid giving the handprint or are you forgetting to note down you do it?

"Listen." says the medusa turning to face you "Just put your print in the book. If you are here just to flirt or what have you please stop and note that any further attempt will be classed as waiting the time of an official and will make you subject to fines".

The good news is there is no attempted petrification in her gaze.

To complete the bad cop=good cop pair Hernce looks over and speaks up.

"Look, I no not know if this is some fey issue like with handing out a true name or something like that but we need your handprint to licence you to enter".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

8. - Top - End - #68

WolfInSheepsClothing

OCC No just keeps forgetting to note down that he did it.

Looking at Hence As Bloodraven finishing out the Paperwork. (with a thumbprint) saying. "That would be Devils and some demons."

OCC: I think I will try and give the four main Followers more personality at a later time. or when I can find a better opportunity for some more character-driven humour.
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2019-05-30 at 12:43 PM.

9. - Top - End - #69

NecromancerGuy

OCC No just keeps forgetting to note down that he did it.

Looking at Hence As Bloodraven finishing out the Paperwork. (with a thumbprint) saying. "That would be Devils and some demons."

OCC: I think I will try and give the four main Followers more personality at a later time. or when I can find a better opportunity for some more character-driven humour.
    "Right, with that we just need to write your own papers displaying right of transit within the city." states a pleased Hernce before turning to the medusa. "Rux, can you finish up with the others"?

"That should be fine." replies the medusa, Rux apparently, even if that sounds more a shorthand than her given name.

"Right, miss" said medusa states while facing your swordmaiden "take the seat please".

While the two of them talk Hernce directs you away from the desk to stand by where he is at the other desk in the corner filling your name into a card-like object. It is not long until it is finished and handed to you. It is almost like cardboard in texture but glossy in appearance, almost like some modern earth-based polymer than what would bee expected of a fantasy setting.

While you wait for your swordmaiden to finish Hernce fills you in on a few more legal specifications.
    "As you seem new to things down here I'll remind you on what this little paper means. First you are free to enter ad leave the city as you please, just show the card to the guards. While within our walls you are held to our laws but should find no issue, just avoid making a problem of yourself and you will be fine. There are only really three matters of significance to note. First someone with a travellers pass, such as yourself, are required to assist the cities efforts at defending ourselves should the attack happen while you are within our walls. Failure to attend muster is a crime but those who fight are monetarily compensated and will have healers and lodgings provided for any resulting injury. More important is that you are limited in engaging in transactions worth over then thousand glit, although multiple travellers can combine this limit for shared purchases. Second you are barred from formal emplacement that extend beyond fifteen cycles or one commission, whichever is appropriate. The type of pass you possess any be changed should you qualify for it. Do you understand"?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

10. - Top - End - #70

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looking at Hence. With a blank look on her face. He says “Let’s start with the basics. I think we may want to stop at an establishment that changes coins. All I have is gold coins equivalent to eastern gold Eastern coins. I understand that I have a spending of a thousand gilt. But What is a gilt the equivalent to what copper coins, silver? I think you can understand my slight confusion being not form to the region.

Also, just how big is fifteen cycles or one commission is anyway?

But I do get that the limits, the transactions ones are negotiable.

Also any bylaws about magic I should be made aware of ?”

As he waits for a reply.

11. - Top - End - #71

NecromancerGuy

Looking at Hence. With a blank look on her face. He says “Let’s start with the basics. I think we may want to stop at an establishment that changes coins. All I have is gold coins equivalent to eastern gold Eastern coins. I understand that I have a spending of a thousand gilt. But What is a gilt the equivalent to what copper coins, silver? I think you can understand my slight confusion being not form to the region.
    "It's ten thousand" replies Hernce "Otherwise a very wealthy immigrant may be unable to afford the house they want".

"Exchanges can be worked out at the bank. Working out different currencies is probably better done at the one in the upper tiers, just past the temples. The can answer you questions better".

Also, just how big is fifteen cycles or one commission is anyway?

But I do get that the limits, the transactions ones are negotiable.
    "More used to up above?" questions Hernce "A cycles the equivalent of a... day? I don't know the exact comparison".

Also any bylaws about magic I should be made aware of ?”

As he waits for a reply.
    "Well creating life or imitations of it with or from magic is restricted. Commoners are to make nothing free willed and golems and the like require written permission and the oversight of a relevant official. There is an exception for homunculi, at one per person. No conjuring of anything fiendish and able to disobey orders or otherwise liable to escape and cause trouble. This means imps too. Fiendish familiars are banned too".

"Lets see, what else. Ah, yes. No magical effects that coat an area for longer than an hour, other than those that exist as summoning preparations. And no curses. Lastly the creation of all magic items are to be reported and are to contain a crafters mark placed by any means suitable by the creator to record it's distribution. Items lacking such a mark cannot be bought or sold within the city unless over a thousand years old".

Meanwhile:
    The medusa and the swordmaiden are getting the next net of papers sorted.

"So them miss. Name, race, and reason for visiting?" the medusa stands with the wax book before prints are to be taken.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

12. - Top - End - #72

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nodding to Hence that he under stands the laws on magic as explained. He says “Yes, I under stand, plan on doing anything drastic, or as porously listed I may want to send a potation to your commission. considering both me and the female mage in the next room are very capable of casting magic of the ninth tire. Could only imagine the paper work. For an astral construct. If you are not familiar, they are a type of golem grown form crystals. And that explanation is over simplifying it.”

In the other room. The mage gets up putting her finger up saying to the Medusa in Under common. “My apologise. She does not understand under common. Do you mind if I translate, and assist the other two? Or would you like the company of your master? I undersand that he do to how his power he can be at times hard to deal with.” As she smiles knowing full well that she would rather deal with her.

As she starts assisting the sword maiden as she puts in common her full name, and that she is human and that she is Bloodraven’s bodyguard. And then puts her finger prints were asked.

13. - Top - End - #73

NecromancerGuy

Nodding to Hence that he under stands the laws on magic as explained. He says “Yes, I under stand, plan on doing anything drastic, or as porously listed I may want to send a potation to your commission. considering both me and the female mage in the next room are very capable of casting magic of the ninth tire. Could only imagine the paper work. For an astral construct. If you are not familiar, they are a type of golem grown form crystals. And that explanation is over simplifying it.”
    "Well if the thing will exist permanently then you will need to go through the proper channels, yes. Temporary unthinking beings have no restrictions".

"Temporary being classified as one cycle or less as I recall." Adds Hernce a second later.

In the other room. The mage gets up putting her finger up saying to the Medusa in Under common. “My apologise. She does not understand under common. Do you mind if I translate, and assist the other two? Or would you like the company of your master? I undersand that he do to how his power he can be at times hard to deal with.” As she smiles knowing full well that she would rather deal with her.

As she starts assisting the sword maiden as she puts in common her full name, and that she is human and that she is Bloodraven’s bodyguard. And then puts her finger prints were asked.
    "That is fine." Replies the medusa to the offer to needed translation.

Soon the second of those present is done.

"Would you like to go next then?" The medusa asks the mage.

Soon:
    Show
    Just skipping ahead. Feel free to continue replying to the above if you were planning another of Bloodraven's entourage to do something.

Finally with all of you licenced and done being stuck in customs you are all led to the city proper by the medusa while Herce gets you a guide.

The interior wall opens out into a wide street with many alleys branching off down the length. a great many buildings are carved into the stone instead of being constructed separately. The people are a mix of humans, medusae, and the serpent men. The last seem primarily servile in their responses with others.

As you wait with your companions and animals your guide, a guard in full uniform shows themselves. The squat human identifies himself as Legar.

"Right so you plan to visit mistress Hesychia? Anything you need to do before that? Stables? I think Hernce said something about the bank"?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

14. - Top - End - #74

WolfInSheepsClothing

With the ladies going and finishing up the paperwork. Bloodraven gets the feeling that these people do not know much about his powers. As if they were very rare.

As the Medusa and the mage go through the paperwork as they finish up.

When he meets his guide Legar. Bloodraven shakes his hand saying yes. The bank would probably be a very good place to start. So, I can change some coins to make some arrangements for the animals and the rest of my party. Then we will see if Mistress Hesychia is taking visitors? Unless you have any recommendations. I am not sure of the customs of this area. I would hate to offend her by accident.” As he comments with a smile on his face.

As he is very relaxed about what is going on. To him, this should just be an easy run of the mill business meeting as everyone has something that she really wants and is having problems getting it. And with his powers he could make a very powerful friend.

15. - Top - End - #75

NecromancerGuy

When he meets his guide Legar. Bloodraven shakes his hand saying yes. The bank would probably be a very good place to start. So, I can change some coins to make some arrangements for the animals and the rest of my party. Then we will see if Mistress Hesychia is taking visitors? Unless you have any recommendations. I am not sure of the customs of this area. I would hate to offend her by accident.” As he comments with a smile on his face.

As he is very relaxed about what is going on. To him, this should just be an easy run of the mill business meeting as everyone has something that she really wants and is having problems getting it. And with his powers he could make a very powerful friend.
    "Upper tiers are this way." begins Legar "I can fill you in while we walk. Anyway introductions to Mistress Hesychia would begin with asking through the appropriate channels. You will get sent up to some kin or craft of hers who has the authority to get you a meeting".

"What manner of business is it you have with her anyway? agricultural opportunities would point you a different direction than her military or mercantile ventures".

You and company have been led gradually uphill. Shops of a more upmarket sort fill your left while your right looks to spread out into a number of paths forming what would translate as upper middle-class housing; Bare rock tiled or covered in different, likely imported, stones. Even ivy's and ferns made of snakes providing shades of green, red, and blue to the neighbourhood.

In front is a metal gate being opened by a squad of the brutish serpent-guards you encountered earlier.

The prescience of guards doubles-down from here. You are clearly entering the properly wealthy parts of the city and the streets are clearly a show of it's wealth. Pearlescent tiles and white stone make the boarder sharp and clear even without the gate and beyond the prior district there is now frescos lining some of the walls alongside frescos.

"Shortcut to the central bank is up ahead, through the second alleyway to the right." your guide adds.

The ally is not much less opulent than the main streets but here and there the bare grey rock that underpins the city is seen in an arch or worn stone. One arterial path later and you are on a curving main street and apparently being given the grand tour.

"Coming up on out left is the central Koukiopolos alchemy shop for all your needs in portable healing, pest control, and travel needs. Followed by the same families cartographer, as well as source of writing and art supplies. Now just inset into the stone afterword is the bank which should just be coming into sight".

"Oh, did you have any last questions on Mistress Hesychia"?

Inside:
    The building was lined with marble outside and inside is a simple but functional affair. Staffed by serpent-men of the civilian and guard varieties there are three lines, one each for deposits, withdrawals, and exchanges, alongside a further counter marked 'enquiries'.

The building is relatively busy with things going about as expected, the formian withdrawing a significant sack full of coins and leaving being the strangest sight.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

16. - Top - End - #76

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looking at his guide he says “Let's start with the contact for her mercantile ventures, then her, military ventures. Just so there is a plan B. Also I understand that magic is common does the city use or builds air ships, or is that most of the city does not have access to that level of magic ?”
    As the ladies look around considering we can guess your plan C.

As he takes the tour. Bloodraven looks at his guide and then asks. “ Hence Mentioned that she was looking for a seat on the tribunal once but these days seems content to spread her resources around. Any ventures worth of gossip that two high level mages and some skilled warriors could make a very large impact well publicly looking like we did absolutely nothing. For a thousand battle and a thousand victories is not skillful wining a battle with out a fight is very skillful. If you understand my meaning.

When he finally gets to the bank, as he then goes to the goes to the enquiries when it is finally his turn he smiles at the clerk and says "Yes I would like to find out some infomation. Now I am told that these coins are viewed as the equivilent to eastern gold coins, but I would like to conferm that your establishment will except them and what is the exchange rate?" As he shows her one of his gold coins.

he goes into the exchange line looking at the poor clerk as he Handy Haversack and says hovering to be level Eye contact with the snake creature. “I know this might take a while to count out and exchange but 5,000 gold coins the equivalent of Eastern Gold. As he then starts take out smaller coin bags saying 1000, 2000, 3,000 – and that should make 5,000 gold. As he neatly places them on his desk. As he knows dam well, he just painted a target on his back. As the scoundrel in him is thinking let the games begin.
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2019-07-28 at 10:16 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77

NecromancerGuy

Looking at his guide he says “Let's start with the contact for her mercantile ventures, then her, military ventures. Just so there is a plan B. Also I understand that magic is common does the city use or builds air ships, or is that most of the city does not have access to that level of magic ?”
    As the ladies look around considering we can guess your plan C.
    "Will do" Sys Legar, making a mental note.

"And airships? They have those up top?" he asks.

As he takes the tour. Bloodraven looks at his guide and then asks. “ Hence Mentioned that she was looking for a seat on the tribunal once but these days seems content to spread her resources around. Any ventures worth of gossip that two high level mages and some skilled warriors could make a very large impact well publicly looking like we did absolutely nothing. For a thousand battle and a thousand victories is not skillful wining a battle with out a fight is very skillful. If you understand my meaning.
    "Looking for goodwill to grease the wheels with your matter with Mistress Hesychia?" asks your guide conspiratorially. We've had problems with organised vandals. They don't much like the violence in our arena and have decided to protest with violence of their own. Genius move that is. Well after the last games they smashed up shops belonging to those nobles who offered patronage and sent new blood, such as one Mistress Hesychia. Dealing with them would make friends for someone looking to.

When he finally gets to the bank, as he then goes to the goes to the enquiries when it is finally his turn he smiles at the clerk and says "Yes I would like to find out some infomation. Now I am told that these coins are viewed as the equivilent to eastern gold coins, but I would like to conferm that your establishment will except them and what is the exchange rate?" As he shows her one of his gold coins.
    The snake-man keeps eye contact just below yours as he talks. "I will just be in the back a moment." he replies with a nod.

He returns with a book written on velum and featuring a few loose or added pages.

"A moment please, we must see if these line up with anything know first." After some fifteen minutes it comes back a negative.

"Now just to measure their value." continues the clerk "What did you say these were called and where were they from"?

Soon:
    "I can confirm the value of your currency. They indeed are even with eastern standard and the local glit. The glit divides into three tri which are themselves ten drop".

"Also when taking these to exchanges can you pass them this?" he hands you a sip of paper with the name and origin of the coins you showed and some other business talk that amounts to 'put these to the side for logging'.

he goes into the exchange line looking at the poor clerk as he Handy Haversack and says hovering to be level Eye contact with the snake creature. “I know this might take a while to count out and exchange but 5,000 gold coins the equivalent of Eastern Gold. As he then starts take out smaller coin bags saying 1000, 2000, 3,000 – and that should make 5,000 gold. As he neatly places them on his desk. As he knows dam well, he just painted a target on his back. As the scoundrel in him is thinking let the games begin.
    Show
    Are you exchanging 5,000 gold in total or a bag each of 5,000, 2,000, and 1,000? I can't quite tell by what was written.

Or perhaps put out 6,000 gold intentionally to see if you will be cheated?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

18. - Top - End - #78

WolfInSheepsClothing

"And airships? They have those up top?" Legar asks.
    Not even batting an eye Blood Raven replies “In my homeland it is a common sight to see the Air ships of powerful guilds. I was a member of one such guild. And yes, I am familiar with many styles. Then agen it could also be arguable to just build a small keep and make that fly or teleport as well. But things like that are just a matter of time, resources and money.

"Looking for goodwill to grease the wheels with your matter with Mistress Hesychia?" asks your guide conspiratorially. “We've had problems with organised vandals. They don't much like the violence in our arena and have decided to protest with violence of their own. Genius move that is. Well after the last games they smashed up shops belonging to those nobles who offered patronage and sent new blood, such as one Mistress Hesychia. Dealing with them would make friends for someone looking to.”

“Lugar, I have been told before that martial Adepts, like my self are very rare. And hypothetically after pointing out the ring leader give a demonstration the combat abilities of a martial adept. But, if these guys are two weak, I could end up in a lot of political hot weter.” As he then smiles at Legar.

As the mage just shakes her head saying “Why not just arrange to call him out there ring leader to a public duel. We could even make some extra money, as I don’t think they with out seeing your abilities. Understand how such a small creature a pixie could be so deadly. Dueling is legal in the city, right? As I have a easy time you master as a for higher Judicial Champion and with a bit of reputation it pays very well.”

At the bank.
    As he takes the papers clerk. From the clerk saying thank you. As he then takes the bags of coins. And then goes to the exchanges line and when he finally gets to that clerk hands it. The paper then the 5 bags of 1000 gold coins. As he informs the clerk that most of it will be in Glit. But also takes the amount what was recommended to “Put these to the side for logging” were also taken care off.

As he then waits for the transaction to complete. Knowing full well he will have a lot of counting a head of him.

(OCC no think of it as him pulling out one bag and then another and so on and so forth. As he is placing these large bags of gold on the clerk's desk. Knowing full well someone is going to be counting.)

19. - Top - End - #79

NecromancerGuy

“Lugar, I have been told before that martial Adepts, like my self are very rare. And hypothetically after pointing out the ring leader give a demonstration the combat abilities of a martial adept. But, if these guys are two weak, I could end up in a lot of political hot weter.” As he then smiles at Legar.

As the mage just shakes her head saying “Why not just arrange to call him out there ring leader to a public duel. We could even make some extra money, as I don’t think they with out seeing your abilities. Understand how such a small creature a pixie could be so deadly. Dueling is legal in the city, right? As I have a easy time you master as a for higher Judicial Champion and with a bit of reputation it pays very well.”
    "Yes, given a days notice with the arena commission and a two tri charge for manpower before other expenses. You... um, you think the guy behind this would respond to a challenge"?

At the bank.
    As he takes the papers clerk. From the clerk saying thank you. As he then takes the bags of coins. And then goes to the exchanges line and when he finally gets to that clerk hands it. The paper then the 5 bags of 1000 gold coins. As he informs the clerk that most of it will be in Glit. But also takes the amount what was recommended to “Put these to the side for logging” were also taken care off.

As he then waits for the transaction to complete. Knowing full well he will have a lot of counting a head of him.

(OCC no think of it as him pulling out one bag and then another and so on and so forth. As he is placing these large bags of gold on the clerk's desk. Knowing full well someone is going to be counting.)
    You reach the front of the line in about fifteen minutes and it is another good few until the snake-man is done with the merchants scales double-checking the value of your coinage.

Now with your bags being counted things speed up dramatically. The clerk empties the bags two at a time and counts with different hands, eyes facing different ways like a chameleon. The living calculator is done in only a few minutes places your coins to the side and begins counting their equivalent value at an equally rapid pace and soon has your replaced coins in the same bags you originally handed over, slides them over to you, and places the gold coins you handed over in a tray below his desk. A few are kept aside and pit in a smaller box with the note the other employee gave you for getting the coins logged, all of different minting's.

Show
    For coins the breakdown is:
    Glit=1 Gold
    Tri= 1 silver and 3 Copper
    Drop= 1 Copper
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2019-08-14 at 02:35 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

20. - Top - End - #80

WolfInSheepsClothing

The wizard only smiles saying “I think that master Stormraven can easily provoke. Someone to wanting to attempt to legally murder him in the arena. But there is more then one way to go about it a silent suggestion spell should be more then enough to get him to agree. And after that I am very confident that Master stormraven will slaughter him in the area.”

StormRaven smiles as he says “Well we can finalise a plan. After the bank.”

When the transaction is complete, he says to the clerk. “Thank you.”

As they make there way outside. BloodRaven and his small group. Hold as the Swordmaiden asks.
    “Master, do you trust our local guide?”

Bloodraven says “No but for now, he is of use to us. Time will tell if we can trust him. the same way I plan on letting this Mistress use us. More as a smokescreen. And in time, it will be hard to tell how is using how.”

(OCC Unless you want to add a comment. By the NPC)

As they then make their way outside to rejoin their guide.

21. - Top - End - #81

NecromancerGuy

When the transaction is complete, he says to the clerk. “Thank you.”

As they make there way outside. BloodRaven and his small group. Hold as the Swordmaiden asks.
    “Master, do you trust our local guide?”

Bloodraven says “No but for now, he is of use to us. Time will tell if we can trust him. the same way I plan on letting this Mistress use us. More as a smokescreen. And in time, it will be hard to tell how is using how.”

(OCC Unless you want to add a comment. By the NPC)

As they then make their way outside to rejoin their guide.
    Your out-of-earshot guide nods politely as you all return.

"So, I believe it's off to see Mistress Hesychia then? Or do you want to see about fixing room and board alongside some stables? we'd have to double back but it seems important to arrange".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

22. - Top - End - #82

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadNecro5 View Post
    Your out-of-earshot guide nods politely as you all return.

"So, I believe it's off to see Mistress Hesychia then? Or do you want to see about fixing room and board alongside some stables? we'd have to double back but it seems important to arrange".
    BloodRaven nods his head as he says "It is but I am sure it would be best to see to my followers, First. Besides, I suspect that she will have us wait till she is ready anyway."

23. - Top - End - #83

NecromancerGuy

BloodRaven nods his head as he says "It is but I am sure it would be best to see to my followers, First. Besides, I suspect that she will have us wait till she is ready anyway."
    "Not unlikely" says Legar "So the Hesychia central holdings are a little way off".

Soon:
    About twenty five minutes later you find yourself at the combination offices and warehouse complex that dominates the area. The holdings were deeper into the nicer district you were in, into a side street into an are that seems devoted to storage thanks to all the warehouses.

There are stairs up to the first floor directly as you are lead around the route that avoids the path of the serpentine brute carrying loads and the humans or medusas shouting orders. The room is smallish, with chairs, a medusa clerk who looks in her early twenties, as least by human standards, and her desk. The only other occupants are a pair of the snake-guards- these ones showing better equipment and thicker scales than the norm.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

24. - Top - End - #84

WolfInSheepsClothing

The small Pixie shakes his head as he says “Might as well find make some arrangements to speak with who is in charge.” As he walks up to the medusa clerk and with a smile says “Hello, I would like a meeting with your boss. Is he in?”

Diplomacy roll (1d20+48)[53]

25. - Top - End - #85

NecromancerGuy

The small Pixie shakes his head as he says “Might as well find make some arrangements to speak with who is in charge.” As he walks up to the medusa clerk and with a smile says “Hello, I would like a meeting with your boss. Is he in?”

Diplomacy roll [roll0]
    "She is..." Says the clerk, letting the statement hang for a bit before continuing as you fail to elaborate.

"...Do, um, do you have an appointment? Whom do you represent"?

She seems unused to your direct manner to say the least.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

26. - Top - End - #86

WolfInSheepsClothing

With a bored look on his face, he says "No, to the appointment. and I do represent both my self and companions. But there is the question of why a very high-level mage and a Psionic here? I am looking for someone to help arrange a meeting with your Mistress Hesychia. Now, what manner of arrangement would be profitable for both of us? I do know the Greater Fabricate spell, that could be very profitable. Or did you have something else, in mind my dear?"
    Last edited by Stormwolf69; 2019-10-28 at 09:44 PM.

27. - Top - End - #87

NecromancerGuy

With a bored look on his face, he says "No, to the appointment. and I do represent both my self and companions. But there is the question of why a very high-level mage and a Psionic here? I am looking for someone to help arrange a meeting with your Mistress Hesychia. Now, what manner of arrangement would be profitable for both of us? I do know the Greater Fabricate spell, that could be very profitable. Or did you have something else, in mind my dear?"
    The clerk briefly looks concerned for a moment and he eyes quickly glance over to the guards.

"Sir, while we do appreciate the drive of those who would wish to partner with us, if you are unsure what you want to offer us may we suggest you return another time with a better plan".

Momentarily after she continues on quieter.

"A little advice, you are trying to sell us something. Know what you offer and market it".
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

28. - Top - End - #88

WolfInSheepsClothing

With an almost amused smile on his face, he says " I get the Hint and I will take my leave. But you might want to inquire as to how strong your mages your mistress employs and what level of magic they can use. For am very much able to perform magic of the ninth level. Decides, I have another business in town. But before I depart. Might I make One inquietly were will I find the one who deals in your mistress matters regarding private military contractors?”

And with that he waits for a reply nods and shows himself out. As he looks to his female companions and says “I know, I wanted to keep a lower profile. So much for plan A let do some research and then come up with a new plan?”

Looking at his guide he asks “Ok let’s go see about logging my company for now. I given the amount of red tape on magic, where is the mages guild?”

29. - Top - End - #89

NecromancerGuy

With an almost amused smile on his face, he says " I get the Hint and I will take my leave. But you might want to inquire as to how strong your mages your mistress employs and what level of magic they can use. For am very much able to perform magic of the ninth level. Decides, I have another business in town. But before I depart. Might I make One inquietly were will I find the one who deals in your mistress matters regarding private military contractors?”
    "That would be the general offices I think, just adjacent to our central holdings. That is up a coil, keep going until passing the shrine to the Dead Lord and it will be the next major path to the right. Unless it's a matter of military use of bloodcraft, then you are looking to our arena representatives based on-site

And with that he waits for a reply nods and shows himself out. As he looks to his female companions and says “I know, I wanted to keep a lower profile. So much for plan A let do some research and then come up with a new plan?”

Looking at his guide he asks “Ok let’s go see about logging my company for now. I given the amount of red tape on magic, where is the mages guild?”
    it takes Legar a minute to reply.

"If you're looking something independent... Nu-kraekemau handles most magical happenings outside of a houses hands. If that's what you're looking for"?
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

30. - Top - End - #90

WolfInSheepsClothing

The pixie says let us start with Nu-kraekemau. “Given that I am double checking the legalities of magic in the city. And how much Red tape to get my plans into action. As the saying goes there is more than one way to do things. This is no exception.”

The Mage just tips her hat as she says “Master I am not fallowing your cores of action. Mind explaining it”

The pixie shrugs as he says “There is more than one way to make cash and way things are going, we are headed to having a medium level of profile. No, I am exploring other ways to lower our profile and still get the same results.”