New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Jumpers vs. 40k IC1: Worst. Isekai. Ever.

The Black Library:
    "Okay, but do you want to look at any other prophecies?" asks the Solitaire

Spoiler: Random Imperium Terms 2:
    Show

-Wolves and Lions: the archives say they believed to be ancient terran animals that somehow found their way on other planets, for what reasons the Mechanicus do not know and can only speculate on the reasons why, which while its own fascinating scholarly pursuit, does not seem to be related to the prophecy or anything important. Its very likely that the use of these terms are poetic and not official.
    -The Eye of Terror: big giant hole into the Immaterium/Warp though, the Cadian Sector is filled with worlds to defend from it and is like, the main place where all Black Crusades that Abaddon the Despoiler launches though.
    -Black Crusade: a term for a war launched by Chaos Undivided forces, often led by the Black Legion of Space Marines who is led by Abaddon the Despoiler
    -Adepta Sororitas: the emperor's most holy all female religious warriors who fight for the Ecclesiarchy, formed due to a law about the church not being to keep "men at arms"
    -Saint Celestine: an Adepta Sororitas who achieved Living Saint status, has been known to reappear as an avenging angel from time to time in moments of dire need
    -Malcador: advisor to the Emperor, First Lord of Terra, grand master of assassins, powerful psyker in his own right, the list of accomplishments and deeds he has done would either be too much for a brief summary or too secret to be recorded anywhere but the most top secret of Inquisition files.
    -Roboute Guilliman: accomplished warrior and diplomat, this Primarch is hailed as a builder of civilizations as well as the Imperium's greatest preserver and reformer. His list of achievements is too great for a brief summary
    -Treaty of Olympus: a treaty the Emperor signed with the Adeptus Mechanicus to allow them to practice their religion in return for their technological knowledge aiding the Imperium and him being named the Omnissiah.
    -The Cadian Gate: area of calm space leading in and out of the Eye of Terror for reasons unknown
    -Blackstone Fortresses: ancient and powerful xeno fortresses of unknown origin, many Magos theorize they are of Eldar origin make due to Eldar calling them "Talismans of Vaul" but their make does not resemble anything the Eldar create today. these are probably what that "fortresses of blackened stone" line are referring to.
    -Horus Heresy: at seven years long, a relatively short war but perhaps the most important one in Imperial history where Horus Lupercal rebelled against the Emperor. This particular war has so much information on it there is no way to summarize it here, its incredibly confusing, its events span the entire galaxy and it practically is the event that leads to the modern state of the galaxy. This one could like take forever to explain, especially filtered through the ignorant, propagandizing and censoring nature of the Imperium.

There is more things here, but the Inquisition seems to love to censor Chaos most of the time. Its almost as if they're trying to eliminate even thinking about them. stuff you do find are clearly Magos doing their own heretical research in secret, and due to the corrupting nature of Chaos....these can't be trusted.

It occurs to you that some terms may be similarly poetic and thus aren't used in an official capacity or recorded, or are terms for things that haven't happened yet and thus wouldn't be found in any archive at this point in time. It also occurs to you that Eldar and thus their prophecies don't seem to be particularly straightforward or direct normally, and that these Solitaires are being uncommonly straight-talking with you, probably because of the whole "saving Isha" thing.

Meanwhile, Kalli:
    She has gotten herself into a Adept outfit by mind crushing one of the many adepts of Terra going about trying to organize the paperwork constantly coming in from who knows how many worlds. The Emperor walks beside her like a ghost as they go through the endless golden halls of Terra's continent-spanning bureaucracy. No one paid any attention to her as long as she walked quickly enough, for they were all busy with something or other.
    "Are you sure, getting rid of that guy was the right thing to do?"
    "Completely. I can assure you that particular Adept was corrupt, taking bribes to speed certain processes along rather than going through the proper channels"
    Which had been actually making things more efficient rather than bogging his job down in millennia of red tape, but she did not need to know that.
    "Is there
    "Don't look at any organizational graphs for the Administratum, my chosen champion."
    The God-Emperor cautions her.
    "Somehow its complexities stray into mathematics and geometries bizarre and alien to even I."
    "Okay, but what are we walking to?"
    "Before we can get what we are coming here for, we must go to where its hidden. My greatest servant and advisor, Malcador the Hero was once known as Malcador the Sigillite. He once belonged to an order of people who preserved knowledge. Even at my side, he kept many curiosities and preserved as much human history as he could....as well as locked away many things that normally should remain so. We are going to the Archive of the Sigillite on Terra, the city-sized vault where Malcador hid all of his greatest secrets. There we will find something that will empower you greatly."
    "Wait, why can't you or the Primarchs use whatever it is? Why hide it away?"
    "It seems to work the most on those of humble origin. I guess its technically possible that someone of greater power could use it but.....to my knowledge, no known cases of it have happened."
    "What is it anyway?"
    The "God-Emperor" looks in a certain direction disturbed for a moment
    "God-Emperor? what is it?"
    "....Oh. Sorry. I was just distracted for a moment by the Great Enemy. Those unholy demons constantly besieging my devout and faithful Imperium as you know?"
    He lies. What was what? best get this done quicker then, Tzeentch thought.
    "Come now lets hurry."
    They increase their speed at his urging.

Ensara:
    "Why would we? We're...were loyal servants of the Emperor..."
    She speaks to the serfs of the late Invaders chapter:
    "Ah! But about this, your hereditary serfs yes? which mean you were born being a slave your entire life, not knowing anything else. Probably filled with all sorts of nonsense about caution and safety and stability and the like. But I ask you: why not take a chance? There is so much out there, so many wonders you can experience with freedom, and yes dangers as well- but if you don't taker a chance, life is not worth living!"
    She walks through the Battle barge saying this speech and similar ones like it, her anima sparking around her as she speaks with wicked, demonic charisma.
    "You live, die and breathe for a figure you've never met, but you can be more! You can get enraged, you can get powerful, happy, explorative, the entire range of the human experience, not through trading your enslavement to an Emperor to enslavement some dark god, but through your own will and choices! A galaxy that attempts to force you to think there only two choices- when there is so many more! Just because Chaos is evil does not mean the Emperor needs to be just, nor does the Emperor being evil mean Chaos isn't, nor does opposing Chaos mean accepting the Imperium as it is! i am here to show you a third path. A path where you are more than servants to some superhuman soldier mindwashed into being a weapon, a path where you throw away fear and caution to boldly go into a better world! The chains upon you are chains of thought, break them! Freedom may look terrifying especially in a world such as this- but bravery is the greatest rebellion! The bravery to trust others! The bravery to open yourself up rather than close yourself off! The bravery to be kind! Such a courage, is one that not even Khorne can achieve! And in such courage of others and yourself, find power that no authority or god can give you.

Look upon these slaughtered space marines! All their augmentations, equipment, discipline, hatred and vigilance meant nothing, for they were not truly loyal to each other, but to some figure of power they all obeyed and thus closed themselves off from anyone but that figure- and thus from everyone, for who really hears the Emperor speak anymore? They died not because of some greater power, but because of their own hidden disunity underneath the surface. That could be the entire Imperium could be next if continues this self-destructive path."

The more she speaks the more hope begins to glimmer in their eyes and people begin to put down their weapons, getting more convinced.
    "The power is within you! It was always within you! Fight not because the Emperor told you, not because of duty or some greater cause or whatever, but because of what you WANT, and I have faith that you want a better world, a better galaxy for yourself and others! But I am not recruiting you. I'm lbierating you, and thus I give you the first real choice anyone has ever given you: you can either stay and see what benefits working with me can provide......or you choose to go, and I will teleport you to a safe, normal Imperial world to start whatever life you think you can on your own- I cannot offer anything better with time I have. Thirdly you can of course, choose to attack me despite this generous offer but.....I assure you. That will NOT end well for you."
    She spreads her arms out to all the crew- thousands of them, awaiting their response.
    "The choice, is in your hands."

Meanwhile, New Cultures Rising:
    The Death of Nurgle left some....changes upon the galaxy. In some places time flows differently and while the Astronomicon's light is dimmed, some systems are taking their defense and rulership into their own hands. More than that, they are developing their own cultures and technological developments in the Imperium's absence. These are just some examples....

One system of particular note takes the cheap power armor away from the Ecclesiarchy and spreads it among their troops before killing the old religion to make a new one, a religion worshipping a million gods while their psyker and soldiers become higher castes above workers, ruling them as the psykers learn how to bind minor daemons into vehicles and weapons to make them obey and a warrior class wielding chain-katanas now rules in the Imperium's stead with a Star-Shogun at its head with some strange miniature light similar to the Astronomicon emitting from their planet as they go forth to conquer while throwing out much of the Imperium's system for one leaner and more efficient, but no less oppressive an empire as it expands through Segmentum Tempestus.

In another system, merchant clans and rogue traders rise to become powerful corporations that in their greed turn the worlds they conquer into hypercapitalist states where no government but the corporation exists as they ally with the local Mechanicus to begin innovating technology not for the peoples benefit but for their own pockets, trading much more freely with various alien races and the League of Votann, with xeno tech spreading through their economy with no Imperium to ban it.

In the Eastern parts of the galaxy, the Tau find cut off Imperial worlds ripe for ideological conversion to the Greater Good and they expand more and more as humans look to something believe in when the Emperor is not there. In some other parts of the galaxy, far flung and obscure space marine chapters simply decide to take over the local system and become their overlords, seeing less or no reason to remain loyal to the Imperium. Knight Worlds where Questor Familia have protected and ruled over people as nobility with their giant mecha since the Age of Strife, protect their worlds and forge world allies as tradition and Freeblade Knights find new worlds to protect in the Emperor's absence.

Meanwhile somewhere, a Necron Dynasty wakes to find the humans worshipping them as gods of black metal and instead of wiping them out to start to think: we can use this...

But also, across all Craftworlds, Eldar suddenly start displaying new powers of healing and harvest, and even human worlds across the Imperium start hearing the words of Isha and spreading them as cults, her message of compassion, healing and empathy being appealing to many people who have known nothing but misery, toil and sacrifice to some distant uncaring God-Emperor for so long, even as the Imperial Cult denounces them as heretics- even with this suffering, new ideas of compassion begins to spread throughout the galaxy...
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-07-26 at 05:34 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #302
    Colossus in the Playground

Alex freezes at Frode's statement.

"No, that can't be—"

She's cut off by a loud "Boom" as a multicolored gate appears in the room before you. Outsteps an intimidating giant of a man.

"Why hello there, Alexandra. Intriguing to see you here."
    Self=Thanoseid
    Immediately Alex and his companions are enshrouded in brilliant armor made from the White Light.

"Ah... I see you'ge grown from a fleeworthless pest to an antsomething fun to destroy when bored"
    Self=Thanoseid
    "I hope you don't mind. When I learned of the existence of this library I felt the need to make a few contributions..." He holds up a stack of books. "Nothing special, the memoirs of tyrants and novels written by madmen and fanatics... No library is complete without them."
    Self=Thanoseid

The Man's mere presence wears heavily, as if his mere exstance is trying to snuff out your will.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-26 at 04:21 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    The Solitaires immediately point their weapons at him.
    "Sir, no one is allowed to make contributions or donations to the Black Library. If we don't care if you want to donate a picture book about fluffy bunnies, your books will not be accepted on the assumption they are cognitohazards or infohazards. Please leave or we will kill you then burn the books."
    They are treating this guy on the suspicion that he is Chaos- this feels like a pretty prepared reaction. Then Cegorach just appears, he's just here now
    "Yeah, you have entered without permission and more importantly don't have a Library Card on you. We do not need any stories about tyrants because the Imperium already exports too much of a surplus, and we already have enough jokebooks. Also you look like a cinderblock wearing a yellow safety vest.
    Ensara teleports in with with a box
    "Hey Frode got your bunch of Wraithbone, also I've convinced a former space marine fleet to work with me and left them with- why is a Darkseid with a yellow safety jacket here?"
    There was an edge to her voice. She hated tyrants, and she hates is what is essentially the incarnation of tyranny....even more so.
    "Cegorach, this guy's bad news. Really bad news."
    "I know. But I'm giving him a chance to back off. This is not a public library after all. Donations are not allowed. Acquisitions are strictly at my direction and discretion. As my Solitiaires say....leave, or die. Your not allowed in here."
    Not for any concern for the Black Library of course. Cegorach knew that while it was the most valuable library in the galaxy, that if it got compromised badly enough, the only choice would be to destroy it keep the knowledge out Chaos's hands or worse. It was a bit out of concern for his Solitaire's lives, even though they were basically all soldiers and warriors in this era, their souls already damned until he wins a game against Slaanesh for each one. Cegorach's betting this guy wants the Library and thus isn't willing to fight in it and thus risk it being destroyed.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Bugbear in the Playground

Frode took a look at the hulking gorilla made of stone, and uttered a single word.

"Nope."

A chunk of metal plowed into the back of Thanoseid's head with enough force to reduce a mountain to a spray of gravel, then the stasis grenade detonated, freezing that area in time.

As the grenade went off, Frode tapped into the Father Gauntlet with an incredibly delicate touch. Fourth World technology was one of the few kinds that he was wary of. Any sign of awareness of his mental presence, and he would withdraw.

All going well, he would try to seize control long enough to... Rainboom(?).. Thanoseid out. Too much resistance, and he'd leave a few million varieties of mnemovirus as he withdrew, trying to achieve the same thing.

Everything up to this point was a distraction and/or a delaying action.

Aloud, he said "Alexandra, please open a telepathic channel between myself and Cegorach, and fill him in on this guy" he waved a hand at Thanoseid "also. I have a plan that may work, but I need Cegorach's help. Everyone else, I need twenty seconds from when I phase out, if you can hold him off until then. I don't expect that stasis grenade to hold him for long."

That said, he prepared himself for telepathic communication with the Clown Prince of the Eldar.

Hopefully.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

5. - Top - End - #305
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    "...Right, lets get ready then! All Eldar! Get out of here, this guy has mind control hax, less targets he has the better!"
    she says, not expecting anyone other than to her START a fight. The Eldar look to Cegorach, who nods in trust and they begin retreating.
    "But I'm not complaining. Seven Wings Unfurling Devil Body!"
    A strange and alien transformation once again envelops her form, with seven prismatic dragon wings of light radiating from her body, as her body itself becomes a clear crystalline humanoid prism reflecting and refracting not just light but possibility and impossibility all around her with demon horns on her head just as much of a prism as the rest of her body. It was a strange surreal sight, little alternate possibilities or never-will-bes flickering in and out of existence around her, and Solitaires sees different versions of themselves within her wings as they gaze in awe. Even the boundary between dream and reality seems to blur in her presence in this Devil Body, and she radiates this feeling of.....infinite possibility, wonder and freedom to everyone who sees her, as if they could just fly into the sky at any moment. She raises her hand and summons one her daiklaives
    "Come, Uriel's Liberation"
    An orichalcum blade with angelic design, forged by herself when she was inspired by the Uriel, the Beryl of Freedom during her time on Gaia. As it was her most recent Jump, she hasn't completely mastered its evocations, but it still was made for the sake of the concepts of freedom and liberty and should be able help in some way against Thanoseid. Then takes a battle ready stance, point her blade towards the frozen Thanoseid in a swordmaster's form.
    "I didn't expect to face a villain like this, this early in my chain but I am prepared to fight tyrants. Alex, you got any plans or advice?"

6. - Top - End - #306

"That... That's Thanoseid the Deviant. Apokolitpain New Asgod of Nihilistic Tyranny."

"Ahh... It is good to know that you still know to fear your betters"
    Self=Thanoseid
    "Such a shame that you coulnd't teach your new friendsvictims however."
    Self=Thanoseid
    "I suppose if the Library is not interested in my donations, however, there is not much I can do but be amused that a clown believes it can make me move... Not as amused as a particular bit of irony, however... Can the gods of this world not hear the God-Speech? How peculiar."
    Self=Thanoseid

Then Frode attacks and Thanoseid... let's it happen...

Up to when Frode tries to connect to the Fatherguntlet. Then things start to... Well... a lot of high-order cosmic math starts flowing unabated as the attempt to link up triggers what amounts to Apokoliptian Malware, which is to say...

Well, the math spells out a single, undeniable truth...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Life=Pain

Who well can Frode handle Cognito Hazards? How about things that try to worm their way into his soul? Becuase trying to hack Father Gauntlet has exposed him to a fragment of the Anti-Life Equation.

"My advice for fighting him is to consider that he's still alive despite the fact that I've fought him regularly."
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-27 at 09:33 PM.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #307

"Considering I have no plans to fight him, we should be alright for the moment." Frode said, stung a bit by the fact that the stasis grenade appeared to have done nothing at all. The Anti-Life Equation fragment slapped headfirst into the metaphorical walls of Frode's Mental Fortress perk, heavily blunting any spiritual or mental damage it could have done, and the math was taken in, considered, and discarded with a snort.

If LIFE=PAIN or whatever, Frode thought, then the obvious corollary is that if I am hurting, I'm still alive! He gave an irritated shake of his head. Nonsense like this is why most of us grow out of nihilism by about year 9.

Despite the mental bravado, Frode was still a few shades paler even than his usual self as he shook off the equation fragment.

Abandoning his attempts to suborn the Fathergauntlet, he gave its atoms a good yank with his powers, on the off chance that he could damage it, convert it to pure energy, or even just make Thanoseid punch himself in the face with it.

While he did that, though, after a thoughtflash between himself and Cegorach, he phased out, flowing into TARDIS form as he did so. The usual sound of *VWOORP VWOORP VWOORP* faded out most of the way, then faded back in, getting louder and louder until it became a thunder that shook the world. Then the world itself started to fade away around Thanoseid, quickly leaving him alone in the middle of a cavern larger than worlds within the Webway, where the Black Library once hung. The walls shuddered and started to cave in, flickering points of light dancing over the surface with explosions the size of countries bursting from the walls, as that segment of Webway was cut off from the larger whole and began to explosively disintegrate back into the Warp.

Ghostly winds slashed lines of phantasmal colour through the void where the Black Library planet had been, dimensional collapse violent even by Warp standards accelerated and guided by Frode's TARDIS abilities tearing space and time to shreds around Thanoseid, weaponised destruction of that segment of subspace creating howling vortexes of half-forgotten memory and faded dreams that could swallow stars.

And in the middle of it all, a small holographic projector was left, displaying, right at Thanoseid's eye level, "Have fun walking home, jerk."

Somewhere far away, the *VWOORP*-ing rumbles faded after a few seconds, and a slightly-transparent image of Frode reappeared roughly where he had been standing previously. "Well, that was 'fun'." Frode noted drily.

"Before you ask, the Black Library, and by extension all of you, are inside my TARDIS-form, which in turn is in a dimensional pocket three quarkturns charmwise of reality, whose exit is about six billion lightyears 'above' the Milky Way's galactic disc. Thanoseid was left in the Black Library's former position in the Webway, which I exploded as we left. I doubt it will do much more than inconvenience him, but at least enough dimensional disruption to rip a star system to its component subatomic particles and then being dumped into the heart of Khorne's section of the Warp should annoy him a little."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-07-28 at 03:25 AM.

8. - Top - End - #308
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara: Defy the Anti-Life Equation
    "No. You. DON'T!"
    She shouts back at the Equation, Her Exalted will immoveable as Qaf, her ego as unstoppable as Isidiros when he charges, her mind imposing her will upon the world back as alternative equations appear in her wings floating around her, her gaze furious and hateful at the equation proclaiming things to be true, she is Stunting this HARD.
    "Look you Mathematical Son of a Glitch"
    She growls pointing at Thanoseid.
    "To me, your Equation represents nothing but bull****. Your just another petty little tyrant thinking he is big. That little equation you carry around making people believe in depressing things like they are some objective reality. Well screw you, I'm a Sorcerer, I've looked into the Beyond of Oramus and all its impossibilities and mysteries. I know that truth is subjective, reality is optional, and that I reject your reality to substitute my own! Call it whatever you want, insanity, solipsism, self-deception, existentialism, who cares. I call it being free, being hopeful,, being someone who chooses a world that is good to live in rather than one that is not! If humanity has taught me anything, then it is that people are perfectly capable of denying "self evident" truths all the time! I choose to believe differently! I choose as always to be ME and to believe in something better regardless of the evidence! I DENY YOU! DEFY YOU! I REJECT YOUR VERY PREMISE!

I promise you Thanoseid, Anti-Life Equation, that I will destroy you and everything you represent. I will defeat you, then someday I will hunt down all your other versions in another Jump and destroy them as well, wipe the stupidity that is this equation from reality even if I have to fight the entire DC universe to do it! I will wipe you from the world so that no one remembers what you are, or what you proclaim, so that no one has to comprehend the nonsense that is being spouted at them! I'll burn everything you are to the ground, my rage will be limitless my determination unstoppable! If I have to punch every single Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman in the face to destroy the Equation, I will do it, I don't care! I will lead the charge towards the Doom of Your Philosophy and all that it dreams!

But if you want my response in math here it goes: Tyrant = Inevitable Failure!"

She strikes at Thanoseid with her blade
    "Fascism = Foolishness!"
    She slashes a second time
    "Totalitarianism = Hubris!"
    She cuts at him a third time
    "Life > Pain!"
    Uriel's Liberation glows as she strikes at him a fourth time
    "Hope > Despair!"
    The glow is golden and hopeful as slashes at him a fifth time.
    "Freedom > Control!"
    She slashes him a sixth time, the image of an alternate Ensara as The Queen of Hell defying God momentarily appearing around her.
    "Individuality = Inviolate!"
    The seventh time all seven wings unfurl to show Thanoseid haunting alternate versions of himself, what he could've been....and what he never will be.
    "Determination > Suffering"
    The eighth time, hopeful uplifting music radiates outwards from her
    "Improvement = Everyone!"
    Some say at the ninth strike, that they could hear even Tzeentch rooting for her.
    "Life = Beauty!"
    With the final strike, she glares at the Anti-Life Equation and slowly grins a wicked, insane smile
    "Watch out. After him, I'll be coming for you sooner or later."
    She doesn't really care how much damage she dealt to Thanoseid. Nor does she think she can destroy the Equation itself (even if she defying it entirely), not right now, she is aiming to intimidate it, to make the Equation FEAR her despite the impossibility of it. Finally she announces
    "I am Ensara! Nadir Caste of the Infernal Exalted, Chosen of the Yozis, Known as Slayer of Anys Syn, She Who Outwitted Nico Bolas, Destroyer of the Empire of Abel and the Gaian Imperium, Planeswalker, Thief, Liberator, Sorcerer, Martial Artist, Artificer, Demon, Trickster! But you may simply call me Your Death."
    She does this as a distraction measure until Frode's thing completes

Things: Get Worse
    While he did that, though, after a thoughtflash between himself and Cegorach, he phased out, flowing into TARDIS form as he did so. The usual sound of *VWOORP VWOORP VWOORP* faded out most of the way, then faded back in, getting louder and louder until it became a thunder that shook the world. Then the world itself started to fade away around Thanoseid, quickly leaving him alone in the middle of a cavern larger than worlds within the Webway, where the Black Library once hung. The walls shuddered and started to cave in, flickering points of light dancing over the surface with explosions the size of countries bursting from the walls, as that segment of Webway was cut off from the larger whole and began to explosively disintegrate back into the Warp.

Ghostly winds slashed lines of phantasmal colour through the void where the Black Library planet had been, dimensional collapse violent even by Warp standards accelerated and guided by Frode's TARDIS abilities tearing space and time to shreds around Thanoseid, weaponised destruction of that segment of subspace creating howling vortexes of half-forgotten memory and faded dreams that could swallow stars.

And in the middle of it all, a small holographic projector was left, displaying, right at Thanoseid's eye level, "Have fun walking home, jerk."

Somewhere far away, the *VWOORP*-ing rumbles faded after a few seconds, and a slightly-transparent image of Frode reappeared roughly where he had been standing previously. "Well, that was 'fun'." Frode noted drily.

"Before you ask, the Black Library, and by extension all of you, are inside my TARDIS-form, which in turn is in a dimensional pocket three quarkturns charmwise of reality, whose exit is about six billion lightyears 'above' the Milky Way's galactic disc. Thanoseid was left in the Black Library's former position in the Webway, which I exploded as we left. I doubt it will do much more than inconvenience him, but at least enough dimensional disruption to rip a star system to its component subatomic particles and then being dumped into the heart of Khorne's section of the Warp should annoy him a little."
    Across the Galaxy, Troupes of Harlequins find themselves unable to access parts of the Webway to get back to the Black Library and unable to contact Cegorach. Solitaires were only a small part of his forces after all, and now these Harlequins now find themselves stranded and having to find alternate routes, and even when they get to their Eldar fellows will find news of apart of the Webway collapsing that they knew was where the Library was, and now worry that their final god was gone without knowing why and never getting back to learn that Isha had returned. Many will begin to insist on going forward with or accelerating the Birth of Ynnead plan in the absence of other options.

The Dark Eldar and Craftworlders will soon find some paths of the Webway being filled with Daemons where there are holes and begin working with the white spider-beings that guard the Webway to kill them. The Webway will begin sealing its arteries up and making these holes into sealed dead ends, not rebuilding itself until the threat is passed, which because of the current state of the Warp is never.

Cegorach will turn to Frode:
    "While I am thankful for teleporting us away from a being that I have little knowledge of and clearly incredibly powerful and threatening....Me and Isha are the Eldar race's only deities. The Eldar will want a new god to protect themselves from She Who Thirsts if they can't contact me. We need to move soon to make sure they don't do something.....drastic. I'm sorry but no matter how much of a threat this Thanoseid is, the war with Chaos and my people takes priority."
    "So....anyone who gets infected by the Anti-Life Equation fully, we kill as per Chaos Corruption protocols?" asks a Solitaire. "I have no doubt the Imperium will kill anyone who starts going on about obeying an alien just as a matter of course, but I just want to make sure the safety measures/scorched earth policy is for this Thanoseid guy."

Ensara panting, reverts back to normal form and stores back Uriel's Liberation.
    "Malfeas damn it all. Why did he show up? Are any other enemies going to show up? Wait.....Oh no, what if the Yozis or the Neverborn get out? The Yozis are supposed to be prisoners and killing them only ever makes things worse....
    "Wait aren't you Exalted by the Yozis?" asks Kaerabryn.
    "Yes. That doesn't mean the Yozis getting out is a good idea."
    "what even are they?"
    "Long story."

Thanoseid: you are now in the Realm of Khorne. The Sky is fighting the ground, the ground is fighting the sky, rivers of blood are everywhere as well sounds of combat and yells of "Blood for the Blood God!". Everyone and everything you encounter big and small will attack you for simply being there in their eternal rage and bloodlust, and also the stuff about howling vortices of forgotten and faded memories destruction happening. What will you do?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-07-28 at 09:35 PM.

9. - Top - End - #309

Frode shook his semi-transparent head. "In all honesty, I would prefer to fight all three of the remaining Chaos nuisances simultaneously than Thanoseid, because Thanoseid is a bloody cheat. Maybe I should track down Asgarpokolips or whatever it's called and blow it up."

He snorted. "In whatever case, hiding the Black Library inside me was always going to be a very temporary solution. At the moment, the plan is to park it near whatever your best-defended craftworld is, Cegorach, until I can rebuild a safe section of the Webway for it, as I can't sense any segments large enough to hold it right now. Or I could tuck it into a pocket dimension closer to the main body of the galaxy, or hide it in a bit of foldspace. Sliding it a few seconds out of synch with realtime so that it is undetectable and intangible to any you do not choose to allow to visit is an option as well, if you wish, Cegorach. "

"The Webway rebuild is probably the slowest and least secure option, from where I sit, but in whatever case, it is your library and your choice."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-07-29 at 03:51 AM.
    Times being what they are, the stars aligning and the End of All Things barely registered as background noise.

At a bit of a loss as to what to do next, and with bills to pay, a certain Elder Thing has taken up bartending.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

10. - Top - End - #310
    Titan in the Playground

Just For Fun: Sarcastic Suggestions with the Solitaires
    "Hmm....I'm going to have to think on this. But I have the perfect process to help me think of an location! Solitaires! You have open permission to begin sarcastic suggestions about what locations I should pick!"
    They gasp. Open Mic night!
    "But only one Comorragh riff allowed, use your creativity."
    "Aow"
    "Is...this really necessary?" Kaerabryn asks, bewildered
    "Well of my course my child! I'm a god of laughter, this is technically a form of worship! (That and it'll take everyone's minds off the new threat that has popped up). So without further ado.....BEGIN!"
    They decide to get their Comorragh one out of the way early:
    Spoiler: Sarcastic Suggestions
    Show
    "I say we go to Comorragh, No one will suspect us right in the middle of the biggest city in the webway, at its heart the biggest hub of them all. That and we can get all the torture sessions we want, go to see coliseums to watch people get murdered for fun, and there will always be more passive entertainment in watching the nobles there backstab each other like a pit of endless vipers, like why wouldn't we want to set up shop in a city where the furniture is made of still living people? and Asdrubael Vect is such a great host, I hear his wild parties are to die for- because I hear you literally will! And what would we do, where would we be without the knowledge and expertise of the Haemonculi to find new ways to suffer and biological abominations to be their slaves? Its not as if the Haemonculi were the leaders of our old Empire and caused everything horrible to happen to us as a result of what they done! And haven't stopped in ten thousand years! We're not angry about that or anything! they're so vital everyone I can't imagine what the world would be like if we didn't have them"
    Ensara creates illusions of a better galaxy with rainbows and puppies with the label "A WORLD WITHOUT HAEMONCULI-LITERALLY EVERYTHING BETTER" floating around them.

"Okay here me out: we put the Black Library.....right next to Terra. Sol System is the most heavily defended system in the entire galaxy after all! I'm sure the Imperium will be glad to have us and welcome us with open arms! We all know how open minded those Imperials are, so accepting, trusting and flexible. We're practically buddies with them after all the under the table deals we make with the Inquisition while they continue to spew their hateful propaganda against our species, but whats a little xenocidal campaign of deception and extermination between friends?"

"Okay, how about we choose Craftworld Ulthwe? We can get a front row seat to the Eye of Terror! Because being right next to where Abaddon the Despoiler constantly invades the Materium isn't a bad idea at all, I'm sure Ahriman has given up trying to find the Black Library by now, he won't jump on us when we're practically putting ourselves within easy reach riiiiiiight? That and y'know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies closer and we'll get to see all the Chaos Marines betray each other in ridiculous fashions, its all the fun of Commorragh without the torture, but with more daemons to attack us and eat our souls"

"Lets go to Craftworld Alaitoc. I'm sure the Craftworld known for being so insufferable, puritanical and racist that it has the most Outcasts out of all the Craftworlds is a great place to be. We'll have so much space to live in that all the younger Eldar left behind and such great company like all those old jerks who want to attack the Necrons despite having to rely upon their vast majority of their forces being anti-authority rangers and anti-social pirates because they can't bring themselves to be a little nice to their own people, much less anyone else. Honestly I applaud them for achieving a level of Eldarness that no one else has. Truly impressive."

"Craftworld Biel-tan will surely keep us safe. They're a military state ruled by people trapped on the path of the warrior! Surely that means they will do a good job, why wouldn't you want to be ruled by a bunch of people who've become so obsessed with fighting they can't do anything else or behave any other way? I'm sure their stated goal of refounding the ancient galactic Eldar Empire isn't concerning at all! Or the fact they go to great extremes to protect maiden worlds like planet-wide raids they call the Swordwind! Its not as if they blatantly believe that the Eldar are the true masters of the galaxy and everything else is beneath them-oh wait."

"How about Craftworld Iyanden? Sure, 80% of them are dead, their Craftworld resembles a tomb more than city and their souls are now inhabiting wraith constructs just to stay afloat due to Hive Fleet, and they've suffered a lot of trouble and bad luck, but come on, they have the highest number of victories of any Craftworld, they are very diplomatic with all the friends that save them at the last moment, sure us coming by won't give them more troubles and bad luck right? And if it does, they're used to things going wrong so its no big deal!"

"We can go to Craftworld Saim-hann. Those speed junkies could simply help us run away form any threat with all their jetbikes they love. I'm sure we'll be best of friends as long as we agree to drink each other's blood out of honor, and not slight them and thus get challenged to one of their many duels. No one will expect us to pick the freedom-loving "barbarians" of the Eldar."

"Hey maybe we should go to Craftworld Ctho-assuming we can find it! I heard its in the same place where you find unicorns, flying pigs, pots of gold at the end of rainbows and intact STCs. also that it has fountains of wine that are made of gold, that all the Eldar there have a faster birthrate and that they even are somehow immune to She Who Thirsts for no reason, and a Phoenix Lord who can defeat Thanoseid in single combat named Chan eil Mgr MacDhòmhnaill ann (Mr. McDoesn't Exist)"

But for Real: Cegorach's Actual Choice
    "Hmmmm....I think....OH! I have sudden wonderful, absurd idea! heeheehohohohohohahahaha."
    "Oh no" the Solitaires says with dread "thats his "I'm going to prank the entire Eldar species" voice, here we go"
    "Indulge me for a second, I'll tell you a small story about a certain Craftworld. Long ago, there was a craftworld named Alurmen. Craftworld Alurmen had a Webway Nexus unmatched by other Craftworlds! It was greatest strength and treasure. But, four thousand years during the Age of Apostacy, Ahriman the Sorcerer and Champion of Tzeentch learned of its existence and intended to use it for the find the Black Library, so the Farseers of Alurmen seeing this future, decided to hide their Craftworld so he can't get their Webway Nexus because they knew, they could not fight Ahriman. So what they did is that they severed ties with other Eldar, went into the Cerberus Shroud and activated ancient Yngir (C'tan) devices to suppress the Warp's power, thus hiding them from Ahriman's mystical sight. Now tell me, how do you think the other Eldar treated this action?"
    "....They were hailed as heroes for figuring out a smart and creative solution to protect themselves and their species greatest source of knowledge without even a fight and honored for their sacrifice?"
    Ensara asks hopefully
    "No!" Cegorach says with a giggle "They were cast out and damned by the rest of their race for using C'tan technology! No good deed goes unpunished, absurd, non? Ahahahaha! But now.....more important matters are at hand. We go to the Cerberus Shroud and we welcome Craftworld Alurmen back into the fold. Not only that, we name them my favored Craftworld to tick off Alaitoc and Biel-tan! That little trick with foldspace will probably replace the Yngir technology for hiding us and them anyways and you Frode, can get the Yngir devices they used in return for doing this. With their unique Webway Nexus we will continue to have access to the Webway perhaps even more than before. We just need to do some convincing once we get there..."

When you arrive at the Cerberus Shroud in sight of Craftworld Alurmen, the Solitaires will comment
    "Thats weird.....My Laughing God, we've found it but....the Craftworld seems to have been.....redecorated."
    "Redecorated how?"
    "It has Necrodermis parts integrated into its design. Artistically. Activating Yngir technology is one thing but going so far as to start using and integrating it into their society?"
    "Is that something not done?" Ensara asks
    "Incredibly so. C'tan and Necrons are one of the Eldar's most ancient enemies. It'd be like if the Imperium started legalizing Chaos worship or granting full citizenship to aliens, it just isn't done. Any use of it opens yourself up to your technology being controlled by soul-eating star gods of the Materium."
    "four thousand years is a lot of time to diverge from greater Eldar culture. It makes sense that in exile that they might delve into things once not allowed to them- being labeled an outcast and left to their own devices tends to encourage, not discourage people from eating forbidden fruit- after all, its not as if they anything else left to eat."
    "But its also four thousand years where they could've been taken over by a C'tan. there is a danger to this that we cannot ignore. Cegorach what do we do-"
    Suddenly Isha enters
    "What we're going to do is see who they are and try to talk to them like normal people!" she says "This galaxy has had enough distrust and war over petty things and ancient grudges. It will be a risk but.....if the Eldar in there are still themselves....then they are still my people, and we need unity, compassion, and tolerance more than ever. I say we talk with them."
    "But....My Laughing God surely you recognize the danger-"
    "Yes. I do. But just because there is the possibility doesn't mean I'll let it rule me like some paranoid Inquisitor whose education consists of singing hymns to a hypocritical jerk obsessed with gold. If there is a threat, thats why we have soldiers like you around to fight. I think Isha is correct, lets talks with them. As for you Jumpers, you can do what you want. You don't have to help with this. Honestly you probably done more than enough, and there is a literal galaxy of other problems that must be plaguing your minds! Also there is an argument to be made that disaster follows in your wake and it might be dangerous to be around you, its nothing personal your really good people but maybe consider trying not to cause great amounts of destruction for a while and maybe be around people who deserve what doom you bring with you, yes?"
    He glances meaningfully at the state of the galaxy as he says this.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-07-29 at 08:30 PM.

11. - Top - End - #311

"...That was probably a mistake. If he... He's not really one to mess around, if he wanted to kill us he'd have come out of the gate swinging... This was a bit to him, like... Like when Bugs Bunny is ****ing with the opera singer for 20 minutes and now he's gonna be ticked that you didn't let him get in his jape."

"One time when Alex was out scavenging for supplies he showed up and made Rose and I sit on his lap while he read us a story just so that's the image she'd come home to... Not sure what it was about, I don't speak German."

"...You know how afterward I said that for once I was glad that I skipped a century?"

"Yeah, why... Oh... Yeah."

"He also planted a parasitic fungus in my rose garden and stole Molly's favorite couch."

the Warp

Annoyed, Thanoseid has Fathergauntlet open a bifrostube back to Apokolips. He'll have to take his time coming up with a special punishment for that defiance.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-07-30 at 11:37 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara: Introduce Dragon-Blooded Companion
    "Oh. Well. Frode, my opinion on what happened is that I appreciate the "Screw Tyranny" spirit, I probably would've had the same reaction if I was younger or if I was more powerful and thus certain I could take him. Personally I would've preferred to wait and see what he was going to do and not endanger a bunch of lives and valuable knowledge if it wasn't needed, I mostly went as hard as I did because I thought I had to, but we got out alive. I'm going to go train in some martial arts now, but don't worry I'll leave you with help: Behold my Dragon-Blooded companion, Twisting River, former Magistrate of the Scarlet Empire!"
    Suddenly Twisting River, a Dragon-Blooded with blue hair and deeper blue eyes appears from her inner world, wearing silken armor and looking confused.
    "Okay, where have you brought us now, and who are all these people, Ensara? Normally you call for your y'know friends earlier."
    "Sorry! Sorry! I found other Jumpers, this Frode he's similar to a Twilight Caste without the Exaltation, this is Alex she's a superhero, that big clown is Cegorach he's a local god and so is all the other clowns, Isha is also a local goddess, she's a harvest and compassion type."
    "....and like all the other worlds they're more powerful than the divine bureaucrat gods?"
    "Yup."
    "Sigh, why are all the gods more powerful than Creations?"
    "because Creation is a very special place that doesn't work like anywhere else!"
    "Still didn't answer my first question"
    "Look Warhammer 40,000's real dangerous because of a lot of horrible things happening, wasn't sure who to send out, but now I'm sure you can handle it now....hopefully. Anyways, just remember guys River here's not as powerful as me so don't expect her to do anything too crazy, gotta go train now byyyye."
    Ensara then teleports away using her planeswalking powers.
    "Sigh. Of course. Hi, I'm Twisting River. Water Aspect Dragon-Blooded and companion on Ensara's crazy journeys through the multiverse. Omniverse? Whatever. What crazy thing has she got us into this time?"
    Lets skip over the informing Twisting River and assume she will be told at some point unless you really want to roleplay explaining the situation for fun.
    "....I see. Evil Space Empire that makes the Realm look reasonable, Demon gods that make the Yozis look sympathetic, and numerous non-human threats, and this....incredibly powerful tyrant god from another universe. Yeah I don't know how Ensara expects me to fill in for her on this, but I'll help whatever way I can. She wasn't too much trouble right?"
    "How do you mean?" Kaerabryn asks
    "She tends to have a very freedom based morality, causes chaos everywhere she goes. Wouldn't be surprised if her plan was to absorb these four Chaos Gods powers into herself, then use those dark powers for good somehow, she likes doing things like that for some reason. At least before you killed Nurgle, whoever that was."
    "No....she didn't seem to be all that broken up about it?"
    "Well, as a Nadir Caste she's always been great as masking her emotions when she really wants to, hard to read a manipulator and infiltrator like her."
    "Okay, whats your story then?"
    "To make a long story short? I was apart of the Realm, some snobby Dynasts through politics put me in the Wyld hunt, I went and tried to kill Ensara, failed and the rest is history."
    ".....Kill her? and you just..."
    "It was like 20 or so years ago, different time, different universe, again, long story. What matters is I'm here to help now. Might set up one of her Inner World gates somewhere for convenience though, so everyone can go back and forth between the city, I certainly need to so I can check in on my family, y'know? Also vital to make sure I get into the Inner World when this Jump ends, I can go only with her if I'm in the Inner World due to certain circumstances.

Anyways, I'm good in what is probably most fights as long its not something crazy, I'm a good investigator, I know First Circle Sorcery and I'm experienced Exalt if not the most powerful, and I can call upon other companions of Ensara if I can properly set it up. hope to working well with all of you."

She will shake the hand of whoever allows her to.

13. - Top - End - #313

Frode's hologram solidified briefly to shake Twisting River's hand as he nodded in greeting.

Then he inclined his head towards Cegorach. "No need to worry, Chuckles. I don't plan to spend any longer here than needed to hit the denouement of a plan that I put into play a short while ago. Should see it right about..."

A holographic screen popped into existence next to him, showing a rushing, flickering blur, deeply blueshifted.

"now. Frode finished. "This all happened about ten minutes ago; I haven't checked to see if it worked or not yet because I wanted to make sure that everyone involved would be inside my warehouse- my TARDIS form- so that there wouldn't be an easy way for a clairvoyant to pick up on what I wanted to happen. The short form is, I sent an indestructible- or as near as anything can be- humanoid drone into Tzeentch's realm. It's heavily psi-shielded, with triple-redundant blank generators, a micro-portal to extend my Watchmaker aura to a few millimeters around its hull, and it launched directly from inside my TARDIS form. It's invisible on all spectrums, running on a parallel time track out of phase with normal reality, and, moving at about 0.75c, will have traversed from its launch point to the target zone nearly instantly. If it worked, then the look on Tzeentch's face alone will be worth the effort."

Frode chuckled wryly. "The actual goal, beyond giving Tzeentch whatever Chaos pests get instead of heart attacks, is sealing. If I actually did manage to catch him off-guard, then the 'bot will morph functionally instantly into an invincible box covered in Mandelbrot Pattern Repeating Hexagrammatic Wards- mathematically infinite warding. Inside the box is a Phase Iron bodyglove for Tzeentch that will morph into place around his current form and then solidify, and the rest of the space is filled with nanomachine-replenished Anti-Chaos unguent."

"I know that there is a great deal I do not understand about the Chaos nuisances, but this is my current best shot at sealing one away." Frode shrugged. "At the very least, it seemed like it was worth a shot."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-07-31 at 02:20 AM.

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

14. - Top - End - #314
    Orc in the Playground

Black Library, Past

"I know we have other options for hydroponics. I'm thinking if we get an STC for it, the Mechanicum won't immediately start burning it all as innovative tech-heresy or whatever. It can be rolled out without any arguing or complaints, and hopefully without much need of new machining to produce the components." Which will hopefully mean it can spread faster than the four of them can travel, which would otherwise be a pretty limiting factor.

More Recently

"I don't think that's something I could have faced, but getting in there and meeting people I can do. I have some new tricks for making them friendly, too. Just need some zinc and Allomantic brass. And hopefully some practice." He's been able to figure out what the different wells of power in his stomach do, and even demonstrated some of his abilities in manoeuvring with Steelpushes and Ironpulls, but using emotional Allomancy on allies when it's not an emergency isn't really something he feels comfortable with. Besides, he has no idea if it'd even work on anyone here; Cegorach is a god, Frode's brain is electrical, Ensara has a whole bunch of powers and Alexandria is spiritually inviolable or something. And he's had training to recognise and resist attempts to persuade him using Allomantic and other methods of manipulation, which may be of some help if they try using psychic powers or nanites (or psychic nanites) to influence his choices and decisions.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library:
    "Wait a minute, Frode we just gave you the information on those basic things only a short while ago, how in all foreseen fates of Morai-Heg did you make this drone so fast?" Solitaires say confused. "Do you have some STC-like machine or something that just.....makes things out of thin air?"
    "I have very little idea of whats happening, but I'm always open to some malevolent godlike entity being sealed away. Even if its sounding like a bunch of Twilight Caste nonsense with different principles, which gives me the chills as I realize your probably more powerful than one."
    says River, shivering a bit. Frode seemed good, but back in Creation, Twilight Caste Solars were one of the most dangerous Exalted around if the wrong person was chosen. Their genius could save the world in many ways....but also doom it.
    "Anyways it sounds like you guys have been through a lot, in my experience everyone needs rest now and then, even world-changing heroes. You have any base we can fall back to?"

Ensara:
    "I gotta step up my game. I've been over here, taking my time and whatnot and waiting for others to finish while Frode just somehow makes all that nonsense with Thanoseid out of nowhere!? Thats it man. I'm pulling out the best thing to come out of Tolaria: the time bubbles."
    Long story short, Urza Planeswalker once made an experiment, it went wrong and made a bunch of bubbles fast and slow time that he used to advantage to research things and develop technology to fight the Phyrexians. With Chronomancy she will reproduce those advantages. She takes out four martial arts scrolls, and weaves a chronomancy to create a fast time bubble around herself to begin training in the four other Sidereal Martial Arts also boosted by her Jumper Hero style perk to do this as fast as possible.

On the Drone:
    The Drone surprises Tzeentch but he holds it off long enough for inform Frode in a whisper before it encloses around him:
    "Oho? So you fear me THIS much? From doing so little? How surprising! and amusing. Would've helped you against Thanoseid aka Anathema no. 3, but now... Well just between you and me Frode Tryggvassen......Everything is going....despite this little surprise...

JUST... AS... PLANNED."

It seemingly successfully seals him and goes without a hitch, yet Tzeentch's haunting laughter echoes in your mind until it fades away. Stranger still, while its clearly working as intended, there are no unintended consequences of this happening: Khorne is NOT taking the opportunity to attack Slaanesh or whatever. You don't know why, but it feels wrong that things aren't going more wrong. Your calculations cannot predict what will result anymore. The galaxy between Nurgle's death, Isha's return, the dimming of the Emperor's light, and now this has experienced too many drastic changes in a short amount of time to really be sure what will result from all this. This universe was not meant to experience this much change in such a short amount of time. Another big galactic change like this could cause Tzeentch to break out from the sheer of Change energy in the Warp that is now flowing in, or if thats blocked to him, start forming a second Tzeentch-like entity. Or worse, who knows.

Rise of the Dark Geansaidh:
    Kalli reaches one of the deepest parts of the Archive of the Sigillite. The God-Emperor directs her to open vault with her psychic power, inside they finally see what they have coming for:

A....piece of paper?

"My God-Emperor.....I don't understand"
    She says looking at it
    "This is just a piece of paper talking about being given 1000..c-ps? and staying someplace for ten years."
    "This is exactly what we're looking for. Your going to fill it out, and your going to become more powerful than can possibly imagine."
    "But what IS it?"
    "It is a dark contract. Perhaps, the last one in all of the galaxy. By signing it, you gain the favor of beings beyond our universe to gain powers from other worlds. It is our only hope, now that four Jumpers are bringing chaos and destruction to the galaxy by causing warp storms like this and I'm stuck on the Golden Throne. It is your destiny to kill them to save the Imperium. There is no other way."
    "okay, but what will happen when I do so?"
    "You will leave this universe for at least three decades, to experience three worlds. Gaining great power to change them at the start of every world. Then once you've experienced the third one, you must return to this one to set things right."
    "Three decades? But aren't they a threat now?"
    "have no worry, my loyal subject. The way these contracts work is that when you leave your universe of origin, it is frozen in time until your journey through the worlds beyond has ended one way or another. For you, three decades will pass- but for everyone else? Not even the blink of an eye once you return. To my point of view, it'll be like an entirely different person suddenly replacing you in an instant."
    "....I see. What would you have me do in these....worlds beyond?"
    "Pick all the powers that grant the most strength. Acquire immortality so that even the blades of those Jumpers cannot kill you. Carry out my new will and Creed to raise up the psyker, the witch, and the mutant to be the new elite of society as humanity evolves into greater beings like you that rule over your lessers, while you create new technology to wipe out all your enemies and become the strongest, smartest being to ever exist and rule over the Imperium as its new God-Empress!"
    "That....doesn't sound like what Ecclesiarchy has taught me about the Emperor. Who are you, really?"
    "Well of course! I'm Tzeentch, the Emperor's advisor" he says kinda revealing who he is
    "....Who? I've never heard of you"
    "Ah, well its no surprise. the Ecclesiarchy after all has went against the God-Emperors edict to NOT worship him for ten thousand years after all, violently suppressing many truths for their own gain and one of them is....I am the true form of Malcador the Hero, the one who advised him, why else do you think he was always cloaked all the time?. The Emperor's original intent was to make a race of psychic super-humans you see, and this entire religion, the suppression of psykers is all them deviating from his will. And you....you are destined to rectify that, destroy all the Emperor's enemies and restore the True Imperium, nad once that is done, I will leave you the Imperium to rule and go exploring the worlds beyond myself."
    Kalli feels exhilaration at such a thought An Imperium where SHE was in control, an Imperium where her and fellow psykers were on top, not persecuted but held up as their greatest and best of humanity as she guided them to a new evolution, a new state of being as they wiped out all others....it sounded perfect.
    "....And why did you not appear to me like this before?"
    "Would you have believed me otherwise? Any besides, does it matter what my agenda is? When you have the opportunity....to advance your own? To make your own mark on not just this galaxy, but others? Isn't what I've envisioned what you've always wanted anyways?"
    "...Fair. Anything else to know?"
    "Beware the lies of the Jumpers. They will attempt to convince you to turn from your path when you return. Have faith that I, and the Emperor know what is best for the galaxy, and that your destiny is to save it, and that they are your enemy, no matter what they say."
    "Very well."
    She will fill out the Jumpchain document and-
    -The Blink of Three Decades-
    -Will suddenly be standing there, a completely different person, no longer in rags, no longer disheveled, but brimming with power in a superhero outfit, beautiful, confident. There is no fanfare, no warning, no way to detect the Blink. Even to the Tzeentch fragment, it as if Kalli had just changed in one frame to the next. She says
    "...I'm back. Huh. It feels like its been so long. Yet....I remember everything that led up to this perfectly.
    "So....you remember the plan? the goal?"
    "While I still remember the goal and still want to change the Imperium for the better but....over the course of wiping so many xeno races in worlds beyond and ensuring humanity's supremacy through the rule of Gene-lords, destroying anyone in my way I've realized that I never experienced the world of my own universe beyond Terra's underhives. I will have to see more of the Imperium myself, assess what is happening and plan out my course of actions now that I'm home. I think I understand what people from other universes may be capable of, but ironically I have no idea what my own galaxy is like."
    "....Okay... searching for more knowledge, getting a plan, thats always good."
    "Yes, and time to gather information on these Jumpers threatening it. Decades of experience tell me that its always best to make sure more is known so that everything goes....just as planned...."
    She will then teleport away to begin investigating the galaxy herself and the Tzeentch fragment will fade away knowing it has fulfilled its plan.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-08-01 at 04:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #316

Frode grinned at the fact that he'd surprised Tzeentch, then rolled his eyes at Tzeentch's last statement.

"Apparently Tzeentch thinks that I fear him. I guess being a Chaos nuisance, he wouldn't really understand basic pest control; you don't try to repair rodent damage until you take care of the rats, first."

He shrugged at the Solitaire's confusion. "I don't have an STC-like device, I am an STC-like device." He demonstrated by holding out a hand, and metal flowed out of his pockets, cascading to the floor as a pile of holographic signs that flickered on to display a variety of jokes and puns in LamEldannar and English, tiny spaceships from a variety of cultures that stopped partway to the floor and flew around the room (although there were very pointedly no Necron ships), and some miniature robots that stumbled to their feet and toddled around after they hit the floor.

"Speaking of STCs, I agree with Edward that we should spread some of the non-weaponisable ones around the Empire. Improving peoples' quality of life is a big part of what I want to do here, and making sure that as many people as possible- human and otherwise- has safe food and drinking water is a good next step."

Finally he chuckled at River. "In actuality, we are already in one of the safest places in this galaxy- the world we are standing on is inside my... I suppose the closest equivalent for you would be my inner world. My TARDIS form has functionally infinite space inside, and as it doubles as my warehouse, there are very few forces in this universe that can break into it."

He paused, and blinked. "Ah, right."

He looked at Cegorach. "Is the craftworld ready for the Black Library to join it in its orbit? I am able to handle the orbital calculations with ease so that neither world is disrupted, but it won't help much if they start shooting at you or something."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

17. - Top - End - #317
    Titan in the Playground

The Black Library-Craftworld Alurmen:
    "We are, we've just been communicating with them in Aeldari about opening negotiations, explaining and the like." says a Solitaire
    "Wait " Kaerabryn ask "My god and goddess...how are you staying so long in the Materium?"
    "That is a secret."

Soon, the two Craftworlds get in orbit of each other with your help. The Two Eldar Deities go to Craftworld Alurmen in a Eldar Transport Ships with some Solitaires to protect them, if you come along you will witness the following conversation at the docks, meeting Farseer Lahys Rhesh, leader of the Craftworld but she seems....different from farseers, at least if Eldrad is any indication. Her body is a strange combination of necrodermis, the living metal making up its entirety with crystal wraithbone integrated into it glowing with psychic power. She is flanked by wraithguards with necrodemis bodies and wraithbone plating on top, and Eldar aspect warriors with necrodermis armor and weapons that don't look like weapons that other Eldar use, being black with green lighting, if a Necron were here they'd recognize these as hybrids of necron and Eldar design, and further flanking them farther you see Eldar- looking robots made out of necrodermis that aren't Wraithguard, having no soulstone at all but seem to be guards or soldiers of some kind.
    "Greetings Cegorach Laughing God. Greetings, Isha, Mother of the Eldar. I am Farseer Lahys Rhesh, We....did not expect you to visit us. Ever. What do owe the honor of our last remaining gods, gracing this exiled craftworld with your presence?"
    "Shenanigans involving human nonsense. Something came up and we had to relocate. Your hidden location and your Webway Nexus makes you the ideal Craftworld to help protect us. Even considering....well....Let me just break the ice and address the elephant in the room yes? Why are you using Necron and C'tan technology this extensively? I can see through you Farseer, are practically nothing but crystal underneath all the necrodermis! What did becoming one with your Infinity Circuit not appeal to you?"
    "....I....forgive us, Laughing God but....in our exile to the Cerberus Shroud, we found a Necron Tomb World and after they woke up, we destroyed them we took their technology and knowledge to use for ourselves. We know it could be used by the Yngir to control us, but...the material of Necrodermis just offered us such greater durability with its ability to heal on its own! Furthermore, we were thinking that....if our species is so destroyed, in such a bad state because of the Immaterium are our reliance upon it, we thought why not learn the secrets of the Necrons? They became masters of the Materium to such an extent that what they can do, is as magical as any psychic power! If it can be accomplished without the risks associated with Daemons....why not change over? It....seems obvious to us that learning such things is not only a good idea, but leads to innovations and solutions we never considered before.

Why with this technology, I can now continue to serve my Craftworld as a mobile being, despite having long past the point where Farseers turn to crystal and merge with the Circuit. The applications of using Necrodermis to build things alone is obvious but we also have made something else"
    she walks over to one of the eldar robots
    "Behold! Necroguards! A new innovation to help preserve the Eldar race- perhaps even resurge us to greatness."
    "They....do not have any soulstones." Isha observes
    "Exactly! With some innovation and taking from their we managed to figure out how to copy not an Eldar soul.....but an Eldar MIND. All these Necroguards are copies of Eldar from either the Infinity Circuit or from those who volunteer to let themselves be copied. Thus we have a great supply of Necroguard warriors whom we produce far faster than normal Eldar against our enemies without being limited by the soulstones. But because of our Webway Nexus and the fact that they don't have one themselves, we are able to send them across the galaxy to gather soulstones in secret without losing any we didn't already have. With this we've been actually steadily increasing the number of soulstones we have and thus steadily increasing our population as well."
    "....and what happens if a C'tan takes control of them?"
    "We have a self-destruct method we can activate in case that happens, and our Farseers constantly forecast the future to make sure we aren't retrieving them in the presence of any necrons or Yngir. Its not as if the Necrons don't need to be careful of the Yngir either and they seem to be doing fine enough."
    "They don't have any Eldar souls though!" says a Solitaire, to which Cegorach laughs and keeps laughing
    "....My God of Laughter, why was that funny?" he says with a sinking feeling.
    One of the Necroguards interjects
    "We are just as soulless as Solitaires. If you can serve your god without any soul, why can't we serve our Craftworld loyally without one either?"
    "....This is fine of course. But....you are all just okay with doing this?"
    "Well..." Lahys says "Admittedly there was some disagreement over incorporating such technology, but it was from Eldar largely protesting against activating Yngir technology in the first place. When we first started harvesting and examining the technology, the arguments were controversial and heated, but those against it ultimately decided to leave either walking the Path of the Outcaste or leaving for an Exodite world now that no Craftworld will accept them, if they didn't already leave because of the Yngir activation. They of course all willingly submitted to letting their memory of this location being wiped. That would've been nearly four thousand years ago. The current...conflict on it now are to whether to regard the Necroguard as real Eldar or not, everyone on the Craftworld agrees to make use of them but more traditionalist of us don't see them as true Eldar and thus of secondary importance to our lives and in a sense....they ARE created to spend their lives where we can't."
    Isha frowns at the thought. "If they are sapient, then they are living enough."
    "That...is an issue to be sure but..." Cegorach says "Another problem might be worth talking about: Eldar birthrate is really low. If your gathering soulstones at a faster rate, you cannot possibly be matching that rate no matter how good your doing. This could possibly be considered a form of soulstone hoarding which every Craftworld needs, not just you, you rich little outcasts you~ Profiting from your hidden position and not having to fight as much other Craftworlds hmmmm?"
    "....Perhaps. But its better than Chaos cultists or Drukhari getting their hands on them and doing whatever twisted things they want, and when your Craftworld is in exile, you kind of stop caring about who exiled you. However we are willing to trade with other Craftworlds if we are welcomed back into the fold and they are willing to trade with us."
    "We cannot promise anything you know." Cegorach says "We may your gods, but like any ruler, that doesn't mean everyone agrees with what we decide- oh if only I could make being too serious into a sin! Ha!- But the choice is already made. The only question is how we're going to deal with this new situation your presenting us. Presentation is everything, after all."

The Inquisition:
    A mysterious group of Inquisitors, as always presided over by a Lord Inquisitor, discuss recent events on a Shrine World in Segmentum Solar.
    "The reports have come in" The Lord Inquisitor announces. "They have definitely been confirming the......dissolution and violent purging of Nurgle cults by others amidst the mayhem the galaxy has just been thrown into. Rituals to summon his daemons either no longer work or summon....daemons that do not exactly match our daemonic taxonomies."
    "Surely this is good news?" asks an Inquisitor
    "In a sense....yes. But good news is just bad news waiting to ripen. As far as we can tell, something has killed Nurgle. This is....unprecedented. Whatever mysterious force capable of doing this is extremely powerful and potentially is a serious threat to the Imperium of Mankind."
    "How do we know its bad for us? If it killed a Chaos God, surely thats only good."
    "Far from it. Our knowledge of the Necrons, Tyranids and the C'tan point to it being completely possible for a powerful entity to exist against Chaos and still be a threat to the Imperium. Out of nowhere a mysterious being without any of our knowledge has suddenly killed one of the four beings we have been fighting against for ten thousand years and many Inquisitors have given up on winning against in absolute sense. This.....changes many things. We know that the Ruinous Powers can die now. Which means we can come up with our own method, possibly. But! We must remain vigilant. We must eliminate such a powerful being from threatening the Imperium. At any cost."
    "What if its the Emperor that did it?"
    "While I have faith in Him.....it seems strange that he'd do it now, and he isn't giving as any signs aside from clearing the Warp storm with his Light. We can't assume that it is The Emperor that did this. Speaking of which, what is the status of the Golden Throne?"
    "The Tech Priests report that the Astronomicon is steadily recovering and glowing brighter. Whatever miraculous fix that was somehow made is making sure that light is steadily returning. Sooner or later its light will return in full and we can begin reestablishing contact with the other Segmentums and if necessary, begin crusades to retake any world lost to this catastrophe."
    "Good. What of the psyker rejects we have gotten now that they're no longer sacrificed to the Golden Throne?"
    It was determined that since the Inquisition were the ones to deal with witches that they should find some use for the rejected psykers who couldn't even become a sanctioned psyker. Ideas of putting them to work as menials or as acolytes for the Inquistion are tossed around but ultimately one suggestion rings out:
    "We could perhaps....sacrifice them for something.....more beneficial." a radical inquisitor, a tech priest speaks up
    "....Go on."
    "Remember Ephrael Stern?"
    "The Adepta Sororitas that somehow got empowered by 700 souls to be incredibly powerful? Hunted by the Ordo Malleus? What do- oooooh."
    "You realize."
    "We have thousands of psykers not fit for sanctioning.....far more than what made Ephrael Stern so powerful.....we could make more of that"
    "Yes. the sister of Battle that some said could be the Imperium's greatest hope since the Primarchs, and now we have the souls many times over to recreate her. But why stop there?" says the radical inquisitor "I'm thinking to set my sights.....higher. I'm thinking: why not recreate someone with the power of the God-Emperor, the Omnissiah himself?"
    "That....is radical. Very radical. You tread upon dangerous ground, perhaps even heresy. Ephrael Stern is also an extreme danger and might even be the one who killed Nurgle for all we know!"
    "Ah but in these strange times, can we afford NOT to attempt this, to NOT be radical? Tell me Lord Inquisitor, what is more useful to the Imperium: thousands of low grade psykers who can't even make sanction, or one all powerful psyker as great as the God-Emperor himself? Especially when we're experiencing such crises, when the Tyranids, the Orks advance upon us, when some being we don't even know about, has upset the galaxy to such a degree? I have studied the nature of the soul and psykers for some time now. I have a working theory and design about how such a ritual may be carried out.
    All thats left is to find a subject of the Imperium whose loyalty and purity are unquestionable to empower with their sacrifice and the approval of you all."
    There is a silence for a few moments, it is tense as they consider this. On the one hand....this was probably heresy. Maybe. On the other hand....well the Imperium and thus humanity aren't getting any LESS doomed just because Nurgle's dead.
    "....I will approve this." says the Lord Inquisitor "But if this goes south, I reserve the right to call an Exterminatus upon whatever planet you do this on."
    "Fair." says the radical Inquisitor "But I am confident that won't be needed."
    Logistically it'll take time to gather all the needed sacrifices and organize the ritual however.

Ensara: 204 days in 24 hours
    She will be training for 204 days, 51 days for each Sidereal Martial Art- the better part of a year. The Time Bubble was necessary because of how fast the other Jumpers are going and how unwilling they seem to be take a break, that she is shortening the time down to a matter of 24 hours. This is not happening now, but rather this is to inform you that until you spend that amount of time Ensara will not be available.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-08-06 at 02:17 AM.

18. - Top - End - #318

Alex isn't saying much because her mind is racing...

With Thanoseid here this has become more than a matter of mere survival, more than just rolling over the setting that defined Grimdark, this is...

She needs a hard counter for the Anti-Life Equation. What is that? Obviously the Life Equation.

She remembers from her original self's pop culture knowledge that the White Light could be used to find an equation that could be used to derive the Life Euation, she has Whit eLight and her Alchemy Perk should let her translate it's powers into hard science, like say, mathematics... Except...

"...Why couldn't he have taken calculus?"

Of course, in her reality, the equation could induce awakenings, turn mortals into Gods, which had... side effects. If she wanted to be able to use it safely, she'd need to already be a New God and in order to safely induce an Awakening in herself she'd need another perk...

If she'd waited just ten minutes before spending that benny...

So what could she do to get another? What could compare with killing Nurgle?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Titan in the Playground

The Process:
    The Process will clarify to Alex that the rewards system does not measure the scale of the tasks done, it merely rewards you based on a task you all agree to work together on regardless of scale to a point. Obviously agreeing to all do some trivial task with not award AT, but something that is significant enough will do, it does not have to be galaxy changing, it just needs to be significant enough to qualify as say, an adventure or something.

Time Passes:
    Cegorach and Isha will negotiate with Craftworld Alurmen and sooner or later work something out and get the news out that they are alive....and that Isha walks among the Eldar again. The Harlequins will be given the location and no one else and will begin showing up to report in.

You can of course probably return to the Black Library at any time but if you want to view any prophecies during this time you can just say that you view them and they will be given.

After a day passes, Ensara will return, having learned her martial arts. She will be excited to show them assuming she can find a good target to use them on that no one will miss.

Ensara will understand Frode thinking the Tardis is the base but will be concerned about the Sabre and the former Invader Fleet that she freed and teleport to check on them and work out something if the Tardis is going to become the new base and not the Sabre. She freed these people from Imperial rule and doesn't want to just leave them behind, especially as she establishes a portal to her inner world so they can trade with her people from previous jumps and experience a life that is different from the Imperium's way of doing things, then send the fleet to the Morika system which she has great influence in due to her wealth perk.

Ensara will express an interest in going to Jagganogga system while making Exalted-level pizza. If you taste the pizza is seems to be mythically, extraordinarily good, as if someone figured out how to make the platonic ideal of pizza. she will claim that she isn't the best chef and that some Exalted specialize entirely in crafting things and thus are even better than her at it.

The Astronomicon's light will steadily recover over time and the initial mayhem of the galaxy will begin to settle.....sooner or later. However everyone knows that it will never be truly the same after this...
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-08-06 at 09:09 PM.

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    "...Why couldn't he have taken calculus?"
    It didn't really matter that Alex was whispering; Frode's senses (and sensors) were far beyond human. And while ordinarily, he would have minded his own business, Alex had said the magic word.

Another holographic instance of Frode manifested not too far from where Alex was standing.

"If you need something calculated, I may be able to help. Tell me, did the mutants of your world explore mutant circuits?"

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

21. - Top - End - #321

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    It didn't really matter that Alex was whispering; Frode's senses (and sensors) were far beyond human. And while ordinarily, he would have minded his own business, Alex had said the magic word.

Another holographic instance of Frode manifested not too far from where Alex was standing.

"If you need something calculated, I may be able to help. Tell me, did the mutants of your world explore mutant circuits?"
    "I don't think so. Zombie Apocalypse happened well before Mister X, Magneto, and Ras Al Pocalypse could set up a Meta-Mutant Nation on Krakoa the Street."

"Also, for the record, the proper term is 'Meta-Mutant' Don't ask me the taxonomic name I don't know it. Apparently, we come from Atlantis in my universe but that doesn't explain Mister X, a Skrull, so who the hell knows..."

"As for calculations... With the White Light, it should be possible to derive an equation that would in turn derive the Life Equation which should help with Thanoseid. I'm a trained Alchemist, that is to say, I can codify supernatural phenomena scientifically and turn them into something repeatable even by people who don't understand the supernatural aspect so I should be able to do it but, you know. Cosmic Math would be easier if I knew advanced math.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2023-08-06 at 09:31 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #322

"... Krakoa merged with Danny the Street?" Frode said, blinking.

"Er, right. Anyways, mutant circuits are when two or more mutants... or meta-mutants... work in tandem to achieve results greater than the sum of their parts. Like Storm and Iceman working together to create an ice age, or something like that."

"At the risk of sounding immodest, I am, in the words of a certain acquaintance of mine, very clever. If we were to combine our mental abilities using your telepathy, we should be able to figure out basically any equation you'd care to name. Although we may have to use the Vulcan Mind-Meld technique- I am a very low-grade touch-telepath, normally restricted to scientific diagrams and formulae, but your psychic abilities should be able to overcome that limitation if need be."

Frode waved a hand, idly creating metallic shapes. "We'll just need some downtime to work on it."

The secondary Frode winked out, the metallic shapes sucking into a point and vanishing with the faintest of 'pops'.

The Frode avatar that had been standing in the more public area of his control room raised his voice. "Everyone is welcome to stay in here for some downtime if they'd like to. There is a jazz club on level pi, a pool and gym on level Q, private quarters on level 9, and an arcade, holodeck, and LAN chamber on level @. If there's any specific type of room or whatever that you'd like to use, let me know what it is and then give me a few seconds to manifest a hard-light version, or up to about an hour to create a physical one if you need something permanent from it, like food, alchemical ingredients, weapons or whatever."

He paused, reminded of something that Ensara had mentioned. "I'll be bringing the outside of the TARDIS back to the Sabre, if no-one has any objections."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-08-06 at 11:49 PM.

23. - Top - End - #323

"That would certainly be a big help, but there's another problem... See, in the world, I come from, Gods run on... Well, one of th eJumps was a fanfic that had its own take on the New Gods."

Alex conjures a few glyphs and the like to use them as visual aids.

"So a soul is a naturally occurring purposeful arcane construct, basically something made of magic and ideas. Backs up your mind, becomes the seat of consciousness when the mind shuts down, and its the source of power for magic users. Spiritual beings are entities that are all soul."

"Most souls are limited on how big they can get, how much magic they can be made of and how strongly they can embody concepts. There are ways around it, especially if you're a magic user, but there's a hard limit. Quote unquote Mortal souls will cap out at around the point where the soul starts to be more substantial then the physical body so you start thinking with your soul instead of your meat-brain and the idea of you starts rejecting Imperfections in your physical form. Gods have no such limits, as long as they have access to a thaumosphere they'll keep growing stronger and eventually they'll become an embodiment of one or more of the concepts represented in their ideas."

"A purely spiritual being is an Old God, a being who has both a body and a soul is a New God."

"However, it's possible for a mortal to become a New God. This is called a Divine Awakening and... If you are not very careful about it, you'll end up following the model set by the Gods of Apokolips and New Asgard. One 'Domain' and it locks you into that, you wouldn't be able to develop any further abilities that don't fit that Domain. In the case of Superhumans, it's almost always going to be your primary power."

"If say I had Mothercube or Fathergauntlet I could awaken Molly... But she'd become a New God of Strength so for example, she'd never be able to secondary mutate and develop non-tactile psychokinesis or telepathy or any other psychic powers."

"You can also induce awakenings by, say, fully internalizing and mastering a fragment of the Life or Anti-Life Equations since properly integrating that bonds to and modifies your soul."

"If I successfully derived and integrated the Life Equation, I'd experience an Awakening and essentially become a New God of The Life Equation. Unless I was the God of something else, first."

"There's a Perk though, that would give me such a mastery of the Soul that I would induce Awakenings that... didn't lock you into a domain. Obviously, you'd still start out with say, your primary power or some major skill, but... Eventually, you'd be the God of every concept that you even remotely relate to and would still be able to gain new powers. You wouldn't be an Apokoliptian or a New Asgardian..."

"I could use it on myself to become an Amazonian Meta-Mutant New God of... Well, I guess the Green Flame was my primary power before I secondary mutated and it evolved into the White Light so either Will, Life, or Fire and expand from there, and thus be able to safely integrate the Equation."

"...So I'm not gonna lie I kind of like the idea of becoming a God"

"I'll awaken you as soon as I get the Perk. Anyway, in order to get the Perk, I need another Benny. To do that, we need to do another Quest."

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

24. - Top - End - #324

"As far as quests go, we were talking about finding out why the Jagganogga system went dark a while back, despite being Smurf country. If everybody's up for that, we can call it a quest, I think."

To Alex, he commented "The rules for apotheosis you're running under sound more like Greyhawk deities than New gods. And it almost seems like it's more a matter of focus than power, at least at first.

In any case, if you'd like to figure out the Life Formula, I can store it safely; I'd have to be cautious about shifting to human, but as a TARDIS, I run under different rules. If a look into my core could turn what had to be one of the most basic vanilla humans in existence into the Bad Wolf, a nigh-omnipotent timegod, I can handle cosmic maths.
    "

He paused. "I would suggest doing it while we have some downtime mainly because, well..." he gestured vaguely at the universe at large "... that.

While he waited for Alexandra to think about things, he looked more closely at Molly, his brow wrinkling.

"Forgive me, young one, but Alex said your name was Molly, correct? Intriguing. I believe I was acquainted with your counterpart on the Earth of my first Jump."

He smiled slightly. "She would also have leapt at godhood, had the opportunity presented itself."

This is...

The Last Call of Cthulhu

25. - Top - End - #325
    Titan in the Playground

Return to the Sabre:
    As you do so, it will noticeably become more bustling over the next few days. Strange people from Ensara's Inner World will poking around, such as Izzet and Kaladesh artificers studying the tech around them, myr (cute little beak-nosed robots) from Mirrodin helping out where they can, much of these inhabitants casually greeting Ensara with friendliness and when you meet Rhiannon again she will be talking to a blood ape in monk's robes:
    "....and so thats why I can't explain how my enlightenment of climbing the endless mountain of Qaf has reigned in my based blood ape instincts and let me find inner peace to a human. It is not an enlightenment appropriate for one! Humans should seek human enlightenment, for the lessons Qaf teaches are not meant for them."
    He notices and turns to Ensara
    "Oh hello Ensara! The religions around here are quite interesting. Oddly monotheistic like the God-Emperor and Isha but its always interesting learn about new cultures."
    "Hey. Everyone is Muzganoz the Enlightened, Muzganoz this is my fellow Jumpers, Frode, Alex and Edward, and this is Kaerabryn an Eldar on the Path of the Outcaste. Don't worry about him being a demon, Exalted demons are very different from most worlds, and all the ones that come with me are safe. But I how did you know about Isha, Muz?"
    "Oh, there is a human priest of Isha on your ship now among those you call the mutants. They teach compassion and healing to their flock, and I get the impression its quite a new religion, they had a vision not too long ago and have demonstrated some healing powers when someone had an accident and injured themselves."
    "Ah, I see. Seems Isha is being more active than Cegorach in spreading her message."
    "Ah, she is a Goddess you can talk to? Fascinating, they're always a bit more lively than the silent religions, like that God-Emperor one, reminds me of the Fajadi God."
    Rhiannon replies
    "Sigh. If circumstances were different I'd be calling everything thats happening around me heresy yet.....Its so strange. Your followers, Ensara. They're all so....accepting of other viewpoints, their minds so unguarded. I find it dangerous to be so yet....you find a strange strength in it. I can't explain it. Are other worlds really that safe in comparison?"
    "From one point of view....yes. From another.....no."
    Ensara says "For example, Thanoseid and his Anti-Life Equation is very similar to Chaos Corruption in many respects, but is some ways more terrifying."
    "Do people in that world take more extremes measure than us to guard against it then?"
    "No. The DC universe is one of the most philosophically in favor of the goodness of people and doesn't do anything like the Imperium to defend against it."
    "Then how does it survive against such a threat?"
    "Through heroes willing to fight against it so that others don't have to."
    "Hm. That sounds similar to the Imperium many military forces or the Inquisition to my viewpoint. What then is the difference?"
    "Well, for one the heroes do not cause Exterminatus and kill far less people or even none to save the day."
    "No killing....at all? That's foreign to me. You kill do you not?"
    "Never said I was one of them. Probably more an anti-hero in some respects than hero. But that doesn't mean I need to be all Punisher about it."
    "You'd advocate for things you do not believe in?"
    "Ideals are rarely literal or feasible in application. I simply am not much of a principles person."
    "Sigh....this is making my head spin with all this talk, what are we doing next?"
    "I'm also thinking of going to Jagganogga, investigating whats happening there."
    "...Very well. can I come along to investigate as well? I want to see how such a stable system could turn rebel like this."
    "I don't see why not."

Transit to Jagganogga:
    The Sabre will warp travel to the Jagganogga system, taking about one to six weeks depending on the Warp and whether Frode decides to speed it up with his Tardis to just get there instantly (just saying he has already demonstrated the ability to teleport something the size of a planet across the galaxy twice seemingly effortlessly). During which Ensara will offer to use Exalted sorcery to fix Mancylops's too many eyes mutation.
    "You could really do that?" she asks
    "Yes. Could use sorcery to take away all the mutations of all the mutants on this ship honestly. Make you all normal. But that wouldn't be freedom. I have to make sure your choosing that, because you might want to choose differently."
    "Differently how?"
    "I could turn your mutations to be more beneficial, more beautiful, to make them something your proud of, rather than something to erase. Differences after all should be embraced, and what you wish to with your body is your choice. If you want to be a normal human, I'll do that but if you want me to instead turn your many eyes into something you want, something you prefer, I'll do that instead."
    "Well....I guess that the eyes mutation while...a hassle....did help me sometimes back in the underhive, allowed me to see attacks coming from behind. Despite the harsh life its given me its kept me alive and made me who I am in a way and....well I'd probably still be scum if I didn't have it. So I'd like to make my eyes more beautiful. Make it into something I can use."
    "Very well"
    Ensara will perform a sorcerous working over a week, a ritual to permanently change Manyclops eyes into a more symmetrical and beautiful form, getting rid of unneeded eyes and moving others into more pleasing configurations so that she has three eyes on her head, the third eye above and between the two others, an eye on the back of her neck and an eye on the back of her hands. When she is done, Manyclops looks upon her body
    "This....is so much better! So more random eyes where I don't need them....but why did it take so long to perform?"
    "That is a sorcerous working, Exalted Sorcery is never particularly fast, even the fastest spells aren't ones you typically cast in personal combat, but sorcerous workings are ones that require a lot of set up to do anything even if they make permanent changes on the world."
    "Could you change more?"
    "A lot. Creation is much smaller than a galaxy, but Adamant Circle Sorcerous workings have the potential to subtly change the very rules of the cosmos if I do it right and don't screw up."
    "Does scale matter with a sorcerous working?"
    "It matters a lot. the bigger the scale and scope of a working, the more things that could go wrong, the more time it takes, the more essence I have to gather to do what I want. But if I do it right, it makes a change to the world that cannot be reversed."
    "And if you screw up?"
    "Well its not the end of the world or the working but it often does mean there are complications to work out. Once knew a Twilight Caste who created a girlfriend for himself from a statue, botched the working right at the end out of impatience and while she was mostly everything he wanted....she could only live on a diet of certain rocks. He had to do things to keep a constant supply of them around so she could live."
    "Couldn't he just reverse it?"
    "No. He could've perhaps made a working to mitigate the effects but that would be its own strangeness. They'd cancel each other out in terms of results but the process would still be strange. Once a sorcerous working is done.....it can't really be undone. Not really. Like, he couldn't change her diet to normal, he had to make trees that grew stone-fruit that could be picked and stockpiled for her to eat."
    "That is incredibly strange."
    "Indeed. Its one of the reasons I don't use Sorcerous workings often. Not only do they take time, but their consequences aren't truly reversible. It can only add and go forward, not go back. This gets weirder results the more you do it."
    "Sounds a bit like the Warp in how it changes things but....slower, more deliberate. Not able to go back."
    "Well Creation's not a world where stuff like retcons or resurrections can even happen so....enjoy the fact your body's remade now. There is nothing that can truly reverse how it is now."
    Except maybe perks, but those don't count.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2023-08-07 at 06:03 PM.

26. - Top - End - #326

"Forgive me, young one, but Alex said your name was Molly, correct? Intriguing. I believe I was acquainted with your counterpart on the Earth of my first Jump."

He smiled slightly. "She would also have leapt at godhood, had the opportunity presented itself."
    "...The superstrong runaway or the insane clown?"

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #327

Frode hesitated.

"Iiiiii... er, I take it the existential crisis has been and gone, then? Most people would not take the revelation that they are a composite being quite so well.

But to answer your question, it was Molly Hayes, aka Princess Powerful, aka Bruiser, the superstrong runaway, that I encountered. A surprisingly sweet child, given what she has been through.
    "

Frode's face turned grave, and the metallic shapes that sometimes streamed around him gained a somewhat spikier aspect. Those who had known him for a while would recognize it as being as close as the stoic Norseman came to uncomfortable fidgeting.

"I only wish that I had been able to do more for her and her friends, given everything that happened later."
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-08-08 at 01:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #328
    Titan in the Playground

Ensara:
    Turns out the one week that Ensara spent on a sorcerous working was the only week you spent in the Warp this time. She will not have time to do anything else.

So without further ado.....

Mission 04: Rebellion of Jagganogga
    "Imperium Vs. Reality"

You warp into the Jagganogga solar system. A map you have depicts a yellow star with eleven planets orbiting around it. Most of the planets follow a naming scheme of "Jagganogga (Number)", the system being found by a Rogue Trader named Jagganog a long time ago. Some basic information is provided to you through either Rhiannon informing you or what records could be found about them:

Spoiler: Jagganogga Planets
    Show
    1-Hive World: Jagganogga I
    Closest planet to the Jagganoggan sun, it is also its political capital and economic center, the entire planet covered by cityscape.

2-Civilized World: Jagganogga II
    Second closest, it is the planet that most contributes to the Imperial Guard with its professional PDF regiments after the failure of recruiting from Jagganogga VI, but is otherwise a normal civilized imperial world.

3-Agri-World: Jagganogga III
    The Third closest, this world is an agri world that feeds the rest of the system, mostly Jagganogga I.

4-Shrine World: Celestora
    A Shrine World founded by a Sister of Battle known as Celestora, it was named for her after her martyrdom

5-Knight World/Feudal World: Jagganogga IV
    A feudal world ruled by a nobility of imperial knight pilots.

6-Adeptus Astartes World: Jagganogga V
    The world that the Azure Teachers Chapter are based upon and recruit from now, they are often away from base on one mission or another to defend the Imperium due to Jagganogga not seeing any action, leaving only serfs to manage their base.

7-Death World/Feral World: Jagganogga VI
    A Death World, this planet's ecology is too dangerous to establish higher technology and its inhabitants subsist as nomadic tribes. It used to be used as recruitment for space marines and the imperial guard but was discontinued due to various difficulties and greater effectiveness of Jagganoggan II regiments. It is full of dangerous other nonsapient xeno life forms highly resistant to normal colonization.

8- Forge World: Melchorn's Forge
    A Forge world of the Adpetus Mechanicus, founded by Melchorn, an explorator on Jagganog's crew.

9- Industrial World: Jagganogga VII
    An industrial world that is due to its distance from the sun is not considered a good place to live, full of manufactorums

10-Penal World/Mining World: Jagganogga VIII
    A penal mining world where prisoners are sent to mine the ore that is processed into finished products on Jagganogga VII. Most people don't want to go there because of how far it is from the sun.

11-Dead World: Jagganogga IX
    The farthest planet from the Jagganoggan sun, it is a dead world with mysterious ruins forbidden for anyone to set foot on. It is said to be a cursed place

However you also spot nearby an Inquisition Black Ship floating in space on the edge of the system, Rhiannon orders Astropath Xiao to contact it and he replies:
    "....I can't. I detect no life in the Black ship."
    "....No life? Detect anything else?"
    "No Chaos or anything else either. the ship is just.....dead."
    "....What about the planets?"
    "They all have life on them....aside from Jagganogga IX, which makes sense. Was always a dead planet."
    "....Inquisitorial Black Ships are basically Battle Barges designed for inquisitors. What could kill an entire Black Ship like this? I want to investigate it" Rhiannon says

29. - Top - End - #329

"[color="#808080"]Iiiiii... er, I take it the existential crisis has been and gone, then? Most people would not take the revelation that they are a composite being quite so well.
    "Yeah, Alex was pretty up front about what her deal was and how this all works and, you know, the whole planet getting eaten by super zombies kinda puts a stopper on other problems."
    "I only wish that I had been able to do more for her and her friends, given everything that happened later."
    Zombie Apocalypse or Meta-Mutant Genocide?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Ensara:
    Turns out the one week that Ensara spent on a sorcerous working was the only week you spent in the Warp this time. She will not have time to do anything else.

So without further ado.....

Mission 04: Rebellion of Jagganogga
    "Imperium Vs. Reality"

You warp into the Jagganogga solar system. A map you have depicts a yellow star with eleven planets orbiting around it. Most of the planets follow a naming scheme of "Jagganogga (Number)", the system being found by a Rogue Trader named Jagganog a long time ago. Some basic information is provided to you through either Rhiannon informing you or what records could be found about them:

Spoiler: Jagganogga Planets
    Show
    1-Hive World: Jagganogga I
    Closest planet to the Jagganoggan sun, it is also its political capital and economic center, the entire planet covered by cityscape.

2-Civilized World: Jagganogga II
    Second closest, it is the planet that most contributes to the Imperial Guard with its professional PDF regiments after the failure of recruiting from Jagganogga VI, but is otherwise a normal civilized imperial world.

3-Agri-World: Jagganogga III
    The Third closest, this world is an agri world that feeds the rest of the system, mostly Jagganogga I.

4-Shrine World: Celestora
    A Shrine World founded by a Sister of Battle known as Celestora, it was named for her after her martyrdom

5-Knight World/Feudal World: Jagganogga IV
    A feudal world ruled by a nobility of imperial knight pilots.

6-Adeptus Astartes World: Jagganogga V
    The world that the Azure Teachers Chapter are based upon and recruit from now, they are often away from base on one mission or another to defend the Imperium due to Jagganogga not seeing any action, leaving only serfs to manage their base.

7-Death World/Feral World: Jagganogga VI
    A Death World, this planet's ecology is too dangerous to establish higher technology and its inhabitants subsist as nomadic tribes. It used to be used as recruitment for space marines and the imperial guard but was discontinued due to various difficulties and greater effectiveness of Jagganoggan II regiments. It is full of dangerous other nonsapient xeno life forms highly resistant to normal colonization.

8- Forge World: Melchorn's Forge
    A Forge world of the Adpetus Mechanicus, founded by Melchorn, an explorator on Jagganog's crew.

9- Industrial World: Jagganogga VII
    An industrial world that is due to its distance from the sun is not considered a good place to live, full of manufactorums

10-Penal World/Mining World: Jagganogga VIII
    A penal mining world where prisoners are sent to mine the ore that is processed into finished products on Jagganogga VII. Most people don't want to go there because of how far it is from the sun.

11-Dead World: Jagganogga IX
    The farthest planet from the Jagganoggan sun, it is a dead world with mysterious ruins forbidden for anyone to set foot on. It is said to be a cursed place

However you also spot nearby an Inquisition Black Ship floating in space on the edge of the system, Rhiannon orders Astropath Xiao to contact it and he replies:
    "....I can't. I detect no life in the Black ship."
    "....No life? Detect anything else?"
    "No Chaos or anything else either. the ship is just.....dead."
    "....What about the planets?"
    "They all have life on them....aside from Jagganogga IX, which makes sense. Was always a dead planet."
    "....Inquisitorial Black Ships are basically Battle Barges designed for inquisitors. What could kill an entire Black Ship like this? I want to investigate it" Rhiannon says
    Alex scans the ship herself. No life doesn't mean no minds.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #330

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Zombie Apocalypse or Meta-Mutant Genocide?
    Frode sighed and shook his head slightly. "In some ways, it would have almost been easier if it had been one of those. I only heard about it through the grapevine after the fact, but it was a lunatic with vast resources and a grudge- Arcade. I'm not sure what happened to them- those kids are remarkably good at going to ground when they want to, and I was off-Earth by that point, so they might have escaped. Maybe."

He gave a small, frustrated shrug. "It is a regret I have carried for years now, along with all the other times that I could potentially have done more. But where does one draw the line?"

A bark of mirthless laughter. "Why don't you put the *world* in a bottle, Super-Soldier?"

Frode passed the week in transit studying the Sabre, making minor, largely unnoticeable improvements- mostly, the Gellar Field would now fry any approaching daemons like flies hitting a bugzapper.

After arrival in the Jagganogga system, Frode frowned across the void at the lifeless Black Ship.

"No life and no Chaos suggests we'll find one of two things aboard. Nothing... or Necrons."

He stretched his own senses out towards the fresh spacehulk, looking for non-Warp jumpdrives, folds in space, even just live energy signatures that differed from the usual Imperium ones.
    Last edited by TeChameleon; 2023-08-10 at 11:12 PM.