New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 30 of 50 FirstFirst ... 5202122232425262728293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Any Orc/Goblinoid Fans??

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    So should I errata them to have access to all 0 level spells on the Wizard list do you think?
    I don't think all cantrips are necessarily appropriate for Duskblades, as I wouldn't necessarily give them Illusion or Enchantment spells.
    Goblin Cannon Crew avatar by Vrythas.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gnome Gun Mage avatar by NEO|Phyte
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
    Damn you Cieyrin! Cieyrin!!!!!read as Khaaaaan!

My badges! :D
    My Homebrew
    The Gunslinger's Handbook
    Archetype Combo List!

2. - Top - End - #872
    Titan in the Playground

They only have 4 apparently and theyre all in the PHB. Someone else told me to look through the class a lil closer. Apparently they arent listed on the spell list for Duskblades, but they are in the class entry somewhere.

Massive D'oh! moment...
    Revised avatar by Trixie, New avvie by Crisis21!
    Mah Fluffy Death Critters
    Orcs and Goblins
    Behold the Power of Kitteh!
    Backup threads available here

3. - Top - End - #873
    Titan in the Playground

Okay it should be obvious Enchant Armor is pretty much gonna be just like Enchant weapon, but for defense. Think it deserves more than 3 levels of caster loss as is?
    Orcs and Goblins

4. - Top - End - #874
    Ettin in the Playground

Honestly, I think the class could live at full casting, considering the limitations Duskblades already have, casting-wise.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

I just have to figure out the proper spells for each armor/weapon ability, and do the capstone and this one is pretty much done.
    Orcs and Goblins

6. - Top - End - #876
    Titan in the Playground

OK everyone like the ENchant abilities as is? I just have to figure out what spell level to sacrifice and those two abilities are good.
    Orcs and Goblins

7. - Top - End - #877
    Titan in the Playground

Demonsword is done cept for example npc. Thoughts?
    Orcs and Goblins

8. - Top - End - #878
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Looks awesome as always, Bhu.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

9. - Top - End - #879
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Good thing I asked you to tinker with those classes

10. - Top - End - #880
    Titan in the Playground

Well then whilst I finish up the Demonsword NPC I might as well pop up the beginning of the next critter:

KNIGHT OF THE CRIMSON SWORD

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

“Kill a man, and you are a murderer. Kill millions of men, and you are a conqueror. Kill everyone, and you are a god.”

The Knights of the Crimson Sword are a company of Knights exclusive to the Hobgoblin race. Their purpose is to destroy the enemies of the Goblinoid races by any means necessary, and they are often used as shock troops in times of war. Meant for offense instead of defense, the Knights are never held in reserve to defend the people, they are sent to crush opposition or weaken enemy defenses in preparation for the Hobgoblins main army moving in. Many of their missions are suicidal at best.

BECOMING A KNIGHT OF THE CRIMSON SWORD
    All Knights of the Crimson Sword begin as experienced Knights, and must be accepted by a current member of the order.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Hobgoblin
    Class Abilities: Knight's Challenge, Vigilant Defender
    BAB: +6
    Skills: Intimidate 6 ranks, Knowledge (War) 3 ranks, Ride 6 ranks
    Feats: Combat Reflexes, Intimidating Strike
    Special: Must be sponsored by a current member of the Order.

Class Skills
    The Knight of the Crimson Sword's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Geography, Nobility, War)(Int), Ride (Dex), and Swim (Str)
    Skills Points at Each Level : 2 + int

Hit Dice: d12

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +1    +2     +0     +0    Fear is the 1st Key to Victory, Knights Challenge
    2. +2    +3     +0     +0    Being Willing to Die the 2nd
    3. +3    +3     +1     +1    And Skill at Arms the 3rd
    4. +4    +4     +1     +1    Fear is the 1st Key to Victory
    5. +5    +4     +1     +1    Being Willing to Die the 2nd
    6. +6    +5     +2     +2    And Skill at Arms the 3rd
    7. +7    +5     +2     +2    Fear is the 1st Key to Victory
    8. +8    +6     +2     +2    Being Willing to Die the 2nd
    9. +9    +6     +3     +3    And Skill at Arms the 3rd
    10.+10   +7     +3     +3    For Hates Sake I Spit My Last Breath at Thee
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Knight of the Crimson Sword gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

Knights Challenge: Your Knight and Knight of the Crimson Sword levels stack for purposes of determining how many times per day you can use your Knight's Challenge ability.

Fear is the 1st Key to Victory (Ex): At 1st level you get a +4 Competence Bonus on Intimidate Checks.

At 4th level when you successfully use your Intimidating Strike Feat, your opponent is Frightened for 1d3 rounds in addition to being Shaken for the duration of the encounter.

At 7th level when you successfully use your Intimidating Strike Feat, your opponent is Panicked for 1d3 rounds in addition to being Shaken for the duration of the encounter.

Being Willing to Die the 2nd (Ex): At 2nd level you can willingly lose your Dexterity Bonus to Armor Class at the beginning of your round as a Free Action. You may regain it as a Free Action as well, but not until the beginning of your next turn. While your Dex Bonus to AC is voluntarily lowered you gain a Circumstance Bonus on all Damage Rolls equal to your Effective Character Level.

At 5th level you get this Bonus to all Attack Rolls as well.

At 8th level, if you successfully confirm a Critical hit on an opponent while your Ac is voluntarily lowered, he must make a Fortitude Save (DC is 10 plus half HD plus Str Modifier) or die immediately. If he is successful, he instead takes maximum damage from your strike (you do not need to roll).

And Skill at Arms the 3rd (Ex): At level 3 you get Improved Vigilant Defender: You may expend a use of your Knights Challenge to make an Attack of Opportunity against any opponent who would normally be immune to one, such as from the Mobility or Improved Grapple Feats, or one making a tumble Check.

At level 6 you may expend a use of your Knights Challenge ability to avoid provoking an Attack of Opportunity when you make an Attack that would normally do so (i.e. trying t pass an enemy, making a Grapple, Trip or other attack that provokes an attack of opportunity).

At level 9 you may expend a use of your Knights Challenge ability to Smite one opponent who has damaged an Ally. If this attack successfully hits, the opponent must make a Fortitude Save (Save DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Str Modifier) or be Dazed for 1d3 rounds.

For Hates Sake I Spit My Last Breath at Thee (Ex): At 10th level, you may fight and act normally below 0 hp, and may continue to fight until you are at negative hit points equal to 10 plus your Con score (i.e. if you have a Con of 15 you may fight until -25 hp). If you can be healed above 0 hp within this time you will not die, otherwise you will expire when you reach the appropriate negative hp. Note that you do not stabilize, and ocntinue to lose 1 hp per round below 0 hp.

PLAYING A KNIGHT OF THE CRIMSON SWORD
    Protecting the Goblinoid races takes precedence, and the best way to protect them is to eradicate anything that could be a potential threat (even before it becomes one). This may lead you to occasionally make some odd partners, and work with races that wouldn't otherwise make peaceful contact with your people. it also leads to occasional conflict. For example if you work with the Humans to solve a mutual threat, you're pledged not to betray the humans if they aren't currently enemies, because that would make them enemies of the Hobgoblins. But the Hobgoblin military may order you to.
    Combat: The Knight's are almost suicidal in combat, often calling out the most powerful opponent on the other side to single combat. If there are no worthy opponents, and the situation doesn't call for them to die to complete their mission, they are fairly good schemers. But if dying is the only way, the Knights rarely hesitate to do so.
    Advancement: The Knights are required to be among the best combatants their society has to offer. If they slouch they end up dead on a mission, or drummed out in disgrace. For that reason most Knights tend to concentrate on their fighting abilities.
    Resources: Being a Knightly Order, the Knights usually enjoy the support of Hobgoblin society (and the other Goblinoids as well to a lesser extent). They can often find shelter or supplies, although said supplies are often of indifferent quality or stolen as many Goblinoids are not the most greatest artisans.

KNIGHTS OF THE CRIMSON SWORD IN THE WORLD
    "If it weren't for the Knights the Elves and Humans would've run us out long ago."
    The Knights of the Crimson Sword are an odd bunch in many ways. You're expected to die in combat, in defense of many people who will gladly let you do so in order to escape that fate themselves. You are expected to endure hardships, and experiences alien to your kind in order to ensure the survival of your race. You are told to conduct yourself honorably, when you come from among a race that doesn't place that high a value on honorable deeds compared to results.
    Daily Life: Your daily life is filled with training and duties for the Order. Unless you have been given a mission, in which case you are kept busy with that. You have no downtime but for moments in the mission when you are waiting for events to unfold properly.
    Notables: Durum (LE Male Hobgoblin Knight 6/Knight of the Crimson Sword 5) is a fairly well known Knight in the communities close to the Hobgoblin fiefdom. He's also the Hobgoblins chief muscle if something needs done (most specifically someone needs killed).
    Organizations: The Knights of the Crimson Sword are their own organization, and a fairly well funded one. They aren't incredibly large, as few Hobgoblins meet the prerequisites to join, and many members are killed on missions.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's are torn regarding the Knights. On the one hand the Knights seem fairly honorable, and can even be helpful if it's for the benefit of the Hobgoblin race. On the other hand, their suicidal warriors willing to die at a moments notice. Granted this is only if the NPC's race and the Hobgoblins aren't already at war. If they are, then they hate the Knights with a passion.

KNIGHTS OF THE CRIMSON SWORD IN THE GAME
    The Knights can work with other races, which means that if players wish to be a Hobgoblin in a mixed race campaign, this PrC gives them a way to do that without you adjusting how the races work if Hobgoblins are still evil militants.
    Adaptation: The Knights fit best in a military campaign, or in a diplomatic one between races. They're also one of the few Hobgoblin warrior cliques willing to work outside the normal boundaries of their race.
    Encounters: PC's can always encounter the Knights in time of ware or trouble, and beyond that they are rarely seen except on the odd mission that involves them being quiet and unobtrusive.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: A horde of Phase Spiders is overwhelming the Hobgoblin homeland, and have begun swarming out into the human lands as well. The PC's have been asked to team with a group of Hobgoblin Knights to go and find the source of their sudden numbers and ferocity.

Durum
    LE Male Hobgoblin Knight 6/Knight of the Crimson Sword 5
    Init +0, Senses: Listen +1, Spot +1, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin
    ------------------------------------------------
    AC 26, touch 10, flat-footed 26 (+9 Armor, +7 Shield)
    hp 104 (11 HD)
    Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +7
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee +4 Longsword +17/+12/+7 (1d8+6)
    Base Atk +11, Grp +13
    Atk Options Knights Challenge 8/day (Fighting Challenge +1, Test of Mettle), Fear is the 1st Key to Victory, Being Willing to Die the 2nd (+12)
    Combat Gear 6 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 13, Cha 16
    SQ Armor Mastery (Medium), Vigilant Defender, Shield Ally, Bulwark of Defense, Shield Block +1, Knights Code
    Feats Combat Reflexes, Hold the Line, Intimidating Strike, Phalanx Fighting, Endurance (B), Mounted Combat (B)
    Skills Climb +4, Diplomacy +5, Intimidate +13, Knowledge (War) +5, Knowledge (Geography, Nobility) +2, Move Silently +4, Ride +6
    Possessions +5 Breastplate, +5 Heavy Steel Shield, +4 Longsword, 6 Potions of Cure Serious Wounds, 665 GP

EPIC KNIGHT OF THE CRIMSON SWORD

Hit Die: d12
    Knights Challenge You continue to gain daily uses of your Knights Challenge ability.
    Bonus Feats: The Epic Knight of the Crimson Sword gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-12-03 at 06:51 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

11. - Top - End - #881
    Firbolg in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

0.o

How did this go so very far from Orcs and Goblinoids D:

12. - Top - End - #882
    Ettin in the Playground

Love me some goblins. But I use a certain type of goblin...small, sneaky, cowardly...and...BRILLIANT! Well, maybe not brilliant, but goblins are the Tinker Gnomes (DL Reference) of my campaign world. Kind of Warcrafty goblins mixed with Warhammery gretchin (or grotz, if you prefer). This has carried over into my 4e campaign world as well.
    I also had a PrC for goblins, but it may already have been worked here: The 'Goblin Sapper.' I would detail it, but I suck at BB code, so I don't quite get the whole table-making thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause-to-effect, but actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.
    Awesomesauce Doctor WhOotS-atar by Ceika!

13. - Top - End - #883
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dsmiles View Post
    Love me some goblins. But I use a certain type of goblin...small, sneaky, cowardly...and...BRILLIANT! Well, maybe not brilliant, but goblins are the Tinker Gnomes (DL Reference) of my campaign world. Kind of Warcrafty goblins mixed with Warhammery gretchin (or grotz, if you prefer). This has carried over into my 4e campaign world as well.
    I also had a PrC for goblins, but it may already have been worked here: The 'Goblin Sapper.' I would detail it, but I suck at BB code, so I don't quite get the whole table-making thing.
    I have a template for the code if you want.
    Orcs and Goblins

14. - Top - End - #884
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Acanous View Post
    0.o

How did this go so very far from Orcs and Goblinoids D:
    Im not sure what you mean. All of the races PrC's are meant for are either Goblinoids or Orcs (although some like the Tanarruk are half Orcs).
    Orcs and Goblins

15. - Top - End - #885
    Titan in the Playground

Okay all of the fluffy bits are up for the Knights. WIll have the crunch started on Monday if work lets me out in time
    Orcs and Goblins

16. - Top - End - #886
    Banned

Just wondering, with the content filling up this thread, if the OP can format the links? That is, sectionalize it into PRCs, base classes, deities, races, etc.?
    ------

Also, I'm wondering if this will ever move onto ogres, trolls, ettin, etc., just to expand the possibilities for those LA races?

IMO, ogres and trolls are also 'green skins' and ettin are where the line is pretty much drawn (the most extreme; this assumes that ettin aren't merely two headed ogres).

Also, what about warcraft trolls? The cunningly evil, lanky practicioners of voodoo and axe-throwing?

This is pretty exciting, considering it makes it a lot easier to start an adventure involving 'kill the humans' rather than 'slay the orcs and save the day' without immediately involving evil alignment issues and having to resolve potential party back stabbing.

Finally: I don't know whether or not bugbears got enough love. I was looking at my avatar just now.
    Last edited by imp_fireball; 2009-11-22 at 05:42 PM.

17. - Top - End - #887
    Titan in the Playground

I can format the links, but keep in mind 95% of them are PrC's.

Ettins and Trolls will be in a Giant Thread I'm considering after this one.

Bugbears will be getting more stuff.
    Orcs and Goblins

18. - Top - End - #888
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Bhu View Post
    Ettins and Trolls will be in a Giant Thread I'm considering after this one.
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YE S!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Sorry. I just joygasmed.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

19. - Top - End - #889
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YE S!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YES!YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

Sorry. I just joygasmed.
    Someone likes his Giants...
    Orcs and Goblins

20. - Top - End - #890
    Ettin in the Playground

Sorry. I just joygasmed.
    tmi TMI! @_@
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Archetype Combo List!

21. - Top - End - #891
    Titan in the Playground

Okay the Knights 1st two abilities are up. Think they're over the top?
    Orcs and Goblins

22. - Top - End - #892
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry. I just joygasmed.
    Bhu, don't worry. He does that a lot.

And no, i don't think the abilities are overpowered, just that as it is, they don't grant any continuation of the Knight features, making me wonder exactly why they were prerequisites.

Perhaps the Fear one should cost Knight's Challenge uses and add the levels together for the purposes of how many you get each day.
    Last edited by Mulletmanalive; 2009-11-26 at 08:45 AM.
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

23. - Top - End - #893
    Titan in the Playground

Theoretically the Knight is now done except for the example NPC. Any thoughts on the abilities now?
    Orcs and Goblins

24. - Top - End - #894
    Titan in the Playground

BLUE SAND SHAMAN

[IMG]Picture URL[/IMG]

“If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it, write it in the sand near the water's edge.''

Blue Sand Shamans are the minions of the evil Blue Dragons, used to corrupt and sabotage any nearby kingdoms or towns not under its sway. They forgo much of the usual powers of their kind to channel their abilities elsewhere. The Rite of Blue Sands gives them unique powers they can use to spy upon and disrupt the efforts of their masters enemies.

BECOMING A BLUE SAND SHAMAN
    A prospective Dragon Shaman must be sponsored by a current Blue Sand Shaman or Blue Dragon in order to undergo the Rite of Blue Sands (and being a tad racist they only accept Sunscorch Hobgoblins). The Rite takes 24 hours, and at it's conclusion the participant is left with only 1 hit point. But he may now take levels in Blue Sand Shaman.

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
    Race: Sunscorch Hobgoblin
    Skills: Intimidate 4 ranks, Knowledge (Nature) 4 ranks
    Feats: Sandskimmer, Sand Camouflage (see Sandstorm for these Feats)
    Dragon Totem: Blue
    Class Features: Touch of Vitality
    Special: Must undergo the Rite of Blue Sands

Class Skills
    The Blue Sand Shaman's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Bluff (Cha), Climb (Str), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Knowledge (Geography, Nature)(Int), Listen (Wis), Move Silently (Dex), Search (Int), Sense Motive (Wis), Spot (Wis), and Survival (Wis)

Hit Dice: d10

Code:
       BAB  Fort    Ref    Will  Abilities
    1. +0    +2     +0     +2    One With the Sand
    2. +1    +3     +0     +3    The Curse of Blue Sand
    3. +2    +3     +1     +3    Corrupt Vitality
    4. +3    +4     +1     +4    One With the Sand
    5. +3    +4     +1     +4    The Curse of Blue Sand
    6. +4    +5     +2     +5    Corrupt Vitality
    7. +5    +5     +2     +5    One With the Sand
    8. +6    +6     +2     +6    The Curse of Blue Sand
    9. +6    +6     +3     +6    Corrupt Vitality
    10.+7    +7     +3     +7    Breath of Sand
    Weapon Proficiencies: A Blue Sand Shaman gains no new weapon or armor proficiencies.

One With the Sand (Su): At 1st level you permanently gain the benefits of the Waste Strider spell on your person (see Sandstorm).

At 4th level you may cast the spell Soul of the Waste at Will (See Sandstorm).

At 7th level you may cast the spell Sandform (see Sandstorm) 5/day.

The Curse of Blue Sand (Su): At 2nd level you may cast Dispel Water and Slipsand 3/day.

At 5th level you may cast Choking Sands 3/day, and cast Mummify and Sandstorm 1/day.

At 7th level you may convert an appropriately large patch of sand into a Devil Dune (see Sandstorm page 20) once per week. You may now also cast Dispel Water and Slipsand at will, Choking Sands 5/day, and Sandstorm 3/day.

Corrupt Vitality (Su): The Blue Sand Shamans PrC levels stack with his
    Dragon Shaman levels to determine the amount of damage you can heal with your Touch of Vitality, and what effects you have access to (i.e. removing conditions and such).
    At level 3, any creature you use your Touch of Vitality on must make a Willpower Save (DC is 10 plus 1/2 HD plus Charisma Modifier) or become addicted to the ability. For rules on addiction see the Book of Vile Darkness page 41, this has an Addiction rating of high. You also gain an additional 5 points of healing per day.

At level 6, any creature addicted to your Touch whose addiction rating passes above high (i.e. has been addicted 2 months or more) now can no longer heal wounds normally without your Touch of Vitality or by magical means. You also gain an additional 5 points of healing per day.

At level 9, any creature addicted to your Touch whose addiction rating passes above high (i.e. has been addicted 2 months or more) now can no longer heal wounds normally without your Touch of Vitality, including magic.
    This addiction can be cured by the following spells: Break Enchantment, Limited Wish, Miracle, or Wish. You also gain an additional 5 points of healing per day.

Breath of Sand (Su): At 10th level when you use your Breath Weapon or Draconic Aura abilities on someone addicted to your Touch of Vitality your Blue Sand Shaman and Dragon Shaman levels stack for purposes of determining their power. For example a Dragon Shaman 6/Blue Sand Shaman 10 has a Breath Weapon doing 8d6 electricity damage in a 60' Line with a Save DC of (18 + Con Modifier), and the Bonus from it's Draconic Aura is +4. The Shaman also has Fast Healing 3 so long as it remains in contact with sand.

PLAYING A BLUE SAND SHAMAN
    the Great Dragon has blessed you with powers unavailable to all but a few, and you owe him your life for it. He has made you a Power on the world, even if you are a Power subservient to him, who is in turn subservient to a greater Power yet. Even if your tribe had not turned from the Old Gods long ago, you would still choose this path. For what has Maglubiyet ever done but sacrifice his children to further his own goals?
    Combat: Blue Sand Shamans are powers behind the throne type guys. They work out of sight behind the scenes, and avoid physical combat. Being forced to participate in it is generally considered a sign of weakness among them because it means you have risked too mcuh and exposed yourself.
    Advancement: Blue Sand Shamans advance as their patron Dragon wishes them to, most usually as spies and assassins to further his own goals.
    Resources: Blue Sand Shamans can draw upon the resources of their cult and their Dragon if it's to further his goals. Even on the rare chance they are acting on their own goals, they have enough status among their tribe that they can command help.

BLUE SAND SHAMANS IN THE WORLD
    "All sin tends to be addictive, and the terminal point of addiction is what is called damnation."
    The Shamans are quite hated. They poison water supplies, curse people with addiction to their healing powers, blight crops, kill livestock, and even cause the death or malformation of the unborn. They are considered by most (other than their tribe) to be a curse on the world.
    Daily Life: The Shamans do as they have been directed. If not on some mission, they will be studying their powers, or toiling at the behest of their cults mortal leaders.
    Notables: Kurn (LE Male Sunscorch Hobgoblin Dragon Shaman 6/Blue Sand Shaman 5) has traveled well along the path to his own damnation, currently having annihilated several villages of differing peoples form within.
    Organizations: The Blue Sand Shamans are a loose brotherhood, each cell belonging to the control of an individual Blue Dragon. While they help and support one another in theory, they owe their allegiance to their patron and no other.

NPC Reaction
    NPC's usually attempt to kill you on sight if they know who and what you are.

BLUE SAND SHAMANS IN THE GAME
    This is a pretty nasty PrC. If you want to let PC's use this, best you make it an all evil campaign.
    Adaptation: This is meant for darker campaigns. It's possible to use it in a humorous one, but it would be pretty twisted.
    Encounters: Blue Sand Shamans can be found just about anywhere on errands for their masters, particularly in any place which has defied him.

Sample Encounter
    EL 12: The PC's have been asked to investigate a series of crimes, all apparently committed by drug addicts. looking closer they find soemthing of a much darker nature however.

Kurn
    LE Male Sunscorch Hobgoblin Dragon Shaman 6/Blue Sand Shaman 5
    Init +1, Senses: Listen +0, Spot +0, Dark Vision 60'
    Languages Common, Goblin, Draconic
    AC , touch , flat-footed (+1 Dex, )
    hp 93 (11 HD)
    Fort +12, Ref +4, Will +12
    Speed 30 ft. (6 squares)
    Melee
    Base Atk +7, Grp +9
    Atk Options Breath Weapon (3d6 30' Line of Electricity, DC 16)
    Combat Gear
    -----------------------------------------------
    Abilities Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 14
    SQ Dragonblood Subtype, +2 Racial Bonus on Saves vs Heat exposure, Totem Dragon (Blue), Draconic Aura +2 (Power, Presence, Resistance, Toughness, Vigor), Cast Ventriloquism at will as a Spell-Like Ability, Immune to Paralysis and Sleep Effects, Immune to the Frightful Presence of Dragons, Touch of Vitality (29 points)
    Feats Diehard, Endurance, Sandskimmer, Sand Camouflage, Steadfast Determination, Skill Focus (Bluff)(B)
    Skills Bluff +7, Climb +4, Hide +7, Intimidate +6, Knowledge (Geography, Nature) +4, Search +2, Spellcraft +2
    Possessions

EPIC BLUE SAND SHAMAN

Hit Die: d10
    Corrupt Vitality Beginning at level 23 and every 3 levels thereafter you gain an additional 5 points of healing per day.
    Bonus Feats: The Blue Sand Shaman gains a Bonus Feat every 3 levels higher than 20th
    Last edited by Bhu; 2009-12-05 at 06:18 AM.
    Orcs and Goblins

25. - Top - End - #895
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

Those classess of yours are just so damn cool

I wouldn't be myself If I didn't ask you - will you be doing some more goblinoid classes before starting the giant classes ?? If yes, will it be something from the list or do you have a batch of new ideas ?? (If no, would you take some more requests ? )

26. - Top - End - #896
    Titan in the Playground

I still have GOblin stuff waiting to be done, and yes I take requests
    Orcs and Goblins

27. - Top - End - #897
    Titan in the Playground

Got most of the fluff up, and the 1st class ability.
    Orcs and Goblins

28. - Top - End - #898
    Titan in the Playground

Got the rest of the class abilities up. If you like, I shall do the next PrC.
    Orcs and Goblins

29. - Top - End - #899
    Ogre in the Playground

Winner.

Knight of the Red Sword is now a nifty mage-hunter thanks to the first rank of "And skill at arms the 3rd," if combined with Pierce Magical Protection. "I cast Defensively, no AoO for you! Gurgle, slump..."

I like the reincorporation of the Knight's Challenge: it's now worth buying the prerequisites [unlike the whole Toughness as a prerequisite thing]. You haven't put the normal boilerplate that standard actions don't cause more damage when using "For hate's sake" so you're taking 2 bleeding damage every turn. Was this intentional?
    Mine is not so much a Peter Pan Complex as a Peter Pan Doom Fortress and Underground LairTM!
    Fae-o-matic Want a fae from folklore stated? Give me the lore and I'll do it for you!
    Le Cirque Funeste Evil Fairy Circus! Ray Bradbury, refined down to snortable powder!

30. - Top - End - #900
    Dwarf in the Playground

Daemon

If you have any ideas you would like to try, go ahead, I'll accept everything coming from under your keyboard

If you want to try one of those:

Basher
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, Rage, ranks in Knowledge religion
    Possible Benefits: reigious berserker of some sort.

Gaijin Marshall
    Prerequisites: Hobgoblin, Samurai
    Possible Benefits: You get sent to do the dirty work other samurai wont touch.

Orog Juggernaut
    Prerequisites: Orog, Heavy Armor Proficiency, Warmage Edge
    Possible Benefits: Can cast spells in the heaviest of armor.

Swords of Ilneval
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, Ilneval as Patron, Divine spellcaster
    Possible benefits: Discharge spells through sword, some enhanced divination

Horns of Amon
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, ability to Bind Amon
    Possible Benefits: You specialize in binding Amon, and get extra abilities when doing so

Ashen Swords
    Prerequisites: Any goblinoid, ability to Bind Marchosias
    Possible Benefits: Assassins who specialize in binding Marchosias

The Called
    Prerequisites: Any Orcish, ability to Bind Vestiges, contacted peacefully by orcish vestige
    Possible Benefits: The Called are contacted by an orc turned vestige. in life he was shunned by his tribe, and he calls upon similar outcasts.
    Btw., thanks a lot for actually fulfilling my previous request