New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default 3.5 PrCs that grant Ability Score Bonuses

I have been looking for a list of Prestige Classes in 3.5 that grant ability score bonuses, but my searches have not turned up anything online. So I have started to make my own list. If anyone knows of prestige classes I am missing, I would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Prestige Classes that grant Ability Score Bonuses**:
    --------------------------------------------------
    • Dragon Disciple [DMG 183] 2nd (STR +2); 4th (STR +2); 6th (CON +2); 8th (INT +2); 10th (STR +4, CHA +2).
    • Animal Lord [CAd 22] 10th (STR +2 or DEX +2 or CON +2 or WIS +2 or CHA +2).
    • Acolyte of the Skin [CAr 19] 1st (DEX +2 inherent); 5th (CON +2 inherent).
    • Blood Magus [CAr 26] 9th (CON +2).
    • Green Star Adept [CAr 41] 1st (STR +1); 4th (STR +1); 7th (STR +2); 10th (STR +2).
    • Mythic Exemplar [CC 86] 10th (STR +2 or DEX +2 or CON +2 or INT +2 or WIS +2 or CHA +2).
    • Dragon Devotee [RD 84] 1st (CHA +2); 3rd (CON +2); 5th (STR +2).
    • Fiend-Blooded [HH 102] 3rd (CHA +1); 5th (INT +1); 7th (DEX +1); 9th (CON +1); 10th (STR +2, DEX +1, CON +1, INT +1).
    • Fleshwarper [LoM 190] 10th (CON +2).
    • War Hulk [MH 22] 1st (STR +2); 2nd (STR +2); 3rd (STR +2); 4th (STR +2); 5th (STR +2); 6th (STR +2); 7th (STR +2); 8th (STR +2); 9th (STR +2); 10th (STR +2).
    • Warchief [MH 24] 2nd (CHA +2); 6th (CHA +2); 10th (CHA +2).
    • Drow Paragon [UA 32] 3rd (DEX +2).
    • Dwarf Paragon [UA 33] 3rd (CON +2).
    • Elf Paragon [UA 35] 3rd (INT +2).
    • Gnome Paragon [UA 36] 3rd (CHA +2).
    • Half-Elf Paragon [UA 39] 3rd (ANY +2).
    • Half-Orc Paragon [UA 40] 3rd (STR +2).
    • Halfling Paragon [UA 42] 3rd (DEX +2).
    • Human Paragon [UA 43] 3rd (ANY +2).
    • Orc Paragon [UA 44] 3rd (STR +2).
    • Tiefling Paragon [UA 46] 3rd (DEX +2).
    • Annointed Knight [BE 50] 1st (INT +1 or WIS +1 or CHA +1); 4th (INT +1 or WIS +1 or CHA +1); 7th (INT +1 or WIS +1 or CHA +1);, 10th (INT +1 or WIS +1 or CHA +1).
    • Risen Martyr [BE 68] 1st (CHA +2); 5th (CHA +2).
    • Diamond Dragon [DM 30] 1st (STR +1 or DEX +1 or CON +1); 5th (STR +1 or DEX +1 or CON +1); 10th (STR +1 or DEX +1 or CON +1).
    • Swift Wing [DM 50] 10th (STR +1 or DEX +1 or CON +1) and (INT +1 or WIS +1 or CHA +1).
    • Doomlord [PlH 47] 4th (CON +1 or CHA +1); 8th (CON +1 or CHA +1).
    • Fatemaker [PlH 50] 1st (CHA +1); 5th (CHA +1); 10th (CHA +1).
    • Disciple of Baalzebul [BV 58] 10th (CHA +4 inherent).

Special Mention:
    • Chameleon [ROD 111] 4th (ANY +2 competence) improves to +4 at 7th and +6 at 10th; may be changed to a different ability 1-3 times per day.
    • Crystal Master [Web] 2nd (ANY +1*); 4th (ANY +1*); 6th (ANY +1*); 8th (ANY +1*); 10th (ANY +1*); * each ability may be selected only once, the bonus increases to +2 at 6th and +3 at 10th, the bonus is active only as long as the Crystal Master maintains psionic focus.
    • Warshaper [CW 89] 2nd (STR +4, CON +4) when in a form other than her own.
    • Soul Eater [BV 66] 2nd (STR +4 enhancement*); 5th (CON +4 enhancement*); 8th (DEX +4 enhancement*); *these are 24 hour bonuses that are gained when the Soul Eater uses its energy drain ability.

**Note that all bonuses listed are untyped unless otherwise indicated.
    Sourcebooks are listed using the abbreviations found in the Prestige Class Index.
    Last edited by BowStreetRunner; 2012-09-11 at 12:42 PM.
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: 3.5 PrCs that grant Ability Score Bonuses

Dumbledore is dead but had a horcrux so might still be alive to it being fake and him dead but not stopping her from using the having a horcrux on you letting you live from a killing curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Epileptic monkeys. Boxing gloves. Typewriters. That is all.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Warshaper gives +4 str and con, I believe.
    Guess who's good at avatars? Thormag. That's who.

A Campaign Setting more than a year in the making, Patria!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Risen Martyr (BoED) - +2 Cha at level 1 and another +2 Cha at level 5
    Chameleon (RoD) - gives an increasing floating bonus +2 to +6 to your stat of choice, starts at level 4 and ends at level 10
    Last edited by HunterOfJello; 2012-09-10 at 10:34 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Spamalot in the Playground

Diamond Dragon (DrM 30) gives you minor increases.

You can get pretty hefty untyped boosts to all your ability scores each day from Meditant, but they're not permanent and need to be refreshed.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

"Waker of the Beast" from Dragon 296 gets a net +4 Str and -6 Int. It also increases your size by one category, with effects identical to increasing a monster's size through hitdice. (Variable depending on how big the creature was to begin with).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Fatemaker- Planar handbook. Take-charge appeal boosts CHA by 1 at 1, 5 , and 10

War Chief- Miniatures handbook, Ability boost. +2 to cha at 2, 6, and 10. stupidly easy to qualify for

chameleon - races of destiny.Ability Boon +2, then 4, then 6 to an ability of your choice. changeable every day
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by weckar View Post
    Venger, can you be my full-time memory aid please?
    Iron Chef Medals!
    Amazing Princess Mononoke avatar by Dispozition

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Crystal Master can get up to +6 in all stats as long as it maintains psionic focus. No type is specified, but it's ambiguous whether it was supposed to be an enhancement.

Meditant also can get from +2 to +6 untyped to all abilities (only either physical/mental at a time) all day (higher bonuses come at the cost of duration)

Should we assume you're not looking for short-term temporary-state stat increases? (eg. Acolyte of the Ego, Frenzied Berserker)
    Last edited by eggs; 2012-09-10 at 11:54 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    Warshaper gives +4 str and con, I believe.
    Only when the warshaper is in a form other than her own, though.
    Demiliches. Why'd it have to be demiliches?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by some guy View Post
    Only when the warshaper is in a form other than her own, though.
    Correct. But with a changeling, the most common entry for the class, this is essentially all the time. also true of the first runner up, the ever-versatile master of many forms.

the bonuses are also enhancement bonuses, so are not as useful as they initially seem.

EDIT: They are actually untyped, and thus super useful.
    Last edited by Venger; 2012-09-10 at 12:45 PM.
    I've got a new fantasy TTRPG about running your own fencing school in a 3 musketeers pastiche setting. Book coming soon.

Check out my NEW sci-fi TTRPG about first contact. Cool alien races, murderous AIs, and more. New expansion featuring rules for ships! New book here NOW!

Iron Chef Medals!

11. - Top - End - #11
    Firbolg in the Playground

Anything that grants or improve Rage or Wildshape or Alternate Form abilities.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    Correct. But with a changeling, the most common entry for the class, this is essentially all the time. also true of the first runner up, the ever-versatile master of many forms.

the bonuses are also enhancement bonuses, so are not as useful as they initially seem.
    Hengeyokai, who can stay in their Hybrid form indefinitely (the daily use limit is just how often you can change form, it functions like polymorph other, which is a permanent duration.), can also benefit from the class just as well as a chameleon, except with less sneakyness.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    [citation needed]. The text mentions no type, and the errata for C. Warrior doesn't change anything about Warshaper. Since no type is given, they should in fact be untyped- I'm not aware of any rule that would force these bonuses to be Enhancement.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    [citation needed]. The text mentions no type, and the errata for C. Warrior doesn't change anything about Warshaper. Since no type is given, they should in fact be untyped- I'm not aware of any rule that would force these bonuses to be Enhancement.
    going back to check, you are correct. I was confusing its bonuses with soul eater's. I'll strikethrough my earlier post so as not to confuse people coming to read the thread, but leave the text there so it does not appear as though I am trying to deny my wrongness.

Quote Originally Posted by Axier View Post
    Hengeyokai, who can stay in their Hybrid form indefinitely (the daily use limit is just how often you can change form, it functions like polymorph other, which is a permanent duration.), can also benefit from the class just as well as a chameleon, except with less sneakyness.
    don't forget! the 3.5 update for hengeyokai made them LA 0, so they're even more fun to play.
    Last edited by Venger; 2012-09-10 at 12:46 PM.

Iron Chef Medals!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

I believe Soul Eater gets an effectively-permanent bonus to ability scores if they buy a bag of tricks....

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Is 3.0 okay?

If it is, Heartwarder from faiths and pantheons gets some cha increases.
    I am not seaweed. That's a B.

Praise I've received
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoMartell View Post
    Kelb, recently it looks like you're the Avatar of Reason in these forums, man.
    Quote Originally Posted by LTwerewolf View Post
    [...] bringing Kelb in on your side in a rules fight is like bringing Mike Tyson in on your side to fight a toddler. You can, but it's such massive overkill.
    A quick outline on building a homebrew campaign

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Thanks for all of the help so far.

I am in fact only looking for permanent bonuses, although I will make Special Mention of any class providing a reliable, long-term bonus that can be up almost all of the time.

I chose not to include the Meditant because the bonuses gained are actually due to the Psychic Meditation feat, and use of that feat is merely enhanced by the prestige class. (But I am glad it was pointed out, because it is definitely worth keeping in mind.)

I do not currently have access to Dragon Magazine prestige classes or many of the old 3.0 sourcebooks, so "Waker of the Beast" from Dragon 296 and Heartwarder from Faiths and Pantheons have not been added to my list yet. If someone would be willing to provide me with the breakdown of which bonuses are gained at which levels , I will be happy to add them to the list.
    Last edited by BowStreetRunner; 2012-09-11 at 12:44 PM.
    “No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style.” ― Steven Brust
    "In God we trust. All others we investigate." - United States Army Military Police Corps
    My thanks to Komodo for the excellent Avatar.
    Check out BSR's Improved Sorcerer project.