New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast

Thread: Bibliography II

1. - Top - End - #361
    Banned

Default Re: Bibliography II

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Seen that , remember she said she was on vacation when she met Ben, thhinking about the pages with the All seeing eye Guy and his father (no time to look after names) I myself think of that she maybe some kind of secret agent working for the Zero union just to fint the INk Guys.
    If i remember right her father died on the same thing that ink does(but her father did not use ink or?
    Plausible.

Though Decent really doesn't kill the victim, rather it turns them into omnicidial maniacs with better "base stats", but they're still very much alive. Eve's dad did die to related causes of Decent but not to decent itself.

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness
    I beg to differ here; it makes perfect sense for me if it was Jackie talking.
    Maybe, but that would be even more out of character for him to be saying that since he was introduced actually bullying the weak.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Firbolg in the Playground

Meh. It seems like his style of talking, and we don't exactly know who he is. Let's just agree to disagree over who said it and let it rest.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

3. - Top - End - #363
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    Meh. It seems like his style of talking, and we don't exactly know who he is. Let's just agree to disagree over who said it and let it rest.
    It's too formal and concise to be Jackie, there aren't any contractions.

Re-re-rereading the page, I have to conclude that Eve isn't talking, and that someone's referring to Eve kicking the **** out of someone much, much weaker than her, and it being a bad thing. Which implies a huge streak of blood-thirstyness that is even more out of character than simple somberness over a fight.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Ogre in the Playground

It could be Deegan talking.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #365

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    Because based on her statement, she wasn't doing her gang's dirty work. She was protecting someone. Further her actions in the first chapter which introduced her after a fight, acting completely different than she does now.
    The circumstances are entirely different.

In the first chapter, the aggressor flees and she remains with the victim. It makes sense to present the happy friendly comforting face.

Here, the aggressor lies as a broken lump on the floor, and the entire gang surrounds the scene.

Furthermore, was he really an aggressor? There are many people talking, here, not all of them are necessarily Eve or Jackie.

"I cannot condone bullying the weak. His ego exceeded his abilities." Whoever says that is formulating a reproach against the gang. The "ego exceeds abilities" part clearly say "he is weak". And therefore, he is the one being bullied.

"He challenged us. He got what he deserved." Someone else provides justification for the action that took place.

Reconstitution of the scene: some braggard bothered the Zero Union gang. Eve, as the enforcer, was tasked with shutting him up. This amused some, disgusted some others. Eve herself doesn't seem to pleased.

This is pretty much her doing the gang's dirty work, and being somber about it.

PS: I'm guessing the one who talks with random Papa Tango verbiage is the harpy with aviator goggles. The "bullying the weak" line, I'd say it's the wannabe Prince of Persia with two belts. He looks like he'd wish to be a hero. The "got what he deserved" line, I'd hazard, was just callous enough to be talked by Jacob. Eve herself remains silent throughout, lost in her thought. The big guy with the scorpion-tail hat (or hair?), I picture him not talking often, and none of the bubbles seem to come from Clown Guy, except may the "truly a treat one" if that's not the continuation of Jackie's speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

Wow, things are really picking up now! (Not that it wasn't interesting before!)

I'm thinking Eve actually looks kinda distressed, like she didn't want to beat up that page. Maybe she's a lot more serious when she's not flirting with cute librarian boys?

And that first speech bubble has to be Charlie Wright.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

7. - Top - End - #367
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well I suppose that explains what she was doing there (in the zero alley) at the start of the story. Still chilling. Very well done twist. Also very confused about who should have my sympathy now.
    offical catalogger of all the reasons why single word spells should not take more than one page for the fanclub

"and now for something totaly different"
    "go grace!"

8. - Top - End - #368
    Ettin in the Playground

I...

You...

He...

CHARLIE!!!!!

/spaz attack

EDIT: Wait; Eve is in Zero Union? Obviously Jackie is just an evil lackey trying to warp the gang to his/her purposes. Got to be.

EDIT EDIT: Also; Zettai Ryouki

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I'm betting on Charlie showing up first...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Shiro View Post
    Yeah well... Opal existed first so take that! Cuz iiiiii articulated in BibliographyITP.
    HA!

... OK, I think I'm done.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2010-08-27 at 07:54 AM.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

9. - Top - End - #369
    Bugbear in the Playground

Damn...
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

10. - Top - End - #370

Planetar

Can anyone provide a translation of what Charlie was saying in the first panel?
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #371

Who is Charlie and why are we supposed to know him? I'm lazy and want a link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

12. - Top - End - #372

In the arts and crafts forum, Elagune started a thread for people to make new characters for Bibliography. Charlie was one of the characters there, and he's the first to show up in-manga.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

13. - Top - End - #373
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DMofDarkness View Post
    In the arts and crafts forum, Elagune started a thread for people to make new characters for Bibliography. Charlie was one of the characters there, and he's the first to show up in-manga.
    Also note that Oots-Style Charlie is my avatar.

14. - Top - End - #374
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Who is Charlie and why are we supposed to know him? I'm lazy and want a link.
    Elagune wanted character Ideas. I was one of the first whose design was selected for use in the comic itself. Kurama's character, Opal (Note her avatar) was the second. We had a rivalry going as to who'd show up first.

Charlie (Yes, I know his boot's got a little something. Leave it be :|):
    Spoiler
    Show

Opal:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2010-08-27 at 08:30 AM.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Seeing those characters makes me wish the contest was still accepting characters at the moment. I have a character idea all ready to go...
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

16. - Top - End - #376
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Silverraptor View Post
    Seeing those characters makes me wish the contest was still accepting characters at the moment. I have a character idea all ready to go...
    Elagune is still accepting. He's just not looking at the thread till he's done drawing what he's already accepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayd View Post
    Can anyone provide a translation of what Charlie was saying in the first panel?
    Whiskey Delta
    Phonetics for “Weak D***,” a pilot who can’t cut it. Such a scurrilous term that it’s almost never used.

Bravo Zulu
    Praise for a good job.

Well, damn. My character's a jerk.
    Last edited by John Cribati; 2010-08-27 at 11:29 AM.

17. - Top - End - #377
    Dwarf in the Playground

Well, damn. My character's a jerk.
    Well, somebody has to be the jerk. What did you expect?
    Last edited by Hyoumu Yau; 2010-08-27 at 12:17 PM.

Be nice, give him a hug. Look how much he want's it!

Avatar and Signature were made by me

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maximum Zersk View Post
    Ah, but people aren't a single characteristic. Maybe she's sombre for a reason not explained just yet. Maybe her perpetual optimism is just a facade. We don't know enough about the character yet.
    Who's read Tsukihime?

Bespectacled protagonist encounters genki blonde-haired girl with moon-related powers (including super-strength and claws), first villain is a guy in a navy longcoat who fights with familiars...
    Spoiler
    Show

Okay, maybe if Nrvnqsr ate Vaati...
    Last edited by Prime32; 2010-08-27 at 01:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #379

EVE!? Way to totally mess up our image of her. It makes sense she runs in a pack, I guess, but as an Enforcer? huh. Good twist. And good explanation as to why she was in the Zero Union alley, as someone else pointed out.

20. - Top - End - #380
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prime32 View Post
    Who's read Tsukihime?
    Sorry. Franken Fran.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.

Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Titan in the Playground

Elagune is still accepting. He's just not looking at the thread till he's done drawing what he's already accepted
    Ya, but I don't want to post him until Elagune is looking through the thread again.
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

You guys are missing somthing fairly important.

Page Gangs are for pages who don't have a chapter. Either because there are not enough of them in the immediate area to form a chapter, or because pages of their codex are simply too few/spread out to make chapters.

The Lunar Chapter was established as one of the five great chapters of Tiltstone, alongside the very well organized All Seeing chapter.

This means that Eve is an anomaly, she has joined a page gang despite her codex having a chapter in the town. That's probably why they call her the "Lone Wolf", she has cut herself off from her chapter for some reason.

My theory as to why!
    Spoiler
    Show

Her father, when he started to Descend the Librarians promised three weeks before they came to take him away. Presumably, this is because he had three weeks before he entered Stage 2 of Descent, and began to change as a person.
    It was also mentioned that they didn't get the three weeks.

Which means either her father became an Abyssal before he should have even entered Stage 2 (highly unlikely without Ink, which seems like it only showed up recently), or her father was taken down early for some reason.
    Now, throw in that she calls herself "Eve Smith" instead of "Eve Wolfgang", makes me think she wants to seperate herself from her family or chapter for some reason.

My theory, her father was given three weeks by the librarians before he was taken away, however, some members of the Lunar codex decided that, for whatever reason, they wanted to keep it in the family. Maybe they were worried about him descending before the Librarians came back for him, maybe they were proud, and didn't want the Librarians doing what they felt was their duty. Maybe they felt that he should die while he was still himself, before the Descent started to change his nature.

Either way, the Lunar Codex kills her father, and since it seems like many pages come from families who are pages of the same chapter, Eve's own family may have been involved in his death.

So she changes her name to cut off all ties with the family that killed her father, and she leaves the chapter and joins a Page Gang instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

23. - Top - End - #383
    Orc in the Playground

There's another thing that could explain the "deadness in the eyes" of Eve: werewolf rage. Something made her really angry and she went frenzy. Or maybe she activated some ability that does that. It's as if she wasn't there.

And the amount of new avatars we need is increasing very fast.

EDIT @/\: I like your theory. In the logic way. But it makes me sad.
    Last edited by Tulio d Bard; 2010-08-27 at 05:02 PM.
    I'm not an English native speaker. If you find any mistake, please PM me.

Spoiler
    Show

(Dream & Matthew by kpenguin)

(Sharlaq by Soterion)

Check our Worldbuilding Project and Worldbuilding Project's Language Thread.

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    You guys are missing somthing fairly important.

Page Gangs are for pages who don't have a chapter. Either because there are not enough of them in the immediate area to form a chapter, or because pages of their codex are simply too few/spread out to make chapters.

The Lunar Chapter was established as one of the five great chapters of Tiltstone, alongside the very well organized All Seeing chapter.

This means that Eve is an anomaly, she has joined a page gang despite her codex having a chapter in the town. That's probably why they call her the "Lone Wolf", she has cut herself off from her chapter for some reason.

My theory as to why!
    Spoiler
    Show

Her father, when he started to Descend the Librarians promised three weeks before they came to take him away. Presumably, this is because he had three weeks before he entered Stage 2 of Descent, and began to change as a person.
    It was also mentioned that they didn't get the three weeks.

Which means either her father became an Abyssal before he should have even entered Stage 2 (highly unlikely without Ink, which seems like it only showed up recently), or her father was taken down early for some reason.
    Now, throw in that she calls herself "Eve Smith" instead of "Eve Wolfgang", makes me think she wants to seperate herself from her family or chapter for some reason.

My theory, her father was given three weeks by the librarians before he was taken away, however, some members of the Lunar codex decided that, for whatever reason, they wanted to keep it in the family. Maybe they were worried about him descending before the Librarians came back for him, maybe they were proud, and didn't want the Librarians doing what they felt was their duty. Maybe they felt that he should die while he was still himself, before the Descent started to change his nature.

Either way, the Lunar Codex kills her father, and since it seems like many pages come from families who are pages of the same chapter, Eve's own family may have been involved in his death.

So she changes her name to cut off all ties with the family that killed her father, and she leaves the chapter and joins a Page Gang instead.
    I have a different theory. Or two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Eve is a spy among the prominent Page gang Zero Union that the lunar chapter for whatever reason believes is dealing Ink. This would account for her differing attitude between Ben and beating up the kid (the latter to protect her image in the gang) as well as for why the lunar codex is one of the high chapters. Her name would be changed in order to keep her identity anonymous.

Assuming the Lunar chapter is an extremely tightly knit group, sort of like a regular wolf pack (unless it's a cub wolf packs rarely take in lone wolves) her not being a member of the Wolfgang lunar chapter in Tiltstone would make sense.

Spoiler
    Show
    She's secretly EEEEEEEEEVIL, saved Ben to keep his death for causing trouble for Zero Union, and is now trying to be a friend to what she assumes will be a new librarian.

...Hey, they can't ALL be likely.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #385
    Ogre in the Playground

Or...

Spoiler
    Show
    Eve is a wolf-like robot from the future that came to save her maker from certain death. Her maker happened to be Ben, who'll write down the Schematics in the Bibliography.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Hmm, on the "Eve is Undercover hunting down Ink" thing, here's an idea I hadn't thought of.
    Spoiler
    Show

Eve and Roy were Partners!

Assuming Page Gangs are the ones responsible for Ink, and the great chapters are looking into it.
    The All Seeing and Lunar codices are both Great chapters in Tiltstone, so two Werewolves or Eyedolls trying to join a page gang might be suspicious. One page could probably join, claiming they had issues with the local chapter for some reason, but two would attract attention. However, sending an undercover agent in alone was too dangerous, so Eve and Roy both approach Zero Union and ask to join, with no apparent connection between them. Meanwhile, they work together too try to find the source of the Ink.

Now Roy is dead, somebody found out about him. Eve is alone in Zero Union, and is wondering how long she has.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Or
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eve was sent from the future by an evil canine machine called PackNet to kill the father of the one man who could stop them.

Needless to say, she ended up the mother. (Shot)
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

28. - Top - End - #388
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Or
    Spoiler
    Show
    Eve was sent from the future by an evil canine machine called PackNet to kill the father of the one man who could stop them.

Needless to say, she ended up the mother. (Shot)
    Way too similar to my theory.

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #389
    Titan in the Playground

But shippier, and a Terminator ref. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

30. - Top - End - #390

Maybe he's changed for good, and the role of girl sidekick will be given to Opal!
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf