New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1480
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    We'll be using plastic sheets and duct tape to do it, and the hardware store was closed. We'll be doing that, and the painting tomorrow.
    Good Luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Ahhh. Well, to each their own. I can understand how it might be grating after awhile, but I guess for me seeing my players have such a drive to create makes me want to try and match them.

I do admit that having a bullet point summary would be useful too.

EDIT: Oh MoonCat, you make me blush
    That sounds healthy. Also, I believe I made an erroneous generalisation since I've never played PbP which apparently is A LOT slower than your average RL DnD session, which gives you much more time for creation then tight session by session deadlines.

Also, when bribing your DM is not possible, sucking up is the next to best method of not getting killed (the other one is not playing a race the DM hates, I mistake I've made).
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cynical Avocado's Absolutely Admirable Accumulation of Random Bantering #165

Hooray. As delicious sounding as caramel hair is, I think brunette suits you better.

And don't worry. I might of said something similiar to what you were thinking. And besides, being so invested in the world and story is part of what makes it fun
    It was a LOT lighter than caramel. Caramel was just what was in the chocolate I'd eaten earlier. And my hair is light enough brown that I'm actually pretty sur eit's blonde, only not actually sure at all. Godammit hair, why are you this confusing?

Very fun.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by araveugnitsuga View Post
    Good Luck!

That sounds healthy. Also, I believe I made an erroneous generalisation since I've never played PbP which apparently is A LOT slower than your average RL DnD session, which gives you much more time for creation then tight session by session deadlines.

Also, when bribing your DM is not possible, sucking up is the next to best method of not getting killed (the other one is not playing a race the DM hates, I mistake I've made).
    The only race I hate is half lings, and that was before I realized that they aren't presented as hobbits. Now that I know they are less "ho hum fiddle dee dee" and more "I'll cut your ankles off" I'm ok with them.

Speaking of DND races, I'm the ridiculous type of person that would allow any race if you can work it.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Firbolg in the Playground

When I was little, I was blond-hair blue-eyed. Now my hair is dark dark brown, and my eyes are grey, leaning more towards blue or green depending on the light.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ogre in the Playground

I was the worst DM ever. To be fair, we were in junior high and the only time we could get together was during lunch in this WoW-playing teacher's room. He was the only one who wouldn't judge us.

ION: Dad decided to keep the Netflix subscription, which means that I can watch Avatar EVERY DAY.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Ettin in the Playground

The only race I hate is half lings, and that was before I realized that they aren't presented as hobbits. Now that I know they are less "ho hum fiddle dee dee" and more "I'll cut your ankles off" I'm ok with them.

Speaking of DND races, I'm the ridiculous type of person that would allow any race if you can work it.
    I completely reformulate societal standards of most races in most of my campaigns to make some of the annoying races a lot more fun to have around, though my players are informed of this in advance so no surprises happen.

My DM has no particular annoyance with any race sans one... the game I'm playing currently got a shift of DMs due to a coup, while the previous one sucked, he allowed me to play with a pixie, the current one is temporarily running with it, but I don't know how long it will last.
    The Iron Avatarist Crypt of Fame - Exorcising photobucket from the historic archives of the forum.
    Go and went by many names Ast, Avgvst, Pink-Haired August, araveugnitsuga and nowadays AsteriskAmp.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Banned

I like the sound of that already!

8. - Top - End - #1058

I completely reformulate societal standards of most races in most of my campaigns to make some of the annoying races a lot more fun to have around, though my players are informed of this in advance so no surprises happen.

My DM has no particular annoyance with any race sans one... the game I'm playing currently got a shift of DMs due to a coup, while the previous one sucked, he allowed me to play with a pixie, the current one is temporarily running with it, but I don't know how long it will last.
    Ahh. I do too. For instance, Gnoll's are an honerable warrior race trying to make up for the transgressions of their former barbaric leaders. And the Gnome government is basically the mafia. Don Juliano Julias wants you to clean up your act, chapice?

Speaking of pixies, they are finally getting a 4E version. In November

9. - Top - End - #1059

NecromancerGuy

Indeed. One of my friends made that mistake & it ended up killing his warforged characters. Even in games where that DM wasn't the DM.

Considering their favored class is rogue...

Kid, I like your style.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-08-15 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant Sheep View Post
    Redwall is awesome, though the stories all feel the same after you read a few.
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Evil rat is attacking Abbey, ask giant Badger for help".
    "Evil sea rat-pirate is evil and enslaving people, mice and rabbits hares defeat them"".
    "Misunderstood rat is sad and helps good guys against another horde of evil rats".
    "Awesome warrior mouse's sword helps some other animal defeat evil rat warlord."
    "Awesome warrior mouse makes tons of friends in a strange land, and saves them from some evil horde of rats."

The author was awesome though, went to a book signing, he was crazy awesome British. (He joked he worked with Christopher Lee, but I think he was being serious.)
    Hey, I know at least one occasion where it was a ferret.

My DM reads it and is interested, I think. She was encouraging me and Teodor do write ours. My DM is perfect! She's brilliant! I love her!/suck-up
    Also you called Absolmorph by his character's name
    I have many names.
    There are some who call me... Teodor.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by absolmorph View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Ettin in the Playground

Ahh. I do too. For instance, Gnoll's are an honerable warrior race trying to make up for the transgressions of their former barbaric leaders. And the Gnome government is basically the mafia. Don Juliano Julias wants you to clean up your act, capice?

I've gone with Nazi-esque elves, Communist Tieflings, actually organized Neo-Liberal Drows, Undead as cheap labor and as rulers of Germanic-esque kingdom, the humans being the cavemen, and one of my favourites halflings as mounts and weight carriers.

I'm firmly stablished in 3.5, I don't really like the 4E feeling and what really turned me away was the almost instant publishing of 4.25E
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Indeed. One of my friends made that mistake & it ended up killing his warforged characters. Even in games where that DM wasn't the DM.
    That's quite a luck.

12. - Top - End - #1062

NecromancerGuy

I've gone with Nazi-esque elves, Communist Tieflings, actually organized Neo-Liberal Drows, Undead as cheap labor and as rulers of Germanic-esque kingdom, the humans being the cavemen, and one of my favourites halflings as mounts and weight carriers.
    For what, muckdwellers?

That's quite a luck.
    Well, the DM that hates them was a player in this game and did sorta funnel the enemy right to the warforged with how he placed the field of green slime he threw down. Then reincarnated him so he couldn't be raised.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2011-08-15 at 12:35 AM.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ettin in the Playground

For what, muckdwellers?
    Everything, everyone used them as a sorts of mules. They would be tied in groups of two or four, placed bellow a plank of wood with a clothpiece and they had to hold it on top and be used for weight carrying. Or you could have two to eight of them carry you around in a palanquin or have them pull a wagon or actually use them as mounts for your mount, by carrying the mount and you on the plank, that normally did require at least eight of them.
    Well, the DM that hates them was a player in this game and did sorta funnel the enemy right to the warforged with how he placed the field of green slime he threw down. Then reincarnated him so he couldn't be raised.
    That's PvP to a new evil level...

14. - Top - End - #1064

I'm firmly stablished in 3.5, I don't really like the 4E feeling and what really turned me away was the almost instant publishing of 4.25E
    Interesting ideas, there. Nazi Elves kinda reminds me of the Death Gate Cycle, and anything that does that is good in my book. Same with ruler zombies and slave zombies.

I got into 4E around the time they started releasing the Essentials books. I don't find them as "oh noes worry panic" as some people do. I like them, as it helps new players get used to the game, which I feel is part of what makes DND so fun.

Though I wish some of the classes were a tad bit better. Need more ranged strikers man.

Also, 4E gives us the conveted Triple Vampire Double Undead combo.

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Banned

I'm not too big on 4th Ed. Mostly because I'm used to 3.5, despite its flaws. I do, however, like 4th's better class balance (at least melee classes can actually do something now) and the playable monsters. I love the whole removal of LA and RHD, and just giving us nice fresh player stats for them. Plus the new races are awesome and I love the art of most of the new monsters.

I figure 4th Ed is a lot less complicated, which was a bit of a problem in 3rd. But I prefer the flexibility of 3rd a bit more. I find 4th a bit too rigid for me. But that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by Skeppio; 2011-08-15 at 12:48 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Ettin in the Playground

I got into 4E around the time they started releasing the Essentials books. I don't find them as "oh noes worry panic" as some people do. I like them, as it helps new players get used to the game, which I feel is part of what makes DND so fun.

Though I wish some of the classes were a tad bit better. Need more ranged strikers man.

The issue with essentials is that it was a simplification over the already rather simplified 4E and I didn't like the way things were looking for 4E, specially since despite making the game a lot more balanced it practically took away one of the most fun aspects for me, multi-classing. I still however wish to eventually at least have one game in 4E if only to see how it works out in practice.

And yes, the most parodied ever template race class stacking is also tempting.

17. - Top - End - #1067

The issue with essentials is that it was a simplification over the already rather simplified 4E and I didn't like the way things were looking for 4E, specially since despite making the game a lot more balanced it practically took away one of the most fun aspects for me, multi-classing. I still however wish to eventually at least have one game in 4E if only to see how it works out in practice.

And yes, the most parodied ever template race class stacking is also tempting.
    Well, thats where the joy of house rules come in, of course. Though I figure they fixed multiclassing. No more xp lag for one.

Also, next campaign I do, consider yourself an assured seat so you can try it out

Oh, also, with the addition of Lycanthrophic character themes in Neverwinter Campaign Guide, you can add Werewolf or Wererat to that.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2011-08-15 at 12:59 AM.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, thats where the joy of house rules come in, of course. Though I figure they fixed multiclassing. No more xp lag for one.

Also, next campaign I do, consider yourself an assured seat so you can try it out

Oh, also, with the addition of Lycanthrophic character themes in Neverwinter Campaign Guide, you can add Werewolf or Wererat to that.
    I believe the xp lag is the least of the worries when multiclassing in 4E

Also, consider that seat taken.

I really don't know how much more undead you can get before becoming alive again.

19. - Top - End - #1069

I believe the xp lag is the least of the worries when multiclassing in 4E

Also, consider that seat taken.

I really don't know how much more undead you can get before becoming alive again.
    Well, being a werewolf isn't a case of being undead, so there is that.

20. - Top - End - #1070

NecromancerGuy

Everything, everyone used them as a sorts of mules. They would be tied in groups of two or four, placed bellow a plank of wood with a clothpiece and they had to hold it on top and be used for weight carrying. Or you could have two to eight of them carry you around in a palanquin or have them pull a wagon or actually use them as mounts for your mount, by carrying the mount and you on the plank, that normally did require at least eight of them.
    ...MOUNTS DO NOT WORK THAT WAY!

Converted or coveted?
    Homebrew

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Ettin in the Playground

Throw a horse costume and a saddle over two halflings and you have a half horse mount.
    Last edited by AsteriskAmp; 2011-08-15 at 01:14 AM. Reason: It isn't a proper mount without a saddle.

22. - Top - End - #1072

Converted or coveted?
    Coveted. I totally meant to say what I said this time, woo hoo!

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Ogre in the Playground

I got Minecraft to run decently for the first time in ages.
    I decided to play on a friend's server.
    I built my home underground. From there, I started a mine. My shaft is a square 3 blocks to a side.
    I went down at least 20 blocks already. I have stairs.
    I suspect I'll hit the bottom of the map in 2-3 days (assuming I don't play much).
    I also suspect I'll hit the bottom of the map before I put a bed in my house, because I do stuff like that.
    Some men just want to watch the world shift uncomfortably in its seat.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Kylarra View Post
    I happen to like screwing around with Handle Animal.
    Red Mage, is that you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawhide View Post
    Now you're cranking it up to eleven.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    A week ago, I didn't know who you were. Now I know: you're the BEST PERSON EVER.
    Quote Originally Posted by noparlpf View Post
    You seem to be having trouble with the idea that a rulebook can contradict itself, because it shouldn't, but...WotC.

If you're reading this for some reason, you can find me in a few places on the web as azoicennead.

24. - Top - End - #1074
    Titan in the Playground

For what, muckdwellers?

Reincarnate on a Warforged could be fun. Reincarnate can't change your type, so it would come back as a random other construct.

EDIT: Having checked the text, Reincarnate doesn't work on constructs at all.
    Last edited by Heliomance; 2011-08-15 at 06:31 AM.
    Quotebox
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalirren View Post
    The only person in the past two pages who has known what (s)he has been talking about is Heliomance.
    Quote Originally Posted by golentan View Post
    I just don't want to have long romantic conversations or any sort of drama with my computer, okay? It knows what kind of porn I watch. I don't want to mess that up by allowing it to judge any of my choices in romance.

Wish building characters for D&D 3.5 was simpler? Try HeroForge Anew! An Excel-based, highly automated character builder. v7.4 now out!

25. - Top - End - #1075
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Heliomance View Post
    Reincarnate on a Warforged could be fun. Reincarnate can't change your type, so it would come back as a random other construct.

EDIT: Having checked the text, Reincarnate doesn't work on constructs at all.
    Reincarnate as a sentient Rod of Lordly Might? That could be fun =p

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Ogre in the Playground

ONION: Blargh, why is backstories so hard to write up properly? I know it sounded excellent in my head last night...
    Yeah, I'm not that good at backstories. That's why I tricked the DM into writing mine I thought it would really help the "amnesia" aspect of my character if I as the player didn't know my backstory either.

Ahh. I do too. For instance, Gnoll's are an honerable warrior race trying to make up for the transgressions of their former barbaric leaders. And the Gnome government is basically the mafia. Don Juliano Julias wants you to clean up your act, chapice?

I'm planning a game right now for a few friends for after school starts. The orcs are psionic and are ruled by the oppressive dwarves.

I got Minecraft to run decently for the first time in ages.
    I decided to play on a friend's server.
    I built my home underground. From there, I started a mine. My shaft is a square 3 blocks to a side.
    I went down at least 20 blocks already. I have stairs.
    I suspect I'll hit the bottom of the map in 2-3 days (assuming I don't play much).
    I also suspect I'll hit the bottom of the map before I put a bed in my house, because I do stuff like that.
    Sweet. I would get Minecraft, but it would put off my laptop purchase. Which is bad, because I have no way of making money right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger Mattos View Post
    Yeah, I'm not that good at backstories. That's why I tricked the DM into writing mine I thought it would really help the "amnesia" aspect of my character if I as the player didn't know my backstory either.

I'm planning a game right now for a few friends for after school starts. The orcs are psionic and are ruled by the oppressive dwarves.

Sweet. I would get Minecraft, but it would put off my laptop purchase. Which is bad, because I have no way of making money right now.
    Not gonna touch that first comment

Oh dear, psionic orcs. Though to be fair, there is some precedence for it. ORKAMORKA! WAAAAAAAGH!

I flipflop from thinking Minecraft is boring as hell, and really wanting to try it out. But my computer can't run it unless the rendering is set at the lowest it can possibly get. So like, I can't see things two feet infront of me.

28. - Top - End - #1078
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, my video drivers are too bad for Minecraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    That joke is older than a chicken halfway 'cross a road, Comedian.
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    This is probably the least amusing thing I've heard all week.
    Awesome avatar courtesy of Ranger Mattos.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Ogre in the Playground

Not gonna touch that first comment

Oh dear, psionic orcs. Though to be fair, there is some precedence for it. ORKAMORKA! WAAAAAAAGH!

I flipflop from thinking Minecraft is boring as hell, and really wanting to try it out. But my computer can't run it unless the rendering is set at the lowest it can possibly get. So like, I can't see things two feet infront of me.

Sort of a bigger, stronger version of blues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    Wouldn't a bulb only be sharp if someone broke it? Oh...wait...that's actually very fitting for this situation. Well played Ranger Mattos. Your metaphor-crafting is masterful indeed.

30. - Top - End - #1080

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    Reincarnate as a sentient Rod of Lordly Might? That could be fun =p
    If only. Half Orc.
    Homebrew